PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Dishcloth KAL - The Olympics are Officially Over - What's Your Dishcloth Count?

Pages : [1] 2

auburnchick
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been pondering this idea for a bit and was wondering if anyone would be interested...

I have a lot of Peaches 'n Cream sitting around and have been wanting to make some dishcloths and washcloths.

My thoughts are to try to complete one on each day of the Olympics. That would make 17 FO's when it's all said and done.

Anyone game?

We could post suggested patterns or just do whatever we want.

Oh, and here's (http://en.beijing2008.cn/cptvenues/schedule/) a link to the schedule of the games. Opening ceremonies are on 8/8, and the Closing ceremonies are on 8/24.

Karina
07-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Since it does not start till 8/8 I may be game. will just have to see how many balls of cotton that I have, I have spent quite a lot on yarn recently so this would have to be a stash only knit.

Thanks for the link to the games schedule, have saved it so I know when to watch the things that I like.

KnittinMitchie
07-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Auburn your encouraging me to go buy cotton yarn LOL But I'm game. To look for some good patterns there is knitting knonscence (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/index2.html), Knitting Pattern Central (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/) and of course Ravelry.

auburnchick
07-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm kind of looking at this as a stash-buster KAL too. I have so much cotton yarn, that I think it would be a great way to use it up.

Regardless of how many cloths we complete, we'll at least have our own goals while we're watching others reach their's.

CMRab
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. A good way to use up that 14 oz ball of cotton.

auntcrafty
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm in! I have several balls of Sugar & Cream and planned on making dishcloths for my new home.

princessbonniejane
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm in!

auburnchick
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
That's great, all! I'll see what kind of patterns I can find for the cloths...things to go along with our theme, if you want.

:hug:

mks22300
07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in! :)

auburnchick
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in! :)

:woot:

Yay! This will be a lot of fun!!!

Here are a few patterns I found...

Dishcloth Pattern Site (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php)

Continental USA Cloth (http://knittingheavenonearth.blogspot.com/2007/02/continental-usa-cloth.html)

Dragonfly and His Dinner (http://dishclothcorner.blogspot.com/2007_05_25_archive.html)

Feather and Fan Dishcloth (http://knitting.about.com/od/homepatterns/p/feather-cloth.htm)

Doily Style Dishcloth (http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=131)

Just a few to get started...

dustinac
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM
:yay: I'm in!!

Can we do the same pattern on them all? (I tend to do the Grandmother's favorite diagonal pattern all the time :teehee: )

kellee0302
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm in, I have plenty of sugar n cream and would like to give dishcloths as gifts to my co workers this year. So I'm be depleting my stash(making my DH happy) and completing Xmas gifts early.

auburnchick
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
:yay: I'm in!!

Can we do the same pattern on them all? (I tend to do the Grandmother's favorite diagonal pattern all the time :teehee: )

Oh yes, of course! Please feel free to use whatever pattern(s) you want. The point is to knit as many as you can or want. This will definitely be a good time to knit some up as gifts or whatnot.

DeAnzaJig
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm in! :cheering: What a great idea!

This will be my first KAL, and it's perfect! I have a bunch of random balls of Sugar n' Creme that I bought about a year or so ago that are just waiting to be made into more dishclothes.
I don't think I have 17 worth, but I'm going to knit them up until they are gone. :lol:

auburnchick
07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome, welcome!

Use what you have...then buy more if you've got to. :thumbsup:

I'm so glad this idea is catching on. Y'all rock! :muah:

Minne2
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Here's another one for the dishcloth sprint! ;)

Minne2

dustinac
07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
:yay: This will give me a head start as well...I usually start dishrags in Sept when I take Isaiah up for the school bus...I give them out all year long and like to have plenty on hand (esp. 'cause I have one friend that likes to take them hot off the needles) :teehee:

CMRab
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
This is my favorite dishcloth site lately.

http://www.designs-by-emily.com/free.php

auburnchick
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
This is my favorite dishcloth site lately.

http://www.designs-by-emily.com/free.php

Thanks so much! :hug:

jberry16
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I have tons of cotton to use & just need the motovation, thanks! I'm in. see y'all on 8-8 (ok so I'll check in before that) maybe I can get my central park hoodie done before that.

auburnchick
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
:woohoo:

Yippee! Welcome to this KAL! The more the merrier! We'll finally bust some of that stash...making our spouses happy and justifying the purchase of yarn later on down the road!

jberry16
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
:woohoo:

Yippee! Welcome to this KAL! The more the merrier! We'll finally bust some of that stash...making our spouses happy and justifying the purchase of yarn later on down the road!

AMEN!!!

anyone every dyed cotton? I read somewhere (don't remember who's blog) that you can buy the tyedye packs at the craft store and there's a certain chemical that keeps the dyes bright and fuses them with teh cotton so to speak and so you can dye your cotton yarns. just curious if anyone's tried it. A friend of mine said she'd dyed some of her's with rit and it wokred. anyone tried rit? I have a bunch of natural color that's why I'm asking.

sgtpam
07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I just finished my first one last week and love it. I don't really knit fast enough to keep up with you, but...since you're doing dishcloths, I just got a great deal at Hobby Lobby. If you have one near you and can go tomorrow, they have a coupon for 40% off one regularly priced item. I just came home with a 1 lb spool of Sugar 'n Cream for less than $6.00! I'm going back for another one tomorrow; you need to print the coupon and it expires tomorrow.

auburnchick
07-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I just finished my first one last week and love it. I don't really knit fast enough to keep up with you, but...since you're doing dishcloths, I just got a great deal at Hobby Lobby. If you have one near you and can go tomorrow, they have a coupon for 40% off one regularly priced item. I just came home with a 1 lb spool of Sugar 'n Cream for less than $6.00! I'm going back for another one tomorrow; you need to print the coupon and it expires tomorrow.

Why don't you join us anyway! Do as many as you can. Even if it's only one. The point is just to have fun. :thumbsup:

Poumpkin
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm on too! Sounds like a good way to focus on the Olympics. LOL

auburnchick
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm on too! Sounds like a good way to focus on the Olympics. LOL

:cheering:

I'm starting to wonder if I should make a list of days and pick a pattern for each day...for myself anyway.

I think I might just sit down and do that today and then post it here. If anyone wants to follow along, then you can. If not, you can feel free to do your own thing. I know that a lot of us have patterns we've been wanting to try.

LBECK
07-12-2008, 06:51 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun though I might not be able to do one every night. More like 1 every other night. I would like to join in anyway.

I have just finished my fourth dishcloth ever and it has taken me two nights to make each one.

Thanks for all of the patterns I just bought a book of dishcloth patterns and I love it. I might make some more of them and use the ones that you all put on her as well.

I am making them also for coworkers for birthday's this year and maybe christmas as well... And my DH who is moving into an appartment at school this fall.

auburnchick
07-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Hooray! I'm so glad you're joining us! We're all gonna be pros at this by the time we're done, eh? Or else we'll be sick of dishcloths. :teehee:

auburnchick
07-16-2008, 10:56 PM
A button for your sig, if you're so inclined!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2676236170_6ee6cac36d_t.jpg

Karina
07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Have spent a few moments here and there going around the house finding Balls of Cotton Yarn to see if I had enough to knit a wash cloth everyday for two weeks and this is what I have found.

it is mostly Rowan Hand knit cotton and Sirdar Luxury cotton DK. We don't get Sugar and creme (I think that's the name) but have used this before and they work well.

The skein that is not wound into a ball is cotton my MIL gave me (big bag of it). Hope to get the kids involved in dying it (last day of school is Wednesday) make their own colour combo and then I will make them their own cloth from it.

So I would say I'm good to go.:happydance:

LBECK
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
OMG that is a lot of yarn.

Karina
07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I have to say I never thought I would dig up this much cotton, thought I would actually have to make up some excuse why my DH had to go and buy me more. He gets it at a shop near his work.

auburnchick
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Ok...I've got to get my hiney moving! I'm going to get my cotton out of the various baskets and take a picture too! :teehee:

My plan is to match each skein with a pattern. Then, I won't waste time each day trying to figure out what I want to do but will be able to grab a "package" and start knitting. I'll post my plan...as soon as I come up with it. :??

:roflhard:

auburnchick
07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, you inspired me. Here's my cotton stash:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2690082517_a18c6b0e95.jpg

There's 13 skeins in there...not quite enough for all 17 days, but I have a feeling that my goal of completing one cloth per day is ambitious. But hey, it's the Olympics. It's all about ambitions and striving for a goal. :teehee:

jberry16
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I thought I had a cotton stash pic, but not sure where it is, but I have my big stash box & I know where my cotton is...this starts when?

