PDA

View Full Version : I know I should know this answer to this....

ready2knit
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I can NEVER remember what it means when a pattern states "...ending with a WS row."
Does this mean I will have completed knitting the WS and am ready to knit the RS? OR, does it mean I have completed the RS and am ready to start the WS?

Also, can anyone suggest a way to remember this?

Thanks.

suzeeq
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Does this mean I will have completed knitting the WS and am ready to knit the RS?

Yes, that's the one. You're ending with the WS row, so you've just finished it.

ready2knit
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks Suzeeq! Now, if I could just figure out a way to remember this!

Moxiemade
07-04-2008, 06:49 PM
You're like me, I over-think it! LOL I do that all the time and just confuse myself more. :teehee:

suzeeq
07-04-2008, 06:59 PM
That one's pretty straight forward. It's the ones that say `with RS facing...' that I'm not sure about. When in doubt, look at what it says to do on the next row. Usually that gives you a clue as to whether the next row is to be a RS or WS row.

bip
07-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Lol, it's kind of like that movie Big Trouble where the bad guys get to the airport to escape to the Bahamas and when they see signs for "arrivals" and "departures" they aren't sure which way to go. The one says puzzled, "We're arriving, but we want to depart".

That's how I feel when I see the "end with WS" instruction. I always have to take a minute to gather my bearings and not overthink it too much :mrgreen: