PDA

View Full Version : favorite online place to buy needles

bellsmom
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
When I started knitting, I bought some cheap metal dpn's and now I would like to try some bamboo ones. What is your favorite place to
buy em? I would love to get a set. I have looked on ebay, but
was hoping to get some good feedback from someone.

MAmaDawn
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
For needles Ebay is my favorite place. The prices are the best there from what I have seen

mathwizard
07-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I would say ebay but I also will not pay more for needles including shipping and handling if I ran down to my LYS or craft store to buy them. I just got some addi needles on ebay a lot cheaper than at my LYS and I got to pick the sizes and the lengths I wanted them to be.:woohoo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Pair-ADDI-Premium-Circular-Knitting-Needle-Turbo-Knit_W0QQitemZ360067637576QQihZ023QQcategoryZ71216 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Mirl56
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Ebay and knitpicks are probably the only places I've bought needles on line.

Tropicflower24
07-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I haven't bought anything from KP yet, but planning on getting some harmony options soon...... I have been gifted a set of bamboo DPNS (sizes 0 - 10 1/2 I beleive) that were 5" long..... I LOVE them. We got them for $10. (Yeah, I know.... Normally the giftee isn't supposed to know how much it costs, but my mom didn't know what I needed, so she told me to come pick something out. :teehee:

I remember checking out the prices for DPNs at my then LYS, and I would have spent over $100 for the same needles (well, mine were "no name" but they were identical).

I really love mine and use them constantly, even for flat knitting projects small enough to cram on them. :)

Ladylou
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi There!

I got DPNs off of ebay as well:) I really loved the DPNs that I got so I ordered the circular needles and the hooks from the same sellercloud9 I really really love all of them, they're fantastic and have held up super well. they're also all engraved (and he handmakes them) his ebay name is jian0028 and I really reccomend all of his needles (and the starting price is $9.00 for a set of DPNs I think, which has 5 needles per size and there are sizes 0-11:) )

Hope that helps!:teehee: (and sorry it kind of turned out like a sales add:aww: really love my needles obviously:teehee: )

Love,
Lexie:muah:

KnittinMitchie
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I bought my plastic Lion Brand Needles and DPNs at Hancock's Fabric store. ALL bit 2 pairs of my circulars I bought from Knit Picks. I absolutely love my metal DPNs that I got from Knit Picks and am currently debating about getting the Harmony DPNs I'm missing from my set.

tgwillis
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi There!

I got DPNs off of ebay as well:) I really loved the DPNs that I got so I ordered the circular needles and the hooks from the same sellercloud9 I really really love all of them, they're fantastic and have held up super well. they're also all engraved (and he handmakes them) his ebay name is jian0028 and I really reccomend all of his needles (and the starting price is $9.00 for a set of DPNs I think, which has 5 needles per size and there are sizes 0-11:) )

Hope that helps!:teehee: (and sorry it kind of turned out like a sales add:aww: really love my needles obviously:teehee: )

Love,
Lexie:muah:

Thanks so much for sharing this. I received my needles from that seller today and they are really nice and smooth just as smooth as my CP DPN's.