PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do Broadripple socks ?

vaknitter
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I found this great Broadripple pattern that is on KPC, but came up on a project search for a specific yarn on Ravelry...I have started and frogged this cuff so many times I am about at my wits end. Is there a mistake in the pattern? Am I just not coordinated on DPN's? I manage to pick-up a stitch every other round. I backtrack and cannot find it and have re started all together about 4x !!
I better get that sock knitting class for my birthday so I can learn magic loop and 2 circulars !!

rosefields
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I have made the sock several times, and have not had any problems with the cuff. :shrug: Where, exactly, are you having the problem?
The creator (Rob Matyska) of the pattern is accessable via email...he owns a lys in lansing, michigan here is the website..http://www.threadbearfiberarts.com/index.php
I also believe he is on Ravelry..

SandraS
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
I haven't made them, but just read through the pattern. I doubt your dpns are the problem. Maybe you're missing a decrease? There's probably one stitch you are getting wrong on every pattern row.
I bought a Ravelry download sock pattern called Belle or Bella or something. I got it wrong and started over 5 times before it just magically worked out. I have no idea what I was doing wrong or how I finally got it right. It has a herringbone design.

Plantgoddess+
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I've made the Broadripple twice and haven't found a problem, you may be forgetting a decrease here and there. I found it a nice pattern to do, it's easily memorized. I've done it on 4 dpns and 5 dpns, it's definitely easier to keep track of the yo's, ssk's, and k2tog's on 5 needles.
Persist and I think it will come together for you.

newamy
07-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I've made them once about a year ago. Here they are: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/newamy/broadripple-2

I don't recall having any problems. Are you having trouble purling in the round to make the garter stitch or with the lace part? Maybe it's the yarn you are using?