PDA

View Full Version : New Monk Season

jdee
07-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Starts next Friday. I'm so looking forward to seeing new episodes. :thumbsup:

katknit
07-12-2008, 09:00 AM
We enjoy Mr Monk too. Poor guy. Guess he's getting a new therapist this year. USA is running some Monk marathons with the old episodes.

bailsmom
07-12-2008, 10:41 AM
:woohoo: :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

I love Monk!!! I'm so glad the new season is finally here. I watched a few shows yesterday and saw 2 that I had never seen before, so that was pretty cool. He plays that character so well. Amazing. I tell you, Disher had me in fit of giggles yesterday. The episode where they all get locked in the bank vault and he's all pissed off with the silver statue guy outside the bank and tries to mimic him. :teehee: He's a great character too.

Plantgoddess+
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I like Monk as well. I'm also looking forward to the new season of Eureka on the SciFi channel.

jdee
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
We enjoy Mr Monk too. Poor guy. Guess he's getting a new therapist this year.

Yes, he's getting a new therapist, but I forgot the guy's name. I'm really going to miss Dr. Kroger. I was so sorry to hear of his passing.:cry:

Sewing Angel
07-12-2008, 05:26 PM
His new therapist is Hector Elizando (not sure if I spelled it right) I always liked him and hope he will be good.
Psych is also starting the same night. At least we will have one good night of TV!
I have also been watching In Plain Sight. It is filmed in Albuquerque, so its fun to see familiar places.

jdee
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
DH and I watch In Plain Sight, and we really like it.

Knitting_Guy
07-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't get to watch much tv, but do enjoy Monk when I get to see it. Tony Shalhoub is one of my favorite actors and he does a great job with that character.

katknit
07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
His new therapist is Hector Elizando (not sure if I spelled it right) I always liked him and hope he will be good.

I can picture him in that role - he'll probably be very good.

PurlyGyrl
07-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Can't wait for the new season. I work with an attorney who is very "Monk"-ish in his mannerisms. Makes for an interesting work day.

sarahbean
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
i love monk! i like how they use his abnormalaties to help solve crimes! and of course, his fear of milk

cristina61
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Hmm . . . I thought somebody else would have posted this already.

I nearly :chair:last night watching Monk when the police were investigating the nurse's murder and Capt. Stottelmeyer said she'd been stabbed with a knitting needle!

I was like, Oh, no, you didn't just say that! I couldn't help thinking about all the internet conversations about whether or not knitting needles should be allowed on planes or in courthouses, and then they go and do THAT to us!

Of course later on the weapon was revealed to be not a knitting needle but a carpenter's awl. Phew, what a relief! :rofl:

jdee
07-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Hmm . . . I thought somebody else would have posted this already.

I nearly :chair:last night watching Monk when the police were investigating the nurse's murder and Capt. Stottelmeyer said she'd been stabbed with a knitting needle!

I caught that too.:roflhard: It was really a good show, but I Love Brad Garret, and was sad to see him play such an evil guy. But he did it well. I was also happy to see them honor Stanly Kamel so well.

cristina61
07-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Ah, Dr. Kroger . . . :cry:

Yes, they did a lovely tribute to him, and it brought tears to my eyes. I had wondered if he had died before, during, or after taping.

I think Hector Elizondo is a fine replacement . . . but it'll never be quite the same. I even miss Dr. Kroger's office!

Sewing Angel
07-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I as well thought the tribute to Dr. Kroger was good. It was just enough, without them making Monk totally exasperated. Its nice to see some new shows.