PDA

View Full Version : Yarn P0rn from Bolivia

Spikey
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
:woohoo::woot:
A dear friend just got back from in Bolivia and brought me 10 (yes, ten!!!) hanks of this gorgeous alpaca. :inlove: That's 1900 grams!

Can't wait to scour ravelry to figure out what to make.

Any suggestions?

Knitting_Guy
07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
That looks exactly like the alpaca I don't have enough of. Can I have it? :mrgreen:

Seriously, very nice.

Plantgoddess+
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow, that's some gorgeous yarn! I would be spending a few days at least studying patterns online before deciding. For me that's half the fun of having really nice yarn, dreaming and plotting what to make with it.

Wildfire
07-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Neat! I can't think of anything other than a hat and mittens to knit with it because the color (of all things) is stumping my brain XP
Anyhow, could you put in a nice word for me with the yarn fairy so that I may also receive fun yarn? Pwease?

gingerbread
07-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow ten hanks of the most lovely Alpaca yarn. Congrats and what a nice friend.:) Enjoy in what ever you make.

:waving:

catcook
07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
hmmm lucious. I see sweater

rachael72knitter
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Have you done a search on Drops site for a pattern? I know a lot of theirs call for alpaca. They have quite a selection of lovely things to knit.

Here's a link to all their alpaca patterns. I don't know what weight but I am sure you can find out by looking at the needle size.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/search.php

feministmama
07-13-2008, 04:08 PM
:thud:

Spikey
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Neat! I can't think of anything other than a hat and mittens to knit with it because the color (of all things) is stumping my brain XP
Anyhow, could you put in a nice word for me with the yarn fairy so that I may also receive fun yarn? Pwease?

Sure! All good knitters deserve a visit from the yarn fairy! :hug:

Spikey
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Have you done a search on Drops site for a pattern? I know a lot of theirs call for alpaca. They have quite a selection of lovely things to knit.

Here's a link to all their alpaca patterns. I don't know what weight but I am sure you can find out by looking at the needle size.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/search.php

Thanks! There were some gorgeous things there :inlove:

Still want to look around a bit before I decide.

Cynamar
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Ooh, NICE!!! I wanna touch it!