PDA

View Full Version : West Coast / Central Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shandeh
09-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Beautiful blankets! Beautiful flowers! :inlove:

purlingkitten
09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Rainbow Sherbert is ready to leave sunny Seattle and go to the next knitter. Just need an address. Will try to post picture before packing it up.

Purlingkitten

KnittinMitchie
09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I will be looking for Rainbow Sherbert.

PeattieWa
09-12-2008, 02:47 AM
I plan on getting both Disneyland and Rainforest in the mail on Saturday. Neither of these blankets will be traveling too far as each of the next knitters live within 80 miles of me.:woohoo: Becky

nannaknits
09-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Purple Mts. arrived safe and sound this afternoon. It is so pretty. I have to go get more yarn, the yarn I had picked has already been used. Yarn Shopping, my favorite pasttime. Thank you so much for the goodies Danielee (I hope I spelled your name right)

purlingkitten
09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Rainbow Sherbert left Seattle yesterday on its journey.

Confirmation # 0308 0660 0001 2710 8080.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Purlingkitten

KnittinMitchie
09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I will be on the look out for it.

nannaknits
09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I have finished my section of Purple Mountains Majesty. I will take it to the post office tomorrow. They have one of those automated machines in the lobby I can use.I will post the confirmation number when I get back. I have attached a photo but it doesn't do it much justice. This blanket is done in all purples and is very pretty in person.

pinnut3200
09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Tropical Plantation brought some much needed sunshine and warmth to Wyoming. I received it in today's mail.

Thank you for the treats. I don't "need" the sugar rush, but the taffy is too hard to resist. :muah:

PeattieWa
09-14-2008, 01:32 AM
As I was walking out the door to go to the post office before heading to work , the phone rang and on the other end was my son who is in the Air Force stationed in Mass.. I didn't have the heart to cut the conversation short, so I did not get to the post office with the 2 blankets. I'll try again on Monday! Becky:thumbsup:

auburnchick
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh Becky, that's certainly understandable! I'm sure your conversations was quite nice. That post office will be there on Monday!

nannaknits
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Purple Mts. Majesty is on it's way to Auburn, WA. Here is the confirmation number: 0307 3330 0000 2167 2094

pinnut3200
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/2858198054_697c911382.jpg

Ready for the next knitter. . .:)

auburnchick
09-14-2008, 11:10 PM
So pretty!!! :inlove:

auntcrafty
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Tropical Plantation is starting off to be a very bright blanket. It will add lots of color in the NICU!

Nancy -- are you sure you don't need the sugar rush, it seems to help you get thru the blankets very quickly!

KnittinMitchie
09-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I have Rainbow Sherbet. Thank you for the candy from Washington.

pinnut3200
09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2200 0581

PeattieWa
09-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Rainforest and Disneyland both were sent out this morning so should be arriving at their next destination in a few days.:yay:

Rainforest conf.#30073330000178869095

Disneyland conf. #03073330000178869125

Looking forward to Pacific Blues. Becky:knitting:

pinnut3200
09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Have the setting for this thread been changed recently?

The pages are too wide for my computer screen and require me to scroll horizontally. This started just a short time ago. I thought it was my computer, but none of the other KnittingHelp threads do this, just this one.

Any ideas?

auburnchick
09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Have the setting for this thread been changed recently?

The pages are too wide for my computer screen and require me to scroll horizontally. This started just a short time ago. I thought it was my computer, but none of the other KnittingHelp threads do this, just this one.

Any ideas?

What I have noticed is that sometimes, when a person has a long username and they post on a thread, everything stretches out to accommodate the space required for their name. As soon as that person's post gets bumped down and the page changes, then all is back to normal.

auburnchick
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi all!

Shandeh has put more yarn and needles in the mail. I should receive them later this week. :cheering:

I'd like to start a couple more blankets...especially since we are getting near the end of a few.

Mitchie and I were chatting one night and thought we could name one Pumpkin Spice (or Pumpkin Pie). We could do burnt oranges, browns, and white.

What other ideas might you have?

I have some dark and light blue yarn from the last package Shandeh sent me. I have no idea what's on the way.

Ideas??

Tobinknit
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
The Disneyland blanket made it to Bellingham safely today. Thanks PeattieWA for the yarn. I will post a picture when I am done with my section and let you know when it is ready for the next knitter. Not sure if I can start it tonight as I might not have a bright enough color for this blanket. Might have to go yarn shopping tomorrow. Can you believe it with all of this yarn I have around here? My DH sure can't. :-)

nannaknits
09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
How about one called Cotton Candy, done in pinks and pastels? I think that would be pretty, kinda like the Rainbow Sherbet one.

auburnchick
09-16-2008, 08:51 PM
The Disneyland blanket made it to Bellingham safely today. Thanks PeattieWA for the yarn. I will post a picture when I am done with my section and let you know when it is ready for the next knitter. Not sure if I can start it tonight as I might not have a bright enough color for this blanket. Might have to go yarn shopping tomorrow. Can you believe it with all of this yarn I have around here? My DH sure can't. :-)

Yeah, my kids kind of do the :?? when I say the same thing. :teehee:

How about one called Cotton Candy, done in pinks and pastels? I think that would be pretty, kinda like the Rainbow Sherbet one.

Oh, I LOVE that idea! Good one!

We've got more ideas...

Candy Cane
This -n- That (??) - Someone suggested we do one with odds and ends...not really a color scheme

Pinnut also suggested we do another Rainbow Garter blanket. They really are pretty and bright.

I'll let you know when the yarn and needles come in. We'll plan accordingly...preemie and worsted.

Thanks all!

:hug:

Tobinknit
09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
The blanket is ready for the next knitter. Sorry my picture isn't that great. I had to take it tonight and couldn't wait until I got home from work tomorrow to take it in the daylight.

PeattieWa
09-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Not only did the postal service deliver Disneyland quickly(less than 24 hours), Tobinknit is a speedster...... :woohoo: Thanks for posting the picture. Becky

jhelanee
09-17-2008, 11:27 AM
The rainforest blanket also made it to its next stop yesterday! Amazing how efficient USPS can be when things are only going a short distance, isn't it? PeattieWA included some very soft and squishy yarn (can't remember exactly what it was) that looks to be perfect for a child's something. Now I have to hope for a girl more than I already am so the color is appropriate... :teehee: Thank you!

Not sure what I am going to do for yarn yet - this blanket is a lot brighter than I thought it would be. Guess I need to go diving in my stash and possibly make a trip to the yarn store. Oh darn...

PeattieWa
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I've actually made some baby roll-brimmed hats with that yarn that came out very nicely. :knitting: Becky

KnittinMitchie
09-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm working on Rainbow sherbet and created my own stitch pattern to knit for my section. I did an argyle style with the interlocking diamonds. I had to frog back a few rows asthe first attempt I did not like.

DH says to skip the border as it looks good enough with out one but we shale see once I finish up my section.

auburnchick
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
The blanket is ready for the next knitter. Sorry my picture isn't that great. I had to take it tonight and couldn't wait until I got home from work tomorrow to take it in the daylight.

Lovely!!!! It's turning out so pretty!! :inlove:

I'm working on Rainbow sherbet and created my own stitch pattern to knit for my section. I did an argyle style with the interlocking diamonds. I had to frog back a few rows asthe first attempt I did not like.

DH says to skip the border as it looks good enough with out one but we shale see once I finish up my section.

Argyle???

:passedout:

I'll trust your judgment about the border. :thumbsup:

KnittinMitchie
09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Argyle???

:passedout:

I'll trust your judgment about the border. :thumbsup:

Oh Ye of little faith in my knitting abilities. and yeah I have no clue what I choose argyle it just sorta felt right for the texture.

auburnchick
09-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh Ye of little faith in my knitting abilities. and yeah I have no clue what I choose argyle it just sorta felt right for the texture.

Oh, it's not that I have little faith. I just know that argyle is amazingly amazing. That's all. :wink:

KnittinMitchie
09-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh, it's not that I have little faith. I just know that argyle is amazingly amazing. That's all. :wink:

Once I get it perfected I will let you know and will post the how I did it

auburnchick
09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
I am in need of a pinch knitter for Disney Land. Anyone interested and able to work the next section of it?

nannaknits
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
I would be happy to do the Disneyland section if you still need me.

auburnchick
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks! I'll send your address to the knitter who has the blanket!

:muah:

Tobinknit
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
The Disneyland baby blanket is in the mail to nannaknits in CA. Delivery confirmation: 0308 0660 0000 0335 8462

auburnchick
09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Here's a post from sepenguins, who posted on our Ravelry thread...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/sepenguins/2008_09190005.jpg

Here is my section of “California Coast”. I finished it about five minutes ago. I used a 4-row spiral rib pattern. It’s ready for the next knitter!

Also some ideas for new blankets,

Shades of “enter in color” start with the darkest and gradually get lighter

Fall/Autumn - Greens, Browns, Reds, Oranges, etc.

Winter Snow - Light Blues and Whites

I was also thinking about where to send the finished blankets. Since there are 10 states in our “division”, I thought every 5 blankets could go to a charity in one state and then rotate to the next state. Let me know what you think. :)

P.S. I would like to be on some of the new blankets, so put me on the list!

jhelanee
09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Just a quick note to say that Purple Mountains Majesty arrived safely on Wednesday. Thank you, nannaknits, for the chocolate and stitch holders!

I looked in my stash and I already have yarn that will work well, so now just need to find time to finish it up!

KnittinMitchie
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Here's a post from sepenguins, who posted on our Ravelry thread...

I was also thinking about where to send the finished blankets. Since there are 10 states in our “division”, I thought every 5 blankets could go to a charity in one state and then rotate to the next state. Let me know what you think. :)

Yes where will I be sending Rainbow Sherbet once its done or do you just want me to hold onto it?

auburnchick
09-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Just a quick note to say that Purple Mountains Majesty arrived safely on Wednesday. Thank you, nannaknits, for the chocolate and stitch holders!

I looked in my stash and I already have yarn that will work well, so now just need to find time to finish it up!

Oh wow! We'll have 2 blankets finished very soon!

:woohoo:

Yes where will I be sending Rainbow Sherbet once its done or do you just want me to hold onto it?

Why don't you send it to me. Same with you, jhelanee (I'll pm my address). I'm going to wash them up and hold them until I call the CA hospital next week. I just want to touch base with the coordinator there.

Now, to find that number...:??

auburnchick
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi all!

I received a LARGE box from Shandeh today...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2871811846_07e7a7bab2.jpg

Here's what I found when I unpacked it...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/2871812052_c96f1381bd.jpg

And close-ups...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2871812304_3aeb96aee9.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2870981057_a6f900a8d8.jpg

And these for me... cloud9

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/2870981429_8cda5f260a.jpg

So, I'm envisioning LOTS of blankets...

Several preemies...

Little Boy Blue
Lemonade Stand
Pretty in Pink

That's just a start!

I've got a couple of small squares to make this weekend, but I should be able to start one or two preemie blankets on Sunday. Sandy sent me two sets of the smaller needles that we use for preemie blankets (just as I was about to go out and buy some...perfect timing!).

As we finish other blankets, we'll cast on new ones.

Who wants to volunteer for which blanket?

First come first serve...

pinnut3200
09-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Several preemies...

Little Boy Blue
Lemonade Stand
Pretty in Pink

Who wants to volunteer for which blanket?

First come first serve...

You can add my name on any three blankets. :knitting:

nannaknits
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
You can add my name to the list too. I will be willing to do several if you need me. This is so much fun. Just put me where you need me.

Shandeh
09-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm glad you like the package! :hug:

PeattieWa
09-21-2008, 01:30 AM
I can work on up to 3 blankets as well.. Add me where needed.:knitting: Becky

Dimpledapple
09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Just put me wherever you need me :knitting:

KnittinMitchie
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
You know the drill stick me in as needed. Also what do I do with the needles when I'm done. Do I just hang onto them and then start a blanket later on?

I'll send you desert sands and rainbow sherbet in one package if that is okay.

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 09:17 AM
You know the drill stick me in as needed. Also what do I do with the needles when I'm done. Do I just hang onto them and then start a blanket later on?

I'll send you desert sands and rainbow sherbet in one package if that is okay.

Why don't you send me the needles in the package. I know you have a lot going on, so I don't want to ask you to cast on. I don't mind handling that. That way we can get more blankets started right away. I've got knitters chomping at the bit for more blankets. :teehee:

The enthusiasm of this group is heartwarming. :grphug:

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi all!

We have a new member! Her name is Crisco. She's a member of Ravelry (don't know if she's on KH). If you're on Ravelry, please look her up and give her a warm welcome!

I didn't have a chance to cast on any blankets this weekend. I had a soccer crisis to tend to and my head just wasn't into knitting. Plus, I forgot my stitch book, which I just have to have to select the perfect stitches!

I'll start working on them tonight.

KnittinMitchie
09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Will do :) I'll send the needles back with Desert Sands and Rainbow sherbet.

tripletmomma
09-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Desert Sand is getting ready to go on to the next knitter! Sorry to have to take the full 2w :aww: but I just started back to work (my 1st day was the day I got the blanket too) for the 1st time since going on bedrest when I was pregnant with my girls almost 3yrs ago.
Being a lefty & newbie knitter I was a bit concerned about how my part would turn out but I like it :) I used a double seed stitch as it's reversable so even if I was knitting on the wrong side it'd still look the same :teehee: My daughters picked the yarn it's Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate.
Here's some pictures~
The full blanket so far
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/001-1.jpg

Pics of the sections up close -not the best pics but there's such great detail in the knitting patterns, hopefully you can see it here!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/005.jpg

nannaknits
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
If you need help in Casting On I would be willing to help you. I would love to start one in pink. Just say the word and I will jump right on it. Nanna

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh my...Desert Sand is beautiful! Y'all have really done a wonderful job with the colors!!! :inlove:

Nanna, perhaps I'll send you the skein of this pretty pink yarn I received along with a set of needles.

Thanks so much for the offer!:muah:

nannaknits
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I have to agree, Desert Sand has turned out so pretty. Auburnchick, I have some pink and some needles here that I would be willing to donate to the cause. That way you could save on the postage for another blanket. What do you think?

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I have to agree, Desert Sand has turned out so pretty. Auburnchick, I have some pink and some needles here that I would be willing to donate to the cause. That way you could save on the postage for another blanket. What do you think?

Oh, you're so sweet! Ok. I'll accept your offer. That will free up a set for me to cast on another blanket.

Are we going to call your's Tickled Pink or Pretty in Pink? Will it be a preemie or worsted?

Also, do I need to send you an instruction sheet to accompany it?

Thanks!! :muah:

nannaknits
09-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Pretty in Pink sounds nice. My yarn is worsted weight and my needles are a size 7. I can download the file Shandeh has for the instruction sheet. You know the one that is attached to the sticky above the charity knitting forum. I will get started on this right away and let you know when I am finished with the first section. Thank you for allowing me to do this, you just made my day.

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Pretty in Pink sounds nice. My yarn is worsted weight and my needles are a size 7. I can download the file Shandeh has for the instruction sheet. You know the one that is attached to the sticky above the charity knitting forum. I will get started on this right away and let you know when I am finished with the first section. Thank you for allowing me to do this, you just made my day.

No, THANK YOU!!!

I am going to send you the sheet that I have...it has our logo and has been modified with our information. I'll PM it to you.

Let me know when you're ready to send it to the next knitter. I've got the list. :thumbsup:

Dimpledapple
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Autumn Reds is on its way to Washington! I ended up using a honey color because the red I had was the exact same shade nostash had used to start off the blanket! I hope it still looks autumn-y :aww:

Confirmation #: 0414 3364 8130 2311 5005

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2880109429_d188240a40_m.jpg

nannaknits
09-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Guess what was in the mail? The Disney Land Blanket. I just got back from yarn shopping. I picked a bright yellow. Yellow for Pooh, or perhaps Belle's dress in Beauty and the Beast, maybe Mickey's shoes... Disney used lots of yellow so I thought this was a good choice. I will get a picture of it when I finish my section.

auburnchick
09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi all!

I've been working on the lists for Lemonade Stand, Pretty in Pink, and Little Boy Blue.

Here's what I've got so far...

Lemonade Stand - Preemie
**auburnchick (cast on) -- I'm done...only did about one inch so we'll use six other knitters for blanket -- I'll post a picture tomorrow**
pinnut3200
dimpledapple
peattiewa
knittinmitchie
grannydani
nannaknits (6th section + border)

Pretty in Pink
nannaknits (cast on)
purlingkitten (rav)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
nostash2big
purlingkitten
sepenguins (border)

I'll try to cast on Little Boy Blue tomorrow:

Little Boy Blue - Preemie
auburnchick (casting on)
pinnut3200
nostash2big
wyospinner
dimpledapple
kaniger
sepenguins
purlingkitten (border)

Dimpledapple
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
You can put me on Little Boy Blues if need be :knitting:

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
You can put me on Little Boy Blues if need be :knitting:

Gotcha! I edited the list below. Two people on Ravelry filled in the rest of that blanket.

kaniger
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
:cheering: It's looking very bright and girly so far!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/2882667289_a045723cde_b.jpg

Shandeh
09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Great job everyone! :cheering:

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey all! I misspoke (or mistyped) before. Our preemie blankets are going to be donated to Salem Hospital, in Salem OR.

Because we have a couple of knitters near Seattle, we can donate preemie blankets to them the next go-round...after we get about ten donated to the first place.

I believe we're going to donate our worsted weight blankets to the Valleycare Medical Center in Pleasanton, CA. One of our knitters can deliver there. And, same as the preemies, we'll switch hospitals after ten so others get the privilege of delivering our gifts of love.

Nice job on Tropical Plantation! I've sent a message to the next knitter!

KnittinMitchie
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
So am I still sending you desert sands and rainbow sherbet when I get them done or do they go to California

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
So am I still sending you desert sands and rainbow sherbet when I get them done or do they go to California

Go ahead and send both blankets to me. I'll get them washed up and hold them until we have a few more and then mail them to the knitter who will be delivering them.

Don't forget the needles!

Thanks!

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 09:10 PM
"Someone's" been busy!

I finished casting on Lemonade Stand and Little Boy Blue.

For Lemonade Stand, I used the Checkerboard pattern from the book knit & purl. The yarn is Baby Bee Sweet Delight, and the color is "Sunny."

I only knit about an inch so we can fit in six other knitters, giving more people a chance to work on it.

I'm going to send along the yarn. My thinking is that this blanket would be cute if y'all wanted to alternate solid colors (say white and yellow) with this yarn.

**Please feel free to do whatever you want, though. It's only a suggestion, and the yarn is so soft and yummy, you might find yourself agreeing! Whatever you want...it's fine with me.**

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2883925128_78693d93c1.jpg

For Little Boy Blue, I used Yarn Bee Sweet Delight, and the color is Blueboy. I used the pattern Stocking Stitch Triangles from the knit & purl book. Again, I only knit about an inch...one pattern repeat...to allow more people to knit on it. I'll send the yarn along in case y'all want to alternate it as suggested above for the other blanket.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2883088725_eac91b7023.jpg

auburnchick
09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi again! Today, I bought two new sets of circular needles for more preemie blankets. I dug through the box of yarn that Shandeh sent me and pulled out a skein of Yarn Bee Sweet Delight, "Carousel."

It's so adorable, that I think a blanket named Carousel would be lovely!

So, who wants to work on it? I need six knitters and a border person.

auntcrafty
09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi again! Today, I bought two new sets of circular needles for more preemie blankets. I dug through the box of yarn that Shandeh sent me and pulled out a skein of Yarn Bee Sweet Delight, "Carousel."

It's so adorable, that I think a blanket named Carousel would be lovely!

So, who wants to work on it? I need six knitters and a border person.

:thumbsup: Me! Me! Me! :yay:

What colors are you thinking -- pink, blue, yellow, orange, etc?

Shandeh
09-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Great job with the new yarns, auburnchick! :)
That yarn is super soft, because it has some polyamide mixed in with the acrylic. But, I think that should be okay....it's not wool so it shouldn't be a problem to little babies sensitivities. :wink:

And it's machine washable and dryable.

kaniger
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Add me to the list if there's room! This is fun!!!

tripletmomma
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Oh add me too! I've got a lovely cotton candy verigated that I think would work great for carousel! I can knit or border or both :)

nannaknits
09-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Pretty in Pink is ready for the next knitter. I chose the Diagonal Rib off of Knittingonthenet.com I used Caron Simply Soft in Pink.

auntcrafty
09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Ooo -- very pretty!

auburnchick
09-24-2008, 06:05 PM
:thumbsup: Me! Me! Me! :yay:

What colors are you thinking -- pink, blue, yellow, orange, etc?

Yep. The yarn I used has all of these colors twirled around white yarn. It's so pretty!

Great job with the new yarns, auburnchick! :)
That yarn is super soft, because it has some polyamide mixed in with the acrylic. But, I think that should be okay....it's not wool so it shouldn't be a problem to little babies sensitivities. :wink:

And it's machine washable and dryable.

Awww...I knew you'd take good care of us and the babies! :hug:

Add me to the list if there's room! This is fun!!!

Gotcha! :thumbsup:

Oh add me too! I've got a lovely cotton candy verigated that I think would work great for carousel! I can knit or border or both :)

Done! :thumbsup:

Pretty in Pink is ready for the next knitter. I chose the Diagonal Rib off of Knittingonthenet.com I used Caron Simply Soft in Pink.

Oh...that looks DIVINE! :inlove:

I'll PM the next knitter.

auburnchick
09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I finished casting on two more blankets.

Here's Carousel. I used Yarn Bee Sweet Delight, and the color is "Carousel." I cast on 85 stitches and used the Check Pattern from my knit & purl book.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2885418221_eae1e9988b.jpg

Here's Puppy Love. I used the same brand of yarn, and the color is "Puppy." The pattern is Twisted Moss I from the same book mentioned above. I cast on 85 stitches for this blanket.

The picture doesn't show the flecks of color in this yarn. It's not completely cream colored.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2886253978_01ac5497cb.jpg

auburnchick
09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Ok...I wanted to catch everyone up on the newest blankets and the list of knitters for them. I have some openings, so speak up quickly.

Remember that I cast on Little Boy Blue, Lemonade Stand, and Puppy Love (even though my name isn't on the list below):

pinnut3200
nostash2big
wyospinner
dimpledapple
kaniger
sepenguins
purlingkitten (rav)

Lemonade Stand - Preemie
pinnut3200
dimpledapple
peattiewa
knittinmitchie
grannydani
nannaknits (6th section and border)

Pretty in Pink
nannaknits (cast on) - DONE
purlingkitten (rav)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
nostash2big
*Need one knitter
sepenguins (border)

Carousel
auntcrafty
crisco (rav)
purlingkitten
kaniger
*Need one knitter
tripletmomma (6th section and border)

Puppy Love
*Need 6 knitters and a border

**I will try to mail out my four blankets on Saturday, if I've heard from my knitters by then (confirming that they are ready).

auntcrafty
09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
The blankets look wonderful! Can't wait to get Carousel! I can try to do Puppy Love, if you put me at the end. I'm even willing to do the border if you need someone (I have a great border book).

auburnchick
09-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Terrific! I put you down as the 6th knitter and border gal for Puppy Love. Thanks!

nannaknits
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Can I be the on Puppy Love near the end?

auburnchick
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Can I be the on Puppy Love near the end?

Yep...sure can! I put you right before purlingkitten, who will knit the 6th section along with the border.

Thank you!

auntcrafty
09-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Yep...sure can! I put you right before purlingkitten, who will knit the 6th section along with the border.

Thank you!

Is purlingkitten doing the 6th section & border for Puppy Love or me? I'm confused -- :?? I thought you were responding to my earlier post. Either way is okay, just want to make sure!

jhelanee
09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Rain Forest is ready for the next knitter. I'll try to post a picture when I get home tonight...

nannaknits
09-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Blueberry Bliss arrived safe and sound in my mailbox today. Thank you so much for the tea. I love to drink tea, and have not tried Vanilla Caramel Truffle yet. I will use the light blue yarn that was included in the box for my section. Thanks for the yarn too. Nanna:muah:

nannaknits
09-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I took the Disneyland blanket out again to work on it and looked at the green Wool-Ease yarn that came in the box and scratched my head? Why was there Wool-Ease in with the blanket? Then the light bulb clicked on...Duh that was for me. So thank you for thinking of me, and sorry it took me so long to recognize that it was for me and not to use on the blanket. Nanna:aww:

auburnchick
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Is purlingkitten doing the 6th section & border for Puppy Love or me? I'm confused -- :?? I thought you were responding to my earlier post. Either way is okay, just want to make sure!

You know...I can't figure that one out! Whatever was I thinking?

I've got you down for the 6th section and border of Puppy Love.

I'm so sorry for the confusion! I've been subbing a lot. Perhaps it's Mommy Brain times 300 (the number of student's I've had this week)? :teehee:

auburnchick
09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Rain Forest is ready for the next knitter. I'll try to post a picture when I get home tonight...

I just sent the next knitter a PM. I'll let you know when I hear back.

auburnchick
09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi all! I’ve got all of the spots on the newest blankets filled up. Here are the updated lists:

Carousel - Preemie
auntcrafty
crisco (rav)
purlingkitten
kaniger
nostash2big
tripletmomma (6th section and border)

pinnut3200
nostash2big
wyospinner
dimpledapple
kaniger
sepenguins
purlingkitten (rav) (border)

Lemonade Stand - Preemie
pinnut3200
dimpledapple
peattiewa
knittinmitchie
grannydani
nannaknits (6th section and border)

Pretty in Pink
purlingkitten (rav)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
nostash2big
sepenguins (6th section and border)

Puppy Love - Preemie
pinnut3200
sepenguins
nostash2big
purlingkitten
nannaknits
auntcrafty (6th section and border)

Shandeh
09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Woo Hoo, West Coast! :cheering:

nannaknits
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
The Disneyland and Blueberry Bliss blankets are ready for the next knitter. Here are a couple of pictures of the progress so far. Disneyland is on top.

jhelanee
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow - you're fast!!! They look great. :thumbsup:

auburnchick
09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
They're so pretty!!! :inlove:

KnittinMitchie
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/KnittinMitchie/SN1VV55xWeI/AAAAAAAAAos/QDFKJ9_3ZSY/s800/DSCN0617.JPG

I have finished Rainbow Punch and put a simple border on in white.

auburnchick
09-26-2008, 05:57 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/KnittinMitchie/SN1VV55xWeI/AAAAAAAAAos/QDFKJ9_3ZSY/s800/DSCN0617.JPG

I have finished Rainbow Punch and put a simple border on in white.

Oh, that's pretty! :inlove: But is it a West Coast Blanket?? :??

KnittinMitchie
09-26-2008, 06:18 PM
yes it is. It was originally apricot shortcake or something of the nature

nannaknits
09-26-2008, 07:10 PM
It was called Rainbow Sherbet at one time, but regardless of it's name it is absolutely beautifu! Job well done!:heart:

auburnchick
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
yes it is. It was originally apricot shortcake or something of the nature

It was called Rainbow Sherbet at one time, but regardless of it's name it is absolutely beautifu! Job well done!:heart:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard:

This reminds me of a game you play when you're little. You sit in a circle with other children, and the first person tells the person beside them something. Then it gets passed around until the last person finally tells the first person. The story by that time is completely different!

Thanks for clearing that up! :teehee:

KnittinMitchie
09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh yes good old Telephone that was fun game.

nannaknits
09-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Here is the confirmation number for Pretty in Pink:
0307 3330 0000 2164 7931

tripletmomma
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Desert Sand is in the mail! Sorry to take so long, I thought I was waiting to get the OK & an addy only to find it in a PM I don't remember ever reading but wasn't a new one :aww:
DC: 0308 1400 0001 2922 4006

KnittinMitchie
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Will be looking for it. :)

Debkcs
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset and Pacific Blues were both mailed today. Should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.

Confirmation numbers:

Aunt Crafty: 0308 0660 0001 1221 6318

TripletMomma: 0308 0660 0001 1221 6349

I'm sorry they took a bit to get mailed, feel like I've been swimming in molasses since early August. Cannot wait for this weather to break!

purlingkitten
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Received Pretty in Pink from nannaknits today. Thanks for the goodies. Chocolate is the best!

Purlingkitten

purlingkitten
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
California Coast is on its way to the next kniitter. Conf # is
0308 0660 0001 2710 8103.

Purlingkitten

jhelanee
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm finally posting pictures!

Here's Rainforest:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/2898008470_6f738db6eb_d.jpg

And a close-up of the stitch pattern I used (double moss stitch):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2898008532_fca1283d47_d.jpg

And, finally, the finished Purple Mountains Majesty:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2898008428_8383b75758_d.jpg

I have the info for where I am supposed to send both of these, and will get them in the main in the next few days.

nannaknits
09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Wow Pretty in Pink got there fast. Thanks for letting us know it arrived. Purple Mts. and Rain Forest sure are pretty. Thanks for posting pictures.

auburnchick
09-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Oh wow! Rain Forest and Purple Mountains Majesty are beautiful! :inlove:

Thank you for posting pictures!!!

Shandeh
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Gorgeous blankets! :inlove:
And Excellent photography! :thumbsup:

KnittinMitchie
10-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I have Desert Sands . It looks wonderful. Thank you for the note cards TrippleMom.

nannaknits
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I finally made it to the post office today. Disneyland is on it's way to Lakewood, CO. Confirmation number: 0307 3330 0000 2141 2492 and Blueberry Bliss is on it's way to Livermore, CA. Confirmation number:
0307 3330 0000 2141 2461. Nanna

auntcrafty
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Carousel & Pacific Blues arrived today. I guess I'm going to be busy for a while. :cool: Too bad everything gets so sandy when I take them to the beach -- it would have been fun to knit on Pacific Blues while looking out at the Pacific.

Shandeh
10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Penny, EVERYTHING I knit gets "sandy". :teehee:

auburnchick
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM

:chair:

KnittinMitchie
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM

HAHA Good one

auntcrafty
10-03-2008, 12:47 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/15.gif

This almost happened!

So I have your permission to get the blankets even more sandy?

tripletmomma
10-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset arrived late last night :) I picked out yarn for it last week & laughed at myself when I opened the box because I picked the exact same yarn to do the last section as was done on the 1st section.

auburnchick
10-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset arrived late last night :) I picked out yarn for it last week & laughed at myself when I opened the box because I picked the exact same yarn to do the last section as was done on the 1st section.

That's so funny! What a great way to end the blanket!

Shandeh
10-03-2008, 06:04 PM
:chair:
HAHA Good one
http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/15.gifThis almost happened!
I'm glad I could offer a bit of entertainment for the masses.
:heart: :hug: :heart:

auburnchick
10-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi all!

I changed up the order of a couple of blankets because I've got a couple of knitters who are going to be inundated with them. I certainly do not want anyone to become overwhelmed. These blankets are moving along so quickly that they are arriving faster than we originally expected!

Anyhow, here's a list of the blankets and their order. Some of the lists haven't changed.

If you need to be switched around, please don't ever hesitate to let me know. This is supposed to be a fun project, so if it's not a good time, just let me know (not that anyone has complained...just wanted to get that out).

Ok...the lists:

Pacific Blues
Debkcs - DONE
auntcrafty - has the blanket now
crisco (rav) - added in for grannydani, who is going on vacation
PeattieWa
ladylou
dimpledapple
knittinmitchie - border

Grand Canyon Sunset
auburnchick (cast on) - DONE
pinnut3200 - DONE
Dimpledapple - DONE
auntcrafty - DONE
Debkcs - DONE
tripletmomma - last section and border - working on right now

Desert Sand
ladylou (cast on) - DONE
pinnut3200 - DONE
Dimpledapple - DONE
nostash2big (rav) - DONE
nannaknits - DONE
tripletmomma - DONE
knittinmitchie - border - working on right now

Rain Forest
pinnut3200 (cast on) - DONE
nostash2big - DONE
ladylou - DONE
PeattieWa - DONE
jhelanee - DONE
Purlingkitten - working on now

Blueberry Bliss - Preemie
jhelanee - DONE
nannaknits - DONE
grannydani (rav) - working on now
Tobinknit - ready
wyospinner
purlingkitten
knittinmitchie - border

Autumn Reds
nostash2big (rav) - DONE
Dimpledapple - DONE
Purlingkitten - DONE
sepenguins - waiting for the blanket
wyospinner
nannaknits - last section and border

Disneyland
auburnchick (cast on) - DONE
PeattieWa - DONE
Tobinknit - DONE
nannaknits - DONE
nostash2big (rav) - working on now
auntcrafty
knittinmitchie - border

California Coast
auburnchick - DONE
kaniger - DONE
sepenguins - DONE
Purlingkitten - DONE
nostash2big(rav) - working on the blanket now
knittinmitchie
tripletmomma - border

Tropical Plantation - Preemie
auntcrafty (cast on) - DONE
pinnut3200 - DONE
kaniger - DONE
nostash2big (rav) - Almost done
Purlingkitten - ready
nannaknits - border

Carousel - Preemie
auntcrafty - working on now
crisco (rav)
purlingkitten
kaniger
nostash2big
tripletmomma - last section and border

pinnut3200 - DONE
wyospinner - waiting for the blanket
nostash2big
dimpledapple
kaniger
sepenguins
purlingkitten (rav) - border

Pretty in Pink
purlingkitten (rav) - working on now
kaniger
crisco (rav)
nostash2big
sepenguins - last section and border

Puppy Love - Preemie
pinnut3200 - DONE
sepenguins - waiting for the blanket
nostash2big
purlingkitten
nannaknits
auntcrafty - last section and border

KnittinMitchie
10-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I hope to have desert sands done this weekend and in the mail come the beginning of the week. Auburn I will also be sending you Rainbow Sherbet.

auburnchick
10-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds great, mitchie!

After I receive them, I am going to start a couple of new blankets. I think this will be the perfect time to start Candy Cane (red and white) and Pumpkin Pie. I won't start these until the week after next, though, since next weekend will find me traveling to a soccer tournament, although I could take the needles and yarn with me.

pinnut3200
10-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I posted photos of Lemonade Stand, Little Boy Blue, and Puppy Love, but they disappeared. Was it deleted for some reason or do I need to post it again?

auburnchick
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't think so. I'm copying this from the Ravelry thread.

Introducing three new blankets… Lemonade Stand, Little Boy Blue, Puppy Love

Nathalie cast on and knit about an inch on each of these blankets and sent them to me. Here is what they look like now:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2911572071_bc8c3e1a52.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2912420214_fba23763c1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/2912420150_3b1448f6f8.jpg

KnittinMitchie
10-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Sounds great, mitchie!

After I receive them, I am going to start a couple of new blankets. I think this will be the perfect time to start Candy Cane (red and white) and Pumpkin Pie. I won't start these until the week after next, though, since next weekend will find me traveling to a soccer tournament, although I could take the needles and yarn with me.

I'm sending you back 2 sets of needles plus a little something for you that I made :)

auburnchick
10-04-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm sending you back 2 sets of needles plus a little something for you that I made :)

Oh...a present...for me??? I like surprises.

:yay:

Poor mailman...I'll be stalking him now...

:angelgrin:

auntcrafty
10-05-2008, 02:33 AM
The thread isn't missing -- it was listed seperately from this thread within the Charity section. Here is the link -- Three New Oddballs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84277)

auntcrafty
10-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Poor mailman...I'll be stalking him now...

:angelgrin:

You stalk him http://bestsmileys.com/peeping/2.gif and he'll never give it to you! http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/3.gif You better be good! http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

nannaknits
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM
According to the USPS website Disneyland was delivered on Oct. 2 and Blueberry Bliss was delivered on Oct. 3. I haven't seen a post about them being received. I am worried that they might have gotten delivered to the wrong persons.

auburnchick
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
According to the USPS website Disneyland was delivered on Oct. 2 and Blueberry Bliss was delivered on Oct. 3. I haven't seen a post about them being received. I am worried that they might have gotten delivered to the wrong persons.

I'm sorry...those are Ravelry knitters. They had posted over there that they received the blankets because I only make notes on my spreadsheet once I get "official" word. Sometimes I forget that I need to post that info here for the Ravelry members of our group.

KnittinMitchie
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I have finished Desert Sands. Got it done last night. Auburn it and Rainbow Sherbet will e going into the mail today pending it doesn't rain all day.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/KnittinMitchie/SOoJUGyJ1zI/AAAAAAAAArw/rnZlp8kq9jA/s800/DSCN0625.JPG

tripletmomma
10-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset is done with knitting & onto the border :happydance: I'll be starting the border tonight but I figured I'd give ya'll the progres pic on the section I just finished. Again I used a double seed/moss stitch ( :teehee: I figured it out & so I'm sicking with it for a bit ;) ). The verigated skein on top is what I'll be using for the border, it's got a bit of all the colors in it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/015.jpg

auburnchick
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Lovely job ladies!!! :inlove:

KnittinMitchie
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Confirmation # 0308 1400 0001 0539 3047

This is for Rainbow Sherbet and Desert Sands it is coming parcel post.

auburnchick
10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I received Purple Mountains Majesty from jhelanee today! She sent along an adorable skein of yarn and a box of tea. Thank you!

I'll wash up the blanket and keep hold of it until we get a few more so we can donate several at once.

jhelanee
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, that got there quick!! :shock: I just mailed it Sat afternoon and it is already all the way across the country. Guess USPS deserves kudos for this one.:happydance:

Glad you like the yarn and tea. Enjoy!

pinnut3200
10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Mailed today:

Lemonade Stand -- confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2200 0635

Puppy Love -- confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2200 0628

Little Boy Blue -- confirmation # -307 3330 0001 2200 0642

purlingkitten
10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I received Rain Forest today from jhelanee. Thanks for the yarn. I want to knit it right now but guess I should do Rain Forest first.

The blanket is so pretty. Alll the colors look so bright and cheerful.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that Wyospinner, one of our newer members, received Little Boy Blue from pinnut3200 today. She is thrilled as this is her first blanket.

Also, her sister, Patty, will be joining our efforts. She's not on Ravelry or KH, but she wanted to help out. She'll be tag-teaming with Kay (Wyospinner). I've been in contact with her via email, and she's very excited.

Yesterday, when I received Purple Mountains Majesty, jhelanee also sent me a set of needles...one that had been used on a blanket when we were part of the large, country-wide, project. I'll try to cast on a new blanket this weekend while I'm at a soccer tournament.

The new blanket will be called Candy Cane. I thought it might be neat to alternate white and red yarn. I've got both colors in I Love This Yarn, so the yarn can travel to keep it consistent. I also thought we could do this one in only garter stitch.

Here's the list of knitters thus far (I plugged in our newest knitters first):

auburnchick (cast on)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
wyospinner
Patty
*Need one knitter
*Need someone to do the border

I should also be receiving two more sets of needles from Knittinmitchie. I'm going to cast on Pumpkin Pie and Neon Rainbow. Neon Rainbow will be in all garter stitch, and we'll follow the colors of the rainbow.

**Pinnut told me that she has green and purple leftover from when we worked on Rainbow blankets for the big project. Please let me know which color you want to do. I'll give you first choice since you've already mentioned it.**

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue (Indigo)
Violet
Border Person

Let's stick with the brighter shades of the above colors. Caron Simply Soft has the perfect shades, IMHO, but you can use whatever brand you want.

Here's a picture of one of our completed blankets from the past:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2489693017_4b4850b2e2_m.jpg

Oh, and if you want to take a peek at other blankets that we've completed, go to this (http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/)link.

Ok...that's all for now. I'm going to copy this info on the Ravelry thread.

First come, first serve for the blankets. :wink:

KnittinMitchie
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I call border but what color would the border be

auburnchick
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I call border but what color would the border be

I think we've done black before.

And thank you. :thumbsup:

Dimpledapple
10-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I can work on Neon Rainbow. I'd love to do red, but I'm open to whatever color is available!

auburnchick
10-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I can work on Neon Rainbow. I'd love to do red, but I'm open to whatever color is available!

AWESOME!

Would you like to cast on this blanket? Basically, what you do is just knit the first four inches since I usually start the blankets with a garter border anyhow.

If so, I'll send you a set of needles along with the instruction sheet and a card for everyone to sign.

If you prefer not to, I can always get it started.

Dimpledapple
10-08-2008, 01:24 AM
AWESOME!

Would you like to cast on this blanket? Basically, what you do is just knit the first four inches since I usually start the blankets with a garter border anyhow.

If so, I'll send you a set of needles along with the instruction sheet and a card for everyone to sign.

If you prefer not to, I can always get it started.

Sure! I'd love to cast on . Yay for new blanket :woohoo:

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Sure! I'd love to cast on . Yay for new blanket :woohoo:

Yay for all of you too!

:grphug:

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Sepenguins (Ravelry) will be working the yellow on Neon Rainbow, and she also volunteered to work on Pumpkin Pie.

We have orange, green, blue, and violet (purple) left, although I'm going to let pinnut decide if she wants to do the green or the purple.

pinnut3200
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Sepenguins (Ravelry) will be working the yellow on Neon Rainbow, and she also volunteered to work on Pumpkin Pie.

We have orange, green, blue, and violet (purple) left, although I'm going to let pinnut decide if she wants to do the green or the purple.

Put me down for purple on the rainbow blanket. :)

Thanks,

nannaknits
10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
I would like to do blue, or purple, which ever one pinnut doesn't do. Nanna

tripletmomma
10-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I've got plenty of Carion Mango left, I'd be happy to do orange if that'll work for it :)

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Put me down for purple on the rainbow blanket. :)

Thanks,

Gotcha! :thumbsup:
I would like to do blue, or purple, which ever one pinnut doesn't do. Nanna

I put you down for blue. Thanks! :wink:

I've got plenty of Carion Mango left, I'd be happy to do orange if that'll work for it :)

Terrific! Thank you!

Now, all we have left is the GREEN.

Takers?

tripletmomma
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Grand Canyon Sunset is finished! :D I used a shell edging as it reminds me of mountains

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/002-2.jpg

purlingkitten
10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll be happy to do the Candy Cane border and also work on Pumpkin Pie. What great holiday treats and they are not fattening.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset is finished! :D I used a shell edging as it reminds me of mountains

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jeska28/002-2.jpg

It's beautiful!!! Lovely choice for the border!!!

The gals who worked on this blanket were:

auburnchick
pinnut3200
Dimpledapple
auntcrafty
Debkcs
tripletmomma

We did good!! cloud9

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I’m posting updated lists of the NEW blankets. I’ll try to get these on the blog soon.

Pumpkin Pie
auburnchick (cast on)
pinnut3200
sepenguins
purlingkitten
crisco
NEED ONE KNITTER
NEED SOMEONE TO DO THE BORDER

Candy Cane
auburnchick (cast on)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
wyospinner
Patty
NEED ONE KNITTER
purlingkitten - border

Neon Rainbow
dimpledapple - red (casting on)
tripletmomma - orange
sepenguins - yellow
green - purlingkitten
nannaknits - blue
pinnut3200 - violet
knittinmitchie - border

nannaknits
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Thank you for post the link to the past blankets, that was fun to look at. If you still need knitters for Candy Cane or Pumpkin Pie I would be willing to do one of them. Or I could do the border if needed.

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you for post the link to the past blankets, that was fun to look at. If you still need knitters for Candy Cane or Pumpkin Pie I would be willing to do one of them. Or I could do the border if needed.

I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the other blankets. This project is so much fun...so many creative and talented people!

I put you down for the Candy Cane blanket, and I'll put you down on Pumpkin Pie if the slots don't fill up (I still have the 6th section and border positions open).

Here's a list of the Candy Cane blanket order:

Candy Cane
auburnchick (cast on)
kaniger
crisco (rav)
wyospinner
Patty
nannaknits
purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi all.

I wanted to ask y'all a small favor.

When you do your section of the blanket, would you weave in the ends from where you tied on your yarn? Essentially, you would be weaving in the tail from where the last person ended their section and then cut the yarn, and the beginning tail where you start your section.

Do NOT weave in the end where you leave off, or else the next knitter will have a difficult time tying on their own yarn.

If we all do this, then the last person won't be left with all of that to do before working the border.

Thanks all!

nannaknits
10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh that is a good idea. Anything to help out.:thumbsup:

auburnchick
10-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I received Desert Sand and Rainbow Sherbert today. Thank you, Knittinmitchie, for the beautiful stitch markers!

I have to say that these are lovely blankets! What a difference holding them makes, as opposed to seeing pictures.

Everyone did a lovely job!!

auburnchick
10-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Wyospinner just sent me a picture of Little Boy Blue, with her section knitted up.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2929352470_ebe2101bcc.jpg

On to the next knitter!

KnittinMitchie
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Glad you like your stitch markers. :) It's cheaper to make my own purdy ones instead of buying them.

Tobinknit
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I received Blueberry Bliss from Grannydani on Ravelry. Thanks for the goodies. I should have it done by the end of this weekend.

auburnchick
10-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi all!

I wanted to tell you that another blanket has been started. This one was cast on by nannaknits, and purlingkitten worked on it too. It has an interesting story about how it came to be, but I'll let nannaknits share it, if she's so inclined.

We're going to call the new blanket Cotton Candy. Now that two knitters have worked on it, we'll need 4 more plus someone to do the border.

Do I have any volunteers?

Dimpledapple
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Lemonade Stand arrived today! Thanks, pinnut, for the yummy candy and tea :hug: Will definitely enjoy them while I knit!

Tobinknit
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Blueberry Bliss is on its way to Wyospinner. Confirmation number is: 0305 2710 0000 8382 9358.

nannaknits
10-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Well let me tell you about Cotton Candy. I cast-on and knitted a diagonal rib for Pretty in Pink. I started doubting myself when I finished my section. To me it looked too narrow, so I cast-on a second blanket. This time I used the K4, P4 check pattern. They both turned out to be approximately the same size. I thought I would just go with the diagonal knit blanket. But somehow in my measuring I ended up with both blankets on one needle. I was visiting my daughter in Colorado. She is a Sgt in the Army and had just returned from Iraq. I was in the process of coming back to California. I couldn't find the second pink blanket. I thought maybe I just packed it in the stuff to come back home. I didn't think anymore about it. Then today Auburnchick emails me. It appears there are two sections of 100 stitches each, what did I do? Then I knew where the second blanket was. OH OH. I told Auburnchick that she could do what she wished with the second blanket, but that I felt the silver lining in this cloud was we had another blanket for the babies. That is how Cotton Candy was conceived.:teehee: Go ahead and have a good laugh about this, I sure did. Nanna

auburnchick
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
It really is a GREAT story! You had me wondering, but now I totally understand how that could happen. Too funny, my knitting friend. :teehee:

purlingkitten
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
That is a good story. I did enjoy working on both the blankets, Pretty in Pink and Cotton Candy. I know that someone will be wrapped in warmth and love.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi all!

I'm back from the soccer tournament. I can usually jump online when I'm gone to these, but we kept ourselves busy with shopping in between games.

I didn't get much knitting done this weekend. I'm about halfway done with the first section of Candy Cane.

I was wondering...would anyone like to cast on for Pumpkin Pie? I checked my yarn, and I don't have any colors that would work with this theme.

I can send you the needles, card to sign, and instruction sheet that travels with the blankets.

Thanks!

Shandeh
10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I was wondering...would anyone like to cast on for Pumpkin Pie? I checked my yarn, and I don't have any colors that would work with this theme.
I can help out if you need it, Nathalie. Just say the word. The only thing I'll need is the instruction sheet, which I can print out on my printer.

auburnchick
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I can help out if you need it, Nathalie. Just say the word. The only thing I'll need is the instruction sheet, which I can print out on my printer.

Sounds good, Sandy. Thank you, my friend. :muah::muah:

I'll send you the instruction sheet.

Shandeh
10-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm on it! :thumbsup:

KnittinMitchie
10-13-2008, 11:04 PM
auburn once I'm done with my commitment i think I'm going to take a break. I've been neglecting my spinning and normal non-class & charity knitting. Plus we are leaving Dec 19th or 20th to head out of town for Christmas.

auburnchick
10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
auburn once I'm done with my commitment i think I'm going to take a break. I've been neglecting my spinning and normal non-class & charity knitting. Plus we are leaving Dec 19th or 20th to head out of town for Christmas.

Totally understandable, my friend. You deserve a vacation. :hug:

I'm thinking that we'll get these blankets that are on the needles done and donated and then take a short hiatus to let us catch our breath. We're putting out a lot of blankets in a very short time...very impressive!

auburnchick
10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi guys! We’ve been rather quiet the last few days, eh? Probably all busy knitting.

Well, I just finished casting on Candy Cane. Here’s a picture:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3045/2943549592_579b3ba46c.jpg

This blanket is going to be all garter stitch, and we’ll alternate the red and white yarn. I used I Love This Yarn, and I’m going to send the remainder of the white skein, along with a skein of red (not full skeins, mind you, but almost full).

I received two blankets in the mail today…Pretty in Pink and another that I’m going to name Strawberry Shortcake. We were going to call this one Cotton Candy, but I don’t think it looks much like that. Perhaps “Strawberry Shortcake” will stick until the end this time. :teehee:

Here’s a picture of it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2942689183_4657c62b4a.jpg

The next picture is Pretty in Pink. Don’t get confused by the colors…they were knit by the same gals who used the same colors on both blankets. Nannaknits used two different stitches for the first section.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/2942689513_513819620a.jpg

Remember, we’re re-naming Cotton Candy to ”Strawberry Shortcake.” I put it on a separate set of needles and will ship it out as soon as I have a knitter for the next section. I still need four more knitters plus someone to do the border. Does anyone want to sign up?

I also need one more knitter and someone to do the border for Pumpkin Pie. If anyone is interested in working on this blanket, please let me know.

Ok…I think that’s it for now.

Whew!

Shandeh
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Beautiful! :heart:

purlingkitten
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Just ot let everyone know, I received Tropical Plantation today along with a gift of notecards. Thanks so much Nostash2big. Think I'll go find some yarn and knit a little.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-14-2008, 11:46 PM
The needles and other stuff for Neon Rainbow are going in the mail in the morning. Dimpledapple, be on the lookout!

auntcrafty
10-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Disneyland arrived today -- now to figure out what color and stitch to use. http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/2.gif

Dimpledapple
10-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Remember, we’re re-naming Cotton Candy to ”Strawberry Shortcake.” I put it on a separate set of needles and will ship it out as soon as I have a knitter for the next section. I still need four more knitters plus someone to do the border. Does anyone want to sign up?

I also need one more knitter and someone to do the border for Pumpkin Pie. If anyone is interested in working on this blanket, please let me know.

Ok…I think that’s it for now.

Whew!

You can sign me up for Strawberry Shortcake! Oh, and thanks a bunch for the needles :muah:

auburnchick
10-15-2008, 09:06 AM
You can sign me up for Strawberry Shortcake! Oh, and thanks a bunch for the needles :muah:

Thanks! I'll try to get it in the mail either tomorrow or Friday.

auburnchick
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Blueberry Bliss made it safely into the hands of Wyospinner. Just wanted to let y'all know since she's not on KH.

BTW, have I told you guys how much you ROCK?!

I've been looking over our spreadsheet of blankets, and it's simply incredible how much we're doing in such a short amount of time.

:grphug:

nannaknits
10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Auburnchick, I would be willing to do Pumpkin Pie if you still need someone. Also since I goofed up and cast on an extra blanket (Strawberry Shortcake) I would be willing to do another section on it too, maybe the border. I could make both ends match. That is if no one else steps up to the plate. Nanna

auburnchick
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks nanna!

Here's a list of knitters for Pumpkin Pie, Candy Cane, and Strawberry Shortcake:

Pumpkin Pie
shandeh (cast on) - Working on now
pinnut3200
sepenguins
purlingkitten
crisco
nannaknits
*Need someone to do the border*

Candy Cane
auburnchick - DONE
kaniger - Waiting for the blanket
crisco
wyospinner
Patty
nannaknits
purlingkitten (border)

Strawberry Shortcake
nannaknits - DONE
purlingkitten - DONE
dimpledapple - Waiting for the blanket (I will mail it)
pinnut3200
*Need someone for the 5th section
nannaknits - last section and border

I'll try to get the blog updated in the next day or two. I'm going to be traveling again this weekend, so I don't know how much time I'll get online. My daughter is going to a recruiting weekend at a state college. Keep your fingers crossed...

auburnchick
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Candy Cane and Pretty in Pink will leave my house tomorrow en route to Kaniger.

Strawberry Shortcake will also depart, headed for Dimpledapple.

auntcrafty
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I am willing to do the border for Pumpkin Pie.

auburnchick
10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I am willing to do the border for Pumpkin Pie.

Thank you, Penny! :hug:

All of the slots for Pumpkin Pie are now filled. Now we just need one more knitter for Strawberry Shortcake, and then I think we'll take a breather!

Anyone got some pink yarn laying around that they would like to use for it? :teehee:

pinnut3200
10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
With the holidays coming, I think finishing this round of blankets and taking a breather/break is a great idea.

tripletmomma
10-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Thank you, Penny! :hug:

All of the slots for Pumpkin Pie are now filled. Now we just need one more knitter for Strawberry Shortcake, and then I think we'll take a breather!

Anyone got some pink yarn laying around that they would like to use for it? :teehee:

Is it ok to have sparklies in it? I've got 2 1/2 skeins of pinks left over from a baby blanket, but they've both got a silver thread running though. If that's ok I'll take the open slot on Strawberry Shortcake.

auburnchick
10-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Is it ok to have sparklies in it? I've got 2 1/2 skeins of pinks left over from a baby blanket, but they've both got a silver thread running though. If that's ok I'll take the open slot on Strawberry Shortcake.

Oh yes! That sounds so pretty!

Thanks!

SueD
10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Does Oddball refer to the fact that we use one "odd" ball of yarn for each knitter? Or is something else odd about this:wink:

KnittinMitchie
10-16-2008, 04:19 PM
SueD that is was the idea of the project from the way I understand it but I could be wrong.

auburnchick
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Sepenguins, from over on Ravelry, posted this information about Puppy Love:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/sepenguins/2008_10170028.jpg

Puppy Love is done. The stitch pattern I used is called Moss Knit Rib.

KnittinMitchie
10-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I got California Coast today. Thank you for the post cards

purlingkitten
10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Rain Forest is finished and is on the move to auburnchick. Conf # is 0307 3330 0000 2343 7950.

Hopefully she willl post picture upon receipt.

Purlingkitten

Shandeh
10-19-2008, 10:46 PM
I finished the first section of "Pumpkin Pie". I used a brown yarn with lots of flecks of different autumn shades. It doesn't look like a pumpkin pie, but it reminds me of the fall season, when I eat a lot of pumpkin pie. :teehee:

I guess you could say that it is a chocolate graham cracker crust for a pumpkin cheesecake. YUM!!!! :mmm:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2956355145_ebe44226a6.jpg

I used Red Heart Tweed yarn, which is MUCH softer than Super Saver. I really like how cushy the yarn feels. I think I'll make a hat with the remaining yarn. :)

auburnchick
10-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Sandy, it looks great! You always pick out the prettiest colors!

Pumpkin Pie will be traveling to Pinnut3200 next.

Dimpledapple
10-20-2008, 11:29 PM
A couple of packages were waiting for me this weekend! I got Strawberry Shortcake and the needles to start Neon Rainbow. Nathalie, thank you so much for both packages and for the lovely yarn :muah: I'm already looking for projects for them! :knitting:

auntcrafty
10-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I like it a lot, Sandy.

auburnchick
10-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Wyospinner finished her section of Blueberry Bliss and mailed it to purlingkitten (http://www.ravelry.com/people/purlingkitten) today. Here’s what it looks like right now:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2959970767_21a91f29ec.jpg

auntcrafty
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Carousel & Pacific Blues are on their way to Crisco (Ravelry) in OR -- confirmation # 03080730000015388479.

I'm having trouble getting the picture attachment to work for me tonight, so I'll have to try again tomorrow. I also took pictures of Disneyland since Nostash2big (Ravelry) was having camera problems & will include that as well. Sorry!

auburnchick
10-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Let me know if you continue to have a problem posting the pictures. You can always PM them to me or send them to me via my email address (just let me know, and I'll provide it).

Thanks for the postage information! :hug:

auntcrafty
10-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Let me know if you continue to have a problem posting the pictures. You can always PM them to me or send them to me via my email address (just let me know, and I'll provide it).

Thanks for the postage information! :hug:

Thanks -- think it was due to slow internet connection tonight & I'm too tired to mess with it.

auntcrafty
10-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Last try -- let's hope this works!

Carousel
Used Bernat Softee Baby in white & moss zigzag stitch -- white because of the carousel horses & zigzag because they go up & down.

Carousel view 2

Pacific Blues
Used Bernat Softee Baby in pale blue and pennant stitch -- pennant for the flags on sailboats sailing around the Pacific.

Disneyland which arrived recently from Nostash2big (Ravelry).
The colors aren't right because her section was an emerald green.

Nathalie, would you mind posting them on Rav?

Shandeh
10-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Lovely blankets! :inlove:

KnittinMitchie
10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
I dont remember if I posted or not but I have California Coast.

auburnchick
10-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi all! I received the Rain Forest blanket yesterday and took a picture, but I was too lazy to connect the camera to the computer. I'll post a picture later.

A teaser...it's LOVELY!!! :inlove:

Purlingkitten, thank you for the sticky notes. They are so cute (they have pictures of dogs on them).

tripletmomma
10-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Grand Canyon is on it's way to Nathalie! DC# 0308 1400 0001 2922 2705 between work & sick kiddos this is the 1st chance I've had to get to the PO.

purlingkitten
10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I received Blueberry Bliss from Wyospinner yesterday along with some lovely stitch markers. Thank you so much.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Grand Canyon is on it's way to Nathalie!

Whew! I had marked the blanket as completed, but today I went hunting for it and couldn't find it!

Your post was perfect timing!

Dimpledapple
10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
The following blankets are on their way:

Neon Rainbow sent to tripletmomma in CO
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2311 7511
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2969597083_610e4fb4d2.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake sent to pinnut in WY
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2311 7528
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2969597667_996341e006.jpg

Lemonade Stand sent to peattiewa, in WA
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2311 7535
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2969595881_0c34271e51.jpg

auburnchick
10-24-2008, 06:44 PM
What lovely blankets! Y'all are doing a TERRIFIC job!!!

auburnchick
10-24-2008, 06:48 PM
As promised, here's a picture of the completed Rain Forest blanket.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/2970481328_723e860baf.jpg

The gals who worked on this were:

pinnut3200
nostash2big
ladylou
PeattieWa
jhelanee
Purlingkitten

It's beautiful!!! :inlove:

auburnchick
10-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Grand Canyon Sunset arrived today! :yay:

It's just as pretty in person as in the picture!

Tripletmomma, thank you for the adorable candle!

Shandeh
10-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Pretty! cloud9

purlingkitten
10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I finished Tropical plantation today and it is ready for the next knitter.

Purlingkitten

auburnchick
10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Ok. I'll send a message to the next knitter and will let you know. One more knitter and then the border, and then we'll have our first preemie blanket done!

:cheering:

auburnchick
10-27-2008, 11:25 AM
From Kaniger...over on Ravelry...

Candy Cane is in the mail today en route to Crisco!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2977634611_41e31d66a9.jpg

pinnut3200
10-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I received the Pumpkin Pie blanket in today's mail.

Sandy, thank you for the frame and yarn. :muah:

Shandeh
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
You're welcome! :)

auburnchick
10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Kay (Wyospinner) sent me an email letting me know that she received Autumn Reds yesterday. Just an fyi...

pinnut3200
10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/2981642348_983b15d900.jpg

Pumpkin Pie is ready for the next knitter

auburnchick
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
:inlove:

auburnchick
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
NEW MEMBER ALERT!

:woohoo:

We have a new gal joining our team. Her name is krismorales! She's eager to begin and will be pinch knitting for us until we get some new blankets started after the holidays.

Welcome!!!!

:yay:

KnittinMitchie
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi and welcome!!

pinnut3200
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Strawberry Shortcake arrived today.

Tania, thank you for the notecards and chocolate beans. :muah: :heart: I'll get a caffeine buzz for sure! cloud9

pinnut3200
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/2984925136_b70d0b7bda.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake is ready for the next knitter.

auburnchick
10-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh, what an adorable blanket!!!!! The colors are FANTASTIC!

purlingkitten
10-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Tropical Plantation went to nannaknits yesterday. The conf # is
0308 0660 0001 2711 6375.

Purlingkitten

purlingkitten
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Blueberry Bliss is ready for the next knitter. Just need the address to send it.

Purlingkitten

Shandeh
10-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Go West Coast! :woohoo:

nannaknits
10-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Tropical Plantation arrived safe and sound today. Thanks purlingkitten for the nice sticky note pads. I love them. Nana

auburnchick
10-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Wyospinner just finished the 5th section of Autumn Reds. She sent me this picture:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2988630732_deb2a6c134.jpg

auburnchick
11-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Nostash2big posted this over on Ravelry:

Little Boy Blue is packed up and ready to send to dimpledapple (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Dimpledapple).

Alas, I didn’t make it to the PO on time today so it will go out on Monday and I’ll post the tracking number. Here’s a photo though!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2992593817_e4f4cd890a.jpg

nannaknits
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Tropical Plantation is finished. Here is a picture of the final blankie. For the border I did three rows of single crochet followed by a row of backwards single crochet. I think they call that stitch the Crab stitch.

auburnchick
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Tropical Plantation looks AWESOME! Thank you for the picture!

nannaknits
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I made it to the post office this morning. Tropical Plantation is on it's way home to Auburnchick. Here is the confirmation number:
0308 0730 0001 3778 1615

auburnchick
11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks so much! It's a temporary home...where it will be gently cleaned and shipped with the others to the hospital where it will be donated.

pinnut3200
11-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Pumpkin Pie is on its way to UT.

Confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2169 2923

:think:

Any news on the next knitter for Strawberry Shortcake? :think:

KnittinMitchie
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I have blueberry Bliss - the preemie blanket.

Also Auburn sent you a PM

nannaknits
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Autumn Red's was in my mailbox today. It is so pretty. Thanks for the magnets Kay those are nice. Nanna

pinnut3200
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Strawberry Shortcake was mailed today.

Confirmation # 0307 1790 0001 9987 1422

Dimpledapple
11-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Little Boy Blue has found his way to my house! Thanks, nostash for the lovely note cards :hug:

PeattieWa
11-07-2008, 03:50 AM
I just finished my section of Lemonade Stand , so I need to know where it goes next... Thanks Becky:knitting:

auburnchick
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I just finished my section of Lemonade Stand , so I need to know where it goes next... Thanks Becky:knitting:

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll check with the next knitter, Becky!

auburnchick
11-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Tropical Plantation arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay in letting you know...it's been a crazy week!!!

Nannaknits, thank you for the beautiful sock yarn! I took a picture of it with the blanket. You can really see the lovely work of the knitters...the colors and stitches are gorgeous!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/3010500624_d2ff1cf5a4.jpg

Shandeh
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
:heart: :inlove: :heart:

auntcrafty
11-07-2008, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1126338]

The West Coast Region includes: California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.[QUOTE]

I've been meaning to ask you for awhile --- would you mind terribly adding Hawaii to the list? I've been feeling a little left out. :roflhard:

Shandeh
11-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I've been meaning to ask you for awhile --- would you mind terribly adding Hawaii to the list? I've been feeling a little left out. :roflhard:
Oh my gosh! Sorry about that! :doh:
I LOVE Hawaii. I've always dreamed of going there, but don't think it will ever happen. At least I can dream...... cloud9