PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' The Harlot

knitpurlgurl
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
:p I just downloaded to and listened to Stephanie Pearl-Phee Casts Off (http://knitting.about.com/od/reviews/fr/casts_off.htm) from iTunes. It's hysterical and SO true! For those of you who love to read, either pick it up or download the audio book. I chose the audiobook so that I could listen while I work around the house. It was TERRIFIC!! Did I mention that? :woot:

I SO want to be Stephanie Pearl-McPhee when I grow up. :D

knitgal
06-21-2008, 04:32 PM
If you liked that one, read Knitting Rules! It's even better....seriously.

Eccie
06-21-2008, 05:55 PM
The Secret Life of a Knitter is my favorite. I got all three of these as holiday presents last year.

Jan in CA
06-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Cast's Off is probably my least favorite of her books. My favorite would be Knitting Rules, but all her books are good. :thumbsup:

The.Knitter
06-21-2008, 07:40 PM
The Secret Life of a Knitter is my favorite. I got all three of these as holiday presents last year.

I really enjoyed this one as well. Hilarious...

Plantgoddess+
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I really enjoyed Meditations of a Woman Who Knits Too Much. I listen to it in my car most every time I go shopping.

knitpurlgurl
06-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Gosh, I'll have to download all of the HArlot books.

Cirrus
06-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Secret Life of a Knitter & Knitting Rules are both good good and worth reading. You'll see yourself in these books and laugh. But they are different, so it's worth reading both. In one book (cannot remember which) she bashed crochet pretty hard. She's entitled to her opinion, but sometimes things are better left unsaid.

knitgal
06-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Secret Life of a Knitter & Knitting Rules are both good good and worth reading. You'll see yourself in these books and laugh. But they are different, so it's worth reading both. In one book (cannot remember which) she bashed crochet pretty hard. She's entitled to her opinion, but sometimes things are better left unsaid.

She's also a crocheter herself, so I'm sure she didn't mean it in a mean way, probably just jokingly.

Eekee
06-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't think she has a mean bone in her body, unless maybe it's toward squirrels.