PDA

View Full Version : Sugar n' Cream fans...

fireflyknitter
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Check your local Michaels! I found delightfully huge skeins of SnC (710 yards!) for $5 on clearance at the Michaels by my apartment. I got 3 of them, I would have gotten more but we're going on vacation to Oregon next week and I have about 4 or 5 yarn shops I want to visit there. :)

knitgal
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I bought one of those when I first started knitting and I still have it! I am so sick of the colours, but I keep plugging away. It's a never ending ball of cotton.

coff3893
07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I wish we had a Micheals.

fireflyknitter
07-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I bought mine for the BYOB pattern from Knitty so I don't expect mine to last toooo terribly long but only time will tell!

Cynamar
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Gotta go to Michael's this weekend. THANK YOU!!!

fireflyknitter
07-17-2008, 12:08 AM
You're welcome! I hope it's on sale for you too!!

BobbiKnits
07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I wish there was a Michael's near me! Or any place that sells yarn, for that matter.:nails:

Jaxhil
07-18-2008, 09:48 AM
:whistle:

La-la-la, la -la!

I don't need yarn, I don't need yarn, I don't need yarn.....

I have buckets of this stuff, why would I be getting the urge to actually GO there?? LOL!!! Thanks for the heads up! Man it's tempting! :p But I shall try to resist!

fireflyknitter
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Hee! I saw it on sale on Saturday or Sunday and said NO, and then I spent a couple days thinking of nothing but huge skeins of cotton and finally had to go back to get it out of my head!

sgtpam
07-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure how it compares in yards...but, Hobby Lobby sells a one pound "spool" for $9.99 (it doesn't say how many yards it is; with my 40% off coupon that's less than $6.00 (including sales tax). If you have a H.L., check on line for their coupons. It seems like they post 40% off coupons every couple of weeks.:woot: It's my first time buying it; but, compared to other yarns I've bought, I think it's a good deal. Looks like it will make a LOT of dishrags!

newbieknitter
07-19-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure how it compares in yards...but, Hobby Lobby sells a one pound "spool" for $9.99 (it doesn't say how many yards it is; with my 40% off coupon that's less than $6.00 (including sales tax). If you have a H.L., check on line for their coupons. It seems like they post 40% off coupons every couple of weeks.:woot: It's my first time buying it; but, compared to other yarns I've bought, I think it's a good deal. Looks like it will make a LOT of dishrags!

Hobby Lobby also sells a 'kit' of three coordinated colors of the large skeins of Sugar N Cream. Regularly $22.00, with that 40% off coupon, that too, would be a pretty schweet deal.

sgtpam
07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
WOW! I didn't see a "kit". I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

SBG
07-20-2008, 07:47 AM
The kits are pretty cool if you have a coupon!

I went to Michael's and now I to figure out what I'm gonna do with all this cotton yarn! Better make some dishcloths I guess!

Jaxhil
07-20-2008, 08:17 AM
LOL~ I do the *same* thing!!! This week I did it over the new Lion Brand Sock-Ease that was for sale at Hobby Lobby~I bought one skein the first day, nice pretty grays and browns, then I decided I should probably get the others, because at 6.49 they were a bargain~I heard HL is upping the price to 10$ a skein after the introductury batch!~So I went back and bought *another* skein later that day...A pretty pink mixed~ And then (they still had two skeins left, you see) I couldn't get the lemon yellow yarn out of my head, and went back yesterday and got that. :roll: I'm hopeless.

Hey, but I did actually manage to resist more SnC, even though I went to pick up stitch markers at Michaels..probably had something to do with having my four kids with me and wanting to get out in a hurry! :lol:

sgtpam
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
H.L. has the 40% coupon again this week...good till Saturday.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/weekly.cfm

Pam

tokmom
07-28-2008, 12:00 AM
I need to live near one of those stores. I will tell dh we need to move to another state.:teehee:

margz3
07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Also check your local AC Moore if you have one. I was in one near my work on Friday - they were running an "instore special" on the S n C pounders for only $3.99!

sgtpam
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
my turn to be envious...I've never even heard of AC Moore until I saw it on this site. Oh well...I'm just glad to have found H.L.

margz3
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
my turn to be envious...I've never even heard of AC Moore until I saw it on this site. Oh well...I'm just glad to have found H.L.

LOL, and I never heard of Hobby Lobby before this site!:teehee: