PDA

View Full Version : Warm Woolies Oddball Blankets

Ladylou
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Hello There Charity Knitters!:star:

I dont know how much ya'll know about Warm Woolies... Its a really great project that brings wool, hand-knit clothing to orphans and homeless children and babies around the world (Including really far away places, like Russia and Kazakstan). You can check out more and read the whole story at http://www.warmwoolies.org

The only acrylic item that the accept are baby blankets. I saw that the regular Oddball baby blankets have decided to to take a rest, and I thought that there might be an opening for the great charity knitters of knittinghelp.com to do just a few (I was thinking three? or more, of course:teehee: ) baby blankets for this really fantastic cause.

I'm not sure how much intrest there will be in this idea, but I would absolutely love to help Warm Woolies out in bringing these much-needed blankets to children in need.

Please post here if you're intrested!cloud9 :heart:

Love,
Lexie:muah:

kayrun
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I'll be happy to help out!
Sounds like a great idea!

Ladylou
07-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Hi There kayrun!

Thanks so much for posting:hug: I'll pm you right now:) So far its just the two of us, but its a fantastic start!

Here is our first blanket (knit by just me:teehee: ):

Baby Blue Sunshine

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/BabyBlueSunshineblanketforWW.jpg

Love,
Lexie

Okay, I got excited:teehee: Here is our new blogspot!:D:woohoo:

http://warmwooliesoddballbabyblankets.blogspot.com/

Its still in progress, but if there is anyone who wants to take a look, all the info is up!

gmmarton
07-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Lexie,

I've sent WarmWoolies lots of hats in the past...they're a very good organization. Please add me to your list of Oddball Baby Blanket knitters.

Thanks!:hug:

kellee0302
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I am willing to participate in this.

Ladylou
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi There ya'll!:muah:

Welcome to the project gmmarton and kelle0302! I'm so glad that ya'll have decided to join in:hug: I'll send you both pms:happydance:

I finished our blanket "Cuddle Bug Blue" this morning and will post pictures of it later today:) (it will also be on our blog at http://warmwooliesoddballbabyblankets.blogspot.com/)

Is there anyone who would like to volunteer for starting up our first group blanket or have ideas for cute names?:) We're going to be using doubled-up yarn since it is going somewhere so cold, so if you dont have yarn to use that much of, I can send you some!:knitting:

Hope ya'll are doing well!

Love,

Ladylou
07-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Here is the promised post of Cuddle Bug Blue. Dont you just love the name?:teehee: My mom thought of it.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/WWOBBCuddleBugBlue.jpg

Love,

Ladylou
07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi There Ya'll!:hug:

Give a big welcome to our newest member, LBECK!:woohoo:

Also, Gmmarton (Gail) has started our first group blanket!:yay: She named it "Flower Garden" and will have it done by Monday. I'll take a section so that makes two of the five done... Is anyone intrested in taking a section?:cheering:

I'm gonig to start a blanket tomorrow as well, so if anyone wants to sign up for both and jump on the train headfirst you wont get both blankets at once:teehee:

Go team Warm Woolies!:teehee:

Love,

Wyospinner
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I would love to help. Let me know how it works. Kay

Ladylou
07-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Ya'll!

Say hello to our newest member, Wyospinner:hug:

I've sent you a pm:)

Love,

kayrun
07-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Lexie,
Your blankies are just darling!
Love the names as well!
Can you put me on both blanket lists...can't take either of them right away, but after Aug.1st I can do either or both?
Karen G
in GA

Ladylou
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Ther!

Kayrun-I'll put you on different places on both blankets (if this is okay with you? If not its not set in stone:teehee: I pmed you back:) )- Thank you so very much!:heart: At this rate, we'll keep lots of babies warm in no time:heart:

Here are the openings left on our two blankets!:D (also on the WWOBB blog;) )

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden
Knitters:
1.Gmmarton-working on blanket
2.Ladylou
3. Kayrun
4. Open!!
5. Open!!

Lemon Zinger
1. Ladylou
2. Open!!
3. Open!!
4. Open!!
5. Kayrun

And also... I designed a button for those who like to use them:) Please let me know if ya'll want any changes;)

Love,

kellee0302
07-14-2008, 10:00 AM
You can add me to both of these whereever you need me.

gmmarton
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I am posting "Flower Garden" to Lexie this afternoon...this is the first of the Warm Woolies blanket.

gmmarton
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
"Flower Garden" was posted this afternoon to Lexie. Delivery Confirmation #: 0307 1790 0005 4925 7913. Thanks!

Ladylou
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey Everyone!:heart:

Kellee- Thank you!:heart: I will put you after me on blanket blanket number two and next to last on Flower Garden (if this is okay with you:) ) I was thinking about naming the second blanket Lemon Tart and use dessert-like colors? what do you think? and I loved seeing the button on your signature:teehee:

Gmmarton- Thank you so much!:hug: I'll be looking foward to seeing and working on it. It is really great to see an idea become reality that will keep babies warm:aww:

Does anyone else want to take a position on the blankets?:) We still have a few openings:hug:

Love,

onb4050
07-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Yes, I'd like to be a part of this too! Put me wherever you need me.

kayrun
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Ther!

Kayrun-I'll put you on different places on both blankets (if this is okay with you? If not its not set in stone:teehee: I pmed you back:) )- Thank you so very much!:heart: At this rate, we'll keep lots of babies warm in no time:heart:

Here are the openings left on our two blankets!:D (also on the WWOBB blog;) )

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden
Knitters:
1.Gmmarton-working on blanket
2.Ladylou
3. Kayrun
4. Open!!
5. Open!!

Lemon Zinger
1. Ladylou
2. Open!!
3. Open!!
4. Open!!
5. Kayrun

And also... I designed a button for those who like to use them:) Please let me know if ya'll want any changes;)

Love,

Lexie,
I can work on both of these where you've placed me....thanks!
Karen G.

Ladylou
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey Everyone!:hug:

Here is a fresh update from the blog!:woohoo: If any of this is incorrect please let me know... and if you want to sign up for any of them let me know as well! We're also on Ravelry now (type in warm woolies, and we'll pop up) if anyone wants to be on there as well:yay:

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden
1.Gmmarton-completed!:D
2.Ladylou - hunting the mailman
3. Kayrun
4. onb4050
5. Kellee0302

Lemon Zinger
1. Ladylou-working on blanket
2. MuvverDawn^
3. Kellee0302
4. Open!!
5. Kayrun

Peachy Dreams
1. LBECK-working on blanket
2. Open!!
3. Open!!
4. Open!!
5. Ladylou
Crochet Cuteness
1. lmorris^
2. Open!!
3. Ladylou
4. Open!!
5. Open!!

OUR MEMBERS:

Ladylou *^
Kayrun*
LBECK*
Wyospinner*
Kellee0302*
Gmmarton*
lmorris^
onb4050*
knittymuggins^
gloriaknitter^
MuvverDawn^

How cool how many members we already have!cloud9 But the more knitters-the warmer the babies!:D

Love,

kellee0302
07-16-2008, 07:45 AM
On Flower Garden, since I am the last knitter, do you want me to add the crochet border? I am more than willing to do it.

Ladylou
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Everyone!

Kellee- I would love it if you did!:cheering: All it will do is add to the beauty and warmness:teehee:

We have full slates on Flower Garden and Lemon Zinger!cloud9 Peachy Dream has one spot and Crocheted Cuteness has two. Please let me know if ya'll want to start another blanket or sign up for one of the open spaces... we're getting big fast!:woohoo: :woot: :happydance: Go Team Warm Woolies!

Love,

Ladylou
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM

Lemon Zinger was posted to MuvverDawn (Ravelry member) today!:woohoo: Also, Flower Garden arrived and is so stunning!:O thank you so much for the great gifts, Ms. Gail:hug: I'll post pictures as soon as I can find that cord....:teehee:

Love,

Ladylou
07-18-2008, 06:09 PM

For my third lonely post in a row (:teehee: ) I have pictures and updates of our blankets!:hug:

Here is Flower Garden (along with those afore mentioned lovely goodies)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/WarmwooliesFlowerGarden.jpg

And here is Lemon Zinger before I sent it to MuvverDawn yesterday!:woot:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/WarmWooliesLemonZinger.jpg

Love,

McKnitty
07-19-2008, 08:18 AM
So pretty! I'm really excited to be a part of this project!

Ladylou
07-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi There!

McKnitty-thank you so much!:hug: LBECK is working on peachy dreams right now... then its off to you! How exciting:teehee:

Also, we have only one space left on the crochet blanket! This means we have to start up another knitted blanket (YAY!:woot: :woohoo: :woot: ) Is there anyone that really wants to start one?:) Please post here if you are, and if no one is intrested, im sure I could start another one:teehee: :thumbsup:

Love,

Ladylou
07-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Hello Everyone!:hug:

I am happy and proud to say that all of our blankets are full!cloud9 :woot: So, I'm gonig to start up another blanket (or two) to send around. Here is the problem...

I am terrible at naming things:aww: I would love your advice and/or ideas on what color schemes are best and what names would go good with them!! I was thinking "Cherry Tree" with reds, light greens and soft tans?:aww: That is the best I can come up with, so enlighten me, oh amazing charity knitters!:notworthy:

Love,

Ladylou
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Hello Everyone!:)

Here is a fresh post from our blog:

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden
2.Ladylou - working on blanket
3. onb4050
4. Kayrun
5. Kellee0302

Lemon Zinger
1. Ladylou-completed!:D
2. MuvverDawn^ - hunting the mailman
3. Kellee0302
4. Knittymuggins
5. Kayrun

Peachy Dreams

2. McKnitty
3. onb4050
4. meggin^
5. Ladylou

Crochet Cuteness

1. lmorris^-working on blanket
2. Knittymuggins
3. Ladylou
4. meggin^
5. Open!!

Cherry Tree
1. Ladylou
2. Open!!
3. Open!!
4. Open!!
5. Open!!

I hope ya'll are doing well

Love,

McKnitty
07-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Just some suggestions:

Over the Rainbow - bright primary colors
Cotton Candy - soft primary colors
Blueberry Pie, or Sweet Dreams - shades of blue

I like Teddybear Picnic & Ladybug "Something" but I can't think of a color scheme right now. I haven't been following the other threads so I don't know if any of these names have already been used.

Ladylou
07-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi There McKnitty!:hug:

Ohhh I love all of those ideas!:notworthy: Since no one has signed up for "Cherry Tree" i think I'll change it to "Over the Rainbow" since we dont have a great bright one going like that (except for Lemon Zinger, but that is a little more toned down, i think). I LOVE all of the ideas!cloud9 Thank you:teehee:

Love,

Ladylou
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi There Everyone!:hug:

Okay, this is a VERY exciting day:heart: Tonight I'm going to the Warm Woolies headquarters to drop off our completed blankets!!!!:woohoo: :woot: :woohoo: I wasnt sure if I could do it this week since I havnt been feeling well, but I am feeling well enough!:heart: I promise to take pics of the volunteers for ya'll;)

Also- For all those knitters of Flower Garden (onb4050, Kayrun, and Kellee0302)... I really loved Gail's idea of stranding together two colors of Simply Soft:heart: I went ahead and bought a soft pink to do my section, along with two skiens of the cream color that she used. I'm going to include the cream yarn in the package, and if you'd like to use it (with whatever other color and yarn you choose:) ) please do! I think it would look fantastic to have the same color yarn all the way through. Please dont feel pushed to do so, but there is enough to go through the whole blanket:hug: Please let me know what you think of this idea:D

I hope you're all donig well!:cheering: Wish me luck tonight;)

Love,

tripletmomma
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
If there's room for one more on the crocheted blanket I'd be happy to take up that spot :D The biggest I've done knitting so far is a 3x10 swatch of practice knits & purls so I don't want to commit myself to too many things at once knit-wise ;)

Ladylou
07-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi tripletmomma!:heart:

You got the very last spot on the Crochet Blanket:teehee: Yay, another full slate!!:D Also, a few of the blankets will need crochet borders if you're ever intrested in doing that:hug:

Thank you so much!

Love,

Ladylou
07-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi There!:hug:

Flower Garden was sent to onb4050 today!:) Here is the delivery conformation number:

0306 0320 0003 6135 9528

Love,

Ladylou
07-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Everyone!

Say hello to our newest members, nostash2big, lyntintin, and tuxedo cat!:hug: here is a fresh update from our blog:

Knit By: Ladylou (Lexie)

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden - For all of the remaining knitters on this blanket... I really fell in love with what Gail did on Flower Garden, so I did the same color of cream in Caron SS (paired with pink to compliment the green that she did) and also included enough of the cream for every knitter to do the same (pair it with another color and knit with the two together:) ). Please dont feel pushed to do this at all, but I thought it was a fun idea!;)

2.Ladylou - working on blanket
3. onb4050
4. Kayrun
5. Kellee0302

Lemon Zinger
2. MuvverDawn^ - working on blanket
3. Kellee0302
4. Knittymuggins
5. Kayrun

Peachy Dreams
2. McKnitty
3. onb4050
4. meggin^
5. Lyntintin^

Crochet Cuteness
2. Knittymuggins
3. Ladylou
4. meggin^
5. tripletmomma

Over the Rainbow
1. Ladylou
2. nostash2big^
3. Lyntintin^
4. Open!!
5. Open!!

Isnt this great?;)

Love,

Ladylou
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey There Everyone!:heart:

I have a picture update!:woohoo: :woot:

Here is Flower Garden:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/WWFlowerGarden2.jpg

Here is Over the Rainbow: (it was sent out to Nostash2big today. Delivery conformation number: 0308 0730 0001 6137 5088)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/WWOBBOvertheRainbow.jpg

Tell me what you think:heart: ;)

Love,

McKnitty
07-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Both are beautiful, but I especially like how Flower Garden is turning out. The cream yarn really softens the colors. Over the Rainbow is going to be so bright and cheerful!

Ladylou
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone!:hug:

I'm completely in love with them as well... its so much fun to see a blanket that you've worked on grow!:teehee:

Love,

Ladylou
07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Hello Everyone!:hug:

onb4050 sent me a pm today saying that she safely received Flower Garden today!:inlove: Also, Life's A Beach is going along great... check out our newly updated blog if you get a chance!;):teehee:

Hope ya'll are doing well!

Love,

jdee
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I've been watching this thread almost since it started, wishing I didn't have so many UFO's and obligations. I'd really like to be part of something like this. If you're still doing this when I get a little more caught up, I'd like to join one.

Jennifer

Ladylou
08-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone!:heart:

Jdee-Thank you so much for your sweet post:hug: Please just join in whenever you take a special fancy to one of the blankets! I will keep the blog updated and such as long as you generous people want to knit, and so far we havnt slowed down for a minute!:teehee: We would love to have you whenever you decide... please dont feel pushed into anything!:thumbsup:

And here is a fresh post from the blog!:yay:

BLANKETS IN PROGRESS:

Flower Garden - For all of the remaining knitters on this blanket... I really fell in love with what Gail did on Flower Garden, so I did the same color of cream in Caron SS (paired with pink to compliment the green that she did) and also included enough of the cream for every knitter to do the same (pair it with another color and knit with the two together:) ). Please dont feel pushed to do this at all, but I thought it was a fun idea!;)

2.Ladylou - completed!:D
3. onb4050 - working on blanket
4. Kayrun
5. Kellee0302

Lemon Zinger
2. MuvverDawn^ - completed!:D
3. Kellee0302 - hunting the mailman
4. Knittymuggins
5. Kayrun

Peachy Dreams

2. McKnitty
3. onb4050
4. meggin^
5. Lyntintin^

Crochet Cuteness

2. Knittymuggins
3. Ladylou
4. meggin^
5. tripletmomma

Over the Rainbow- The ladies who are knitting on this blanket decided to make it a real-life rainbow blanket!:D I thought it was such a cute idea and since my section was already in red, how could I refuse?;) So now there are 6 knitters on this blanket instead of 5 to accomodate all of the colors:)

1.(red) Ladylou-completed!:D
2. (orange) nostash2big^- working on blanket
3. (yellow) Lyntintin^
4. (green) tuexdocat^
5. (blue) cocoaeyes^
6. (purple) MuvverDawn^

Life's a Beach

1. MuvverDawn ^
2. Lyntintin^
3. Ladylou
4. Open!
5. Open!

Squares

We are now also collecting 7x7 squares, following the same rules! If you like square knitting instead of oddball or are located (far) outside of the U.S. , please consider this option, as it helps just as much! 12 squares makes a blanket, so every square REALLY helps!:D

Love,

jdee
08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
What color scheme is "Life's A Beach" and would it be possible to get an Oct or Nov spot?

Ladylou
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi There!:heart:

Life's a Beach is sandy colors and ocean blues:) As for an exact date, its really hard to say. Every knitter is given 3 weeks to do their portion but many get it done much sooner than that. Because of the speediness of the great knitters, its kind of hard to say:teehee: However, I could put you in the last spot and then if it isnt that time-frame, we could just move you to another blanket so that it would be later:) Would this work for you or would you like to be put on a delayed-blanket (one that we'd start in say... September? Just an idea, and it might be a bad one, so let me know:teehee:;) )

Love,

jdee
08-04-2008, 01:35 AM
The last spot in Life's a Beach should be fine. I'd really like to work on one of these.

onb4050
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Flower garden will be ready to go out tomorrow. Thanks, Ladylou for the cotton yarn. I see a hat for the grandbaby with it!! If you can pm me the address today i will be able to send it tomorrow. I have the day off tomorrow so if i dont hear back within the half hour, I will send it on Wednesday.

Ladylou
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM

jdee- I've put you on the last spot of Life's a Beach. Thank you SO much!!:heart: :woohoo:

onb4050- The next knitter on the blanket (kayrun) has been pmed!:) Once she gives me the A-okay as to giving out her address, i'll pm you with it and we should be all set;) Thanks for getting it done so quickly... I bet its beautiful!:happydance: (And feel free to post pics if you get a chance:teehee: )

You both have been marked off on the blog:hug:

Love,

Ladylou
08-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

Okay... I wanted to let ya'll know...

I am going on Vacation!

If I dont answer promptly, thats where I dissappeared to;) We will be back Monday night and are leaving tomorrow morning. Keep those knitting needles moving... I'm not sure if i will be able to sign in, but if I am it will be from where we're headed;)

Love,

jdee
08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Enjoy your vacation!:muah:
I just wanted to let you know that I'm a little more caught up, and if it's still available, I can take the earilier spot on the blanket. Also, I wanted to know if the 7x7 squares are also supposed to be double stranded. I have tons of woolease remnants. Thanks.
Jennifer

Ladylou
08-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi There!

We're having so much fun!! Our hotel has free internet access so I'll be on a wee bit if ya'll need anything:thumbsup:

jdee-Yes, they can be double stranded worsted or pretty much just the thickness of woolease. That would be fantastic if you want to knit squares!!!:woohoo: cloud9 Please do-they're a great stash buster. I'm glad that you're more caught up:hug: Do you have a specific spot that you like?:)

Love,

jdee
08-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Do you have a specific spot that you like?:)
Any spot will be fine now. :thumbsup:

Ladylou
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone!

We're back from vacation!:D It was just lovely...

jdee- You're on Life's a Beach! Thank you so much:hug:

The blog is freshly updated, and (YAY!:teehee: ) I had a lot to do!;) Flower Garden, Over the Rainbow, and Life's a Beach have been sent off to their various knitters, and we have a picture of Over the Rainbow!:) Here it is so far:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/OvertheRainbow3.jpg

Isn't it pretty!?:notworthy:

Love,
Lexie

onb4050
08-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Flower Garden was sent out yesterday to Kayrun. The confirmation number is 0306 3030 0002 2328 8424

Ladylou
08-15-2008, 07:52 PM

Thank you so much onb4050! I'm sure she'll be excited to get it;) I also wanted to ask if the knitters after gmmarton and I have been using the one color stranded idea?

Love,

kayrun
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Flower Garden was sent out yesterday to Kayrun. The confirmation number is 0306 3030 0002 2328 8424

Woohoo!
I'll get my yarn ready!
Is there a paper included reminding me of the details?
(in case I have a brain cramp :)
Thanks,
KarenG

onb4050
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Yes, there is a sheet included to remind you of the details ;). Please post a pic if you can - I wasnt able to. Have fun and I hope the blanket is delivered to your door soon!!:thumbsup:

onb4050
08-19-2008, 11:44 AM

Thank you so much onb4050! I'm sure she'll be excited to get it;) I also wanted to ask if the knitters after gmmarton and I have been using the one color stranded idea?

Love,
Yes, I used the yarn you sent and paired it with caron ss in light blue. And I followed the same pattern. Sorry I didnt get a pic - maybe kayrun will post one - it looks really nice and is thick and warm!!

kayrun
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Yes, there is a sheet included to remind you of the details ;). Please post a pic if you can - I wasnt able to. Have fun and I hope the blanket is delivered to your door soon!!:thumbsup:

It got here!
Will try to post a pic later this week.
Karen G
in GA

Ladylou
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thats wonderful that you received it, Kayrun:hug:

I bet that it looks absolutely lovely, onb4050!!:)

Here is an updated picture of Over the Rainbow:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/OvertheRainbow4.jpg

Love,

kayrun
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi,
I'll be ready to send Flower Garden in a day or 2, so hope the next knitter is flexing those knitting fingers! LOL
Karen G
in GA

Ladylou
09-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Hi Kayrun!:)

I pmed you Kellee0302's address. Thank you so much for knitting on Flower Garden *hug*

All of the blankets are moving along great!:) Check the blog out to see all the new happenings;)

Love,

jdee
09-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I noticed on your blog, that "Violet Hills" has lots of open spaces. I'd like to be added to that one, if you don't mind.

Ladylou
09-04-2008, 02:11 PM
I noticed on your blog, that "Violet Hills" has lots of open spaces. I'd like to be added to that one, if you don't mind.
Hi jdee!

Oh, absolutely you can have a spot on Violet Hills!! :hug::woohoo: I put you in as #3... thank you so much!!

Also, if anyone wants to sign up for a blanket that is full but I am knitting on, always feel free to ask me to boot out;) Unless I already have the blanket its a plan!

Love,

kayrun
09-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Just a note that the Flower Garden blankie is on its way to the next knitter!
Should get there by Tues., maybe?
I have a DC# in the car if we need to track it next week.
I'm ready for the next one, whenever it may come!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Karen G
in GA

kellee0302
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I received Flower Garden yesterday.

kayrun
09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I received Flower Garden yesterday.

Glad it got there ok - - sorry that I forgot to take a pic before I mailed it!
It is really working up soft & WARM!
Karen G
in GA

Ladylou
09-13-2008, 03:13 AM

Yay, thats wodnerful!! You guys rock:teehee:

McKnitty, would you mind pming your address to LBECK? I still dont have my address book on me... I thought that I would have it with me yesterday but my plans kind of went awry. I'm SO sorry for the inconvience...:'( This hasn't gone very well, has it?:aww:

Love,

Ladylou
09-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Meggin over at ravelry has finished her section on Crochet Cuteness-I've pmed tripletmomma over here to ask for the okay:)

Also, we've got a new blanket! It is called "Snowflakes" and is ready to go to the next knitter if anyone is dying to knit right away:teehee:

Love,

Ladylou
09-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi Everyone!

We have not one, but two finished blankets to display!! They are simply stunning...check out the blog to see the knitters:)

Over the Rainbow:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/FinalOvertheRainbow.jpg

Flame:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/Lady_lou3/Flame1.jpg

Arent they absolutely fabulous!?!:cheering: :yay: cloud9 :heart: :grphug: Ya'll are amazing!

Love,

jdee
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
They're both beautiful!:heart:

kayrun
09-20-2008, 12:13 PM
WOWEEE, knitters!
those blankets are terrific!
I'm so impressed & excited to be part of this
work!
Karen G
in GA

kayrun
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Just reporting that I rec'd Lemon Zinger today, and from the little
peek I took in the pkg, it's looking great!
Thanks for the little gift that was sent my way by my predecessor :)
Looking fwd to working on this one....
Karen G
in GA

Ladylou
09-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Karen!:)

Thank you so much!! I will let Knittymuggins over at Ravelry know:)

Love,

tripletmomma
09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Crocheted cuteness arrived yesterday :) Thanks for the goodies!

Ladylou
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Everyone!:)

Tripletmomma-Hooray!:hug: I posted your message over on Ravelry so that meggin can see it:)

Also, we have a new blanket starting! "Holly" is the name, with two spaces left (5 and 6) with red and greens. Any takers?:woohoo:

Love,

kayrun
10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Ladylou,
Just checking to see if you got my PM this week?
Thanks,
Karen G
in GA

McKnitty
10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
FYI - Peachy Dreams has arrived safely, and she is a beauty! LBECK chose a lovely stitch pattern and the color is so pretty!

jdee
10-03-2008, 03:42 AM
just a short note to tell you that Violet Hills arrived safely today, and its beautiful so far. I hope I can do it justice.

kellee0302
10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Just checking to see if Flower Garden was received? It was sent out Monday by my DH.

Ladylou
10-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone!! :heart:

kayrun- I didn't get a pm from you:( I got yours today over at Ravelry and what you set up is just fine with me:)

McKnitty-I'm glad you like it!! I havn't seen pictures yet, but I'm sure its just lovely;)

jdee- I will let the ladies over at Ravelry know!:) Thank you!

kelle0302- Flower Garden arrived today!!:) Thank you for knitting on it :hug:

I hope everyone is doing well... this project is going along fantastically! If you go to the blog, there are pictures up of the volunteers receiving our first two finished blankets;) Pretty exciting!!!

Love,

jdee
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I've just completed my part of Violet Hills. This was so fun, and I'd like to participate more. I've noticed that Snowflakes and Holly both have spaces open. If you'd like, you can put me on both, unless someone else wants one of those spaces.

tripletmomma
10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Crocheted Cuteness is ready to mail out :cheering: Here's what it looks like so far (it's folded in half widthwise since I didn't want to put it on the floor that is covered with dog hair & I'm only so tall ;) )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/010.jpg

Ladylou
10-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi Everyone!:grphug:

Oh WOW!!!!!:woohoo: :woot: :woohoo: Those are absolutely beautiful...and are posted on the blog;)

Thank you SO much for all of ya'll hard work, this project wouldn't be possible without it. I'll cross post the pictures on Ravelry:)

jdee- Fabulous!!:hug: You've got both places;)

Love,

kayrun
10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Those blankets are just darling!

Lemon Zinger is off to NC, then I will add my part when
life is not quite so hectic....
Hopefully the next knitter will have it in hand
today or tomorrow, I think!
Karen G
in GA

jdee
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Hello, fellow Warm Woolie knitters

I just wanted to let you know that I've started a new blanket. I'm calling it "Jellybeans," so any bright color will work. I have three spaces open if anyone wants to join me.

jdee
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I now have just one more space open for Jellybeans. Any takers?

tripletmomma
10-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Crocheted cuteness is on it's way finally DC# 0308 1400 0001 2922 2729 between work & sick kiddos this was the 1st chance I've had to get to the PO.

McKnitty
10-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I finished my part of Peachy Dreams and it is on the way to the next knitter.

McKnitty
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Okay, I'm going to try this again. I tried to post a picture of Peachy Dreams, but it didn't show up. Then I tried 'submit a new thread' in What'cha Knitting and it worked. So here goes:

McKnitty
10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Okay, I'm going to try this again. I tried to post a picture of Peachy Dreams, but it didn't show up. Then I tried 'submit a new thread' in What'cha Knitting and it worked. So here goes:

Oh goodness, it worked! LBECK knit the first part and chose a very pretty color and a beautiful stitch pattern. I knit the next part in a darker shade and moss stitch.

BTW - I used Naturally Caron.com Country (75% acrylic, 25% merino wool) for the first time and I loved it! Very soft and lovely to knit with.

Ladylou
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone!:)

McKnitty- Oh its beautiful!! The picture has been posted on the blog:woohoo:

tripletmomma- this post is from Knittymuggins over at Ravelry:)

Hey there crocheters! I have just received Crochet Cuteness in the mail today :) What perfect timing, since I just finished Pretty In Pink and it’s going out tomorrow to tuxedocat! Lexie - If you could let the previous crocheter know that I received it and thank her so much for me for the hot chocolate , I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!!

I hope everyone is doing well and keep those knitting needles flying!:hug:

Love,
Lexie

ArtLady1981
10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi! :waving:

We love what you are doing! Thanks so much for participating in a charity blanket project! :thumbsup:

However, WARM WOOLIE.org has asked us to suspend use of their LOGO. They are very zealous about protecting and preserving their LOGO, so we have had to comply.

They expressed their gratitude for your interest in the WARM WOOLIES project, and they realize it's just a lack of knowledge about LOGO rights and restrictions. We just cannot use their LOGO at all, whether in its official version as seen on their website, and not as an altered version either.

Please continue your good work, knitters!
We appreciate your contribution to our Forum, and your charitable works! :heart:

Hugs,

Artlady
KH Moderator

Ladylou
11-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Everyone!

Artlady- I'm so sorry about the copyright violation!:( Thank you for removing all of the the inappropriate signatures. I will post another one for all you knitters soon:hug:

Okay! Guess what? Our going total over at Ravelry puts our progress at over 500 squares!!!! I could never have dreamed that there would be this explosive intrest in doing so...but because of this, we need seamers! The blankets consist of 36 7x7" squares. They should be double crocheted together and have a double crochet border. Are there any takers?cloud9 Thank you SO much to anyone who wants to help out with this end of the project!!!:heart:

Love,

ArtLady1981
11-08-2008, 03:17 AM
No problem Ladylou! The big shot from Warm Woolies who contacted us realizes that mis-used logos aren't 'on purpose'.
Most folks don't realize that permission has to be granted.

We at Knitting Help admire what you are doing in connection with this project! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: You are highly valued members of the knitting community and we are happy you are with us! :hug:

gmmarton
11-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Lexie,

Thanks for sending me back my Addi Turbo's. It was a nice surprise!

Congratulations on the completion of so many blankets. :yay:

Ladylou
11-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Hi gmmarton!:heart:

You requested them back when Flower Garden was all finished... I'm so glad they got to you safely! Thank you so much for letting us use such nice needles:notworthy:

Thank you for your help in this project!!

Love,

McKnitty
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I haven't seen any updates in a long time. Have all the blankets been finished? I worked on Peachy Dreams and would love to hear about it. This project had some beautiful blankets!