PDA

View Full Version : Needlepointers out there? >>>

boo1
06-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I've got a bee in my bonnet to learn and there is a store here that teaches, basically for free. The owner told me that it always pays off because her students end up addicted! :)

Anyway, anyone know of any good websites, magazines, resources, etc. that I can take a gander at before I start learning (which will hopefully be next week)

Thanks in advance!

Ellieblue
06-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi Boo that would be me Needlepoint was my first addiction before knitting. You may find that it is kind of expensive (about $40 to $50 for a 16' pillow.) You are so lucky to have a store near you that sells supplies. My favorite place on line is Spin a yarn.com for yarn and Herricheners (sp) for 10 ct canvas. Personally, I don't like to work on printed canvas , you have to think too much. I prefer to use charts, but that's just me. :sun:

vaknitter
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
HMM - I too was addicted to needlepoint and cross stitch prior to knitting. I never really ordered much online....I was always lucky enough to live near supply stores. I agree pillows are the best and I do not care for printed canvas either. Its amazing how much people love handmade pillows - and of course colors are customized. I made a pillow for my MIL for christmas one year (she is a quilter and crocheter) and she was in tears !

PurlyGyrl
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Another former needlepointer here. I still love it (its very calming) but I just don't have time to do anything anymore. I will still occasionally do something in miniature for my dollhouses but that about it.

Ellieblue
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I just finished a pillow using KP Palette yarn on 12 ct canvas. Since it was sort of a geometric pattern and using only 5 colors, it turned out great. Now let's hope it holds up to wear.

snowbear
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
please post a pic... it sounds beautiful

Ellieblue
07-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry, Snowbear, I haven't figured out yet how to do that. I'll have to get my GS to show me how to post pics.

NikiB13
07-02-2008, 05:09 AM
By needlepoint do you mean embroidery? If so, I do embroidery. I make myself to school in the afternoon half an hour early so I can give myself some "me-time". I usually take either embroidery, knitting or crocheting with me otherwise I never seem to get the time at home.

I've been on a spending spree though just lately. I bid for a couple of items last week on ebay and won them.:woot: So now they are waiting to be done - I've just got to find the time.

Quiltlady
07-06-2008, 06:30 AM
I enjoy doing needlepoint very much. I use to do tons of counted cross stitch but now I find needlepoint is much easier on my old eyes. lol
You can find a big selection of needlepoint kits on EBAY. That is where I bought most of mine. Once in awhile I got a good deal but mostly the kits are pricey but worth it.