PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mason!

figaro
08-26-2008, 08:07 PM
I am watching Extreme Truck Stops and am wondering if you have been to the Iowa 80 one? Looks HUGE! I asked my brother but he does not do long hauls, he is up in CA near the OR border.

Knitting_Guy
08-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Yep, the Iowa 80 is one of my favorite stopping places.

It is huge, biggest truckstop in the world. Kind of like a trucker's shopping mall.

And of course there's a sports bar across the street :mrgreen:

When my last girlfriend would go out on the road with me on her vacations she always wanted to stop there so she could shop. She loved that place more than I do. :roflhard:

figaro
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
There is another one in Belfield, ND called Trappers Kettle, it has a western theme to it. It looks real relaxing and for those people traveling with horses, you can put your horse in one of the horse stalls! And lots of dead animals on the walls and mounted everywhere.

Knitting_Guy
08-26-2008, 09:18 PM
There is another one in Belfield, ND called Trappers Kettle, it has a western theme to it. It looks real relaxing and for those people traveling with horses, you can put your horse in one of the horse stalls! And lots of dead animals on the walls and mounted everywhere.

Yep, off I-94. Been there too

suzeeq
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I've been to the one in Iowa too, spent the night in the Motel6 next door.

Debkcs
08-27-2008, 03:04 AM
I've been to them also, you can get some great deals and fairly decent food.

You can also be taken for a Lot Lizard if you walk around looking for your truck for too long . . . :roflhard:

suzeeq
08-27-2008, 08:59 AM
You can also be taken for a Lot Lizard if you walk around looking for your truck for too long . . . :roflhard:

That depends on how you're dressed I think....

Knitting_Guy
08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Sad, but true. A small percentage of truckers make us all look bad.

Lucy78green
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
what's a lot lizard???

Debkcs
08-28-2008, 03:00 AM
A lot lizard is a prossie, usually the most methed out, used up ones, who hang around truck stops.

I couldn't find my truck one night after my partner decided to move it while I was showering, and three different guys flashed their dome lights at me. It wasn't funny at the time, but several days down the road it was.