View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Shandeh
08-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Good luck with the kid adjustment!

HollyP
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
:waving:
Are there any other questions any one wants on the questionnaire? I've gone through the thread and gotten the ones already listed. I'm going to put it together today so last call for questions!
Thanks!!

misha rf
08-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Peektures!!

kellybigeyes, it's on it's way!!

MAmaDawn
08-11-2008, 10:04 PM
That looks WONDERFUL!

kellybigeyes
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Atlantic Waves looks great!! I am even more excited to get it now that I have seen it!! I can't wait!

HollyP
08-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Misha that looks beautiful!! Thanks for adding real stitch markers!!!! I couldn't find mine when I was working on it. Of course I found a whole bag of them today while putting away some laundry.

LBECK
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Atlantic Waves is georgous. Now, I can't wait to get my hands on it. :p

BTW: Thank you sooo much Kelly for the Tea, it smells devine, and the stitch markers, they are so special. One thing though, I have never used stitch markers that do not open up. I am not sure that I quite know how I would get them off of the work? That might take a video or someone showing me.:teehee:

MAmaDawn
08-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Lisa, I like to use those ones when I know I will be able to take them off in the middle of the work. Like these blankets, with Atlantic waves, If I were making a blanket like that I would put them on it and then take them off when I did the first row of the knit border. I'm doing the round pinwheel blanket (http://www.knitlist.com/00gift/round-baby-blanket.htm) now and I have little hair elastics as stitch markers and those I'll take off when I start the border.

Did you make the stitch markers Kelly? I've never tried that... Starting to think I might, just not sure I want to put my knitting down to do it... :teehee:

kellybigeyes
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Atlantic Waves is georgous. Now, I can't wait to get my hands on it. :p

BTW: Thank you sooo much Kelly for the Tea, it smells devine, and the stitch markers, they are so special. One thing though, I have never used stitch markers that do not open up. I am not sure that I quite know how I would get them off of the work? That might take a video or someone showing me.:teehee:

All you do it slide them on when you get to the space where you need them. I use them alot to help me remember to knit 3 stitches at the beginning and end of each row. For example... on the M&M blanket, after I had knitted the first 3 rows, I was ready to begin my pattern stitch. So on the 4th row... I knit 3 stitches, slipped a marker on the right needle, knitted my pattern up to the last 3 stitches, slipped another marker on the right needle, then I knit the last 3 stitches. Then on the next row, I knit 3 stitches, moved the marker from the left needle to the right needle, knit my stitch pattern, moved the marker from the left needle to the right needle and knit the last 3 stitches. The only thing to remember is.... when you are knitting your LAST row... after you knit the first 3 stitches, TAKE OFF the marker (don't just move it)... then after you knit your pattern, take off the last one before you knit the last 3 stitches. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Did you make the stitch markers Kelly? I've never tried that... Starting to think I might, just not sure I want to put my knitting down to do it... :teehee:

Yes, I made the stitch markers. Here (http://imlovingmotherhood.blogspot.com/2008/07/salt-water-taffy.html) is a link to a post that I made on my blog. There is a picture of the markers. And here (http://www.wormspit.com/stitchmarkers.htm) is the webpage that I used to learn how to make them. It only take about 10 minutes to put together 4 or 5. It is really fast!! So... if you can put down your knitting long enough to get the hang of making them...it will be well worth it. :teehee: Because you can make them in no time flat!! :roflhard: It is a little tricky at first and you may have to start over a few times, but you will get the hang of it. If you decide to try and have any questions just let me know.

HollyP
08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Kelly thanks for sharing the tutorial! I have a ton of beads from another project. I might just have to try making stitch markers.

kellybigeyes
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello Everyone!! I am trying to gather some patterns for a blanket, that we "might" do a little later. I would like your opinion. Tell me what look you like better...

Letters in Stockinette Stitch and the Background in Garter Stitch like this (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Patty7737/alphabet-letters).

OR

Letters in Garter Stitch and the Background in Stockinette Stitch like this (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/C_cloth.html).

Pay no attention to the font of the letter, just look at the stitch pattern. Let me know what you think looks best, #1 or #2.

Thanks

HollyP
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I like #2 better. The letter seems to be easier to read in garter st.

blkirback
08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
I also like number 2 better.

MAmaDawn
08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I actually like #1 better, but I like both.

LBECK
08-13-2008, 07:39 AM
I like them both very much. But I would have to say probably #1 better.

MAmaDawn, M&M is done and I will be sending it out tomorrow or Friday which ever day I can get it packed up and bring with me to work. I send from work because it is easier for me.

LBECK
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
MAmaDawn and HollyP,
I will be working a lot of overtime during Sept and Oct so please only put me on 1 or 2 blankets more as I will still be knitting away but don't want to overload myself. A lady at my work is having surgery and the rest of us only 5 must carry her workload for about 6 weeks or so. She is an older lady so it may take longer or not as long as we think.

I will certainly let you know when I am in full swing again.

I will be able to stay on the ones that I am on now I think unless they all come at one time. Then it may take me a little longer to get them out. Or I can forward them on. I will try to let you know if I won't be able to work on them.

If you want me to start the Chocolate Mint just let me know I will try to do it ahead of time before the OT starts. However, I will need a set of needles if you have extras because mine are all gone or in use.

I will let you know if I am able to do more as the time goes on.

HollyP
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lisa! I'm not sure of the plan for starting new blankets yet. If it is a go I have still have needles so if you pm me your address I can send you a set.

kellybigeyes
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
misha rf.... Atlantic Waves arrived today!! Thanks so much for the yarn! I can't wait to try it out.

Holly... I have a question. LBECK was not ready for Atlantic Waves, therefore, misha rf sent it on to me. I see that we have certain rows that we are to start on... I just wanted to make sure of what I am supposed to do. It is my understanding that LBECK and myself are just switching places. Considering that she and I are supposed to start on the same row... I just wanted to make sure that I am to start on Row 2. Let me know if this is right...

Thanks so much

kellybigeyes
08-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Another question for Holly...

I was just reading over the pattern... and I just wanted to clarify something...

Am I supposed to do the "slip 1" knitwise? I have the understanding that unless the pattern says different to always slip a stitch purlwise, but I watched the video for the "S1, K!,psso" and the stitch was being slipped knitwise. I just wanted to make sure that was right.

I have never done a pattern like this before and I just wanted to make sure. I will probably get started tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks again.

HollyP
08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Kelly- yep you'll start with row two.
I slipped purl wise on my section. I'm not sure what Misha did on her section. That is the way I always slip unless told otherwise. Except for the slipping it will be exactly the same as the video. Have fun with Atlantic waves!!

HollyP
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Here's the questionnaire!
Southeast Oddball Knittersí Questionnaire

What is you favorite fiber?

What fibers do you not like?

Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related?

Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc)

What weight yarn do you prefer?

Is there a weight yarn you don't like?

What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc)

What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use?

What non-knitting things do you like?

Favorite scent?

Favorite color?

Favorite flavor?

Do you collect anything?

Anything else you like that is not listed here?

kellybigeyes
08-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Holly... do we need to fill out the questionaire and send it to you or MamaDawn? Or do we need to fill it out here for everyone to see?

Shandeh
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM

What is your favorite fiber? - Anything SOFT
What fibers do you not like? - Llama (allergic), Cotton (unless it's really soft), anything rough.
Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? - I'm allergic to all furry or feathered animals. I'm also allergic to most lotions, scented soaps, and colognes.
Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) - I don't like most novelty yarns (ribbon, eyelash). I also don't like rough-feeling yarns.
What weight yarn do you prefer? - Any weight is fine with me.
Is there a weight yarn you don't like? - Nope
What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) - All of the above, but smaller projects are best. My arthritis makes it hard to hold the larger projects.
What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? - I mostly use circular needles or dpns, row counters, tapestry needles, and tape measures. I occasionally use cable needles. I have about 6 knitting bags, and could probably use 6 more! :teehee: I don't use stitch markers, and I don't like bamboo or wooden needles.
What non-knitting things do you like? - I like reading craft, home and entertainment magazines, even if they are old. I like to light candles all over the house. I like nice hair barrettes, beaded necklaces, and vintage broaches.
Favorite scent? - Rose, Lavender, Honeysuckle, and my just-showered hubby in the morning. :teehee:
Favorite color? - Yellow, Coral, Teal, Brown
Favorite flavor? - Cinnamon, Hazelnut, Almond, Dark Chocolate, Coffee
Do you collect anything? - pretty wooden boxes, ViewMaster reels (travel & nature), carnival glass (amber or marigold), Fire King glass (peach lustre), Charming Tails figurines, vintage knitting needles & books & kits, embroidery and candlewicking kits, very old books, old sheet music, and music boxes.
Anything else you like that is not listed here? - I like to read classic literature. I enjoy watching documentaries of any kind, travel videos, and tours that show how things are made. I'm a space nut - anything about NASA fascinates me. I enjoy sewing and crewel embroidery, and I'm learning how to spin and weave. I want to learn to draw and paint and sculpt one day. I love to go to museums.

blkirback
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM

1. What is you favorite fiber? Anything that is really soft.

2. What fibers do you not like? I donít like anything that is rough.

3. Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? Perfume and colongs, most lotions, most laundry soaps, anything really that is scented.

4. Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) UmmmÖ. I havenít really tried that many so I donít know.

5. What weight yarn do you prefer? Any.

6. Is there a weight yarn you don't like? I donít think so.

7. What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) Whatever happens to hit me as something to do. I like scarves and baby blankets, and I just started doing wash cloths. I have been trying socks but Iím still working on likeing them.

8. What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? My wooden needles, I love them. I donít really have a lot of anything else. I have some dpnís and some circs but thatís it really.

9. What non-knitting things do you like? Golfing with my dad when Iím in Michigan (and itís not snowing), I love to read novels, I like painting ceramics also, and coloring :yay: !

10. Favorite scent? Well, I like apple, vanilla, rose, and lilac. Any of them have to be a VERY weak scent in order for me to be around them though.

11. Favorite color? Pink black, white, pink, teal, greeen, blue, pink, purple, orange, did I mention pink;) .

12. Favorite flavor? Vanilla, starwberry, tangerine, coffee, mocha, irish cream, hazlenut, I could list a million things here except chochalte (Iím not a big fan of it).

13. Do you collect anything? Shot glasses from all over. I think I would like to collect some more knitting stuff. I collect shoes, I love shoes:woot: !

14. Anything else you like that is not listed here? :?? :shrug: I canít think of anythingÖ.

Moxiemade
08-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I just wanted to put a quick note to let you all know that cookies N cream has arrived alive and beautiful. I've had it for a couple days, but it's been so hectic that I keep forgetting to update. I bought some yarn and plan to knit on it tonight with a movie. Thank you Lisa for the wonderful lotion. The smell is heavenly. Thank you, thank you!

HollyP
08-14-2008, 01:13 AM
What is you favorite fiber? Anything soft
What fibers do you not like? Anything rough
Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? Kiwi
Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) Not a huge fan of most novelty yarns. Occasionally I find one I like but it is rare.
What weight yarn do you prefer? Any
Is there a weight yarn you don't like? Nope!
What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) You name it I knit it! I just love to knit.
What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? I’m not a huge knitting gadget girl. I think I could be, I am in other aspects of my life ( you do not want to see my bathroom cabinets stuffed full of products and gadgets to help my skin and hair!) I mostly use my tape measure, magnetic board to hold patterns and a pad of paper and pencil
What non-knitting things do you like? I love reading. I’ve recently gotten more into gardening. I love home decorating. I am always searching flea markets and thrift store for cute things for my house. I love my dog and 2 cats.
Favorite scent? Clean scents (fresh laundry, the ocean, babies), roses, lemon, coffee brewing on morning when I am dragging.
Favorite color?blues, purples, greens, and neutrals I can’t choose just one!
Favorite flavor?Chocolate, coffee, caramel, mint

Do you collect anything? Turtles, angels, and vintage glass bottles
Anything else you like that is not listed here? I can’t think of anything right now.

MAmaDawn
08-14-2008, 06:58 AM
MAmaDawn and HollyP,
I will be working a lot of overtime during Sept and Oct so please only put me on 1 or 2 blankets more as I will still be knitting away but don't want to overload myself. A lady at my work is having surgery and the rest of us only 5 must carry her workload for about 6 weeks or so. She is an older lady so it may take longer or not as long as we think.

I will certainly let you know when I am in full swing again.

I will be able to stay on the ones that I am on now I think unless they all come at one time. Then it may take me a little longer to get them out. Or I can forward them on. I will try to let you know if I won't be able to work on them.

If you want me to start the Chocolate Mint just let me know I will try to do it ahead of time before the OT starts. However, I will need a set of needles if you have extras because mine are all gone or in use.

I will let you know if I am able to do more as the time goes on.

That won't be a problem at all. I wasn't thinking of starting any yet, just wanted to set some up... but you can cast on for it, that would be great.

Sorry I stopped with the, life got a little crazy...

I got a lot of needles off ebay so in addition to what I already had and what Shandeh set me we have a LOT!

I did finish Autumn Leaves, so that will be going out by this weekend.

And I was thinking of I would start Jelly Bellies when this round starts to come to an end. I can cast on more the one, are there certain ones you all would like to do?

It can be any one, not just the ones I listed before, those were just some that everyone came up with.

MAmaDawn
08-14-2008, 07:21 AM
What is you favorite fiber? I like anything soft, but alpaca is my favorite (and alpaca blends)
What fibers do you not like? anything that's not soft
Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? peaches, perfumey smells, things like frebreeze, Lysol
Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) Novelty yarns except ribbon yarn, it's ok
What weight yarn do you prefer? Worsted or finer
Is there a weight yarn you don't like? Bulky and Super bulky are ok, just prefer finer weight
What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) Pretty much anything, I love doing socks and I've started doing shawls and l like them a lot too, I have not knitted a sweater, but if it has lace, or cables, or is in the round I usually like it. Don't like seaming a lot...

What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? I don't like yarn bobbins (I have some if anyone else does like them), I love stitch markers, I don't use the clickey row counters, but I do use the ones that hang from your needle. Don't use point protectors or the things that keep the work on the needle for my stuff, I don't use straight needles at all (I have some of those too if anyone wants them)
What non-knitting things do you like? With 3 kids, sleep is good, really good, free babysitting is too... :teehee: I just started making stitch markers and I like that, reading, love Dr Who, and fantasy type movies (like Narnia, Eragon, Princess Bride), board games and card games, and cooking and anything biology related
Favorite scent? food type scents, have a candle now that smells like Creme Brulee, coffee, vanilla
Favorite color? Red, then purple
Favorite flavor? depends on what it is... but mostly vanilla, love cake batter Ice cream
Do you collect anything? little knick knacks, like the miniture tea sets, and little animals, cows, recipe books
Anything else you like that is not listed here? oh I like working on cars, forgot to say that, I don't get to do it much anymore, but one day I would love to buy an old 50's or 60 car or truck and completely restore it

kellybigeyes
08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
What is you favorite fiber? I haven't been knitting long enough to have a favorite. Anything soft I guess.

What fibers do you not like? Anything rough

Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? No

Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) Not that I know of
What weight yarn do you prefer? I guess worsted or less... I haven't used any Bulky yet

Is there a weight yarn you don't like? I'm not sure

What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) I guess I would have to say dishcloths, scarves and blankets. I have knit one hat before and it wasn't too bad. Socks and any other garments scare me. :oo:

What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? I love using stitch markers. I use them even to remind me to do a 3 stitch border. I use them any chance I get. I have been making my own for about 4 months now. I love it!! I mostly use a notepad and pen to keep track of my rows. I have never used a real row counter. I have never used a cable needle, dpn's, or wooden needles. I would love to have a ball winder one day.

What non-knitting things do you like? I love to cook and bake. I love to try to new recipes. For the past month or so, I have been menu planning, and I love it. You can visit my blog (http://imlovingmotherhood.blogspot.com/) to check it out. I am getting more into reading these days. It has to be non-fiction. I love reading true stories. And of course, I love playing with my 15 month old daughter. :heart: :inlove: I love candles also.

Favorite scent? Love Spell from Victoria Secret. My sweet baby girl after she has had a bath (Johnson & Johnson Lotion) I love the smell of lavender and honeysuckle. Cinnamon I DO NOT like vanilla.

Favorite color? Purple, pink, yellow, and black

Favorite flavor? I love lemon. Chocolate, strawberry, caramel.... I DO NOT like coffee or anything that tastes like coffee. I always say, "I'm too young to drink coffee!" :teehee: I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!!

Do you collect anything? I collect crosses, Willow Tree Angels, cookbooks. I have been collecting more beads now that I am making stitch markers.

Anything else you like that is not listed here? I love to go the mountains in East TN. I don't like the beach.

Moxiemade
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
What is you favorite fiber? Anything really. I haven't knitted very long to know too much what is out there.

What fibers do you not like? Painfully rough fibers.

Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? no allergies

Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) So far I've liked everything I've knitted with.

What weight yarn do you prefer? I don't have a preference, but lately I've been leaning more towards fingering and lace weight to learn socks and more delicate patterns.

Is there a weight yarn you don't like? Nope

What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) Anything, but haven't ventured into clothing besides learning socks. I've mostly done blankets, washcloths, and toys.

What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? I love stitch markers. I use a lot of darning needles. I've also never used dpn's or cable needles yet. Not like or not use? So far none.

What non-knitting things do you like? I'm so easy-going. I can't think of anything I'd not like.

Favorite scent? I love fruity smells. Also anything lavender, anything fresh like vanilla.

Favorite color? blues and purples

Favorite flavor? I love pretty much any flavors. Not as big on spicy though.

Do you collect anything? Just magnets here and there.

HollyP
08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey all! I've started to transfer the answers to the questionnaire to our blog. I'll finish it later tonight. I am going to try to mow the jungle that is my back yard:teehee: before it gets too dark.

Howdovely
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
is there a url for the SE Oddball logo picture button thingy for my signature? (Like my ravelry one?)

I tried to save it to my computer to insert it as an image, but when I click on 'insert image' it asks for a url.

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before, but sadly, I don't really know how to search in the forums!

Thank you!!

Shandeh
08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
9. What non-knitting things do you like? I like painting ceramics also, and coloring :yay: !
Ooo...I love to color too! I loved it when my boys were little, and we would sit on the floor and color together. cloud9
What non-knitting things do you like? I am always searching flea markets and thrift store for cute things for my house.
Favorite scent? Clean scents (fresh laundry, the ocean, babies).
Holly, I love thrift stores too! I could lose an entire day looking in one shop....especially in the old books section.
And I LOVE your favorite scents! So lovely! :heart:
What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? I don't like yarn bobbins (I have some if anyone else does like them)...........Don't use point protectors or the things that keep the work on the needle for my stuff, I don't use straight needles at all (I have some of those too if anyone wants them)
Anything else you like that is not listed here? oh I like working on cars, forgot to say that, I don't get to do it much anymore, but one day I would love to buy an old 50's or 60 car or truck and completely restore it.
I love how you're farming out those things you don't want. Smart!! :wink:
And I think it's SO COOL that you work on cars! :thumbsup:
is there a url for the SE Oddball logo picture button thingy for my signature? (Like my ravelry one?) I tried to save it to my computer to insert it as an image, but when I click on 'insert image' it asks for a url.
Brenda, there are instructions in the forum on how to post photos (see the link in my signature below). You can use those same instructions when putting photos or links in your signature. You can add a small image from your computer if you click the paperclip icon. Good luck!

Howdovely
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Brenda, there are instructions in the forum on how to post photos (see the link in my signature below). You can use those same instructions when putting photos or links in your signature. You can add a small image from your computer if you click the paperclip icon. Good luck!

Oh, geez - duh! The paperclip!!!!!!!!

HollyP
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Brenda- you can find the buttons on this post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1130329&postcount=73) . You just have to pick your favorite and follow Shandeh's instructions!

Shandeh
08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
:wink:

MAmaDawn
08-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I love how you're farming out those things you don't want. Smart!! :wink:
And I think it's SO COOL that you work on cars! :thumbsup:

Thank you! It's either find someone that wants them or throw them away... and I'd rather give them to someone that can use them... ;)

HollyP
08-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Our blog (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/) is up to date with the questionnaires! I'll keep adding them as they come in.

I loved reading all of them. I feel like I know you all just that much more.:hug: Maybe I should have mentioned I am a bit nosy at times!:teehee:

MAmaDawn
08-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Thank you so much Holly! I added the link on the side so even when that post ends up way down we can get to it easily.

Howdovely
08-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Just a quick note to say that since I've moved, I now can make time for some knitting. If you have any openings, or if any new blankets need knitters later, put me on one. I think starting with just one for now should be fine.

Thanks! I'll have to check out the blog to see what's going on.

MAmaDawn
08-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Just a quick note to say that since I've moved, I now can make time for some knitting. If you have any openings, or if any new blankets need knitters later, put me on one. I think starting with just one for now should be fine.

Thanks! I'll have to check out the blog to see what's going on.

I have you down as the next knitter for the next blanket I'm starting, Jelly Bellies, just need 4 more now, and a border

MAmaDawn
08-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Forgot 2 things....

Lisa, you can start Chocolate Mint whenever you want... (Holly you are sending her needles, right, I have plenty if I need to send one)

And holly did you get the jungle mowed? :teehee:

HollyP
08-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I'd be happy to do the border for jelly bellies! Love the name sounds like a fun one!

I can send Lisa needles. I just need her address. Thanks!

I conquered my jungle:teehee:! I really should have mowed before I went out of town but... So I had to deal with 2-3 weeks of growth which wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't rained so much. I had grass half way to my knee! Thankfully no one can see it. Our backyard is pretty private due to trees and fences.

MAmaDawn
08-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Ours has gotten like that before too...

I can send her needles.. I have at least 8 sets with what Shandeh sent me and what I got on ebay and I have other stuff that needs to be sent anyway.

I have you for the border, did you want to just do the border or the last knit section too? If you just want to do the border that's fine. I like the name cuz they are so tasty! YUM! I love to mix different ones together...

kellybigeyes
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
MAmaDawn... I would love to knit on Jelly Bellies if there is a spot that still needs to be filled. Just let me know.

Shandeh
08-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Just a quick note to say that since I've moved, I now can make time for some knitting.
Yay! Send me a private message, and tell me all about your new place! :woohoo:

HollyP
08-17-2008, 01:03 AM
I can send her needles.. I have at least 8 sets with what Shandeh sent me and what I got on ebay and I have other stuff that needs to be sent anyway.

I have you for the border, did you want to just do the border or the last knit section too? If you just want to do the border that's fine. I like the name cuz they are so tasty! YUM! I love to mix different ones together...
If you want to send the needles that is fine with me.
I thought I would volunteer for the border and give other knitters a chance but I can knit the last section if needed. Just let me know!

MAmaDawn
08-17-2008, 07:27 AM
OK I'll leave it open for now and add you later if I need to.

I was just thinking for you to keep the needles you have so you can start ones when you want to. I have a BUNCH!

I'll get that and Autumn leaves out (have other stuff too...) And Butterfly kisses came... it's beautiful! I'm looking forward to knitting on it. And that was a good idea to put the papers in a plastic sheet cover!

HollyP
08-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Sounds good!:thumbsup:

Moxiemade
08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Cookies N Cream is ready for the next knitter. Mishrf are you ready?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/2774631567_70a2b34771.jpg?v=0

MAmaDawn
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Cookies and Cream looks GREAT! I'm looking forward to knitting on it later...

I updated the blog with pictures. Boy Sandy, you did an awesome job with keeping it up with all of those blankets

And Holly, remember how I was having trouble with the blog, well I DID figure out what I was doing wrong, I had it on edit HTML instead of compose... :doh: With most things I'm usually pretty good on a computer... but blogger seems to give me more trouble than most other things.

Got them up though and it was much easier after I changed to compose.... :teehee:

kellybigeyes
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Dawn... I just wanted to see if you have added me to the Jelly Bellies Blanket? I looked for it on the blog and didn't see it.

Thanks

kellybigeyes
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Cookies and Cream looks wonderful!!!:cheering:

MAmaDawn
08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Yup I have you on it Kelly, I'm not adding them to the blog yet because I'm waiting to here back from knitters at Rav...

We have Jelly Bellies and Chocolate Mint, what others would you all like to be in the next round?

Moxiemade
08-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Thank you for updating the blog, Dawn. It looks fantastic.

I just have to say that your choices in blankets are making me very hungry. Where are those girl scouts when you need them?

Shandeh
08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I updated the blog with pictures. Boy Sandy, you did an awesome job with keeping it up with all of those blankets
Thank you! cloud9
It was a HUGE job, and there were many times I was not able to stay on top of it. Especially when we had so many blankets going! :shock:

I REALLY appreciate the way you (and everyone here) are getting so much accomplished with the SE Region! :heart: :muah: :heart:

Howdovely
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Cookies N Cream is ready for the next knitter. Mishrf are you ready?
cookies n cream looks delicious!

misha rf
08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Cookies N Cream looks tasty!! Send it on!! :rofl:

Thank you!

Moxiemade
08-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Misha, if you just pm me your address I'll get it out to you tomorrow. Thanks! :)

LBECK
08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
M&M's is on its way to you Dawn. The confirmation number is 03080070000113869318.

I will start Chocolate Mint as soon as needles get to me. Did you and HollyP ever decide who is going to send them? :rofl:

Cookies and cream looks delicious. Just wish I had some.:woot:

MAmaDawn
08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Thank you Lisa, and I'm sending you the needles, they are being picked up today so you should be getting them this week...

MAmaDawn
08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I was looking at the list of blanket ideas... was thinking about doing these, what do you all think?

We have Jelly Bellies and Chocolate Mint Planned. How about Blue Sky, and a red, white, and blue one (I was thinking we cold have it done in time for Veteran's Day).

Thoughts? Should we just stick with 4 at once for now? I was thinking that everyone maybe starting on holiday knitting so I don't want to have too much going.

HollyP
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I can start the red, white, and blue one. I have some all three colors in SS. I also have a ton of sky blue SS I was going to use for a baby blanket for a baby that ended up being a girl:teehee:. Let me know what you decide.

Dawn I'm so glad you figured out the blog!! It looks great!

Cookies and creme looks delicious!

kellybigeyes
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I am about 5 rows or so from having my part of Atlantic Waves completed. According to the blog, Kayrun is next. If she or MAmaDawn will PM me her address I will get in the mail soon. I have to go out of town tomorrow (just for the day). I can try to drop it off at the PO in the morning on my way out of town... if not, I will get it mailed Thursday.

Thanks

Shandeh
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Should we just stick with 4 at once for now? I was thinking that everyone maybe starting on holiday knitting so I don't want to have too much going.
Good plan! :thumbsup:
I don't want you to overload yourself. :hug:

MAmaDawn
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I can start the red, white, and blue one. I have some all three colors in SS. I also have a ton of sky blue SS I was going to use for a baby blanket for a baby that ended up being a girl:teehee:. Let me know what you decide.

Sure you can start which ever ones you want to... that's great!

I am about 5 rows or so from having my part of Atlantic Waves completed. According to the blog, Kayrun is next. If she or MAmaDawn will PM me her address I will get in the mail soon. I have to go out of town tomorrow (just for the day). I can try to drop it off at the PO in the morning on my way out of town... if not, I will get it mailed Thursday.

Thanks

I'll check and make sure she's ready for it.

HollyP
08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I think I will start the Red, White, and Blue one. I'm feeling very patriotic right now with the Olympics going on. I'll be sad when they are over!
I guess I need 5 more knitters for this one! Any takers?? Thanks!

kellybigeyes
08-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Holly...I just wanted to let you know that I would love to work on the red, white, and blue one. Does it have a name yet? Here a couple ideas: America the Beautiful, Stars and Stripes. Is there going to be a certain pattern or certain people doing certain colors? Will we be using the same brand/color of yarns (like the Red Roses blanket)? Just curious.

HollyP
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Kelly. I don't think it will have a set pattern or type of yarn. Or even a set who does what color. As long as it is red white and blue it will be great!
I'm starting it tonight. I'll be using all three color and we can see from there what we think. As for names those are great suggestions! I was really thinking of calling it Go USA! In honor of the Olympics, if that is OK with everyone.

kellybigeyes
08-19-2008, 10:41 PM
That sounds great!! I love the name!

Shandeh
08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Add me to the list for the "Go USA" blanket! :thumbsup:

MAmaDawn
08-20-2008, 07:09 AM
I think I will start the Red, White, and Blue one. I'm feeling very patriotic right now with the Olympics going on. I'll be sad when they are over!
I guess I need 5 more knitters for this one! Any takers?? Thanks!

That's wonderful! Thank you!

Hey Holly...I just wanted to let you know that I would love to work on the red, white, and blue one. Does it have a name yet? Here a couple ideas: America the Beautiful, Stars and Stripes. Is there going to be a certain pattern or certain people doing certain colors? Will we be using the same brand/color of yarns (like the Red Roses blanket)? Just curious.

Add me to the list for the "Go USA" blanket! :thumbsup:

Thank you both!

So we need 3 more knitters for Go USA! And someone to crochet a border
We need 3 more for Jelly Bellies.
And 4 more for Chocolate Mint and a border.

LBECK
08-20-2008, 07:14 AM
I would love to work on the GO USA if you can get me in last that would be great and I would also do your border.

MAmaDawn
08-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Thank you Lisa! I have you down as the last knitter and for the border.

Howdovely
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM
As for names those are great suggestions! I was really thinking of calling it Go USA! In honor of the Olympics, if that is OK with everyone.

If it's in honor of the Olympics, why don't we do it in the colors of the rings in the symbol? Blue, Black, Red, Yellow, Green.

Just a thought.

blkirback
08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
That's wonderful! Thank you!

Thank you both!

So we need 3 more knitters for Go USA! And someone to crochet a border
We need 3 more for Jelly Bellies.
And 4 more for Chocolate Mint and a border.

You can add me to Chocolate Mint.

HollyP
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks everyone who signed up for Go USA!:hug: We only need 2 more knitters!! I didn't cast on last night. I was involved in a death match for Wii bowling supremacy. Did I mention I was competitive?:teehee: I'll cast on today.

Dawn add me to the end/border of any of the blankets you need to!

Moxiemade
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
You can add me to Jelly Bellies if you want. I have a pretty heavy schedule the next few weeks so I'll wait to sign up for any more. Thanks!

HollyP
08-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Autumn Leaves made it here safe and sound today! It's really pretty Dawn!! I love the horizontal stripes! The point protector is cool too , I've never seen one like that.

MAmaDawn
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Thank you! I tried like 3 different stitches before that and the variegated yarn just wasn't showing the patterns so I went with something simple. Glad you like it... the needle holder thingy I got from one of the other blankets that I finished.

I've added everyone to the blankets that you wanted to knit on...

Brenda, the Go USA is going to be red white and blue, but I like the idea of having a rings blanket, do you want to make that the 4th one in this group instead of Blue Sky? Would you like to start it?

misha rf
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
For the new blankets, you can add me wherever you need me, if you need me. Just not for the borders. :teehee:

Howdovely
08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Brenda, the Go USA is going to be red white and blue, but I like the idea of having a rings blanket, do you want to make that the 4th one in this group instead of Blue Sky? Would you like to start it?

It doesn't matter - if the majority wants to do an Olympic blanket ("Summer Olympics"?) I can start it.

How many people are on a blanket? There are five colors, does that match up with the number of sections?

I don't have needles to spare though, so if you want to proceed with Blue Sky, that's fine too!

Let me know!

HollyP
08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I love the idea of doing an Olympic Rings blanket! Brenda I didn't see your suggestion earlier I was just skimming the thread. Maybe for the rings blanket we can have five sections of 5 inches instead of 4 inches.
If you want to start it I am sure either MamaDawn or I could send you needles. Let's just remember to keep the green and yellow in the middle! Thanks!!

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 06:52 AM
For the new blankets, you can add me wherever you need me, if you need me. Just not for the borders. :teehee:

OK I have you down for 3 borders... :teehee: Just kidding! I added you to all 4 blankets, if that's too much let me know.....

It doesn't matter - if the majority wants to do an Olympic blanket ("Summer Olympics"?) I can start it.

How many people are on a blanket? There are five colors, does that match up with the number of sections?

I don't have needles to spare though, so if you want to proceed with Blue Sky, that's fine too!

Let me know!

I love the idea of doing an Olympic Rings blanket! Brenda I didn't see your suggestion earlier I was just skimming the thread. Maybe for the rings blanket we can have five sections of 5 inches instead of 4 inches.
If you want to start it I am sure either MamaDawn or I could send you needles. Let's just remember to keep the green and yellow in the middle! Thanks!!

I can send you some needles today. And that's just what I was thinking Holly each person knit for 5 inches instead.

I'll pm you the sheet to send with the blanket, Brenda. Why don't we have each person say what color they want to do so the last person doesn't have to wait to see or anything like that. So right now I have Brenda and Misha rf, what colors would you ladies like to do?

Howdovely
08-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I'll pm you the sheet to send with the blanket, Brenda. Why don't we have each person say what color they want to do so the last person doesn't have to wait to see or anything like that. So right now I have Brenda and Misha rf, what colors would you ladies like to do?

The order of the rings, left to right, actually keeps the yellow and the green in the middle! Blue, Yellow, Black, Green then Red.

So I can start with Blue and the next can go yellow, etc.

LBECK
08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
I would like to be on the Summer Olympics blanket. I know, I know I said I couldn't do very many. I just can't resist some of them. :inlove: I could do yellow without having to buy yarn but if someone else wants it I would take another color. What ever you want to give me.

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Thank you! I've got you both down, we just need 2 more knitters for that one and a border.

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I forgot to say that M&M's blanket got here yesterday. It looks so great! I have to get some green yarn for it. Thank you for the labels, Lisa! I love them :heart:!

misha rf
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
All 4 is fine. Thank you!

And I'm not picky about which color I get. If I don't have any of it in my stash, it's just an excuse to go buy more. :rofl:

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
All 4 is fine. Thank you!

And I'm not picky about which color I get. If I don't have any of it in my stash, it's just an excuse to go buy more. :rofl:

I think that way too... :teehee:

I have you down for black, just put you next until I found out what color you wanted, so if no one else wants that I will leave you there.

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
We have a new knitter on Rav! And I've started a thread over there....

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/oddball-blanket-knitters/304475/1-25#4

We now have 2 Ravelry knitters, NKYKnitter and iheartmystash. :cheering:

HollyP
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
:woot: for new knitters!!!!

kellybigeyes
08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Atlantic Waves is on it's way to LBECK. Here is the confirmation number...

#0308 0070 0002 1950 2348

I used the same yarn that Holly started it with. I had it in my stash from another blanket. However, I did look for another color, but I did not see anything that I felt would be better than what I had. I hope you all like it!!

HollyP
08-21-2008, 06:22 PM
That looks great!!!!

MAmaDawn
08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
It's wonderful Kelly! I love it!

misha rf
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I think that way too... :teehee:

I have you down for black, just put you next until I found out what color you wanted, so if no one else wants that I will leave you there.

That works for me!! Thank you!

And say hi to Maggie! We're fostering her, and we hope our cats will let us keep her!!! She's such a sweetie!

misha rf
08-21-2008, 10:38 PM
That is pretty!!!

Howdovely
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM
That works for me!! Thank you!

And say hi to Maggie! We're fostering her, and we hope our cats will let us keep her!!! She's such a sweetie!

Cute dog! Or is it a puppy? Good luck!

HollyP
08-21-2008, 10:58 PM
What a sweet face she has! I just want to kiss her adorable spotty nose. I hope the cats let you keep her!!:teehee:

Shandeh
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Awwww....what a sweet puppy!

Shandeh
08-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello, my friends! :waving:
I just updated the original Oddball Baby Blanket blog with links to all the blogs for the different regions of our project!
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/
:muah:

MAmaDawn
08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Thank you Shandeh...

She looks so sweet Misha rf! I hope you get to keep her too!

misha rf
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks, y'all!

She's about a year old, and has already had a litter of pups. (Poor thing!) She's done well so far. She really wants to play with the cats. They're still not so sure....

blkirback
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I hadn't had a chance until now, been kind of busy lately, I wanted to let everyone know that I had posted I was a pet free home but my dbf decided to suprise me one day with a puppy.

Her name is Lucy and she is 12 weeks old. I know that Shandeh is allergic to furry animals and she is after me to I will do everything in my power to keep Lucy away from it and any hair from her too. I'll knit it outside if I have to!

HollyP
08-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh Lucy is adorable! All of these puppy pictures are making it hard for me the resist getting a second dog! But I must resist.:teehee: 1 dog and 2 cats are about all I can handle right now!

I cast on for Go USA! last night. I should be done soon. It's going quickly now that I finally decided on the stitch I wanted to use! I really think that is the hardest part of doing these!

HollyP
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I took a picture of Autumn leaves when I got it and forgot to post it. :doh: I don't think one has been posted yet. I really wish you all could see it irl, it's really beautiful. MamaDawn used Red Heart soft in Embers. I tried to get a better picture but I really just don't know how to get my camera to read all the details. If anyone has any hints I would gladly accept them!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2790091260_3604517ef8.jpg

I'm am using SS Autumn Red. I started to knit on it this morning. I really like how the colors work together. I don't think there will be any doubt on what this blanket represents!

kellybigeyes
08-23-2008, 03:48 PM
It's beautiful already!!

Shandeh
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I know that Shandeh is allergic to furry animals and she is after me to I will do everything in my power to keep Lucy away from it and any hair from her too. I'll knit it outside if I have to!
:hug: I'm not as bad with dogs as I am with cats.
(Sometimes, my throat almost closes completely around cats. :shock:)
But, I have to be around a dog for at least an hour before it gives me trouble. Usually, when I get a blanket to work on, I shake it real good outside before taking it in the house to knit on it. :thumbsup:
I tried to get a better picture but I really just don't know how to get my camera to read all the details. If anyone has any hints I would gladly accept them!
I don't know if this will help you, but this is what I do for my photos. I place the item in the brightest room of the house, with a light on overhead. Then, I turn OFF the flash on the camera. Sometimes, I'll open the curtains to let in the sunshine also. I take about 3 shots, with different angles, then I sometimes take a couple zoomed in closer as well. Then, when I load them to the computer, I pick the ones I like best.

blkirback
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1144695]:hug: I'm not as bad with dogs as I am with cats.
(Sometimes, my throat almost closes completely around cats. :shock:)
But, I have to be around a dog for at least an hour before it gives me trouble. Usually, when I get a blanket to work on, I shake it real good outside before taking it in the house to knit on it. :thumbsup:

I just don't want there to have you have a reaction due to my puppy. There is a cat but it is an outdoor one and he is never around me, since I'm not a big fan of him. But as long as there isn't any rain (which there never seems to be a day in this state that it doesn't rain, right now dealing with the leftovers of Fay) I will try to work on it outside. I like being out there anyways so it gives me and excuse to sit outside and enjoy getting some sun in the process:woot: !

blkirback
08-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I forgot about the blanket!:sleepy: Haven't had my coffee yet.

It looks beautiful. I can't wait till I get to work on it!

HollyP
08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what stitch pattern I want to do on Autumn Leaves. I've already frogged twice because I didn't like the way it was looking.
Here is Go USA. I "borrowed" the idea of the stars from Spikey of the Northeast. I tried to do exactly 50 stars but my knitting math has never been that great. So there are more stars:teehee: I used Caron SS dark country blue, red, and white.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2793077302_61dff3bd71.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2793077548_56357cb640.jpg

blkirback
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
That looks great!

Shandeh
08-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Cool! :heart:

lizardknits
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Southeast Oddball Knittersí Questionnaire- lizardknits answers

1. What is you favorite fiber? anything soft (pretty much anything)

2. What fibers do you not like? unknown

3. Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? as of yet unknown (if anything changes in this answer i WILL post a reply)

4. Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) not really . I love all kinds of yarn

5. What weight yarn do you prefer? worsted weight

6. Is there a weight yarn you don't like? I haven't ever worked with fingering weight or sport weight. My first project was in a bulky weight yarn

7. What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc) scarves, baby blankets :teehee:, hats, haven't tried making socks just yet

8. What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? I use crochet hooks and tapestry needles a lot for putting in ends and finishing projects. I don't really use stitch markers or row counters (I have a lot of crochet hooks)

9. What non-knitting things do you like? I like reading, watching TV (especially science fiction), hanging out with friends, going to the movies, playing video games, watching funny animes, Stitch (I have three Stitch stuffed animals)

10. Favorite scent? difficult question...... hmmm......apple or pumpkin, i think (i was born in October )

11. Favorite color? green ( any shade)

12. Favorite flavor?mint or mint chocalate chip

13. Do you collect anything? no

14. Anything else you like that is not listed here? I love playing games. Any kind (besides mind games:teehee:). I have an UNO deck that I brought here.

Also, I would like to point out that I only have so much space here on campus (my bed has not been bunked as to maximize floor space).

MAmaDawn
08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Here is Go USA. I "borrowed" the idea of the stars from Spikey of the Northeast. I tried to do exactly 50 stars but my knitting math has never been that great. So there are more stars:teehee: I used Caron SS dark country blue, red, and white.

It looks GREAT!

9. What non-knitting things do you like? I like reading, watching TV (especially science fiction), hanging out with friends, going to the movies, playing video games, watching funny animes, Stitch (I have three Stitch stuffed animals)

Do you like Dr Who?

MAmaDawn
08-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I hadn't had a chance until now, been kind of busy lately, I wanted to let everyone know that I had posted I was a pet free home but my dbf decided to suprise me one day with a puppy.

Her name is Lucy and she is 12 weeks old. I know that Shandeh is allergic to furry animals and she is after me to I will do everything in my power to keep Lucy away from it and any hair from her too. I'll knit it outside if I have to!

She is a VERY cute puppy... After we move (we are looking for a house now) I want to get a Newfie or Newfie mix... Dh thinks I'm insane... says he can't imagine getting a dog that big... :teehee: But I just love them! Or a St. Barnard...

lizardknits
08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
It looks GREAT!

Do you like Dr Who?

Actually yes

very much so

very very much so

HollyP
08-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Dawn, I soooo want a Newf or St Bernard! I've wanted a Newf ever since Pedigree dog food used one for a commercial years ago when I was little. I love big dogs. My lab Bentley is only 90 pounds and thinks he is a lap dog!

Lizardknits I updated the blog with your info.

MAmaDawn
08-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Who has been your favorite with the Dr so far, lizardknits? We have the first 3 seasons on DVD. Have you seen all the Dr Who stuff to knot on Rav?

Holly, aren't they just the cutest. I've already started looking at rescues in the area we are moving to. I think I'm going to call the local shelter and ask them to let me know when they get any in (and I'm fine with a mix too) and check the rescue and petfinder.com too. I've wanted a St. Barnard since I was a kid too. Then I found out about Newfies, m I'd love to have a dog that loves the water. That would be so fun to swim with you dog....

Howdovely
08-25-2008, 07:20 AM
She is a VERY cute puppy... After we move (we are looking for a house now) I want to get a Newfie or Newfie mix... Dh thinks I'm insane... says he can't imagine getting a dog that big... :teehee: But I just love them! Or a St. Barnard...

I just moved to this fairly large apartment complex and the only large dog I've seen so far was an Akita. Well, the other day I was driving by one of the play areas and there were these two HUGE, and i do mean every bit of HUGE, mostly white fluffy dogs. They could have been Newfies, or possibly big St. Bernards. Did I mention they were HUGE? (I had a 100+ German Sherpherd years ago, and these dogs dwarfed him. THey were HUGE.)

MAmaDawn
08-25-2008, 08:03 AM
If they were all white they may have been a great peranese. Newfies are usually black and a St. Bernard is usually white and brown or sometime black, of course they could have been a mix breed. I can't wait to move... I spent the morning looking at petfinder.... :teehee:

lizardknits
08-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Who has been your favorite with the Dr so far, lizardknits? We have the first 3 seasons on DVD. Have you seen all the Dr Who stuff to knot on Rav?

Actually, its hard for me to pick a favorite. Ive seen a few different Docs. By the first 3 seasons, do you mean the first three revived seasons or THE first three seasons? Just wondering. I'm actually not on Ravelry :(

MAmaDawn
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
The first 3 of the revived ones, I've never seen the old ones, but I'd love to.

Look at this..

http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/who/extermaknit.html

I'm making that for my BIL for Christmas

kellybigeyes
08-25-2008, 12:32 PM
LBECK.... I just wanted to make sure that you received Atlantic Waves. The PO says that it has been delivered.

Shandeh
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm actually not on Ravelry
:shock: What? You're not on Ravelry! :help:
Get ON it, girl! Just go to www.ravelry.com (http://www.ravelry.com), and enter your email address. You'll be added in just a few days.

Even if you don't put any of your stuff in there, you can use it as a reference to look up yarns, patterns, and stuff.

lizardknits
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
did you see http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/who/knittardis.html?
that looks awesome
Sandy, I did enter my email at Rav.

Shandeh
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Sandy, I did enter my email at Rav.
Good deal! Let us know when you hear back from them.

misha rf
08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Cookies N Cream arrived today!! It's very pretty.

And thank you for the candy, Carmen!! I love Creme Savers. They're by my chair, to protect them from my husband. :rofl:

blkirback, Lucy is absolutely adorable. She has such a sweet widdle face!

Maggie's doing pretty well, despite getting carsick today (on her 5th car ride). A few of the cats have kind of come around, and will stay in the same room as long as she's sleeping. But it's looking good for her to stay!

Moxiemade
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Im glad it finally arrived! I was getting worried.

Im so sorry about my terrible little gifts. I live out in the middle of nowhere and we have NO places to shop! Next time I'm in the city Im planning to stop by a little Florida shop to stock up on some neat little gifts.

misha rf
08-25-2008, 08:32 PM
There is absolutely no need to apologize!! Seriously!!

LBECK
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Kelly I did receive Atlantic Waves on Saturday. I just haven't had time to get on the PC. Sorry.

HollyP
08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi all!
Kelly I will be sending Go USA to you first thing tomorrow.
I pulled my back pretty badly doing yard work this weekend and went to the Dr early Mon. morning. She prescribed a pain killer that I happily took I was in so much pain. Shortly after taking the pill I started to have a reaction. I was totally loopy and breaking out in hives. Thankfully I was home with my Mom and she got me to the ER. So yesterday and most of today were a wash for me doing anything. I am finally feeling better tonight!

Dawn, I am really close to being done with my section of Autumn leaves could you please check with iheartmystash (or whoever is next although I'm pretty sure she is next) and see if she is ready for it. Thanks so much!!!

kellybigeyes
08-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Holly... That is not a problem at all. I can't believe that happened to you. I am so glad that your mom was with you and got everything taken care of. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'll let you know when the blanket arrives. And I should know more about my situation after tomorrow. I'll let you know about that. Talk to you soon.

MAmaDawn
08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi all!
Kelly I will be sending Go USA to you first thing tomorrow.
I pulled my back pretty badly doing yard work this weekend and went to the Dr early Mon. morning. She prescribed a pain killer that I happily took I was in so much pain. Shortly after taking the pill I started to have a reaction. I was totally loopy and breaking out in hives. Thankfully I was home with my Mom and she got me to the ER. So yesterday and most of today were a wash for me doing anything. I am finally feeling better tonight!

Dawn, I am really close to being done with my section of Autumn leaves could you please check with iheartmystash (or whoever is next although I'm pretty sure she is next) and see if she is ready for it. Thanks so much!!!

Glad you are feeling better! Back pain always makes me so tired!

I sent her a message.

Holly... That is not a problem at all. I can't believe that happened to you. I am so glad that your mom was with you and got everything taken care of. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'll let you know when the blanket arrives. And I should know more about my situation after tomorrow. I'll let you know about that. Talk to you soon.

Praying for you....

LBECK
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Kelly, I was in such a hurry yesterday when I was on here that I forgot to say thank you for the book of quotes. I loved it. I have read every one already and found many to fit me and many of my situations or someone I know that could use one of them.

LBECK
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
I am anxious to get started on Atlantic Waves. Are we using the same colors over or are we using any colors that remind us of the ocean and or water?

Howdovely
08-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I can send you some needles today. And that's just what I was thinking Holly each person knit for 5 inches instead.
I got the perfect yarn for the Olympics Blanket over the weekend! A few of us NC knitters got together on Saturday at a mall, and of course we went into AC Moore! They helped me pick out Red Heart Soft Yarn in Navy. And it really is soft!

So I am ready to cast on whenever the needles arrive. I'm excited!

Also, at AC Moore, they had Lion Brand Micro Spun on sale for $1.50 a skein so I picked up 6 skeins in a beautiful pale lime color called Leaf. I plan on making a triangle shawl for myself with it. Hope I can start it soon, but I have committed to finishing everything I already have started before I get into something else...... we'll see how that goes!

MAmaDawn
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I got the perfect yarn for the Olympics Blanket over the weekend! A few of us NC knitters got together on Saturday at a mall, and of course we went into AC Moore! They helped me pick out Red Heart Soft Yarn in Navy. And it really is soft!

So I am ready to cast on whenever the needles arrive. I'm excited!

Also, at AC Moore, they had Lion Brand Micro Spun on sale for $1.50 a skein so I picked up 6 skeins in a beautiful pale lime color called Leaf. I plan on making a triangle shawl for myself with it. Hope I can start it soon, but I have committed to finishing everything I already have started before I get into something else...... we'll see how that goes!

How was Sat? I was thinking about you guys and how much fun you must be having.... I haven't sent the needles yet, I'm sorry, life got a little hectic, but I am putting them in the mail today.

And good luck with not starting it.... I can't ever do that....

I am anxious to get started on Atlantic Waves. Are we using the same colors over or are we using any colors that remind us of the ocean and or water?

Any "ocean" colors...

MAmaDawn
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
First I want to welcome our newest knitter, nephthys8! :cheering::hug: Thank you for joining us, she is also going to crochet some borders for us!

Here are where our newest set of blankets are at....

Jelly Bellies
MamaDawn
Howdovely
Kellybigeyes
nephthys8
Moxiemade
Misha rf
Border: HollyP

Chocolate Mint
LBECK
iheartmystash (rav)
blkirback
need 1 knitter
Misha rf
need 1 knitter and a border

Go USA
Holly P
Kellybigeyes
Shandeh
Misha rf
need 1 knitter
LBECK
Border: LBECK

Summer Olympics (doing 5 inches each instead of 4)
Howdovely (blue)
LBECK (yellow)
Misha rf (Black)
need 1 knitter (green)
nephthys8 (red)
Border: nephthys8

Thank you guys so much for helping out with this! I'm so lucky to be working with such a great group!

kellybigeyes
08-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Welcome nephthys8!! I am so glad you joined us!! :woohoo:

Howdovely
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
How was Sat? I was thinking about you guys and how much fun you must be having.... I haven't sent the needles yet, I'm sorry, life got a little hectic, but I am putting them in the mail today.

And good luck with not starting it.... I can't ever do that....

Any "ocean" colors...

Not a problem! I have been busy trying to finish the Prayer Shawl I've been working on for TWO YEARS.

Saturday was real fun. Always love going to that mall, although I always spend too much money. (Yes Shandeh, I DID need those three pairs of shoes....... haha!!)

It was great to see Shandeh and Lestrella again, and I was able to meet wewantmore! Her kids are adorable!

HollyP
08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome nephthys8!!!!!!!:hug:

blkirback
08-27-2008, 12:02 PM
HollyP- I hope that you are feeling better, I've never had problems with my back (yet) but I have had lots of allergic reactions to things and I know that they are not fun.

Welcome nephthys8!

Mamadawn- I saw the list for the blankets and just wanted to make sure that no one after me has any problems with smoke. I am still going to try my hardest to make sure that it isn't around it but I just want to make sure incase you need to move me or something.

With Mint Chocolate are we going to use the same yarn and the same colors to keep it uniformed or are we going to use whatever yarn we pick? Is there a specific pattern to it?

I decided since I was waiting for the blanket and I have a friend who is pregnate I was going to make her a baby blanket so I made her this one, http://fortheloveofyarn.com/Issues/07Winter/patterns/winter07_heartblanket.shtml. Then I discovered that I had way too much yarn left over so I started on this now, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babys-hoodie-to-knit, hopefully I will be finished before the baby arrives!

Oh and just a warning, with Gustav possibly moving this way if we have to evacuate I may not be on here for a couple of days. We still don't know if it is going to move this way or not but they are warning us that we should be prepared to evacuate. If they do a manditory evacuation it could begin on friday. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up on that situation.

HollyP
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Blkirback , I hope Gustav avoids your area! Hurricanes are the worst!! It was the first time for me this type of reaction and hurting my back. Thankfully I am feeling a lot better now!! Both patterns are adorable. What a lucky baby!

For chocolate mint I am 99% sure that it isn't a set pattern or specific color of yarn. Just chocolaty minty colors. If am wrong someone please correct me!

MAmaDawn
08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Mamadawn- I saw the list for the blankets and just wanted to make sure that no one after me has any problems with smoke. I am still going to try my hardest to make sure that it isn't around it but I just want to make sure incase you need to move me or something.

With Mint Chocolate are we going to use the same yarn and the same colors to keep it uniformed or are we going to use whatever yarn we pick? Is there a specific pattern to it?

I decided since I was waiting for the blanket and I have a friend who is pregnate I was going to make her a baby blanket so I made her this one, http://fortheloveofyarn.com/Issues/07Winter/patterns/winter07_heartblanket.shtml. Then I discovered that I had way too much yarn left over so I started on this now, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babys-hoodie-to-knit, hopefully I will be finished before the baby arrives!

Oh and just a warning, with Gustav possibly moving this way if we have to evacuate I may not be on here for a couple of days. We still don't know if it is going to move this way or not but they are warning us that we should be prepared to evacuate. If they do a manditory evacuation it could begin on friday. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up on that situation.

Nice choices on the things you made and are making! They look cute. You should post a pics of yours, would love to see them.

About the smoke, was there anyone that said that airing it out wouldn't work? I can't remember.... but I thought that's what we said we would do. Just let it air out like on your porch without smoke around it and that it would be ok. (In the sun is god, the sun makes clothes smell so nice!) I think there was someone else that smokes or has a hubby that does in the house. Am I remembering this wrong? If that won't work for anyone just let me know... I'll switch people around if I need too.

And yes Chocolate Mint is like Holly said.... no pattern and chocolaty and minty colors. (Right Lisa? that one was her idea)

blkirback
08-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Blkirback , I hope Gustav avoids your area! Hurricanes are the worst!! It was the first time for me this type of reaction and hurting my back. Thankfully I am feeling a lot better now!! Both patterns are adorable. What a lucky baby!

For chocolate mint I am 99% sure that it isn't a set pattern or specific color of yarn. Just chocolaty minty colors. If am wrong someone please correct me!

Thanks, we're kind of hoping that it misses us too. We are in the process of opening up a bar & grill plus a convience store and we are about ready to open up the store side. Plus, there are 3 other houses that he manages down here so we really are watching this one.

The only thing that would be nice, I know this sounds awful, is that we would get a mini vacation from this area. We don't ever get to go anywhere together since he works ALL the time. But I don't want to see damage like before, there's still so much that needs to be done down here.

I was just thinking that it might be nice if we were to stick to the same yarn, it's just my thinking which is :whoosh: most of the time.

I'm allergic to everything under the sun it seems like. I have a reaction from sitting in the grass too long and break out in hives everytime. Or if I use a lotion that has too much perfume in it I can break out in hives, or if I eat too much of something that I am allergic to.

Nice choices on the things you made and are making! They look cute. You should post a pics of yours, would love to see them.

About the smoke, was there anyone that said that airing it out wouldn't work? I can't remember.... but I thought that's what we said we would do. Just let it air out like on your porch without smoke around it and that it would be ok. (In the sun is god, the sun makes clothes smell so nice!) I think there was someone else that smokes or has a hubby that does in the house. Am I remembering this wrong? If that won't work for anyone just let me know... I'll switch people around if I need too.

And yes Chocolate Mint is like Holly said.... no pattern and chocolaty and minty colors. (Right Lisa? that one was her idea)

I can definatly hang it out on my porch. It will get plenty of sun! I'll make sure to do that atleast one day before I mail it, or two depending on how I think it smells. I more than likely will work on it outside or in my "knitting chair" in the closed off room.

I'll try to post pictures, she doesn't know yet what she is getting. I have to mail it to her in Michigan so I won't be able to see how she likes it but I hope she does. I have the blanket done and have had it done since July-ish. Now I have the back of the sweater done so I am moving along, I think:?? . I've just been :X: :X: :X: like crazy! As soon as I can get some decent pictures I will put them up for everyone to see. My cell phone doesn't take great pictures so I have to wait for the digital camera to be emptied.

Shandeh
08-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Saturday was real fun. Always love going to that mall, although I always spend too much money. (Yes Shandeh, I DID need those three pairs of shoes....... haha!!)
THREE pairs of shoes! :thud:
:teehee:
Mamadawn- I saw the list for the blankets and just wanted to make sure that no one after me has any problems with smoke.
I have a hard time around the smell of smoke. I bought some yarn on eBay once that smelled SO STRONGLY of cigarette smoke. I set it out in the sun for 2 days, but it still had the smell of smoke. I ended up having to wind it into hanks and wash it by hand, then hang it to dry with a weight to pull out the kinks. (It was wool) So, I am sensitive to smoking, for sure. :help:

Also, I wonder if the hospital requires the blankets to not be around tobacco smoke? :think: (I know that preemie blankets must be kept away from it, since those babies are so sensitive to everything.)

But, I'm sure the blankets will be washed before they are given to the hospital. :thumbsup:

blkirback
08-28-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm not going to smoke around the blanket or work on it when I am smoking. I just wasn't sure with it being a smoking house if it would affect it in anyway. I plan to possibly, depending on the weather in this wonderful :???: state, to work on it outside. But if I can't then I will work on it in our spare bedroom. I just don't want there to be any problems.

Shandeh
08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks so much, blkirback!! :muah:

HollyP
08-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Kelly Go USA is on its way to you. I forgot to post this yesterday! I have the deliv confirmation if we need it.

I updated the blog with all of the current pictures of our blankets and who has them. I also added one of our newer knitter's questionnaire. So far we have questionnaires from Blkirback, GennyLynn, Myself, howdovely, iheartmystash, kellybigeyes, lizardknits, MAmaDawn, Moxiemade, and Shandeh! If anyone else wants to fill it out please feel free! Just post it here or PM it to me. Thanks:hug:

kellybigeyes
08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much Holly!!

Moxiemade
08-28-2008, 10:06 PM
The blog looks wonderful Holly! I love how personalized it is. :)

LBECK
08-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Hey all,

Welcome nephthys8!!:happydance:

The blog looks great!:cheering: I also, like the personalization alot. I have a pic of just my part on flickr.

On Chocolate Mint, the idea was just as you said anything chocolatey and Minty. I am going to incorporate some mint green with my chocolate in my first section. Which I will be casting on this weekend.:knitting:

HollyP
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a pic of just my part on flickr.
Hi Lisa! I would love to put the picture on our blog. Could you PM me with the link or post it here. Thanks!

kellybigeyes
08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Holly... I just wanted to bring to your attention that LBECK is on ravelry. Her ravelry name in under her signature. I added her this morning. You can see her flicker pictures on there. Hope this helps.

HollyP
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Here is Autumn Leaves. I used simpy soft in Autumn Red and diamond brocade pattern.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2808207263_b53007d0c7.jpg
I'll be sending it to iheartmystash late this afternoon.

ETA : Thanks Kelly!! :muah: I never thought to look at Rav! I have the picture now!

kellybigeyes
08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Holly... Autumn Leaves is beautiful!! And your welcome!!:thumbsup:

Shandeh
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Autumn Leaves is GORGEOUS! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
I am SOOOOO ready for Fall now. It's my favorite season.
cloud9

Moxiemade
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Autum leaves looks fantastic! Great choice of stitch pattern, Holly.

blkirback
08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Autumn Leaves looks great. I can't wait to work on it.

I think that we are going to be evacuating either tomorrow night or sometime on Sunday. So I may not be on here for a few days, but as soon as we get back here I will let everyone know.

Shandeh
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Be careful, blkirback! We like having you around.
:muah:

blkirback
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Thank you. We're trying to be as safe as we possibly can without risking too much looting to the properties. Hopefully, things won't be too bad this time and we will be able to return quickly. Until then we will be in Tennesee for a little while. I'll try to keep everyone posted on our return back to NOLA.

Shandeh
08-30-2008, 05:21 PM
:thumbsup:

HollyP
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Hope everyone is having a great and safe holiday weekend!!

MAmaDawn
08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm sick.... but at least I got more knitting time...

And Butterfly Kisses will be headed out on Tuesday... here it is...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1825.jpg

I love the way it's looking!

kellybigeyes
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Butterfly Kisses looks great!!

Shandeh
08-31-2008, 11:44 PM
I hope you get better, MamaDawn! :pout:
(I think I'm catching something too. I guess the hurricane is blowing some strange bacteria our way.)

I just love the stitch design on Butterfly Kisses. :heart:

HollyP
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Hope you feel better soon Dawn!:hug: Butterfly kisses look great!

lizardknits
09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm sick.... but at least I got more knitting time...

And Butterfly Kisses will be headed out on Tuesday... here it is...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1825.jpg

I love the way it's looking!
me too!!!
ok, I def want to add some green if I have some!!!
I had a great day. look what I worked on (I have attached pictures of the fairy statue that I was painting earlier)
now im working on finishing homework (my first class isnt until 11 tomorrow)
i should try to get a progress picture sometime of my panels for the next baby blanket.....
ot-add me on Ravelry!!!! (see sig for my name)
I apologize for the darkness of the pictures, I was trying to get the colors as best as I could

kellybigeyes
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Holly... I received Go USA today. It looks great!! Thank you so much for the "cupcakes"!! ;) I loved the card. And thanks so much for the very soft yarn. I can't wait to make myself something.

nephthys8
09-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome nephthys8!!:happydance:

Thank you and thanks to everyone else who welcomed me! I'm glad to be here. :mrgreen: I've been lazy about doing the survery for the group, but hopefully I can do that now since I have some extra time at work. :wink:

misha rf
09-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm done with Cookies & Cream!!

Next????

HollyP
09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Next on cookies and cream is MamaDawn. You might want to send her a quick Pm. Can we see a picture?

I still have Autumn Leaves. It's been sitting in my car all weekend ready to go. I'll be sending it first thing tomorrow.

Howdovely
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I received the needles today so I can cast on the Summer Olympics blanket!!! I will probably start it on the train Friday evening, and finish it again on the train on Sunday. That's my plan anyway.....

Yay!

MAmaDawn
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I had a great day. look what I worked on (I have attached pictures of the fairy statue that I was painting earlier)

Very cute!

I'm done with Cookies & Cream!!

Next????

Sent you my addy... :yay:

blkirback
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, I survived we only spent 24 hours to make a 5 hour trip, grrrr. But the good thing is that we have water and power and our house and the resturant/bar/store have survived, however, the three rental proporties took on a lot of water and our boat docks are ruined. The roof was peeled off of one so the water just poured in through the top. Now, we are on the look out for hurricane Ike, so we could have to possibly evacuate again, :wall: :hair:, and I am not looking forward to that drive again.

I love the blanket, butterfly kisses, it looks great.

Well, I need to unpack. Have a good day or evening.

kellybigeyes
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
So glad that you are back home and safe. GO AWAY IKE!!!

MAmaDawn
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes Ike.... go away.... My MIL and FIL still don't have power, but luckily they do now have water... My BIL and SIL still can't go back to their house... have you heard that Houma residents may not be allowed back to their homes until NEXT WEEK!?!?! And it may be mid Sept till they get water and power!

Glad you are ok and that most of your property was ok... praying the everything gets taken care of quickly....

blkirback
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes Ike.... go away.... My MIL and FIL still don't have power, but luckily they do now have water... My BIL and SIL still can't go back to their house... have you heard that Houma residents may not be allowed back to their homes until NEXT WEEK!?!?! And it may be mid Sept till they get water and power!

Glad you are ok and that most of your property was ok... praying the everything gets taken care of quickly....

I'm sorry to hear that they don't have power. We had water when we returned and about 3 hours after that we had power. I think we got spared this time. Houma got hit really hard. I know that they will try to get residents back in as soon as possible but it takes a long time I think. I hope that they didn't get too much damage done. They weren't going to let us back in until today! And we didn't have any real damage!

I took these two pictures about 6 miles away from our house. There's a marina there and these were some of the boats that were moved to the middle of the road. We have boats out behind our house and thankfully they weren't moved but destoryed 2 of our boat docks.

Well, I think I need to go and knit now.:X:

kellybigeyes
09-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I am almost finished with GO USA!! According to the blog, Shandeh is next on the list. I know that she has not been feeling well. I just wanted to see if she is ready for it. I should have it ready to mail by Saturday or Monday.

MAmaDawn
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
WOW that was fast! I'll check with her....

HollyP
09-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Butterfly kisses arrived today. It is so pretty!! I'm looking through my stash for the perfect yarn to go with it.
Autumn Leaves finally went out in today's mail. So sorry for the delay, it's been a nutty week with school starting!

MAmaDawn
09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
WOW! that was fast, they just picked it up yesterday!

MAmaDawn
09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
What would you guys think about posting how many stitches are on a blanket on here when we start them? That will give the next person a chance to look for stitch patterns they could use before the blanket gets there if they want. What do you all think? If most people would not use it then we don't have to do it. What do you all think?

kellybigeyes
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I think that is a wonderful idea, however, I like to look at the blanket first (most of the time). I have had a pattern in mind before (not knowing how many stitches there were) but when the blanket got here and I looked at, I changed my mind. So for me, either way is fine. :)

MAmaDawn
09-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I like to look at the blanket too.... if it's had lots of diagnal type stitches then I like to add a vertical or horizontal, that type of thing... I was going to use it to pick a few that would work with that # of stitches and then choose which one when it gets here...

But I'm a little loony (at least it keeps things interesting... :teehee:).... I don't want to do it if I'm the only that would use it.

blkirback
09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I would like to know how many stitches are on the blankets, but that is just me. I have to find a pattern that I think I can do without messing up horribly so if I know how many stitches are on there then I can narrow it down some.

HollyP
09-05-2008, 12:07 PM
That sounds like a great idea Dawn!!!! It would be nice to be able to see what patterns would work numbers wise before getting the blanket. I have to look at the blanket also. So many times I have one pattern idea in mind and once I see the blanket I get another. Knowing the # ahead of time could help narrow it down the search considerably. If you all only knew how many times I have frogged my sections on these blankets. :teehee: I really wanted to on the big oddball but the thought of starting over with 300 stitches per row stopped me!

MAmaDawn
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
That sounds like a great idea Dawn!!!! It would be nice to be able to see what patterns would work numbers wise before getting the blanket. I have to look at the blanket also. So many times I have one pattern idea in mind and once I see the blanket I get another. Knowing the # ahead of time could help narrow it down the search considerably. If you all only knew how many times I have frogged my sections on these blankets. :teehee: I really wanted to on the big oddball but the thought of starting over with 300 stitches per row stopped me!

That would make me rethink it too.... :thud:I've sometimes thought that I should put a life line in EVERYthing I knit.... I tink and frog so much!

LBECK
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I would like that because the pattern books that I have give the multiples for doing that pattern and If I knew like you all have said then I can narrow it down. Although I am so new at patterns I am scared to try very many of them. I am not good at frogging back to a point and starting again. When I frog I go all the way back to the beginning and start new. So it would kill me to have to frog with 300 stitches per row.

kellybigeyes
09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
GO USA was mailed to Shandeh this morning. The confirmation # is:

0308 0070 0002 1950 2270

I used Red Heart SS in Stars and Stripes. I just used the garter stitch since the yarn was different colors. Here is a new picture:

MAmaDawn
09-07-2008, 07:27 AM
It looks great Kelly!

blkirback
09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
It looks so good. I can't wait to start working on the blankets.

Howdovely
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Hello all,
Well, I did not get to cast on, nor finish, summer olympics this weekend like I intended.

One of my friends died in her sleep thursday, and tonight was the wake. It was horrible. She left behind a 10 yr. old, and a 6yr. old.

It was just horrible and i'm exhausted.

Tomorrow is the service and funeral so by the time I get home tomorrow my mind will be mush. I'll either cast on an easy pattern, or go to bed.

This sucks. The reality of it really hit tonight, that it could be any of us, at any time. I am so sad for her family, it just kills me.

Ugh.

kellybigeyes
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Brenda... that is so sad. I will keep you and her family in prayers.

MAmaDawn
09-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Praying here too... that is sad, I recently lost my best friend in a car accident. I know how hard it is.

If you want to cast on go ahead... I know that for many knitting helps a lot in times like this, but if you need time, take it. The blanket can wait to be made.

I'm so sorry...

nephthys8
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will send you good vibes for strength during this time. Also, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but if you'd like to switch places with me on the blanket, I'd be happy to cast on for this instead. We could even work it backwards, maybe? (eg, I'll start with my same red section and we can just go backwards through the list?) You'd have to send it back to me for finishing, but you could still do your same color and everything. It is up to everyone else, I just thought I'd suggest it as a way to help out.

All of that aside, I think somone mentioned that they were loaning out the proper size circs for these? If so, are there any left? I am new to knitting and I don't own any circular (or dpns for that matter) yet. If not, it's no big deal... I can get the proper set (I think I missed what size we need, too, so some help on that would also be appreciated) when the time comes.

Thanks! :grphug:

MAmaDawn
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
nephthys8, that's very kind of you to offer, we can do that if you want Brenda, it's up to you....

I have a bunch of needles for the blankets, Holly has some too and I think someone said that they some, but I don't remember now... some have donated their own, but if Brenda wants to reverse the order of the blanket I'll send you a set... If you want to start one later I can send you a set then too... but if you end a blanket you can keep the needles if you are going to be starting one later and use it.

I mailed M&M's today... you should be getting in a few days Moxiemade... I have to comfim# if we need it... and I'll post pics later, I DID take them this time :thumbsup:, I almost forgot....

Shandeh
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
.......One of my friends died in her sleep thursday, and tonight was the wake. It was horrible. She left behind a 10 yr. old, and a 6yr. old.
:heart: :pout: :heart:
I'm praying for you all. :pray:

All of that aside, I think somone mentioned that they were loaning out the proper size circs for these? If so, are there any left?
Dawn, let me know if I need to send a needle to nephthys8.

Today, I received the "Go USA" blanket from Kelly. And she sent me a skein of yarn for my charity knitting, and some bags of tea in several interesting flavors! (Black Cherry, Melon, Raspberry, Tropical Sorbet, Pomegranate, and Lemon Tangerine!) :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2841362236_3b15e4d4c0.jpg

Howdovely
09-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will send you good vibes for strength during this time. Also, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but if you'd like to switch places with me on the blanket, I'd be happy to cast on for this instead. We could even work it backwards, maybe? (eg, I'll start with my same red section and we can just go backwards through the list?) You'd have to send it back to me for finishing, but you could still do your same color and everything. It is up to everyone else, I just thought I'd suggest it as a way to help out.

Thank you so much for offering, you are very sweet. As I thought, my mind is mush tonight, so I think I will need to knit as a sort of quiet time therapy for me. That and a glass of wine. I looked at the guidelines and saw that a bunch of patterns can use 100 stitches - so that is how many I will cast on.

LBECK
09-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Brenda, I am sorry for your loss. I just had a cousin to pass away last night from cancer. This is a sad world sometimes isn't? Love and prayers to you all.

Atlantic Waves is almost finished so who is next? I am not sure of how to read the list because of the switches, Sorry. I will need an address and it will probably go out by the end of the week.

MAmaDawn
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Lisa I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, praying for you and your family.

I'll send an pm and check with the next knitter for Atlantic Waves.

GennyLynn1962
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Just dropped in to say hi to everyone, and read up on the blankets.

All of them look wonderful! :inlove:

blkirback
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear about both of your losses. :hug:

nephthys8
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much for offering, you are very sweet. As I thought, my mind is mush tonight, so I think I will need to knit as a sort of quiet time therapy for me. That and a glass of wine. I looked at the guidelines and saw that a bunch of patterns can use 100 stitches - so that is how many I will cast on.

I haven't had anything serious happen to me recently, but I have definitely noticed that knitting has helped to reduce my overall stress and anxiety, both of which I have a history of bad problems with. So, I completely understand and I hope that you got to knit last night and that it helped. Please let us know if you need anything, okay?

Dawn and Sandy: thank you so much for the kind offers to send me the needles! It looks like I will have plenty of time to get some now, though. I think I am going to be buying some circular needles next week (the next thing I want to try to make are some socks using the 2-at-a-time method), so I can just include another set for this as well.

Is there a specific size and cable length (16", 24", etc.) that we are using for the baby blankets?

MAmaDawn
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Size 7, 8, or 9 and 29 inches or more are best...

Thank you for being willing to buy some for the blankets!

nephthys8
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Size 7, 8, or 9 and 29 inches or more are best...

Thank you for being willing to buy some for the blankets!

It's not a problem. :) I think I have to special-order some circulars for my upcoming sock project because my book recommends a 40" cable and pretty small needles (most are size 1 or 2). I can just add one or two sets for baby blankets to my order and avoid extra shipping or having to hunt around locally for them. :mrgreen:

Shandeh
09-09-2008, 09:23 PM
We occasionally used size 10 needles for the baby blankets we used to make, but it makes the blanket a tiny bit bigger. (It's best to have 100 stitches maximum if you use a size 10 needle.)

But, as MamaDawn said, we usually used size 7, 8, or 9. :thumbsup:

HollyP
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought I posted this last night.:?? I must have forgotten to hit submit.

Brenda, Dawn and Lisa I am so sorry to hear of your losses! I'll be praying for you and the families. :hug:

Kelly I noticed a huge mistake in the beginning of my section of butterfly kisses last night. I frogged back and have fixed it but I won't be able to send it to you today like I had planned. I most likely will be able to finish tonight and send first thing tomorrow. Does this work for you or is it cutting it too close? Let me know!!

I know this might seem a little odd/ insignificant especially after all the bad news on the thread lately but... I have to take my dog to a cardiologist today. He has an enlarged heart. My vet is hopeful since he is only 7, but I am scared. My only experience with a dog with an enlarged heart was with my first dog who passed away pretty quickly after he was diagnosed with one. If you think about it please send up a little prayer for my sweet Bentley (http://www.dogster.com/dogs/153031/in/stroll/). Thanks!

kellybigeyes
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Holly... that should be fine. If you send it tomorrow, I should get it by Saturday. It I get it by Saturday, I should be fine. But if I don't get it until Monday... I don't see any way that I will be able to finish it by Tuesday night. Just let me know tonight or tomorrow and then we can decided what to do.

Thanks so much!!

blkirback
09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Holly, sorry to hear about your dog. I hope everything works out.:hug:

MAmaDawn
09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Holly I totally understand about Bentley... and what a cutey he is! I'm praying... (I've lost pets in the past so I totally understand)

And thank you, my fired dies earlier this year, miss her terribly but I remember VERY well how hard those first few days and weeks were....

Kelly I'm sure we can switch you around if we need to...

nephthys8
09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Holly, I hope Bently is okay! I'll be thinking about you both. My dog, who lives with my parents now and whom I miss greatly, is 7 or 8 (is it bad that I can't remember?) and is starting to slow down a bit. It makes me sad because I remember losing our first dog when I was about 17 (and right before my birthday and Christmas, too). I know my parents take good care of her, so I am sure she will be with us for a while still, but I hate knowing that she's not young anymore, too.

:grphug: for everyone!

kellybigeyes
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks Dawn!! I really don't want to swap (if I can help it)!! Crossed Fingers I am so excited about working on it. But I will swap if I have to. I'll let you know. I have to have my surgery next Wednesday, the 17th. I have to be there at 9:30 am. So... there will be no knitting after that for at least 2 weeks. :waah: I don't know what I'll do. :think:

kellybigeyes
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Holly... I will be praying for Bentley. My parents had to put their dog down a couple weeks ago. He was 9 1/2. He had cancer. And it was getting to the point that he could not eat and it was getting hard for him to walk. It was really sad. Sending good thought and prayers :pray: your way.

I also had a question about the blanket. I was found this (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-cloth)pattern on Ravelry. I wanted to know if this was the same pattern that we are using for the blanket. I thought I might make a dishcloth and get familiar with the pattern.

Thanks

Shandeh
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
If you think about it please send up a little prayer for my sweet Bentley (http://www.dogster.com/dogs/153031/in/stroll/). Thanks!
I just read Bentley's page, and left a bone for him!
I hope he gets better soon. :hug:

LBECK
09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Holly I hope your baby will be okay. Thanks every one for your thoughts and prayers. :hug:

HollyP
09-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Kelly yes that is the pattern.