DeAnzaJig
07-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I hope no one minds but I had to start this KAL a little early.

I looked and looked, but couldn't find an Olympics themed dishcloth pattern for this KAL, so I designed my own!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2689958867_918a985b21.jpg

This is the first time I've ever designed anything, as I'm a stick to the pattern type of knitter, and I'm pleased with it.

I typed up the pattern and attached it, in case anyone else would like to make an Olympics Ring 2008 dishcloth of their own. :blush:

Pattern Note: It should say that the Odd row stitch goes up to row 53, not 35!!!

CMRab
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
:yay: :yay:

great job!!!!!

That looks like the perfect cloth for the opening ceremonies.

mks22300
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
That's fabulous DeAnzaJig! :thumbsup:

auntcrafty
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes! Thank you so much!

Karina
07-22-2008, 02:02 AM
DeAnzaJig - WOW I love it. Definitely the Opening Ceremonies Cloth. That will be my first One. Brilliant work.

Auburnchick - Nice cotton collection what is the colour and make of the last two balls, the variegated blue. Love those

auburnchick
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I thought I had a cotton stash pic, but not sure where it is, but I have my big stash box & I know where my cotton is...this starts when?

Officially, I thought we'd start on the day of opening ceremonies, which is August 8th. Here's (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/Nancy%20Stearns) the link for a schedule. Looks like "someone" got a little excited. :teehee: I just love the enthusiasm!!

I hope no one minds but I had to start this KAL a little early.

I looked and looked, but couldn't find an Olympics themed dishcloth pattern for this KAL, so I designed my own!

I love it!!! I had hunted and hunted for a pattern. You ROCK!!!!!!!
This is going to be the first one I make!!!

:yay:

Auburnchick - Nice cotton collection what is the colour and make of the last two balls, the variegated blue. Love those

Those are Tahki Cotton Classic...no color name, just a number. They were a gift from another knitter on one of the Oddball Baby Blankets. I'm thrilled that I have a project to use them with!

dustinac
07-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Ohh cool thanks for the pattern, I wondered if there was one out there :happydance:

:woot: I get so excited for the Olympics that I drive my dh crazy!! I love to watch them all...I'm suppose to go home the first or 2nd week of Aug and I'm having trouble deciding when...do I miss the Opening night in HD (parents have a very small tv) or do I miss all the Olympics in HD...I'm thinking I'll go down the first week and have JD tivo the opening night for me :rofl:

jberry16
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
You should start designing things, you did a fantastic job :woot: go you!

LBECK
07-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Love that orange and the pat. is great... I printed will do it first for myself in red/white/blue I think. If you do ever decide to design things I would be glad to pay someone to write me a pat. for RAZORBACKS, GO HOGS, and WHOOO PIG - SOOOIE!!. I have tried to make a chart and work from it but with no luck. I am not good at these things I guess. I am still trying though in case maybe one day a light goes off in this head of mine. lol I guess I am still too new at knitting to expect much.

DeAnzaJig
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the :heart: for my dishcloth! :lol: I'm glad everyone likes it!

LBECK - Now you've got me pondering how I would do those! Are you referring to the University of Arkansas Razorbacks? It would be cool to do one of the pig itself, as well.

Since everyone else is sharing, here's a picture of my dishcloth yarn stash that I hope to eliminate by the end of the challenge!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2330/1780158352_0c59b57b09.jpg

LBECK
07-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the :heart: for my dishcloth! :lol: I'm glad everyone likes it!

LBECK - Now you've got me pondering how I would do those! Are you referring to the University of Arkansas Razorbacks? It would be cool to do one of the pig itself, as well.

Yes, I am and the pig itself would be a great idea. I would be so greatful. Do you want to do it? If not does anyone want to attempt it? I would pay for the pattern.

DeAnzaJig
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
LBECK - If you're still serious, I'm ready the take on the challenge of creating some custom dishcloths for you! :lol: I'll send you a PM to get some specifics and then I'll be ready to get started.

This is going to be fun! :cheering:

auburnchick
07-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Ok all...I'm gearing up! I am starting to pair up my yarn with patterns...so I'll be prepared to go full-steam ahead!

jberry16
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Michaels has sugar n creme yarn on sale for $1 a skein if anyone needs it.

suewoz
07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I think I am in. I know I won't get one cloth a day done but if I get a few done I will by happy. Work will prevent me from knitting all day while watching the Olympics BUT I will watch in the evenings and some on weekends so I can use up some Sugar and Cream.

jberry16
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
only 8 days left, right?

LBECK
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok all...I'm gearing up! I am starting to pair up my yarn with patterns...so I'll be prepared to go full-steam ahead!

Good idea!:cheering:

DeAnzaJig
07-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I can't wait for 8/8/08 at 8 pm!

I just finished reading Sports Illustrated's Olympic issue and I love how they list out every single Olympic sport and all the separate categories. It's amazing how many weight classes sports like Judo have and I would be hard pressed to have guessed that canoeing was an Olympic sport. :lol:

suewoz - I'm in the same boat as you. Work is such an interruption to important things like viewing the Olympics and knitting!

auburnchick
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I work part-time, so I totally understand! Plus, I'm going to be studying for an exam those first few days. My exam is scheduled for 8/11, so I'll be "free" after that.

dustinac
07-30-2008, 07:55 PM
:happydance: I won't be here till the 10th or the 11th (going to mom's and she doesn't have a computer) but I'll be able to knit in the car that weekend coming home...I'll be happy if I get a couple done...I am in a lot of olympic KALs :rofl:

auburnchick
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
:happydance: I won't be here till the 10th or the 11th (going to mom's and she doesn't have a computer) but I'll be able to knit in the car that weekend coming home...I'll be happy if I get a couple done...I am in a lot of olympic KALs :rofl:

:teehee:

mks22300
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Hmm, I think I need to make a trip to Michaels, or JoAnn's or A.C. Moore, or maybe all three! :teehee:

jberry16
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
why not, esp if the yarn's made in America then it sure would help our economy, right?! Am I enabling yet?

auburnchick
08-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, I've cheated a bit. I got a head start on the Olympic Dishcloth. I'm studying for a teaching certification exam and know that keeping up with one cloth per day, for the first few days, is going to be tough. So, I took a break from the studying and knit about half of the cloth. If I keep up this pace...maybe a half a dishcloth a day, I will, hopefully, be about where I want to be, progress-wise. I'll post a photo when I've finished it.

CMRab
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
My cotton stash just took a drastic jump. Bought 20 skeins at Micheal's the other day. Can't beat a sale like that. :happydance:

auburnchick
08-01-2008, 06:16 PM
My cotton stash just took a drastic jump. Bought 20 skeins at Micheal's the other day. Can't beat a sale like that. :happydance:

:passedout:

jberry16
08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
this isn't all mine, since for some reason I've added to it, but for no reason (sheesh, isn't that usually the case why we have 'stashes')
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2075/2278317684_f6e5b53379.jpg

mks22300
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
why not, esp if the yarn's made in America then it sure would help our economy, right?! Am I enabling yet?
Hmm, you make a good point, our economy does need some help. :teehee:

auntcrafty
08-02-2008, 03:06 PM
What do you think?

:angelgrin:

auburnchick
08-02-2008, 08:49 PM
What do you think?

:angelgrin:

Me thinks you are going to have to aim for two dishcloths a day!

:rofl:

mks22300
08-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow! That's quite the stash!
Phew, I just spent some time over at Ravelry checking out the dishcloth patterns and marking some I think I'm going to make. :)

CMRab
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I have to remember to take a pic of my stash. Its big but nowhere near auntcrafty's.

Getting close now... :woohoo:

auntcrafty
08-03-2008, 01:46 AM
:shrug:

I was concerned about being able to knit when I got here and knew it was going to be too hot :hot: to mess with wool and similiar fibers, so I stocked up on cotton during the months before I had to pack. The cone ones were given to me by my mother -- she's hoping to get some of the end results.

The warm bulky yarns I did bring with me I sent to Nepal yesterday with our missions team -- along with knitting needles & crochet hooks.

After I took the picture I found 4 Bernat cotton tots & 2 huge skeins of baby pink cotton (I don't remember what brand & I'm at work so I can't look) I bought to make the afghan from the Leisure Arts Our Best Knit Baby Afghans book WandaT showed us she had finished.

Now I have to go buy a tv so I can watch the olympics & knit at the same time. :wink:

LBECK
08-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Wow auntcrafty that is some stash you have... lol here is a pic of mine I just added to it. Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had some on sale. I think it was 1.69 per skein.

auntcrafty
08-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Ooo -- you found a great red! I haven't seen a black ombre before.

auntcrafty
08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Me thinks you are going to have to aim for two dishcloths a day!

