PDA

View Full Version : Knitting/Fiber-Related Shows

knitpurlgurl
09-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Now that Knitty-Gritty has been cancelled (officially) and is scarcely on - what knitting or fiber-related shows do you watch or TiVo?

KnittinMitchie
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
if you get up early or record it Knitty Gritty is on Friday mornings at 6:30am and my DVR records it every Friday morning. Also on DIY network there is Uncommon Thread.

McKnitty
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Now that Knitty-Gritty has been cancelled (officially) and is scarcely on - what knitting or fiber-related shows do you watch or TiVo?

I am SO sad that Knitty Gritty isn't on anymore! It doesn't come on at all in my area, unless perhaps a different cable company carries it. I have been recording Uncommon Threads, which is interesting but not much knitting.

Thank goodness I still have some old episodes of Knitty Gritty that I recorded. I wish it would come out on a DVD set!

knitpurlgurl
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I am SO sad that Knitty Gritty isn't on anymore! It doesn't come on at all in my area, unless perhaps a different cable company carries it. I have been recording Uncommon Threads, which is interesting but not much knitting.

Thank goodness I still have some old episodes of Knitty Gritty that I recorded. I wish it would come out on a DVD set!

I know - I did a search a while back to see if it was on DVD and apparently it's not. What a total bummer! I've tried watching Knitting Daily TV on PBS with Shay Pendrey (sp?), but it just isn't very good. The segments are about 2 minutes long with no real instruction on how to do anything. The hosts just zip through scripted lines and then tell you to give it a whirl at home. What a disappointment. At least with Knitty Gritty Vickie had her guests go step by step through each phase of the project. The projects weren't always something I would knit personally - but I learned a lot of techniques. AND it was interesting none-the-less.

stdwynwen
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear KG got cancelled. It's what got me into knitting in the first place.
I just can't believe DIY totally took it off the air. They don't even want to air repeats?

I tried to watch 'Knit and Crochet Today' on PBS (the host the is actress from the Soap Opera 'One Life to Live') but she has some host idiosyncrasies I can't get past.

knitpurlgurl
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear KG got cancelled. It's what got me into knitting in the first place.
I just can't believe DIY totally took it off the air. They don't even want to air repeats?

I tried to watch 'Knit and Crochet Today' on PBS (the host the is actress from the Soap Opera 'One Life to Live') but she has some host idiosyncrasies I can't get past.

Ya - like the fact that she's super annoying?! I'm with ya!

Spokaloo
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Oh, thank goodness! I thought I might be the only one who thought that! I really wanted this program to be good and the subjects were presented fairly well, but that hostess just would not be quiet and let them step through the projects! :?? I was especially disappointed in the program on socks! She never let the guest explain how to turn the heel properly!!:hair:

Whew! I feel better now! Thanks for letting me pull out my little soapbox! :wink:

Spokaloo
09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Just checked the Knit and Crochet Daily website and new episodes are scheduled to begin this month and they have a NEW HOST: BRETT BARA, Editor in Chief of Crochet Today magazine! She was a guest on the show several times and I found her very personable and interesting! She should give the program new life!

Check out the website here (http://www.knitandcrochettoday.com/index.html). They have a pretty good overview of the last season's programs and the projects they showed.