PDA

View Full Version : West Coast / Central Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

krismorales
07-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info on the stitch...I'm game to pinch hit if you need me Nathalie!

pinnut3200
07-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I miss the pictures. :( Anybody got some recent pictures of Summer Sky, Busy Baby Bee, or Lemon Drop??

I miss the photos, too. If you have one of these blankets, please post a picture for us. Thanks

:poke:

auburnchick
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the info on the stitch...I'm game to pinch hit if you need me Nathalie!

Thanks, Kris, for volunteering!! :cheering:

I'll pass along your info and let you know when the package has been mailed.

auburnchick
07-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I took a photo of Busy Baby Bee after my section - here's a pic that might satisfy your needs for photos!

Ahhh...it looks terrific!!!

Y'all let me know if you ever need yarn. I have Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Michael's, and Walmart...all within five miles of my house. I don't mind picking something up and sticking it in the mail to you.

Either way, the blanket looks fabulous with the yarn you used!!

I updated the blog (http://westcoastoddballknitters.blogspot.com/) with the picture. Thank you!!

krismorales
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
A bounty of blessings awaited me when I got home from work today. I received Spearmint Twist and Busy Baby Bee in the mail today. Spearmint Twist is just lovely, I was able to start on it right away because I had some yarn that worked perfect just waiting in my stash.

Busy Baby Bee is also pretty...such a neat stitch...I hope I get the hang of it, but the directions look clear enough. Wendy thanks for the goodies. My mom used to have applets and cotlets around the house all the time...they were a special treat for us kids when we were good. Great memories are fun to relive.

But I do have a question...is Busy Baby Bee a preemie blanket or a regular baby blanket. The first two sections look like preemie weight, but the last two look quite a bit heavier. I'll wait until I get an answer before I go out to get the yarn...

Thanks
Kris:knitting:

auburnchick
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Busy Baby Bee is a regular blanket. I've had this question asked before. I wonder if maybe some of the worsted weight yarn is a little lighter than others? You know how some can be a little thicker depending on the brand. I've been told that one of the brands used is Caron Simply Soft. It's a worsted yarn but has a silkier feel to it. Maybe those are the sections that appear to be dk weight? :??

krismorales
07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info...after work I'll head out to shop for Busy Bee color yarn...I'm excited to work on it after I finish Spearmint Twist

Kris:woohoo:

stisdale
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I just received Lemon Drop in the mail. The blanket looks so nice! I have never received a blanket as the last section and so it was really cool to have a better idea what the finished product would look like. So neat! Thank you Janet for the goodies! :hug:

auburnchick
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi all! Kris is already done with her section of Spearmint Twist! She does fast work, eh?

I am asking if anyone is interested in being a pinch-knitter for that blanket. We have one more section to go before it heads to nannaknits for the border.

Anyone game?

bailchri
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Nathalie -
I'd love to do spearmint twist! I'm having withdrawals (is that spelled right - looks weird) from oddball blankets!

auburnchick
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
We'll get started on a new batch in about a month or so. I'm starting to think up ideas for new ones. :wink:

purlingkitten
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM
We'll get started on a new batch in about a month or so. I'm starting to think up ideas for new ones. :wink:

It's good to put your thinking cap on!
Also, it will be nice to start up again.

krismorales
07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Here's the latest picture of Spearmint Twist. It went into the mail this morning. I think it is a very cheerful blanket.

:knitting:

auntcrafty
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Here's the latest picture of Spearmint Twist. It went into the mail this morning. I think it is a very cheerful blanket.

:knitting:

So pretty!

auburnchick
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the picture, Kris. The blanket looks terrific!!!!

bailchri
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Spearmint Twist arrived today!
Thanks Kris for the wonderful tape measure - it's so cute!

I'll get started right away on this beautiful blanket - I LOVE the colors!

I just realized I'm adding the last section to the blanket and I've never done that before. There may be instructions on here somewhere, but am I suppose to bind it off before sending it to the border person? Then do I get to keep the needles and start a new blanket (I'm willing to do so, if that's normal)?

auburnchick
07-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Please go ahead and bind off. You can hold onto the needles and start a new blanket if you want. Just let me know! I can send you an instruction sheet for whatever type you choose to cast on for (DK or worsted).

Thanks!

krismorales
07-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I just finished Busy Baby Bee...I have to admit that the stitch almost got the best of me...I had to frog it twice before I got the hang of it. But it is a very pretty stitch....I have to admit. Not sure I'll try much more than 4 inches of it though. :teehee:

Here's the latest picture of it.

bailchri
07-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Kris - don't feel bad, I had to do the same and get advice from the others when I had Busy Baby Bee. I've been practicing it making the dishcloths that the pattern came from because I like the stitch and want to be able to use it again sometime.

krismorales
07-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I really do like the stitch, I just never really got a rhythm going. I had to really pay attention to the count. Maybe because I could never "see" the pattern form like I can on a rib stitch. But I think it makes a precious baby blanket. Snuggly.

auburnchick
07-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll admit that executing that stitch is not a favorite of mine either. I made a dishcloth out of it once and vowed not to do it again. Give me lace any day, but pulling from the stitch below... Ugh.

Kudos to all of you!!

nannaknits
07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Busy Baby Bee was in my mail box this afternoon. thanks for the the stick pin, Kris. It is really cute. Nanna

pinnut3200
07-31-2009, 11:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3777080066_914e3bb625.jpg

Mother Goose was completed about two weeks ago, but I didn't have a photo to post earlier.

I will send it soon to nostash2big so she can take it to Children's Hospital in Denver, CO

stisdale
08-01-2009, 03:57 AM
So I'm doing the 6th section of Lemon Drop, do I bind off? Who do I send it to next? Please send me the address, it'll be ready to go probably by today (Saturday). Thank you!! :) I'll post a picture when I finish my section. I had a white yarn that was too thin (I realized 6 or so rows in, had to do some frogging) and the yellow yarn I had was the same color as someone else's, so I made my own colorway by mixing them together! Now I have a color that reminds me so much of buttered popcorn!! :) Picture soon to come!

auburnchick
08-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Mother Goose was completed about two weeks ago, but I didn't have a photo to post earlier.

Ohhhhhhh, how pretty!!!!!!

I love the color scheme you selected. :inlove:

auburnchick
08-01-2009, 10:49 AM
So I'm doing the 6th section of Lemon Drop, do I bind off? Who do I send it to next? Please send me the address, it'll be ready to go probably by today (Saturday). Thank you!! :) I'll post a picture when I finish my section. I had a white yarn that was too thin (I realized 6 or so rows in, had to do some frogging) and the yellow yarn I had was the same color as someone else's, so I made my own colorway by mixing them together! Now I have a color that reminds me so much of buttered popcorn!! :) Picture soon to come!

Yes, please go ahead and bind off. I'll PM the next address for you.

Thanks for working so hard, Ladies!!

:hug:

krismorales
08-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Mother Goose is so adorable...I love the colors. Someone will be very lucky to get such a nice blanket

stisdale
08-02-2009, 04:12 AM
Lemon Drop anyone? :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs171.snc1/6416_138422195624_636650624_3178042_7920363_n.jpg

pinnut3200
08-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Lemon Drop anyone? :D

Wow, Lemon Drop is beautiful. Nice job everyone!

auburnchick
08-02-2009, 01:08 PM
WOW!!!! Lemon Drop is tres delicious!!! Thank you for posting the picture!!

stisdale
08-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Lemon Drop was sent off on Monday. :)

krismorales
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow...It seems like all of our blankets are completed, or very close. That's so exciting. I can't wait to see the new ones that start up after summer. It's so great to see them grow. Hope everyone is having a nice summer. :muah:

Kris

nannaknits
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Busy Baby Bee is finished. Here's a couple of photos.

auburnchick
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow!!! I love it!!! I'll pm the address for you to mail it to so we can get that beauty to a wee one!!

Shandeh
08-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh, I LOVE Busy Baby Bee!!! cloud9
The honeycomb design in the blanket is PERFECT, and the black border is an excellent choice. :thumbsup:

stisdale
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Just checking, Lemon Drop was received right? I don't know where I placed the confirmation number now... :-S

And also, when do you all think we'll pick back up with the blankets? I miss them!

auburnchick
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Just checking, Lemon Drop was received right? I don't know where I placed the confirmation number now... :-S

And also, when do you all think we'll pick back up with the blankets? I miss them!

Yes, Lemon Drop was delivered. Thanks for checking.

I have to go out of town this weekend and next, but if anyone has a set of needles and wants to get a blanket started, please do! We can talk about a name for it and get a list of knitters together.

auburnchick
08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Ladies,

One of our members lost her grown daughter after an extended illness. If you would like to send her a card, let me know, and I'll PM her address to you.

auburnchick
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi all.

I have a huge favor to ask.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take over leading this group.

My daughter just started her senior year in high school, which, if you've had children, know is quite chaotic. She also has a very heavy soccer schedule...both travel (I just got back from South Carolina last night) and high school. My son started playing in the band this year, and he doesn't drive yet, so he's keeping me running a lot!

I am also still looking for a teaching position as well as couponing to try to save $$.

So, I have a lot on my plate right now.

The system we have in place is very efficient. I have one spreadsheet with all of the information. It's color-coded and very easy to keep up with.

The blog we have is also easy to maintain. It's not mandatory, so it would be your choice on if you wanted to keep it up-to-date. I would just need to change the login info.

One thought is that someone could maintain the spreadsheet, and someone else could keep up with the blog...

I have a box of yarn and several sets of needles that I can send to get you started. Shandeh originally sent me this box, and I've started many of our blankets with the goodies inside.

Please, give it some thought and let me know what you think.

We have a wonderful group of ladies. You are all so generous and have put out a lot of blankets already. This project almost runs itself.

Thanks in advance. Please PM me if you'd like to help out.

I'm cross-posting this on our Ravelry thread since we have a few there who are not on KH.

:muah:

Shandeh
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Good luck, Nathalie!
Let me know if I need to help with anything.

auburnchick
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I am so thankful to purlingkitten (http://www.ravelry.com/people/purlingkitten), who has offered her services to head up this project.

Yay!!

Iím getting with her now to bring her up to speed on the behind-the-scenes workings of the project. Please bear with us for just a bit.

You are all simply the BEST! Youíre so thoughtful and generous with your time and talent.

Shandeh
08-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Excellent news! Thanks to purlingkitten for saving the day.
:heart: :muah: :heart:

krismorales
08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah! :woohoo: I'm so glad someone was willing to step in and take the batton. I would miss the joy of getting a surprise in the mail to work on. I love to see each one progress from start to finish. Thanks to Nathalie:muah: for all you've done and thanks to purlingkitten :muah: to taking on our group. :knitting:

purlingkitten
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Excellent news! Thanks to purlingkitten for saving the day.
:heart: :muah: :heart:

I think it will be lots of fun. We have a great group of eager knitters.

purlingkitten
08-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah! :woohoo: I'm so glad someone was willing to step in and take the batton. I would miss the joy of getting a surprise in the mail to work on. I love to see each one progress from start to finish. Thanks to Nathalie:muah: for all you've done and thanks to purlingkitten :muah: to taking on our group. :knitting:

I'm looking forward to it!

Also, thanks to Nathalie for all the work done to keep us going and on track. We have completed so many lovely blankets to keep little ones warm and cozy.

auburnchick
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm looking forward to it!

Also, thanks to Nathalie for all the work done to keep us going and on track. We have completed so many lovely blankets to keep little ones warm and cozy.

I know I've already told you, but I wanted to say it publicly...

THANK YOU!!!!!

:woot:

Our group is a lot smaller in numbers than the other regions, but we have completed a large number of blankets. I have been so impressed. Whenever I needed someone to fill in, I never lacked for volunteers.

Shandeh
08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Here's a
GREAT BIG
THANK YOU
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
to auburnchick for the amazing leadership
she has provided over the past year.
You're AMAZING, Nathalie!
:notworthy: :hug: :notworthy: :hug: :notworthy: :hug: :notworthy: :hug: :notworthy:

Shandeh
08-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I just updated the first message in this discussion thread, so that new members will see that purlingkitten (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=28631) is the leader for the West Coast Region.

I will update the contact information on Ravelry as well.

Be expecting some private messages from members soon, purlingkitten!
:thumbsup:

Spikey
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Great job, AuburnChick! You'll be missed!

auburnchick
08-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh, you guys...

:aww:

I'll still be around...making sure y'all aren't sipping Pina Coladas by the beach and leaving our babies neked (that's Redneck speak for naked). :teehee:

I :heart: y'all with every fiber of my being.

Shandeh
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm even MORE redneck! We say, "NEKKID"
I think the 2 K's make it more redneck. :teehee:

auburnchick
08-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm even MORE redneck! We say, "NEKKID"
I think the 2 K's make it more redneck. :teehee:

:rofl:

Don't make me use the twang on y'all. I shore can do, yes ma'am I can! I'll even pull out the VHS tape of my high school graduation...where I gave the Salutatorian speech. My children and I got quite the kick out of hearing me speak when we watched the tape a few weeks ago.

:teehee:

purlingkitten
08-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

I am taking over as leader of this group from AuburnChick. I'm really excited to have us start up again.

I had some empty needles left from our last go-round so cast on for a premie blanket. I've called it Tranquility.

Looking for 6 knitters plus a border person.

There will be more started shortly.

If anyone has empty needles from the last ones we did and wants to start a blanket, let me know. Also if you have empty needles but don't wish to start one, you may send them back to me.

pinnut3200
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm ready to knit on Tranquility.

I've missed working on these blankets this summer. I vote for not taking such a long break next time.

krismorales
08-27-2009, 07:04 PM
:heart: I can knit a section of Tranquility, too! :heart: We can all use a little tranquility in our lives. Thanks for taking over our group.

Kris

stisdale
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Sign me up! This past month I acquired a teenager (my 13 yo BIL moved in with us) so you better believe I could use some tranquility in my life!!!!

stisdale
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Ooh and I have another idea as well.. I was thinking about doing a striped blanket where for each section you do a two-colored striped section, in example, Section #1: 1" of red, 1" of blue, 1" of red, 1" of blue. Then Section #2: 1" of yellow, 1" of green, 1" of yellow, 1" of green, etc. I know it would require a little bit of stranding... but just an idea!

Also another random idea popped into my mind: Orange Sherbert! (sp?)

Dimpledapple
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Sign me up for Tranquility. Thanks for taking over as leader!

AshleyP
08-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Ooo! Ooo! Me!! Sign me up! I am so excited to start working on blankets again!

purlingkitten
08-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Tranquility is amlost filled. Just looking for one more knitter and a border person. Any takers?

Pinnut, Krismorales, Stisdale, Dimpledapple and AshleyP are signed up to knit on Tranquility.

Alos, would like to know if our group would be willing to help knit blankets for Knit for Hope. A thread exists here on KH about this organization. Or do you know of a need in your area that we could help? Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Nostash has indicated that her donation collection point has closed and that it might be time to find another one. We have provided over 30 blankets to the Denver hospital.

nannaknits
08-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I have Busy Baby Bee. It is finished. I was holding on to it so I could mail it with Spearmint Twist, but I have not recieved SperamintTwist as of yet. Since Nostash's hospital is not taking any more blankets where would you like me to send Busy Bee? Nanna

bailchri
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I am so sorry, I have been so busy with work and weekend activities that I sort of forgot to send Spearmint Twist. I will be taking that to the post office on Monday. Again, I apologize!!!

pinnut3200
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Alos, would like to know if our group would be willing to help knit blankets for Knit for Hope. A thread exists here on KH about this organization. Or do you know of a need in your area that we could help? Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Nostash has indicated that her donation collection point has closed and that it might be time to find another one. We have provided over 30 blankets to the Denver hospital.

Knit for Hope sounds like a good cause, but I think our blankets are too small for their needs.

I would like to continue sending our blankets to a a hospital that has a lot of preemies.

mhansen
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I can do a section on Tranquility or the border. I will do whatever you need me to do.

purlingkitten
09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I'll put you down for the border! Would you also like to knit the last section before the border?

mhansen
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Sure!

bailchri
09-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I took Spearmint Twist to the post office on Friday. In my haste of getting out of town for the holiday weekend, I did not get a confirmation ID number for nannaknits. Let's just pray it gets there safely. I apologize.

nannaknits
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Spearamint twist was in my mail box yesterday. I have to check my stash to see what will make a nice border.

purlingkitten
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you've all enjoyed your summer and are ready to begin knitting blankets again.

I have started the following:

1. Orange Sherbert
2. Jelly Beans - this is a premie blanket

I'm doing six rows of garter stitch to get us started and will need six knitters plus a border person. I'm also willing to do a 4" section too.

Our blanket, Tranquility, is on its journey to completion.

pinnut3200
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Tranquility is ready for the next knitter.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3418/3904153465_c4cecbf322.jpg

bailchri
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
You can add me to both Jelly Beans and Orange Sherbert! Maybe just early on one and later on the other so I don't end up with both at the same time (even though I guess that could happen anyway).

Thanks!

purlingkitten
09-09-2009, 07:26 PM
You can add me to both Jelly Beans and Orange Sherbert! Maybe just early on one and later on the other so I don't end up with both at the same time (even though I guess that could happen anyway).

Thanks!

I'll add you to both!

Dimpledapple
09-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Definitely Orange Sherbet and possibly Jelly Beans if you can't get enough knitters :)

auburnchick
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Tranquility is ready for the next knitter.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3418/3904153465_c4cecbf322.jpg

The blanket is soooo pretty! Love the stitch, Nancy!

Y'all are doing GREAT!!!!

krismorales
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd be happy to knit on Jelly Bean. I won't be available until after the 10th of October, but as long as that's okay...go ahead and add me. I'm not an "orange" person, but would be happy to knit on Orange Sherbet if you need another knitter. (In case you can't tell...I just love to knit on anything :mrgreen: ) I just don't want to be a knitting hog.:teehee:
Kris

stisdale
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm up for both. I don't want to deprive anyone from getting in on a blanket, but I would love to do them both! :)

bailchri
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I also don't want to take away from anyone else getting a chance to knit one of these fun new blankets so if you have more volunteers than spaces, I'll do either one or the other.

How many active knitters to we have going in to this new 'season'??

PeattieWa
09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Willing to work on either or both.....:knitting: Becky

purlingkitten
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Orange Sherbert is ready for knitting. I have the following signed up for this blanket: bailchri, Dimpledapple, pinnut 3200, nostash2big, stisdale, peattieWA and purlingkitten (for the border).

Does anyone wish to work on the border of Jelly Bean?

nannaknits
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
I will be happy to do the border on Jelly Beans. Nanna

pinnut3200
09-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Tranquility is on its way to California.

First Class mail -- confirmation # 307 3330 0001 2172 2583

purlingkitten
09-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Jelly Bean is ready to start knitting. I have PeattieWa, pinnut3200, stisdale, nostash2big, krismorales, bailchri, and nannaknits signed up to work on this blanket.

We now have three in the works. I have needles for one more and will set it up this week.

purlingkitten
09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

I have cast on two more blankets for us to work on.:knitting:
Signups are now officially open.

Blanket #1 - Pinkalicious The color I started with should be self-explanatory and I used TLC.

Blanket #2 - Jack Frost This blanket was started using Vanna's Choice using a pale gray.

Anyone wish to sign up?

pinnut3200
09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I am already on two blankets, so I don't want to take knitting spots away from those who haven't had a chance to knit a section or two on our blankets. If you run into difficulty filling spots, you can add my name to either or both (Pinkalicious and Jack Frost).

purlingkitten
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I am already on two blankets, so I don't want to take knitting spots away from those who haven't had a chance to knit a section or two on our blankets. If you run into difficulty filling spots, you can add my name to either or both (Pinkalicious and Jack Frost).

I'll be happy to add you to both!

krismorales
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Tranquility arrived in the mail last Thursday...sorry it took so long to let you know it arrived. Nancy, thanks for the post it notes. They are so cute. :heart: I'll be happy to knit on Pinkalicious and Jack Frost also....I love these blankets. But also, feel free to boot me off of one if there are other people interested in them.

Kris

Dimpledapple
09-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I can work on Jack Frost :knitting:

AshleyP
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Sign me up for either pinkalicious or jack frost - if you still need knitters.

Ash
<><

purlingkitten
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Tranquility arrived in the mail last Thursday...sorry it took so long to let you know it arrived. Nancy, thanks for the post it notes. They are so cute. :heart: I'll be happy to knit on Pinkalicious and Jack Frost also....I love these blankets. But also, feel free to boot me off of one if there are other people interested in them.

Kris

Thanks, I'll add your name to both of them!

purlingkitten
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Sign me up for either pinkalicious or jack frost - if you still need knitters.

Ash
<><

There is room on both! I've added you to Pinkalicious. We still need one more for this blanket plus someone to do the border. Anyone interested.

bailchri
09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
You can add me to either one! Did you ever figure out how many 'active' knitters we have in our group now?

purlingkitten
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick note to let you know that stagecrafty has joined our group on Ravelry. If possible, go say hi if you haven't already.

So far since September we have 12 active knitters working their needles to make blankets. :yay: If you have knitting group friends, neighbors or relatives, invite them to join our group.

I have been following up on finding new donation opportunities for us. If anyone has an idea, suggestion or recommendation, let me know. I know that each of our areas has a great need.

Janet

krismorales
09-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Tranquility is on it's way this morning.... Confirmation Number is 0308 1400 0000 0892 4508. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it to post. Hopefully one of the next knitters can post one.

PeattieWa
09-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Jelly Bean safely arrived yesterday....Now just to find the right yarn!:thumbsup:

PeattieWa
09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
:woohoo: I finished up my section of Jelly Bean today and am ready to send it to the next knitter. I used a baby blue and a lemon yellow in a simple garter stitch..... Becky:knitting:

stisdale
09-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Hey everybody,

Orange Sherbert is ready for the next knitter! I didn't do quite 4" because I ran out of yarn, no biggie though! Picture soon to come hopefully!

pinnut3200
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
What has happened to our group?

Did the long summer break cause everyone to lose enthusiasm for the project?

I miss the posts and the updates about the various blankets. Where is everyone?

PeattieWa
10-05-2009, 05:43 PM
:woot: Jelly Bean was sent out today from Washington to Nancy in Wyo. Sorry that I don't have photo capabilities,but maybe Nancy can take care of that for us. I sent it priority mail so it should arrive within a day or 2. Becky:knitting:

purlingkitten
10-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Good Morning to All!

Our blanket, Jack Frost, still has 2 slots open for knitting and a border knitter needed. So far I have Dimpledapple, nostash2big, pinnut3200 and krismorales signed up. Anyone else wish to join?

I received needles from nannaknits the other day so will be starting another blanket this week!

Dimpledapple
10-07-2009, 02:01 AM
New blanket? Yay!! Thank you so much, Janet :cheering: Do you think you could put up a post with all the new blankets we're working on and the list of knitters for each one? :muah:

purlingkitten
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Good Morning All!

Dimpledapple asked for a list of our current blankets and knitters for each.

We have five blankets in the works and making the rounds:yay:

Tranquility: pinnut3200, krismorales, stisdale, dimpledapple, AshleyP, and mhansen.

Orange Sherbert: stisdale, dimpledapple, pinnut3200, nostash2big, bailchri, peattieWa, and purlingkitten.

Jelly Bean: peattieWa, pinnut3200, stisdale, nostash2big, krismorales, bailcri, and nannaknits.

Pinkalicious: AshleyP, stagecrafty, pinnut3200, grannydani, krismorales, nostash2big and purlingkitten

Jack Frost: nostash2big, pinnut3200, dimpledapple and krismorales.
We have 2 available sections and a border to be filled on this one.

bailchri
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd be happy to work on Jack Frost if there are still open spaces!

Also, can we write on the information sheets of the blankets what type of yarn we need to use (or if it's a premie or regular baby blanket)? I know of a couple last go around where there was confusion and they were done in different types of yarn. Also, if it's written on the info sheet we don't have to search back through the forum to see what type it's suppose to be.

I have some needles from a blanket I finished and I'd be happy to start a blanket on them. I'll post once I've done so and we can get a list going. Should I wait until one of these current blankets is completed? I'm not sure how many are too many to have going at once - I'd say the more the merrier though that's just my opinion!

pinnut3200
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Jelly Bean arrived yesterday, and I worked on my section last night.

It will be ready for the next knitter today, so I need the mailing address of stisdale if she is still the next knitter.

I'll post a photo sometime today.

pinnut3200
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/3996429649_53f4562153.jpg

Jelly Bean is ready for the next knitter.

krismorales
10-10-2009, 11:44 AM
It's great to see Jelly Bean. It looks so cheerful. I'm excited to get knitting on the new blankets. :heart:

bailchri
10-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Jelly Bean is so fun! Is it to be knit in a specific stitch? In the picture, all of the sections look the same, but it could just be the picture. Just curious if I need to practice anything for when my turn on jelly bean comes around!

Thanks!

pinnut3200
10-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Jelly Bean is so fun! Is it to be knit in a specific stitch? In the picture, all of the sections look the same, but it could just be the picture. Just curious if I need to practice anything for when my turn on jelly bean comes around.

No need to practice any stitches. Jelly Bean came to me and was knit in all garter stitch, so I knit my section in garter stitch, too.

stisdale
10-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Orange Sherbert and Tranquility are both on their way to dimpledapple. Hopefully I'll put up some pictures real soon. I had some multi-color yarn I was planning on using for jelly bean but it looks like everyone's been using a solid color... I don't want to throw off the look of things... what do you guys think?

Dimpledapple
10-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Orange Sherbet and Tranquility arrived yesterday. Thanks for the lovely gift, Sarah! I'll get on them right away :knitting:

sugvadcin
10-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Orange Sherbet and Tranquility arrived yesterday. Thanks for the lovely gift, Sarah! I'll get on them right away :knitting:

I am glad to find your site - now I know what a good one looks like.
Very good topic to share with us. Great info.cloud9

PeattieWa
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
The first section of Jelly Bean is in fact done in a variegated yarn. I think that any bright color solid or variegated would look great!

stisdale
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
May I present to you Tranquility and Orange Sherbert! :)

purlingkitten
10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Good Morning!

I'm looking for a volunteer to step in and work on Tranquility. It is almost completed but needs someone to fill in. Anyone interested?

pinnut3200
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Jelly Bean is on its way to Sarah in CA

Confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2172 2576

bailchri
10-14-2009, 12:49 AM
I can work on Tranquility if you haven't had any other volunteers yet! I don't think I was signed up for it yet?

purlingkitten
10-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I can work on Tranquility if you haven't had any other volunteers yet! I don't think I was signed up for it yet?

Thanks for your willingness, but Nostash2big from Ravelry already volunteered to fill in.

There is still room on Jack Frost if you're interested.

bailchri
10-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks for your willingness, but Nostash2big from Ravelry already volunteered to fill in.

There is still room on Jack Frost if you're interested.

Count me in!

stisdale
10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Jelly Bean has arrived, thanks Nancy for the great gifts, they're so cute! I've decided to do another solid color in garter... it seems like once you get past a certain point in the blanket and it seems to have some sort of consistency it would just look bad to turn the tide on it....

purlingkitten
10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I have started 2 more baby blankets for us to work on. Since the holidays are approaching, I've started the following:

1. Holiday Magic

and

2. Plum Pudding

Looking for six knitters and a border person for each. Anyone want to help?

stisdale
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Ooh ooh I have some GREAT yarn for plum pudding!! Sign me up, and I could do the border too actually!

bailchri
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I can do either or both of the new holiday blankets. Sign me up for one if you have enough volunteers to fill all 12 spots, or sign me up for both if you need me!

Thanks!

Shandeh
10-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Go West Coast! :woohoo:

Dimpledapple
10-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Tranquility is on its way to CO.
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2315 5049

and

Orange Sherbet is heading to WY.
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2315 5032

I'll post pictures tomorrow once Flickr stops throwing a hissy fit and finally starts cooperating with me :nails:

Dimpledapple
10-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I can do either or both of the new holiday blankets. Sign me up for one if you have enough volunteers to fill all 12 spots, or sign me up for both if you need me!

Thanks!

Ditto!

Dimpledapple
10-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Ok, sorry about so many posts. I promise I'm done posting for the day!

Orange Sherbet:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/4032106286_1fac4b3da0.jpg

Tranquility:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/4032103246_66304bae5d.jpg

purlingkitten
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok, sorry about so many posts. I promise I'm done posting for the day!

Orange Sherbet:

Tranquility:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/4032103246_66304bae5d.jpg

Its great to see pictures of both blankets. They look lovely. Great job everyone!

stisdale
10-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow, the blankets really look awesome!! Thanks for posting the pictures!! :)

stisdale
10-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for weaving in my ends too. I didn't have a needle...

krismorales
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
:knitting: Wow, it was quiet for a few days and then....all sorts of activity.!!

The blankets look great:heart: :heart: ...I can't wait to have one come my way.

You can sign me up for one or both of the new holiday blankets as needed. I don't want to be greedy!

Kris

bailchri
10-21-2009, 07:51 PM
The blankets are beautiful!!

bailchri
10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Received Jack Frost today! I'll have to go pick out a new yarn (oh, darn ;) ) and I'll get right on it!

pinnut3200
10-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Orange Sherbet:

Orange Sherbet arrived in the mail today. It will be ready for the next knitter by Monday.

Tania, thank you for the tape measure. I love it! :heart:

bailchri
10-25-2009, 05:30 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/4042322330_45bd844e35.jpg

Jack Frost is ready to move along if you can please send me the address of the next knitter. My section was a little bit darker than I had hoped for, I hope it doesn't end up being gloomy. I think with the right colors around it that it should be okay though.

bailchri
10-25-2009, 05:43 AM
I forgot to take a picture after my section of Spearmint Twist (I usually take a before and after just for my own personal enjoyment). My section was the last and I sent it on to Nannaknits for the border - do you happen to have a picture of it? Or anyone else?

Also, just curious about why some of the blankets are started with only a small section (like a inch or two) - I didn't know if there was a reason it's that way or not. I was going to start a blanket on some needles I had after I finished a blanket awhile back and didn't know if I'm suppose to do a small section or if I can do a full 4 inch section?

Thanks!

pinnut3200
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Orange Sherbet is now ready for the fourth knitter. I just need to know the address of the next knitter. :knitting:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2592/4043797632_5b139c29f7.jpg

purlingkitten
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
[I have Spearmint Twist and Baby Busy Bee that Nannaknits forwarded to me. Will try to get a picture up soon.

Also, the blankets are started with a 3 -6 row garter stitch border to create a nice edge for the blanket. I haven't done a 4 inch pattern section because there are quite a few knitters that like to work on them. And yes, you may always start a new blanket!

Dimpledapple
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Jack Frost is ready to move along if you can please send me the address of the next knitter. My section was a little bit darker than I had hoped for, I hope it doesn't end up being gloomy. I think with the right colors around it that it should be okay though.

Oh, I'm loving the color! Not gloomy at all!

purlingkitten
10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Our baby blanket, Holiday Magic, has 2 spots and a border slot to be filled. Does anyone want to work on this one? So far, nostash2big, bailchri, dimpledapple and krismorales have signed up.

mhansen
10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I can do a section of Holiday Magic if you need me to.

purlingkitten
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes, I still need knitters on this blanket. Thanks for volunteering.

pinnut3200
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Orange Sherbet is on its way to Colorado

Confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2200 7764

krismorales
10-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Plum Pudding arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to go through my stash to see if I have some yarn that will be perfect. I'm planning on checking it out tonight. :woohoo: I have something new to work on!

bailchri
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Jack Frost is on it's way to Colorado!
:yay:

krismorales
11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Plum Pudding is on it's way to Idaho. I took a picture of it before I mailed it, but am having trouble downloading it from the new camera to the computer. I'll have to have my DH help me out with it. Hopefully I can post it tomorrow. :knitting:

Kris

krismorales
11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
:muah: Thanks to my DH for helping...here's a picture of Plum Pudding.

bailchri
11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Plum Pudding arrived today and it's beautiful! Can't wait to find the perfect color for it!

stisdale
11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Woo Plum Pudding looks absolutely gorgeous! It's going to be a beautiful blanket!!

AshleyP
11-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Ooooo! All the blankets are looking so good!! :thumbsup:

Did Pinkalicious make it to Seattle?? I've been meaning to ask for a long time..... Hopefully it didn't get lost (i'd have to find the tracking number....!)

purlingkitten
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, Pinkalicious reached stagecrafty last week.

purlingkitten
11-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Pinkalicious is in need of a pinch knitter. It has just begun its journey so we can still be flexible.

Also, Holiday Magaic still needs 2 knitters and a border. Any takers?

krismorales
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Pinkalicious is in need of a pinch knitter. It has just begun its journey so we can still be flexible.

Also, Holiday Magaic still needs 2 knitters and a border. Any takers?

To be honest, I'm not sure what I have signed up to knit on, but you can add me to either or both as needed (if I'm not already there!) but no borders please.

bailchri
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure what I'm signed up for either but I'm willing to work on Pinkalicious or Holiday Magic or both if need be. I don't do borders either.

Also, it's so funny what pictures do to the color of blankets. Plum Pudding is much more purple in person than in the photo posted which shows it more white with purple flecks - it's really the opposite! Beautiful blanket!

purlingkitten
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
You are already on the list for both of these blankets.:yay:

purlingkitten
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll sign you up for Pinkalicious. Your name is already on Holiday Magic.

stisdale
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I FINALLY finished my section of Jelly Bean. I really apologize that it took so long, life's been a little crazy, I don't have much time to just sit down and enjoy my knitting!!

Here's a picture:

stisdale
11-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Nancy, could you see if Nostash2big is ready for Jelly Bean and send me her address?

pinnut3200
11-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Nancy, could you see if Nostash2big is ready for Jelly Bean and send me her address?

Sorry, I can't help you with this. :sad:

Janet is the one who is coordinating all the blankets and has the mailing information.

stisdale
11-18-2009, 01:35 PM
OH hahah, I don't know why I thought it was you! It was the first name that popped into my head for some reason. Oops! So how are the blankets coming along? I'm going to try to send Jelly Bean out to nostash2big today, hopefully. :)

Shandeh
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Your leader for the West Coast blankets is "purlingkitten".

kae1crafts
11-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I just signed up over at Ravelry and now here. I'm able to knit a section or crochet and edging. I'm not sure where I need to make myself known so I've commented in both forums now.

We moved to Colorado Springs from Oregon last February and I've been doing charity knitting for a number of years. I've knit sweaters for the Guideposts Sweater Project and am currently knitting helmet liners for the troops. I also belong to http://www.ravelry.com/groups/sharing-our-gifts-50-projects-for-50-states and have participated in their first 2 projects.

Your project sounded like fun so I decided to give it a try.

Thanks for including me.

Kae

krismorales
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Welcome Kae;
This is a great group and we knit on a lot of pretty blankets. Purlingkittien is our coordinator, so I'm sure she will work you in to our rotation. Again...welcome

Kris :knitting:

bailchri
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome, Kae!

I believe I'm scheduled on several blankets so you can give one or 2 of my spots to Kae to help get her started!

I still have Plum Pudding, things have been crazy and I'm hosting/cooking for Thanksgiving so hopefully next weekend I will get to complete my section and get it moving again!

purlingkitten
11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Exciting news!:yay:

We have a new donation place for our baby blankets. We will be helping Katie's Comforters Guild at Seattle Children's Hospital. They have a blog at www.katiescomfortersguild.blogspot.com. You might want to check it out in your spare time. They are going to link our West Coast Oddball blog to their site shortly.

Pinnut3200 has graciously volunteered to deliver blankets to the Denver Hospital on her spring travels. This is the same hospital that we donated to last year.

I've counted and we have seven blankets in various stages of completion. Keep up the good work.:knitting:

pinnut3200
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Pinkalicious arrived today.

This is how the package looked when I got it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2597/4131553111_1094d1a2a0.jpg

We came pretty close to losing this little blanket. :sad:

krismorales
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
So glad it didn't get lost...our blankets are each so precious:muah:

krismorales
11-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the knitters in the West Coast group....Blessings to you and yours. :muah:

PeattieWa
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Orange Sherbert arrived yesterday. Real pretty so far! I'm leaning toward a bright orange to follow the striping that has evolved in this blanket. Thanks Leslee for the calendar! It's really cute. Hopefully I'll be able to finish my section in the next few days.:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: Becky

pinnut3200
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Pinkalicious is ready for the next knitter.

Purlingkitten, will you please send me the mailing address.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2657/4145083408_97122f9194.jpg

PeattieWa
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Once I started the section I just couldn't stop soooooo this blanket is ready to be sent off. Please let me know where it is to go.:woohoo: Thanks, Becky

Shandeh
11-30-2009, 06:56 AM
You all are doing wonderful work! :hug:
Go West Coast! :cheering:

purlingkitten
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
What a pretty blanket. I'll check and see about the next knitter.

bailchri
12-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Plum Pudding is ready to move on:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/4148689339_8e1be34bc8.jpg

Sorry it took a bit longer than it should have what with Thanksgiving and all. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

kae1crafts
12-01-2009, 10:23 AM
All of the blankets that are pictured and ready to move on are beautiful. Great work.:woot:

Dimpledapple
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I know I'm a little late, but welcome, Kae!!! :waving:

kae1crafts
12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to working with all of you.

The blankets shown so far are beautiful.

I've been trying my hand at a premie blanket because I wanted to try one. Picture will follow when it is complete.:knitting:

Kae

mhansen
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I received Tranquility. Thank you so much for the mouse pad calendar. It's very pretty. I brought it to work and I love it!!

I am confused about this blanket: Do I knit a section and do the border? Or do I just to the border?

purlingkitten
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I have you down for knitting the last section and a border. If this is too much let me know.

auburnchick
12-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Plum Pudding is ready to move on:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/4148689339_8e1be34bc8.jpg

Sorry it took a bit longer than it should have what with Thanksgiving and all. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Ohhhhh...pretty!!!!! :inlove:

PeattieWa
12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
I sent out Orange Sherbet this afternoon. I sent it Priority because there was only a nickel's difference between that and ground. It should arrive in Idaho by the weekend. Hopefully Bailey will be able to share a picture with us as I do not have those capabilities. Thanks! Becky:thumbsup:

bailchri
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
I sent out Orange Sherbet this afternoon. I sent it Priority because there was only a nickel's difference between that and ground. It should arrive in Idaho by the weekend. Hopefully Bailey will be able to share a picture with us as I do not have those capabilities. Thanks! Becky:thumbsup:

Thank you! I will take and post a picture right away when it arrives.

Also, Plum Pudding is on its way to Tania in CA. Let me know if you want the confirmation number at any point and I'll PM it to you!

mhansen
12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
No, it's not too much I just could not remember. Thank you.

pinnut3200
12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Pinkalicious is on its way to California

Confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2176 3371

stisdale
12-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Looks like a lot of blankets are on the move! Jelly Bean is finally headed towards Wyoming!

bailchri
12-06-2009, 08:13 PM
I received Orange Sherbert in the mail yesterday. I completed my section this afternoon, I was also the LAST knitter so the blanket is now ready for a border! Please send me the info when the border person is ready - thanks!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2592/4164741650_7f42052988.jpg

Also, I think I may keep the needles and cast on a new blanket...if that is okay?

Thanks,

Dimpledapple
12-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Plum Pudding arrived safely this weekend :) Now to find some purple yarn...

krismorales
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Holiday Magic arrived last week...sorry I didn't let you all know sooner. I've found some nice yarn to add to the blanket. Danielle, thanks for the candies...a sweet treat is always welcome. Happy winter all..

Kris :muah:

purlingkitten
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Please welcome voncookie to our group.:yay: She is on ravelry so pop over and say hi.

We now have 14 active knitters to work on our lovely blankets.

bailchri
12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Welcome voncookie!

14 is a great number! Just out of curiosity, how many blankets do we have out there being worked on?

pinnut3200
12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
We now have 14 active knitters to work on our lovely blankets.

Would you mind listing our blankets and who signed up to work on them?

purlingkitten
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
O.K. Here is a list of the current blankets and knitters working on them.

1. Tranquility - purlingkitten, pinnut, krismorales, stisdale, dimpledapple, nostash2big, and mhansen. mhansen has this blanket for the last section and border

2. Orange Sherbert - purlingkitten, stisdale, dimpledapple, pinnut, nostash2big, peattieWa, bailchri and kae1crafts. Blanket on route to kae1crafts

3. Jelly Bean - purlingkitten, peattieWa, pinnut, stisdale, nostash2big (she has this blanket) krismorales, bailchri, and nannaknits

4. Pinkalicious - purlingkitten, AshleyP, pinnut, grannydani (may have blanket) krismorales, nostash2big, bailchri, and kae1crafts

5. Jack Frost - purlingkitten, bailchri, nostash2big (should have blanket) krismorales, dimpledapple, pinnut, ashleyp, and crisco

6. Holiday Magic - purlingkitten, grannydani, krismorales, dimpledapple (should be receiving), pinnut, nostash2big, kae1crafts, and mhansen

7. Plum Pudding - purlingkitten, krismorales, bailchri, dimpledapple, peattieWa, nostashtobig, stisdale

Shandeh
12-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Great list!
GO WEST COAST!
:cheering: :muah: :cheering:

kae1crafts
12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The list of blankets, location and knitters is very helpful to this newbie - I'm eagerly awaiting Orange Sherbert's arrival. Will post once it is delivered.

The list helps me understand the flow and to plan for when I may be receiving a blanket.

My only other question is, since I'm doing borders on 2 blankets, what do I do with them once the border is finished? I can keep them and mail them all together to whoever handles the donations but I need to know that is the correct procedure.

Thanks again.

Kae:woot: :cheering: :knitting:

purlingkitten
12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
It is best if you mail the finished blankets to me for distribution.

At this time we have two donation possibilities: Seattle Children's Hopsital and Denver Children's Hospital.

We are open to others if you have a contact or know of a need.

kae1crafts
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
It is best if you mail the finished blankets to me for distribution.

At this time we have two donation possibilities: Seattle Children's Hopsital and Denver Children's Hospital.

We are open to others if you have a contact or know of a need.

Since I live in Colorado Springs the Denver Children's Hospital is perfect. I used to live in Oregon so the Seattle Children's Hospital also gets 2 thumbs up.

Kae:thumbsup:

mhansen
12-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Tranquility is finished! I just need to know where to send it. I finished it late last week and with Christmas shopping and getting ready for the holidays I forgot to ask. Sorry.

mhansen
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I shipped Tranquility today. I shipped UPS. The tracking # is 1Z 983 750 03 4877 8937.

kae1crafts
12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to say that Orange Sherbert arrived safely in Colorado Springs and I will get started on the border. Will wait until after Christmas to mail and avoid the holiday crush.

Kae:knitting: (actually crocheting the edge :) )

kae1crafts
12-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi,

I've completed the border on Orange Sherbert but would like to wait until Dec 26 to mail it and avoid some of the holiday shipping madness if that is okay.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4201486600_6b9def1bc5_s.jpg

It was a lot of fun to find the yarn and create a border that tied the colors together. Thanks so much for letting me work in this lovely little blanket.

Kae:hug:

kae1crafts
12-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi,

I've completed the border on Orange Sherbert but would like to wait until Dec 26 to mail it and avoid some of the holiday shipping madness if that is okay.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4201486600_6b9def1bc5_s.jpg

It was a lot of fun to find the yarn and create a border that tied the colors together. Thanks so much for letting me work in this lovely little blanket.

Kae:hug:

I'm still learning to size pictures correctly so decided to try again.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4201486600_6b9def1bc5.jpg

Above is a larger picture of the blanket (I hope!)

Now for detail of the border.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/4200732895_f0af35af63.jpg

Kae

bailchri
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Great job on the border Kae! Also, everyone-I love this bright, cheery blanket...good work!

pinnut3200
12-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Kae, you found the perfect yarn for the border! Thank you for adding the finishing touch to the blanket.

purlingkitten
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Orange Sherbert is a lovely blanket for a precious little one. Thanks goes to stisdale, dimpledapple, pinnut, nostash2big, peattieWa, bailchri and kae1crafts for working on this one!:yay:

stisdale
12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
That blanket turned out absolutely wonderful! Kae, the yarn is perfect!!

Shandeh
12-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season on the West Coast! :heart: :hug: :heart:

kae1crafts
12-30-2009, 10:11 PM
:woohoo: I mailed the finished Orange Sherbert today - sorry for the delay - DH was in hospital over Christmas weekend and then we had company. DH much better now. Here is the delivery confirmation number with the USPS: 9405 5036 9930 0098 2659 84

Kae

MesaVerde
01-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I'd love to help make a blanket! Is it still going on? Can I join in?

kae1crafts
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I'd love to help make a blanket! Is it still going on? Can I join in?

Conversation has been slow here during the Holidays. I'm sure there will be an answer to your question soon. I'm real new here so don't have the answer but did want to say that I'm glad to see a teenager learning the art of knitting. I learned at about your age and have enjoyed it for about 50 years now.

If your Mesa Verde id means you are in Colorado - so am I but in Colorado Springs.

Happy knitting.

Kae:thumbsup:

bailchri
01-03-2010, 12:18 AM
MesaVerde-
We're always taking new members. Our moderator should check in here sometime soon and give you details.

Hope everyone had great holidays! What's going on with the blankets - can anyone update us on the ones you have?

MesaVerde
01-03-2010, 01:36 AM
To answer your question, Kae1, no I'm not in Colorado anymore, but I used to live there. MesaVerde is actually a play off of my name, along with being a place near where a lived. And another question, could I possibly make a blanket without having to ship it around? I don't really want to have to deal with all the shipping and stuff.

purlingkitten
01-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Happy that you have found another project to work on. If you still wish to help us, just pm me again and I'll add you to the list. I know that postage costs can be a deciding factor to participating.

purlingkitten
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Orange Sherbert arrived safely. It will be going to Seattle Children's Hospital soon.

purlingkitten
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

Let's start a couple of new blankets for the new year.

The first one will be Splish Splash and will need four more knitters and a border person.

1. Purlingkitten
2. Mhansen
Border

The second blanket shall be named Olympic Rings (hint - colors of the Olympic rings). I'll start this one in white! We will need six knitters plus a border person.

Border

Any takers for these?

kae1crafts
01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi,

I'm happy to work on either or both and can do any borders that you need. Just sign me up where needed.

Thanks for all the work you do organizing this.:muah:

Kae

MesaVerde
01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Well if I ask my parents I could probably help. I have some yellow baby yarn, so I will want a blanket with yellow in it. Put me back on the list please!

bailchri
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I will work on either or both blankets, as needed.

bailchri
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
So, are you starting a whole section on Olympic Rings in white? Because there are only 5 rings so 5 colors plus white - we only need 5 more knitters. Doesn't that sound right?

purlingkitten
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM
So, are you starting a whole section on Olympic Rings in white? Because there are only 5 rings so 5 colors plus white - we only need 5 more knitters. Doesn't that sound right?

Sounds like a good idea!

MesaVerde
01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I'll do the yellow section of OLYMPIC RINGS.

krismorales
01-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Happy New Year everyone. Pinkalicious arrived in the mail yesterday....Danielle, thanks for the cute sticky notes.

I'm happy to knit on either or both as needed. No borders please.

Kris :knitting:

bailchri
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have recent pictures of any of the blankets? We haven't seen a single picture of Holiday Magic (to my knowledge) and I'm excited to see what it (and others) are looking like.

kae1crafts
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have recent pictures of any of the blankets? We haven't seen a single picture of Holiday Magic (to my knowledge) and I'm excited to see what it (and others) are looking like.

I posted a picture of Orange Sherbert - I think it is back one or two pages on this thread.

krismorales
01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I was going to post a picture of Holiday Magic, but I was so late getting it in the mail, I decided not wait until I took a picture. But I agree...it's fun to see them progress. I'll try and post a picture of Pinkalicious after it's done.
:mrgreen:

Dimpledapple
01-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

The first one will be Splish Splash and will need four more knitters and a border person.

1. Purlingkitten
2. Mhansen
Border

The second blanket shall be named Olympic Rings (hint - colors of the Olympic rings). I'll start this one in white! We will need six knitters plus a border person.

Border

Any takers for these?

I can do the red section on Olympic Rings if no one's claimed it! Also, I still have Plum Pudding so I'll post a picture of it when I get home.

Dimpledapple
01-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Plum Pudding!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4253221030_8719e7e1ef.jpg

Janet, would you let me know where to send it next? Thanks!

kae1crafts
01-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Plum Pudding!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4253221030_8719e7e1ef.jpg

Janet, would you let me know where to send it next? Thanks!

This is a beautiful blanket. Can't wait to see it finished. :cheering:

purlingkitten
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the wonderful picture. It's great to see the work in progress.

I'll check with the next knitter and let you know.

PeattieWa
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
It's me! It's me! Can't wait to get started on it. I have the perfect purple yarn for it! Becky

MesaVerde
01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

1. Purlingkitten
2. Mhansen
Border

Border

Any takers for these?

I'll do the yellow olympic rings section.

Dimpledapple
01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Holiday Magic arrived -- thank you so much for the cute labels!

bailchri
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Plum Pudding is beautiful! Can't wait to see it's progress and finished!

offgridgirl
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!

Border

Any takers for these?
Sign me up....I think I have yellow or green for the rings...
Where are the blankets going???:mrgreen:

bailchri
01-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Sign me up....I think I have yellow or green for the rings...
Where are the blankets going???:mrgreen:

Oh, are you new? Welcome! I can't answer your question, I'm not sure where our blankets are currently being donated. Hope you enjoy working with our group!

offgridgirl
01-10-2010, 02:59 PM
New?? Not really :)
I don't post a lot but I would like to join in. Let me know how it works I can start it....let see what I've got for whiteish??:thumbsup:

krismorales
01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Pinkalicious is heading out tomorrow...here's a picture of it.

kae1crafts
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Pinkalicious is heading out tomorrow...here's a picture of it.

I can hardly wait to see it finished. It will make someone very happy.:cheering:

bailchri
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Pinkalicious is cute!

A friend of mine was looking at our forum and wondered why someone didn't finish their sections. She was referring to the small section the blankets are started with. I told her that was just the way some of them were started. Then I started looking at some of the other regions blankets and noticed we're the only ones starting blankets this way. Guess it's not a huge deal because, after all, they are "oddball" blankets...but, out of curiosity, do they appear incomplete to anyone else?

kae1crafts
01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Pinkalicious is cute!

A friend of mine was looking at our forum and wondered why someone didn't finish their sections. She was referring to the small section the blankets are started with. I told her that was just the way some of them were started. Then I started looking at some of the other regions blankets and noticed we're the only ones starting blankets this way. Guess it's not a huge deal because, after all, they are "oddball" blankets...but, out of curiosity, do they appear incomplete to anyone else?

I noticed it and wondered. Personally, I think they would look better with 5 complete sections and then the border rows but either way works. As you pointed out - they are 'oddball' blankets so almost anything would work.

Kae

nannaknits
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
If I remember right back when auburnchick was the coordinator to the group she had started some blankets with just an inch of pattern so more knitters would have a chance to knit on a blanket. The method just stuck for all the blankets.

pinnut3200
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I noticed it and wondered. Personally, I think they would look better with 5 complete sections and then the border rows but either way works. As you pointed out - they are 'oddball' blankets so almost anything would work. Kae

I agree the blankets should have 5 or 6 complete sections (4 inches) and a border, if necessary. I am sure that anyone who agrees to start a blanket would not mind knitting a complete section.

purlingkitten
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree the blankets should have 5 or 6 complete sections (4 inches) and a border, if necessary. I am sure that anyone who agrees to start a blanket would not mind knitting a complete section.

As your leader may I say that the blankets that I started only had a garter stitch border of 6 rows at the beginning to let six knitters knit a 4" section. This allows for more knitters to participate on each blanket. It would be nice to end the blanket also with a garter stitch border before the final border is added.

Dimpledapple
01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Hello, ladies! Here's a pic of Holiday Magic. I'll try to send it out tonight and will post the confirmation number later.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4265948775_dd89f03597.jpg

purlingkitten
01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
to the forum...

The charity section will soon be merging with the KAL section of the forum.

Discussions will be in the KAL section. The titles will still be the same, so they will be easy to find. So if you have this thread linked it will need to be changed and your bookmarks and favorites will need to be updated too.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Shandeh
01-14-2010, 06:32 AM
........if you have this thread linked it will need to be changed and your bookmarks and favorites will need to be updated too.
Hi everyone! :waving:
I just found out from Sheldon that our bookmarks and favorites should still work after the change! :woohoo:

bailchri
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Love Holiday Magic!

When are the forum changes happening? Will it carry over our previous posts, or delete them?

purlingkitten
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Love Holiday Magic!

When are the forum changes happening? Will it carry over our previous posts, or delete them?

Changes will be happening soon. That's all I can say!

Gerda
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Why Oddball ? Is that a brand of yarn or ?? Sorry for the stupid question.......

bailchri
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Why Oddball ? Is that a brand of yarn or ?? Sorry for the stupid question.......

Oddball because we each just do a 4 inch section with the color and stitch pattern of our choice. ;)

Gerda
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
LOL now I feel really silly for asking hahahaha :)
Thanks for clearing that up ;)

kae1crafts
01-15-2010, 12:18 AM
LOL now I feel really silly for asking hahahaha :)
Thanks for clearing that up ;)

If we don't already know the answer then no question is silly. Hope you enjoy this 'Oddball' group.

Shandeh
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
I don't have a date for the change yet. All our posts will stay intact. No changes in the discussions at all. The posts will just be moved to the KAL section.