PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the push, ritaw!

StefannyJo
08-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Due to ritaw's post, I got brave and attempted to teach 4 yo to knit, well that meant I had to do it with the 3 yo also!! It was so much fun. We got our little mantra going and they did really well. The 3 yo only held one needle and I helped the 4 yo steady her needles when she wrapped her yarn around. I was impressed at how well they did especially on the small needles I had (size 5's)

I think I might have some future knitters! Thank you ritaw for the encouragement! I really enjoyed that time with my little ones.

ritaw
08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Due to ritaw's post, I got brave and attempted to teach 4 yo to knit, well that meant I had to do it with the 3 yo also!! It was so much fun. We got our little mantra going and they did really well. The 3 yo only held one needle and I helped the 4 yo steady her needles when she wrapped her yarn around. I was impressed at how well they did especially on the small needles I had (size 5's)

I think I might have some future knitters! Thank you ritaw for the encouragement! I really enjoyed that time with my little ones.

Oh ! i am so happy that you had a great time . It is a lovely feeling when you them doing it.
And 3 and 4 they are fantastic for doing it and not losing concentration.
Hooray for the knitters of the future :)
Glad my advice helped :hug:

susi
08-23-2008, 08:15 AM
there great fun to teach at this age, ds is 5 and we have been playing with needles for about a month, he's making grandad a scarf, its 10st wide, but sooo cute.

they are good n small needles for an ickle one. ds is on 6mm i think. he hasnt doen it in a while, but its for grandad for christmas lol

good on you for more recruits for the habbit :woot: