PDA

View Full Version : Could this have been knit in the round?

cookworm
07-05-2008, 12:04 AM
This is Erika Knight's "Lacy Bonnet". I just finished it and had to seam it. Not very confident in my seaming skills, I wondered if this could have been knit in the round to avoid that seam.

tasknitter
07-05-2008, 06:12 AM
that is beautiful!! I can't see how it could be done in the round given that it's a bonnet, would have to see the pattern, but our super knitters will surely be up and about soon!
again, just lovely!:woohoo: :yay:

suzeeq
07-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Quite probably if the edges seamed up were up the back. You could try out another in the round, just join, but place a marker for the beginning of round and use it to mark where you begin the st pattern and decreases.

Jan in CA
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't it have to be steeked if you did that though? :think::??

suzeeq
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
It depends on the pattern and where the seam was.

mhansen
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Once I tried to knit a pattern in the round that was not supposed to be knit in the round. It did not come out. It looked really weird!! But good luck with it.

Ingrid
07-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I've made that hat a couple of times, and found that the seam was not really a big one, so it wasn't a huge problem. I don't know how you'd go about knitting it in the round, though.

Knitting_Guy
07-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't it have to be steeked if you did that though? :think::??

To knit a bonnet it would pretty much have to be I would think. Steeking seems like such a waste of yarn to me.

MAmaDawn
07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't know this pattern but I did make a bonnet that I started out flat and then joined in the round, altered one then I made one up and did the same thing. I don't like seaming either.

Do you think that's possible for this one Ingrid? (since you made it too)

Ingrid
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
If I were to attempt this one in the round, I think I'd make the star first and when that was big enough to fit the back of the head, I'd switch to back and forth for the rest.:think: