PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU Get Knitting Daily TV?

Arielluria
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I keep seeing the Knitting Daily TV (http://www.knittingdailytv.com/) emails. Does anyone see these on their TV? What channel(s)? Are the shows good enough to order the season(s) on DVD?

momwolf
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
All I know is it's on PBS channel,But it's not on mine:tap:

cdjack
08-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes, it's on PBS and we don't get it here in the DFW metroplex either.
My lys started a petition that went out to all the Knitting Guild members, but I don't know what happened. My lys is going to show the episodes on DVD at a knit-night coming up soon. I'll let you know what I think.

Mirl56
08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
It's not on the 2 PBS channels in my area either.

brendajos
08-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I have checked all the PBS stations even remotely near me and NONE of them have it. Some of the area knitters contacted the most local station and they said the cost for it was too high. They couldn't afford it.
THAT ticks me off because the show is nothing but advertising for IK since it is their show. It makes no sense for them to price themselves out of the market when they could advertise their stuff all day long on the show FOR FREE! :wall: :wall:

feministmama
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Don't have in Portland OR either! Who has this darn show????:??

scout52
08-28-2008, 12:53 AM
We don't have in San Diego either and a bunch of us here emailed PBS to get it as well.

Jan in CA
08-28-2008, 01:01 AM
No! :wall:

Simply_Renee
08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
It's not on our PBS either. :-(

sue in canada
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
I wonder where it is actually on. I checked when I was in WA, not there. We get Buffalo, NY PBS and not there either.

Cynamar
08-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I have never watched it but I think I get their newsletters.

kellee0302
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
not on my PBS station either out of Albany, NY.

knitgal
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm beginning to think no one has it!

I heard somewhere that individual stations get to choose whether they show a specific program, so each PBS would be different. Seems like very few of them picked it up.

We get the Buffalo PBS, like sue, and it's not here sadly enough.

tgwillis
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
We don't have it here in NE GA

Here is a link to their page with all the listings.

http://www.knittingdailytv.com/content/schedule.aspx

Mystery_Gyrl
08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, after reviewing the comments section of the Knitting Daily TV web site; it would appear that they are at least airing in Pittsburgh, PA on WQED and in Watertown, NY on WPBS or WNPI. I think it would be interesting if they listed what areas they are being aired in, rather than you looking up to see if they are airing in your locale. To bad they aren't like quilterstv.com which shows some programming over the web.
Katrina

Jan in CA
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I think it would be interesting if they listed what areas they are being aired in, rather than you looking up to see if they are airing in your locale.

They do.

http://www.knittingdailytv.com/content/schedule.aspx

stacyk9
08-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Not on mine either here in Southeast Missouri. I wrote to my PBS station asking about it and they said they were not currently going to offer it and then asked me for a donation!!! Uh, I don't think so.

cdjack
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, it appears that I'll have to move to Austin, Lubbock, Midland, or Harlingen in order to watch the show. :teehee: It seems to me that most of the stations that are carrying the show are smaller TV markets.

Abbily
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I haven't remembered to watch it yet, but we do get it here in Austin on Saturday mornings.

Spokaloo
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
We get it in Eastgern Washington! It airs on Saturday at 10:30 on KWSU which is a PBS station on the campus of Washington State University (WSU) in Pullman, WA. I'm in Spokane and we get it via cable. I've only seen it once, but I liked it a lot better than Knit and Crochet Today!

dustinac
08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
It says it comes on in my area...but I've been trying to keep an eye out for it and haven't seen it yet...I'll have to see if it does come on tomorrow as listed :thumbsup:

Mike
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
If it is on it is more likely to be on one of the digital channels, mainly Create.
Most cable companies do not carry the local digital stations. So if you have cable you would have to switch between broadcast and cable.

My local isn't carrying it either. They're pretty poorly run. They've bounced Knit and Crochet Today around so much that I can't find it any more.
They've filled their Create channel with a bunch of fake cooking shows, you don't even learn to cook or get any realistic recipes, rather you get to see chefs eating.

outdoordrea
08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't have TV where I live, but even if I did, this show isn't on anywhere near me. I wish I could rent the DVD from Netflix, but it doesn't show up there, either. The only choice is to buy it. Not in my budget at the moment.

Plantgoddess+
08-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I live in the Spokane area and I can't get it. I don't have access to cable so am on satellite and they don't carry it on the KWSU or KSPS channel the satellite company carries.

Arielluria
09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
So I see season 1 is available on DVD (http://www.interweave.com/knit/dvds/Knitting-Daily-TV-100/) for $40 (13 episodes). For those who have seen it, is it worth it? I'm always looking for good Christmas gift ideas for hubby! ;)

knitpurlgurl
09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I get it in the Pittsburgh area.. I actually left a comment on their website about the show. I think the experts they have are all wonderful, but they cram like 4-5 segments in the 20 minutes they have. First, they spend about 2-3 minutes explaining who is sponsoring the show.. Then, they explain what you'll see in the show (another minute or two). Then, they start with one host who introduces either the WEBS or Yarn Market rep (they're literally in EVERY show) and talks about what yarns would work for the day's topic. Then they move on to another host who shows you ANOTHER product-placed rep and a few neat looking designs. Then they spend about 3 minutes 'showing' you how to knit an entire skirt by knitting upside down(camera is facing their body, not behind them) and knitting all of one row. Then they move on to another host.. and then to the last host. Then they spend a few minutes wrapping up the show by explaining what you've seen and heard. Then they spend another couple of minutes thanking their sponsors and guests. It's very jumpy. There's no real time to teach any one method. They are so focused on getting 4 different views: knitting, crocheting, spinning/weaving, embellishing all in EVERY show, that they leave no time for the hosts to really explain any one technique adequately. Also, having the camera face them while the knit ends up showing as upside down and backward to the home viewer. This is really unhelpful to the newbie or adv. beginner knitter.

I miss Knitty Gritty. Ya, some of the designs were a bit out there. I mean, I would never knit a sushi TP cozy.. but the techniques were well taught and the knitting cam was well placed. They took you through a project start to finish. IT was more well rounded.

Okay, rant over.

Jan in CA
09-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Apparently we are finally going to get it next week! :thumbsup: Keep checking because it does change.

Arielluria
09-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I miss Knitty Gritty. Ya, some of the designs were a bit out there. I mean, I would never knit a sushi TP cozy.. but the techniques were well taught and the knitting cam was well placed. They took you through a project start to finish. IT was more well rounded.

Okay, rant over.Thanks, I appreciate the in-depth analysis. Doesn't sound like something I want to spend money on.

BTW, Knitty Gritty is now on HGTV Friday mornings 6:30am EST. Check it out! I was missing it too since I don't have DIY anymore. At least it's something! I started a thread on KH about this yesterday: KG on HGTV (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1156686).

Ronda
09-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure, but I *think* it's on my PBS station at 6 a.m. on a Sunday. I'm not up at 6 a.m. on a Sunday.