You should have seen my MB's face last night when I told her I was doing this & had commited to making at least one for each night of the olympics -- sort of like this -- :shock: . This was after them offering to pay for me to see West Side Story at the Maui Tropical Plantation today -- "No thanks -- I'm going to the beach and knitting on my UFOs." Then had to explain the UFO part. :roflhard:

Pegasus97030
08-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I think I am game. I am fairly new to knitting and have never joined a KAL so I think this would be fun. I love the Olympic pattern that was just created. I will make that for sure. I know of a pattern I used to do many many years ago. I no longer have the pattern and would like to know if anyone might still have it. I don't know the name, but it is created on the diagonal and I think it may have been mentioned early on in this post. Can someone help me out?
I think this will be so fun.....

Thanks in advance!!!!!

auburnchick
08-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Peg! Welcome to the KAL!

I've never been in a knit-a-long before either, so we'll learn together.

Basically, what we're aiming for is a dishcloth a day during the Olympics. Of course, lots of us work and can't quite do that, but as long as you knit up your cotton stash, then you're good.

Just have fun! That's what I plan on doing. :thumbsup:

auburnchick
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I finished my Olympic Rings dishcloth.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2728397639_623df70b66.jpg

And I still have 1/3 of that skein left! It was a Super Size skein! :wall:

Good thing I like the color!

jberry16
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Peg the one youre thinking of there are lots of different versions on ravelry but the only one that knits up more square than diamond shape for me is...
cast on 4
row 1 knit
row 2 knit in front & back of each st. (8 sts now)
row 3 knit
row 5-49 knit 4 YO knit to end (54 sts total)
row 50 & 51 k4 YO k2tog knit to end
row 52-96 k3 k2tog YO k2tog k to end
row 97 k3 k2tog
row 98 knit 8 sts
row99 k2tog 4 times
bind off!

Pegasus97030
08-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Thank you thank you. I found another one that is close to the one I remember, but now I have another pattern to work on (so I don't get bored!!! LOL)

jberry16
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
you're very welcome, what's the one that's like the one you remember?

Pegasus97030
08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
There was one mentioned early on in the thread called Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth. I looked it up in KnittingHelp, but the url was incorrect so I googled it. I found it at www.lakebreeze.org/kntting.htm.

auntcrafty
08-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Great work, Nathalie!

I can't wait to do mine on Friday!

LBECK
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Ooo -- you found a great red! I haven't seen a black ombre before.

The black is a Peaches & Cream brand I found it at wal-mart. They are only $1.27 per skein.

CMRab
08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Here's my pre-plympic stash:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/cottonstash.jpg
It will be interesting to compare the pre to post pictures along with the stack of dishclothes.

Cougar1
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I was looking at your olympic rings pattern and it says to repeat row 5 for all odd rows to "35"...BUT that leaves odd rows between 37 and 51 open...is it suppose to read ROW 53 instead of ROW 35? ~Tricia

jberry16
08-04-2008, 01:39 PM
CMRab thats a ton of cotton!

Tricia I'd asume so, but haven't made it yet.

auburnchick
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I was looking at your olympic rings pattern and it says to repeat row 5 for all odd rows to "35"...BUT that leaves odd rows between 37 and 51 open...is it suppose to read ROW 53 instead of ROW 35? ~Tricia

Yes, repeat row 5 through row 53. That's what I did, and my dishcloth turned out just fine.

Here's my pre-plympic stash:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/cottonstash.jpg
It will be interesting to compare the pre to post pictures along with the stack of dishclothes.

LBECK
08-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I love how the name of this thread is changing as we get closer and closer to the BIG DAY!!! Is everyone getting excited yet?

jberry16
08-05-2008, 09:50 AM
me too, & yes I'm excited too! I have a few FT felted clogs to do before then though...like 4 :oo:

auburnchick
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I love how the name of this thread is changing as we get closer and closer to the BIG DAY!!! Is everyone getting excited yet?

Oh yeah, I'm psyched!

DeAnzaJig
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow! Nathalie, the dishcloth looks great! I'm so psyched the pattern worked out for someone other than me. :lol:

Cougar1 - Nathalie's right...it's should be to 53. I'll be sure to review and make any updates to the pattern.

3 more days!

dreamsherl
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm in!! :knitting:

auntcrafty
08-06-2008, 12:20 AM
The black is a Peaches & Cream brand I found it at wal-mart. They are only $1.27 per skein.

Thank you! I'll have to look later -- I'm putting myself on a cotton yarn diet until I use up most of my stash.

Unless I find something cool & unusual at The Needlework Shop this weekend. :teehee: Uh, oh! I think I'm becoming a yarn addict!

auburnchick
08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm in!! :knitting:

Welcome, Welcome!

Get your stash ready, folks! Hunt for your patterns NOW! I have mine printed, and I put numbers on my yarn labels to correspond with the patterns I'm going to use them with. Yeah, I'm a bit anal, but I don't want to waste a single moment (except the hours I'm spending studying for this dreaded exam on Monday).

I have to say that I RESISTED the sale at Michael's. Yep...I went in to buy grommets, looked at the Peaches 'n Cream, and walked on past. I kept thinking about my pyramid of yarn...waiting for me on the dining room table. :teehee:

suewoz
08-06-2008, 12:34 AM
My cotton stash is not as big as the rest of you but I have enought to make a few. and I live a block from JoAnne's so I'll probably survive this KAK. My DH is looking funny at me as I am digging around the house. Where is that yarn I used when our daughter got married. i know I have some left from her dishcloths. He wants to know why I am not planning to knit on the several projects I already have on needles. I just smile. He says where did you get this dishcloth Olympic idea? I smile again. He is so clueless. But you gotta love him.

auburnchick
08-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Men generally are. Of course, you know that already.

I'm glad you're joining us!

If you need more yarn, Michael's has Peaches 'n Cream for $1.00 per skein.

Not that I would enable you or anything...

Karina
08-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I have to admit my DH laughs at me sometimes when I tell him what I am doing. usually his comment is You are doing what, WHY?? But he is a member of an AVForum which he can spend hours on, That holds no interest for me. Although the benefit is that he is building me a new computer because since I have joined this forum we sort of have to agree on a timeshare on the laptop. I get about 90% of the time. LOL

have just washed 4 skeins of 100g cotton with 160 meters on each, and will be mixing dyes in a minute and let the kids play. lets see how that works out.

suewoz
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Right. I don't need enabling. I am very capable of that myself. I just went to the LYS the other day for a cable needle. What I was using was making me crazy. That was ALL I was going to buy. so I walk out with two types of CNs, a afghan pattern, and 11 skeins of yarn. So I am doing quite well with enabling myself.

Karina
08-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Here are photos of the kids dyeing job on the 4 skeins of 100g cotton. we had red yellow and blue. my son tried in vain to get purple but it turned out brown. I think because the red and the blue was different type of dye so they did not blend together as well. I still love the outcome though. his is the brown/green. my daughter did the orance/red/yellow which is really bright. the other two colours was a joint effort between them. They had fun and I have another 13 skeins of this cotton so they can have another go.

Karina
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
this one did not make it into the last post for some reason

jberry16
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Karina how much fun! What dyes did you use? How'd you dye them? I love 'em!!!

auburnchick
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Lovely yarn! Tell your kids that they did a FANTASTIC job!!!

CMRab
08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Love the red/blue and yellow. The kids did a great job. Can't wait to see then knit up.

Karina
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Julie we used Dylon. the red and yellow is hand dye and the blue is cold dye. Which is probably why the blue and red did not mix to make purple. The Dylon is the colour dye that you find in most shops in the UK. I have found an online supplier of dyes here in the UK. so will order some Red, Blue, and Yellow from them.

I asked Kamilia and Kameron if they wanted other colours, but they really enjoyed mixing it up and then be surprised by the result. I will also get some dye for wool as I have 4 Trekking sock blanks. I thought they could dye their own sock yarn then I will knit them up for them.

Karina
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Forgot to say They dye instructions told me to dissolve the dye in 2 pints of water then in a bucket dissolve salt and then add the dye solution you will end up with 3 or 4 liters of dye I think. then you are supposed to leave your cotton in it for an hour.

well I did none of that. I put a pint of hottest tap water in a bowl dissolved the dye and then added the salt. kept stirring until most of the salt was gone. was a bit to impatient to wait to get started. covered a covered a 13inch by 8 inch roasting pan with cling film and hanging over the ends by double the length of the pan. laid in the yarn and then the kids went to work puring the dye on with a spoon. when the cotton was completely saturated, I wrapped it up in the cling film leaving it laying flat put it on a plate and nuked it in the micro wave for 5 minutes. then rinsed it till it ran clear (well close enough) then tumble dried it.

it seem to have worked.

LBECK
08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
That seems like a lot of work but for a very beautiful result.

Karina
08-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Actually it was quite easy. I probably just explained it a bit long winded.

LBECK
08-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Actually it was quite easy. I probably just explained it a bit long winded.

jberry16
08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
sounds like dying with kool-aid drink mix, though you just disolve the kool-aid in water...it supposidly doesn't work with cotton, but it's great with wool! & super cheap.

mks22300
08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Looks like the kids had lots of fun!

Karina
08-07-2008, 03:26 AM
Kool aid is hard to come by here in the UK. 1 for a little sachet plus postage and then from what I have read you have to use more than one pack for it to work well.

I did once started to place an order and by the time I had a few little packs in the cart it ended up being around 20, so I dropped that Idea.

dreamsherl
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Can you help me? I'm looking for a pattern with just a letter on it (W and A).

Karina
08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
You could easily make your own pattern up. google graph paper or something like that and you get to site where you can print off you graph paper in the size you like. then chart out the letters until you are happy. I have done that when I made a washcloth for a teacher for her 60th birthday. graphed out 60 knitted it up in about two hours all together.

jberry16
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Can you help me? I'm looking for a pattern with just a letter on it (W and A).
Here's an A (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/a_cloth.html)
Here's a W (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/W_cloth.html)

And for all the rest of the alphabet or numbers...click here (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/ALPHA_TABLE.htm).

Pegasus97030
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks so much for that link. Not only will I be working on the Olympic Dishcloth KAL....I now have ideas pouring out of my head for X-mas gifts! :happydance: I really think I can make this work. Thanks again!!!

dreamsherl
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
You could easily make your own pattern up. google graph paper or something like that and you get to site where you can print off you graph paper in the size you like. then chart out the letters until you are happy. I have done that when I made a washcloth for a teacher for her 60th birthday. graphed out 60 knitted it up in about two hours all together.
Thanks. I know that I could but I'm being a bit lazy.:aww:

dreamsherl
08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Here's an A (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/a_cloth.html)
Here's a W (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/W_cloth.html)

And for all the rest of the alphabet or numbers...click here (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/ALPHA_TABLE.htm).
Thanks. You helped one lazy Grandma. :teehee:

jberry16
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
No problem, here's (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/index2.html) a site that has states, holidays, animals, ABCs & 123s...lots of ideas. Just scroll down about 1/2 way.

Becka's blog has some cute ones too. Born to Knit (http://whimsicalknittingdesigns.blogspot.com/2006/10/born-to-knit-washcloth-pattern.html), just scroll down about half way and all her free patterns are listed on the right hand side.

Karina
08-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Here is my first Olympic wash cloth. We are still watching the Olympic ceremony here just over half of the countries have entered the stadium. :cheering:

jberry16
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
yippie! I've made my first too! Though it's just a diagonal knit one as I couldn't concentrate on anything. & of course I made is a bit smaller than the pattern called for 4 increase rows smaller & then that would have been 4 dec rows smaller too, right, anyway I increased until there were 50 sts otn & then decreased, doggonit I ended up needing to add a bit of yarn on the bottom right corner, see the solid blue that doesn't match 100% yup that's why. O well, the ombre is used up! & it took 2 hours to knit with a few kid/husband interruptions-not bad.

wesler52
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
this sounds like fun! I'm in

jberry16
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
:woot: another kal member! Welcome Wesler!
& Welcome to KH too! Lots of friendly people here, ask away if you have any questions!

Karina
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi Wesler welcome to KH and this KAL.

How are everybody doing with their dish/wash cloth? I am trying to decide which one to do tomorrow can't quite make up my mind.

Although now that I have seen the Alphabet already done, I have been toying with the idea of doing a letter a day. that means by the time the Olympics are done then I would be more than halfway done and could crochet them together into a blanket for Maisey.

auburnchick
08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Here is my first Olympic wash cloth. We are still watching the Olympic ceremony here just over half of the countries have entered the stadium. :cheering:

I guess I'll be watching a taped version?? :?? Time differences stink.

yippie! I've made my first too! Though it's just a diagonal knit one as I couldn't concentrate on anything. & of course I made is a bit smaller than the pattern called for 4 increase rows smaller & then that would have been 4 dec rows smaller too, right, anyway I increased until there were 50 sts otn & then decreased, doggonit I ended up needing to add a bit of yarn on the bottom right corner, see the solid blue that doesn't match 100% yup that's why. O well, the ombre is used up! & it took 2 hours to knit with a few kid/husband interruptions-not bad.

Looks very nice! :thumbsup:

this sounds like fun! I'm in

Welcome to the forum! :waving:

Please jump right in!!!

How are everybody doing with their dish/wash cloth? I am trying to decide which one to do tomorrow can't quite make up my mind.

Although now that I have seen the Alphabet already done, I have been toying with the idea of doing a letter a day. that means by the time the Olympics are done then I would be more than halfway done and could crochet them together into a blanket for Maisey.

That's a GREAT idea!!!!

jberry16
08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Karina I love your idea!

auntcrafty
08-09-2008, 06:07 AM

I got 3/4 of the way finished on mine -- "A" for a nanny friend who just had a baby. I'm too tired to do any more today. I spent 5 hours unpacking, put together my futon, cooked for the week, did 3 loads of my laundry and just got back from work (where I did the knitting after Bug & Ladybug were asleep).

I like the blanket idea -- great gift idea for Christmas!

Karina
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
OMG - guess we will let you off. Hope you have an easier day today. have done 1/3 on my no two so far.

jberry16
08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I just finished my second dishcloth yesterday before heading to my Grandmas house to have a family dinner, her sis is in town (for last night) & headed back to Tulsa today but... my second was a mitered corner looking one out if really pretty bright colors, the yarn is red, orange, yellow, pink, purple, blue, turquoise, etc. anyway I took them to Grandmas last night to show Mom & Grandma before Gmas sis JoAnn got there & I pulled the multi color one out of my bag & Grandma said, "That's beautiful, is that for me?" (slightly hesitant I replied) "Sure if you like it" so that was gone. Then Mom had the look on her face like, hey I want one too, so when I pulled the blue one out of the bag I just told her that I'd made that one for her & she loved it & got that look on her face (like only Mom's can do) that was so pleased & thankful. So I'm working on using up some bits & pieces on this current one. Just doing another diagonal as I can do them and visit with people.

I did snatch a pic of it on Gmas counter with my cell phone & once my battery on that phone is charged I'll post it on here.

DeAnzaJig
08-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm watching women's Handball right now...France vs Angola. I :heart: the obscure sports and the fact that you can now find Olympic coverage 24/7.

Here's a pic of the AOII dishcloth I designed for LBeck. I hope she likes it. :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/2746010391_78a58c61c4.jpg

Everyone is doing such a great job and it's really cool to see my Olympics Rings dish clothes all over the place! :cheering:

Pegasus97030
08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
This is fun. I now know why I am not a professional knitter. I am self taught and don't get to spend as much time on knitting as I would like (I actually started this dishcloth a couple days ago). But I am game for trying new things and I don't feel that I am doing too bad. I am going to attempt to post the picture of my first dishcloth. I attempted the 2008 Olympic Rings Dishcloth. I learned a few things.....don't use verigated yarn (you lose the definition of the pattern) and don't have DH help with the instructions...LOL I used the verigated cone I have had for YEARS!!!!
So I better get back on topic....here goes. I won't be giving this dishcloth away to anyone (in fact I need to go do the dishes and clean the kitchen so it is going to be used right now!)
On another note:I used to crochet, and I just learned that you use less yarn by knitting than you do when you crochet. I could be wrong but I was using left over bits of yarn and creating squares to tie into a blanket at a later date. I took one of those squares and created almost 2 complete fingerless mittens!
Also, I went to Michaels on my way home from work yesterday to see about some new yarn. I was a tad dissapointed to learn that the Sugar and Cream sale is over, but I did snatch up 6 balls of a discontinued color and wandered over to the clearance racks and found more yarn there. I bought 13 skeins/balls of misc. yarn for $15. I am very pleased!

mks22300
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm working on my Olympic 2008 cloth, didn't get as far as I wanted to last night, but I think that I should probably finish it tonight. I'm babysitting tonight and the girls I watch both like to watch me knit (I've taught them both, the younger one is more interested than the older one).

Karina
08-09-2008, 12:23 PM
here is my second one. used my sons hand dyed cotton to make this face cloth for him. This is skully, found the pattern on Ravelry.

http://www.blackrayne.com/pages/skully.html here is a link to the pattern in case anybody wants it.

Peg I like your cloth. The variegated yarns does distract from the pattern a bit. but it is just fun little projects, although my cloths are wash cloth, could not do all that work just to wash dirty dishes.

auburnchick
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I finished this last night while watching the Opening Ceremonies. It's the Bee Stitch, and it's HUGE! I followed the pattern, but I guess my knitting was really loose.

I used Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is American Stripes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2747245346_3eb5653af5.jpg

suewoz
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Just finished my first dishcloth. Got too tired last night at about three quarters done. Have to figure out how to post photo so I will do that later. I did a varigated one with what is called a bee stitch. I have to get some plain yarn to try the Olympic cloth. Later.

Karina
08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Auburn - though you were studying. I really like your cloth, the cloth knits up like that from the skein?

DeAnzaJig - I really enjoyed doing your Olympic cloth, Are all yours going to be designed by yourself or are you planning to borrow some patterns.

auburnchick
08-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, I am in the midst of studying, but I have to take breaks or my mind is going to turn to mush.

The yarn is self-striping, so it did knit up like that. I'm pleased with the result.

princessbonniejane
08-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm a slow knitter so I only have 1/4 of my dishcloth finished. I hope I get at least 8 or 10 dishcloths done by the end of the olympics. I'm glad everyone is having fun!

auntcrafty
08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
OMG - guess we will let you off. Hope you have an easier day today. have done 1/3 on my no two so far.

Yes, today is easier. I did so much yesterday so I could "play" today. I'm on my way to Lahaina to explore the 2 "LYS" and Barnes & Noble. Hoping for a particular knitting book, but have three books on my fiction list I'm going to look for.

Sunday I plan on finally knitting at the beach. :woot:

DeAnzaJig
08-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Karina - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern! It's so crazy seeing pictures posted of it. :)

I hadn't planned on designing all the patterns. It just sort of evolved into this when I couldn't find any Olympic patterns and LBeck had requested I do a few designs for her. My only goal in this KAL challenge was to use up all my cotton yarn that's been sitting around for the last year. It's definitely fun though!

Nathalie - I love your American flag striped dishcloth! So in the spirit of things!

Swimming tonight at 8 pm!!

suewoz
08-09-2008, 07:52 PM
My Bee stitche cloth came out rather large also. It was 101/2 in sq. I knit a guage swatch and it was perfect so I don't know what the deal is. Oh well, it is a dishcloth so what does it matter.

LBECK
08-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I absolutely love the pattern DeAnzaJig. I can't thank you enough. I can't wait to get started on it. My DD will love it and I will probably have to make several for her friends for gifts from her. I am so excited about the others now also.

I am behind in the KAL...:cry: I had to help DD move from her Dorm yesterday and before I got home @5:00pm DS called and wanted me to baby sit the DGS for the night. When I got there my 2 neices from next door decided they too wanted to spend the night since DD came home with me so I said yes and we had a house full of kids. Which, I don't mind at all. I love them all dearly, but didn't get any knitting done and missed opening ceremonies all together.... However, 9 year old neice is learning to crochet and we watched some women's basketball this morning and volleyball and soccer and equestrian stuff and I knitted a little when I could between feeding the baby and all. I am now on the pc and should be knitting up a storm to catch up but wanted to know how everyone else is doing also.

Sorry that was so long.

auburnchick
08-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Awww...Lisa...you shouldn't worry too much about it. You were doing something so much more worthwhile...spending time with children. :hug:

LBECK
08-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Awww...Lisa...you shouldn't worry too much about it. You were doing something so much more worthwhile...spending time with children. :hug:

I know and I do adore them all. I just was so excited about starting this KAL. (mainly because it is my first one)

auburnchick
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Boy, it's a good thing we're making dishcloths and not something more complicated. The gymnastics is nerve wracking! I don't think I could knit something that was too intricate! :knitting:

jberry16
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Love the AOII cloth (what's that stand for again?)
Love the red-white & blue cloth, wonder how that would work in the 'Grandma's fav.' cloth?
The mitered corner cloth I did was one I found on Ravelry as a free pattern,
"co3
k1, yo, k1, yo, k1
knit
k2 yo, k1, yo, k2
knit
continue knitting until the middle st & put a yo before & after
then when you have about 63 sts otn bind off, or if you only have a yard to 1 1/2 yards left of yarn."

It works out really pretty!

jberry16
08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Here's the link to the reversed miter dishcloth (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/reverse-miter-dishcloth)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-10-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm not participating, but what a GREAT idea! Love the FOs, too, you all rock!

DeAnzaJig
08-10-2008, 09:35 AM
jberry16 - AOII stands for Alpha Omicron Pi. It's LBeck's daughter's sorority's Greek letters. Thanks for the compliment!

I finished another dishcloth request from LBeck. It's the Arkansas Razorback's mascot.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3235/2748941175_82c66c81ef.jpg

It was awesome watching Phelps last night! Right now I'm watching USA men's soccer vs the Netherlands and in a half hour USA men's basketball vs China is coming on!

Nathalie - I love watching the gymnastics! The men have such amazing upper body strength. How they remember those complex routines is beyond me. :lol:

Unfortunately, my excessive Olympics watching and dischcloth knitting can only be done on the weekends.

CMRab
08-10-2008, 11:44 AM
DeAnzaJig - Wow, love the hogs. You are on a roll.

I've got 5 more rows to do then I'll be finished my 2nd cloth. Once the baby goes down for her nap, I'll finish it and post some pictures.

auburnchick
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
DeAnzaJig (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=10189), great job! I hear ya about watching the Olympics on the weekends. Grrr. Wish we could get paid for staying home and watching the games...supporting the US, you know. :teehee:

I finished another dishcloth last night...during study breaks.

This one is called Elfin Lace. I used Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is Ecru.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2749440113_d0ced33fa3.jpg

CMRab
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Here's days 1 and 2.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/Knitting020.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/Knitting021.jpg

Pegasus97030
08-10-2008, 02:04 PM
DeAnzaJig (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=10189), great job! I hear ya about watching the Olympics on the weekends. Grrr. Wish we could get paid for staying home and watching the games...supporting the US, you know. :teehee:

I finished another dishcloth last night...during study breaks.

This one is called Elfin Lace. I used Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is Ecru.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2749440113_d0ced33fa3.jpg
I love the pattern. Awesome job! Where can I find the pattern?

Karina
08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
That is so pretty Auburn, I would like that pattern as well if it is free.

http://kelleysyarns.blogspot.com/2007/05/elvish-leaves-dishcloth.html
this is the one I am working on at the moment.

CMRab you have done well, having to contend with babies. I am quite lucky my kids are 13, 7 and 2 so if I am middle row my oldest usually steps in and gets the little one out of trouble. and sometimes they just occupy themselves and we all go in the garden and they play while I knit. very nice.

auburnchick
08-10-2008, 02:31 PM
CM, lovely job!

Here's the pamphlet that contains the patterns I'm using for a few dishcloths. I've seen this at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I think you can find it any place that has patterns.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3065/2750671842_038c3590f2.jpg

auburnchick
08-10-2008, 02:32 PM

That's a nice pattern!! :inlove:

jberry16
08-10-2008, 02:32 PM
how funny I just looked at that book about an hour ago!

knittingpatterncentral.com has lots of free dish/washcloth patterns

CMRab
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM

CMRab you have done well, having to contend with babies. I am quite lucky my kids are 13, 7 and 2 so if I am middle row my oldest usually steps in and gets the little one out of trouble. and sometimes they just occupy themselves and we all go in the garden and they play while I knit. very nice.

Love the elvish leaves, but looks like something that I can't easily put down and pick up again. It's not to bad with just the little one she still naps a lot as she's only 2.5 months. The other one, 2 years I don't always get much done, depends on her mood. I'm good today as DH has taken her to visit her Sitdi (grandmother).

mks22300
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Finished my first cloth a few hours ago and I'm working on my second. The first one was the Olympic Rings cloth and the second one I'm working on is one that I found on Ravelry from Smariek's site: Travelling Vines (http://smariek.blogspot.com/2006/11/travelling-vine-cloth.html) . So far, it's working out very pretty, I can't wait to see it when it's all done. The diving is on now, I just got done listening to John Williams Summon the Heroes from the Salt Lake games. :teehee:

auburnchick
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Finished my first cloth a few hours ago and I'm working on my second. The first one was the Olympic Rings cloth and the second one I'm working on is one that I found on Ravelry from Smariek's site: Travelling Vines (http://smariek.blogspot.com/2006/11/travelling-vine-cloth.html) . So far, it's working out very pretty, I can't wait to see it when it's all done. The diving is on now, I just got done listening to John Williams Summon the Heroes from the Salt Lake games. :teehee:

I printed several patterns from this site (maybe even the one you're working on...can't remember).

I'm working on a Zigzag Eyelet cloth right now. Don't know if I'll finish it tonight since I have more studying...but I do need breaks. :wink:

LBECK
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, I have finished 3 cloths today.:woohoo: I am all caught up :woot: and may start another tonight. I will post the pics tomorrow morning early as my pc is very slow to load (dial up).

DeAnzaJig I am in awe of your talents. Thank you soooo much. I love the Razorback. My peeps will also love it. I am trying to check email right now to get the pattern for the AOII cloth. I had to leave before I got it yesterday.

Everyone's dishcloths are awesome I did the Olympic Ring DC and a Fish called Bubbles, and a Dragonfly and his dinner that I found online. They turned out really great.

DH and I have watched the Olympics all day. I really didn't think he would be that interested in watching. Yeah! :yay:

auburnchick
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, I have finished 3 cloths today.

jberry16
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I've done a total of 3 too! (not today though) I made the second potholder today to the first one I made a month or so ago - crochet.
I hope to get more done tonight or tomorrow though my DS starts pre-k on the 18th & his teacher is comming for a home visit Tues afternoon so I have to clean the house, darn. Wish I could just knit. jk my house isn't that bad, I'll sweep/mop & vacuum & give the bathrooms a quick wipe down & use some pledge in the living room. I don't see why she'd want to see the entire house? anyone experience something else?

Pegasus97030
08-11-2008, 02:05 AM
I am a little behind you all. I just finished my second dishcloth. I am a slow knitter so I really didn't expect to keep up to you veterans, but I am continuing and that to me is important. I wanted to take a picture to show my latest creation, but the dang camera has a dead battery. So as soon as I can get a new one I will post a pic. I am really having fun doing this and so glad that I happened on to this forum. I am learning lots from this site and the others that people have pointed out. Thanks everyone for all you do, you are my inspirations!

auntcrafty
08-11-2008, 02:42 AM
That's way your dc looked so familiar, Nathalie! I have that book and planned to make some from it, too.

Great work everyone!

I'm so far behind! Hopefully will do better the next few days.

LBECK
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Okay so here are my first 3 cloths. The Fish is a baby scrubbie for my grandson.

CMRab
08-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Peg - I'm not quite 1/2 done my third and am also a slow knitter so you are not the only one.

LBeck - Were did you find the fish pattern, my girls would love it. I even have that same yarn. And three in one day you are flying.

kellee0302
08-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I have 5 done so far. will try to post pics soon. Not depleting my stash of cotton as much as I would like it to, yet.

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
lbeck, lovely work!!!

LBECK
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
LBeck - Were did you find the fish pattern, my girls would love it. I even have that same yarn. And three in one day you are flying.

Isn't it cute. Here is the website http://knitalittlemore.blogspot.com/2008/03/introducing-bubbles_11.html
I made my really small for my grandson.

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 05:18 PM
This is the dishcloth I finished last night. The pattern is from the same booklet as before (I'm working my way through...picked out my favorite patterns)...

The pattern is called Zigzag Eyelet, and I used Sugar 'n Cream. The color is called Tea Rose. I have to say that this has been my favorite Sugar 'n Cream thus far. It was really soft. The pattern was easy and fun too.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2754014667_0dfd2ea45c.jpg

I added to my stash today. I had read over on another thread about Hobby Lobby carrying a cotton I Love This Yarn, so I had to check it out. It's marvelously soft! The color I bought for myself is Buttercup. The red is for a friend at work, whom I called from the store. :rofl:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/2754014987_07694eb575.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2754015287_b10d7dc779.jpg

LBECK
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I love that cotton too. I especially like the colors that you picked. I saw that when I was at Hobby Lobby last weekend but skipped right over it without even feeling of it. I really want to make something with baby chanille (or however you spell it). It is sooo soft.

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I love that cotton too. I especially like the colors that you picked. I saw that when I was at Hobby Lobby last weekend but skipped right over it without even feeling of it. I really want to make something with baby chanille (or however you spell it). It is sooo soft.

Next time you're there, give it a touch. I Love This Yarn is my favorite acrylic, so I figured that the cotton wouldn't be bad. It's amazingly soft. Yummy stuff, I tell ya. We'll see how it knits up.

jberry16
08-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Do you remember the price/yardage on the I love this cotton? Like I need more cotton, :rofl: but just being curious

jberry16
08-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey y'all I just found this (http://yarngear.blogspot.com/2006/08/dyeing-and-hand-painting-cotton-yarn.html)site on dying cotton with tye-dye kits from Michaels or Hobby Lobby, thought y'all might be interested.

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Do you remember the price/yardage on the I love this cotton? Like I need more cotton, :rofl: but just being curious

I Love This Cotton cost me $2.99 and is 180 yards.

mks22300
08-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I finished my Travelling Vines cloth last night and I just love how it came out, will try and get pics of the two I've done so far. Row 9 in the pattern gave me fits every time I cam to it (not such a good row to do while watching our relay swim team! :teehee: ) and purling two together through the backloops is a pain in the behind!
This (http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/lacymockcable.html) is the next one I'm going to make. Another pattern that I found through Ravelry. :)

dreamsherl
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi everyone. I have two dishcloths completed. I plan do make another tonight (I made a knitted cuff between). :knitting: I have to make myself stop knitting so that I won't get behind on my course work. :teehee: I hope that I'll have time to post some pics tomorrow.

sgtpam
08-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Okay so here are my first 3 cloths. The Fish is a baby scrubbie for my grandson.

Lisa, am I lucky enough that the cross pattern is a free one? With all of the free patterns availabe out there...I can't bring myself to buy a book! Especially when I have so many I want to try!

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I finished my Travelling Vines cloth last night and I just love how it came out, will try and get pics of the two I've done so far. Row 9 in the pattern gave me fits every time I cam to it (not such a good row to do while watching our relay swim team! :teehee: ) and purling two together through the backloops is a pain in the behind!
This (http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/lacymockcable.html) is the next one I'm going to make. Another pattern that I found through Ravelry. :)

Ohhhh laaaaa la. I like that! :inlove:

Hi everyone. I have two dishcloths completed. I plan do make another tonight (I made a knitted cuff between). :knitting: I have to make myself stop knitting so that I won't get behind on my course work. :teehee: I hope that I'll have time to post some pics tomorrow.

Oh, goodness...I feel your pain. :hug:

Lisa, am I lucky enough that the cross pattern is a free one? With all of the free patterns availabe out there...I can't bring myself to buy a book! Especially when I have so many I want to try!

Another option for dishcloths is picking a stitch pattern and adapting it for a dishcloth. That's a great way to try a new stitch.

auburnchick
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
BTW, thought I would let you all know that I passed my exam this morning! Boy, was it hard!

:woot:

Then, on the 2 1/2 hour drive home, I got my first speeding ticket. :doh: I deserved it, but what a bad way to end the good day. :waah:

Pegasus97030
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Way to GO:cheering: :yay: I am so happy for you. I was thinking of you today and wondering how it went.
Oh my....I just read the first part and didn't get to the other part.....but things like that happen, just to keep us grounded!!!

jberry16
08-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Glad your exam is done! now it's time to :knitting:
oops on the speeding ticket. Maybe that calls for some new yarn comfort? O wait you got some yesterday, but you could get some more.

Karina
08-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Auburn - well done on passing the exam. What happened, in to much of a rush to get back to the Olympic dish cloth challenge. Glad your are OK though.

I had no power for about 5 hours last night so no knitting done. I have completed I think 3 wash cloths and 2 squares for the alphabet blanket so far. will post photos when I have a minute. determined to do a bit of house work today. has been neglegted a bit since I started these cloths.

LBECK
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Housework? What is that? I haven't taken 2 seconds to do a thing in my house since Thursday. lol My DH has been doing everything. He will get tired of that pretty soon. lol I am getting so addicted to this knitting that it is all I think about even at work I am thinking about projects I want to do. :roflhard:

kellee0302
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Here are a few of the dish clothes I have made so far

CMRab
08-12-2008, 09:30 AM
:cheering: Good Job Auburn!!! just consider the speeding ticket an :oops:

The dishcloths are looking great. I've just finished my third, another granny's fav with the over the rainbow cotton.

jberry16
08-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Here's the 3 I made in the last 3 days, the top is the one Grandma claimed, the middle is mine (the pink n blue one, in use at the sink now) & the bottom one I made last night for Dh. I've made 4 total now with a pair of crochet hotpads in between.

sorry the pics aren't the greatest, they're taken on the phone camera

Attached Thumbnails:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49524&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1218549148 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49524&d=1218549148) http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49525&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1218549148 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49525&d=1218549148) http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49526&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1218549148 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49526&d=1218549148)

dustinac
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I started making these in WV and came home on Sunday...just now getting the photos up :teehee:

The first one I started Friday night at my grandma's house and she kept it :rofl: ...Here are the other 3 I've finished...and I have the olympic one started...and another one started in the purple colorway :thumbsup:

jberry16
08-12-2008, 03:10 PM
yea for pics!!!

