PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

GennyLynn1962
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm glad it made it to you and you like the shot glass and yarn.:cheering:

I collect shot glasses also, but I've slowed way down on them for the past few years. I think at last count I had about 130 of them. I had a friend that was a truck driver and he brought me most of them. :teehee:

blkirback
10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't even remember how I got into collecting shot glasses. One day I realized that I have about 20 of them and it just kept adding up. I think I have around 60 or 65 of them. My parents neighbor was an OTR trucker and he used to pick me up some when he was gone. Plus, I used to work in a party store and customers used to bring me back some if they went on trips and stuff. Some of the ones I have are from places I have never been to and probably will never go to, but I like them and they arn't too expensive to collect!

kellybigeyes
10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Butterfly Kisses is fluttering it's way to LBECK.

The confirmations # is

0308 0070 0002 1950 2645

Here are some pictures I wanted to share.

For the card... I printed the picture from the internet, cut it out, pasted it on the purple paper, cut it out again, and then pasted it to the green card that I cut to size. I hope you all like it!!!

Moxiemade
10-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Oh Kelly, the card is perfect!!! Awesome job, so creative. Thanks for doing that!

The blanket looks fabulous as well. I'm overly proud of that one. ;) The colors are all coming together so nicely.

kellybigeyes
10-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks so much!! I was happy to finally get to work on it. I was so upset when I found out that I was going to have to have surgery on my arm. I really didn't think that I would be able to work on it. Thanks so much for starting such a wonderful blanket. I don't know what color Lisa is planning on using, but I think a light purple would be wonderful. It was so hard for me to decide between pink and purple.

misha rf
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
M&Ms arrived today! It's so cute! I'll need to get some orange yarn. And Moxiemade, thank you for the yarn! It's really pretty! :muah:

Butterfly Kisses is beautiful. :inlove:

HollyP
10-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Great Job Kelly!!! I am so happy you got to work on it! The card is perfect, thanks so much for making it!

GennyLynn1962
10-19-2008, 09:48 AM
The blanket and card are beautiful!

Shandeh
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Lovely blanket! :inlove:

I received Autumn Leaves this weekend, and got to work on it. I just LOVE the colors! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm knitting a yellow section, then adding a border of heathered brown. It will be hard to send this blanket away, because it's just GORGEOUS!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2955791751_b932a4c0bc.jpg

And here are the goodies I received from blkirback. I just love the labels. They are to be sewn onto handknitted items. Nice! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/2956239123_9c6a325728.jpg

MAmaDawn
10-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Autumn Leaves and Butterfly Kisses look wonderful! I love watching them grow. And how each new person adds to it.

Atlantic Waves arrived and it's beautiful! I've started on it... it's amazing how much blue yarn I already have... lol! It's a favorite color of a lot of family members so that's meant I've gotten a lot of it.. I love the stitch and the pattern is so easy to memorize...

And thank you for the note pad, Kayrun, funny I got it from the mailbox today and today was a day I really needed some chocolate (It says, "So many chocolates, so little time") And what yarn did you use? My dd loves it and I'm thinking of getting some for her...

LBECK
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks so much!! I was happy to finally get to work on it. I was so upset when I found out that I was going to have to have surgery on my arm. I really didn't think that I would be able to work on it. Thanks so much for starting such a wonderful blanket. I don't know what color Lisa is planning on using, but I think a light purple would be wonderful. It was so hard for me to decide between pink and purple.

I was planning on using a light purple if I can find one around here... My local walmart (the only place I have to buy yarn locally) is not selling Caron SS any longer. I don't know if they had any light purple left but I will run out there this morning and check it out. They had all of there SS on sale for 1.50 and most of it was gone when I was there last. The blanket is absolutely darling. and the card is so creative and beautiful.

Autum Leaves is absolutely georgous also guys. I am so proud to be working with such creative minds on this project.

Also, wanted you all to know that I have been sick this past week so I haven't gotten to the PO to send out Summer Olympics. I will get it out tomorrow I promise. I am feeling much better and looking forward to getting GO USA and Butterfly kisses now.

kellybigeyes
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much Lisa. I'll check my WM too. If they have some, I'll send it to you.

GennyLynn1962
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Here's a picture of "Go USA" with my part done. I used a sparkley white to match Shandeh's section.

I'll mail it out as soon as I can get out to the PO.
:hug:

GennyLynn1962
10-20-2008, 10:41 AM
"Autum Leaves" is beautiful!!! Great job guys!

nephthys8
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm loving all of the blankets! Butterfly Kisses, Go USA!, and Autumn Leaves all look wonderful! I'm excited to see updates of M&Ms and Summer Olympics soon, also.

I was bad this weekend and bought a skein of Noro sock yarn for $20 (it was so NOT in my budget). I went to a new LYS in Centreville, VA called "With Yarn In Front" for any of my VA ladies in this group, if you go out towards Dulles Airport, I definitely recommend you stop in there! They are new and probably looking for some more customers. They have an awesome selection, lots of stuff for spinners, and GREAT hours (open 7 days a week, and later in the day--which works for me since I have to commute to DC and back!).

I didn't do any sock knitting, but I did work on my afghan blocks. I'm having knitters block, sadly. I've been trying to get some more done, but some of the patterns are really tricky for me and take forever. :(

misha rf
10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
The blankets are looking just beautiful!! :inlove:

Lisa, I have some light purple SS in my stash (I believe it's orchid). If you want me to send it to you, just say the word!

I went to one of the WM's in my area today (the one that still has an actual craft section with fabric). They're getting rid of the SS there, too. They are adding the Vanna's Choice, though. I was disappointed not to find any orange yarn. (All the orange I have is either sock yarn or is too scratchy for this blanket.) Will have to go to Michael's, but I probably won't have time until Thursday or Friday.

blkirback
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, I tried to make it to the PO today and missed them by 16 minutes so tomorrow morning I will try and get Chocolate Mint out in the mail. I worked on it this morning since I hadn't had anytime over the weekend to work on it and I got it done in about an hour and a half. I used Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate and soft green(?) and I only did a gater stitch because I have 2 other projects that I have to get done before the 7th.
Here is a picture of the blanket.

MAmaDawn
10-20-2008, 08:46 PM
nephthys8

Hope you can get some enjoyable knitting time in soon...

blkirback, it looks great! I love garter stitch on these blankets... and that was some fast knitting!

LBECK
10-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks so much Lisa. I'll check my WM too. If they have some, I'll send it to you.

I found some at my WM. When I got there they had lots of it left but it didn't look like they have gotten any in. Maybe they changed something because it was all in the baskets again and not marked down any longer. Only the one that looks like rope was marked down.

I received the blanket also, yesterday and I will get started on it tonight. Thank you so much for the notepad and yarn I loved them both. I use both kinds and I didn't have any of either one of them.

LBECK
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
The blankets are looking just beautiful!! :inlove:

Lisa, I have some light purple SS in my stash (I believe it's orchid). If you want me to send it to you, just say the word!

I went to one of the WM's in my area today (the one that still has an actual craft section with fabric). They're getting rid of the SS there, too. They are adding the Vanna's Choice, though. I was disappointed not to find any orange yarn. (All the orange I have is either sock yarn or is too scratchy for this blanket.) Will have to go to Michael's, but I probably won't have time until Thursday or Friday.

I was sending the blanket out today but I might have orange in my stash. I will check and if I do I will send the blanket out tomorrow with the orange in there.

LBECK
10-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I am loving all of the blankets!! :muah: I am especially fond of the chocolate mint. (wonder why?)

I have a couple of ideas for some winter blankets if you guys are interested:

Winter - done in blues and white. (different patterns is okay or just one if you all so choose)

Snowflake - done in all white with different patterns.

These just hit me this morning as I was getting ready for work.

And speaking of work I am almost an hour late already thanks to DH so I had better get going. ttyl.:wink:

Howdovely
10-21-2008, 08:57 AM
I am loving all of the blankets!! :muah: I am especially fond of the chocolate mint. (wonder why?)

I have a couple of ideas for some winter blankets if you guys are interested:

Winter - done in blues and white. (different patterns is okay or just one if you all so choose)

Snowflake - done in all white with different patterns.

These just hit me this morning as I was getting ready for work.

And speaking of work I am almost an hour late already thanks to DH so I had better get going. ttyl.:wink:

Those are really good ideas! I love the blue and white combo for winter.

blkirback
10-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm going to try to get Chocolate Mint out in the mail today. I thought that they were open until 5 and they aren't they are only open until 4:30 so I missed them yesturday.

Also, I am leaving on Friday to go to Michigan for 2 and half weeks so I will try to get on here to see how things are going but I can't promise anything.

I was wondering if we were going to be starting any more blankets soon or not? I'd like to work on some more if we are, maybe even try one with a pattern....

I love the snowflake idea, I think that would be really pretty, and I like the Winter idea too.

nephthys8
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
nephthys8

Hope you can get some enjoyable knitting time in soon...

Thank you! I actually finished another afghan square last night, so that was enjoyable in that I finished something else. I want to do socks (because I'm trying to learn) by I am on a time constraint with the afghan blocks. All 12 have to be done and in the mail by Dec. 15th. I would very much like to do some cool/complicated stitch patterns for them, but I'm still so new to knitting that I am having a hard time getting the sizes right and following the patterns and doing it in a timely fashion. Most of them may end up being ribbed patterns just so I can get them done on time! :doh:

HollyP
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi! I love how all of the blankets are turning out. But what I love more is the generosity of everyone here. I've had a few run ins with some pretty rude people lately. To come here and see people offering yarn to each other and just being supportive has really warmed my heart. It's good to know there are still some nice people out in the world and that I know exactly where to look to find them! Thanks:grphug:

Yes we will be starting new blankets soon!:woohoo: Right now we have 5 of 8 blankets at or heading to the last knitter. :yay: Way to go Southeast!:yay:

misha rf
10-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I was sending the blanket out today but I might have orange in my stash. I will check and if I do I will send the blanket out tomorrow with the orange in there.

You are made of awesome! If you've got some, fantastic! If not, no worries. Thank you! :muah:

blkirback
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Here's the delivery confirmation number on Chocolate Mint.
0307 1790 0004 1388 0728.

LBECK
10-22-2008, 07:22 AM
You are made of awesome! If you've got some, fantastic! If not, no worries. Thank you! :muah:

I am sorry to say that I did not have any orange in my stash.:cry: I have every other color in the rainbow but not orange. However, I am glad to say that I have the blanket ready to go out today as soon as the PO opens and I can find time from work to get there I will put it in the mail. :woot: I will let you know the confirmation number as soon as I can get back to the PC.

GennyLynn1962
10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Go USA is on it's way to you LBECK,
confimation number: 0308 0730 0001 0013 2024

Sorry it has taken so long to mail it, again.

GennyLynn1962
10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
The blues and white, and the snowflake blankets sound wonderful!

I'm another one that likes blue and white for winter colors.

MAmaDawn
10-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for letting me know that blankets are on the way...

I like the idea of the blues and whites too... We have a lot of really great ideas from before too. I'll get them all together and list them and we can pick which ones should be next....

misha rf
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I am sorry to say that I did not have any orange in my stash.:cry: I have every other color in the rainbow but not orange. However, I am glad to say that I have the blanket ready to go out today as soon as the PO opens and I can find time from work to get there I will put it in the mail. :woot: I will let you know the confirmation number as soon as I can get back to the PC.

Your stash sounds a lot like my stash. :teehee: Just gives me an excuse to go get some more tomorrow after I get my temporary crown. I'll need some cheering up for sure.

Can't wait to see the blanket!! :hug:

MAmaDawn
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I have the list of ones that everyone suggested before... it's a lot! You all are very creative!

Smurfy
Lucky Charms
Primary colors
diagonal rainbow
Camo
A neon one
spring in the garden
birds
fruit salad
crayons
ocean
Finding Nemo
Little Mermaid
Sunset
Tip-Toe in the Tulips
Blue Sky
Skittles
Banana Split
Splish Slash
Lemon Drops & Gum Drops
Little Boy Blue
Little Bo Peep
Cupcakes
Puddin'
Dinosaur
Diggers
Cinderella
Blue Ridge Mountains
Olivia - using chocolate - soft pink - and offwhite
Charles - using chocolate - baby blue- and offwhite
All that glitters
Ballband (Baby Brick or blocks)

I want to get your thoughts about Atlantic Waves... I'm not sure I should add a border... I'm worried it will take from the pattern and that we may not have the beautiful scalloping at the top and bottom... so here's a picture. What do you all think?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1885.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1886.jpg

Moxiemade
10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I personally think it looks beautiful without, but I'm sure it'd look great either way. What a nice looking blanket.

blkirback
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I want to get your thoughts about Atlantic Waves... I'm not sure I should add a border... I'm worried it will take from the pattern and that we may not have the beautiful scalloping at the top and bottom... so here's a picture. What do you all think?

I like it just the way that it is, but that's just me. I think it looks great.

Howdovely
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
LOVE the camo idea! Don't they make camo yarn in different colors, like pink camo, blue camo, green camo, tan camo? Purple camo?

Anyway, i think it would come out nice.

They are all great idea.

nephthys8
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I like Atlantic Waves the way it is, too--just my opinion.

Howdovely
10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh, oops, and I think Atlantic Waves is perfect without a border.

kellybigeyes
10-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I also think..... no border for Atlantic Waves. It's beautiful just the way it is.

kellybigeyes
10-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I love the idea of a Crayola Crayons Blanket. I found this picture:

Since there are 8 crayons... we would need 8 knitters and each do 3inches to equal 24 inches. I think it would be great to do it in garter stitch and do the colors in order from left to right.

What do you all think?

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 05:24 AM
:thumbsup: Good idea, Kelly

LBECK
10-23-2008, 08:06 AM

I think no border. I think you are right it might take away the scallopping edge. It is very beautiful, by the way.

LBECK
10-23-2008, 08:12 AM
"Summer Olympics" was sent out yesterday to Misa rf. The confirmation number is 0308 1400 0000 2283 6634. Sorry, it took so long to get it out. I fee much better now.

I started on "Butterfly Kisses" night before last. I was very timid because I didn't know if I could do this pattern. I am not to the Butterfly part yet it seems like a lot to do on the pattern, but the blanket looks like it shouldn't be too difficult. We'll see. I didn't get to work on it last night as I had my DGS over for the night so that his mommy and daddy could get some rest. He (the baby) has been sick and keeping them very busy lately. I am anxious to get back to work on it though because it was very simple after getting going on it and I liked it alot.

GennyLynn1962
10-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I love all the ideas for blankets!

As for the camo one, I recently tried to find 'camo' yarn. Something that was varigated so the camo worked throughout the project insted of making stripes. The only camo yarn I could find here was Red Heart, I bought it and it was really bad, lots of knots, frays, and was very scratchy. I don't know what's up with Red Heart, it's not like it used to be.

While I'm on the subject.... I went to WalMart yesterday to get some Caron SS, all they had was what they call Caron SS "Eco". It's made from recycled bottles, it was soft but it had little white flecks in it that were almost like little knicks or freys in the yarn. I wonder if it's going to get hard to find the 'regular' Caron SS?

nephthys8
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Since there are 8 crayons... we would need 8 knitters and each do 3inches to equal 24 inches. I think it would be great to do it in garter stitch and do the colors in order from left to right.

What do you all think?

I think that is an awesome idea! Can I be in on this one if we do it? :)

nephthys8
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
While I'm on the subject.... I went to WalMart yesterday to get some Caron SS, all they had was what they call Caron SS "Eco". It's made from recycled bottles, it was soft but it had little white flecks in it that were almost like little knicks or freys in the yarn. I wonder if it's going to get hard to find the 'regular' Caron SS?

I've never been a Caron SS user simply because I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, but I know it is popular. Despite that, I think I've seen some chatter on Ravelry that they're going to discontinue regular Caron SS... but I don't know how true that is. Maybe someone else in this thread knows more about it, since I haven't been paying attention. (I think there's a pretty long discussion about it on the "Yarn" Rav board, though--the one that is part of the Big6.)

GennyLynn1962
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll have to check the boards to see what I can find.

The only places I have here to get yarn are WalMart, Michael's, and a fabric store. But, there is a LYS that has recently opened that's about 15 min. away, I'm going to check it out tonight. :cheering:

misha rf
10-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I agree with y'all on the no border for Atlantic Waves. It is so pretty!

I hadn't heard that about Caron SS. That would seem stupid on their part, as it's so popular. (I tend to avoid the "Bix 6" on Ravelry, as it often makes my head hurt.) I just emailed them & asked. I wonder if Wallyworld is changing over what yarn they're carrying, as it seems that's the place that's affected the most.

Looking forward to getting "Summer Olympics!" Can't wait to see it! :cheering:

I love the ideas for the new blankies!! I'd love to help out on as many as I can. :rofl:

GennyLynn1962
10-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I hadn't heard that about Caron SS. That would seem stupid on their part, as it's so popular. (I tend to avoid the "Bix 6" on Ravelry, as it often makes my head hurt.) I just emailed them & asked. I wonder if Wallyworld is changing over what yarn they're carrying, as it seems that's the place that's affected the most.

When I was there last night they had a lot of their yarn on sale, I can't remember exactly which ones, but I do remember that just about all they had on the 'regular' shelves were Red Heart and Peaches and Creme.

MAmaDawn
10-23-2008, 11:48 AM
My walmart doesn't carry SS anymore only some baby yarn, Red super scratchy and cotton, but I can still get SS at Mich and AC Moore, they both still had lots when I last went...

HollyP
10-23-2008, 12:16 PM
As for the camo one, I recently tried to find 'camo' yarn. Something that was varigated so the camo worked throughout the project insted of making stripes. The only camo yarn I could find here was Red Heart.
Bernat makes a camo yarn that is surprisingly soft. I've seen it at Michael's and Joann. I used one of the girly ones for a baby blanket. It turned out great and washed up beautifully.

I started on "Butterfly Kisses" night before last. I was very timid because I didn't know if I could do this pattern. I am not to the Butterfly part yet it seems like a lot to do on the pattern, but the blanket looks like it shouldn't be too difficult. We'll see. I didn't get to work on it last night as I had my DGS over for the night so that his mommy and daddy could get some rest. He (the baby) has been sick and keeping them very busy lately. I am anxious to get back to work on it though because it was very simple after getting going on it and I liked it alot.
Lisa, if you have any problems with the pattern we'll be happy to help! It really isn't too hard I promise!

I agree that Atlantic waves looks perfect the way it is! Yippee!!! Our first finished blanket!!:yay::woot::yay:

I really hope Caron won't stop making SS! It's my go to yarn for baby stuff.

GennyLynn1962
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Red super scratchy .

love that name! :teehee:

Bernat makes a camo yarn that is surprisingly soft. I've seen it at Michael's and Joann. I used one of the girly ones for a baby blanket. It turned out great and washed up beautifully.

Thanks for the info, I haven't checked at Michael's lately, I'll look next time I'm in there.

MAmaDawn
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
OK I will weave in the ends and send Atlantic Waves to you Holly...

Glad you like that GennyLynn made me smile when I typed it... :teehee:

I don't want to start the new ones yet... but we can start signing up for them...

so we have the camo one... and crayons (need 8 knitters and let me know what color)... we are getting ready to finish 5 but why don't we plan on starting just 4 with the holidays and holiday knitting I don't want to overload anyone...

Do we want to make one a preemie blanket? Or do we want to wait till the first of the year to start these?

kellybigeyes
10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I would like to do the blue section on the crayon blanket. I have some Caron SS left over from Atlantic Waves that I would like to use.

HollyP
10-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Dawn you can put me down for the last section( that would be black -right?) and border if it needs one on Crayons.
I think it is a good idea to only start 4 new blankets with the holidays coming up so quickly.
As for preemie blankets I'm game for whatever.
If you want me to start any blankets just let me know!
I can't wait to see Atlantic waves in person again!

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Red Heart Super Scratchy...:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
So true!

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh well....if Caron Simply Soft goes away, we'll still have other options.

Red Heart Soft Yarn
Bernat Satin
and others listed on the "sticky" thread at the top of the Charity Knitting section.

LBECK
10-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I can work on any two of the 4 we are starting any color just pencil me in and let me know when it is posted. If we do not have enough knitters I can do more.

nephthys8
10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Put me down for one of the colors on the Crayons blankie, but I'm not particular about which one. With the holidays coming up, though, it is probably best if I just sign up for the one in next round. If we need more knitters for others, I can then see if I can volunteer for more, but one to start with is what I'm comfortable with offering.

MAmaDawn
10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Lisa right now I have you down for Camo and Crayons, if we add another ( we don't have to do 4... we can just do 2 more if that's what everyone will have time for) and you want to change you can... and I have you down for green

I have Holly down for the black section and the border, Kelly down for blue, and Erica for yellow... is that good for everyone so far?

blkirback
10-24-2008, 10:46 AM
You can add to whatever blankets you want to. I won't be back in Louisiana until November 13th (my mom is having surgery and I have a wedding and a doctors appointment to go to) but I am willing to work on as many as you need me to. Just let me know when and what colors I need to buy and I will be waiting to get started.

My plane leaves at 5:50 p.m. tonight and I will try, like I said before, to get on here as much as I can and keep up to date on everything. If nothing else you can just e-mail me and it will go straight to my phone and I can respond to it easier.

Shandeh
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Let me know if you need any help.

nephthys8
10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I have Holly down for the black section and the border, Kelly down for blue, and Erica for yellow... is that good for everyone so far?

That works for me!

kellybigeyes
10-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Works for me too!!

misha rf
10-24-2008, 03:18 PM
You can put me on whatever blankets you'd like! :teehee:

I heard back from the Caron people. They are NOT discontinuing SS. It just won't be available at Wallyworld. I've got a letter that they've sent, & have asked for permission to post it here.

misha rf
10-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Here's the letter from Caron. The representative also suggested complaining to Wal-Mart, since it was not Caron's idea to stop carrying SS in their stores.

Dear Consumer,

Many of you have noticed that our Simply Soft yarn is being removed from the shelves at your local Wal-mart, and have questions about this move. Please allow us to provide a brief explanation of what is happening.

Several months ago, the managers of the Wal-mart craft area decided to make some changes. One of these changes was to replace standard Simply Soft with an eco-friendly version that is named Simply Soft Eco. This is an environmentally friendly yarn that uses 20% regenerated plastic bottles as a component. This will help eliminate those plastic bottles from reaching landfills, and is consistent with Wal-martís desire to clean up our environment.

Simply Soft Eco is a 4-ply worsted weight yarn that can be used as a substitute in patterns calling for Simply Soft. The color line is similar, but not the same as our standard Simply Soft. The look and feel of the yarn is quite nice. We feel certain that you will enjoy using this yarn, and helping with the clean-up of our planet.

As information, our standard Simply Soft is NOT being discontinued, and can still be found in many retailers such as Michaels, AC Moore, Jo Ann Stores and Hobby Lobby. Additionally, Simply Soft can be ordered on-line at www.ShopCaron.com.

kellybigeyes
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks so much for that information. I so so so love Caron SS!!

GennyLynn1962
10-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info!

I posted the email on a group I'm in on Ravelry, there's been a lot of talk about it on there too. I hope that's ok.

kellybigeyes
10-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I also like the idea of the Winter blanket using blue and white. I should have enough of the blue yarn left to use on the Crayon blanket and the winter blanket, if you all want to do the winter one. I would love to start the winter blanket if we all decide to do that one.

QUESTION: If I weigh the blue yarn that I have left, could one of you really intelligent knitters ;) tell me if I would have enough to do both blankets or not? I have no clue as to how much it takes. I just knit until I'm done. :teehee:

Thanks so much!!

P.S.- If we decide to do a winter blanket, it needs a name? Any ideas?

MAmaDawn
10-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I just lost a post I made!!!! :doh::gah:

Anyway.... thanks for the info, it's good to know that it's not going anywhere... now Walmart's decision... well I'll just leave that one alone...

I add you Misha to both the Camo blanket and the Crayons one and the crayons one is now full! And Camo just needs 3 more and a border! That was fast, it's awesome to be working with such a wonderful group!

Kelly I'm really not sure how much yarn is used to make a blanket, some would depend on the stitch you used and the needle size...

I add the winter blanket to my list... for a name how about Winter Snow? Or New Fallen Snow? Winter Wonderland?

kellybigeyes
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I was thinking Winter Wonderland too. Here is a picture that a put together real quick for the card. Going with the blue and white theme.

What do you all think?

Howdovely
10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I really thought I'd be able to jump in sooner for these blankets, but with Furniture Market here in High Point this week - I've not had time to breathe for the last three weeks or so. I will still hold off on getting in on these, I really need to finish up other projects and get some xmas knitting started and finished. Sorry!!

I'm also planning on using my sweater machine for the first time to make a blanket for ME! I've gotten so many great ideas for colors on here, I"m dying to make one! I bought it two years ago and still haven't used it. I think I will do a Rainbow one.

Winter Wonderland is a nice name for the white/blue one.

misha rf
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info!

I posted the email on a group I'm in on Ravelry, there's been a lot of talk about it on there too. I hope that's ok.

I have a feeling that they won't care--they're probably glad that the word is getting out.

I also like Winter Wonderland for the blue & white blanket.

Thanks for adding me to the blankets!!

GennyLynn1962
10-25-2008, 07:29 AM
LBECK- Did you get GO USA? The PO said it should be there on Friday, if not it would be there today.

Just wondering, I'm always afraid a blanket will get "lost".

Shandeh
10-25-2008, 06:25 PM
I just lost a post I made!!!! :doh::gah:
Poor thing. Here's a word of advice. (I do this every single time I post in the forum.) BEFORE you click "Submit Reply", click in your message, then hold down "ctrl-A" to highlight everything. Next, click "ctrl-C" to copy it. THEN click "Submit Reply". If you lose your message, you can click "ctrl-V" to paste it in again.
I was thinking Winter Wonderland too. Here is a picture that a put together real quick for the card. Going with the blue and white theme.
Love the name AND the photo! I'd like to help knit that one.
...I'm also planning on using my sweater machine for the first time to make a blanket for ME!
:cheering:

misha rf
10-25-2008, 07:50 PM
M&M's is done! HollyP, are you ready?

And Summer Olympics arrived today! Lisa, thank you so much for the post its (they're cute!) and the lotion!

misha rf
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Summer Olympics is finished! Yay for garter stitch!! :happydance:

LBECK
10-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I received GO USA on Friday. It is so great, I hope I can do a good job. I am going to finish up with Butterfly Kisses this week and I will get started on it as soon as I can. It is going to take me some time to decide what I want to do on it to compliment all the beautiful work already done.

Here are a few of my latest projects if anyone is interested in seeing.

LBECK
10-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Lisa right now I have you down for Camo and Crayons, if we add another ( we don't have to do 4... we can just do 2 more if that's what everyone will have time for) and you want to change you can... and I have you down for green

That will be fine with me. I will have a pair of needles when I am finished up with GO USA so If you want me to start one later I will. Just let me know.

LBECK
10-27-2008, 07:52 AM
I love the name Winter Wonderland. An I definitely want to work on it. The card will be beautiful.

MAmaDawn
10-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Summer Olympics is finished! Yay for garter stitch!! :happydance:

That's wonderful! I'll check with the next knitter

That will be fine with me. I will have a pair of needles when I am finished up with GO USA so If you want me to start one later I will. Just let me know.

You can start the Camo one (do we want to name to just be camo?) But there's no rush in starting it... I know you have 2 blankets already there and you are doing the border for both of them too.

I love the name Winter Wonderland. An I definitely want to work on it. The card will be beautiful.

I've added you.... did you want to still be on both Crayons and Camo too?

Let me know if you need any help.

Shandeh did you want to be on more than one blanket? I added you Crayons doing the brown, that's the one that starts it, is that good for you?

And you know I do copy what I am posting most times... but of course the time that it disappears I didn't...

Sorry I had forgotten about Winter Wonderland when I was planning the other 2... thank you for reminding me of it, Kelly.

MAmaDawn
10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Oh and Lisa I mean to say that you FO look great! I LOVE the hat, he loos VERY cute in it...

kellybigeyes
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Dawn... I just wanted to see if you have a pair of needles for me to start Winter Wonderland? I prefer metal needles. If not, I can get some if I need to. I also wanted to verify that I am on 2 for now. Starting Winter Wonderland and the blue section on the Crayon blanket.

Thanks

kellybigeyes
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I just wanted to clarify one more thing....

When we start a blanket... we need to do about 3 rows of garter stitch and then 4 inches of pattern stitch? Correct?

HollyP
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone! I know I haven't been around this weekend, I took an unplanned long weekend to visit my bro and sil. He called Friday morning and by Friday afternoon Bentley(my dog) and I were there. We had a ton of fun. They have a dog Malden who adores Bentley. It is always funny to see this 60 pound white dog following around a 90 black dog like he is his hero. My sil always sings ebony and ivory to them:teehee:

Cookies and Cream was delivered here this afternoon.:happydance: I now have an exuse to go yarn shopping!!! :woot: I don't like my white white with the pretty creams.

Lisa your FO's are great!!! I love the smiley face cloth. Where did you find the pattern? And the hat is adorable as is it's wearer.

I think Camo is a good name. Straight to the point - I like it!
Winter wonderland is going to be so pretty. I love the idea!

Black and border on crayons is great for me thanks so much!

I can help on any of the blankets just let me know. I also still have needles if you need me to start one or I can send them to anyone who needs them.

I think I am all caught up on the repsonses I would have made if I had been around this weekend.:teehee:

MAmaDawn
10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Dawn... I just wanted to see if you have a pair of needles for me to start Winter Wonderland? I prefer metal needles. If not, I can get some if I need to. I also wanted to verify that I am on 2 for now. Starting Winter Wonderland and the blue section on the Crayon blanket.

Thanks

Yup that's what I got you down for... I'm going to post the status of the blankets that we are planning tonight or tomorrow... I do have needles, I'm working on Jelly Bellies and have Atlantic waves ready to go so I'll ship them all out at once. And that should time it about the times the others are finished....

When we start a blanket... we need to do about 3 rows of garter stitch and then 4 inches of pattern stitch? Correct?

I've always done 4 inches total... is that what everyone else has done?

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been around this weekend, I took an unplanned long weekend to visit my bro and sil.

Good to have you back! I'll let you know about the needles.

LBECK
10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
You can start the Camo one (do we want to name to just be camo?) But there's no rush in starting it... I know you have 2 blankets already there and you are doing the border for both of them too.

That will be okay with me and as far as the name goes I will talk to some people at my work and see if they can think of a name. Lot's of them hunt or have son's that hunt. I can maybe find a good card pic too.

I've added you.... did you want to still be on both Crayons and Camo too? [/QUOTE]

Yes that will be okay I think. I would like to be last knitter on this one if you don't mind and if it is okay with everyone, could we only have 5 knitters so that it ends in blue also? We could each do 5inches?

LBECK
10-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I've always done 4 inches total... is that what everyone else has done?

That is what I have always done unless it was otherwise stated to do 5 inches or something like that. In which case I always include from beginning to the end of my piece including the 3 rows of garter.

Shandeh
10-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Shandeh did you want to be on more than one blanket? I added you Crayons doing the brown, that's the one that starts it, is that good for you?
Sounds good to me. So, you want me to cast on Crayons?
I usually do a total of 4 inches from the cast on edge.

MAmaDawn
10-28-2008, 08:33 AM
That will be okay with me and as far as the name goes I will talk to some people at my work and see if they can think of a name. Lot's of them hunt or have son's that hunt. I can maybe find a good card pic too.

I've added you.... did you want to still be on both Crayons and Camo too?

Yes that will be okay I think. I would like to be last knitter on this one if you don't mind and if it is okay with everyone, could we only have 5 knitters so that it ends in blue also? We could each do 5inches?[/quote]

OK I have you as the last knitter... as far as knitting it 5 inches each I'm fine with that if the knitter doing it are...

Sounds good to me. So, you want me to cast on Crayons?

I usually do a total of 4 inches from the cast on edge.

Yes that would be wonderful!

Here is the status of our blankets.... if this doesn't work for someone let me know.... for Crayons if you said any color I tried to pick ones that were on your list.

Crayons
Shandeh(Brown)
MamaDawn(Red)
Blkirback(Orange)
Misha rf (Yellow)
LBECK (Green)
Kellybigeyes (Blue)
Nephthys8 (Purple)
HollyP(Black)
Border: HollyP

Camo
LBECK
need a knitter
Misha rf
need a knitter
blkirback
need a knitter and Border

Winter Wonderland
Kellybigeyes
Need 3 knitters (if it's knit for 5 inches each)
LBECK
Border :LBECK

misha rf
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
You can add me to Winter Wonderland, if you need me.

nephthys8
10-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Here is the status of our blankets.... if this doesn't work for someone let me know.... for Crayons if you said any color I tried to pick ones that were on your list.

Crayons
Shandeh(Brown)
MamaDawn(Red)
Blkirback(Orange)
Misha rf (Yellow)
LBECK (Green)
Kellybigeyes (Blue)
Nephthys8 (Purple)
HollyP(Black)
Border: HollyP

Camo
LBECK
need a knitter
Misha rf
need a knitter
blkirback
need a knitter and Border

Winter Wonderland
Kellybigeyes
Need 3 knitters (if it's knit for 5 inches each)
LBECK
Border :LBECK

Woo! Thanks for making me purple instead--it is my absolute fave color and I am sure I will enjoy working on it. :)

I can do part of Winter Wonderland if need be.

Shandeh
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Put me on Winter Wonderland.

kellybigeyes
10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I just wanted to make sure of something.... are we doing the Crayon blanket in garter?

nephthys8
10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to make sure of something.... are we doing the Crayon blanket in garter?

I'm not particular if we do it in Garter stitch or something else, but I think that it is the "type" of blanket where one consistent pattern would look really nice, since there will be lots of colors. Just my opinion, as always. :)

HollyP
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not particular if we do it in Garter stitch or something else, but I think that it is the "type" of blanket where one consistent pattern would look really nice, since there will be lots of colors. Just my opinion, as always. :)
I agree!

M&Ms arrived safely today! It looks great! I'll post pictures later my batteries are charging right now.

misha rf
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Holy cow! That was fast!

Shandeh
10-30-2008, 12:17 AM

The original plan is for us to do 3 inches each, in garter stitch. Three inches doesn't really leave much room for a different pattern anyway. :wink:

GennyLynn1962
10-30-2008, 08:04 AM
I got a call last night letting me know my nephew (18) was in a motor cycle accident. He has a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain. He was conscious last night so I'm hoping that's a good sign.
I would appreciate it if you all would add him to your prayer list, his name is Eric.

HollyP
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
:hug:Genny. I'll keep him in my prayers.

kellybigeyes
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Me too.:pray:

nephthys8
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Erics and Ericas have to stick together, dontcha know? I'll be praying for him as well. :hug:

MAmaDawn
10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
The original plan is for us to do 3 inches each, in garter stitch. Three inches doesn't really leave much room for a different pattern anyway. :wink:

Good point I hadn't thought of that....

I got a call last night letting me know my nephew (18) was in a motor cycle accident. He has a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain. He was conscious last night so I'm hoping that's a good sign.
I would appreciate it if you all would add him to your prayer list, his name is Eric.

Praying here too let us know when you hear anything

Shandeh
10-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I got a call last night letting me know my nephew (18) was in a motor cycle accident..............I would appreciate it if you all would add him to your prayer list, his name is Eric.
:heart: :pray: :heart:

I'm almost finished with the first 3 inches of the Crayola blanket. Let me know where it needs to be sent!

LBECK
10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
"Butterfly Kisses" will be ready to send out Monday. So who do I need to send it to. HollyP? If so I have her address. Just let me know. I am on the last few rows and I will be getting the border on tonight or tomorrow. I will post a pic as soon as I get it done or by Monday morning at least.

Then to get started on "GO USA" I am still stumped for a pattern and color I just can't make up my mind.

Genny, I am sorry to hear about your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers also.

I had to stop working on Butterfly Kisses for a few days because we had the baby over 3 nights in a row to spend the night. He keeps me pretty busy... I don't know how you girls with 2 or 3 little ones do much knitting. Plus, I had to make him a pair of Cowboy booties for his halloween costume. He is going to be a sheriff. I made a large size by my pattern and they are almost too small. :mrgreen: He has very large feet for a seven month old.

LBECK
10-31-2008, 07:26 AM
I almost forgot to say that it is going to be about mid November when I cast on for Camo. I have 2 baby blankets due. One by Nov. 8th and the other by the end of Nov. at least I hope I have until the end of Nov. for that one. Unless, they have a shower before that but this is her third baby so I don't think there will be a shower. Is that okay?

lizardknits
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
i would like to knit on Winter Wonderland as well.

MAmaDawn
10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
:heart: :pray: :heart:

I'm almost finished with the first 3 inches of the Crayola blanket. Let me know where it needs to be sent!

I'm next... wow I didn't even know you had started it....

"Butterfly Kisses" will be ready to send out Monday. So who do I need to send it to. HollyP? If so I have her address. Just let me know. I am on the last few rows and I will be getting the border on tonight or tomorrow. I will post a pic as soon as I get it done or by Monday morning at least.

Then to get started on "GO USA" I am still stumped for a pattern and color I just can't make up my mind.

Genny, I am sorry to hear about your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers also.

I had to stop working on Butterfly Kisses for a few days because we had the baby over 3 nights in a row to spend the night. He keeps me pretty busy... I don't know how you girls with 2 or 3 little ones do much knitting. Plus, I had to make him a pair of Cowboy booties for his halloween costume. He is going to be a sheriff. I made a large size by my pattern and they are almost too small. :mrgreen: He has very large feet for a seven month old.

Yup send it to Holly... my kids all have big feet too... my 3 year old is in size 11, yes 11 shoes! :noway:

I almost forgot to say that it is going to be about mid November when I cast on for Camo. I have 2 baby blankets due. One by Nov. 8th and the other by the end of Nov. at least I hope I have until the end of Nov. for that one. Unless, they have a shower before that but this is her third baby so I don't think there will be a shower. Is that okay?

That's fine... I think slowing up for the holidays is a good idea anyway.....

i would like to knit on Winter Wonderland as well.

Did you get a hair cut?

I'm not sure if it's full... Do we want to do 5 knitters knitting 5 inches each or 6 like normal?

lizardknits
10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
why, yes, I did get a haircut
on October 7th I had two ten inch ponytails chopped off
:)

kellybigeyes
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure if it's full... Do we want to do 5 knitters knitting 5 inches each or 6 like normal?

What are your thoughts, Dawn?

LBECK
10-31-2008, 05:07 PM

I suggest that we do 5 for 5 inches each because that way it would begin and end with blue and we could put a white border on it. But what ever every one else wants is fine with me.

Moxiemade
11-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I have a question...

Lately I have needed to drop out of this group because of unforseen time constraints with my new job. I'd love to help with some blankets but I never know what my schedule will be and when I'll be able to knit.

The first week of December I'll be on a cruise and would like a small project for the ride there and for bits of the cruise. I'd be happy to start another blanket during that time if there is a need for one. I hesitate signing up for another blanket in the middle somewhere for fear I'll not get it in time or keep it too long.

So if a blanket is needed to be started around then please let me know. If not I'll just bring along my dish-cloth making bag on the cruise. :)

MAmaDawn
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
why, yes, I did get a haircut
on October 7th I had two ten inch ponytails chopped off
:)

You gave to locks of love didn't you? I did that once too... that's awesome!

What are your thoughts, Dawn?

I'm ok either way...

I suggest that we do 5 for 5 inches each because that way it would begin and end with blue and we could put a white border on it. But what ever every one else wants is fine with me.

That sounds like a good reason to me, what does everyone else think... Just had an idea... do we want to make it 7 knitters at 4 inces each, that will make it end with the same color as it begins with... it will make it bigger, but I think (and correct me if I'm wrong Holly) that they can use any size blankets...

I have a question...

Lately I have needed to drop out of this group because of unforseen time constraints with my new job. I'd love to help with some blankets but I never know what my schedule will be and when I'll be able to knit.

The first week of December I'll be on a cruise and would like a small project for the ride there and for bits of the cruise. I'd be happy to start another blanket during that time if there is a need for one. I hesitate signing up for another blanket in the middle somewhere for fear I'll not get it in time or keep it too long.

So if a blanket is needed to be started around then please let me know. If not I'll just bring along my dish-cloth making bag on the cruise. :)

Sure you can start one then... if we need to wait to keep it going with the holidays that's fine, but you can still start it. I love the idea of you being able to knit with us. :)

Moxiemade
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, what I can do is start one and then just hang onto it until we are ready for more to be in circulation.

Any idea of which theme?

HollyP
11-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes they can use any size! I was at a craft fair today benefiting the hospital and actually met the volunteer coordinator( I feel so bad. I can't remember her name, Judy maybe). I introduced myself and was chatting with her for a while. She actually remembered my name from all the messages I left (I admit I do have a last name you don't hear everyday and I left quite a few messages!) She said something like you are one of those oddballs aren't you.:teehee: I said why yes I am. She has been following our blog. I didn't realize we had readers that were outside of our group. She was really interested in how big they were and I just happened to have M&Ms in my bag. I had brought it to work on while waiting for my constantly late friend. She(the coordinator) was raving over it! She said she has seen a lot of handmade blankets in her 15 years at the hospital but this was one of the best she had seen. She is really excited to see the others! I really can't wait to be able to donate them. I am truly honored to be a part of such a talented group! :muah:

MAmaDawn
11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, what I can do is start one and then just hang onto it until we are ready for more to be in circulation.

Any idea of which theme?

Which ever one you want to really... and that sounds like a good idea....

Yes they can use any size! I was at a craft fair today benefiting the hospital and actually met the volunteer coordinator( I feel so bad. I can't remember her name, Judy maybe). I introduced myself and was chatting with her for a while. She actually remembered my name from all the messages I left (I admit I do have a last name you don't hear everyday and I left quite a few messages!) She said something like you are one of those oddballs aren't you.:teehee: I said why yes I am. She has been following our blog. I didn't realize we had readers that were outside of our group. She was really interested in how big they were and I just happened to have M&Ms in my bag. I had brought it to work on while waiting for my constantly late friend. She(the coordinator) was raving over it! She said she has seen a lot of handmade blankets in her 15 years at the hospital but this was one of the best she had seen. She is really excited to see the others! I really can't wait to be able to donate them. I am truly honored to be a part of such a talented group! :muah:

That's so great! I'm glad that she is pleased with it and it's neat that she's following the blog.

Do we want to do 7 knitters then?

HollyP
11-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Seven sounds good to me! I would love to be the last knitter and do the border if it hasn't been taken yet.

kellybigeyes
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Seven sounds good to me too. I can start it any time. Does someone have any needles they can send or do I need to get some?

Shandeh
11-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I was at a craft fair today benefiting the hospital and actually met the volunteer coordinator.........She said something like you are one of those oddballs aren't you.:teehee: I said why yes I am. She has been following our blog. I didn't realize we had readers that were outside of our group.
Neat! :thumbsup:
Our project is becoming so popular, and is much bigger than I ever dreamed it would be. It just blows my mind! :noway:

MAmaDawn
11-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Seven sounds good to me! I would love to be the last knitter and do the border if it hasn't been taken yet.

OK I've added you (and you too lizardknits) but Lisa was already doing the last section and the border. Now this blanket has 7 knitters and a border!

Seven sounds good to me too. I can start it any time. Does someone have any needles they can send or do I need to get some?

I'll have some going out to you later this week, I'll be finishing up Jelly Bellies and send out that with Atlantic Waves the needles all at once.

Neat! :thumbsup:
Our project is becoming so popular, and is much bigger than I ever dreamed it would be. It just blows my mind! :noway:

I know it's very exciting!

misha rf
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Just realized I didn't post pics of M&Ms & Summer Olympics. Here they are:

kellybigeyes
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I'll have some going out to you later this week, I'll be finishing up Jelly Bellies and send out that with Atlantic Waves the needles all at once.

Are you saying I'm next on Jelly Bellies?

MAmaDawn
11-03-2008, 12:31 AM
No I'm sorry, just that I'm going to mail all 3 packages at the same time.... Sorry about that

LBECK
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Butterfly Kisses is on it's way to you Holly. The confirmation number is 0308 0660 0001 6884 2288.

Shandeh
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Those blankets look great! :muah:
I'm still working on the Autumn blanket. It's so pretty, I don't want to let it go! :teehee:

LBECK
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I have pics of Butterfly Kisses. I will post them in the morning. I don't have my camera handy at this moment. I am at my husband's office.

HollyP
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I finished my brown section on M&Ms! I am trying to decide what color would be best for the border. Any suggestions?? My Mom suggested purple since it used to be an M&M color and is now the wrapper color for the M&Ms dark. I might try it tonight and see how it looks. I am absolutely not afraid to frog:teehee:.
I finally got to Michaels for the cream yarn for cookies and cream. I'll be starting it tonight after I finish the border. I want to take it with me tomorrow to have something to do if I have to wait at the polls.

I can't wait to see Butterfly kisses!

Does anyone remember how many blankets Snowbear would collect before she donated? I was looking through the old thread but didn't see it mentioned.

Shandeh
11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't know either. I think she just waited until she had about 10. But we don't have to do that, I don't think. You ladies can do whatever you want.

HollyP
11-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Actually 10 was the number I was thinking too! It might actually be a good timing too. When I was speaking the the coordinator the other day she was talking about the lull in giving after the holidays and how great it was that we were year round.

Is 10 OK with everyone else?

MAmaDawn
11-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Excited to see it Lisa...

10 sounds good to me.

LBECK
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Okay, here it is. I hope everyone likes it. 10 sounds good to me.

misha rf
11-04-2008, 10:44 AM
That is gorgeous!! :inlove:

And 10 sounds good to me, too.

MAmaDawn
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
It looks wonderful!

kellybigeyes
11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Butterfly Kisses is BEAUTIFUL!!! I feel so blessed to be able to work with such a wonderful group of people. And I am so thankful that I was able to work on such a stunning blanket.

nephthys8
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Butterfly Kisses turned out BEAUTIFUL!

HollyP
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Butterfly kisses made it here safely today.:woot: I wish you all could see it in person it is even more lovely than the picture ! :yay:Well done everyone!! Lisa the border is perfect! I love the yarn you used that picked up every color used in the blanket!

Moxiemade
11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Butterfly Kisses looks SO wonderful!! Great job everyone! It's so cool, all quilty!

LBECK
11-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Thank you all, I also loved this blanket. I think it is my favorite that I have worked on so far. I adore the butterfly stitch so much that I am making one for one of my co workers it will be all pink though. I think she will love it to. The border yarn is the same one I used for Pastel Rainbow I really like it for border it turns out really nice.

Shandeh
11-06-2008, 05:29 AM
:thud: STUNNING!!!! :inlove: :inlove:
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/manimals7.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/manimals20.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/manimals7.gif

MAmaDawn
11-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Sandy I like the butterflies there, that's cute!

We need 2 more knitters and someone to do the border on Camo... I'm going to post this on Rav too... let me know if you want to knit on it or do the border....

Thanks everyone

And :grphug: it's wonderful to work with all of you. I am just so happy to see these blankets grow and I know that they will really touch the hearts of the children and their parents.

nephthys8
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
We need 2 more knitters and someone to do the border on Camo... I'm going to post this on Rav too... let me know if you want to knit on it or do the border...

Do we have a Rav group?

MAmaDawn
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Do we have a Rav group?

Yup and I just invited you to it...

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/oddball-charity-knitters

and that's it there....

Moxiemade
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm just doing a little planning ahead. This blanket that I'll start in December, would you all like one with a certain pattern used throughout (like butterfly kisses and atlantic waves) or would you like one where we each pick our own stitch pattern?

I need a little more guidance than, "whatever you want to do". k thanks! :)

MAmaDawn
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I finished Jelly Bellies.... here is it

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1901.jpg

I actually knitted more than 4 inches... but I don't want to undo it... I hate to frog, and didn't think it would hurt for it be a little bigger... at least it's not too small. ;)

Kelly I'm sending out the needle to you too and Atlantic Waves to you Holly.

Just want to remind everyone that's starting a blanket to include the instruction sheet with it... I've attached it here as pdf and doc, if you need help with using them just let me know...

Make sure you change the number on the sheet to the number you cast on.

kellybigeyes
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I see on the blog that M&M's is finished. Does anyone have a picture of it completed?

MAmaDawn
11-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm just doing a little planning ahead. This blanket that I'll start in December, would you all like one with a certain pattern used throughout (like butterfly kisses and atlantic waves) or would you like one where we each pick our own stitch pattern?

I need a little more guidance than, "whatever you want to do". k thanks! :)

Why don't we do one where everyone can pick their own. With not many going I think that would be best.

As far as which one I'd pick one that matches the yarn you have, unless you want to go buy more then you could go look at the yarn at the store buy one and pick a name that fits it (or make one up, or we can all try to make one up)...

HollyP
11-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought I posted yesterday about M&M's being finished but I don't see the post today:?? I must have hit preview instead of send. I am at school right now but will post a picture of M&Ms when I get home. I tried to upload the pictures today & yesterday at school during a break but I was having such big issues with blogger and the school internet, I didn't even try to upload it here.

Dawn, jelly bellies looks great!
I'd love to the border on Camo. If you don't get any other knitters soon I will do the last section also. But I really don't want anyone to get left out!

Moxiemade, I agree with letting everyone do their own pattern.:thumbsup:

HollyP
11-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone! Dawn, Atlantic waves arrived here today.
Here are the pictures of M&Ms as promised
Before the borderhttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/3013465129_bb27c734fe_m.jpg

Here is a picture of it complete. It looks a little wonky because I didn't smooth out the wrinkles in my comforter.:oops: It is flat and unwavy! I used simply soft multi and two rows of half double crochet. This picture is a much better picture of the colors.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/3013465251_cbdc89d990.jpg

Shandeh
11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Beautiful! The border looks a LOT like M&M's!!

kellybigeyes
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
The M&M Blanket looks wonderful. I feel so lucky to have been the one to start such a great blanket. :woot: GO South East!!!:cheering:

HollyP
11-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks! My border was completely inspired by Lisa's border on Butterfly kisses! I'm completely sold on multicolored yarn for a border when no other variegated yarn has been used! I really love the way you can find a yarn with a few of the colors used in the blanket and it just really pulls it all together.

MAmaDawn
11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
M&M's looks wonderful and I agree variegated yarn looks great for the borders.... :inlove:

We have an opening on Jelly Bellies, we need one more knitter... who would like to knit this spot?

And all the stuff I was sending out went out with so the needles should be there soon Kelly and Jelly Bellies should be at your house soon Brenda...

kellybigeyes
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Dawn... I actually got the needles and the yarn today. I was totally suprised. Thanks so much for the yarn. I was not expecting that at all. I really appreciate it. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Caron SS. :teehee: I will get started this week on Winter Wonderland. Thanks again!!:muah:

Howdovely
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Jelly Bellies should be at your house soon Brenda...

I received Jelly Bellies today!!! Thank you so much for the yarn, you are right, it will make the perfect scarf!!! Thank you also for the journal.

I can't wait to start on this one!

MAmaDawn
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Dawn... I actually got the needles and the yarn today. I was totally suprised. Thanks so much for the yarn. I was not expecting that at all. I really appreciate it. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Caron SS. :teehee: I will get started this week on Winter Wonderland. Thanks again!!:muah:

:yay: Glad you like it.. and that you were surprised... I like surprising people... :teehee: And I have LOTS Caron SS, and can get it really easy if you need anymore I'll be happy to send you some more.

I think Winter Wonderland is going to be a very pretty blanket.

I received Jelly Bellies today!!! Thank you so much for the yarn, you are right, it will make the perfect scarf!!! Thank you also for the journal.

I can't wait to start on this one!

I'm glad you like the yarn and the journal... Excited to see your addition to Jelly Bellies

misha rf
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
M&M's looks wonderful and I agree variegated yarn looks great for the borders.... :inlove:

We have an opening on Jelly Bellies, we need one more knitter... who would like to knit this spot?

And all the stuff I was sending out went out with so the needles should be there soon Kelly and Jelly Bellies should be at your house soon Brenda...

I can do it, if you don't have anyone yet.

And M&Ms looks fantastic!!!

MAmaDawn
11-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I can do it, if you don't have anyone yet.

And M&Ms looks fantastic!!!

Misha, ty, but you are already one it.... :teehee:

MAmaDawn
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
We have a new member... Welcome Mrs P! :grphug:

She going to knit on Jelly Bellies and Camo so we just need one more knitter for Camo.:cheering:

HollyP
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
:waving:Welcome Mrs.P !!! I'm so glad you joined us!!

misha rf
11-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Misha, ty, but you are already one it.... :teehee:

:chair:

Yeah, that sounds about right for me these days. :rofl:

MrsP
11-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks!! I am so excited to help out!! My daughter was born 10 weeks premature in May of 2006 and I have wanted to do something to give back to other parents some of the love and support that we received during our time in the NICU. Today she is a healthy and active 2 year old - you would never know to look at her that she was premature!

I am a new knitter and I was overwhelmed at the idea of making a whole blanket, so I am really excited to work with you ladies!!! I can't wait to get my first blanket to work on!!

Thanks!!
Amanda

LBECK
11-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Welcome MrsP! Glad to have you aboard. This is sooo much fun. I remember waiting on my first blanket. I was so anxious I could hardly stand it.

nephthys8
11-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks!! I am so excited to help out!! My daughter was born 10 weeks premature in May of 2006 and I have wanted to do something to give back to other parents some of the love and support that we received during our time in the NICU. Today she is a healthy and active 2 year old - you would never know to look at her that she was premature!

I am a new knitter and I was overwhelmed at the idea of making a whole blanket, so I am really excited to work with you ladies!!! I can't wait to get my first blanket to work on!!

Thanks!!
Amanda

Hi Amanda! I have only been knitting for 3 months, so I am still pretty new at this myself. I have started working on a couple of things in the round, but haven't finished any of them yet. Knitting on a baby blanket should be perfect for the both of us because doing one section doesn't seem as intimidating to me. Welcome to our fun little group!:hug:

kellybigeyes
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome MrsP!! We are so glad to have you!! You will love our group.

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 04:55 AM
Welcome, Amanda! :hug:

MrsP
11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks! You are right, I can't wait to get started on my part of the blankets!! I have been working on a couple of the mini stockings for the troops, but they are kind of slow going for me - I am not using the pattern that they gave because I have never knit anything in the round, so I found a pattern to do them flat. And, I am really excited to work on the blanket - I hope that it will give me the confidence to try one on my own! :-)
Amanda

LBECK
11-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks! You are right, I can't wait to get started on my part of the blankets!! I have been working on a couple of the mini stockings for the troops, but they are kind of slow going for me - I am not using the pattern that they gave because I have never knit anything in the round, so I found a pattern to do them flat. And, I am really excited to work on the blanket - I hope that it will give me the confidence to try one on my own! :-)
Amanda

I am sure it will. I have done so many things since I joined this group that I don't think I would have even attempted if I hadn't joined them. This is really a good group of people if you need help they are ALWAYS willing to help. And in other parts of this forum too.

MrsP
11-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi Ladies!! I haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet, so forgive me if it is posted in there somewhere! I saw on the blog that there is a list printed for Jelly Bellies - which is awesome because now I know I long I have to wait!! :p

I was just wondering what the list of knitters looked like for the Camo blankie? Not that I am rushing anyone! :teehee:

Thanks!!!

Amanda

MAmaDawn
11-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Camo list
LBECK
knitgirl2007
Misha rf
Mrs P
blkirback
HollyP
Border HollyP

HollyP is actually the one that's keeping the blog up for us... and honestly I couldn't do all that she does with it, thank you Holly...

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Thank you, MamaDawn and HollyP!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

HollyP
11-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks Dawn! Honestly it is no problem! I've been a little behind on updating the blog lately. School is getting in the way of everything! It's getting close to the end of the semester with all the typical end of the semester push and craziness. I have to keep reminding myself that I went back to school to get a better job and that I will someday be out of school.

MAmaDawn
11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks Dawn! Honestly it is no problem! I've been a little behind on updating the blog lately. School is getting in the way of everything! It's getting close to the end of the semester with all the typical end of the semester push and craziness. I have to keep reminding myself that I went back to school to get a better job and that I will someday be out of school.

Ha ha ha! I understand that! You really have been doing a great job at it, I honestly haven't noticed that you've been behind...

blkirback
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I finally made it back to the south! Three weeks in Michigan is just way too cold this time of year. I see I missed a lot while I was gone. The blankets look wonderful! I also can't wait to start working on some more. I'm very excited about it. I think I might even try a different stitch or something, well on the one that isn't garter stitch.

Welcome MrsP. I'm sure that you will do wonderful on the blankets. I haven't been knitting too long either and have had a wonderful time working with this extraordinary group of people. They are a great bunch.

Well, time to find something new to knit. And post some pictures of things that I finished while up north. I actually did a duplicate stitch pattern on two blankets! I was so proud of myself for trying something new and doing it!

Shandeh
11-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Welcome back! :hug:

MrsP
11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks!! I didn't mean to be pushy!!:aww: I think ya'll are doing a great job keeping everyone informed!!! :cheering: I'm just so excited to work on my first blanket!!:happydance:

Amanda

Oh - how do I get that group icon thing under my name?? :-)

MAmaDawn
11-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks!! I didn't mean to be pushy!!:aww: I think ya'll are doing a great job keeping everyone informed!!! :cheering: I'm just so excited to work on my first blanket!!:happydance:

Amanda

Oh - how do I get that group icon thing under my name?? :-)

I didn't think you were being pushy, I'm sorry it came off that way... I tried to reword it cuz I was afraid of that. You saying you saw it on the blog just reminded me how impressed I am at the wonderful job that Holly is doing

And to get the button you enable you sig line under user seting, (that's up at the top) and there is a spot that you can check and upload the pic from you computer or you can put it directly in your sig line.

To get the img on your computer right click and choose save as, then pic where you want it...

If you need more help, let us know... that's kinda basic directions....

HollyP
11-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

:waving:Amanda, I didn't think you were being pushy at all! Asking questions is not pushy. Wasn't it the Home Depot that used to say you have questions we've got answers? That could be our motto too!:teehee: I much rather people ask questions than be confused and or frustrated.

I am almost done with cookies and cream. I decided to end it with a cookie. It just didn't look right to me ending in cream. It now has 7 sections alternating brown and cream. I'll do a cream border tonight. It reminds me of the oh so delicious white chocolate covered Oreos mmm. I'll have pictures soon.

MrsP
11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi!!

I thought I was computer savvy, but evidently I am not as smart as I thought I was! I saved the pic from your signature to my desk top and then I went to user settings and edit signature and down to the part where you upload from your computer. But, when I clicked to do it, it said that the file was too big! It was like 11.5 kb and it can't be more than like 9.8 (or something similar). I tried to compress it like I do with pictures, but it wouldn't let me and when I tried to resize it smaller, it made it blurry. I am confused!!

The cookies and cream blanket sounds gorgeous! It makes me crave oreos just thinking about it!! Ha!

Thanks!

Shandeh
11-18-2008, 05:52 AM
how do I get that group icon thing under my name?? :-)
I saved the pic from your signature to my desk top and then I went to user settings and edit signature and down to the part where you upload from your computer. But, when I clicked to do it, it said that the file was too big!
You might want to save the file as a ".jpg" file instead. Those are usually smaller than the bitmap files.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

MrsP
11-18-2008, 08:55 AM
You might want to save the file as a ".jpg" file instead. Those are usually smaller than the bitmap files.

I looked at the picture I had saved and it was already a .jpg, but I looked around and saved another one that was smaller and I think it worked. I guess I will see for sure when I post this message! :-) Thank you for the help!!

MAmaDawn
11-18-2008, 10:37 AM
:cheering: it worked!

I was trying to figure out what you could do, it had me stumped... smart idea to try another one....

Shandeh
11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Glad you figured it out! :thumbsup:

MAmaDawn
11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Crayons Blanket arrived and I'm more than 1/2 done with it already... (gotta love Garter Stitch! ;))

It looks great and I'll post pics when I'm done...

Thank you for the pattern, and it has my size in it YEAH!

MrsP
11-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Ladies!!

How are you?? Noone had posted on the thread for a while, and it seemed so sad, so I thought I would just check in to see how everything is going! I have been working on my mini stocking garland - I have M-E-R-R-Y done and that was exciting! Well, I still have to sew up the seams, so they aren't completely done yet! Only 9 more to go!! But, sometimes, I get so caught up reading the forum stuff that I don't have much time to knit!!

I hope you have a great weekend! I am finding this cold snap really makes me want to knit!!

MAmaDawn
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
The cold is doing the same for me, that and makes me want soup...

We put a contract in on a house and it's been accepted and had our home inspection today! It went really well... no major issues! :cheering:

We're hoping to move the week of the 8th...

Oh and we have a view of the mountains from our bedroom! And there's a fireplace in our bedroom and we have a master bath (never had that before!) So I'm excited... now the packing part, that's not exciting....

MrsP
11-22-2008, 08:41 AM
The cold is doing the same for me, that and makes me want soup...

:roflhard: I cooked a big pot of chilli this week AND a big pot of soup!!! :roflhard:

Congratulations on your new house! I know how excited you must be! There are some great deals out there if you can afford to snatch them up - we bought our house right before the bottom fell out of the market, so we will be here for quite a while!!! Make sure that you leave out your knitting until the end so you can relax during the breaks from packing!! Plus, you will want something to keep you busy when you are trying to avoid all those boxes!! When I did it, I tried to just focus on one room at a time. Pack as much as you don't need in that room before moving on to the next room. We designated a particular spot to put the packed boxes so they wouldn't be in the way all the time and they were closer to where we had to load them.

Congratulations!! Good luck!!:muah:

HollyP
11-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Congratulations Dawn!!:happydance: How exciting! That sounds like the perfect house to me. I would love a fireplace in the master and a mountain view. Well actually I would love any kind of view. I live in a neighborhood were the only view I get is my neighbors' yards. Are your kids excited about the move? When I was little I loved moving( Dad was Air Force). I always thought one of these moves I'll get my own room. :teehee:

Amanda, I agree the thread does seem sad when no one is posting! I was actually coming to do the same thing you did.

I am loving this cold weather! It is really helping me get into the holiday spirit. I think there is nothing worse than buying a turkey and knowing you are going to have it in the oven almost all day when it is warm outside. It also makes me want to knit more which is never a bad thing. I have a few Christmas presents otn. One is a stocking for my Mom that went horribly wrong. I was using magic loop and was pulling too tightly at the joins. It has a line of tight stitches running down the center front and back. I've tried everything to fix it and nothing is working, so I will be frogging sometime this afternoon. I am really glad I didn't take me long to knit it otherwise I would be heartbroken.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

MrsP
11-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I am loving this cold weather! It is really helping me get into the holiday spirit. I think there is nothing worse than buying a turkey and knowing you are going to have it in the oven almost all day when it is warm outside.

I am feeling really Christmassy too!! I tried to talk DH into putting up the Christmas decorations, but he wasn't going for it. So, I have to wait a little while longer - we will probably do it next weekend though!! And, we did a big chunk of our Christmas shopping this morning and that was great!

But, now we are home and I am excited to work on my knitting - I am thinking about taking a break from the mini stockings and working on a scarf for a friend. I bought some Lion's brand Wool Ease n White Frost - it is white with like a bit of clear something going through it so, it looks slightly ...sparkly...and I am thinking about doing it with a blue fun fur yarn. I have never done two strands together though, so I will have to see how it goes! Any advice?

MAmaDawn
11-23-2008, 08:25 AM
That sounds like it will be really pretty! I'd use the biggest needle I had.... at least a 13 if not get a 15 if I didn't have one. Knitting with 2 really isn't hard, the big needle is more for the fun fur than the fact that you are using 2

Howdovely
11-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I was wondering what everyone was up to since it was so quiet in here! We are having a cold spell too, and i actually woke up to snow on Friday. It had been YEARS since i remember it snowing here. Definetly makes for some nice knitting and crock pot weather! Speaking of which, i'm almost done with Jelly Bellies.

We are finally getting into the Christmas spirit too! Randall and I went yesterday to pull two names off the Angel Tree at the Mall. And THEN we went and bought 16 coats for the Salvation Army to give away to the needy. I had heard that they had run out of coats for the first time (and it's just beginning to get cold.) We had planned on going to see Trans-Siberian Orchesta this past Friday night but just before I purchased tickets, I heard about the 'Give a Kid a Coat' not having many left.

Honestly, how could I spend $100 on tickets to a show I didn't need to see when people don't have coats? Randall matched my $100 and off we went to the mall instead of the show.

I don't want you all to think I'm tooting my own horn, but it was a good reminder to me to realize that I have a lot more than some do. Like, a roof, a bed and warmth. Not to mention food and clothes. Whenever you walk by the Red Kettle with the bell ringer, please try to put whatever you can in. Even pocket change adds up to a meal......

Thanks guys!

HollyP
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Brenda that is such a great idea! The TSO concerts are cool but I am sure you got so much more satisfaction out of buying the coats for kids!

kellybigeyes
11-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone... I haven't posted in the forum lately. We have had a lot of things going on. My little girl (18 months) has been very sick for the past few days. We had her at the doctor Thursday, Friday and Saturday. She is been running 103+ fever since Wed. I was going to the Dr Thurs myself (for sinus mess) so I took her with me. She had a double ear infection and a red throat (no strep). I should go ahead and mention that we have no pediatrician in the small town that I live in. The closest and best one is an hour away. Our family doctor is the one she saw. I got her meds filled and she got in 2 doses of antibiotic Thursday. Thursday night she vomited once and Friday morning she got sick 3 times. This whole time her fever was staying around 103. I could not get it to come down. So Friday morning we head to the ped dr an hour away. He seemed to think that she has some type of bacterial infection but since she had 2 doses of antibiotic on Thursday... that messed all of the tests up. So he decided to treat her for a bacterial infection. She got a shot of antibiotic also. Yesterday morning she woke up with a fever of 104.8. I FREAKED out!! I called the dr office which is open until 12 on Sat... and they said to get her there ASAP... so we drove with the flashers on. They gave her another shot of antibiotic and I have to start on on antibiotic by mouth tonight. She has not gotten sick since Friday morning... she the dr thinks the first antibiotic is what was making her sick. So we have stopped that all together. She is also cutting teeth in all of this. We were up with her for about 3 hours last night and it is now 10:40 am and she is still asleep. Hopefully she will feel better soon. I said ALL of THIS to say.... I haven't gotten around to starting Winter Wonderland yet. Hopefully I will get to start it this week. I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been keeping a check on the forum but I just haven't had time to post. Please keep us in your prayers. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for listening to me ramble. :teehee:

Howdovely
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Wow!! I hope she is on the road to recovery soon!!! You must have been freakin' big time!

Don't apologize for that either. Family comes first.

Shandeh
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone! I'll be checking in here occasionally, but not posting that many messages. It's the busiest time of the year for me as a church musician. So, just remember that I'll be reading and will continue to care for you all!
:muah:

MAmaDawn
11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
OH Kelly... don't worry about the blanket... start it when you can. I', praying for her and you too...

Brenda I didn't think you were tooting your horn and you are right. It's awesome that you were able to help so many others!

I'll check with the next knitter for Jelly Bellies...

LBECK
11-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey all,

I have been away for about a week, my DH had some health problems that started on Monday evening. Turns out that he had what the Dr. called a Threatened heart attack. Not a full blown heart attack because there was no damage to the heart. He had three places where there were blockages and the Dr. put in 2 stents. He is okay now, just a little sore from the angiogram.

On to business. I have finished with GO USA but I forgot to bring it with me so that I could get it in the mail today. I will try to remember tomorrow. I started on CAMO while I was at the hospital for 3 days and finished my 4" only to find out when looking over it that I had forgotten to begin with 3 knit rows. :wall: So I frogged it and am now redoing. The yarn that I got looked like camoflage but when I got to working with it wasn't camo at all just good colors for it. I hope it will be okay. I will post a wip of it and see what you all think. If it is too far off I will get some more yarn. Don't worry about telling me it isn't good for this blanket either because I love the yarn and I WILL find something to make with it. :wink:

MrsP
11-24-2008, 09:38 AM
My goodness!! I will say prayers for everyone! :grphug:

Kelly, I just hate it that your daughter is so sick!! I know how stressful that is, and it just breaks your heart to see them sick like that!

Lisa, I am SO glad that it was just a "Threatened" heart attack instead of a full blown one! I know it must have been really scary for you anyway!

Brenda, I think it is totally awesome that you went and bought coats! I love to go to concerts and shows, but we haven't been able to do much of that lately. I didn't feel like you were tooting your own horn about it! You were just sharing what was going on with you! :thumbsup:

We had a nice weekend, we got some Christmas shopping done and then we had a potluck get together yesterday with some of my DHs coworkers and that was fun. My dd is doing GREAT with the potty training! She went the whole weekend without an accident!! She even when to the bathroom out in public 2 times!!! It was awesome! We are totally making progress! She tells us that she has to go about 3/4 of the time and the other times we ask her if it is time. I am thinking about trying just the big girl panties instead of the pullups, but I am still afraid for my furniture!!

I started my 2 strand scarf last night - I really like it, but DH thought it was "weird!" I am using my size 13's they are the biggest ones I have! :teehee:

I hope that everything calms down so everyone can have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

MAmaDawn
11-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Lisa praying for you dh, I'm glad too that it wasn't a full heart attack... glad that the blockages were found before that happened.

Amanda it does sound like she's ready for big girl panties... that's wonderful!

I like us all keeping in touch here... it's nice.

misha rf
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I'll just do :hug: and :grphug: for all y'all with things going on. And I hope everything ends up ok!

And Dawn, congrats on your house! The moving part is just so much...fun. You never know how much stuff you have until it's time to move it all! I must say, I've been in the same place for about a year & a half now...it's almost a record!

LBECK
11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
I was in a hurry yesterday when I posted and failed to tell you all that I will be praying for you all too.

Kelly, I hope your dd is better soon.

Dawn, congrats on your new house.

Amanda, Yeah for the potty training, I know that can be really stressful for mom.

Brenda, I think it is wonderful that you have such a big heart. This world could use a lot more people like you. It really touches my heart to hear those kind of stories. So, as far as I am concerned you can toot your horn anytime:teehee:.

LBECK
11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Here are pics of Go USA. Hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend.

I will be sending it out today hopefully, so HollyP be looking for it next week.

MAmaDawn
11-26-2008, 10:41 AM
That looks great everyone! Nice job Lisa on the border! And thanks for posting a pic

kellybigeyes
11-26-2008, 11:20 AM
GO USA looks GREAT!!! :yay:

Howdovely
11-26-2008, 12:54 PM
LOVE the way it came out! The border looks perfect!

Shandeh
11-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Excellent! Everything fits together well on the Go USA blanket!
:heart: :woohoo: :heart:
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif

HollyP
11-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Go USA! turned out even better than I imagined it would! Well done everyone!!:yay: The border is awesome Lisa!! I'll let you know when it gets here.

ETA I just updated the blog with the picture and the answers to Mrs.P 's questionnaire.

kellybigeyes
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. I just wanted to let you all know that I started Winter Wonderland. For those of you that would like to be thinking of what stitch pattern you would like to use....I cast on 110 stitches. Since there are 7 knitters, I thought it should be a little wider. I'll let you know when I get it finished.

MrsP
11-29-2008, 09:06 AM
That is so cute!!!! Ya'll did a GREAT job!!! :-) Now I am even more excited for my turn!!! My sister came for Thanksgiving, and I put some knitting needles in her hands and she has been helping me with my mini stocking garland! :-) She used to knit, but she is more of a crochet-er. I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

blkirback
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Crayons arrived today! Thank you so much for the yarn it's lovely, I can't wait to use it, I have the perfect idea for it! I'm going to go today to buy some yarn to work on it. It's raining out so I won't be working on it today but the next sunny day I will be sitting outside working on it, hopefully tomorrow.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This was the first year for me that I wasn't with all of my family for it, but we just couldn't afford to drive 1100 miles to go to dinner. Instead we put up our Christmas tree...:??

I hope that everyone's families are doing better, I've been praying for everyone. And I'm sorry I haven't written anything things have been crazy busy here trying to get everything in order for the store and with the holidays it's just a busy time of year.

The blankets look wonderful! I'm glad to see all of the hard work from everyone paying off in such beautiful blankets. I can't wait to see what else is to come of them!

LBECK
12-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey all,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. Ours was really good. My dd came home for 4 days (very unusual for her) and we all we shopping on Black Friday. I will NEVER do that again. I got in a lot of knitting and crocheting over the weekend. I finished two beanies, one scarf, and got half way through a baby blanket. That was quite a lot I think.

DH is doing very well. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

I will be starting CAMO soon. I got a different yarn over the weekend. I will post a pic as soon as I get it ready to send.

Howdovely
12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi all! Our Holiday was very quiet - just the way I like it! We didn't even have any turkey, how funny is that?? It wound up just being the two of us, so instead of deep frying a turkey again, we went to Golden Corral instead.

I did a lot of relaxing over the four days but didn't get in as much knitting as I would have liked. I did however, finally finish my part of Jelly Bellies, so I will get that in the mail. Unfortunately I walked out of the house without it this morning, but I may go home at lunch and get it, then stop at the post office.

I'll post a picture before I mail it.

misha rf
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Go USA looks awesome!!!

I can't wait to get Chocolate Mint!! I heard that I'm next!! :happydance:

MAmaDawn
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanksgiving was nice here, but busy... It was just use 5... but I made a HUGE dinner, we've been eating it ever since, but I made enough that we aren't getting sick of it yet... we got a lot of packing and getting ready to move done.

Yesterday I stubbed my toe and it's swollen so much that I think I broke it... could you all pray that it heals before we have to move...

I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good Thanksgiving... and that you liked the yarn I sent, blkirback...

misha rf
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
OK, I feel weird for posting this, but at the same time, I feel like I'm holding out on y'all. (Why yes, I'm weird like that.)

I'm going to be on Jeopardy! this week (http://www.jeopardy.com/showguide_thisweek.php). Seriously! If you're so inclined, you can watch Thursday to see how I do. :rofl:

MAmaDawn
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
OK, I feel weird for posting this, but at the same time, I feel like I'm holding out on y'all. (Why yes, I'm weird like that.)

I'm going to be on Jeopardy! this week (http://www.jeopardy.com/showguide_thisweek.php). Seriously! If you're so inclined, you can watch Thursday to see how I do. :rofl:

That is soooo cool! I don't have cable so I can't watch but my in laws watch it everyday... I'll tell them about you being on it....

Shandeh
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Yesterday I stubbed my toe and it's swollen so much that I think I broke it... could you all pray that it heals before we have to move...
:pray: You poor thing. :pout:

Yay! You're not a BIT weird! If I were ever on a game show, I would immediately be in here telling EVERYONE about it! Your video clip on the Jeopardy website is wonderful - you're very comfortable in front of a camera. :thumbsup:

I'm here to confess that I'm STILL not finished with the Autumn blanket. I've been working on it....very slowly....in the midst of all my other projects. I'm such a bad example. :teehee:

Shandeh
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Our Holiday was very quiet - just the way I like it! We didn't even have any turkey, how funny is that?? It wound up just being the two of us, so instead of deep frying a turkey again, we went to Golden Corral....
Ours was quiet too. My oldest son came to have a light lunch with us, and we watched "Galaxy Quest" together. Our lunch was grilled chicken and salad. :wink:

We had the big Thanksgiving meal at my mom's for supper.

MrsP
12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
WOW!! Jeopardy!! That is so cool!!! :woohoo: I will have to put it on my DVR list!!! That is awesome! I would be telling everyone too! I'm glad you told us! If we missed it because we didn't know, I am sure we would be sad!!

I am so sorry to hear about your toe!! I KNOW how bad that hurts! I did it really bad a couple of years ago, and it is one of the most painful places you can get hurt!! :waah: ry and take it easy so that you will be all healed for moving!

I didn't get to do as much knitting this weekend as I hoped. I did 2 of my mini stockings, but I still have 3 1/2 to go. -- Writing that realize that I shouldn't be complaining! Since I have 11 done!!! :-)

I am going out of town for a few days this week, so I am hoping to get to work on my knitting while I am gone- I won't have to clean or cook! :-)

Happy Knitting, Everyone!! :muah:

HollyP
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Go USA! is here!!! Lisa the stickers you included with it are so cute!

Michele, that is sooooooooooo cool that you are going to be on Jeopardy! I'm a huge Jeopardy fan. I'll definitely be watching.

Dawn, I hope your toe heals quickly!

Sandy, don't feel too badly about Autumn Leaves. We all understand! I'm still working very slowly on Cookies and Cream. My Christmas knitting to do list is getting shorter and shorter while the blanket sits in my knitting bag.

Mrs.P, you'll have to show us a picture of your stocking garland when it is finished. I'm sure it will be really cute! I keep thinking about doing one myself but just haven't found the time. Maybe for next year!

My Thanksgiving was nice and quiet. My sister and brother joined Mom and myself. We had planned on having about 12 people but ended up with only 4 of us due to people having the flu. In the end I was so grateful that we had anyone come. Of course we had enough turkey and sides to feed 12 so I am in leftover city!

nephthys8
12-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted the folks here to know that Summer Olympics arrived yesterday evening at work for me. In fact, if I hadn't been working overtime, I wouldn't have gotten it until this morning, so that was good luck. :) I don't have any yarn to do my part on this blanket yet, but I plan to pop out to the craft store tonight and pick some up so that I can get cracking.

In other news, I am almost done with my afghan squares project for the Ravelry exchange I am doing! :cheering: I have about 1.5" left to knit on the last block and then I am DONE! I am excited to put all of the squares that I have recieved together, but I am tired of knitting squares to send out... I'm ready to dedicate myself to socks and my chairity knitting for a little while. :happydance:

nephthys8
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm going to PM Dawn, too, but I have a question that is super important:

Is there a list somewhere of yarn brands we can use for these projects? I wanted to go out tonight and get some yarn (hopefully, anyway), but I'm not sure what to get. Reading the beginning of the thread, it only said "soft and washable"... help?

Much :heart: to those who respond quickly so I can buy some yarn after work. :thumbsup:

MrsP
12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I did a little looking and found this in one of the "sticky" messages - I hope it helps!! :-) I don't know if I have posted the link right, so I will double check! :-)

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106246&postcount=4

nephthys8
12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I did a little looking and found this in one of the "sticky" messages - I hope it helps!! :-) I don't know if I have posted the link right, so I will double check! :-)

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106246&postcount=4

Yup! Thank you!

I actually found the same list on the Ravelry group after doing some more digging. I can never get the search function to work right in forums like these (I just end up with a million hits or none at all), so I wasn't having much luck before. Anyway, I copied down all of the yarn brands and will be heading off to AC Moore and/or Michael's tonight after work.

ETA: Haha, I just checked and was reminded that I'm doing the border for Summer Olympics, too. This is certainly going to be interesting to say the least!

LBECK
12-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Go USA! is here!!! Lisa the stickers you included with it are so cute!

I would love to take credit for those cute little stickers but they were with the blankie when I got it. I do not know who put them in.

kellybigeyes
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Brenda... I just wanted to see if you have mailed Jelly Bellies yet? I am in no hurry, I just want to make sure that I don't miss it. We may be going out of town, so I will need to make sure that someone gets my mail. Just let me know. Thanks so much.

Howdovely
12-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Brenda... I just wanted to see if you have mailed Jelly Bellies yet? I am in no hurry, I just want to make sure that I don't miss it. We may be going out of town, so I will need to make sure that someone gets my mail. Just let me know. Thanks so much.

I'm so bad, no I haven't gotten it in the mail. Will try tomorrow - but will definitely post a note when I do. I have three packages that have been needing to be mailed, and here they sit....

LBECK
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
"CAMO" has been cast on and my part is done. I went to the blog and it is not listed yet or I couldn't find it. I am sorry but I do not have a list of who is on this blanket. So Dawn could you please let me know who is next and see if they are ready for it. If they are too busy with christmas I can wait until they let me know to send it out.

I will post a pic, maybe tomorrow if I have time. I did make a card and here is a pic of it.

MAmaDawn
12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I checked with the next knitter for Camo.... the card looks GREAT!

HollyP
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
"CAMO" has been cast on and my part is done. I went to the blog and it is not listed yet or I couldn't find it..
Thanks for letting me know I thought I had posted it but had saved it as a draft instead. It is now up on the blog. The card is really great! I'm jealous of the amazing card making abilities in this group!:notworthy:

Michele, I can't wait to see you on Jeopardy tonight! I think I have told just about everyone I know that you will be on.

misha rf
12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to see me, either. Well, yes I can. I'm so nervous that I'll look like a total dweeb!!

Howdovely
12-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to see me, either. Well, yes I can. I'm so nervous that I'll look like a total dweeb!!
OMG! I forgot to record it! Let me log on to my TiVo account right now and set it up!

kellybigeyes
12-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Michele... I saw you on TV today. :cheering: You were great!! I won't give anything away about the show for those of you that haven't watched yet.

misha rf
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you! :aww:

Howdovely
12-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I saw you! I saw you! I TiVo'd it and just got done watching!

Is your hobby (besides knitting of course) reading encyclopedias?? lol. Good job!

misha rf
12-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Thank you!

Ummm...when I was little, I did. Really!

HollyP
12-05-2008, 01:10 AM
:yay:Michele it was so fun to watch you! You did great! Totally not dweeb like at all!!! I loved your interview with Alex. Is he as nice in person as he seems on TV? So, you have to tell us what did you use your winnings for? A yarn spree??

Shandeh
12-05-2008, 11:32 AM
http://ammetaka.no/forum/images/smiles/gaah.gif
I'm SOOOOO mad!!! I didn't get to watch it, because I was busy playing piano at choir practice. :verysad:

OMG! I forgot to record it! Let me log on to my TiVo account right now and set it up!
Did you get it taped? :pray:
If so, can you PLEASE send me a copy? I'll pay shipping. I'll even add an extra dollar. :wink:

misha rf
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks, y'all!!

We didn't get to chat much with Alex. They want to make sure that there can be no allegations of anything. He does pose for a photo with the new contestants during the first break. It should be arriving in my mailbox any day now.

Just for the record, I don't get to keep what I made on the show. 2nd place is $2000, and I'll get the check in about 6 months. But yeah, I think there will be some yarn buying in my future....:teehee:

And thanks again!!!

blkirback
12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I tried to watch it! I set it up on my DVR to record it so that I could watch it when I wasn't busy and it recorded only 2 minutes of it! :gah:

I haven't gotten much done on the blanket yet, I've been meaning to but something have come up that have forced me to wait. Then I was going to work on it today and got a phone call that one of my friends dad's passed away this morning so I haven't been in a knitting mood today.

I will work on it tomorrow hopefully.

Shandeh
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Just for the record, I don't get to keep what I made on the show. 2nd place is $2000, and I'll get the check in about 6 months.
Interesting :think:
So, the amount on the little screens is more of a score, isn't it?

Howdovely
12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
I FINALLY got Jelly Bellies in the mail today!

Tracking # 13797712916006002050

I took a picture, but it's on the camera at work. I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry it took me so long, but phew! it's in the mail now!!

MAmaDawn
12-09-2008, 08:40 AM
We have a new knitter! Here she is Oliver and at Rav she is Eco-liberal.

Welcome, I'm looking forward having you knit with us!

misha rf
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Sandy, I hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense.

blkirback, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. And I'm sorry you only got to see 2 minutes of the show.

And Welcome, Oliver!

HollyP
12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Welcome Oliver!!:hug:So glad you decided to join us!

MrsP
12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome Oliver! It is great to have new members!! :-)

I am SOOOO bummed that I didn't get to watch Michelle on Jeopardy!! I went out of town and thought I had set it to record, but I guess I didn't and I missed it!! Congratulations on 2nd place! I think that is AWESOME!!

I thought I was going to have more knitting time while I was gone, but being the primary care giver of a VERY active 2 yearl old got in the way!! So, I still haven't finished my garland and December is almost half over!! And, I still have a scarf OTN and another ready to start!! I have to get on it!!

blkirback
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome Oliver, I enjoy getting to work with new people.

Thank you Misha. I was very upset about both. We knew he was going to go, he had bone cancer and a failing liver, but we didn't think it was going to be so soon. I was looking forward to watching the show so I was very mad at DVR!

MrsP, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll get everything done that you want to. I can't wait to see pictures of the garland.

Shandeh
12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the Southeast Region Oddballers, Oliver!
:muah:

kellybigeyes
12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Jelly Bellies arrived safe and sound today. It looks great. Thanks for the notepads.

MrsP
12-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey Everyone!!

I finally finished my mini-stocking garland!! Well, okay - they aren't attached to each other yet. I am going to get help with the crochet chain when I go home for Christmas, but I put a temporary loop on them and hung them on my lighted garland. I am going to post pics in the Whatcha' Knitting section! :-)

LBECK
12-15-2008, 08:12 AM
"Camo" Went out Saturday. I do not have the confirmation with me today but I will post it tomorrow. If the weather permits me to return to work. We are supposed to have a winter storm coming beginning this afternoon. So we will see. I do have a pic or two and I will post them as well.