PDA

View Full Version : Postcards for Austin (Rabbit's) Son - His 11th Birthday is on the 27th

auburnchick
08-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I decided to post this here as well as the General Knitting forum...just to make sure more people see it...

You probably remember Rabbit's son, Austin, being burned quite badly a few weeks ago. He's still at the Shriner's Hospital and will remain there for a while longer as he still has more grafting to undergo. Over 70% of his body was burned, and they've grafted about 20% thus far.

His birthday is the 27th of this month, and The Knitter (hugs, my friend) and her Canadian knitters decided to send him postcards. She suggested that we get an atlas to mark the places where the postcards are coming from. Knittinmitchie is handling that part.

I would just love to see them be able to plaster the walls of his room with our postcards.

If you are interested, please send me a PM, and I will provide you with the address of the hospital.

Thanks, all!

:hug:

ClaireGrandmaMaria
08-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Auburn, Will find a postcard and get it off to him. I send him a card yesterday. Love, Grandma :hug:

I decided to post this here as well as the General Knitting forum...just to make sure more people see it...

You probably remember Rabbit's son, Austin, being burned quite badly a few weeks ago. He's still at the Shriner's Hospital and will remain there for a while longer as he still has more grafting to undergo. Over 70% of his body was burned, and they've grafted about 20% thus far.

His birthday is the 27th of this month, and The Knitter (hugs, my friend) and her Canadian knitters decided to send him postcards. She suggested that we get an atlas to mark the places where the postcards are coming from. Knittinmitchie is handling that part.

I would just love to see them be able to plaster the walls of his room with our postcards.

If you are interested, please send me a PM, and I will provide you with the address of the hospital.

Thanks, all!

:hug:

Hygiene Mama
08-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I can't seem to find out how to PM you, could you PM the address please? I'll send him one from Duluth, MN. Thanks!

cdjack
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd love to send him a postcard. I was thinking that it might be neat to send him a postcard from Austin, Texas. My cousin is going there next weekend. I'll have her pick one up.

auntcrafty
08-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Would love to send him one -- PM'd you!

auburnchick
08-07-2008, 08:17 AM
PM'd you back!

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 08:48 AM
...bump...

:wink:

momwolf
08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
It would be really great if some of our knitters from other countries sent Austin a postcard!!!!!!!!!

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
It would be really great if some of our knitters from other countries sent Austin a postcard!!!!!!!!!

I have had a good response thus far...especially since I posted on Ravelry too. :wink:

Tropicflower24
08-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Is it the same address you PMed me before? I'd love to send one. I mean, what is 15 minutes, a card and a 42 cent stamp going to be in the longrun? I'd love to send Austin a card. :)

auburnchick
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Is it the same address you PMed me before? I'd love to send one. I mean, what is 15 minutes, a card and a 42 cent stamp going to be in the longrun? I'd love to send Austin a card. :)

Yes, it sure is!

Thank you! :hug:

iwouldratherbeknitting
08-14-2008, 08:10 AM
I'll send one. I'm in Germany now- I haven't seen any for sale anywhere- but, I'm sure that I can find something to send??
Please send me the mailing address. Thanks

Knitting_Guy
08-14-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm collecting some as I travel, I'll try and get them in the mail so they arrive by his BD.

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll send one. I'm in Germany now- I haven't seen any for sale anywhere- but, I'm sure that I can find something to send??
Please send me the mailing address. Thanks

Sent you a PM. :thumbsup:

I'm collecting some as I travel, I'll try and get them in the mail so they arrive by his BD.

Thanks, my friend. :hug:

Miss Kittie
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Would love to send him a postcard..
Sent you a PM..

auburnchick
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Would love to send him a postcard..
Sent you a PM..

Already responded. :hug:

This project is spreading like wildfire! It's posted on Ravelry under This Week in Ravelry, and I've had a LOT of responses! Some people are contacting their relatives and friends in other countries to join in.

What a wonderful group of people...all of you.

The.Knitter...what a GREAT idea! :hug:

Dangles
08-14-2008, 05:27 PM
*raises hand* oh, oh, count me in!

sue in canada
08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I will mail my card in the next day or so.

Dangles
08-22-2008, 01:20 AM
My postcard is beginning it's journey. Hopefully it will make it out on the plane tonight.

ritaw
08-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Hi
Can you pm me the address and i will send him one from London UK.
Thanks

sue in canada
08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
It will be interesting to see how many cards he does receive. I did mail mine last week.

iwouldratherbeknitting
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I did mail my post-card last week... I meant to mail it sooner- but, my car had not arrived yet (I'm now in Germany)-- and I was spending the week at work getting my classroom ready for the upcoming new school year... and since, I didn't have a car... I couldn't get to the post-office that is about 3 miles or so from work.

I'm sorry that it probably won't arrive in time for his birthday. :aww:

KnittinMitchie
08-23-2008, 03:09 PM
To let everyone know I ordered Austin a BIG world map and had it gift wrapped for his birthday. I is supposed to arrive on the 25th.

HollyP
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM
What a cool idea Christine!!