Doggirl3
08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks for posting the pattern now I am going off to knit it

jberry16
08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
welcome Pam! please be sure to post a pic when you're done, click the post reply, or the go advanced button and then scroll down after you type your msg and you'll see a button for manage attachments, pretty easy. or you can use flickr.com

auburnchick
08-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Glad your exam is done! now it's time to :knitting:
oops on the speeding ticket. Maybe that calls for some new yarn comfort? O wait you got some yesterday, but you could get some more.

Auburn - well done on passing the exam. What happened, in to much of a rush to get back to the Olympic dish cloth challenge.

Housework? What is that? I haven't taken 2 seconds to do a thing in my house since Thursday. lol My DH has been doing everything. He will get tired of that pretty soon. lol I am getting so addicted to this knitting that it is all I think about even at work I am thinking about projects I want to do. :roflhard:

Um, yeah, I hear ya!! :chair:

Here are a few of the dish clothes I have made so far

:inlove:

Here's the 3 I made in the last 3 days, the top is the one Grandma claimed, the middle is mine (the pink n blue one, in use at the sink now) & the bottom one I made last night for Dh.

:inlove:

I like that green one a lot! Very cool, indeed!

I started making these in WV and came home on Sunday...just now getting the photos up :teehee:

The first one I started Friday night at my grandma's house and she kept it :rofl: ...Here are the other 3 I've finished...and I have the olympic one started...and another one started in the purple colorway :thumbsup:

Nice job!!! :inlove:

I started another cloth last night, but I only got halfway done. The pattern is taking a wee bit more time...it has left twists and k2tog's all over the place! Plus, I've been spending a lot of time after work getting my school district application ready.

mks22300
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Congrats on your exam Nathalie and sorry about your speeding ticket!

Doggirl3
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I hope you guys don't mind this? But, I place knitting help forum in my Knitting-n-Crocheting chatroom with a little Olympic Kav beside it just incase people are hunting this pattern if you not right I will take it out.

LBECK
08-13-2008, 07:49 AM
It took me two days to get the AOII dishcloth done just because I had to visit my DGS on Monday night after work so I started it a bit late like 8:30 I think. Watched a bit of Swimming and went to bed. Then finished last night. So now I am 1 behind again. I will catch up on the weekend maybe.

I didn't post the pic I took because you can't see the AOII at all as it is bright red with a black trim. The Sorority colors. But it turned out beautifully. Thanks again DeAnzajig.

jberry16
08-13-2008, 10:32 AM
I hope you guys don't mind this? But, I place knitting help forum in my Knitting-n-Crocheting chatroom with a little Olympic Kav beside it just incase people are hunting this pattern if you not right I will take it out.
I think that's a great idea, but I'm not the designer, as far as I know once a pattern is posted on line for free anyone can use it or link to it etc. as long as no one's making money off someone elses pattern I think it's cool.

I went to knit night last night at the close LYS (4 mi. from my house) & took the water bottle cozys I'm workin on for Mom & sis, so I'm now 1 behind too.

dustinac
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
:happydance: I finished the other purple color one last night so 5 completed...

Congrats on the exams!! You were just so excited from the exams that you didn't pay attention to the speed...:hug:

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I finished this late, late last night.

The pattern is called Climbing Lattice, in the same booklet as the other. The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is Lime Stripes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2761331646_716c7d5257.jpg

jberry16
08-13-2008, 08:33 PM
:inlove: lime stripes, I may just have to get that book afterall

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
:inlove: lime stripes, I may just have to get that book afterall

It is a good little booklet. Some of the patterns start running together a bit, but they are nice.

Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
It is a good little booklet. Some of the patterns start running together a bit, but they are nice.

Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

You know...after all of this is done, I'm not going to want to knit these cloths again. I would be willing to send you this book of patterns afterwards, if you want. Just PM me your address, and it will be your's.

LBECK
08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Your climbing lattice is really pretty. I have so enjoyed this. Everyone is making such pretty dishcloths.

I am working on a black and white Ombre one with a J on it I hope it will turn out okay. I know that using a multicolored yarn might not let the J show up as much as a solid, but I needed it to be this color to go with my DD's new kitchen. She and her roomates are getting 3 of my dishcloths (one each).

CMRab
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
4,5,6 and 7 are all done. Got a lot of knitting done yesterday.

Giddy-up (love this pattern, so easy to knit up)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/knitting/Painting013.jpg

Bubbles - couldn't help myself had to do two. I went up to 28 stitches on the longest diagonal row but did find the tail a little small on the first one so added two more rows.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/knitting/Painting012.jpg

Olympic (Great job DeAnzeJig!!)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/CMRab/knitting/Painting011.jpg

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow, CM!!! You're a knitting fiend! I finished up another dishcloth last night...errrrr...early, early, early this morning. :wink: I will post a picture after work.

jberry16
08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I love the fish! gotta find that pattern.
I'm working on another Gma's fav. & did the first half the green (that was mixed with the blue on DH's cloth) & am now doing the 'natural' bone/khaki color. I'll post pics later, when it's done. Dh is off today & he's takin the 2 older kiddos to mow his Mom's yard & then they'll be back, maybe I can get some knitting done when I put the baby (9mo) down for a nap?
Nathalie I pmd you

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I got it and replied. :thumbsup:

CMRab
08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Julie the link to the fish pattern is on page 17 LBeck's post.

The fish take no time at all to do. Did the olympic cloth while watching the all-round men's gymnastics. Canada had two young guys that did a fantastic job. Now I just have to decide what to do next.

LBECK
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
CM love the horse. Did you get the pattern online? I loved doing the fish they knit up so quick and I am going to make several when I get the chance. I just have lots of dishcloths lined up already in front of it.

CMRab
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
You can actually link to it from the bubbles pattern.

giddy-up (http://frogiezplace.blogspot.com/2007/12/giddy-up.html)

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
This is a picture of the cloth I finished last night. The pattern is called Slanted Squares. The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream, and the colorway is Potpourri Ombre.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3259/2763124371_935747119f.jpg

mks22300
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Everyone's cloths are turning out so nice, I really like the fish ones!
Here are the three that I have made so far.
The first one is the Olympic Rings, made with sugar 'n cream, but I can't find the label and I forgot what it's called :teehee:
The second one is Travelling Vines, also sugar 'n cream, Country Side Ombre.
And the third is Lacy Mock Cables, sugar 'n cream, Pretty Pastels.

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Very nice! So colorful!

It's fun watching my cotton stash go down!

DeAnzaJig
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
LBeck - I LOVE your fishie! It's so cute!!!

DeAnzaJig
08-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I have been traveling for work this week, so limited time to watch the Olympics, let alone knit. But I'm back home and plan to start doing both this weekend. I can't believe how many pages were added to this thread. :lol:

Everyone is doing such an awesome job on their dishclothes!! :cheering:

I :heart: seeing all the cool patterns and colors.

DeAnzaJig
08-14-2008, 09:58 PM

I'm the one who created the pattern and I don't mind if you put the link up. Of course, if you're going to charge people money for it, then that's not cool. It's up for everyone to use and enjoy. :lol:

dreamsherl
08-14-2008, 11:05 PM
CMRab,
I love the color green and frogs. I'm making the tree frog wash cloth. Yeah!

CMRab
08-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Can't wait to see the tree frog.

jberry16
08-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Everyones cloths look fantastic! I'll try to post my green/natural color one tomorrow-too tired to do much of anything tonight & baby has her 9 mo check up tomorrow at 9 so I gotta get up earlier than normal to get all 3 fed and dressed to leave by 830-ick.

OT check my blog link (in sig) for some super pics today of what heppened at my house.

LBECK
08-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Everyones cloths look fantastic! I'll try to post my green/natural color one tomorrow-too tired to do much of anything tonight & baby has her 9 mo check up tomorrow at 9 so I gotta get up earlier than normal to get all 3 fed and dressed to leave by 830-ick.

OT check my blog link (in sig) for some super pics today of what heppened at my house.

I checked out your blog and the baby is soo cute. You have beautiful children.

