PDA

View Full Version : Good Advice from Grandma Lori

GrandmaLori
07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
When you are felting a booga bag...don't get started figuring out your next move on Scrabble! You'll get a teeny little bag. Mine is so darn cute, and the colors are festive. I think my 11 year old daughter will just love it. Sorry the camera is out of commission, I will post photos when I have a chance.:inlove:

Jan in CA
07-15-2008, 11:04 PM
:teehee: Actually though they are notoriously small. A lot of people have made them bigger by adding 20 stitches to everything..or so I read. ;)

auburnchick
07-15-2008, 11:52 PM
:rofl:

Jaxhil
07-16-2008, 12:06 AM
LOL! I can't wait to see your bag!

I love Scrabble! Unfortunately I can't seem to find too many people who love it as much as me :shrug:

GrandmaLori
07-16-2008, 12:27 AM
We go on Facebook and play their version called scrabulous. It's fun.

psquidy
07-16-2008, 03:39 AM
I had my friend make a booga bag as her first felted project and she found it way to small! I thought it was a bit little myself. I like a nice BIG bAg. I had her add 30 extra stitches to her next one...and it was still a bit small!Hahahaha. Just can't win.

Lisa R.
07-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Our little knitting group when I first started knitting did a booga bag as one of our first projects. One lady, quite an experienced knitter came in with hers and it was WAAAYY smaller than everyone else's. She'd done this cute colorwork, too.

It was cute, but instead of our bags that were maybe 8x10x3, hers was like 4x6x2. Very cute, though!

fireflyknitter
07-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Yea mine is tiny too, it's about the size of a hardback book. The height isn't what I was surprised by, it's the width! Teeny!

KnitsAway
07-16-2008, 10:34 AM
LOL! I can't wait to see your bag!

I love Scrabble! Unfortunately I can't seem to find too many people who love it as much as me :shrug:

Ooh I love scrabble! And OOH my sister is coming to visit and she loves scrabble! Sweet!

I have the turnstile scrabble board, it's the only way to go!

Debkcs
07-17-2008, 02:12 AM
I LOVE Scrabble! No one here has the time to play though.

I added on to my Booga Bag, and it's too long. Going to do some surgery on it tomorrow.

stitchwitch
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm in the process of knitting one right now and I thought the bottom was a little small to be felting to the size I think it should be. I'm curious to see what it comes out like now. All of the other stuff I've felted was big going in, this already seems a little small.