PDA

View Full Version : FO: First Monkeys

Slim
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
These socks have been my waiting room/coffee shop project for the last month or so, but they would have gone much faster if I'd knit them straight through. The pattern, of course, is Monkey (http://monkey.html) from Knitty and the yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the colorway Spanish Moss. I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the yarn. It feels great and knits beautifully, but when I gave them a gentle soak in cool water and dried them flat the yarn fuzzed more than I would have liked. I had intended them for my mom's 81st b'day, but I'm afraid to give them to her because they apparently need gentler laundering than she would likely give them. Oh well, guess I'll have to keep them!

auburnchick
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
The socks are lovely! The colors are great with this pattern! Sorry to hear about the yarn, though.

Tropicflower24
08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
I am so doing something wrong with the pattern.... Mine looks like a garter st deal. Is there something special about reading charts????

lynn893
08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
those look fantastic!!

why not include a 'yarn mower' (not sure what they're really called) in the gift with the socks? and just let her know the yarn is delicate?

:inlove:

Slim
08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I am so doing something wrong with the pattern.... Mine looks like a garter st deal. Is there something special about reading charts????
I'm not good with charts, so I'm just using the text.

Tropicflower24
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I must be messed up lately.... LOL, I tried the text too. :sigh: Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Debkcs
08-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Oh well, guess I'll have to keep them!

I would too. Give her some flowers and take her out to dinner, she'll be happy. :)

Really like the color. I've got some Cherry Tree Hill socks started, and they may get done by Christmas.

Doublereeder2
08-04-2008, 10:16 AM
They look great! Maybe your Mom would like something else...

gargoylelib
08-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Those are nice! I really like the colorway of the yarn :)

Libbie