PDA

View Full Version : YAH!!! new stash on the way!

Jaxhil
07-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I am so excited!! I spent the last week or two enhancing my stash from several different sources :woohoo:Here's a list of my goodies!

I got a few black, red, and blue skeins of cheap acrylic to make Spiderman afghans for my two youngest boys; two skeins of Sugar-n-Cream Kitchen cottons (the large 3&4 oz skeins~both on sale!), 4 jumbo skeins of SnC cotton (the 12-14 ouncers, I think? to make the bath rug from Mason-Dixon Knitting); three balls of sock yarn, 4 balls of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, plus new sets of DPNs-5 sets of Inox Aluminums, a set of bamboo Crystal Palace, and a set of teeny tiny steel DPNs.

I also had bought a couple skeins of Kraemer ( I think) Tweed DK in fireside a couple weeks ago..I think that's what kicked it off! :think:

And since that apparently wasn't enough, DH ordered me a set of Harmony sock DPNs from Knit Picks!! Along with that (exciting) order will be two sets of extra long US 1 & 2 47" Harmonies ( I want to try Magic Loop!) and two skeins of their new yarn, Kettle Dyed Sock yarn in dark blue (gotta make that sweet hubby of mine some socks to thank him :mrgreen: :teehee:)

Oh, and a book too-150 Knitted Trims :inlove:

Yippee!! I think I've gone to knitting heaven ~ I am going to be very busy knitting that stash down (like I didn't already have a sizeable stash, lol) I can't believe I got all that!! Granted, it was down over several weeks-but usually I have a bit more self-control (HA! who am I kidding! lol)

Well I will have to now, I'm broke :p (but happy! lol)

Cynamar
07-01-2008, 08:16 AM
YAY!!! How exciting! Congratulations on your growing stash. Addictive, isn't it?

merryknitter
07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Hilary,
Are you knitting the Spiderman Afghan or crocheting...I think I saw a pix of it on Ravelry...so cute!
Enjoy your stash!
Merry :)

sue in canada
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Someone is going to be very busy.

Mulderknitter
07-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Woo hoo for you!
I've been trying to knit from stash for the last several months to get it down to a normal size for my usual garage/estate sale buys in the summer.
Those harmony sock dpns are fabulous! I love them!:yay:

Jaxhil
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Merry, I will be crocheting it-I discovered it on Ravelry (they're such enablers! lol) and one son is getting the black "web" with light gray webbing, and the younger will have the traditional red and blue w/ black trim. I'm using Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn".

Thanks Cyndi, Sue and Mulderknitter!! Yes its VERY addicting~so hard to stop once you start!! But I must~I see lots of stash busting coming in the months ahead!

I can't wait to try my Harmony DPNs, I'm glad to hear you like yours.

If you get some goodies at the garages sales, I hope you'll share your finds with us! I mean in words, you don't have to send it to us :teehee: ...unless you want to, of course :p LOL

kristaj
07-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I just got my Harmony DPN's in the mail today. :woot: Dying to start on a pair of socks, but can't until the two things I'm working on right now are finished as they are gifts that need to be ready soon. I think that the DPN's will be incentive to work on the gifts faster though.

Jaxhil
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
kristaj, I hoping to get mine today, too! I think it may be wishful thinking, I will probably have to wait at least a couple more days. Just as well, since I also already have a sock (first of a pair) on the needles and would love to finish them before starting another pair!

We shall see if I can hold out :teehee: