PDA

View Full Version : lift 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th sts over first st!

kyra
07-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Help please!

my pattern says to lift 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th sts over first st. Can anyone help me!

many thanks

kyra.

of troy
07-04-2008, 11:27 AM
its a form of a bobble..

you know you have done it right if you get a big lump of knitting.

(chances are at some point previously, you have increased (and make 1 stitch into 5 ) now, you are making 5 stitches into 1) and you do as the directions say, k1, then return it to left needle and than lift stitch 2 and pass it over stitch 1, then do the same with stiches 3, 4, and 5, (stitch 1 'strangled" by all the other stitches)
slide stitch 1 back to right needle and continue to work.

kyra
07-04-2008, 11:54 AM
okay so do I pass the stitches onto the left needle first then pull each one over the 1st st?

Still confused.. im passing the 7 sts over onto left needle then slipping the 4 sts over that but the pattern then repeats (yon, k5, lift 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th sts over the 1st st)

How do I keep dropping these sts over my 1st st?.. sorry if this is basic stuff!

thanks kyra.

MerigoldinWA
07-04-2008, 12:47 PM
This is not real basic stuff. I think we need to see the whole sequence of the pattern stitch in context, maybe over several rows even (how you got to where you are and where you are going with this) to be sure of what you are doing. You do this for a bobble, but I think there may be other applications as well.

Ingrid
07-05-2008, 07:37 PM
If you have to knit 5 first, you'll have the stitches on your right needle.

1 2 3 4 5

Lift 2,3,4,5 with your lift tip up and over 1 and off the needle. (like a psso)

lynn893
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
MB = k1, yo, k1, yo, k1.
now all your sts are on the right hand needle.
take the 2nd st on that needle and pass it over the first st (nearest to the needle point) on that needle.
now take what would have been the third st (but is really now the 2nd st) and pass it over the needle.
now, take what would have been the 4th (but is now [again] the 2nd) and pass it over the 1st.....

do you see?