PDA

View Full Version : Southeast US Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

MrsP
05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Ladies!! I am so sorry that I dropped off the face of the Earth with no explanations!! Please forgive me! :-)

So, I have NEWS! :-) The reason I have been gone and not able to knit is because I have had TERRIBLE morning sickness! I am Pregnant!! :-) It is was a complete surprise to my DH and I, we weren't even trying!!

My due date is Christmas Day!!! I am so excited and starting to feel better which is a HUGE relief! I am nervous about the months ahead - since I had my DD at 30 weeks, but I am keeping my hopes up that everything will be fine this time! :-)

So, I have been too sick and tired to do any knitting, so I will still have to hold off on jumping back in with the group. But, I will try not to be such a stranger!!

Thanks!!
Amanda

HollyP
05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Congratulations Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:balloons: I am so happy for you and DH!! :woot: I hope and pray you have a very very healthy pregnancy and baby!! Keep us updated!

LBECK
05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Congratulations!!! :woot: That is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing.:hug:

MAmaDawn
05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
:yay: :balloons: I am so happy for you! YEAH! You and your little one and your family will be in my prayers.

The great thing now is you can get lots of knitted things for the baby!

I'm glad that you are feeling a little better. :cheering:

Shandeh
05-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Woo Hoo! Happy Baby Growing! :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

knitgirl2007
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know that "Diggers" is finished and ready for the next knitter.

Amanda, so happy for you and DH. I think a blanket for you is in the future. :p

Katie

HollyP
05-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Katie I am the next knitter on Diggers. I am ready! It feels like it's been so long since I knit on one! Do you still have my address? If not I can PM it to you.

knitgirl2007
05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Holly, please PM me your address.

Thanks,
Katie

MrsP
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks, Guys! I really appreciate all of the well wishes!! It has been a rough few weeks and I am so grateful to be feeling better!!

kellybigeyes
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Congrats Amanda!! I am so happy for you. My husband and I and our DD are in the mountains for vacation to celebrate our anniversary. I hope everyone is doing well.

HollyP
06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Katie did you get my PM? If not let me know!

Howdovely
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi everybody,
Just checking in again. I FINALLY picked up some knitting needles recently!! Hadn't touched anything since February and that was only to get a pinwheel blanket started. (Thanks again Sandy!!!)

I've been actually been keeping more busy reading lately. I'm addicted to the Janet Evanovich - Stephanie Plum series and since I can only handle one addiction at a time - reading seems to be it. Haha.

Also, I did start a baby blanket for a friend and have been working on that some. I'm making it with bulky yarn so it goes fairly quickly. The last one I made for a neighbor and they LOVED it. The baby always took her naps on it on the floor with another blanket over it. It's really cushy. So I decided to make another one. Will start another one soon after I finish this just to have one on standby. Although, I only have the same yarn in blue, so I hope any future baby is a boy!

Anyway - between that and small vacations/weekends away - I've been really busy and not able to jump in here. I have two vacations planned this summer - Myrtle Beach SC for 4 days in July and then Italy for 11 days in August. Perhaps after then I can get on a blanket or two here and feel like I'm part of the group again........

I'll keep lurking until then, and chime in when I can!

Brenda

HollyP
06-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey Brenda! Good to hear from you! I am so jealous( x 10000000) of your Italy vacation! I went in 2000 and have wanted to go back ever since. Hope you have a great time!!!

MAmaDawn
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Brenda! You vactions sound like they are going to be wonderful. I've never been to any part of Europe, but I would love to go to Italy!

Looking forward to you joining us again.

HollyP
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Diggers arrived safe and sound today! I'll post a picture later - as always my batteries need to be charged!

Shandeh
06-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Oh, I can't wait to see photos of your trips, Brenda!
:muah:

LBECK
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
HollyP, I will have "winter wonderland" finished up by this weekend. I had to order some yarn for it and I just received the last of it today, that is what took me so long with getting it done. I will post pics as soon as I finish and it will be on it way to you soon.

Noone has posted in a while on here. I hope everyone is okay and having a good summer.

HollyP
06-16-2009, 08:09 PM
No worries Lisa. Just get it to me when you can!

It has been really quiet here lately. Hope all is well with everyone!

I think I will be donating our first batch of blankets soon!:woot: Dawn and Drea have 4 or 5 that they are finishing up that they are going to send together. I'm going to wait on donating until I get them. I can't wait!!!!! (No pressure- really!)

I finally figured out what I want to do with Diggers, it had me stumped! I'll be working on it tomorrow while having a getting caught up on TV shows marathon with Sharon. I'll have pictures very soon!

MAmaDawn
06-17-2009, 12:44 PM
HollyP, I will have "winter wonderland" finished up by this weekend. I had to order some yarn for it and I just received the last of it today, that is what took me so long with getting it done. I will post pics as soon as I finish and it will be on it way to you soon.

Noone has posted in a while on here. I hope everyone is okay and having a good summer.

I had the same thing happen with one I did. I think it was a rainbow blanket. But I looked and looked and couldn't find yarn to match it. I fiinaly found some I Love This Yarn, but I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me, so I order it online and that took a while for it to get to me.

I thought it would get quiet over the summer. We are enjoying the summer and your house, yard and pool. cloud9

No worries Lisa. Just get it to me when you can!

It has been really quiet here lately. Hope all is well with everyone!

I think I will be donating our first batch of blankets soon!:woot: Dawn and Drea have 4 or 5 that they are finishing up that they are going to send together. I'm going to wait on donating until I get them. I can't wait!!!!! (No pressure- really!)

I finally figured out what I want to do with Diggers, it had me stumped! I'll be working on it tomorrow while having a getting caught up on TV shows marathon with Sharon. I'll have pictures very soon!

I think all of them but 1 is done now.

I love to knit and watch TV... it's usually movies for me... been on a LOTR kick recently. I'm looking forward to seeing what you add to it.

biztec
06-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled to do a couple of borders and have been keeping up with the progress on the blankets via the blog site, because I don't visit KH as often as I'd like.

Is that the best way? If not, would you email me when they are ready for me? I don't want to miss out!!

Blessings,
Burma

LBECK
06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey guys,

I will not be on for a week or so because I am moving. If any blankets are ready for me they can be sent to the address that Dawn has for me now because I will still be checking that mail. I am only moving 2 doors down from where I am now, but a bigger home. However, Winter Wonderland has been put off for about a week longer. I have started the border but like a couple of rows. As soon as I get unpacked (that shouldn't take longer than a week) I will get back on it and get it sent to HollyP. Sorry, if this causes any inconvienence to anyone.

HollyP
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the new house Lisa! Really don't worry about the delay for Winter Wonderland there is no rush.

MAmaDawn
06-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Hey guys,

I will not be on for a week or so because I am moving. If any blankets are ready for me they can be sent to the address that Dawn has for me now because I will still be checking that mail. I am only moving 2 doors down from where I am now, but a bigger home. However, Winter Wonderland has been put off for about a week longer. I have started the border but like a couple of rows. As soon as I get unpacked (that shouldn't take longer than a week) I will get back on it and get it sent to HollyP. Sorry, if this causes any inconvienence to anyone.

Wow just a week? I'm impressed! We still have a lot of boxes and we've been here since Dec.

Congrats I hope you love your new house! And like Holly said, not a problem with Winter Wonderland.

HollyP
06-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Just checking in! Hope all is well with everyone!! I can't believe it is almost July! We are having a full house for the 4th, it should be a lot of fun. Everyone is absolutely buzzing with excitement in my family. My brother got engaged last month and we just found out that my SIL (other brother's wife) is pregnant after trying for almost 3 years! :woot:It would be great if you could keep her and the baby in your prayers. Thanks!!:hug:

I frogged my part of Diggers. It just wasn't working for me.:ick: Back to the drawing (or should I say knitting) board!

LBECK
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey guys,

Moving is a very tiring task. I hate working and moving it is awful to drag it out. We are moving just down the road and that is the worst move I have ever made. I would rather pack it all at one time and move it in at one time. But we are spreading it out and doing a little bit at a time and it is soooo hot that we can only move 1 or 2 loads per day without about passing out from the heat. So it is taking a bit long than I thought. But everything is getting put away as we get it in the house. That is one good thing about it.

Anyway, I have finished with the blanket I just need to find my scissors (that are packed away.lol) and cut the yarn so that I can weave the ends and put it in the mail. I have taken pics and will get them on here soon I promise.

MAmaDawn
07-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Just checking in! Hope all is well with everyone!! I can't believe it is almost July! We are having a full house for the 4th, it should be a lot of fun. Everyone is absolutely buzzing with excitement in my family. My brother got engaged last month and we just found out that my SIL (other brother's wife) is pregnant after trying for almost 3 years! :woot:It would be great if you could keep her and the baby in your prayers. Thanks!!:hug:

I frogged my part of Diggers. It just wasn't working for me.:ick: Back to the drawing (or should I say knitting) board!

That sounds like fun Holly. We are going to a TEA Party picnic. And then most likely doing fireworks at home afterward.

I will keep your SIL and the baby in my prayers.

Hey guys,

Moving is a very tiring task. I hate working and moving it is awful to drag it out. We are moving just down the road and that is the worst move I have ever made. I would rather pack it all at one time and move it in at one time. But we are spreading it out and doing a little bit at a time and it is soooo hot that we can only move 1 or 2 loads per day without about passing out from the heat. So it is taking a bit long than I thought. But everything is getting put away as we get it in the house. That is one good thing about it.

Anyway, I have finished with the blanket I just need to find my scissors (that are packed away.lol) and cut the yarn so that I can weave the ends and put it in the mail. I have taken pics and will get them on here soon I promise.

Moving when it's hot is the worst. I hope you get some cooler weather soon. I bet the blanket looks great!

Shandeh
07-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Poor LBECK! :pout:
I've heard that a move close to home is the WORST kind of move. I wish we could all be there to help.

LBECK
07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Thank you Sandy, I believe that would be correct. I have moved from Arkansas to California and Back again and it was much easier than this.

HollyP, I will be sending out Winter Wonderland today I hope. I will try to upload pics tonight if I can find a minute or two. (Still unpacking)

HollyP
07-16-2009, 07:42 PM
After much deliberation and procrastination I think I finally figured out what I am going to do with Diggers. Now I just have to get the yarn! It really bothers me how some blankets just stump you and others you look at know what you will do with it.
Hope all is well with everyone!

LBECK
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Holly, I sent Baby Blue your way on Wednesday or Thursday of last week. You should be getting it any day now. If you do not see it soon let me know and I will get you the confirmation number to trace it.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic summer. Our weather here in Arkansas is absolutely beautiful right now, but I fear it won't last long.

HollyP
07-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Winter Wonderland is safe here. It is beautiful!!!! I'll post pictures soon.

LBECK
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes, it WAS Winter Wonderland. I am so mixed up with the move that I don't know if I am coming or going. Please forgive.:aww:

MAmaDawn
07-23-2009, 08:11 AM
:cheering:

I can't wait to see Winter wonderland!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Are you all ready to start planning for the fall?

LBECK
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I am ready. I think it will get me back into the swing of things to have something actually going on with the blankets. I am ready to begin when everyone else is. Just say go and I have a set of needles and will get one started.

HollyP
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I am always ready to plan for and start knitting new blankets! I have quite a few of our needles. When we are ready to start up again I will be happy to send them out to people. Of course I am also happy to cast on for the new blankets. Just let me know!

biztec
08-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi All!

Almost finished with the border. I'm having a lot of fun.

MAmaDawn
08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry I disappeared there... I've had some issues with my asthma and that has mad my back have muscles spasms making me feel short of breath too.

I'm feeling some better now, the medications are helping some.

Let's plan the blankets now and we can get everyone that needs needles but not start them for a couple weeks. I don't want to take on too much right now.

I've had problems like this before and I've always been ok in a week or maybe a week and a half. So I think I will be feeling better by then.

Holly did you still want to start Bee-utiful? Do you want it to be a preemie blanket or a baby blanket?

Lisa, what blanket would you like to start?

Kelly did you still want to start one?

Sharon, it's ok I think a lot of us haven't been on as much this summer.

Biztec, I'm so glad that you enjoyed working on it. It's great having you with us!

kellybigeyes
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Dawn... I would love to start one. I have 2 sets of needles. I have size 5 and size 8. I want to start a baby blanket on the size 8. So if someone wants to start a premie blanket, I will be happy to send them the size 5. I am still having some problems with my wrist (from my surgery last year). I had some issues knitting on Spring in the Garden, therefore, I think it would be best for me to use the size 8. Let me know if that is ok. I hope you feel better soon.

SharonP
08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I made a post while in a bad mood. I'm sorry if anyone took it the wrong way. I hope everyone is having a good summer. I really can't wait until the fall for more knitting fun.

HollyP
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Take care Dawn!!! That doesn't sound like much fun!!

I would love to start bee-utiful! I have mostly larger needles so I guess it will be a regular sized blanket.

Shandeh
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Get better Dawn! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I made a post while in a bad mood.....
I've done that before, Sharon. :teehee:
Now, I try to avoid the forum when I feel that way.
It keeps me out of trouble. :)

LBECK
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Okay, I know this sounds stupid but I don't remember any of the blankets we have on the list now. Could some one throw some out there for me and I will pick one to start?

kellybigeyes
08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I went back and found this list in a past post.

I have the list of ones that everyone suggested before... it's a lot! You all are very creative!

Smurfy
Lucky Charms
Primary colors
diagonal rainbow
Camo
A neon one
spring in the garden
birds
fruit salad
crayons
ocean
Finding Nemo
Little Mermaid
Sunset
Tip-Toe in the Tulips
Blue Sky
Skittles
Banana Split
Splish Slash
Lemon Drops & Gum Drops
Little Boy Blue
Little Bo Peep
Cupcakes
Puddin'
Dinosaur
Diggers
Cinderella
Blue Ridge Mountains
Olivia - using chocolate - soft pink - and offwhite
Charles - using chocolate - baby blue- and offwhite
All that glitters
[LEFT]Ballband (Baby Brick or blocks)

biztec
08-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Holly, Spring in the Garden is going in the mail today. The tracking number is

I sent it Priority Mail, so let me know if you run into any problems.

Blessings,
Burma

LBECK
08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
How does everyone think about working on a Banana Split? If we have any takers I will start it.

HollyP
08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Spring in the Garden has arrived safely! It so beautiful!!!!! I'm having issues with my camera as always but as soon as I can I will post pictures. I really need to just get a new camera...

MAmaDawn
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
First I have to tell you guys something silly I did... I forgot we had the thank-you button... :teehee: I don't know why, but I did... :teehee: I'm such a goof!

How does everyone think about working on a Banana Split? If we have any takers I will start it.

I think that would be a really cute blanket. I think I have some chocolate brown and some pink for strawberry so I will knit on it and use one of those. Just remember that you can't start of end a blanket with yellow or green.

Kelly which one would you like to start? I'm sorry that Spring in the Garden gave you problems. I hope it was really painful. If any of them do let me know and we can get someone else to work on it.

I had mentioned doing cupcake... and using cupcake yarn (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/cupcake.html). I had thought that patterns wouldn't show up with it, but after looking at Rav I see that some do. So you can do whatever pattern you want. I did notice that simple ones show up better, but that one will be up to you.

And we have bee-utiful, too. That stitch pattern will be fun!

kellybigeyes
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I would like to start one called Splish Splash!! I thought we might could use blues and greens maybe. And any pattern!! Let me know if that is ok.

MAmaDawn
08-13-2009, 07:19 AM
I would like to start one called Splish Splash!! I thought we might could use blues and greens maybe. And any pattern!! Let me know if that is ok.

That sounds great!

So here is what we have,
Cupcake (using Lionbrand cupcake yarn, I have some and can get more) I'm starting this one and Kelly is on it.

Splish Splash Kelly is starting, water colors, blue and green.

Bee-utiful Holly is starting using Bee-stitch.

Banana Split Lisa is starting and I'm working on it too.

So where does everyone else want to work? We need knitters on each and a border too.

:yay:

kellybigeyes
08-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I would also like to work on Banana Split. Does anyone have a link to the bee stitch?

HollyP
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to the bee stitch?
Bee Stitch
Odd number of stitches
Row 1 (WS): knit
Row 2 (RS): K1, * K1 b, K1; rep from *
Row 3: Knit
Row 4 (RS): K2, K1 b, * k1, k1 b; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2
Rep these 4 rows for pattern.
K1 b Insert needle through center of stitch 1 row below next stitch and knit, slipping stitch above off needle at the same time. ( Amy has a video of this here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/../videos/knitting-glossary) scroll down to k-b)

You can see what the bee stitch looks like here (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/beestitchcloth.html) . The link shows it with a variegated yarn but I just did something with a solid yarn and it looks very cool. I just love the texture it gives!

biztec
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm happy to work on any borders, just sign me up!
Burma

LBECK
08-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I was thinking about using a cream color for the bananas to begin and then maybe a small amount of something else. How does that sound to you all.

I will be willing to work on any blanket that you need me on and I will do borders also.:yay:

Shandeh
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
........I'm sorry that Spring in the Garden gave you problems. I hope it was really painful....
Dawn, I know you don't actually want it to be really painful, but this is just hilarious to me! :roflhard: :roflhard:

kellybigeyes
08-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought it was funny too!! :roflhard:

MAmaDawn
08-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm happy to work on any borders, just sign me up!
Burma

Wonderful! Thank you!

I was thinking about using a cream color for the bananas to begin and then maybe a small amount of something else. How does that sound to you all.

I will be willing to work on any blanket that you need me on and I will do borders also.:yay:

That sounds like a great idea. The part of the banana that's in the ice cream is cream color I hadn't thought about that. :thumbsup:

I'll add you too.

Dawn, I know you don't actually want it to be really painful, but this is just hilarious to me! :roflhard: :roflhard:

I thought it was funny too!! :roflhard:

I'm glad I could make you both laugh.... cuz I didn't see it and you both made me laugh... :roflhard:

HollyP
08-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Dawn ,Please put me on any blanket at the end!( I thought I had posted that already but I guess I didn't:??) I found a perfect red for the cherry on top of Banana Split while stash diving yesterday. As soon as I saw it I knew it was going on that blanket, I love when that happens!

Yesterday was very exciting here. We found out that my bro and SIL, after trying for almost 3 years, are going to have a little girl! She was quite modest during the ultrasound and didn't want to uncross her legs. They had my SIL change positions a couple of times trying to get her to move and finally she cooperated just as they were getting ready to call it a day. She is the first grandchild on either side. I am absolutely bursting now that I can knit for her!!!! I just can't decide what my first project for her will be,there are so many cute baby girl patterns out there!

I hope everything is good with all of you and that you all are enjoying your summers!

knitgirl2007
08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone, hope you are having a "cool" summer where you are. Sign me up to knit on any or all of the blankets. I think I am settled back at home for now.

I belong to a charity knitting group at the Women's hospital for the babies and we are using Caron Simply Soft Eco yarn. I love the yarn which is available at WalMart for around $2.50 a skein. Just wondering if anyone has used this yarn and has knowledge if it holds up under washing and drying?

Take care,
Katie
knitgirl2007

HollyP
08-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Katie, I've used it quite a bit!It is so convenient to buy it when I am grocery shopping. So far I haven't been able to tell a difference in it from regular Simply Soft. In my experience it has washed and dried beautifully.

Howdovely
08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello all!!

I'm back! I think I can finally get on a blanket or two here! The Bee stitch looks fairly simple, do you still need knitters on that one?
Put me anywhere.........

MAmaDawn
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Dawn ,Please put me on any blanket at the end!( I thought I had posted that already but I guess I didn't:??) I found a perfect red for the cherry on top of Banana Split while stash diving yesterday. As soon as I saw it I knew it was going on that blanket, I love when that happens!

Yesterday was very exciting here. We found out that my bro and SIL, after trying for almost 3 years, are going to have a little girl! She was quite modest during the ultrasound and didn't want to uncross her legs. They had my SIL change positions a couple of times trying to get her to move and finally she cooperated just as they were getting ready to call it a day. She is the first grandchild on either side. I am absolutely bursting now that I can knit for her!!!! I just can't decide what my first project for her will be,there are so many cute baby girl patterns out there!

I hope everything is good with all of you and that you all are enjoying your summers!

That's very exciting Holly!

I've added everyone to the blankets they wanted... Yes Brenda we still have spots and each blanket has room for 2 more knitters.

WandaT
08-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I would love to help out too! I've read through quite a few of the pages on this thread but can't read through all of them. Where can I start?

HollyP
08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Wanda so glad you want to join us! Welcome!!!! All you have to do is send a PM to MamaDawn with your address.
I just noticed from your website we are practically neighbors. I live in Yorktown. In case you didn't know all of our blankets are going to CHKD!

WandaT
08-23-2009, 09:07 AM
OK, will do Holly! Thanks! Yes, I did read that the blankets are going to CHKD ... very cool!

MAmaDawn
08-24-2009, 09:32 AM
MamaDawn is currently in the hospital. This is her husband.
On Thursday evening she mad a appointment with her doctor because her asthama was not getting any better. Thursday evening she was no longer able to keep down any food or water. She went to her doctor who had her admitted to the hospital to have her gallblader removed. It was original planned to laprascopic, but in the end they had to open her up. She will be in the hospital for another 4-6 days and on limited duty for 3-6 weeks.
I know she will try to get on her when she can. Right now she is hurting bad from the surgery.

kellybigeyes
08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh my.... I am so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for her. Hope she feels better soon.

Shandeh
08-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Thank you so much for the message!
Please let Dawn know that we are praying for her.
:heart: :muah: :heart:

HollyP
08-24-2009, 03:19 PM
:hug:Dawn, I am so sorry to hear you are sick!! I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery! If I can do anything let me know.

melmac51
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Prayers going out to Dawn and her family. Feel better soon! :muah:

biztec
08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Feel better soon, MamaDawn! We'll lift you in prayer.

MAmaDawn
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm home!! It's still painful sometimes but better than before. Thank you all so much for the prayers.

I'll post more about what happened later.

I'll post all the blankets later, too.

I would love to help out too! I've read through quite a few of the pages on this thread but can't read through all of them. Where can I start?

Send a pm to me with your address and let me know which blankets you'd like to knit on and you will be all set up.

MAmaDawn
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
So here is what happened. As most of you know I have had problems with my asthma lately and I had to use my rescue inhaler several times a week and was again so I asked Goob to call my Dr and get me on a steroid inhaler. Well when he was on the phone with them I threw up, once was projectile. So he called me back and told me that I had an appt at 130 and his mom was going to take me. (So glad they were here)

After the second time I threw up m stomach started hurting worse than anything I have every felt. It was worse natural childbirth.

So I went to the dr and told her about all that happened. With where the pain was she thought I had gastritis. But wanted to do blood test to make sure that it wasn't anything else. She gave my the Rx I needed and sent for the blood work, put me on a restrictive diet and said they would call is my blood work wasn't regular.

Well I got home and later they called and said my liver function was quiet elevated. So they had made an appt for me to have a sono he next morning.

So Friday morning I go to my sono appt. I wasn't feeling as bad when we left, but by the time we got to the hospital I needed a wheelchair. They did the sono and I went home. I called my dr to tell them that it was done so they could call and get the results. Well about 20 mins later my dr office called to tell me that I have multiple stones and my gallbladder was inflamed.

When I told them that I had only keep down about 2 oz at that point they said I needed to go to the hospital. So Goob got home and I went to the ER. My dr office had talked to the Gen Surgeon there at the ER and sent all my info and we were only in the ER for 4 hours.

I saw the dr and he said that I had a stone the passed out of my gall bladder into the common bile duct and plugged that up and was causing Pancreatitis. Not good. Pancreatitis is really dangerous. But he was pretty sure that since I wasn't having the same pain that I was the day before that the stone wasn't clogging it anymore. He admitted me to the hospital. And said that he needed to take my gall bladder out (it was going to be a Laparoscopic surgery) but that my Pancreatitis needed to clear up first. And he put me on pain meds... (That was good)

The next morning they did blood work (they had done blood work the night before too) and it had cleared up enough for him to operate that afternoon.

So I went down to Sx at about 115. Well when he was in there he saw that I had multiple stones in my common bile duct (this is where the stone that caused the Pancreatitis was at) so he decided that it would be better to open me up to make sure he got all of them out. And it's a good thing he did, I had 22 stones in my common bile duct! That's not counting what was in my gall bladder.

He also repaired a hernia that I got when I was pregnant with Jeremiah.

So that's why I was in the hospital for a week, it ended up being full abdominal surgery.

The hospital staff was GREAT! They took great care of me. I can't lift anything more then 10lbs for 6 weeks and just need to get lots of rest. My staples come out on Wed as does one of the tubes (yes I have 2 drain tubes still hanging out of me). The other tube comes out in 3 weeks.

The kiddos are with Goob's parents. They will come home when I'm well enough to take care of them. I miss them so much!

But I am glad that the kids are there. It would be really hard to take care of them after being opened up like that.

I am feeling better, still in pain of course, but the meds are helping a lot with that.

Thank you again for all the prayers. I'll post tomorrow the blankets.

kellybigeyes
08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
WOW!! What an experience!! I had my gallbladder taken out in 2003. It was only laproscopic though. I am so glad that you are doing better. Take it easy and gets lots of rest. I will be praying for you.

MAmaDawn
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry I didn't post the blankets

WOW!! What an experience!! I had my gallbladder taken out in 2003. It was only laproscopic though. I am so glad that you are doing better. Take it easy and gets lots of rest. I will be praying for you.

Thank you Kelly, I am taking it easy and the prayers are most welcome!

Here are he blankets now:

Banana Split
LBECK
KellyBigEyes
MamaDawn
WandaT
need a knitter
HollyP
Border: HollyP

Cupcake using Cupcake (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/cupcake.html)yarn from Lion brand
MamaDawn
Drea
need a knitter
Kellybigeyes
LBECK
Knitgirl2007
Border: Biztec

Bee-utiful using the Bee stitch (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/beestitchcloth.html)
HollyP
Howdovely
LBECK
Knitgirl2007
need a knitter
MamaDawn

Splish Splash
Kellybigeyes
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007
WandaT
need a knitter
LBECK
LBECK

I know that some of you are willing to work on more than I signed you up for but I wanted to make sure that everyone that wants to knit on one gets to. The order may change too, but I'll post the updates when they come.

SharonP
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Dawn,
Sorry to hear about your gallbladder troubles. Hope you are feeling better son!!! Just wanted to let you know that I would love to help out on the new blankets, especially Banana split, which I can get after Holly. Hope you still have my address. if not, just PM me. I'll be sure to check back more often to stay updated on everything!! take care!!

Sharon

Shandeh
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome back, Dawn! :muah:
Now, take it easy, and stay healthy and happy. :heart:

Howdovely
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Yay!!! I'm on two blankets!! It seems like it was years ago that I knitted on one! It also feels like years since I've picked up my needles! Ugh! How can on person, who doesn't have kids OR a significant other be SO busy?!?!?!

Not anymore, I need to start putting myself first again. Novel idea!

MAmaDawn
09-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Dawn,
Sorry to hear about your gallbladder troubles. Hope you are feeling better son!!! Just wanted to let you know that I would love to help out on the new blankets, especially Banana split, which I can get after Holly. Hope you still have my address. if not, just PM me. I'll be sure to check back more often to stay updated on everything!! take care!!

Sharon

I've added you

Welcome back, Dawn! :muah:
Now, take it easy, and stay healthy and happy. :heart:

Thank you, I'm hoping to do just that....

Yay!!! I'm on two blankets!! It seems like it was years ago that I knitted on one! It also feels like years since I've picked up my needles! Ugh! How can on person, who doesn't have kids OR a significant other be SO busy?!?!?!

Not anymore, I need to start putting myself first again. Novel idea!

I'm glad to have you back! :hug:

Shandeh
09-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Yay! Go Southeast! :woohoo:

I can't help right now, because I have WAY too many knitting projects through December. But, I promise to help out again in January. :hug:

LBECK
09-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Dawn, I am glad that everything is okay and you are feeling somewhat better. Hope you are 100% very soon.

Howdovely, glad you could join us again.

I am excited to get going on the blankets again. It seems like it has been a long summer. With alot going on for everyone. I am ready to settle down and get some of my projects that I have started done as well because I have lots of requests for christmas. We are getting a new baby in the family in a couple of weeks so I have been very busy making a layette for it and a couple of other things.

LBECK
09-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Has anyone heard from Amanda (Mrs.P) lately? If so, how is she doing? Does she know sex of the baby? I looked back and the last post from her was in May when she told us she was having a baby, nothing since then. I was just wondering about her.

LBECK
09-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Hope everyone had a good Labor Day Holiday!!! :woohoo: :woot:

MAmaDawn
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
It was a good Labor Day hey, Sat and Sun were quiet, but the kids came come on Mon and it's wonderful having them home again.

Yay! Go Southeast! :woohoo:

I can't help right now, because I have WAY too many knitting projects through December. But, I promise to help out again in January. :hug:

Glad that you will be back then, we miss you!

Dawn, I am glad that everything is okay and you are feeling somewhat better. Hope you are 100% very soon.

Howdovely, glad you could join us again.

I am excited to get going on the blankets again. It seems like it has been a long summer. With alot going on for everyone. I am ready to settle down and get some of my projects that I have started done as well because I have lots of requests for christmas. We are getting a new baby in the family in a couple of weeks so I have been very busy making a layette for it and a couple of other things.

Thank you! I'm excited about the blankets too. Congrats on the new baby!

Has anyone heard from Amanda (Mrs.P) lately? If so, how is she doing? Does she know sex of the baby? I looked back and the last post from her was in May when she told us she was having a baby, nothing since then. I was just wondering about her.

I heard from her, but it was a while ago. I'll try to get back in touch with her.

MrsP
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi Ladies!!! I am so sorry to have been out of touch for so long!! And, I can't tell you how glad I am to know that you haven't given up on me! :muah:

It has been such a crazy summer for me! I had a rather rough first trimester, I was MUCH sicker than I was with DD and soooo tired. It didn't help that I was chasing a 3 year old! And, it seemed like we were out of town every other week!

But, it should settle down a little bit now. Today is DD first day in Preschool!! :cheering: She was very excited to go and I was just as excited to let her!!

So, things are going great with the pregnancy. I am 24 weeks now and I think my stomach grows daily! Although, I think my backside is looking smaller, so that is good! It is probably just being overshadowed by the front! :teehee: We found out at our big ultrasound that we are going to be having a BOY!! I am still in shock about it! I have been sewing for the nursery, and we are doing a cowboy theme - blues and browns. It is so cute! I will post some pics when I get it all put together!

I haven't had the time or energy to do ANY knitting this summer. :( But, I think that as the weather cools off and I get the nursery done, I will be feeling more up to it!! :) I saw that you have a couple of new blankets coming up and if all the slots are filled, maybe you could put me on one?

I better run. I am going to try and run a couple of errands before I go get DD from school! I will do better at keeping in touch! Promise!! :grphug:
Amanda

MAmaDawn
09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
YAY! So good to hear from you and congrats on having a baby boy. How exciting!

The room sounds wonderful!

And we understand about you being away.

I just so happy for you!

LBECK
09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Thought I would post something since it seems like we have all abandoned our thread. lol

It is almost time for our Delta Fair here in the Bootheel of MO. I say our I am from Arkansas but I spend as much time in MO as I do AR. lol I am planning on entering a few things in the fair so you all wish me luck. I am up against one of the young ladies that I taught to knit and she is doing a great job on all of her projects so far.

That is all I have to say for now. Just wanted it to look like we are still booming. I hope everything is going okay with everyone.

MAmaDawn
09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
That's great Lisa! What are you entering?

How are the new blankets coming?

kellybigeyes
09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I will be starting Splish Splash soon. We have had a few other activities that I am trying to get behind us and then I will start. Hope everyone is doing well!!

HollyP
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I'll be casting on for Bee-utiful soon. My goal is to have it done by the beginning of next week. I still have Diggers OTN but will be finishing it tonight or tomorrow. I have had a crazy busy past month or so and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. :woohoo:

MAmaDawn
09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
That sounds great guys! I'm looking forward to seeing them!

MrsP
09-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Here are the pics of my nursery! If you can't tell, his name is going to be Wyatt! :p

I'm starting to look at patterns for like a little sweater and hat to bring him home from the hospital in...any suggestions??

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/mandawyatt/IMG_2096_2.jpg

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/mandawyatt/IMG_2100_2.jpg

Shandeh
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
What a beautiful nursery! I wish I was your little boy!
:teehee:

LBECK
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
The nursery is awesome, Amanda. My daughter has a friend from highschool that had a little boy last year and she named him wyatt and did his room in cowboy also. I have not seen any patterns for that type of sweater lately but I will be on the look out. :wink:

LBECK
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I will be entering some baby and little girl hats that I have made recently and a layette of hat, booties, & blanket also may a dishcloth. Most of the stuff is crocheted, some knitted. The blanket is knitted with the butterfly stitch that we used on one of our blankets. Also, I am entering some photos of my little Kory (DGS) in the baby photo and grandparents brag photo contests. I will post pictures of my entries after I get them all together this weekend and then I will let you know if any of them do well.

HollyP
09-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I love the name Wyatt! The nursery is just beautiful. What a lucky little buckaroo!

MAmaDawn
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
His room look amazing! Nice job! I love how you wrote his name on the wall!

SharonP
09-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Amanda,
What an adorable nursery for your little cowboy!! Wyatt is a really awesome name too!! Congrats again!!

Sharon

MAmaDawn
09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
I had to change the order around on some of the blankets trying to keep everyone at a different place on each so they will be less likely to get 2 at once... at least sometimes that helps ;)

So here is the new order

Banana Split
LBECK
KellyBigEyes
MamaDawn
WandaT
SharonP
HollyP

Cupcake
MamaDawn
Drea
Sharon
Kellybigeyes
LBECK
Knitgirl2007

Bee-utiful
HollyP
SharonP
LBECK
Kayrun
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007

Splish Splash
Kellybigeyes
Howdovely
Knitgirl2007
Sharon
WandaT
LBECK
Border: LBECK

HollyP
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks Dawn! I'll be updating the blog soon. Most likely early next week. Between school and baby shower planning( and knitting for said baby) I don't think I've had a spare minute.

LBECK
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks Dawn, now that most of my projects for summer are over and the fair projects have been entered I will be starting banana split this week. So, get ready cause here they come! It looks like we are getting on a roll for fall and that is great!

MAmaDawn
10-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks Dawn, now that most of my projects for summer are over and the fair projects have been entered I will be starting banana split this week. So, get ready cause here they come! It looks like we are getting on a roll for fall and that is great!

I know I can't wait to see all of them!

LBECK
10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
I got a blue ribbon (first)or a red ribbon (second) for every project that I submitted to the fair. I have pictures but I am going to make a collage of them all so that there won't be 12 different photos out here. It shouldn't take me long to get this together.

I also won a BEST OF SHOW for my baby blanket that I mimicked from our charity blankets only I just used one color and only used the Butterfly Stitch. But I used the same dimensions and bordered it up just like ours.

Thank you all for letting me be a part of this wonderful group of people so that I can learn soooooo much from you.

Pics to come soon. I promise.

HollyP
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
That is so cool Lisa! Can't wait to see the pictures!

How is everyone else doing? Our thread has been so quite lately.

I have been crazy busy. Last weekend I hosted my SIL's baby shower. It went really well but I forgot to take ANY pictures! I am so disappointed! I knit a little elephant for her. I do have pictures of it, I just need to load them on the computer. I'm planning on knitting a lot more for them but with planning the shower, getting the house ready and midterms I knew I needed to do something small.

MAmaDawn
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Lisa that is awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Doing ok here... still recovering from the surgery. I talked to a lady that had the same thing and she said it was 6 months before she was 100% again... a little disappointing to be honest. But at least I know now that I'm not behind in healing or anything.

LBECK
10-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Sandy, I have Yarnhouse on facebook and I was just looking at the pics from the grand opening and there you were playing your piano. That was great.

Shandeh
10-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Lisa, congratulations on the fair ribbons and Best of Show! :cheering:

Yes, I was the musician for the grand opening night at Yarnhouse (http://www.yarnhouseknits.com/wp/). It was fun! I played some classical, jazz, pop, and show tunes. There was a table of crackers and cheese set up in the same room with me, and there was yarn all around (of course). People came by and spoke to me as I was playing too. Nice. :note: :note: :note: :note:

By the way, since I'm talking about "me"...:teehee:
I don't know if I told you all or not, but Bernat yarn has asked me to be a blogger for them. :sun: The blog is live now, and my first post should be visible in a few days.
http://bernat.com/blog/
If you click the "about us" button, you'll see a little blurb about me. Exciting! :woohoo:

Debbie
10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Everyone! I would love to join all y'all Southeast Oddballs if there is a "slot" available! I live in Orlando, Florida. Let me know how to join in and when there is a new blanket making the rounds.

MAmaDawn
10-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi Everyone! I would love to join all y'all Southeast Oddballs if there is a "slot" available! I live in Orlando, Florida. Let me know how to join in and when there is a new blanket making the rounds.

Hi Debbie! There's always room for another knitter with us! Welcome :hug:!

Just pm me your address and you will be all set up. :)

HollyP
10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone! I finally started Bee-utiful last night. The pattern goes quickly so I also finished last night! :woohoo: I'll be passing it on to Sharon tomorrow when I see her.

Last night while looking through my stash I found some yarn that was just asking to be made into another blanket so I cast on another blanket. I know we have a few blankets planned but not too many OTN right now. I came up with a name that was not on the list of ideas. I hope you don't mind that I named it Blue Jean Baby. My yarn color reminded me so much of the worn out sections in jeans.
Is anyone interested in knitting on it? Yarn and stitch will be knitter's choice. It has 106 stitches. I'll be posting pictures soon!

MAmaDawn
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
That's great Holly! It sounds so cute!

Debbie here's one for you! You can knit on it after Holly if you like...

Debbie
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
PERFECT !!! Can't wait to get it !

SharonP
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi ladies!!
Just wanted to let you know that I have finished with Bee-autiful and i am about an inch and a half from being done with Blue Jean Baby! I should be able to send out bee-autiful within the next couple of days. If anyone is interested in knitting on Blue Jean Baby, just PM me and I'll be sure to send it off!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Sharon

Howdovely
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
What's the blog site, or where can I see the order of knitters on all the blankets? I seem to have completely forgotten what I've signed up for, or how many. I think I'm on two, but not sure how far down the lists I am.

Oh I wish I had a brain,
Brenda (tee hee :teehee: )

kellybigeyes
10-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Brenda.... the blog is.......

http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/

Howdovely
10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Thank you!!!

MAmaDawn
10-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi ladies!!
Just wanted to let you know that I have finished with Bee-autiful and i am about an inch and a half from being done with Blue Jean Baby! I should be able to send out bee-autiful within the next couple of days. If anyone is interested in knitting on Blue Jean Baby, just PM me and I'll be sure to send it off!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Sharon

I will check with the next knitter now for Bee-autiful.

Debbie is the next knitter for Blue Jean Baby and I will pm you her addy now

PERFECT !!! Can't wait to get it !

It should be there soon, she's almost done with it! :yay:

HollyP
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Here is Bee-utiful!
My section. I used Bernat Satin, I don't remember the name.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4053116783_475581f3ba_m.jpg

Sharon's section. The color is much more true in this picture! She used Simply Soft Blue Mint
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2472/4053116923_b3aed58a31_m.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of Blue Jean Baby before I passed it on. I'll try to get one before Sharon sends it on!

Howdovely
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow! Bee-utiful is indeed BEAUTIFUL!

MAmaDawn
10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow Holly that is really pretty! Nice choice for the stitch pattern! :heart:

LBECK
10-30-2009, 02:33 PM
This blanket is starting out really pretty... I hope I can do a good job. I think this will be a new stitch for me so wish me luck. I hope I can keep up with the rest of you on it.

HollyP
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Lisa, the stitch pattern isn't difficult, I'm sure you'll do fine! I will say that frogging this stitch pattern is a real pain in the patoot! Don't ask me how I know ;) :teehee:.

SharonP
11-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I mailed out Blue Jean Baby and Bee-utiful on Saturday. Sorrry it took me so long to post this but I was being a bit lazy over the past few days!! Hopefully they will arrive at their designated homes soon!!

Sharon

Debbie
11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Blue Jean Baby arrived in Orlando, Florida today! It may have brought some "cooler" weather ... 75 instead of 89 .... I can't wait to knit my rows !!!! I will post a pic before I send it on ...

Holly, what stitch pattern did you use .. it is beautiful! Sharon, the yarn you used looks exactly like blue jeans!

HollyP
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I used the quilted lattice (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/quiltlattice.htm) stitch. As for the yarn Sharon used she went shopping in my stash. I'm pretty sure it was one of the Eco yarns from Simply Soft.
I can't wait to see it when you are done!

LBECK
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Sharon, thank you I received Bee-utiful yesterday. I will get on it this weekend and hopefully get it out to the next knitter next week.

Debbie
11-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I have finished my 4 inches on Baby Blue Jean. I am going to take it to my Knitting Guild Meeting for show and tell, then will post a picture and get it in the mail :) So fun!

HollyP
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Can't wait to see it!
Do we have other knitters for this one?

MAmaDawn
11-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Can't wait to see it!
Do we have other knitters for this one?

That's what I was coming here to say... who would like to be the next knitter. I'm happy to knit on it, but I won't be able to for a week or two, so would like to be next?

Oh and we need 2 more knitters (total) and someone to do the border

HollyP
11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd be happy to to do the border, if no one else is interested

Howdovely
11-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I can knit on it. I think I'm only on one other. Watch, I'll get them both at the same time.................... LOL!!!

biztec
11-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd be happy to be the last knitter and then do the border, unless Holly has her heart set on doing it.

biztec
11-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Spring in the Garden has arrived safely! It so beautiful!!!!! I'm having issues with my camera as always but as soon as I can I will post pictures. I really need to just get a new camera...

Holly, here's the response when you received Spring in the Garden.

HollyP
11-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Biztec, Thanks! I sent Dawn a PM explaining that it was hiding between two other blankets. Sorry for any confusion! That reminds me I need to take a picture of it!!
Thanks for taking the last section and border of blue jean baby!

biztec
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
No problem, Holly. I about had heart failure, but I'm glad you found it. I'm looking forward to my next project!!

HollyP
11-15-2009, 01:22 PM
No need for heart failure!

MAmaDawn
11-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Holly, here's the response when you received Spring in the Garden.

Sorry about that, I pmed you before she found it and then I forgot I pmed you... :aww: sorry for the confusion, I should have sent you another one saying it was found.

Thank you Howdovely and Biztec for knitting on it. I will pm her your address now Howdovely.

MAmaDawn
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone!

Auburnchick wrote to me to ask if we could give some of the blankets we have done to some girls at the school she works at that are expecting. She lives in FL so she's in our region. I think it's a great way to reach out and would love to be able to give to both the hospital and these girls. She has 2 right now. What do you think?

kellybigeyes
11-16-2009, 11:12 AM
I think that is a GREAT idea!! I think the world of Auburnchick and I know that if she thinks we should do it, then it is a need. I am going to get started on Splish Splash very soon... I have been working on some Christmas presents lately. Hope everyone in doing well. I have been watching the forum.... just haven't had time to post!!

Hello everyone!

Auburnchick wrote to me to ask if we could give some of the blankets we have done to some girls at the school she works at that are expecting. She lives in FL so she's in our region. I think it's a great way to reach out and would love to be able to give to both the hospital and these girls. She has 2 right now. What do you think?

auburnchick
11-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi all!

I wanted to jump in and say thank you to Mama Dawn for mentioning my request to you. I'm a substitute teacher (hoping to have my own permanent class eventually). I'm on a long-term subbing job, and right now I've got three expectant girls in one class (not to mention another who had a baby the day before I started) and another expectant gal in my other class. These girls have nothing, as you can imagine. One was even turned out of her home by her family, so she's walking an especially tough road right now.

Shandeh has generously offered to send two blankets my way. I asked Mama Dawn if y'all would be willing to donate an additional two as well.

If you'd rather stick with donating them wherever you've selected, I understand...no pressure.

Thanks all! I really do appreciate all that y'all do. As a former region Oddball coordinator and participant of this project, I know how important each set of hands is to completing these works of love.

:hug:

HollyP
11-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm all for it! We have quite a few (http://seoddballbabyblanket.blogspot.com/search/label/finished%20blankets)ready to be donated, I'd be happy to send two to Auburnchick for the girls. The only one I don't have is Summer Olympics I believe Brandi still has it. Just let me know which ones we want to send.

auburnchick
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh...the blankets are so pretty!!

Just so you know, one of the girls is expecting a boy. Let me see if I can find out the sex of the other baby, although I know that whatever you send will be just fine!

Thanks so much all!!

:muah:

LBECK
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I think it is a wonderful and very generous this to give to these young girls who are expecting. It will probably mean a lot to them and I am all for it.

Debbie
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Baby Blue Jeans is on it's way to Brenda!

HollyP
11-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the pictures Debbie! It looks great!!!!:woohoo: I'm so excited it is half way done already!!

Howdovely
11-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Yay! I'll be on the look out! Refresh my memory - any stitch, any color blue?
Brenda

HollyP
11-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Brenda, No set color(s) or stitch for this blanket. Just a name Blue Jean baby. Have fun with it!

Howdovely
11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Blue Jean Baby came today! Yay! I'll work on it over the holiday and try to turn it around quickly.

knitgirl2007
11-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Hello all, I have been missing in action lately but would like to knit on one of the blankets if any are ready for the next knitter. I feel like it has been forever (last spring) since I have knitted on one so my needles are ready to go to work.:happydance:

A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope each of you will be spending the day with family and friends.

Katie
knitgirl2007

Shandeh
11-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Y'all are doing GREAT! :muah:
Hopefully, I'll be able to help out again soon when I get all my other projects out of the way.

Go Southeast! :cheering:

HollyP
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Good to see you Katie! I think there is an opening on Blue Jean Baby after Brenda.

MAmaDawn
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello all, I have been missing in action lately but would like to knit on one of the blankets if any are ready for the next knitter. I feel like it has been forever (last spring) since I have knitted on one so my needles are ready to go to work.:happydance:

A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope each of you will be spending the day with family and friends.

Katie
knitgirl2007

We have a spot on Blue Jean Baby and on Cupcake. I'm hoping to have Cupcake done next week and I can mail it off to you then. Do you want to do both?

knitgirl2007
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, I can knit on both. I have some free time now even with all the holiday rush!

Let me know if I need to pm my address to anyone.

Katie

LBECK
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I have bee-utiful ready for the next knitter. I am pretty sure it is Kayrun according to the blog. Dawn could you please check with her and make sure she is ready? I will be checking in every day and waiting to send.

LBECK
12-16-2009, 06:21 AM
I realize that it is really close to Christmas and everyone is busy. However, I feel like our Southeast thread is fading away. No one has been on here in 10 days. I have a blanket that I need to send to Kayrun. So, if any of you know anything about her please let me know if you think it would be okay to send it on.

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!

Debbie
12-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I really enjoyed knitting on Blue Jean Baby, is there another blanket out there that needs a knitter ???

HollyP
12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Lisa, I'll try PMing her over on Ravelry, she mentioned that she spends most of her online time there now. I;ll let you know when I hear something.

MAmaDawn
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I realize that it is really close to Christmas and everyone is busy. However, I feel like our Southeast thread is fading away. No one has been on here in 10 days. I have a blanket that I need to send to Kayrun. So, if any of you know anything about her please let me know if you think it would be okay to send it on.

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you Lisa, I did pm her here. I'm sorry I thought I sent you a pm saying that. This week has been super busy and this was the first time I have been able to get on here.

I really enjoyed knitting on Blue Jean Baby, is there another blanket out there that needs a knitter ???

Thank you we may need you for one.

Lisa, I'll try PMing her over on Ravelry, she mentioned that she spends most of her online time there now. I;ll let you know when I hear something.

Thank you Holly, I had not thought about sending it over there... I don't go on there much

HollyP
12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I got a hold of her. Sending the PM to Lisa with the address right now.

LBECK
12-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I hope I didn't offend anyone by my earlier post. It was just that I was the only one that had even posted in something like 16 days. It was getting depressing. lol I was just wondering how everyone is getting along with their knitting and even their lives if they didn't have anything to say about knitting. I know that everyone is really busy during the holidays and I respect that. I am busy also. I just don't want our thread to die out for lack of activity. I enjoy it so much and I think that you all do also.

HollyP
12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Did any of you get snow? I was hoping for it but all we got was rain! Both of my brothers, one in Alexandria and one in Richmond, say they have a ton of snow. I hope everyone is staying warm and dry! I got the cutest email from my brother this morning. The title was how deep is the snow here? The answer was one house cat deep.

Shandeh
12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
The answer was one house cat deep.
:roflhard:

MAmaDawn
12-20-2009, 01:57 AM
I hope I didn't offend anyone by my earlier post. It was just that I was the only one that had even posted in something like 16 days. It was getting depressing. lol I was just wondering how everyone is getting along with their knitting and even their lives if they didn't have anything to say about knitting. I know that everyone is really busy during the holidays and I respect that. I am busy also. I just don't want our thread to die out for lack of activity. I enjoy it so much and I think that you all do also.

I'm sorry if I sounded upset in my post, I really wasn't, just rushed and tired. I wasn't offended at all... :hug:

Holly we got about 2 FEET of snow!!!!!!! It comes up to my dog's head! It's really light too so we have a lot of drifts that are a lot higher. The pic of your brothers cat looked a lot like what my dog did out in it, she LOVED it! And we might get more on Mon, Thurs and Fri! I think I'm going to actually have a white Christmas! :woohoo:

HollyP
12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
A white Christmas- how cool!! We did end up getting a little snow last night. Nowhere near 2 ft though!!! Just a little dusting on the grass and bushes. Everything looks so peaceful and Christmas-y with snow
Apparently Leo(the cat) loves the snow! After he was out in it he kept trying to go back out. My cats on the other hand get a slight breeze from the door when I am coming in or out with Bentley and turn the other way with a shiver. :teehee:

LBECK
12-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't mind a little snow this week as I am on christmas vacation for a week. It would make for a beautiful christmas.

I will be sending out Bee-utiful today. I will pop over to Ravelry and send a message to Kayrun to let her know that I am sending it out, also.

I started Banana Split some time ago but I had to stop on it for a bit and now I have forgotten the pattern that I was using. Kind of making it up as I went. Maybe, I should not do that unless I am going to finish in that session. lol I now must start it again. Sorry. I hope to have it ready to send out the week after christmas.

Shandeh
12-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope that all of you have a Merry Christmas! :heart: :muah: :heart:
(Click the photo to see the snow falling!)

Howdovely
12-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Whew! What a couple of weeks it's been! I did receive Blue Jean Baby and have about half of my section done. I almost had to bring it home to NY State to finish over the holidays, but with the weather turning bad, I opted to not go in my tiny little car......

I'll finish it up this weekend for sure - I'll be spending the Holidays in Charlotte, NC and I plan on bringing ALL of my UFO's with me to actually make progress on them, or FINISH them! Yay!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!!

Shandeh
12-22-2009, 05:48 PM
:cheering: You'll be in MY neck of the woods! :hug:
We should meet up for coffee. :)

Howdovely
12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I totally thought of that, Sandy!!! What are your plans for the holidays? If I can get over by you, I definitely will!! I would love to see your new car!!!!!

MAmaDawn
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't mind a little snow this week as I am on christmas vacation for a week. It would make for a beautiful christmas.

I will be sending out Bee-utiful today. I will pop over to Ravelry and send a message to Kayrun to let her know that I am sending it out, also.

I started Banana Split some time ago but I had to stop on it for a bit and now I have forgotten the pattern that I was using. Kind of making it up as I went. Maybe, I should not do that unless I am going to finish in that session. lol I now must start it again. Sorry. I hope to have it ready to send out the week after christmas.

I've done that before.. several times... :teehee:.... looking forward to see both of them

Whew! What a couple of weeks it's been! I did receive Blue Jean Baby and have about half of my section done. I almost had to bring it home to NY State to finish over the holidays, but with the weather turning bad, I opted to not go in my tiny little car......

I'll finish it up this weekend for sure - I'll be spending the Holidays in Charlotte, NC and I plan on bringing ALL of my UFO's with me to actually make progress on them, or FINISH them! Yay!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas!!

Hope you have a great one too! And hope you get lots of knitting time and get to finish all your WIP!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

HollyP
12-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope every one has a very Merry Christmas!

HollyP
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Happy New Year everyone!!:hug: :muah: I hope you all have a safe and happy New Years eve!! I'm having a very low key New Year's, I'll be at home probably playing board games with my Mom and sister. I should try to get some knitting in, my niece is due in less than a month! I haven't done half the knitting for her that I thought I would. I have been having such an issue with sizing, since she hasn't been born yet I have no idea what sizes to knit. I'm hoping once she is born I'll be able to better gauge what she'll need when. I am going to knit her a hat and mitt set for the hospital. I just need to find the perfect yarn!

Shandeh
12-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I totally thought of that, Sandy!!! What are your plans for the holidays? If I can get over by you, I definitely will!! I would love to see your new car!!!!!

Gosh, I'm slow! :doh:
I can't believe I just saw your response, Brenda. I bet you're not in Charlotte anymore. :verysad:

LBECK
01-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I hope everyone is having a Great New Year so far. We had a very low key New Year's Eve just sitting at home watching the Twilight movie.

We are so loving this movie and the Books right now. I am a big fan. In fact I have been reading for the past week to take a small break from Knitting and crocheting. I have done nothing but Knitting and crocheting for about 2 years straight and it was getting a little bit monotonous so I thought a small break might help. I have a pair of booties to make this month for a co worker and an odd ball to get out there "Banana Split", I had to start it over, so I will be getting back to it very soon.

Howdovely
01-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Happy New Year! Happy I finished Blue Jean Baby! Wow, I've had it since just before Thanksgiving and thought for sure I'd finish it over THAT holiday!! Three holidays later...................

Whose next?? I took a picture and will post it now.

MAmaDawn
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I had a good new years, actually made it to midnight, that's a change. Usually by the time New Year's hits I'm so worn out from all the business of Christmas that I don't. We watched a bunch of Dr Who shows that my FIL had on his TiVO...

I'm next on Blue Jean Baby, so I'll send you my address now.:)

Debbie
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Can't wait to see how Blue Jean Baby is turning out! Any other blankets that need a knitter? Or, I could start one if needed !

Howdovely
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
My picture is still to big. I kept trying to condense it, but it still was rejected so I stopped trying. I meant to shrink it better at work and post it, but I forgot to email myself the file............ oh I wish I had a brain....

I'll try to do that tonight or tomorrow.

Shandeh
01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Brenda, you coul upload it to www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com), and it will automatically provide you with different sizes, ready to put into forums and blogs and websites. That is my favorite photo site. I have a pro account that my hubby renews for my birthday every year. The first 200 photos are free.

Howdovely
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Blue Jean Baby is on the road again. Whew! Sorry again that it took so long. (USPS Tracking #1379 7712 9160 0600 5884)
If you need a knitter for anything else, put me in. I'm on one other blanket, but my goal this year is to make more time to knit, especially for charity.

Howdovely
01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Brenda, you coul upload it to www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com), and it will automatically provide you with different sizes, ready to put into forums and blogs and websites. That is my favorite photo site. I have a pro account that my hubby renews for my birthday every year. The first 200 photos are free.

Thanks Sandy, I'll look into that. Is it a free site if its just for basics?

MAmaDawn
01-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it and working on it.

I added you both to blankets we have...

Debbie you will be the next knitter on cupcake I'm hoping to finish it this week.

Brenda, I gave you my spot on Banana Split, I have a lot going on right now and was thinking the other day that I might not be able to work on it when it was my turn.

Debbie if you want to start another blanket you can.

Debbie
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Mama Dawn ! You do a great job of keeping up with all of us and all the blankets !

MAmaDawn
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you Debbie!

I got Blue Jean baby today... it's so cute! I've started working on it. Not sure about the stitch pattern yet... we'll see :)

Howdovely
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks Dawn! I look forward to working on Banana Split now!! Yay!

Shandeh
01-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks Sandy, I'll look into that. Is it a free site if its just for basics?
The first 200 photos are free on Flickr.
If you want to store more than that, it's $24.95 a year. I think it's a good price. I use Flickr to store all my photos, and use them on blogs, forums (like this one) and other websites (including Ravelry). Just makes my life a LOT easier.

MAmaDawn
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
to the forum....

The Charity section will be merging with the KAL section. Everything we do will stay the same, it will just be in a different section on here. So anywhere you have this thread linked will need to be changed and your bookmarks and favorites will need to be updated too. The name of the thread will be the same so it will be easy to find.

If you have any question or concerns let me know...

Shandeh
01-14-2010, 06:30 AM
........anywhere you have this thread linked will need to be changed and your bookmarks and favorites will need to be updated too. The name of the thread will be the same so it will be easy to find.
Hi Dawn! :waving:
Good News: I just found out from Sheldon that our bookmarks and favorites should still work after the change! :cheering:

MAmaDawn
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi Dawn! :waving:
Good News: I just found out from Sheldon that our bookmarks and favorites should still work after the change! :cheering:
oh that IS good news!

HollyP
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have had the most exciting week! My niece Isabella was born on Jan 13th almost 2 weeks early. Mom and I raced up to Alexandria after a 6 am wake up call that they were at the hospital with my SIL in labor. We were not ready at all! (And neither were they!! They were literally in the middle of a bathroom remodel that was supposed to take a weekend but everything had been going wrong.) We got to the hospital about 20 minutes after she was born. She has a full head of thick dark hair and looks exactly like my brother and I as babies. Everyone who sees her says she is definitely a P!
I don't think I could be anymore excited. Isabella is absolutely amazing! Here are some pictures (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16963&id=100000172370641&l=6ded94a083) Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a first time Aunt!

WandaT
01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
She is gorgeous Holly!!! :)

MAmaDawn
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
She is so sweet! Congrats on being a new aunt and congrats to mom and dad... Thank you for sharing the pics!

Shandeh
01-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Yay! Love the baby photos! :cheering:

Howdovely
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Received Bee-autiful Baby blanket a few days ago. It's GORGEOUS! The pattern is a little intimidating to me, and I'll try to get into it this afternoon. I may be putting out a call for help if I can't figure it out! I've never really done a pattern before............ what was I thinking??? haha

LBECK
01-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for sharing Holly... The baby is beautiful.

Hope everyone else is doing great as well. I have taken a break from knitting for a couple of weeks and have been reading the Twilight Saga books and watching the movies... I am really taken with it all... I am about to get back to it this weekend though as I need to get banana split out to you all and I have a couple of tobaggons and a pair of baby booties to get made.

I am pleased to let you all know that two of four of the people who took my knitting class are still knitting. One more than the other but still that is half. I am pleased with them both and they are doing a great job.

LBECK
01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Brenda, I had to have help also, search youtube for Knitting into the stitch below. This video looks much like the one that I watched for help.

HollyP
01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Amy has a video here too in the glossary (http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-glossary). Scroll down until k-b. Once you get it, it is not hard at all. Good luck!!

eta: I finally bound off Diggers last night. Tonight I am working on the border, I hope to have pictures soon!

MAmaDawn
01-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Received Bee-autiful Baby blanket a few days ago. It's GORGEOUS! The pattern is a little intimidating to me, and I'll try to get into it this afternoon. I may be putting out a call for help if I can't figure it out! I've never really done a pattern before............ what was I thinking??? haha

I'm sure you'll get it, but if you need to pass it on to someone else that's ok too.

Thanks for sharing Holly... The baby is beautiful.

Hope everyone else is doing great as well. I have taken a break from knitting for a couple of weeks and have been reading the Twilight Saga books and watching the movies... I am really taken with it all... I am about to get back to it this weekend though as I need to get banana split out to you all and I have a couple of tobaggons and a pair of baby booties to get made.

I am pleased to let you all know that two of four of the people who took my knitting class are still knitting. One more than the other but still that is half. I am pleased with them both and they are doing a great job.

Looking forward to seeing Banana Split :)

HollyP
01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Diggers is DONE!!:woohoo: I'll have pictures later.

LBECK
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Banana Split is coming along finally. I hope to have it ready for the next knitter in a couple more days. I haven't been to the blog in a while, I will check to see who is next and let you know when I am ready to send it out. We are supposed to be having some bad weather tomorrow and the next day and I don't know how long that will last, but I will do my best to get it out as soon as possible. This has been the longest I have ever taken on one of these blankets and it kind of depresses me but now that I can see it getting somewhere I am better and it seems to be going faster. I am sorry it took me sooooooo long.

LBECK
01-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I checked the blog and Banana Split is not on it. Dawn can you tell me who will be the next knitter?

HollyP
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Lisa! I just realized yesterday that Banana Split wasn't on the blog- sorry for any confusion! I'm off to fix it now!!
Banana Split
LBECK
KellyBigEyes
MamaDawn
WandaT
SharonP
HollyP

kellybigeyes
02-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on Splish Splash!! It has been a slow go.... considering........................

I'm pregnant!! :woot:

I have been VERY tired and having to rest ALOT!!

We found out in Mid December. And had a few issues to come up that made us worry... but I will be 12 weeks in a few days and everything is looking great now!! I am still chugging along on the blanket, so I will let you know when I get it finished and ready to mail to the next person!!

Just keep us in your prayers!!

HollyP
02-05-2010, 09:38 AM
YEAH Kelly!!! Congratulations! I am so glad things are looking up for you! I continue to keep you and your baby in my prayers.

Can't wait to see Splish Splash!

SharonP
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Congratulations Kelly!! I'll keep lots of prayers coming your way!!

Sharon:hug:

Shandeh
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:
How exciting! :)

kellybigeyes
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks so much!!

Howdovely
02-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!

MAmaDawn
02-06-2010, 08:04 AM

YAY!!!! :woohoo:

So happy for you. I have 7 other friends that are too! I will be praying for you! :hug:

kellybigeyes
02-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks!!

biztec
02-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

Blue Jean Baby is finished; I'm putting the border on Lemondrops and Gumdrops now. I'll probably wait and send them both together, but thought I'd post some photos of BJB completed:

1. Blue Jean Baby on the blocking board
2. Holly P
3. Sharon P
4. Debbie
5. Howdovely
4. Mama Dawn
7. Burma (Biztec)last section and border

I took the names off the blog, so if I have the order wrong, forgive me!!

Debbie
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I love it !!! Thanks for the pictures.

HollyP
02-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow!! That looks great! Thanks for the pictures!!

biztec
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi All,

When I received Lemondrops and gumdrops along with Blue Jean Baby, I erroneously thought I was supposed to add a section to both, so Lemondrops is a little larger than normal!!

Here's the finished blanket. I added the pale orange/pale yellow section at the top before doing the border:

biztec
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry, I didn't upload all the files before posting.

Here are the knitters:

Burma (Biztec) Added above the first section.
Kelly P
Misha
Knitgirl007
HollyP
SharonP
Drea
Border-Burma (Biztec)

biztec
02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I want to thank whoever tucked the lovely laceweight yarn in with Lemondrops and Gumdrops (I think). I was so excited when the package came that I opened everything up quickly without paying attention. I'm guessing it was either Dawn or Drea. Okay now, fess up!!

Hugs,
Burma
Biztec

MAmaDawn
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
:heart: The blankets look GREAT! I love the way the borders pull them together!

I sent the yarn, I'm glad that you like it! :hug:

Howdovely
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I finished my part of Bee-utiful on Saturday.... Who's next? My camera is broken, but I'll try to upload a picture or two soon.

MAmaDawn
02-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I finished my part of Bee-utiful on Saturday.... Who's next? My camera is broken, but I'll try to upload a picture or two soon.

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days... I'll check with the next knitter now...

MAmaDawn
02-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Who else has gotten snow? We got 30 inches Friday and Sat and at least another foot today... 2 blizzards within a week of each other. And we might be getting more on Mon... :noway:

Howdovely
02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
That's ok, I'll be MIA for the weekend, but I can mail it out next week.

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days... I'll check with the next knitter now...

MAmaDawn
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on Splish Splash!! It has been a slow go.... considering........................

I have been VERY tired and having to rest ALOT!!

We found out in Mid December. And had a few issues to come up that made us worry... but I will be 12 weeks in a few days and everything is looking great now!! I am still chugging along on the blanket, so I will let you know when I get it finished and ready to mail to the next person!!

Just keep us in your prayers!!

BTW are you going to find out if you are having a girl or boy?

kellybigeyes
02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Yes!! I want to know... but hubby doesn't really. But we have a 2 1/2 yo daughter and I think it would be great for her to know!! So I think we will!! I will be 13 weeks Monday so it will be another 6 weeks or so before we can find out!! I will def let everyone know!!

HollyP
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Lemondrops and Gumdrops & Blue Jean baby arrived here today! They both look amazing in person!!!!

I'm going to be sending Blue Jean Baby to Auburnchick for one of the pregnant girls at her school who is having a boy. I really think she will love it!

MAmaDawn
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be out of town from Thursday until Sunday so you most likely won't hear from me until Monday. We are taking a trip WITHOUT the kids! :cheering:

Lemondrops and Gumdrops & Blue Jean baby arrived here today! They both look amazing in person!!!!

I'm going to be sending Blue Jean Baby to Auburnchick for one of the pregnant girls at her school who is having a boy. I really think she will love it!

Thanks Holly! I'm glad that we can help with the girls at her school. :heart:

biztec
02-18-2010, 08:10 AM

Sorry I forgot to send you the tracking info!!

HollyP
02-18-2010, 12:49 PM
No worries! We only need the tracking # for when something goes wrong!
Burma, I really am impressed with your borders! They finish off the blankets beautifully!

biztec
02-19-2010, 08:25 AM
No worries! We only need the tracking # for when something goes wrong!
Burma, I really am impressed with your borders! They finish off the blankets beautifully!

I'm so glad you like them!! I crocheted for many years before learning how to knit, and I still love crocheted borders.

Howdovely
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello all!

I handed off the blanket to Katie (knitgirl2007) last night. Coincidentally she's in the next town from me, so we met up at a local knitting group. What a great group of ladies! I can't wait to go next week also!!
Here's a picture of us with the blanket.

LBECK
02-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey all,

The blankets are sooo beautiful.

Howdovely and Katie, I think it is just fantastic that you all are close enough that you can just hand off the blankets. I am just finding out that many people in the city that I work in knit or crochet and it is a great feeling to know someone else who loves it as much as we do.

I have Banana Split all packed and ready to go to the Post Office now, but I am in Indiana, so it will be Monday before I send it out. I came up here with my daughter for interviews at Ball State University for their Higher Education Graduate Program. I am sorry Kelly, that it has taken me so long to get this blanket out. I didn't realize my life was soooooo hectic until I kept trying to get this accomplished. I am hoping it will settle down a little with the weather warming up and my son and his family finally getting to move into the home we are renovating for them. It is almost done. (thank goodness)

kellybigeyes
02-21-2010, 12:06 AM
No need to apologize! Have a safe trip!!

LBECK
02-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Kelly, did you receive Banana Split yet? I sent it out to you on Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't remember which one it was but it should have gotten there in like 2 days because I put it in an express envelope by mistake. Cost me like $13.00 or something to mail that thing. lol I learned to watch what I am doing more closely. :roflhard:

kellybigeyes
02-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I got it yesterday!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw that $13.00 sticker on there!! Sorry it cost you that much.

HollyP
02-27-2010, 02:26 PM
$13.00 :passedout: Ouch!!!

LBECK
02-28-2010, 08:36 PM
It's okay lesson learned. I am glad to hear that you received it.

MAmaDawn
03-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Kelly, did you receive Banana Split yet? I sent it out to you on Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't remember which one it was but it should have gotten there in like 2 days because I put it in an express envelope by mistake. Cost me like $13.00 or something to mail that thing. lol I learned to watch what I am doing more closely. :roflhard:

I've done that before too... lol!

knitgirl2007
03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I am finished with Bee-utiful and it is truly a fun stitch to work. I will see if Brenda can take a picture tonight at the shop to post.

Let me know who the next knitter is so I can mail it out Monday.

Happy Knitting,
Katie

Howdovely
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Yay! I'll be there with my camera! I will probably be a little late, but I'll be there! Brenda

I am finished with Bee-utiful and it is truly a fun stitch to work. I will see if Brenda can take a picture tonight at the shop to post.

Happy Knitting,
Katie

MAmaDawn
03-05-2010, 08:50 AM

Happy Knitting,
Katie
I'll check with the next knitter :)

LBECK
03-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Have we got any new blankets going. I haven't worked on one in a bit now. Was just wondering. I don't have any more needles or I would start another one if we are ready.

HollyP
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I think I have 3 or 4 of our needles, I need to double check. I was thinking about starting a blanket or two this week. Any ideas of which ones to start? My stash is embarrassing large, so I could very easily start almost anything.:teehee:

Debbie
03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Holly, if you want to send me a couple of pair of needles I will start two blankets!

LBECK
03-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I say start anything just pencil me in on some. I haven't worked on one in a while and my projects are caught up to some degree.

HollyP
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I say start anything just pencil me in on some. I haven't worked on one in a while and my projects are caught up to some degree.
Lisa would you like me to send you a set of needles? I thought I would be able to cast on this week but life has gotten a little crazy.

Holly, if you want to send me a couple of pair of needles I will start two blankets!
I'll be sending them in the next couple of days I just need to find an envelope! Do you know yet what blankets you want to start? I'm sure we could fill them up pretty quickly once people know what they will be working on.

LBECK
03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Lisa would you like me to send you a set of needles? I thought I would be able to cast on this week but life has gotten a little crazy.

Yes, that would be great with me. In the meantime I will try to find my list or come up with something to start and let you know here in a day or so.

CivicSista
03-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I am moving to FL on Tuesday I would love to join in on some.

HollyP
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Great! Welcome CivicSista!

MAmaDawn
03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi guys! :waving:

Sorry I went MIA there... haven't been feeling really well because of morning sickness... yup I'm pregnant too. :)

I'm due Nov 9th.

I think it would be great to start new blankets...

And we'd love to have you join us CivicSista... :hug:

HollyP
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Congratulations Dawn!!!! What happy news! Is there something in the yarn???:teehee: First Amanda, then Kelly, now you!
I hope you are feeling better soon.

ETA : The needles are going in the mail today!

kellybigeyes
03-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Congrats Dawn!! I am so excited for you!! Feel better soon.

Howdovely
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Dawn!!!