LBECK
08-15-2008, 07:44 AM
All of the cloths are so beautiful.:yay: I love this KAL. I love seeing what everyone else is doing and the colors you all choose.:thumbsup:

suewoz
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Finished anothe cloth last night. That is only two for me. My knitting time has been dismal this week due to work, funeral etc. Then last night went to the LYS for group knitting and did not feel like I shoudl be knitting with my S & C so worked on a scarf with cables. Well I started another one last night since I could not go to be until women's gymnastics was over. so exciting. I still need to photograph my completed ones.

I love seeing what everyone else is doing. I am so so behind but I guess we are really not Olympians.

CMRab
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Sue we are going for personal bests, not gold metals. You have two done which is more that what you had at the beginning.

jberry16
08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I only have 5 done, I think.

suewoz
08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks. I needed that. YOu are right. The ones I have done are really nice and I am learning some new stitch patterns just doing them. So I am challenging myself.

jberry16
08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Sue I think that's why I like socks so much, they're like a big wearable swatch, you can do most any stitch pattern on-just like dishcloths. Enjoy the ones you do & know that you have 2 you didn't have before. Of the 5 I've made I got to keep 1 sofar. Go figure. Besides it's a KAL you're just supposed to enjoy yourself.

auburnchick
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Sue we are going for personal bests, not gold metals. You have two done which is more that what you had at the beginning.

I totally agree! This is not a competition. It's a challenge to get some of that cotton yarn knit up (so we can buy more yarn!!!). :teehee:

I finished my sixth dishcloth early this morning. I'll post pictures a bit later.

auburnchick
08-15-2008, 06:26 PM
This is the dishcloth I finished earlier. The pattern is called Shapely Diamond, from the same booklet I've made the other cloths from. The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is Ecru.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2765805475_c3066896ae.jpg

DeAnzaJig
08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
The only thing I'm competing against is my cotton yarn stash and it will be soundly defeated!! :lol:

My brother saw the work I did on my other dishcloths and requested one with a Jets (the football team!) theme, so I'll be casting it on this evening.

For a moment, I was foolishly considering knitting up a bunch of dishcloths for my co-workers for Christmas, but have thankfully come to my senses. Not only would that require more cotton yarn, it would also mean taking the chance on knitting something for someone who may not appreciate all the hard work and love that goes into it.

Nathalie - I :heart: your Shapely Diamond! It looks great and the color really works well with it. I also really liked the cubed one you posted earlier.

suewoz
08-15-2008, 07:42 PM
I know I saw on here how to upload photos but now I can't find it. At least I have my dishcloths on my digital camera. Progress. Can anyone direct me to the place where this is explained.

auburnchick
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I know I was on here how to upload photos but now I can't find it. At least I have my dishcloths on my digital camera. Progress. Can anyone direct me to the place where this is explained.

Try THIS (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610) link.

jberry16
08-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Nathalie I like that cloth too, looks like a baseball diamond

auburnchick
08-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I completed another dishcloth last night...while watching Michael Phelps win his 7th gold medal!

This is called Papillon (Butterfly) Cloth. The pattern is located here (http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/02/papillon-cloth.html). I used I Love This Cotton (sold in Hobby Lobby), and the color is Buttercup.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3021/2767621883_e4a705ebda.jpg

suewoz
08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Here are my first two dish cloths. First time uploading to this site also. So hope it works.

auburnchick
08-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Lovely job!

suewoz
08-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Natalie. I love that butterfly cloth. Probably my favorite of all that people have knit this last week.

jberry16
08-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Nathalie that is beautiful! I know what I'm knitting next, as soon as my thumb doesn't hurt-accidentally burned my thumb on my left hand-darn oven rack!

Sue way to go!

mks22300
08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Very nice Sue!
Nathalie, I have that dishcloth on my list. She has some great designs! :)

suewoz
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Here is another one. Finished while watching the ladies Marathon. Think I will make that Olympic cloth next. Went to Hobby Lobby and got some of that red, white and blue striping yarn too.

auburnchick
08-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Sue, I like that! What pattern is it?

suewoz
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM
It is calld "Elfin Lace" from the bookKitchen Bright Dishcloths from Leisure Arts. I think I bought the book at JoAnne's Some of the other Olympic knitters have posted cloths from that book also.

There are several really neat ones in this book.

auburnchick
08-17-2008, 01:52 AM
You know, I thought it looked familiar. I made that one a few days ago. I have that booklet and made five or six patterns from it during this KAL. Your's just looked a little different.

I've been staying up way too late way too many days in a row.

auntcrafty
08-17-2008, 02:35 AM
You know, I thought it looked familiar. I made that one a few days ago. I have that booklet and made five or six patterns from it during this KAL. Your's just looked a little different.

I've been staying up way too late way too many days in a row.

:roflhard: I was just going to say didn't you make one earlier & that's the book you have. I love your Papillion cloth. I made one earlier & am sending it to a friend who just had a baby.

I have the dishcloth book, too. I am madly knitting dishcloths to catch up after a week of horrible headaches. I finished 2 ~ "Grandma Black's Dishcloth" & "A" cloth (I don't like how it came out), and have 4 OTN. I knit a little bit, get tired of one and move on to the next one. Hope to have them finished by tomorrow evening and will post pictures Monday.

auburnchick
08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
This is a picture of dishcloth #9. The pattern is called Flurries Dishcloth. I used Tahki Cotton Classic. Here's (http://southerncomfortkc.blogspot.com/2008/06/flurries-dishcloth.html) the link for the free pattern.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2770673985_f3273b2e09.jpg

jberry16
08-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Nathalie that's really pretty!

LBECK
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Way to go Natalie you are right on schedule. I have slacked a bit this weekend I had planned to play catch up but have been very busy with grandson. Not that I mind that a bit. lol I am going to do my GO Hogs that DeAnzajig wrote for me tonight. I have 5 finished and more patterns than I can shake a stick at to go. lol I :heart: :heart: the Butterfly and Shapely diamond Those are some beautiful dishcloths. Everyone's are really georgous. I love seeing everyone's pics.

I did a "B" and a "J" for my DD for her new appartment to go with the AOII. don't know if they will show in pics they are black and white. I will take some tonight and see.

auburnchick
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Y'all are going to hate me...I finished my 10th cloth just now.

This is called Dayflower Cloth, and it's a free pattern that you can find here (http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/01/dayflower-cloth.html). I used Sugar 'n Cream, and the color is Natural Stripes. The yarn is self-striping and really pretty up close. The pattern was so much fun and literally flew off of my needles. I'm really surprised how quickly it went by.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2771967257_7a5eed080c.jpg

CMRab
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Natalie - :heart: the flurries, it reminds me of a peacocks tail especially in those colours. I finished another one on friday but still have to take its picture. Started another one, but so far have frogged it once and tinked many times but I'm not going to let this pattern get me.

Sue - great cloths.

suewoz
08-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow these dish cloths are getting pretty fancy. Great job Natalie on the last two. !0. I think that is a gold medal. had to golf with my DH today so did not get miuch knitting done. About half way through the Olympic cloth. going pretty fast. Might get it done tonight.

jberry16
08-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Nathalie :inlove:
very pretty
I still wanna do the fish, but did I tell y'all I was 'smart' last night and touched the oven rack with my thumb? yea not good-o well it feels much better, so I'll try to knit tonight.
DS starts pre-k tomorrow, maybe some knitting time while the girls play?

mks22300
08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Holy cow Nathalie, I think you're going for the world record, aren't ya? :thumbsup: I love that pattern!
Hot off my needles is cloth number four, no world records for me, I'm afraid. :teehee:
I'm a NASCAR fan and my favorite drivers are the Roush-Fenway drivers, especially Matt Kenseth (http://woodhilldesignknits.blogspot.com/2007/10/17-matt-kenseth.html), so here is my #17 cloth. :)

auburnchick
08-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Well, what can I say? Michael Phelps has inspired me. :wink:

Lovely job on the NASCAR cloth. :inlove:

I'm a NASCAR fan too, only my guys are the Hendrick team.

DeAnzaJig
08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
LBeck - Nice job on all the dishclothes!

Nathalie - You are definitely the Micheal Phelps of this KAL. :lol: You have already set the world record for most dishclothes knitted while watching the Olympics.

JBerry - I hope your thumb is OK. I want to do the fish also! It's so cute.

Tomorrow night I'm going to my knitting group and hopefully I'll crank out another dishcloth.

DeAnzaJig
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Here's my fourth self-designed dishcloth. It's the old school NY Jets logo, as requested by my brother.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/2776001693_c4e5d3307a.jpg

I'm glad I did this, as it gave me a chance to try out the logo I am going to put on a hat for my brother. That one will be multi-color, but I can see where I need to make some changes around the T and the S.