Thanks so much everyone! :hug: We just got back after a 3.5 hour appt. including a lot of tests. I've always known he had a heart murmur but it was never a real problem until now. Turns out the murmur is caused by a fairly severe birth defect. The cardiologist thinks he is a good candidate for treatment and he was started on blood pressure med and a beta blocker. I kept thinking how funny it is that my middle aged dog is going on meds alot of middle aged humans go on.

Moxiemade
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
M&M's is here!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2846990178_ea9cffdbc5_o.jpg

THANK YOU Dawn for the SOCK YARN! I loove sock yarn, even though I haven't made socks from any yet. LOL I just learned two-circ knitting last weekend so I'm excited to try out this yarn for some socks!!

Anyway, I need to get some blue yarn for my section. It looks festive so far! :)

HollyP
09-10-2008, 11:01 PM
That looks great! I haven't seen it since Kelly knit her section.

Shandeh
09-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm enjoying working on "GO USA". It's neat to do a middle section, and not have to worry about casting on or binding off. :)

I'm using white yarn, in stockinette stitch with 3 knit stitches at each end. I'm planning on doing some duplicate stitch decoration with red and blue yarns (probably sport weight, so it won't make the blanket too thick at that section). I've been looking online for charts for stars and letters. I think I'll put "GO USA" on there. :thumbsup:

MAmaDawn
09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
It's funny you posted a pic Moxiemade.... I was just going to post the one I took... :teehee:

I'm glad you like the yarn, I had a feeling you would. I got some in a different color for me that I'm looking forward to trying....

Shandeh, that sounds like it's going to be VERY Pretty! I'm not good at duplicate stitches...

HollyP
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I am so sorry Kelly Butterfly kisses did not get out in today's mail. Bentley had a reaction to one of the new meds he was put on. I came out of my shower this morning to find him passed out. At first I thought he was asleep but he didn't move when I walked by and pet him. By the time I was dressed he had come to but seemed disoriented. I quickly called the vet and took him in. Apparently fainting is a side effect to the blood pressure med. I spent literally all day at the vet with him while they were running more tests and observing him. He's doing better now but they kept him overnight for observation.
Again I am so so sorry. If I had known I would have sent it late last night at the APC.

kellybigeyes
09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Holly, that is no problem at all. There is no reason to apologize. Family (including dogs) comes first!! I'm so glad he is doing better. That must have been scary. I will PM Dawn now about what I need to do. Thanks for trying. Keep us posted on Bentley. :muah:

Shandeh
09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Bentley had a reaction to one of the new meds he was put on.
Poor fella! :pout:

HollyP
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for being so understanding Kelly!:hug: I know you really wanted to work on this one before your surgery. I really am sorry!

Bentley is home now and seems to feel pretty good. They lowered the dose on the medication and we will work our way up to the full dose. We have to that with other medication too. I've never dealt with so many half pills in my life! I think I am going to need to get a pill organizer for him, so I only have to figure out the dosages once a week when I fill it. Both of his medications are also given to humans so I was able to fill them at the Walmart pharmacy. Thankfully they are on the $4 generic list! I almost wet my pants laughing when I saw all the warning labels on the bottles that are perfectly relevant for a human but really funny for a dog. One warns of excessive alcohol consumption, the other warns may cause dizziness and to use caution while driving and heavy machinery use. My poor dog will never be able to learn to drive now:teehee:

Oh, I almost forgot to post these. Here is Butterfly Kisses.I used CSS in soft yellow. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3031/2851178378_a1ab6c0720.jpg

nephthys8
09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Poor Bently! I'm glad he is doing better now, Holly. Keep us posted. :)

Two questions if you all would be so kind:

1. When knitting on circular needles but not joining the ends to form a circular piece, how does that work? i.e. as with baby blankets. My instructional book explains knitting in the round and how to join (to make a basic hat) but not how you knit something on circulars that is supposed to stay flat. I still have not tried circulars (I'm going to order some today online) and I was wondering if anyone could kind of explain it to me (how it looks/works/etc.)?

2. Can someone working on "Butterfly Kisses" PM me the sitch pattern or link me to where I can get it? I joined a block excange on Ravelry and it looks like it would make for a lovely afghan square. Thanks! :mrgreen:

lizardknits
09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
if you look early in this thread, you will see a link to a dishcloth pattern that this blanket was inspired by.

lizardknits
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
if this was ravelry, I would have clicked on "love"
:teehee:
i definitely know what yarn and color I want to add.....hehe..... *smirks*

MAmaDawn
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
1. When knitting on circular needles but not joining the ends to form a circular piece, how does that work? i.e. as with baby blankets. My instructional book explains knitting in the round and how to join (to make a basic hat) but not how you knit something on circulars that is supposed to stay flat. I still have not tried circulars (I'm going to order some today online) and I was wondering if anyone could kind of explain it to me (how it looks/works/etc.)?

You cast on just like normal and when you finish that you turn your work and knit, and do the same thing when you end a row, just turn it and knit, like the needles are not connected. HTH!

Holly, I'm glad that he's doing better... nope no driving for him... :teehee:

Lizardknits is going to knit next and we will see when Kelly can knit her part.

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I almost wet my pants laughing when I saw all the warning labels on the bottles that are perfectly relevant for a human but really funny for a dog. One warns of excessive alcohol consumption, the other warns may cause dizziness and to use caution while driving and heavy machinery use. My poor dog will never be able to learn to drive now:teehee:
Oh well....so much for having a free chauffeur! :)
Butterfly Kisses is lovely! :heart:
Two questions if you all would be so kind:
I can help with your first question.
To do straight knitting with circular needles, you just turn the project around when you finish knitting a row, and start knitting back the other way with the one of the needles. You'll understand it better when you're actually doing it.

Here's a video of me knitting one of our baby blankets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O64tcb4vKvk

MAmaDawn
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Shandeh,

Great video!

I have 2 questions.... which blanket was that? And what were you watching on TV?

And you know you could knit faster if you did Continental style :teehee:...

Of course I'm just kidding with you.... every time I see someone knitting English (including myself cuz I can't knit any other way) I think of your post about that and it makes me laugh....

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Shandeh, Great video!
cloud9 Thanks!
I have 2 questions.... which blanket was that? And what were you watching on TV?
That was the "Easter Basket" blanket, which was finally completed in May of 2008....way past Easter. :lol: Here's how it turned out at the end:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2533652531_64fab820b0_m.jpg

And I was watching one of the Appendices DVDs from the Lord of the Rings "Two Towers" Box Set. I'm addicted to those DVDs. I think I enjoy watching the behind-the-scenes work more than the actual movie.
And you know you could knit faster if you did Continental style :teehee:...
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Be nice now! :fingerwag: :wink:

HollyP
09-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I have Butterfly kisses with me at school and it will be sent tonight on my way home to Lizardknits.

lizardknits
09-12-2008, 03:00 PM
yay !!!! are you sending it priority?

nephthys8
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
You cast on just like normal and when you finish that you turn your work and knit, and do the same thing when you end a row, just turn it and knit, like the needles are not connected. HTH!

Thank you to those of you who explained this to me. I do hope to be able to experience this soon and be able to understand what I am doing. Also, big thanks to HollyP who linked me the pattern on Ravelry! :)

kellybigeyes
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Holly... The blanket is beautiful!! There's no reason to apologize. Things happen. I am so glad that Bentley is doing better.

Moxiemade
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Butterfly Kisses looks wonderful. I love the soft colors. :)

I just got hired on a new job and this week has been a LOT of training so I haven't been able to touch M&M's yet. I'll be getting to the craft store this weekend to get some yarn for it.

blkirback
09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
All the blankets look so great. I hope I can do as good of work on them.

Holly, sorry to hear that Bently had a reaction, but I'm glad that he is doing better. I hope that everything works out.

HollyP
09-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone! I completely forgot to send Butterfly kisses on my way home. It is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. I have the delivery confirmation if we need it.

lizardknits
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks for the update.
I dont think the delivery confirmation will be necesary, as I am picking it up in the campus mail center, as opposed to a post office or a delivery truck.
I look forward to meeting it in person :teehee: :hug:

kellybigeyes
09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
lizardknits... just so you know (when you mail a blanket) we have to get delivery confirmation. Some of our blankets have come up missing in the past. So we have to have the tracking number incase we have to search for one.

lizardknits
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
ok
thanks

Howdovely
09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Randall and I went to Biltmore House in Asheville, NC yesterday and the Summer Olympics blanket came along for the ride! We had our picnic and while resting our feet, I got a little knitting done!

I hope to finish it up real soon. How many inches did we say we were doing on each section for this one?

kellybigeyes
09-14-2008, 09:57 PM
This post says 5 inches. I hope this helps. I have always wanted to go to Biltmore. It looks beautiful!!!

Shandeh
09-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Beautiful photos! :heart: :heart: :inlove: :heart: :heart:
You were so lucky to knit with such a gorgeous view. cloud9

My hubby and I went to Biltmore for our honeymoon. We hope to go again for a future anniversary.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/144100468_10087d4401.jpg

LBECK
09-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Beautiful photos everyone.

I will be sending out Atlantic Waves today hopefully if nothing happens.

Howdovely
09-15-2008, 07:20 AM
This post says 5 inches. I hope this helps. I have always wanted to go to Biltmore. It looks beautiful!!!

Thanks Kelly! I guess I was being lazy, I could have looked it up......

Biltmore IS beautiful - we love going. That was our third time this year and we plan on going two more times. (We upgraded to an annual pass so anything after the 2nd time is basically free.) Saturday we did the rooftop tour. October we'll do the behind the scenes tour and really hike around the grounds - and then finally in December we'll see it decorated for Christmas.

They are planning on opening four or five more rooms in the Spring - so perhaps we'll do the annual pass in a few more years again.

LBECK
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I am sooo sorry that it has taken me so long to post this but I have been so busy at work that I hardly get time to check the thread and post replys and pics and get a little knitting done in between. Anyway here it is...

1. What is you favorite fiber? Anything

2. What fibers do you not like? I do not dislike any that I have used so far

3. Are you allergic to anything, knitting or non-knitting related? NO

4. Are there any yarn types you don't like? (eyelash, etc) No

5. What weight yarn do you prefer? Any is fine with me I can find a use for it.

6. Is there a weight yarn you don't like? no

7. What do you like to knit? (sock, scarves, hats, afghans, etc), So far I have knitted scarves, fingerless gloves, baby blankets. I will try my hand at hats next and maybe even socks and a sweater. I just like to knit.

8. What knitting accessories do you like or use a lot? Not like or not use? Like all that I have seen and use stitch markers and counters so far. Havenít found any that I donít likeÖ I am a gadget person.

9. What non-knitting things do you like? I am a crafty person, I like to sew, paint, crochet, read, camping and playing with my grandson (5 & 1/2 months).

10. Favorite scent? I like gingerbread, pumpkin spice, vanilla, melon, fresh linen, lilac

11. Favorite color? I do not have a favorite color, I LOVE color, my least favorite however, would be yellow.

12. Favorite flavor? Watermelon

13. Do you collect anything? Other than yarn, no not really.

14. Anything else you like that is not listed here? Picture frames, the outdoors. We are just about to start a bit of renovation to our mobile home and I enjoy doing that sort of thing too.

lizardknits
09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I will post a reply on here once I get butterfly kisses, so that we can keep track of it. It will probably get here tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday.