PDA

View Full Version : West Coast / Central Oddball Baby Blankets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

bailchri
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
You're welcome Gerda. And, like Kae said, no question is silly!

kae1crafts
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Sign me up....I think I have yellow or green for the rings...
Where are the blankets going???:mrgreen:

Please sign me up for the border on Olympic Rings

Kae

kae1crafts
01-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!

Let's start a couple of new blankets for the new year.

The first one will be Splish Splash and will need four more knitters and a border person.

1. Purlingkitten
2. Mhansen
6. Kae1Crafts
Border Kae1Crafts

The second blanket shall be named Olympic Rings (hint - colors of the Olympic rings). I'll start this one in white! We will need six knitters plus a border person.

Border Kae1Crafts

Any takers for these?

I just signed myself up for a section and the border on Splish Splash and the border on Olympic Rings.

Kae

bailchri
01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I agree the blankets should have 5 or 6 complete sections (4 inches) and a border, if necessary. I am sure that anyone who agrees to start a blanket would not mind knitting a complete section.

As your leader may I say that the blankets that I started only had a garter stitch border of 6 rows at the beginning to let six knitters knit a 4" section. This allows for more knitters to participate on each blanket. It would be nice to end the blanket also with a garter stitch border before the final border is added.

Just a thought:
Can we just send 'empty' needles to the person starting the blankets? I agree that probably anyone who agrees to start a blanket would more than likely not mind knitting a complete section, and also just ask that they use garter stitch of 6 rows first before going into their pattern stitch. Then also just ask the same of the knitter of the last section; that they finish their section with 6 rows of garter and cast off. That way it will still give enough people (six) a chance to work on each blanket and there will be 6 complete, 4 inch sections rather than 6 complete sections plus one tiny section of a different color.

Just trying to suggest something to cover all of the concerns that were posted. :grphug:

PeattieWa
01-17-2010, 02:23 AM
I received Plum Pudding this afternoon. I'm debating between 2 colors right now but will get started on it soon. Tania, thanks for the calendar, I really like lighthouses. It is really a pretty blanket! Becky:knitting:

PeattieWa
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM
:cheering:My section of Plum Pudding is ready to travel. I finished up my section this afternoon and need to know where to send it. Thanks, Becky:knitting:

purlingkitten
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll check on the next knitter for Plum Pudding.

purlingkitten
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Olympic Rings needs someone to do the black ring. Going in order of ring colors this is #3. I have the following knitters and colors:

1. Background - White - purlingkitten
2. Blue - krismorales
3. Yellow - mesaverde
4. Black - needs knitter
5. Green - pinnut
6. Red - dimpledapple
6. Border - kae1crafts

purlingkitten
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Knitters that have signed up to work on this blanket are: purlingkitten, mhansen, working4yarn, krismorales, crisco, and kae1crafts

MesaVerde
01-18-2010, 10:01 PM
For the olympic rings, is it just going to be stripes in the colors of the olympic rings? or does it require Inarstia to make the actual rings?

nannaknits
01-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I haven't heard anything about Jelly Beans, is it still out there?Nana

purlingkitten
01-19-2010, 01:12 AM
I haven't heard anything about Jelly Beans, is it still out there?Nana

Yes, it's still out there, but should be on the move shortly.

purlingkitten
01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
For the olympic rings, is it just going to be stripes in the colors of the olympic rings? or does it require Inarstia to make the actual rings?

Just stripes, but you may do any patern stitch that you feel comfortable doing.

pinnut3200
01-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Holiday Magic arrived today.

Thank you, Tania for the chocolates! :heart:

purlingkitten
01-20-2010, 06:36 PM
This little blanket needs one more knitter to volunteer for the black ring, the third section. Any takers?

I worked a border and a 4" section in white garter stitch that represents the background for the rings and am mailing it today to krismorales to work on the first ring - blue.

pinnut3200
01-20-2010, 08:59 PM
My section of Holiday Magic will be finished this evening and ready to travel.

Who is the next knitter?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4291398213_e3e9d212d4.jpg

bailchri
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
This little blanket needs one more knitter to volunteer for the black ring, the third section. Any takers?

I worked a border and a 4" section in white garter stitch that represents the background for the rings and am mailing it today to krismorales to work on the first ring - blue.

I can do the black section. I don't think I'm signed up for any other blankets right now.

MesaVerde
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM

Awesome!

purlingkitten
01-21-2010, 12:16 PM
My section of Holiday Magic will be finished this evening and ready to travel.

Who is the next knitter?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4291398213_e3e9d212d4.jpg

It is a lovely blanket. Glad to see a picture. Thanks for showing us. I'll check on the next knitter.

pinnut3200
01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Holiday Magic will go out in tomorrow's mail --

Confirmation # 9405503699300119008187

krismorales
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I received Jack Frost and Jelly Bean. Leslee-thanks for the cute note pad and pen. It will come in handy. I'll have to shop for yarn for Jelly Bean, but I knitted Jack Frost and it will be travelling as soon as I get the next knitter info.

Here's the lastest picture of it.

purlingkitten
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Good Morning All,

We have added vegasdealer78 to our group on Ravelry.:cheering: Please pop over and say hi! if you are a Ravelry member.

PeattieWa
01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
I sent out Plum Pudding this morning to Leslee in Colorado. The confirmation # is 03082690000018283600. It's a very nice looking blanket! Becky:knitting:

Dimpledapple
01-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Jack Frost made it to my place today. Thank you so much for the pin, Kris -- I love it!! :heart:

Dimpledapple
01-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Jack Frost is ready to travel! Who gets this lovely blanket next?

pinnut3200
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I think I am the next knitter; is that right, Janet?

If so, I am ready to knit on Jack Frost.

purlingkitten
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
I think I am the next knitter; is that right, Janet?

If so, I am ready to knit on Jack Frost.

You are correct. I've pm'd dimpledapple with your info.

krismorales
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Here's a picture of Jelly Bean....my section reminded me of Easter Jelly Beans....all springtime and cheerful. It will be heading out as soon as I get the next persons address.

PeattieWa
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Just wondered if Plum Pudding made it to Leslee in Colorado??
According to the USPS site it should have arrived a few days ago but I have not seen anything posted. I hope everything is OK... Becky

bailchri
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Just curious, how many knitters have worked on Jelly Bean - or how many 'sections' are there? I'm the next knitter and can't tell from the picture if I'm the last one, or next to last. Anyway, it looks great, can't wait to knit my section!

purlingkitten
02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Just curious, how many knitters have worked on Jelly Bean - or how many 'sections' are there? I'm the next knitter and can't tell from the picture if I'm the last one, or next to last. Anyway, it looks great, can't wait to knit my section!

You have the last section and then it goes to someone else for the border.

fluffybunny
02-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Did you see that Warm Woolies closed at the end of December? Too bad, it looked like a great way to give your handknit items.
Donna

Dimpledapple
02-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Jack Frost was sent last night. Nancy, as soon as I got home I realized I'd forgotten to weave in the ends :pout: Sorry about that...

Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2316 8087

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4315319751_52acd136ac.jpg

pinnut3200
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Jack Frost was sent last night. Nancy, as soon as I got home I realized I'd forgotten to weave in the ends :pout: Sorry about that...

The ends are not a problem, so don't worry about it.

bailchri
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Jack Frost looks great!

bailchri
02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Jeally Bean arrived today - such a happy blanket! Thanks to Kris for the pin! I think I have the perfect color to finish off this blanket - will post a picture once it's complete.

MesaVerde
02-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Got olympic rings today! Excited to work on it. I was wondering, is the tape measure mine?

krismorales
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Mesa;

Glad you got the blanket...yes the tape measure is for you. Just a little something for a new knitter. I hope you enjoy knitting on the blankets. I think it is fun. :knitting:

Kris

MesaVerde
02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Thank you! Thats so nice! I need a tape measure. And I will enjoy working on the blanket!

pinnut3200
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Jack Frost arrived today. Appropriately, the day started as a frosty one, filled with fog and frosty trees.

Thanks for the darling buttons! :muah: :heart:

The blanket will be ready to mail to the next knitter on Monday.

pinnut3200
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2691/4338573396_6fb527d9c8.jpg

Jack Frost is ready to travel

krismorales
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Jack Frost is a really neat blanket ....with the colors and stitches. It will be a nice blanket for a little boy! :knitting:

purlingkitten
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
New blanket started!:cheering:

We have a new blanket to work on. Nostash2big from Ravelry started this one and named it Berries & Cream. It is going to be a preemie and needs 5 more knitters and a border person. Who wants to knit?

kae1crafts
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
New blanket started!:cheering:

We have a new blanket to work on. Nostash2big from Ravelry started this one and named it Berries & Cream. It is going to be a preemie and needs 5 more knitters and a border person. Who wants to knit?

I'm in for the border.

Kae of Kae1Crafts

MesaVerde
02-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Is there yellow in it? Because I will still have yellow left over from Olympic rings.

bailchri
02-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Is there yellow in it? Because I will still have yellow left over from Olympic rings.

MesaVerde-
You can add whatever colors you want to the blankets. Olympic Rings is the only one that has designated colors. Just add anything you want that fits into the "berries and cream" color scheme, or whatever you imagine when you hear those words.

Also, the only thing is that this is a preemie blanket, and those are made with light weight yarn. You're probably using a medium weight for Olympic Rings because I don't think it was a preemie blanket.

If you're not sure about yarn weights, check out this chart (http://knitting.about.com/od/yarn/a/yarnweight.htm) and you can find the weight on the 'package' of each skein of yarn.

Hope that helps.

krismorales
02-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm happy to knit on Berries and Cream!

purlingkitten
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I have great news to share.

Our group is growing. Because the Southwest Group is low in numbers right now, I've invited them to join our group and help knit baby blankets.

Please welcome SgtPam, mamapaulsel, tgriffin541, scrappygolden and secksiebrat.

I'll still be the leader of the group and all your questions, suggestions and concerns should still come to me.

Also, Berries and Cream still has several open slots for knitting if anyone is interested!

kae1crafts
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I have great news to share.

Our group is growing. Because the Southwest Group is low in numbers right now, I've invited them to join our group and help knit baby blankets.

Please welcome SgtPam, mamapaulsel, tgriffin541, scrappygolden and secksiebrat.

I'll still be the leader of the group and all your questions, suggestions and concerns should still come to me.

Also, Berries and Cream still has several open slots for knitting if anyone is interested!

So glad to have new members. The more the merrier - and we seem to be a merry bunch! :woot:

Kae

Dimpledapple
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Janet, I can work on Berries and Cream.

And welcome, Southwest ladies! :hug:

Secksiebrat
02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you for having me/us join your group! We've been a small group from the start (about 10-15 knitters) and we've gotten small since the holidays!!

I look forward to working/knitting with you ladies!!

~danielle~

PeattieWa
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the group! We can always use more willing hands to keep the blankets going!:yay: Becky

MesaVerde
02-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd love to make berries and cream, but I'm kinda backed up on project. Next blanket.

krismorales
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah for new members ....Yeah for new blankets. I always smile when a package comes in...it makes me happy. :muah:

Shandeh
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Good luck with your new, larger group, my friends!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

bailchri
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the SW group! Did you already have blankets going that you need help on or are we going to need to get to work on starting some new ones? Either way is exciting - can't wait to see what we come up with next!

kae1crafts
02-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Love all the new posts and people but I want an agree button to go with the thanks button!

Can't wait to see what is coming next.

:hug:

Secksiebrat
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
We don't have any blankets in the works!! I am hoping to start one here shortly (got a few projects to finish up) and I think that mamapaulsal is going to start one.

~danielle~

purlingkitten
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the SW group! Did you already have blankets going that you need help on or are we going to need to get to work on starting some new ones? Either way is exciting - can't wait to see what we come up with next!

Nostash2big has started a preemie blanket "Berries and Cream". We still have 2 slots open if anyone is interested in knitting a section on the blanket.

purlingkitten
02-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Nostash2big from Ravelry has graciously started another blanket for us to knit. She is calling it Spearmint Candy. It is a regular, worsted weight one. We have 5 sections and a border open. How about filling this one up?

krismorales
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
:muah: I'm happy to knit on Spearmint Candy. But if you have too many volunteers, feel free to boot me off.

Kris

Dimpledapple
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
:muah: I'm happy to knit on Spearmint Candy. But if you have too many volunteers, feel free to boot me off.

Ditto!

kae1crafts
02-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm like the other two - happy to knit on it or do border but have been hanging back to give others a chance. I think I have at least 2 or 3 coming my way.:hug:

MesaVerde
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome everyone! And sorry about the delay on Olympic Rings. I'm not a very fast knitter and I've been busy. I'm almost done though. I just have an inch left.

scrappygolden
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi Y'all - I'm Elizabeth and came over with the Southwest group. I'm so happy that we merged with this group and I can feel the energy from you ladies! Let me look around a bit and see what's open that I can sign up for.

:grphug:

scrappygolden
02-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Nostash2big from Ravelry has graciously started another blanket for us to knit. She is calling it Spearmint Candy. It is a regular, worsted weight one. We have 5 sections and a border open. How about filling this one up?

I'd love to jump right in and do a section of this blanket! :inlove:

bailchri
02-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Since the 'merger' would you mind posting another list of what blankets we have in the works with who's scheduled to work on them. I wouldn't mind signing up for one of the new ones, but with the new members coming on I'd really love to give them a chance to jump right in! I think it will be helpful to see what we have in progress and what we're each already signed up for (I know I'm not exactly sure what I've offered to help on).

Or...does the blog have this info up to date? It seems like the last time I looked the WIP section was not updated.

Thanks!

Dimpledapple
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I've made a couple of updates to the blog (http://westcoastoddballknitters.blogspot.com/)with the info posted on here and on Ravelry, but we should definitely double check with our fearless leader to make sure everything is correct!

MesaVerde
02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Olympic rings is ready to send out!! Whos next? Oh, and sorry about the crappy knitting job.

purlingkitten
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Everyone seems to want an upate on blankets, so here goes:

Pinkalicious: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, AshleyP, pinnut, grannydani, krismorales, nostash2big should be mailing this one
Yet to knit: bailchri, and kae1crafts-border

Jack Frost: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, bailchri, nostash2big, krismorales, dimpledapple, pinnut
Yet to knit: ashleyP, border-crisco

Jelly Bean: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, pinnut, stisdale, nostash2big, krismorales
Yet to knit: bailchri, border-nannaknits

Holiday Magic: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, grannydani, dimpledapple, pinnut, nostash2big should be mailing this one
Yet to knit: kae1crafts, border-mhansen ? May need a sub for this part

Plum Pudding: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, krismorales, bailchri, dimpledapple, PeattieWA, nostash2big should be mailing
Yet to knit: stisdale section plus border

Olympic Rings: Knitters completed: purlingkitten, krismorales, mesaverde
Yet to knit: bailchris, pinnut, dimpledapple, border: Kae1crafts

Splish Splash: Knitters completed: purlingkitten
Yet to knit: working4yarn, mhansen?, krismorales, crisco, kae1crafts section6 + border

Blankets needing knitters: Open sections
List not in order of knitting, but of signup:

Berries and Cream, a preemie blanket: nosash2big, krismorales, dimpledapple, PeattieWA, Kae1crafts - still needs 2 knitters

Spearmint Candy: nostash2big, krismorales, dimpledapple, scrappygolden, kae1crafts, - still needs 2 knitters

kae1crafts
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Splish Splash: Knitters completed: purlingkitten
Yet to knit: working4yarn, mhansen?, krismorales, crisco, kae1crafts section6 + border

Hi everyone,

With the new people on board, :hug: I'd like to relinquish either the section or border of Splish Splash in order to give the new people a chance to participate sooner.

Kae :heart:

mamapaulsel
02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow! What an active group of special knitters. I'm so excited to become a part of the West Coast group. I'd be more than happy to knit on any blanket that needs another knitter. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.:hug:

kae1crafts
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Wow! What an active group of special knitters. I'm so excited to become a part of the West Coast group. I'd be more than happy to knit on any blanket that needs another knitter. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.:hug:

I see you are on Ravelry as well, so I just added you as a friend there. Welcome. :cheering: :hug:

purlingkitten
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Berries and Cream will be completed by the following knitters:
nostash2big, mamapaulsel, vegasdealer78, krismorales, peattieWa, dimpledapple, and kae1crafts.

Have fun working on this one!

AshleyP
02-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Hey Ladies!

I received Jack Frost the other day, and was sitting down to work on it tonight when I realized the yarn I had in mind for it is not the right weight. ~sigh~ Guess that means I get to go shopping!! :)

It's such a nice looking blanket - I hope I can find something worthy of it!

bailchri
02-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey Ladies!

I received Jack Frost the other day, and was sitting down to work on it tonight when I realized the yarn I had in mind for it is not the right weight. ~sigh~ Guess that means I get to go shopping!! :)

It's such a nice looking blanket - I hope I can find something worthy of it!

Yay for shopping for new yarn! :woot:

I went shopping today for yarn for Jelly Bean because the one I thought I would use had already been used. I also picked some up for Pinkalicious that should be arriving soon - I hope it will work well.

Speaking of not being the right weight...it seems like some on Jelly Bean are not light weight for the preemie blanket, but maybe it's just the difference in yarn brands (I don't know much, I'm pretty 'new' to knitting). Perhaps on the instructions sheets we should make the weight of yarn needed stand out a bit more so people catch it.

purlingkitten
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Nostash2big from Ravelry has started another blanket for us to work on!:cheering: She has been very busy starting new blankets.

She is calling this one Easter Egg. It needs 5 more knitters and a border person. Signups for this one are open.

Dimpledapple
02-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Hello ladies!

Just wanted to let you know that the blog now has a current list of blankets and knitters. We'll keep it updated as people complete their sections and/or sign up for new blankets. Feel free to look around (link is in my signature) and check what you're signed up for, see where we need knitters, or just look at the pretty pictures!

kae1crafts
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Hello ladies!

Just wanted to let you know that the blog now has a current list of blankets and knitters. We'll keep it updated as people complete their sections and/or sign up for new blankets. Feel free to look around (link is in my signature) and check what you're signed up for, see where we need knitters, or just look at the pretty pictures!

I just wanted to let you know how very helpful the blog list is. I received Holiday Magic today and couldn't remember if I was doing a section, a section and border or the border so I just hopped over to the blog and found out that I'm doing a section. So easy and fast.

Thanks so much for your efforts. :cheering:
Kae

kae1crafts
02-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I received Holiday Magic today with a lovely gift of memo pad. Thanks so much nostash2big.

I'll see if I can find just the 'perfect' yarn to make the final section of this lovely blanket. Off to shop :teehee: and then :knitting:

Kae

bailchri
02-21-2010, 01:06 AM
I can work on Spearmint Candy and Easter Egg (not borders though).

nannaknits
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
You can put me where you need me the most. Nana

kae1crafts
02-21-2010, 12:07 PM
You can put me where you need me the most. Nana

I second that - I'm happy to work on any blanket that needs knitters or borders but give others a chance and use me to fill in. I'm already on a couple of blankets. :knitting:

Kae

bailchri
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Jelly Bean is ready for Nannaknits (I believe is signed up) to add the border! What a bright cheery blanket this is!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4379601582_1d861fbf8b.jpg

bailchri
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I received Pinkalicious in the mail today!

I thought I was being so good planning ahead last week and getting my color early but for some reason I thought it was a preemie blanket too (like Jelly Bean that I was also purchasing yarn for) and got light weight yarn. Looks like I'm heading back to the store (but hey, I'm not complaining)!

I'm going to get some for my black section of Olympic Rings and want to make sure it's a worsted weight blanket too, right?

PS - thank you, Leslee, for the little tin - what a great idea! My needles, stitch markers, etc went in it right away!

MesaVerde
02-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Finally got an envelope to send the blanket! My mom will take it to the post office tomorrow.

krismorales
02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm happy to knit on Easter Egg, but I'm on three already and would like to give others a chance. I'll keep checking the blog to see if there is still a spot open in a week or so.... Hope that's okay.

Kris

mamapaulsel
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I'll knit on Easter Egg, sounds like a fun one to work on.

purlingkitten
02-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Our blanket Spearmint Candy is ready. The following knitters have signed up to work on this blanket: nostash2big - done, scrappygolden, nannaknits, krismorales, mamapaulsel, dimpledapple, and border-kae1crafts.

bailchri
02-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Pinkalicious is ready for its border! My regular computer is down right now so I can't post a picture, but hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Also, I received Olympic Rings yesterday. Thanks, Mesa, for the necklace.

I haven't had the chance to send Jelly Bean out yet, maybe I can get both it and Pinkalicious out at the same time within the next couple of days.

kae1crafts
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Pinkalicious is ready for its border! My regular computer is down right now so I can't post a picture, but hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Also, I received Olympic Rings yesterday. Thanks, Mesa, for the necklace.

I haven't had the chance to send Jelly Bean out yet, maybe I can get both it and Pinkalicious out at the same time within the next couple of days.

I think I am the border person on Pinkalicious and it is okay to send it now. I should be finished with Holiday Magic in a couple of days. :knitting:

It is so wonderful to see so many beautiful blankets on the move. :woot:

Kae

purlingkitten
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Another new blanket is being started by Kae1crafts. She got naming rights and is calling it Spring Flowers. Signups open:

1. Kae1crafts
Border -

purlingkitten
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Splish Splash is in need of a substitute knitter for a section. Are there any takers? The slot is coming up soon. So far purlingkitten, working4yarn, kris morales, crisco and mamapaulsel are on this one.

Easter Egg still has a few open ones too! Signed up so far: nostash2big, bailchri, tgriffin541 and mamapausel. Listed but not yet in knitting sequence.

Dimpledapple
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Splish Splash is in need of a substitute knitter for a section. Are there any takers? The slot is coming up soon. So far purlingkitten, working4yarn, kris morales, crisco and mamapaulsel are on this one.

Easter Egg still has a few open ones too! Signed up so far: nostash2big, bailchri, tgriffin541 and mamapausel. Listed but not yet in knitting sequence.

You can sign me up for either or both :knitting:

krismorales
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
:knitting: Me, too!!! :muah: Sign me up for either Easter Egg or Spring Flowers.....or both. Again, don't want to be a knitting hog, but love hearing that our blankets are full of knitters.

Kris

purlingkitten
03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Bailey has started a preemie blanket for us to work on. She had the naming rights to it and has called it Banana Split. Her first section was done with a color called Neopolitan. Yum!

We need five more knitters for this one. Any volunteers?

kae1crafts
03-02-2010, 12:36 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4400975183_1083025e38.jpg

Holiday Magic completed :cheering:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2685/4401740438_76b690b999.jpg

Detail of border and last section that I completed. :happydance:

Just wanted to share.

purlingkitten
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
This is a very pretty blanket. Everyone did such a wonderful job!

bailchri
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Holiday Magic looks great! Wonderful work everyone.

Dimpledapple
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Holiday Magic is lovely!! :inlove:

kae1crafts
03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4403619413_137539f913.jpg

I've knitted the beginning of Spring Flowers in 2 shades of green - for the foliage - so now it is ready for others to add the 'flowers'.

Kae :hug:

purlingkitten
03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh so pretty.

Its great to see the beginning of a blanket.

We still need 4 knitters and a border person for this blankie.

Anyone want to help?

AshleyP
03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Hello again ladies!

Just wanted to let everyone know I am VERY sorry for the slow going on Jack Frost! Ugh! I did get some new yarn to use, but then got sick and was literally too tired to do ANYTHING - including knit. That's just wrong, right!? :)

Anyways, I am hoping to get it done very soon now and off to the next knitter.

If you still need knitters on Spring Flowers, sign me up - but maybe more towards the end?

Hope everyone else is well!
AshleyP

kae1crafts
03-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello again ladies!

Just wanted to let everyone know I am VERY sorry for the slow going on Jack Frost! Ugh! I did get some new yarn to use, but then got sick and was literally too tired to do ANYTHING - including knit. That's just wrong, right!? :)

Anyways, I am hoping to get it done very soon now and off to the next knitter.

If you still need knitters on Spring Flowers, sign me up - but maybe more towards the end?

Hope everyone else is well!
AshleyP

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. You're right - when you are too sick and tired to knit that is just WRONG!!!

:hug: for a speedy recovery.

Kae

purlingkitten
03-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I've signed you up.

Glad you're on the road to recovery!

bailchri
03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Hope you are feeling better fast, Ashley.

I'll work on Spring Flowers (can't recall if I already signed up or not)!

Dimpledapple
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Good to know you're feeling better, Ashley :hug:

bailchri
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Pinkalicious is in the mail as of this morning! Sorry for the delay - here it is ready for its border!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4407834956_8e0c9e6338.jpg

Jelly Bean also went out in the mail this morning, sorry for its delay as well.

bailchri
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Here's a picture of the new preemie blanket, Banana Split. I believe there are still spots open for it, check with Janet.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2791/4407066447_1b1543df24.jpg

kae1crafts
03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Pinkalicious is in the mail as of this morning! Sorry for the delay - here it is ready for its border!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4407834956_8e0c9e6338.jpg

Jelly Bean also went out in the mail this morning, sorry for its delay as well.

Love Pinkalicious. What yummy colors - hope I can find a border yarn to make it sing even more.

Kae

purlingkitten
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, slots are still available on Spring Flowers and Banana Split. Lets fill them up!

Knitters on Spring Flowers include Kae1crafts, Krismorales, bailchri and ashleyP.:yay:

Banana Split knitters are bailchri and tgriffin541. :cheering:

krismorales
03-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Splish Splash arrived today....now I have to go find some yarn....:woohoo: Lots of blankets travelling. I love it.

Kris:knitting:

PeattieWa
03-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm willing to knit on any of the newly started blankets.. Just let me know!:knitting: Becky

kae1crafts
03-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say that Pinkalicious arrived safely today ready for a border so I'll try to do this beautiful blanket justice with a border. :knitting: (actually should be crocheting but we don't have that icon! LOL)

So many pretty colors and great stitches. :cheering:

Kae

nannaknits
03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Jelly Beans arrived in today's mail. It's so pretty. I have to go shopping for the perfect yarn. Thanks for the pocket tissues Bailey.

kae1crafts
03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I've finished the border on Pinkalicious - what fun! :muah:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2789/4415110200_46f817ffd3.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/4415110242_5e88c781b1.jpg

Hope you all like what I've done as I love this blanket. :woot:

Kae

krismorales
03-07-2010, 08:32 PM
That is such a cute blanket...so sweet . And the border is amazing. It really finishes it off nicely.
:heart:

krismorales
03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Here's the latest picture of Splish Splash. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful blanket.

kae1crafts
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Those are great colors in Splish Splash and love the stitches. :yay:

purlingkitten
03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm willing to knit on any of the newly started blankets.. Just let me know!:knitting: Becky

I've added you to Spring Flowers and Banana Split.

mamapaulsel
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for posting pictures of the blankets. They are soooo pretty.

mamapaulsel
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Berries and Cream arrived in the mail today :woot: I am sooooo excited about working on an odd ball blanket. My dd's had fun helping me pick out just the right color from my stash to compliment the pretty blanket. Thanks for the cards, I use a lot of them. :)

scrappygolden
03-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Spearmint Candy arrived in yesterday's mail! Love the first color and can't wait to add my own touches.

Thanks for the notecards too! Funny thing is that notecards are on my list of things to get at the store!!! :woot:

kae1crafts
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I just shipped Holiday Magic and Pinkalicious to Purlingkitten an the delivery confirmation number is:

Thanks for letting me create the borders for these two precious blankets.

:cheering:

Kae

auburnchick
03-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi all!

I wanted to pop in for two reasons.

1) Your blankets look TERRIFIC!!! Oh my, but you ladies are doing an AMAZING job!!!! :thumbsup:

2) I wanted to ask something. You may already know that I work in the school system...subbing right now until I can secure a permanent teaching position. I have a longer-term subbing assignment right now, and one of my students is expecting a baby. This is the fifth student I've had since November to pop up pregnant. Anyhow, she just found out she's having a girl, and I was wondering if you might be willing to send me a blanket to give her.

If you'd rather keep the blankets in your region, I respect that. One of the reasons I am approaching you is because I already hit up my region and Shandeh during the fall. I was sent two blankets, which I gave out immediately to the girls who were due right after the New Year.

Anyhoo, I thought I would ask. This gal saw the other girls, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head. She was shocked that people care enough to make blankets for other people. I think it would touch her to receive something for her own baby.

Thanks all, and whatever your decision, I respect and appreciate it.

:muah:

mamapaulsel
03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Nathalie,
I have an odd ball blanket that I knit and a few that my DD crocheted. I'd be willing to send you one or all of them if you'd like. The knit one is in bright colors and has a matching little sweater to go with it. One crocheted blanket is done in pinks and browns the other is done in shades of blue. If you have any other questions just let me know. My DD and I would be happy to help out.
Brenda

PeattieWa
03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I think it would be great to send one of our blankets..Pinkalicious perhaps since the young lady is having a baby girl.. Becky

krismorales
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree...the point of the blankets is to go to someone who needs the support and unconditional love they provide. It's fine with me if we send one....I'm glad you asked! :muah:

Kris

kae1crafts
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I think it would be great to send one of our blankets..Pinkalicious perhaps since the young lady is having a baby girl.. Becky

I agree and think Pinkalicious would be perfect.

Kae

auburnchick
03-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Ohhhhhh...you ladies are so amazing!!!

:grphug:

One of the other region's coordinators sent me a PM. She's going to be getting a blanket in the mail any time, so let's hold off just a bit. I will certainly let you know if something happens with that plan, though.

One thing I've discovered is there is a huge need for the blankets in the school system. Sad, I know, but true just the same. Last fall, I had five pregnant girls in two classes. It was crazy! Three girls have had their babies since January.

I think, if I can get hired on at this high school, I might start some sort of program for these girls..things to donate to them. There will obviously continue to be a need.

Anyhoo, I will keep you ladies posted.

Thanks, again, for your generosity!!

AshleyP
03-16-2010, 12:04 AM
It's a miracle!

Now that there's no longer frost on the ground (at least not here in WA) I've finished my section on Jack Frost! :)

I am so so so sorry it took me so long. It's been a rough couple of weeks. Please don't hate me.....

So, who is up next?

Ashley
<><

kae1crafts
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Just mailed Spring Flowers to PeattieWa (Becky). Delivery confirmation number is: 03093220000044184507

Hope you enjoy it.

Kae:hug:

sgtpam
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I think, if I can get hired on at this high school, I might start some sort of program for these girls..things to donate to them. There will obviously continue to be a need.

Hope the job comes through Crossed Fingers ...they'd be lucky to get you! If you do, maybe some of the girls will want to learn to knit...it might keep them busy and give them a new hobby to help them stay out of further "trouble":teehee:

Dimpledapple
03-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Splish Splash arrived today -- such a pretty blanket! Thanks for the chocolates, Kris :hug:

purlingkitten
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I received Pinkalicious and Holiday Magic in the mail. Such pretty blankets! Great job to all that worked on them.

Kae1craft, thanks for the memo pad. Your card and envelope are very creative.

kae1crafts
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM
I received Pinkalicious and Holiday Magic in the mail. Such pretty blankets! Great job to all that worked on them.

Kae1craft, thanks for the memo pad. Your card and envelope are very creative.

I love to create cards out of 'junk mail' and other found papers. Glad you liked it.

Kae:hug:

purlingkitten
03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Our blanket, Banana Split, that bailchri started still needs 2 knitters and a border person.

So far knitters working on this one include bailchri, tgriffin541, PeattieWA and working4yarn.

Signups remain open for this one!

nannaknits
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I have finished the border on Jelly Beans. Where do I send it next? This is a colorful blanket, so pretty. Nanna

nannaknits
03-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Jelly Beans is in the mail today. Here's the conf #
0310 0480 0001 0859 5336
nanna

nannaknits
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Oops in my haste I forgot to show the photos, and then I also got the blanket showing from the reverse side.

kae1crafts
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
What a bright and beautiful blanket.:muah:

stisdale
03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone, Sarah here! I know it's been wayyyyy too long and I'm sorry, life has been too busy for knitting. :'( Anyways, I have the purple plum blanket and hopefully will have it finished very soon.

The blankets I saw look awesome!! Holiday Magic and Pinkalicious look wonderful, and the other blankets in progress look like they are going to be just as great!

Dimpledapple
03-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Splish Splash is making its way up to Oregon.
Confirmation # 0414 3364 8130 2317 4927

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4445216536_0c632db9b5.jpg

nannaknits
03-23-2010, 09:39 AM
WOW :inlove: What a pretty blankie. The stitches are just beautiful. Nice work ladies, you did yourself proud.

purlingkitten
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I received Jelly Beans yesterday. Such a pretty blanket.

Nannaknits, has it already been washed?

mamapaulsel
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Berries and Cream is ready for the next knitter.

nannaknits
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I didn't wash Jelly Beans because you told me you were going to wash it before taking it to the hospital. I could have washed it. Is that what we are suppose to do?

purlingkitten
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
I didn't wash Jelly Beans because you told me you were going to wash it before taking it to the hospital. I could have washed it. Is that what we are suppose to do?

No, I'm happy to wash them. I was just checking to see.

bailchri
03-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Easter Egg arrived today! Thanks, Tonya, for the diffuser kit!

I can't wait to look through my stash for the perfect next color, or to add to the blanket with the provided (thanks, Leslee) yarn!

Also, Olympic Rings and Banana Split were sent out yesterday. I took a picture of Olympic Rings and will post it in the next day or so.

pinnut3200
03-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Olympic Rings arrived today. I started my green section a few minutes ago while munching on one of the yummy bunnies enclosed in the package. Thanks, bailchri for satisfying my sweet tooth! :happydance:

Iíll have my section finished by Wednesday, so purlingkitten will you check on the next knitter?

auburnchick
03-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi all!

I received Pinkalicious this weekend, and it is adorable!!!! I already took it to the school to give it to my pregnant student.

You ladies ROCK!!! It's one thing to knit on the blankets, send them off, and never see the recipients' faces, but to hand one over and get a hug back...truly a priceless moment.

Hugs to each one of you! I love you guys!!

bailchri
03-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Olympic Rings when I sent it:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4475466520_161df117ce.jpg

Easter Egg is now ready for the next knitter:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4474689517_9be3614c8a.jpg

I actually used 3 colors for my section; a pale yellow, the variegated that was included with the blanket, and a light green. I love that the section of the variegated that I used only pulled in some yellow, white, green and blue, perfect for the 2 colors I had it between!

kae1crafts
03-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Olympic Rings when I sent it:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4475466520_161df117ce.jpg

Easter Egg is now ready for the next knitter:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4474689517_9be3614c8a.jpg

I actually used 3 colors for my section; a pale yellow, the variegated that was included with the blanket, and a light green. I love that the section of the variegated that I used only pulled in some yellow, white, green and blue, perfect for the 2 colors I had it between!

Those are both beautiful. Great job.

Kae:yay:

mspwrz
03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
I just applied to join today. I would love to help. Also, I can help withborders as needed. I am looking forward to working with you all. I am hoping that I can make a positive contribution.

Rhonda

bailchri
03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
I just applied to join today. I would love to help. Also, I can help withborders as needed. I am looking forward to working with you all. I am hoping that I can make a positive contribution.

Rhonda

Welcome! It's always great to have new people and I know there are some openings on blankets and we're always starting new ones!

Speaking of new ones...there are a LOT of girly blankets in progress right now. I think we need to get some going soon that are a little more masculine. Just a thought to keep in mind.

kae1crafts
03-31-2010, 06:10 PM

Rhonda

Welcome Rhonda :woot: - I think there are blankets that need both knitters and borders. I'm sure Purlingkitten will get you something soon.:hug:

Bailey - I agree that we need boys blankets too. :thumbsup: Lots of girly ones in the flow at the moment.

Kae

purlingkitten
03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Please welcome mspwrz to our group!

It's great to have so many enthusiastic knitters. It keeps our hands and needles busy.

purlingkitten
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
I've started another blanket for us to work on and have called it Key Lime Pie. This will be a preemie and will require 5 more knitters and a border person.

Signups are open!

purlingkitten
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, there does seem to be several "girly" blankets in the works though we do have several "boyish" ones also. It must be the feeling of spring in the air! or the luck of the oddball.

I've started another blanket of a more masculine nature. I'm calling it Pooh Bear and Friends. I'm hoping we can do the sections in colors of Pooh's friends but I have already chosen to do Pooh.

1. Pooh - color - golden brown - honeycomb pattern - purlingkitten

Suggestions might include: Eyeore, Kanga, Piglet, Owl

Anybody want to do this one?

krismorales
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd like to do piglet on the Pooh and Friends blanket...that sounds like fun.

Also, welcome Rhonda...this is a fun group and we are glad to have you join us.

PeattieWa
03-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I could knit a section on Key Lime Pie..I don't think I'm signed up for anything else right now Becky

PeattieWa
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
I could do Tigger in Orange for the Pooh blanket... Becky

bailchri
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I can do a yellow color on the Pooh blanket to represent Christopher Robin - he wears a yellow shirt.

mamapaulsel
03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Berries and Cream was mailed yesterday 3-30-2010 and here is the confirmation number: 0309 3220 0001 7884 1598

krismorales
04-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Spring Floweres arrived yesterday. I have to look through my stash to see if I have a springy color I can use.

Thanks for the stitch marekers Becky. Green is my favorit color.

Happy Easter All! Be well.

Kris

PeattieWa
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
You're welcome! Have fun with the blanket!

Dimpledapple
04-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Olympic Rings is here! Thank you so much, Nancy. You spoil me so...:hug:

mspwrz
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I would like to do Eeyore! He is my favorite Pooh Character.
Rhonda:woot:

Dimpledapple
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Olympic Rings will be heading out to Kae tomorrow morning!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4501527618_f24215e658.jpg

kae1crafts
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Olympic Rings will be heading out to Kae tomorrow morning!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4501527618_f24215e658.jpg

I'll watch for it and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Well done everyone. :cheering:

Kae

sgtpam
04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Olympic Rings arrived today. I started my green section a few minutes ago while munching on one of the yummy bunnies enclosed in the package. Thanks, bailchri for satisfying my sweet tooth! :happydance:

Iíll have my section finished by Wednesday, so purlingkitten will you check on the next knitter?

What pattern did you use for your green section? I like it:thumbsup:

purlingkitten
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
This letter was in my mailbox today from Seattle Children's Hopital and I wanted to share it with all of you.

To: West Coast Oddball Blanket Group

Dear Friends,

On behalf of the Board of Trustees of Seattle Children's Hospital and the patients and their families, it is my pleasure to thank you for the 5 lovely handmade blankets that you recently donated. We are very grateful for your thoughtful generosity.

Seattle Children's mission is to care for all children regardless of their parents' ability to pay. Uncompensated care is expected to exceed $100 million in 2010 to provide the highest quality medical care to the children of the Northwest needing our services.

Thank you again - your support is very much appreciated!

Very sincerely,

Thomas H. Hansen, MD
CEO

pinnut3200
04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
What pattern did you use for your green section? I like it:thumbsup:

This is one of my favorite stitch patterns because it is quick, reversible, and adds texture.

It is called Checks & Ridges (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/checksridges.htm).

bailchri
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Easter Egg is on its way to Brenda in Texas! Enjoy working on this happy little blanket!

PeattieWa
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Pam , my son is in the Air Force and my husband is retired Navy..Thanks for the great message! Becky

mamapaulsel
04-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks, I can't wait to work on Easter Egg and Splish Splash when they both arrive.

Dimpledapple
04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Kae, I've just sent off Olympic Rings.
Confirmation # 0309 3220 0002 1687 2317

Sorry I didn't send it yesterday, but my local APC has been out of order :nails:

kae1crafts
04-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Sorry I didn't send it yesterday, but my local APC has been out of order :nails:

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know and don't worry about not sending it yesterday. I'll let you know when it arrives. :hug:

Kae

mamapaulsel
04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Easter Egg arrived in time today to go to the Astro's game with us :teehee: What a sweet little blanket, I love the colors in this one. I had DH take a picture of me knitting on the blanket while we were at the game. I'll post it tomorrow, I never leave home without my knitting. :knitting: :thumbsup:

PeattieWa
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
You sound like me....Always have a project packed and ready to go!
I think it makes the time pass more quickly when you're waiting in line, at the dr.'s office etc... Becky

mamapaulsel
04-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree, I always have a project ready to go with me. It depends on my mood as to which one I choose to work on. Also where I'm going and the project. Some require more concentration and some I call mindless knitting that I could do anywhere. I think that this is what people might call and addiction :teehee:

mspwrz
04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I take my knitting bag along almost everywhere I go. I need to keep my hands busy. I even carry a crochet hook or two and a ball from my left over stash to make a quick item or gift.

sgtpam
04-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Pam , my son is in the Air Force and my husband is retired Navy..Thanks for the great message! Becky

It's one of my favorites...I'm an Airman (30+ years)

PeattieWa
04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
He has been in 2.5 years and was just promoted to Senior Airman. He has certainly grown up and we are very proud of him!

kae1crafts
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I often want to agree with what the previous poster has said and the only option is thanks - which doesn't always apply - so if I post a 'thanks' and you think that is odd - know that I am applauding or agreeing.

Your knitting friend who is so thankful for your families who have military members serving - :hug:

Kae

kae1crafts
04-12-2010, 06:14 PM
I just received Olympic Rings in the mail and think I have a great yarn for the border - I'll have to try it and see. Love it and want to do it justice with the border. :knitting:

mspwrz
04-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Key Lime Pie arrived safely in Wichita Falls. It is so delicate and beautiful! I am anxious to get started on it. Thank you again for allowing me to sign up to help. I hope I can do you ladies justice.

mamapaulsel
04-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Easter Egg is ready to be sent to the next knitter. I had so much fun working in this beautiful little blankie that I couldn't believe it when my 4" were done.

mamapaulsel
04-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Splish Splash arrived today :woot: It is soooo beautiful :inlove: I hope that I can do it justice. Wonderful job ladies!!!:thumbsup: Thanks for the goodies, Helen. I love Altoids and I can always use recipe cards. Now I'm going to go through my stash and see if I have some yarn for this pretty little blankie.

mspwrz
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Key Lime pie will be ready to send to the next knitter this weekend. I will take a picture and post the progress as soon as I get home as the last few rows should be finished. Thank you so much for the opportunity to work on this soft, sweet blanket.

krismorales
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Berries and Cream arrived yesterday and ....I actually had some perfect yarn in my stash. Yeah for the stash. It's really a bright and happy blanket. Someone will be lucky to get it. Happy Friday.

kae1crafts
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM

I forgot in my earlier post to say "Thanks" for the lovely note cards you included in with Olympic Rings.

I've now finished the border and hope to have a picture to post soon.:woot:

Thanks again for the note cards.:hug:

Kae

Olympic Rings finished

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4526272360_614a521efd.jpg

Border Detail on Olympic Rings

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4525641305_0070e8ab1d_m.jpg

bailchri
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
PERFECT border yarn choice! Kae you have been adding some really great borders to our blankets!!

purlingkitten
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Olympic Rings looks lovely. Great job to all that worked on this blanket!:cheering:

Dimpledapple
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Gorgeous!! :inlove: Kae, your borders are always so lovely!

kae1crafts
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
PERFECT border yarn choice! Kae you have been adding some really great borders to our blankets!!

Thanks :hug: - I love trying to find the perfect yarn to compliment the blanket for a border and then set the mood with the stitch - bold for boys and a little lacier for girls. I think the borders are my favorite part to contribute.

Kae

mamapaulsel
04-16-2010, 04:23 PM
The blanket is :inlove: I'm having so much fun being part of this wonderful group of knitters.

krismorales
04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Wow, Olympic Rings looks great....that really is a perfect border

sgtpam
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I just checked the blog...if you still have a slot on Crayon Box, you can add me.

krismorales
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Pooh and Friends arrived today. I have some perfect yarn to add for piglet...now I just have to try and find a good stitch. I'm thinking something that gives a curlyque appearance to show piglets tail. How fun... Janet...thanks for the Cotlet...it was gone rather quickly and just hit the spot. My mother used to get those when we were little and we were only allowed to share on special occasions. Fun memories! Happy knitting all.:knitting:

mamapaulsel
04-17-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd be happy to work on Crayon Box too. Sounds like a fun one to work on.

bailchri
04-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I just checked the blog...if you still have a slot on Crayon Box, you can add me.

Those of you who inquired about Crayon Box - it was a blanket done long ago by only one knitter - that's why there is only one name on the blanket.

Maybe we should remove the lists on the blog after the blanket is done.

pinnut3200
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM

The Crayon Box (http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2009/02/full-crayon-box.html) that is on the blog is a blanket that I knit myself and sent to marria to add the border for our group.

Sadly, marria and the blanket have gone MIA. :verysad:

You can see the finished blanket on my blog (http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2009/02/full-crayon-box.html).

It was a lot of fun to make, and I suggest that the group start one.

Dimpledapple
04-18-2010, 11:41 PM
The Crayon Box (http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2009/02/full-crayon-box.html) that is on the blog is a blanket that I knit myself and sent to marria to add the border for our group.

Sadly, marria and the blanket have gone MIA. :verysad:

You can see the finished blanket on my blog (http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2009/02/full-crayon-box.html).

It was a lot of fun to make, and I suggest that the group start one.

Ooh, it would be fun to knit one as a group! I'd kept it on the list in the hopes that it would one day find its way back. Your call, though, Nancy. If you prefer, I can definitely take it off.

pinnut3200
04-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd kept it on the list in the hopes that it would one day find its way back.

I'm afraid that it is gone forever. Auburnchick and I both tried to contact Marria, but she doesn't respond.

You might as well take it off of the list.

mspwrz
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
It is a shame that the blanket disappeared. I suggest that we start another one and call it Crayon Box, Too as a group blanket. I would love to reserve a spot on it.

I am working on my first blanket start right now. I am going to call it "Frogs and Snails". It is a regular boy blanket since there seem to be too few of those right now. The first section in about half finished right now and is Kelly Green- Vanna's Choice. I named it for the poem about what boys are made of. In my minds eye, it will be the bright colors that different kinds of frogs can be with a white and brown border for the snails and puppy dog tails. I chose the green to start off with because I have this neat picture of my son (then 15) with this huge bullfrog he caught while working with his scoutmaster as a cleanup person on a home construction site. He has this cute boyish grin and this big green frog! Let me know what you think.

PeattieWa
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I agree that it is unbelievable that someone would take off with a blanket made for charity..That should give us all the fire power to want to do more...I love working on these blankets and I'm sure that those who receive them are very grateful. Becky

purlingkitten
04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
mspwrz has started a new blanket for us to work on. She's calling it Frogs and Snails. It will be a regular one and will need 5 more knitters and a border. Signups are open!

mamapaulsel
04-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm up for working on Frogs and Snails if there are spots. I don't want to be a knit hog :teehee: so if others are interested I won't be offended if you don't need me. I just love working on these beautiful blankets and helping out those little babies.

purlingkitten
04-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm up for working on Frogs and Snails if there are spots. I don't want to be a knit hog :teehee: so if others are interested I won't be offended if you don't need me. I just love working on these beautiful blankets and helping out those little babies.

I'll add you to the list.

there are still have 2 spots open on this blanket. Let's fill it up!

mspwrz
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I'll add you to the list.

there are still have 2 spots open on this blanket. Let's fill it up!

It will be ready to send off by Thursday.

Dimpledapple
04-21-2010, 12:59 AM
I just love working on these beautiful blankets and helping out those little babies.

Those blankets are fun, aren't they? Mspwrz, I just noticed you asked to do the Eeyore section on Pooh and Friends. Do you still want to claim it?

mspwrz
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
I would love to but I thought it was already full. If somone had it and wants to give it up I would take in a heartbeat but I do not want to step on any toes. I am redoing my section on Key Lime Pie and will be open after that. Thank you for including me! I am having soo much fun with this group!

OTN: Key Lime Pie for West Coast Oddballs (Premie)
OTN: Seed Stitch Scarf and Hat in Deep Purple and Gold for a friend
OTL: Maroon and Gold Hat for Graduation Present
OTH: Chemo Caps
Teaching students to knit using handmade needles.

Dimpledapple
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I would love to but I thought it was already full. If somone had it and wants to give it up I would take in a heartbeat but I do not want to step on any toes.

It's just missing the border person. I have the Eeyore section, and I really don't mind. I can sign up for Frogs and Snails instead!

kae1crafts
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I mailed Olympic Rings to Purlingkitten today. :cheering: Here is the delivery confirmation number:

9405 5036 9930 0212 3018 02

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4526272360_614a521efd.jpg

Thanks for trusting me to do a matching border. It is a lot of fun.:hug:

Kae

nannaknits
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I was so excited when this blankie arrived that I just sat down and started to knit on it right away. I forgot to post to the group that it had arrived. I do apologize for my error. Thank you Elizabeth for the sweet notecards. I have completed my section and it is ready for the next knitter. Nanna

mamapaulsel
04-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Easter Egg will be sent off on Monday.

purlingkitten
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I received our completed Olympic Rings in the mail on Saturday. Thanks, Kae, for the bouquet of roses!

PeattieWa
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I received both Pooh and Berries and Cream today from Kris...I think I have yarn in my stash for both blankets...so no shopping for me):
Thanks for the surprises Kris...You Spoiled me! Becky:knitting:

nannaknits
04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I mailed Spearmint Twist today, to Kris in Castro Valley.
Conf # 0309 3220 0001 8750 9984 Nanna

mamapaulsel
04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Having just a little money flow problems right now but will send Easter Egg as soon as DH gets paid this Friday. Sorry about the wait.

bailchri
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Spring Flowers arrived today! It's definitely not spring like weather here today, but this little blanket added some cheer! I already have a great yarn that I think will look nice, so I should have this blanket ready to send within a few days! I'll post a picture after my section, because I don't think we've seen one since it was started.

krismorales
04-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Spearmint Candy arrived safe and unharmed. It's a really cute blanket. Thanks for the note cards, Dottie.

Happy knitting all!:knitting:

PeattieWa
04-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Both Berries and Cream and Pooh are ready for the next knitter.. Please let me know where to send them .. Thanks! Becky:knitting:

mamapaulsel
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Easter Egg is in the mail to CA and here is the tracking number
0494 2435 6110 3414 3781
Sorry that it took so long for me to get it in the mail. Things have been extra busy here since DH's grandmother passed away on April 15. But hopefully things will get back on track and back to normal.

krismorales
04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
I just love it when we have a lot of blankets and they are all hopping along their merry way. It makes me smile. :mrgreen: :woot:

Kris

Dimpledapple
04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I just love it when we have a lot of blankets and they are all hopping along their merry way. It makes me smile. :mrgreen: :woot:

Kris

Ditto! :cheering:

mspwrz
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Going in the mail this afternoon or in the morning! Here it comes Julie!

auburnchick
05-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I agree that it is unbelievable that someone would take off with a blanket made for charity..That should give us all the fire power to want to do more...I love working on these blankets and I'm sure that those who receive them are very grateful. Becky

If memory serves correctly, Marria was going through some extreme personal issues. I'm pretty sure she got overwhelmed in the midst, packed it away accidentally, and simply forgot about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up somewhere one of these days.

mamapaulsel
05-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I have Splish Splash finished on my end and can send it on for the next knitter on Monday. I had fun working on this one and received many compliments on all of the hard work that all of the knitters did on this beautiful little blanket. Good Job Knitters :thumbsup:

mspwrz
05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I finally got it in the mail this afternoon. Sorry guys. I accidentally left it at work yesterday. Confirmation number is 0309 1830 0001 1313 8780.

Dimpledapple
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Easter Egg arrived yesterday! Thanks, mampaulsel :hug:

purlingkitten
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Everyone must be busy working on blankets. Let's report our progress!

kae1crafts
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm between blankets at the moment. Finished Olympic Rings and mailed it to Purlingkitten. :woot:

Kae

mamapaulsel
05-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Waiting to send off Splish Splash and for the next blanket to arrive when it's my turn :teehee: I :inlove: working on these beautiful blankets. I admire all of the talented knitters in this wonderful group.:knitting: Y'all ROCK:thumbsup:

mamapaulsel
05-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Easter Egg arrived yesterday! Thanks, mampaulsel :hug:

You are so welcome, sorry it took so long for me to get it to you.

mspwrz
05-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Everyone must be busy working on blankets. Let's report our progress!

I have mailed Key Lime Pie and am holding on to Frogs and Snails until it fills up. I am working on other projects until my turn on Pooh and Friends. Kinda thought about starting another one just to have something to do.

mamapaulsel
05-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Splish Splash is in the mail and the confirmation # is: 0494 2435 6110 3414 4092 I hope that when the border is put on it will straighten out. I'm a tighter knitter than the rest of y'all and it gets kind of narrow on the end that I did. I need to relax and loosen up my stitches.

kae1crafts
05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Splish Splash is in the mail and the confirmation # is: 0494 2435 6110 3414 4092 I hope that when the border is put on it will straighten out. I'm a tighter knitter than the rest of y'all and it gets kind of narrow on the end that I did. I need to relax and loosen up my stitches.

I'll see what I can do - sometimes they straighten out a lot and sometimes we add ruffles so that it doesn't show as much! ;) LOL. Look forward to working on it. :knitting:

Kae

mspwrz
05-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I mailed Frogs and Snails today. Confirmation number is 0309 1830 0001 1314 2930. Hope you enjy working on it Brenda!!!!

PeattieWa
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
:woohoo: I sent off Berries and Cream and Pooh and Friends this afternoon. They should arrive on Monday. I look forward to working on more blankets:knitting: Becky

purlingkitten
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
:woohoo: I sent off Berries and Cream and Pooh and Friends this afternoon. They should arrive on Monday. I look forward to working on more blankets:knitting: Becky

Did you mail Pooh Bear or Easter Egg? I just need to keep the records straight.

mamapaulsel
05-10-2010, 05:42 PM
:woohoo: Got Frogs and Snails today, I can't wait to get started on in. I have the perfect yarn just waiting to be used, it's calling my name:teehee: Rhonda, thanks for the extra large stitch markers. How did you know that I needed them? They will be extra handy as I work on MIL's blanket for c-mas.

mspwrz
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I hope you enjoy working on it as much as I enjoyed starting it. I was afraid to send chocolate now that it is getting to be true Texas weather! I thought about sending a pair of homemade needles but wasn't sure you would like them. Happy Knitting!!!!

bailchri
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Did you mail Pooh Bear or Easter Egg? I just need to keep the records straight.

I received Pooh Bear yesterday, so she must have sent that one! Thanks for the notepad, Becky!

bailchri
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Spring Flowers will be on its way to Carol in Hawaii either later this afternoon or tomorrow.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/4599295174_82f1d1c201.jpg

Does anyone else have pictures of the current blankets as they look now? It seems like it's been a very long time since we've seen any pictures! I also have Pooh and Friends and once my section is done, I'll post a picture of that.

kae1crafts
05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Spring Flowers will be on its way to Carol in Hawaii either later this afternoon or tomorrow.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/4599295174_82f1d1c201.jpg

Does anyone else have pictures of the current blankets as they look now? It seems like it's been a very long time since we've seen any pictures! I also have Pooh and Friends and once my section is done, I'll post a picture of that.

I love what everyone has been doing with Spring Flowers. :woot:

Kae

mamapaulsel
05-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I hope you enjoy working on it as much as I enjoyed starting it. I was afraid to send chocolate now that it is getting to be true Texas weather! I thought about sending a pair of homemade needles but wasn't sure you would like them. Happy Knitting!!!!

Who makes the home made needles and how do you make them? You are so right about the chocolate in the Texas heat. I'm keeping close to the good old AC units these days :roflhard:

mamapaulsel
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Spring Flowers is soooo pretty, great job everyone!:cheering:

kae1crafts
05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Waiting to send off Splish Splash and for the next blanket to arrive when it's my turn :teehee: I :inlove: working on these beautiful blankets. I admire all of the talented knitters in this wonderful group.:knitting: Y'all ROCK:thumbsup:

Splish Splash arrived today for it's border. What a pretty little blue and green blanket. Now off to find the perfect yarn for the border. Picture will follow after the border is complete. :knitting:

Brenda, thanks for the pretty sticky tabs and notes. :hug:

Kae - kae1crafts on Ravelry