PDA

View Full Version : Devil Skirt

Sknitter56
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Here's what I've done so far on the skirt that started out with 774 cast ons. I've got 3 more rows of seed stitch, then plain stockinette until I get it the length I need. It's reduced down now to a manageable 258 stitches, which is still a lot, but better than what I started with. I'm using KP Telemark 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in Tidepool Heather on size 7, 60" circular needles and this pattern:
http://www.creativeknittingmagazine.com/pdfs/fp1may.pdf
It's been 100 degrees here everyday for the past couple of days so working with this wool is done only with the air conditioning going:-P

Jan in CA
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Are you doing it in the round? It's really cute!

ArtLady1981
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh I love it! I did that Bell Ruffle on my Red Aran Afghan last year!
It is fun to knit! This skirt pattern is ADORABLE! And a person could easily knit it a longer length...or shorter, I guess, too!

Thanks for including the link! I saved it in my Knitting Patterns folder!

Sknitter56
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I started out knitting it flat because of the sheer number of stitches...I was not able to join in the round without a twist or two. I'm going to have about a 2" seam at the bottom, but that's not going to show. I started over three times, but finally got it joined. I'm going to be doing some shaping and will eventually go down to probably a 47" circ or maybe smaller, I'm not sure yet. I'm only using the bottom part of that pattern because I liked the way it looked. I'm going to improvise with the rest. Just a little too short for an old woman, if you know what I mean :wink: Maybe if I were 30 years younger I'd wear it that short, but certainly not now.

Sknitter56
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks, ArtLady! Your knitting is amazing. I wish I could crank out FOs as fast as you. I only have a couple of hours a day where I can knit so it takes me quite a while to get anything finished. But, I just enjoy the knitting...my job is extremely stressful and so knitting at lunch and when I get home helps me to relax.

Debkcs
08-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Devil Skirt? Did I get diverted to another site? The one that came up, blue with a pretty border, would look great on my DIL.

It's really nice, thanks.

GirlChris
08-08-2008, 02:26 AM
That is so much work. It sure is starting out with an adorable ruffley edge though.

GinnyG
08-08-2008, 07:09 AM
774 stitches cast on?:passedout:

Slim
08-08-2008, 08:24 AM
That skirt is adorable! But 774 cast-on stitches??? I'm impressed with your determination. I love the color you chose. Can't wait to see the finished product.

bambi
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
That skirt is so cute I had to save the pdf file! I might try it, too but that is a ton of stitches to CO. :eyes:

I live not far from you and it has been so uncomfortable here!!!! I have a two year old and we've been hitting the pool almost daily. It is really hot to be working with wool.

Bambi

CAtoOHtransplant
08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow....holy moly cast-ons! That's a really cute skirt - and it's turning out really nice so far!

Shewhoknits
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
What an absolutely darling skirt. You are a very brave soul!

Sknitter56
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks to everyone...I'm calling it my devil skirt because of the trouble I had the first two times I started it. But the third time I managed to get it right and join it without twisting. I may have chosen the wrong size to knit, it's looking way too big, but I'm going to do some decreases after I finish with the bottom part so hopefully it will fit. The pattern just says to knit even after doing the fancy stuff, but I don't think that's going to work. Guess I'll see later.
Bambi, it IS hard knitting with wool in this heat, but I stay inside where it's cool. I don't go outside unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm thinking ahead to the winter...can't wait.

MerigoldinWA
08-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Sknitter56, this is turning out nicely. It looks like you are going to have some fun making the skirt to suit you. I'm anxious to see your result.

Mulderknitter
08-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I am soooo saving that pattern! I would definately make it longer for myself, but I don't like my knees.:roflhard:

dustinac
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
:happydance: lookin' good!

susi
08-14-2008, 05:59 PM
its georgious, i have bookmarked it and will be making it as well.