PDA

View Full Version : Sweater Is Shaping Up Nicely

Knitting_Guy
06-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I finished the body of the sapphire sweater and have started a sleeve. It's actually looking like a sweater!

I was working on the sleeve in a little pub in MO last night and got quite a few compliments on the sweater. A couple of people looked at it, then looked at me, and couldn't quite seem to connect the two :rofl:

It's coming along more quickly than I had expected considering the limited amount of knitting time I have on the road. I'm hoping to be able to post a pic of the finished sweater pretty soon as I think the sleeves will be rather quick.

Jaxhil
06-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey stranger!! Good to hear from you!

Sounds like your sweater is near the finish line-can't wait to see it :cool:

And sleeves *are* really fast~ are you knitting them separately from the body or knitting down from the shoulders?

Knitting_Guy
06-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey stranger!! Good to hear from you!

Sounds like your sweater is near the finish line-can't wait to see it :cool:

And sleeves *are* really fast~ are you knitting them separately from the body or knitting down from the shoulders?

Thanks. I'm knitting them down from the shoulders. Just seems easier that way and I can try them on as I go.

ecb
06-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Good to hear
that U R ok
and that your knitting is comming along so well

thanks for the updates

Jaxhil
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Yep-much easier. I really don't like seaming, which is weird since I am a far better sewer than knitter~but sewing together seams on a sweater or any hand~knitted item is a whole 'nother ballgame :shock: LOL!

You'll be done before you know it!

boo1
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
(Or maybe I"m still in La-la Land...)

Looking forward to seeing the finished sweater! I know it'll look great!

:thumbsup:

figaro
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
So what about some pics of the sweater in progress Mason? I think we are all thinking that...

Oh, I thought you might like to know that my brother who almost died and went through a bone marrow transplant is back to driving again!:woohoo:He has discovered how out of shape he is from not loading/unloading for so long so it takes him longer than usual but he is driving again. And when he went back to work, the company he works for (Costa Trucking) made sure they cleaned his rig inside and out for him, this is also the company who held blood drives for him and paid for his insurance while he was not working.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I thought you would appreciate that news....

bambi
06-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi Mason!

I'm anxiously awaiting pics of the sweater. I'm not much on seaming, either. I don't even want to look at a pattern that has seaming as finishing instructions. I'm not really experienced enough to go off pattern yet.

How's the open road?

Bambi

Wanda Witch
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi, Stranger, good hearing from you and the progress on the sweater. Because of your success with the top-down knitting I have yarn ready for the needles to do one also. Hope I am as successful as you with mine. Let's see a photo soon.

Knitting_Guy
06-23-2008, 08:37 PM
So what about some pics of the sweater in progress Mason? I think we are all thinking that...

Oh, I thought you might like to know that my brother who almost died and went through a bone marrow transplant is back to driving again!:woohoo:He has discovered how out of shape he is from not loading/unloading for so long so it takes him longer than usual but he is driving again. And when he went back to work, the company he works for (Costa Trucking) made sure they cleaned his rig inside and out for him, this is also the company who held blood drives for him and paid for his insurance while he was not working.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I thought you would appreciate that news....

I've tried taking a couple of progress pics but you'd be surprised at how difficult it can be to get a good photo of something as large as a sweater while sitting in a truck.

Glad to learn about your brother's recovery. I'm very pleased that he is back out here on the road with us. Tell him to get himself a Sirius radio and join us on the Road Dog channel as well as at 110ers.com. We'd be happy to have him join the Dog Pound. I go by the CB handle "Needles" there.

Knitting_Guy
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Mason!

I'm anxiously awaiting pics of the sweater. I'm not much on seaming, either. I don't even want to look at a pattern that has seaming as finishing instructions. I'm not really experienced enough to go off pattern yet.

How's the open road?

Bambi

I personally don't even like the idea of seaming. I suppose I'll take a crack at it one of these days, but I'm perfectly happy knitting in the round.

The open road is quite crowded. Seems even high gas prices don't keep the tourists and RVs off the highways.

suzeeq
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I go by the CB handle "Needles" there.

LOL! That's a 10-4 good buddy!

Knitting_Guy
06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL! That's a 10-4 good buddy!

Ummm, careful with the "good buddy" thing, I don't think you know what it actually means these days :rofl:

suzeeq
06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh sorry. My definition goes back about 30 years.... As does the line I stole.

Knitting_Guy
06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh sorry. My definition goes back about 30 years.... As does the line I stole.

I know :rofl:

For the past 10 years or so that expression has come to mean a male homosexual prostitute of the very low variety that hangs around truck stops and rest areas. It's the male version of the expression "lot lizard" which is the female variety of the same sort of low life.

suzeeq
06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I figured it must be something like that when you said it'd changed.