PDA

View Full Version : Who has the book with the little sweater sampler?

bambi
07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
In the FO thread, I saw that someone had done the sweater sampler that looks like a little wind sock. It gives all the stitch patterns for the sweaters in the book.

I can't remember the name of the book and I was thinking of spluringing on a book during KnitPick's sale. Do you like the book? What kinds of patterns do they have? I am most interested in one piece or little seaming contruction.

I'm thinking it may have been Jan?

Bambi

pvsduck
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I believe it is called "The Sweater Workshop".

suzeeq
07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
"The Sweater Workshop".

The one by Jacqueline Fee

Jan in CA
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Yup, that would be me. :teehee:

As has been stated it's in the book The Sweater Workshop (http://www.knitpicks.com/sweater%20workshop_BD30595.html?). It's a great book, but make sure you get the one that is spiral bound. I think the one linked is.. It's so much easier to read and work from. :thumbsup:

It's all about top down sweaters so there is limited if any seaming. If you click the 'view more images' link it shows some of what it has in it.

If you're not sure about ordering it you may be able to get it from the library first. That's what I did.

Braden
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
It's all about top down sweaters so there is limited if any seaming. If you click the 'view more images' link it shows some of what it has in it.

Actually, it's about bottom up sweaters. In the authors opinion, it's a better method because stitch patterns used do not have to be reversed.

suzeeq
07-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, they're bottom up, based on EZ's percentage method, but more detailed.

Plantgoddess+
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
I bought the book after checking it out of the library and I really like it. I've made a couple of sweaters using it as a reference and have been much happier with the fit over patterns I've made.

bambi
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
You all have convinced me! I'm going to spring for it!

Bambi

Jan in CA
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Actually, it's about bottom up sweaters. In the authors opinion, it's a better method because stitch patterns used do not have to be reversed.

:oops: Oops! You're right!

laikabear
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Jan, have you been wearing all your sweaters upside down? :teehee:

Jan in CA
07-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Jan, have you been wearing all your sweaters upside down? :teehee:

Yeah, what are those long things sticking out around my hips? And why is the waist so darn small?? :?? :roflhard:

laikabear
07-19-2008, 07:49 PM
:rofl: