PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Rinses???

dejamo85
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I would like to know what yarn washes/rinses everyone uses. I knit with yarn that I know is pretty dirty. I would like to use something while I block but I am lost when it comes time to choose. I have a baby on the way, so I need something gentle.
Any thoughts on using a yarn wash/rinse with bamboo/merino blend (80-20)?

OTN
Lacy baby tank dress
UGG baby booties
Fair Isle Christmas stocking
Cable mittens

daisyjane
09-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Check out "what do you was with", alot of good info. I use Euculan, but looking forward to SOAK. I have never tried it, but I read somewhere, if you have sensitive skin Ivory Snow is great.

Good Luck!

Lady Violet
09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I have a bottle of SOAK in the flora scent. I've only used it twice, but I like it. Although, the second time I used it was on a yarn that had a very distinct, strong "smell" to it. I'm not quite sure what it smelled like. Gorgeous yarn, but I'm not crazy about the smell. Anywho, the SOAK didn't get rid of it 100%. I'm thinking that's the yarn and not the SOAK. The first time I used it was on a Mmmmmmalabrigo scarf. Worked beautifully and I think the very light scent went well with the pink colorway.

debb
09-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Knitter's Review just reviewed Unicorn and I've linked to Clara's previous article
http://www.knittersreview.com/article_how_to.asp?article=/review/profile/010125_a.asp