View Full Version : arm rest slip covers

07-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Remeber those things that would go on the end of the couch that were shaped like the arm rest? I wanna make one to cover it up so the cats will stop scratchin the hell out of my couch. I looked at knittingpattern central and knitty and all the usual places. How do I go about making up a form fitting pattern like that ? :??

07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Hmmmm.. I'm not sure. I remember my great-grandmother making crocheted lace ones. I'd be interested to see if someone knows of a pattern.

Jan in CA
07-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Free Rav download here. There is no picture, but maybe you can get an idea of what it looks like?

07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I had a sofa years ago that came with arm covers in the same fabric as the sofa. They were just rectangular and draped over the arms. I don't know that that would help with the cats. You can also buy upholstery pins that have a spiral body with a plastic top. They screw into the fabric and would hold the covers in place. I bought some at a local fabric store.