PDA

View Full Version : ANY CHARITY HAT THREAD

ritaw
08-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Everyone:)
I have decided to start this thread so anyone who wants to post pictures of any hats they make for charity, can post them here.
It does not matter what charity you are knitting for . It may be anything .
For example -
Knitting for your local hospital unit

Children in need charities across the world

Chemo hats

Hats for soilders

Hats that are donated to charity shops such as
Oxfam or the Redcross for example

Even if you just want to make them for a school
fete or fund raising event

And any other charity you can think of that need hats :)

There are no rules , age restrictions or deadlines . This will be an ongoing thread .

Just join in and post your pics and tell us your chosen charity for that hat .

HAPPY KNITTING EVERYONE :hug:

RitaW

sue in canada
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
As this is for all charities, anywhere, you may even get me making a few hats Rita. I know the hospitals are always looking for the premie hats.

ritaw
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you Sue and welcome to thread .:) I look forward to seeing your hats .

Jan in CA
08-20-2008, 03:54 PM
As soon as I finish all the things I need to do I'll make a few, too. :thumbsup:

ritaw
08-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks Jan . Can't wait to see your hats :woot:

Ben10
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Rita :)

Count me in sis . Thanks for a great day , the kids loved it :)

Ben10

Nobones
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
This is going to be great, my step-mum knits 'Hat's for the homeless' (among other things). I said I'd do one or 2 when I could this is a perfect place to put them. She said she might join the forum when she's back from holiday. You'll all need sunglasses if she does, she doesn't exactly knit in muted colours! All bright yellows and oranges!

momwolf
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Here's the hats I did for Rabbit for the Shriner's hospital.All made with 100%cotton

jdee
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Here's the hats I did for Rabbit for the Shriner's hospital.All made with 100%cotton
Those are Gorgeous!:inlove:

sue in canada
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Momwolf, they are all so pretty

ritaw
08-21-2008, 02:25 AM
WOW !!! Our first hats on the thread ,:woohoo:
And they are beautiful . The purple one is my fave .
I am sure that the Shriners Hospital will be very grateful and so will the recipients :)
Thanks for joining Julie :hug:

SIS- You are welcome , Nice to have you back for a bit:heart: .
Now go and do some knitting !:rofl:

Ellie- Welcome to the thread. I am going out to purchase some
industrial glasses .The kind that welders use :rofl:
I will be prepared for your stepmom and her bright hats lol
:heart:

Nobones
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Finally got my new batteries for my camera! So here are 2 more charity hats. The pink one didn't turn out that well, I got confused with keeping the pattern once I started decreasing.

I've still got loads of this pink and purple left!

sue in canada
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Nobones: Cute hats. I have my sunglasses ready.

momwolf
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_19.gifI'm ready,nice hats Ellie:cheering:

ritaw
08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Finally got my new batteries for my camera! So here are 2 more charity hats. The pink one didn't turn out that well, I got confused with keeping the pattern once I started decreasing.

I've still got loads of this pink and purple left!
Ellie they are so sweet . Nice job hun :)

ritaw
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Good day to you all . :muah:
Today i went to my local Cancer research shop and asked them if they could use some knitted hats . They said they would love them . They sell very well from September onwards .
As long as they are machine washable they will accept them .

SO here are my latest 3 newborn hats .
Oh and a pic of Luke knitting his first charity hat . He does a few lines everyday . It is all in garter stitch and i will probably help when the decreasing starts . He is doing really well:heart:

Nobones
08-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Great hats, everyone, I love the ruffled one's Momwolf has done.

Rita, Luke looks so sweet concentrating, I bet that's the most he's sat still in ages! I can't wait to see his hat, I bet it'll be as good as yours are.

I went out yesterday with hubby but took my knitting with me.

ritaw
08-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks Ellie ,
I have never knitted standing up before lol. Must give it a try when i am next waiting in a queue .
You know how us british like to stand in line :roflhard:
I have a couple more hats , i will post pics soon.

I hope you had a great time while you were out :)

ritaw
08-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone )
I hope you are all having a great weekend .
As promised here is a pic of two more . They are in White . I like baby hats in white . :happydance:

sue in canada
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
The hats look great as always Rita.

momwolf
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Cute hats Rita:cheering:

Ben10
08-24-2008, 04:05 AM
What lovely hats everyone! I better get mine finished . I have been visiting family that i have not seen in years , so have not one much knitting .
I love your ruffled hat momwolf they are very sweet. Not sure i can master knitting in the round just yet .:thumbsup:
Ellie. you look so cute !

ritaw
08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I hope all those in the UK are enjoying their day off today:)
It is a public holiday here !
And to all those elsewhere i hope you are all having a great day:hug:
I have just finished another hat/beret. The pattern is in a sirdar pattern leaflet #1711

momwolf
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh cute hat Rita:cheering:

ritaw
08-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks Julie :) I am quite chuffed with this one . It is nice to do a different hat . It makes a change from the plain roll up brim:)

ritaw
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I got a very nice surprise in the post today . :)
I was sent some lovely caron yarn that i just love which is by the way perfect for making hats :)
The package was from My dear friend Julie . It was for my Birthday .
Thank you Julie :) I am a lucky girl to have you as friend .:hug:

momwolf
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
You are welcome Rita:hug:I love that little needle for picking up stitches around arm holes and collars.If you drop a stitch it picks it up perfectly.Enjoy the yarn!!! I expect to see you" knitting like the wind "now:roflhard::roflhard:

ritaw
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
You are welcome Rita:hug:I love that little needle for picking up stitches around arm holes and collars.If you drop a stitch it picks it up perfectly.Enjoy the yarn!!! I expect to see you" knitting like the wind "now:roflhard::roflhard:
LOL I who knits like the wind will be knitting like a rocket :rofl:
The little needle will be very useful . Thanks so much . :)

Nobones
08-27-2008, 05:32 AM
I love that you've put that hat on a doll! I think I might do that with some of the hats I'm making at the moment.

It looks lovely, and I'm glad you've liked that pattern leaflet.

Lucky girl with goodies, I might have to come down just to have feel of that stuff, couldn't believe how soft it was!

sue in canada
08-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Love the yellow hat Rita, looks so cute on the doll.

ritaw
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I love that you've put that hat on a doll! I think I might do that with some of the hats I'm making at the moment.

It looks lovely, and I'm glad you've liked that pattern leaflet.

Lucky girl with goodies, I might have to come down just to have feel of that stuff, couldn't believe how soft it was!

Thank you Ellie :)
The beret really needed to be put on a model to really capture the look .
LOL and you know you are welcome to come and have a feel of my yarn :rofl: I may have to charge you a fee though hehehehehe:rofl: .

ritaw
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Hello happy knitters :)

Here are another two hats which will be going to the cancer research shop.
Here i tried my hand at embroidery and i just loved the way they turned out:hug:

momwolf
08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Cute idea Rita:cheering:They are lovely Here's another one I did In Oh MY yarn.Really soft!!!!!!!!!!!

ritaw
08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Cute idea Rita:cheering:They are lovely Here's another one I did In Oh MY yarn.Really soft!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Julie :)
Yours is so cute and soft looking . It reminds me of the yarn i used to make the Elephants .
Your hat will so soft on a babies head . :):yay:

momwolf
08-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Here's another hay for Rabbit.I just have to do the tie cord

Cynamar
08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I love the pink one, NoBones! I love that it looks bulky. Rita--you are so unbelievably GOOD at making hats! I have loved every picture you have posted. You're so creative with it! Womwolf--yours are great. I like that last blue one a lot!

ritaw
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Julie ! What can i say ? It is beautiful and those hearts just make it even more stunning! :)

I love the pink one, NoBones! I love that it looks bulky. Rita--you are so unbelievably GOOD at making hats! I have loved every picture you have posted. You're so creative with it! Womwolf--yours are great. I like that last blue one a lot!
Hi Cynamar ,
Thank you so much :) You are so sweet . You are the first to join my fan club lol :rofl: . I hope you are ok . Have not heard from you in a while .
I really appreciate your comments cyndi!:hug:

TrikkeAddict
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I just started knitting hats, booties and blankets for charity on Sunday - these are the hats I've done so far. These are my first attempt at knitting on DPNs.

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/102309487.jpg

Susan

TrikkeAddict
08-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello happy knitters :)

Here are another two hats which will be going to the cancer research shop.
Here i tried my hand at embroidery and i just loved the way they turned out:hug:

Rita, they are adorable!!!

TrikkeAddict
08-28-2008, 01:24 PM

That is so cute!!!

Jan in CA
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow Julie, that hat is gorgeous! :inlove:

Love your little hats too Rita! :yay:

I made one in between the Florida Bag and starting the sweater for a baby gift. I'll post pix when I have more time. :thumbsup:

ritaw
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I just started knitting hats, booties and blankets for charity on Sunday - these are the hats I've done so far. These are my first attempt at knitting on DPNs.

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/102309487.jpg

Susan

Welcome to the thread and to the forum :) .
Your hats are all lovely . Well done on your first attempt at DPNS :yay: . I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Rita, they are adorable!!!
Thank You :)

Wow Julie, that hat is gorgeous! :inlove:

Love your little hats too Rita! :yay:

I made one in between the Florida Bag and starting the sweater for a baby gift. I'll post pix when I have more time. :thumbsup:
Thank you Jan .
I bet it looks fab.:)
Your bag is so pretty and colourful . :thumbsup:

Ben10
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Momwolf - your blue hat is amazing !

Sis - lovely as always .

Trikke- your hats are sooooo cute .

momwolf
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Welcome TrikkeAddict,and cuuuuute hats:woohoo:
Ben10- Thank you,Do you knit like the wind too?:shock:
Jan-Thank you,and send pic:teehee:
Cynamar-Thank you,Glad you are back:cheering:

ritaw
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
I have made a few hats and these will be going to the oxfam shop to help raise funds.
The green ruffled hat is so easy and also done on two needles. The pattern is from the Bernat website , and i made it with the green Caron that Julie sent me :)
The pink one was actually done in in Bernat Silk which was brilliant to knit with. This yarn was kindly sent to me by Sue.
I loved the way these two hats came out .
Thanks everyone for your efforts with all the different charities. Every little helps . :hug:

Thanks Ben10 ((HUGGS))

sue in canada
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
They are all so pretty Rita. Fantastic work as always.

It is actually Bernat Satin Rita.

ritaw
08-29-2008, 01:12 PM
They are all so pretty Rita. Fantastic work as always.

It is actually Bernat Satin Rita.
Ooooops sorry ! I got it wrong . I lost the ball band lol . :rofl:
Nothing stays where you put it when you have kids :aww:

Thanks Sue :yay:

momwolf
08-29-2008, 03:28 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif Cute Cute Cute.Do like working with the Caron Simply Soft?

sgtpam
08-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Rita, I read on another thread that you knitted the flower (on the pink hat)...do you have those instructions? If it's not too hard, I have a niece who would love one on a hat (if i get it done).

Pam

ritaw
08-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Rita, I read on another thread that you knitted the flower (on the pink hat)...do you have those instructions? If it's not too hard, I have a niece who would love one on a hat (if i get it done).

Pam

Hi Pam ,
The flower is very easy it is not from a pattern. I just did my own thing .
Cast on as mant stitches you think you may need. Maybe 15st or so .
next row- Inc in every st (30)
Next row - purl
Next row -Knit
Do a couple more St st rows and then depending how big you want the flower.
When you are happy with the length of the petal. Then cast off.
Sew the sides to form a circle . then gather cast on edge and bind tightly.
Attach to hat through centre of petal. .
:thumbsup:
Ne

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_3.gif Cute Cute Cute.Do like working with the Caron Simply Soft?
Julie !! I just Looooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee
Knitting with Caron:woot: :yay: :cheering: :happydance:
It is wonderful . The finish is brilliant . Thank you my DF.:hug:

ritaw
08-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Finally ! here is the finished hat that my seven year old son Luke has finished for the SAVE THE CHILDREN CAMPAIGN.
He did a brilliant job although the decreasing was a bit hit and miss . But looks fine when gathered and sewn up .
He did it all in purl stitch , which looks like a loose garter stitch .
How proud am I:woohoo: :cheering: :woot: :yay:

And also a pic of my two latest which will also be going to the save the children campaign.

sue in canada
08-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow Rita, you really do knit like the wind How long does it actually take you to knit one of those cute little hats?

Luke's hat looks great. He did a fantastic job. You must be very proud of him.

ritaw
08-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Wow Rita, you really do knit like the wind How long does it actually take you to knit one of those cute little hats?

Luke's hat looks great. He did a fantastic job. You must be very proud of him.
Thank you so much Sue :)
The hats actually take about an hour and a half to 2 hours . Depending what mood i am in lol . :hug:

momwolf
08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/1.gifWOW, Luke you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice hat
Rita LOVE the flowers!!!!!!!!!

sgtpam
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
:noway: I can only dream of finishing anything that fast! :notworthy:

I've got to figure out how to move faster; I checked last night and it takes me 3 1/2 hours to just do a knit every row 6" x 9" rectangle. It's for HAP and I really want to be able to contribute more, which is why I stopped trying to do pattern rectangles and am just knitting the whole piece. I knit continental style; could never get the hang of the other way.

Love the hats...how do you add the flowers? Do you just "stitch" them on?

And, Luke...I am really impressed! I used a loom for my first hat. Who are the recipients of the Save the Children Campaign hats?

ritaw
08-31-2008, 11:55 AM
:noway: I can only dream of finishing anything that fast! :notworthy:

I've got to figure out how to move faster; I checked last night and it takes me 3 1/2 hours to just do a knit every row 6" x 9" rectangle. It's for HAP and I really want to be able to contribute more, which is why I stopped trying to do pattern rectangles and am just knitting the whole piece. I knit continental style; could never get the hang of the other way.

Love the hats...how do you add the flowers? Do you just "stitch" them on?

And, Luke...I am really impressed! I used a loom for my first hat. Who are the recipients of the Save the Children Campaign hats?
Hi and thanks :)

The children who receive these hats are newborns. You can get more details here .
http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5072.htm

The campaign runs till the the 21st October .

The flowers are just embroidered on . You just make it up as you go along .

I think that everyone knits at their own pace that they are comfortable with . I cannot knit continental and although i tried i much prefer my own way which is greek knitting or if you look up on Youtube you may find a knit video under portuguese knitting :)

Nobones
08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
:cheering: Yay Luke!!!! What a fab job you have done!! Rita you must be so pleased.

I love the hats you have made. The ruffled greeny one is just gorgeous, I love the brim and the eyelet stitches. So pretty. You are doing so well with your embroidery it really does cheer the plain turn over hats up very nicely.

I do have another one done and will get my arse in gear and post a picture.

Don't worry sgtpam I am like you and can knit at a normal pace, our Rita is something else though, honestly I have seen her in action and no wonder she always has something to post. She just knits soooo fast. You can't watch her for too long otherwise you'd get a headache!

ritaw
09-01-2008, 02:43 AM
:rofl: She who knits like the wind lol .That is what Julie calls me hahahahaha. But TBH i am an average speed knitter . I think!
Thank you so much Ellie :hug: . Luke is a gem and i am just glad he has finished the hat before he goes back to school on Thurday.
I look froward to seeing your hat:hug: Ellie

momwolf
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Well here's one more for Rabbit.The true color is the top view.

ritaw
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Well here's one more for Rabbit.The true color is the top view.
Another stunning hat Julie ! :cheering:
I just love that pattern. I am going to have to bite the bullit and try and learn dpns .:aww:
I have been putting it off but this pattern is calling me to make it lol:rofl:
I am so jealous . Your work is lovely hun :thumbsup: and i know that all hats will go to a good home where they are needed.

sue in canada
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I have just finished my first ever preemie hat. It seems so small. I don't have the right size doll to model it for me.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2818402871_42d17b94b6_m.jpg

ritaw
09-02-2008, 02:26 AM
I have just finished my first ever preemie hat. It seems so small. I don't have the right size doll to model it for me.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2818402871_42d17b94b6_m.jpg

Yeahhhhhhh !:yay: . The hat is wonderful . reminds me of a strawberry!!
Newborn hats are quite small but Preemie hats are ever so tiny . .
Thankyou :hug: Sue.

ritaw
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi :hug:
Well this was my attempt at doing a ruffled hat off the top of my head lol .
It did not turn out ruffled at all but it is still a hat and i am sure it will keep a little one warm:)

momwolf
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Just kidding
Try here
http://www.touchinglittlelives.org/ellenhat.html
This might help you

momwolf
09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Cute hat Sue!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing how small they are.

ritaw
09-02-2008, 11:04 AM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Just kidding
Try here
http://www.touchinglittlelives.org/ellenhat.html
This might help you
I knew you were going to laugh lol . I will leave the designing to the experts from now on :rofl: . What was i thinking ?
Thank you for the link:thumbsup: . Mine should have looked like that lol:rofl: :rofl:

sue in canada
09-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks Momwolf and Rita. I made another last night which I will post later.
I love this pattern which I used for the pink one.

http://carissaknits.blogspot.com/2007/07/preemie-hats-for-charity.html

ritaw
09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks Momwolf and Rita. I made another last night which I will post later.
I love this pattern which I used for the pink one.

http://carissaknits.blogspot.com/2007/07/preemie-hats-for-charity.html
Thank you so much for the link Sue . She has some lovely hats on there:)

sue in canada
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Have made 2 more little hats

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3032/2823574936_cfca81a60e_m.jpg

Ben10
09-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Everyone's hats are so lovely. Momwolf i just adore your work and Sue ,your hats are so cute :)

Sis - I have finally taken a picture of my hats . They are in crochet and not knitted. I would be here forever doing a knitted one. :rofl: Luke's hat is amazing . Good for him !

Momwolf- No , i do not knit like the wind at all, i am but a beginner at knitting and go at a snails pace hahaha

There is no pattern , i just did them off the top of my head.:heart:

Ellie thanks for the nice yarn you have sent me . When i get back home i am sure i will make something lovely to wear to remind me of your kindness:hug:

ritaw
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Have made 2 more little hats

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3032/2823574936_cfca81a60e_m.jpg

You have most surely caught the hat bug Sue :rofl: . They look adorable and the flower just sets of the yellow one . Nice work my friend :thumbsup:

Everyone's hats are so lovely. Momwolf i just adore your work and Sue ,your hats are so cute :)

Sis - I have finally taken a picture of my hats . They are in crochet and not knitted. I would be here forever doing a knitted one. :rofl: Luke's hat is amazing . Good for him !

Momwolf- No , i do not knit like the wind at all, i am but a beginner at knitting and go at a snails pace hahaha

There is no pattern , i just did them off the top of my head.:heart:

Ellie thanks for the nice yarn you have sent me . When i get back home i am sure i will make something lovely to wear to remind me of your kindness:hug:
The hats are so cute Drew , I love them . Especially the beret one . :happydance:

Lovely work everyone ! Just remember that whatever you charity , be assured that your hats will help all of those who recieve them :thumbsup:

Nobones
09-03-2008, 05:51 AM
So many hats!!!!

Momwolf- I love the hearts in your hat they look great.

Rita and Sue- the eyelets in your hats are gorgeous, I'm still trying mine and the holes aren't coming out right.

Ben10- You are so welcome for the yarn, your hats are lovely. Very cleaver just doing them without a pattern. :noway: Clearly the yarn gene is strong your family!

And what have been doing?? Nothing, sorry. Trying this eyelet hat pattern and it hasn't worked very well. I will try harder, or something else!

Hope Lukey is still knitting!

momwolf
09-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Ben10 you need to teach your sister to do ruffles :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Cute hats and thanks for the nice compliments

Sue your hats are so cute:cheering:

Ellie thanks for your compliments too

Here is my latest hat for Rabbit

ritaw
09-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Ben10 you need to teach your sister to do ruffles :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
Cute hats and thanks for the nice compliments

Sue your hats are so cute:cheering:

Ellie thanks for your compliments too

Here is my latest hat for Rabbit

I love this one Julie . It is cute . :yay:
I am going to go to ruffles classes lol :aww: I am never going to live that one down :rofl:

Thanks Ellie , You are a star . xxxxxxx:yay:

sue in canada
09-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Ben10 and Momwolf, your hats are very cute. Great work.

I have to go back to working on a charity blanket now but will get back to hats again soon.

ritaw
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Ben10 and Momwolf, your hats are very cute. Great work.

I have to go back to working on a charity blanket now but will get back to hats again soon.
Hi Sue . I just love the work that you are all doing on the Canadian blankets they are so lovely . The colours and patterns you all choose compliment each other brilliantly .
:cheering:

ritaw
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi everyone:)
I hope everyone has had a good day !
I have been pretty lonely today lol . Luke went back to school after his summer holidays . It felt pretty odd not having him around today . I am sure we will get into the daily routine pretty fast though:wink:
Another hat for a good cause :)

momwolf
09-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Rita another cute hat:cheering:

I made Rabbit another hat,thought it would be good for Halloween:roflhard::roflhard:

sue in canada
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Cute hats Rita and Julie.

You missed your knitting buddy today Rita.

Nobones
09-05-2008, 04:29 AM
Rita that hat is lovely! Is the pattern easy? I've given up on my eyelet one I can't get it looking right.

Mom-wolf, it's a pumpkin! So cute!!!

ritaw
09-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Rita another cute hat:cheering:

I made Rabbit another hat,thought it would be good for Halloween:roflhard::roflhard:
Julie the pumpkin hat is brilliant and the colour is so lovely and rich .
I Just love your work :heart:

Cute hats Rita and Julie.

You missed your knitting buddy today Rita.

Thanks Sue ,
Dear sister should be on the plane now . I miss her already . It has been so much fun . Lol We still squabbled like kids though:)

Rita that hat is lovely! Is the pattern easy? I've given up on my eyelet one I can't get it looking right.

Mom-wolf, it's a pumpkin! So cute!!!

Ellie thanks so much :) It was not a pattern . I just made it up lol . Having a little more success than the ruffled one lol:rofl:

Here is one more my lovely knitting buddies :woohoo:

Nobones
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I like your ruffled one! It's a hat with ruffles on, what more do you want woman!!

Do you have a link to the spiral pattern one you did? I'd love to give that a go.

ritaw
09-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I like your ruffled one! It's a hat with ruffles on, what more do you want woman!!

Do you have a link to the spiral pattern one you did? I'd love to give that a go.

Here you go Ellie :)

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2996

momwolf
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Here are some hats for Save the children I did today because it was rainy here all day

ritaw
09-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Here are some hats for Save the children I did today because it was rainy here all day
They are lovely . I always knew that rainy days had a purpose :rofl:
It is called guilt free knitting lol:yay:
The colours are nice in that yarn . Nice work. Another 3 from you for the good cause .:thumbsup:

Nobones
09-06-2008, 05:14 AM

:heart: That yarn is just gorgeous!!! (The hats are nice too! :teehee:)

I find I'm a liking the yarns with more than one colour a lot at the moment. It looks so nice.

ritaw
09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
:heart: That yarn is just gorgeous!!! (The hats are nice too! :teehee:)

I find I'm a liking the yarns with more than one colour a lot at the moment. It looks so nice.
Verigated yarns are really nice for hats . You can do just a simple hat and the colours do the rest :)
I hope you are all having a great weekend . I took Luke to Karate this afternoon . He has his first grading in two weeks . He is so excited . I am sure he will pass . I am hoping he will double grade :)
Keep those needles clicking !:heart:

MGM
09-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I love the variegated yarn used in the baby hats above! Just beautiful. It's true using multicolored yarn makes a plain hat pattern looks extra special.

Here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/07/knit-swirl-top-baby-hat.html)'s the hat pattern I love to knit for new babies in my local hospital.

I use up leftover yarn from other projects to make them.

I also have a crocheted baby hat that is super fast and easy. You can find it here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/06/crocheted-baby-hat-take-along-version.html).

Happy Stitching!
MGM
www.HookedOnNeedles.com

ritaw
09-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I love the variegated yarn used in the baby hats above! Just beautiful. It's true using multicolored yarn makes a plain hat pattern looks extra special.

Here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/07/knit-swirl-top-baby-hat.html)'s the hat pattern I love to knit for new babies in my local hospital.

I use up leftover yarn from other projects to make them.

I also have a crocheted baby hat that is super fast and easy. You can find it here (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/06/crocheted-baby-hat-take-along-version.html).

Happy Stitching!
MGM
www.HookedOnNeedles.com (http://www.HookedOnNeedles.com)

Hi MGM .
Welcome to the thread and thankyou so much for the links:)
Your site is great . So much info. I have bookmarked it and i will take a good look later .
Your hats look lovely and i know that your local hospital appreciates all your work:)
We would all love to see any hats that you make in future :thumbsup:

ritaw
09-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Here is my attempt at the hat that Julie has made many of:)
It is my first major attempt at using dpns . Not a bad effort but i did find that there was a ladder time effect going up where i changed from needle to needle . I was making sure that i was tightening the first couple of stitches .
Not sure what i am doing wrong ?

Nobones
09-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Maybe you need to stick to hats without ruffles!! :hiding:

:teehee: Just kidding Hun, it looks lovely as always.

sue in canada
09-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Rita,

Good job using dpns. All my little hats were made like that as I hate to sew seams. Practice is all it takes. Here is a thread with talk of the ladder problems. Hope this helps.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82987&highlight=ladder+with+dpns

momwolf
09-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't see any ladders? Looks good to me.

ritaw
09-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Maybe you need to stick to hats without ruffles!! :hiding:

:teehee: Just kidding Hun, it looks lovely as always.

LOL Cheeky :rofl:

Hi Rita,

Good job using dpns. All my little hats were made like that as I hate to sew seams. Practice is all it takes. Here is a thread with talk of the ladder problems. Hope this helps.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82987&highlight=ladder+with+dpns

Thank you for the Link Sue . I will try again:heart:

I don't see any ladders? Looks good to me.
Thanks Julie :) The picture does not show the ladders but they are there . I will have to practice :knitting: :knitting:

momwolf
09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Here's the one I finished last night

ritaw
09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh my goodness ! How lovely is that one ! It is lovely . The colours are amazing in that one .:cheering:
Great hat Julie . I am sure the Shriners hospital will give them all a good home :muah:

momwolf
09-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Weird,don't know why these didn't load up on last reply:nails:

ritaw
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Your camera take great pics Julie ! I forgot to say that the way the yarn is knitted on this reminds me of camouflage :)

momwolf
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Rita go here and you can download and edit pictures
http://picasa.google.com/index.html
Some cameras just need a little help :)

ritaw
09-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Rita go here and you can download and edit pictures
http://picasa.google.com/index.html
Some cameras just need a little help :)
Ooooohhhhh you are a gem . Thanks Julie :) You are so thoughtful . :muah:
Have a wonderful day ! More rain here in the UK. I think we have had a enough . We want some sunshine :cool:

TrikkeAddict
09-09-2008, 08:21 AM

Julie, that hat is so adorable. I love the colors too. What kind of yarn is that and is there a pattern online for that one??

Thanks,
Susan

sue in canada
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
All the hats are so cute. Here is another one I finished, very plain but I like the yarn

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2842237577_5b3b786290_m.jpg

This next one is for dgd not for charity, but I thought some of you may like to see how the new Bernat Junior Jacquards knits up. I am really pleased.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2842239089_815774aedc_m.jpg

momwolf
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks Susan ,the yarn is Caron Simply Soft-color-Baby Brights Ombre and here is the pattern
http://www.warmupamerica.com/Jul06_kit.html

Rita -you are welcome

Sue your hats cute and love the new yarn

ritaw
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Everyone :)
I hope you are all well . What is the weather like where you guys are ?
Rain and more rain is the forecast here . I am like a drowned rat after two trips to the school today lol :roflhard:

Sue you hats are so cute and you are so right ,that bernat yarn has a design of it's own . Looking good your gd will love it :)

Here is another from me . I had some yarn left over from another project which i used for this one . It is nice to be able to get rid of small amounts of yarn by making something so worthwhile.:)
I am going to make a delivery to the shop at the end of next week.

momwolf
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Rita your ruffles are starting to look like ruffles:cheering:
Cute hat
Sunny here:thumbsup:

ritaw
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Rita your ruffles are starting to look like ruffles:cheering:
Cute hat
Sunny here:thumbsup:
Awww shucks , Now i am blushing :aww:
It means a lot coming from the queen of ruffles herself :)
Thanks and enjoy that sunshine :hug:

Nobones
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
This next one is for dgd not for charity, but I thought some of you may like to see how the new Bernat Junior Jacquards knits up. I am really pleased.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2842239089_815774aedc_m.jpg

Is the pattern your doing or the way the yarn knits up? If it's the way the yarn knits up, I want some of that! Colour work without the effort! Brill, I love Sue, can't wait to see it finished.

sue in canada
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Nobones: That is the way it knits up. You can see all the colours here

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=jrjacquards

Here is the baby one that I used on one of the other hats I posted

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=babyjacquards

Nobones
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
:drool: I need some of that!! Thanks for link, that stuff is gorgeous. I'll have to find some.

sue in canada
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Nobones: If you cannot find it online, let me know and I will get some for you if you really want it.

Nobones
09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Nobones: If you cannot find it online, let me know and I will get some for you if you really want it.

Thanks Sue, I have sent them an email asking if they post to the UK and if so how much. I've had a look on Ebay but couldn't see anything on there.

ritaw
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Love the colours in this one :) I used the rest of the yarn from what Mike chose for me:)

sue in canada
09-12-2008, 08:47 AM
That is really pretty Rita.

Nobones
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
That's lovely Rita, your ruffles just keep getting better.

Mike was so chuffed picking out that yarn for you!

ritaw
09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
That's lovely Rita, your ruffles just keep getting better.

Mike was so chuffed picking out that yarn for you!
Thanks Ellie :) Give a big hug and thanks to Mike :) He has good taste in yarn :cheering:

ritaw
09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone

Firstly i would just like to say that i hope everyone from Texas is ok after the hurricane :hug:
I have been busy the last couple of days running after the family , You all know how that is :)
Luke's Karate grading is next Saturday so fingers crossed everyone .
I did however have time to make this little hat .
The pattern can be found here -
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babymockcablehat.htm

momwolf
09-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Rita you're not using Picasa:nails:
Both hats are cute,and love the color of the yarn on the ruffle hat:cheering:

sue in canada
09-14-2008, 02:21 PM
That hat is really cute Rita. Thanks for the link.

ritaw
09-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Rita you're not using Picasa:nails:
Both hats are cute,and love the color of the yarn on the ruffle hat:cheering:
I forgot to use it . What a difference picassa makes . It's amazing .
Have a good day :)
Thank's Sue :muah:

TrikkeAddict
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
These are the 11 hats I knitted for Head Start. And I have to tell you, my hands are tired of knitting!!! (Also knitted 9 pairs of mittens for them, but have 4 pairs to put thumbs on yet).

I just hope that the hats (and mittens) fit the kids - I didn't use patterns because I only had size 8 needles and used double strands of worsted weight yarn. So I was just guessing about the size. Guess I'll know soon!!

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103228841.jpg I don't know how to post a picture inside my message.

Susan

ritaw
09-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Susan , They are lovely . The colours you have chosen are so nice . I love the pink and the green.:muah:
I know that it can get quite tiring to make so many hats and mittens. But maybe you could slow down just a little bit. :hug:
You have done a great job for headstart and i am sure that they will fit and keep the children warm.
I would love to see pics of the mittens on here when you have finished them. Lovely work!:hug:

These are the 11 hats I knitted for Head Start. And I have to tell you, my hands are tired of knitting!!! (Also knitted 9 pairs of mittens for them, but have 4 pairs to put thumbs on yet).

I just hope that the hats (and mittens) fit the kids - I didn't use patterns because I only had size 8 needles and used double strands of worsted weight yarn. So I was just guessing about the size. Guess I'll know soon!!

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103228841.jpg I don't know how to post a picture inside my message.

Susan

Nobones
09-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Wow that's a lot of hats. Now I feel guilty for not knitting! (I hurt my shoulder last week and every time I try and knit it hurts more, thought I'd give it a bit of rest)!

Everyone's doing such a wonderful job on all these hats and peoples colour choice has been just lovely.

Off to hide away and maybe try knitting a hat.

sue in canada
09-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Those are lovely hats Susan (TrikkeAddict). The colours are all so pretty. What kind of yarn is the multi-coloured one?

ritaw
09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Wow that's a lot of hats. Now I feel guilty for not knitting! (I hurt my shoulder last week and every time I try and knit it hurts more, thought I'd give it a bit of rest)!

Everyone's doing such a wonderful job on all these hats and peoples colour choice has been just lovely.

Off to hide away and maybe try knitting a hat.
No need to hide Ellie . Take it easy . Get that shoulder better :hug:

TrikkeAddict
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you all - you're so sweet!!!

Sue, all the yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease, the multi color is Autumn.

Susan

TrikkeAddict
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I was done knitting hats - exccept that I found I had some more yarn and decided that I should use it all. So far, I've knitted three more hats, for a total of 14. These are the 3 new ones -
http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103306676.jpg

I also finished the thumbs on the mittens for Head Start - here is a picture of all the mittens I've made for them.
http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103306664.jpg

I still have enough yarn for another 3 hats, at least - I swear it's multiplying in the bin!!! So, I'm not done knitting hats yet!!! I also have 2 skeins of red yarn that I don't think I need for the scarf I'm making myself - so I'll probably use that to make a few hats also. I should be finished in a couple of days and then I can send them all to Alaska.

I'm having fun!!!

ritaw
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, I was done knitting hats - exccept that I found I had some more yarn and decided that I should use it all. So far, I've knitted three more hats, for a total of 14. These are the 3 new ones -
http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103306676.jpg

I also finished the thumbs on the mittens for Head Start - here is a picture of all the mittens I've made for them.
http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103306664.jpg

I still have enough yarn for another 3 hats, at least - I swear it's multiplying in the bin!!! So, I'm not done knitting hats yet!!! I also have 2 skeins of red yarn that I don't think I need for the scarf I'm making myself - so I'll probably use that to make a few hats also. I should finished in a couple of days and then I can send them all to Alaska.

I'm having fun!!!
Hi Susan ,
The hats look great and the mittens are just adorable . I love them :)
They will be very much appreciated i am sure :)

ritaw
09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/image.php?u=17215&type=sigpic&dateline=1221759328

Hi everyone . This is the Any Charity Hat Thread button .
Please feel free to use this to show that you take part .
Just copy and paste in your signature :)

Happy knitting everyone :)

Nobones
09-19-2008, 06:02 AM
5 go's that took! Finally it's there!

Thank you Rita for the badge, will be getting back to knitting over the weekend. Found another DK odd ball that will be perfect for some hats.

ritaw
09-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone :hug:

I hope you are all having a great weekend .
I am a very happy mummy. Luke passed his first grading at karate and has a red tag belt . :woohoo:
A very lenthly process and i have a very sore bottom , sitting on that bench for three and a half hours lol :rofl: But well worth it to see the look on his face .

Here is another hat :thumbsup:

ritaw
09-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Here is the pic :muah:
Too much excitement has made me go all funny lol :rofl:

sue in canada
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Well done Luke. He must be so pleased.:cheering:

Another cute hat Rita. I will make some more soon.

ritaw
09-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you Sue :)
He is so happy . He did so well and it is a great achievement before his birthday next Sunday :)

sue in canada
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Not for charity but I thought you might like to see my little pumpkin hat made for a little one I know. Will post a charity hat soon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2874848427_47e6c4c9d3_m.jpg

I used this easy pattern
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/holpumpkinhat.htm

ritaw
09-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Not for charity but I thought you might like to see my little pumpkin hat made for a little one I know. Will post a charity hat soon.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2874848427_47e6c4c9d3_m.jpg

I used this easy pattern
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/holpumpkinhat.htm
Aww that is so cute Sue :) I really like it .
No problem that it is not a charity hat . We love to see everyones work .
Please feel free to post pics of your other FO's with your hats . :woohoo:

momwolf
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Luke, Way to go :woohoo::cheering:
EVERYONE'S hats and mittens are fabulous:woot:
I just started a hat,I have gotten behind :shock:

TrikkeAddict
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Rita, that hat is beautiful!!!

Sue, I love the pumpkin hat!!!

I sent a link to my pictures of the Head Start hats to a friend and she emailed back that her "charity" would like an off-white hat for winter. So on Thursday night I started knitting one for her and finished it on Friday morning in time to take it to her. It wasn't quite the right size so yesterday I decided to make another one, which I finished this morning. Then after I finished that hat this morning I made another for head start!!! And I have another one on the needles, which I should finish this afternoon. Here are pictures of the off-white hats and the 3 new hats for Head Start - making a total of 17 hats for them, so far!!! I actually made a mistake in the second off-white hat so I'll have to make another for my friend, as soon as she confirms the size is okay!! This is the pattern for the off-white hat http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28329

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103433857.jpg

ritaw
09-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Luke, Way to go :woohoo::cheering:
EVERYONE'S hats and mittens are fabulous:woot:
I just started a hat,I have gotten behind :shock:

Hi Julie , Thanks hun :) I hope the decorating is going ok ?

Rita, that hat is beautiful!!!

Sue, I love the pumpkin hat!!!

I sent a link to my pictures of the Head Start hats to a friend and she emailed back that her "charity" would like an off-white hat for winter. So on Thursday night I started knitting one for her and finished it on Friday morning in time to take it to her. It wasn't quite the right size so yesterday I decided to make another one, which I finished this morning. Then after I finished that hat this morning I made another for head start!!! And I have another one on the needles, which I should finish this afternoon. Here are pictures of the off-white hats and the 3 new hats for Head Start - making a total of 17 hats for them, so far!!! I actually made a mistake in the second off-white hat so I'll have to make another for my friend, as soon as she confirms the size is okay!! This is the pattern for the off-white hat http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28329

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/103433857.jpg

Hi and thank you :)
Your hats are beautiful the off white ones are really gorgeous. Thanks so much for the link to the pattern .
I too have quite a few hats at home at the moment . I will have to deliver them soon:)
I have just completed my blanket for Kimmie's compassionate KAL , which i have to post soon .
Here are pics.

sue in canada
09-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Very nice Rita. Did you crochet around the edge? That is what I want to do but I just cannot get the hang of it.

ritaw
09-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Good day to you Sue:)
Thank you so much . Yes, I did do a crochet border. i just did to double crochet 6 times and then 1 single crochet 1 time all the way around. Then i embroidered a flower in each corner .
I am glad you like it :)

momwolf
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Rita got my hat done:cheering:I love how this yarn makes it's own pattern:woohoo:. It's called Bernat Baby Jaquards.Color is called Boys and Girls.
I add a little keep sake to my blanket too.

ritaw
09-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Rita got my hat done:cheering:I love how this yarn makes it's own pattern:woohoo:. It's called Bernat Baby Jaquards.Color is called Boys and Girls.
I add a little keep sake to my blanket too.

What a gorgeous hat Julie . :yay: Lovely yarn:)
The blanket is adorable and the little keepsake really adds the finishing touch. It is very sweet Julie:hug:

sue in canada
09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Great hat Julie. I love that yarn. It is very soft and comes in such pretty colours. I think it would also be great for children's and baby socks.

momwolf
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks Rita & Sue
Sue good idea!! How about a sweater? I wonder what this yarn does knit in the flat? I'm gonna have to try it out:teehee:

sue in canada
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Julie: I knitted mine in the round but I am going to visit a friend today who has knitted hats from the Bernat patterns on the bands. They are knitted flat, so I will let you know.

ritaw
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Hello my fellow knitters :) I hope you are all ok :hug:
I came across a site that want miniture hats to put on smoothie drinks bottles. For every drink sold with a hat on the company and Sainsbury's who will sell them will donate 50p to Age Concern , which will help provide meals and blankets ect to the elderly in the uk.
I have come across this only today and the deadline is the 17th October . So it will be finished soon. But i thought i could make a few and send them a week before the deadline. It gives me two weeks:)
Here is the link for details and patterns
http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/thebigknit/

This seems to run every year ,so i must keep an eye out for it for next year.

Also here is another baby hat :)
Julie ! I knitted this in the round on the circs:) Thanks !

momwolf
09-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Rita, Nice job with the circulars:cheering: Cute hat and what a interesting charity.Would be fun knitting all those tiny hats.And what a good cause!!

sue in canada
09-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Julie: The Jaquard yarn knits up into a really pretty pattern knitted flat also. My friend has made several. This pattern is adorable, looks much cuter than on the label
http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2994

Rita: I have seen those tiny hats mentioned on the UK forum. So cute, they are like little egg cozies.

sue in canada
09-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Here are 2 little hats I made for charity

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2889120989_e68be68703_m.jpg

momwolf
09-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Sue ,Thanks for the info and your hats are so cute:cheering: I may have to knit a baby sweater with this yarn:teehee:

ritaw
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Here are 2 little hats I made for charity

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2889120989_e68be68703_m.jpg
SUe , they are so cute . I love the one for square one . We have not had one in that shape yet . So that award goes to you for making the first one :yay:

Julie - a sweater in that yarn sounds like it would look just adorable :)

ritaw
09-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi One and all :)

One more . It is in a bigger size . I kindly used Luke's head for show hahahaha:rofl:

momwolf
09-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Cute hat Rita.:cheering:Kindly thank Luke for modeling for us:teehee:

sue in canada
09-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Pretty hat Rita. Cute model too.

ritaw
09-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Cute hat Rita.:cheering:Kindly thank Luke for modeling for us:teehee:
Thanks Julie and Sue :) Luke is too funny sometimes . He said if it was blue it would be ok. LOL the style is a girls beret :rofl:

ritaw
10-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Hello :)

Sorry i have not been on much this week. It has been a bit hectic to say the least .
The Vaccum cleaner broke and then the washer/Dryer . Thankfully i got new ones yesterday . :yay:
It is so weird . I did not realise how much i rely on both these things everyday .

Anyway ! enough about me , how is everyone :)

Here is one more :hug:

ritaw
10-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Just thought i would share . Although this is not for charity i thought you might like to see them . :hug:

sue in canada
10-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Love them Rita.

ritaw
10-09-2008, 02:22 AM
:hug: Hello Everyone ! Sorry i ahve been a bit quiet but i have been just run off my feet these last few weeks.
I just wanted to HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister . I am not too sure if she will see this anytime soon as she is not very well . But she will see it when she does log in when she is better.
Happy birthday sis :) Get better soon . Love you loads:hug: :heart: :hug:

sue in canada
10-09-2008, 08:38 AM
:balloons: Happy Birthday Ben10. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

ritaw
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Hello .

I had to share my latest FO. Which is a scarf and hat set that i have made for me . :cheering:
It is lovely . The yarn is caron simply soft and thanks to Julie for sending it to me quite a while back in the year . :hug:
I waited for the ideal project and this was it . :woot:

momwolf
10-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Rita, Glad I sent you the yarn because your hat and scarf are BEAUTIFUL :woot:And you are welcome, anytime you want more CSS yarn just let me know:teehee:

ritaw
10-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks Julie :) They will be keep me warm and cozy and i will think of you every time i wear them xxxxxx

momwolf
10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_7_104v.gif And I will think of you every time I http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_8v.gif

ritaw
10-14-2008, 02:28 AM
You really crack me up ! I have only just got up here an you have made spit my coffee out hahahahahaha. I just love those smilies :)

Nobones
10-14-2008, 02:53 AM
Hi Rita, sorry I've been away for so long. Not due to ill health this time but being addicted to a new game Mike bought us. Guitar Hero 3! :inlove: I think I may be addicted and thus my knitting has suffered. I haven't touched it! But the good news is I have got top score on a few of the songs!

Achem, anyway....Your scarf and hat look gorgeous and so soft! I love the sheen on the caron yarn.

Momwolf I love the baby walking across the bottom of your signature! She' so funny!

momwolf
10-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Rita or you could wear your new hat when you go http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_3_210.gif
Glad I can make you two laugh first thing in the morninghttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_215.gif

ritaw
10-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Hi Ellie :)
LOL You are a naughty girl ! I just hope you do not go bosyeyed playing that game all the time :rofl:
Now ! I want see some serious knitting from you young lady . Do not make me travel all the way down there to check up on you :roflhard: :roflhard:

Julie - You always make me smile but i spat my coffee all over my freshly ironed t-shirt this morning , so i had to change lol :muah:
Ok! Here is a blue plain hat . I will be dropping off more hats at the cancer shop this weekend .

sgtpam
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm with the rest...luckily, I'd already finished my coffee. Where'd you get the happiness fairy? I need it!

ritaw
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm with the rest...luckily, I'd already finished my coffee. Where'd you get the happiness fairy? I need it!

Hi Pam :)
I am just hoping the stains will come out :roflhard: And if they don't , Well! who cares . I had fits of laughter first thing in the morning and it set me off for a wonderful day .
Thanks Julie :heart:

momwolf
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Pam-Sorry I don't remember where I got him,When I find stuff I just copy it and save it in my clip art folder.Forgot I even had him till today when I was looking for something new to add to signature.

Rita- Stains can be a pain and you can always buy a new blouse but giving laughter to a friend is priceless.

Nobones- I thought the baby was hilarious too.:teehee:

Glad everyone had a good laugh this morning :hug:

ritaw
10-15-2008, 07:42 AM
[quote=momwolf;1162940]

Rita- Stains can be a pain and you can always buy a new blouse but giving laughter to a friend is priceless.

Nobones- I thought the baby was hilarious too.:teehee:

Glad everyone had a good laugh this morning :hug:[/quote

Well ! A new blouse it has to be then :thumbsup: :hug:

Nobones
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
So do I get this right Momwolf, Rita supply's you with chocolate and you supply Rita with Caron yarn? Bloody good deal that! Need some more sugary supplies?! :wink:

momwolf
10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Ellie,
Me turn down chocolate http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_18.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_9.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_28.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_1.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_8.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_8v.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_15.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif
Just tell me what you want:woohoo::woohoo:

ritaw
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OMG Ellie ! What have you done ? You have unleashed the chocoholic monster:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Love those smilies :thumbsup:

sue in canada
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Rita, I hate to tell you this but after 6 months without I am now eating some chocolate again. Nothing like the chocoholic that I was but now it is starting to tempt me again.

ritaw
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Rita, I hate to tell you this but after 6 months without I am now eating some chocolate again. Nothing like the chocoholic that I was but now it is starting to tempt me again.
lol Sue , I may have to change the name of this thread to Chocoholics Annonymous Charity hat thread :roflhard:

momwolf
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
6 months with no chocolate http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_13.gif couldn't do it:passedout:

ritaw
10-17-2008, 02:14 AM
6 months with no chocolate http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_13.gif couldn't do it:passedout:
You start getting withdrawal symptoms after 6 minutes :roflhard: :roflhard:

momwolf
10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Here is the info on the US Knit One Save,Save the Children campaign...I will be sending hats to this charity:woohoo:

Please help if you can:hug:
http://www.savethechildren.org/publications/knit-one-save-one/KO-SO-Action-Kit-final-web.pdf
http://www.savethechildren.org/programs/health/child-survival/survive-to-5/knit-one-save-one.html

ritaw
10-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Thank you so much for the link Julie :) I will make some and start posting them .
The campaign runs till Dec 31st . So i will be able to make a few .:)

momwolf
10-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks Rita:woot::cheering:

ritaw
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Here is one for the Knit one, Save one campaign in the USA.:)Thanks again for the button Julie :)
Have a great weekend everyone :)

momwolf
10-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Cute hat Rita:cheering:

I have made a new button with different words if you want to change you can.

ritaw
10-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I have changed the button . xxxxx

momwolf
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Yahoo was down :tap:,so I made another hat :cheering: It is suppose to be a really dark purple, but my camera wants to make it blue:nails:

ritaw
10-21-2008, 02:29 AM
The hat looks lovely and warm . :) I know what you mean about cameras . It happens a lot when i am taking pics of purple or lilac. It always shows them in Blue.
But nonetheless Your little hat is a gem :) xxxxx

ritaw
10-23-2008, 07:06 AM
This one is for the Knit one Save one (USA) :)
I did this one in garter stitch . Just for a change :thumbsup:

momwolf
10-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Cute hat Rita:cheering: Now keep on knitting like the wind :roflhard:

ritaw
10-28-2008, 03:32 AM
One more ! :)
This one came out a bit big , so it will be going to the oxfam shop along with others that i make to raise funds .

momwolf
10-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Cute hat Rita.:cheering:You know one good thing about knitting hats is they will always fit somebody :teehee:

ritaw
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
You are so right Julie . There is always a head somewhere that will fit it lol:)

st.tropez
10-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I have been knitting hats for soldiers (specifically helmet liners) for a few years and this year I would like to knit simple hats or touques for navy officers.

Does anyone know of any organizations that services the Navy within Canada or the US; or if they have a contact that they can connect me with. The hats I've knit so far are a simple k2, p2 ribbed hat in navy blue.

As with any work done for the troops, this is not a political campaign so regardless of how we may feel about the war, it's about helping out the men and women who are out there and risking their lives.

I would hate to think that only the soldiers are getting hats and the seamen are being left out!:knitting:

ritaw
10-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Hi st.tropez,
What a wonderful thing to d by knitting helmet liners . I am sure that men who recieved them, appreciated them.
I am a UK resident and i am not sure about organizations within Canada or the US that service the Navy.
I will try and see what i can find on the internet but in the mean time maybe someone from the US or Canada will be able to provide us with the information.:)
I would also suggest you post this question in the Questions section of the forum so more people will see it .

st.tropez
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks Rita, I appreciate your help and will follow your suggestion about posting in the general section.

McKnitty
10-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks Rita, I appreciate your help and will follow your suggestion about posting in the general section.

I also replied to your post in General Knitting. I thought I'd reply here too.

http://www.theshipsproject.com/

ritaw
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Thank you McKnitty for the Link :)

thecatsmother
10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I've made loads of hats but none for charity...this site inspired me.These are for Coats for Kids

momwolf
10-30-2008, 06:38 PM
If you post your charity hats in The Any Charity Hat Thread you will have more fun and people will see them more:cheering: We'd love to have you post your hats there:hug:
They are sooooooo cute by the way:cheering:

Jan in CA
10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Or I can move this to What'cha Knittin' where we share our FO's of any type. I can also move it to the Charity Hat thread if you let me know which one. Let me know!

thecatsmother
10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Please Jan move it to the charity hat thread,that was where I started out but I had problems posting the pic and then......I guess....senior moment?...... I ended up in a new thread.
Thanks

ritaw
10-31-2008, 03:21 AM
Hi Marie,
Your hats are adorable.:) I like the selection of colours and they look ever so warm.
You are doing a wonderful thing and many children will be kept warm.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jan and Julie :)

McKnitty
10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you McKnitty for the Link :)

You are so welcome! I hope this helps st.tropez.

ritaw
11-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Here is another hat . :woot: I have slowed down a bit because i am doing the mini socks and trying to get some xmas gifts knitted to .
Have a great weekend everyone :hug:

Nobones
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
:hiding:

Hello! Sorry everyone for my absence I've had a lot going on (not guitar hero this time!!) Haven't done much other than talk about knitting and felt it was time I gave my butt a good kicking and get something done. But something small!

So here we go, a hat for the American STC. I wondering if it maybe a bit too small, but I think it will be ok,. It fits on a doll I have here. This hat finished off the lilac I had so I now get to start on a new colour which will be nice.

momwolf
11-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Nobones--It's about time you got back on here:tap:
We have missed you:teehee: Cute hat,I wouldn't worry about size as the babies are smaller over there:teehee:

Rita That is a cuuuuuuute hat:yay:

ritaw
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Ellie your hat is lovely . I love that shade . I am sure it will fit a newborn . Do not worry . :)
No need to apologize for your neglecting us lol:roflhard:
(just kidding ) We have all got other things on the go too. No need to stress. The thread is here for when we do hats . It is not here to put pressure on us to make them all the time . :hug:
Thank you for posting your lovely hat :thumbsup:

sue in canada
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Cute hats Rita and Nobones.

momwolf
11-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Here are 2 hats I made for Bobbiknits for the homeless in Nebraska.I will make some more today while I rest after a big turkey dinner:woot: Happy Thanksgiving everyone:hug:

ritaw
11-28-2008, 07:33 AM
They look great Julie and very very warm too. :) Great work !

TrikkeAddict
12-02-2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/106619251.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/soozin/image/106182173.jpg

ritaw
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Susan ,
Well! You have been busy ! They are beautiful ! I love them all. The shades of pink you have used are really nice too. Thank you for sharing your work with us .
I know that these hats will be very much appreciated :)

ritaw
12-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi Everyone ,

It seems like forever since i last posted a hat on here . I have been really ill with a virus and i have done no knitting for nearly two weeks .
I am getting better everyday and i have made a little hat that will go to the school to sell at the fete to raise money for the school and the children :)

TrikkeAddict
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Rita, so sorry to hear that you were ill, but happy that you're feeling better!!! Your hat is adorable!!! Some day I need to figure out how to make one like that.

Susan

ritaw
12-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks Susan :)

The pattern is a free pattern from the bernat website called Ruffled hat :) It is done on two needles and is really easy .

momwolf
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Rita your hat is adorable:yay:Nice color too:hug:
I sent out my hats for the homeless in Nebraska and forgot to take pictures of the other ones I did :doh:I sent 4 hats out.
Glad you are feeling better:hug:

Susan your hats are adorable too:yay:

ritaw
12-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks Julie :hug:

I am sure your hats were lovely and will be keeping someone very warm this winter :heart:
Job well done !xx

ritaw
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
One more . This one and others i will do will go to Chase Farm hospital :)

momwolf
12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Cute hat Rita:yay:

momwolf
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
This is for my grandson Evan.My first time with Intarsia and backwards knitting.Thomas the Train needs to have eyes and and port holes and bumpers embroidered yet. I hate to embroider so I might try Puff paint instead.

ritaw
12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Well ! I think you have done an amazing job . Looks great ! I know Evan will be over the moon .
My son never did get into Thomas . LOL and i am thankful for that hahahaha.

XXXXX

knitandpurl520
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I am currently knitting a easy hat for a small preemie. It is knit flat, 1" of ribbing and then 3.5-4" of s st. Then close the hole and sew the seam. I absolutely HATE ribbing. Too much work. Lol. Great hats, Momwolf, and I will post a picture of mine when it is finished!:-P

ritaw
12-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi and welcome to the thread :) We look forward to seeing your finished hat which i am sure will look lovely !
It has been so quiet on here at the moment as we are all busy with Xmas .

I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!

Love to all xxxxx

momwolf
01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I finally got Evan's hat done,I had to frog and knit it over:wall:,but I finally got it done.I couldn't get the eyes right so I just glued wiggly eyes on.
Rita hope your holidays were joyous :hug:

ritaw
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi Julie :)
Evans hat looks amazing ! You did such a wonderful job on it .
Thanks and i hope this year brings you and your family everything that you all wish for:)

ritaw
01-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone !
I hope you are all ok :) Now the holidays are over , here are two hats .

sue in canada
01-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Cute as always Rita.

thecatsmother
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm still slugging away using up my stash yarn,every time I finish a hat I record the amount of yarn used.

sgtpam
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Soooooooooo, what is y'all's suggestion for the simplest, first time hat? I want to try my first "in the round" project and thought a small hat would fit the bill. I've never done in the round but have the needles and want to start with HL's Baby Bee yarn I have in pastel-varigated.

Suggestions?

MGM
01-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Soooooooooo, what is y'all's suggestion for the simplest, first time hat? I want to try my first "in the round" project and thought a small hat would fit the bill. I've never done in the round but have the needles and want to start with HL's Baby Bee yarn I have in pastel-varigated.

Suggestions?

Hi Pam, don't know if you are looking to knit or crochet, but here's a very simple crochet baby hat (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/06/crocheted-baby-hat-take-along-version.html) that takes about 2 hours to make. It is crocheted in the round.

And here's a knit baby hat (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/07/knit-swirl-top-baby-hat.html) that is also a great stash buster and could be knit in the round if you wanted to, although the instructions are for flat knitting.

Have fun!

MGM

sgtpam
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Pam,
And here's a knit baby hat (http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/07/knit-swirl-top-baby-hat.html) that is also a great stash buster and could be knit in the round if you wanted to, although the instructions are for flat knitting.

Have fun!

MGM

I need a knit one...but, I don't know how to change it from flat to in the round. Thanks

ritaw
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm still slugging away using up my stash yarn,every time I finish a hat I record the amount of yarn used.
Your hats are all lovely ! You have been busy :) I love the assortment of colours too.
I agree that hats are a great stash buster . But i always seem to end up with more yarn than i did when i started lol :roflhard:

ritaw
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Suggestions?
Hi Pam ,

I have found this one which is a beret type baby hat but it is done in the round but has very simple increases and decreases to get the shape .
http://spindlesandspices.blogspot.com/2008/06/stripey-baby-beret-pattern.html

sgtpam
02-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Do you wash you're hats/scarves before you send/donate them?:think:

ritaw
02-04-2009, 03:41 AM
To be honest if i have a deadline then i do not . But if i am making them for the local charity shops or hospitals then i do wash them .
I know that hospitals tend to wash them anyway , depending what unit they are going to.
It is up to you . You do not have to if you do not want to.

Germaine
05-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Yesterday, 10:53 PM #1
Germaine
Casting On

THE WIGGINS HAT PROJECT

Dr. Michael Wiggins, 48, of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA, husband of Dr. Doreen Wiggins, recently and suddenly passed away while on vacation in Colorado with their 5 children. Dr. Doreen Wiggins is a prominent OBGYN on staff at Women & Infants Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. http://www.projo.com/news/content/SP...7.378d202.html

As a gift to Women & Infants Hospital, in Dr. Doreen Wiggins’ name, in memory of her late husband, Dr. Michael Wiggins, The Slater Mill Community Guild Studios in Rhode Island, is sponsoring “The Wiggins Hat Project,” which includes knitted or crocheted hats for preemies and full-term babies, as introduced by a member of KNIT HAPPENS, a Rhode Island knitting group.

If any readers of this post would like to contribute one, two, three or more hats, it would be greatly appreciated!

The yarn has to be soft acrylic yarn (machine washable and dryable)and the hats, seamless preferred, cannot have pompoms (per W& I Hospital). They can be any size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra-large, preemie or full-term.

The deadline is June 7, 2009. Hats can be mailed to The Wiggins Hat Project c/o Knit Happens at 986 Hartford Avenue, Johnston, RI, USA 02919.

This gift will surely thrill Dr. Doreen Wiggins and her children at this most tragic time while benefiting the babies at Women & Infants Hospital!

If anyone wants to contribute and/or has any questions, please reply here or email me at K1T2@Khppens.com.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND GENEROSITY!:hug:

Germaine
05-12-2009, 05:13 PM
The link to the newspaper article in my initial post on Dr. Wiggins expired. Here is the new link:
http://www.projo.com/news/content/wiggins_cause_of_death_04-15-09_2HE1Q2N_v10.35cec53.html

ritaw
05-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks for posting here as well Germaine . I am making one as we speak . . :) Keep us updated with any more info and hopefully some more kind knitters will make a few .

Germaine
05-13-2009, 08:26 AM
That's awesome. Thanks so much!

Germaine
05-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Here's a link to the news video on Dr. Wiggins:

http://www.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/article/ri_surgeon_dies_on_chairlift/12299/

ritaw
05-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you for that . Being in the UK i did not see or hear of this . What a lovely man . I feel for his family .
I hope more people join in to help this cause . .

dolphie2
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I have enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful knitted hats. I knit hats for Lei.org.za in South Africa. Lei = Life Evangelism International. We can knit any baby clothes or little toys but at the moment she has asked me to knit some hats for children so they can take them to the childrens ward. I love knitting hats because they are quick & easy to make. I am dolphie2 on Ralvery if you want to look at my project photos.

MamaJeane
11-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey Guys, I don't have the technology to post pictures, yet, but I will it have soon. When I do I will show the Chemo Caps I knit and crochet for "Knots of Love". We use only super soft yarns, such as Caron Simply Soft, or Lion Brand Cotton Ease, or other soft, silky yarns. I find it immensely gratifying - you should read some of the Thank You cards we get. Will post pictures soon.

ritaw
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Guys, I don't have the technology to post pictures, yet, but I will it have soon. When I do I will show the Chemo Caps I knit and crochet for "Knots of Love". We use only super soft yarns, such as Caron Simply Soft, or Lion Brand Cotton Ease, or other soft, silky yarns. I find it immensely gratifying - you should read some of the Thank You cards we get. Will post pictures soon.
Hi ,
I am sure that once you get to posting pictures , you will post everything . It is such great fun .
Well done for knitting for such a great cause . I know that they will be appreciated .
I have been busy with life and family for the past few months , so have not knitted any hats myself this year .
Please post pics when you can . We would all love to see your wonderful work :)

lovemyknitting
12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I made these two hats for the local church to give to families in need. Every year I knit something (hat, mittens, socks, scarf ect) for a girl and something for a boy. this year it was a hat!

ritaw
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I made these two hats for the local church to give to families in need. Every year I knit something (hat, mittens, socks, scarf ect) for a girl and something for a boy. this year it was a hat!
They are lovely ! What a great cause too . I am sure they will both go to a good home :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :present:

kitkaty
01-03-2010, 09:45 PM
is this pattern available???? thanks