PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Since I started this, I will cast on and start the rotation. Please let me know if you want to be a part, and we can start with 1 and see where it goes. I will give details once I get some knitters on the list!:yay: :muah:

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Yay! Thanks Susan! :)

I'll be glad to start one too, because I'm allergic to pets. I can't work on it after you all. I'll call mine "Grapevine", and it will use purple, green, and brown yarns.

gmmarton
01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
I would love to work in acrylic on Grapevine. Please add me to your list. Thanks!! :) :) :)

spanky51
01-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Please add me to your list. I have a huge stash of acrylics and would love to help out. Thanks

sgtpam
01-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Sounds good to me...add me to either one....what colors are you going to start with Mulderknitter?

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Sandy, can you email or pm me the card printout you use for the blankies?
I think I want to start with all variegated yarns. I know we have all picked up some lovely looking colors that have hidden in our stash because they are acrylic, so we can start with that.
So far we have:
Grapevine:
Shandeh
Gmmarton
traceleighj
spanky51
Hugs & Snugs
traceleighj
spanky51
sgtpam

Secksiebrat
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Please add me to one of the pet snuggles. Where ever you need me is perfectly fine!

~danielle~

sgtpam
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I think I want to start with all variegated yarns. I know we have all picked up some lovely looking colors that have hidden in our stash because they are acrylic, so we can start with that.
So far we have:
Grapevine:
Shandeh
Gmmarton
traceleighj
spanky51
Hugs & Snugs
traceleighj
spanky51
sgtpam

I think you forgot somebody... Aren't you starting Hugs & Snugs??:teehee:
Or is there a 3d one already........:rofl:

Shandeh
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM

I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the snuggles. Is that what you're referring to?

I also include an instruction sheet with the snuggle. And I add a simple greeting card for us all to sign our names and the state we live in. (The card goes to the animal shelter, showing where the snuggle travelled during it's creation.) The blanket, sheet, and card are all placed in a large ziploc bag, and mailed to the next knitter.

Will you be managing the list of knitters for the acrylic blankets, Mulderknitter?

misha rf
01-04-2009, 01:18 AM
OOOH!! I wanna play!! Please?! :muah:

Mulderknitter
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I think you forgot somebody... Aren't you starting Hugs & Snugs??:teehee:
Or is there a 3d one already........:rofl:
It was getting late when I typed that up. :roflhard: yup, I'm on hugs n snugs.
Updated:
Grapevine: (purple, green, brown)
Shandeh
Gmmarton
traceleighj
spanky51
Mulderknitter
Hugs & Snugs (variegated)
Mulderknitter
traceleighj
spanky51
sgtpam
Secksiebrat
Snuggle Buddy: (blues)
Mulderknitter
MishaRF

Thanks Sandy for the advice on the xcel spreadsheet. I have no problem managing this one on my own. You already have a bunch, and it was my big idea! (didn't realize it would take off like that!):muah:
Each blanket needs 5 knitters, so I'll just keep starting them as we get more people to knit. If you want to be on more than 1, or a specific blanket, or have an idea for one to start, just let me know. Don't worry about how soft the yarn is for this one, it'll get washed a lot! Also, if you have a talent for finishing borders and would like to be the last knitter to finish the blanket off, just let me know.
:muah: :woohoo:

jdee
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I'll be happy to join the fun. I have tons of acrylic.

Mulderknitter
01-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I'll be happy to join the fun. I have tons of acrylic.
Thanks Jdee! I'll put you on Snuggle Buddy after MishaRF if that's ok:muah:

Mulderknitter
01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Here is a pic of the 1st Acrylic snuggle:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture259.jpg
It is made with Red heart in variegated and solid blue held together:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture260.jpg

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks Sandy for the advice on the xcel spreadsheet. I have no problem managing this one on my own. You already have a bunch, and it was my big idea! (didn't realize it would take off like that!)
Thanks for handling them! :hug:
You're right....I already handle a LOT of these projects. And, there are always SO MANY wonderful knitters, ready to take on our charity projects. It's a great thing! :thumbsup:

Let me know if I need to send a sample spreadsheet to you.

Also, if you have a talent for finishing borders and would like to be the last knitter to finish the blanket off, just let me know.
Just so you know, we aren't doing borders on the cotton snuggles, because the blankets are already the size requested by the Snuggles Project guidelines. And they seem to look pretty good without a border. But, of course, you're welcome to do whatever you want. :heart:

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Here is a pic of the 1st Acrylic snuggle:
It is made with Red heart in variegated and solid blue held together:
Great work on getting the first snuggle started!!! :cheering:

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Just so the rest of you know, Mulderknitter is now handling the acrylic snuggles, and there is a good response! :)

I'll continue handling the cotton snuggles.
Here's our updated blog:
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

Mulderknitter, feel free to make a blog for the acrylic snuggles if you want to.

KnittinMitchie
01-05-2009, 01:31 PM
i still need to knit my section of the blanket I got before Christmas. I got sick then Christmas came then i got sick AGAIN!! I can't catch a break lately.

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Poor Christine!
Take your time, because you're the last knitter on that snuggle. When it's finished, you can donate it to an animal shelter in your area. :hug:

Mulderknitter
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
:waving: Hi friendly knitters!
I will not be creating a new blog, at least at this moment, for the project, but will be including updates on my current blog, found in the signature of my posts. I do have a running excel sheet of where we are on the blankets, so I will try to post regular updates here of where we are and who is coming up next.
I still need 2 more knitters for "Snuggle Buddy" (blues) if anyone wants to be on that one.
:muah:

jdee
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
"Forever Friends" is on its way to the next knitter. :) PM me if you'd like a conformation #

Shandeh
01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Good luck, Susan! :muah:

sakura-panda
01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm intrigued and I have quite a stash of Red Heart Super Saver yarn that I don't know how I want to use. My colors are "Light Coral", '"Dusty Teal", "Grey Heather" and maybe "Soft Navy", "Rose Pink" and "Light Periwinkle". (I'm getting these color names off of the Knitting-Warehouse website. :) If I'd update Ravelry like I keep saying I want to, I wouldn't be guessing what I have. :doh: )

If I have the navy and/or the light blue, I'd like to sign up for the blues (I wonder how they would look knit together?); otherwise I'll just watch for a group that better matches my stash.

I have both a dog and a cat, who they are not allowed anywhere near my yarn, including when I am working on it. I don't know if that makes a difference to the allergy affected (probably not :pout: ) but I wanted to mention it.

I'm a new knitter and do not have much experience with binding off or borders (I'm still struggling with weaving in ends :blush: ); however, I can do a basic crochet border if needed. (Not really volunteering but letting you know that I probably could finish it off. I haven't been following the other oddball threads, so I'm not sure what the finished blankets usually look like.)

Shandeh
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Katie! :waving:

I'm sure that Mulderknitter will be happy to use your knitting on our snuggles! They can be made with ANY color yarn, actually, because the homeless pets are not critical about color choices. They just want to snuggle on the blanket.
cloud9

And I don't think you'll need to worry about allergies either. Everyone else in the group has lots of pets. (I'm the only allergic one, so I just START snuggles.) :thumbsup:

Be sure to send a private message to Mulderknitter, with your name and mailing address, so she can add you to the list of knitters.

Mulderknitter
01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi and welcome Katie!
You can use whatever yarn you have around that is acrylic. That is why I started this blanket group. I have tons of acrylic that I don't know what to do with because a coworker of mine gave me 5 trashbags full after her mom died. I donated some, but kept some too.
I'd be happy to add you to Snuggle Buddy for some blue. You just need to hold the 2 strands of yarn together and knit as if they are one. I can put you on as the 3rd knitter, so you don't have to worry about binding off the bottom or weaving in ends. And we are actually not worrying about a crochet border, as the blankets are already the right size :woohoo: (I can't crochet at all).
I don't think any of us have allergies except for Sandy, so she just starts one when she has time:knitting:
You can send me a PM with your name and address and I will add you to the list!
Thanks again!:waving:

DJBug
01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
So call me clueless, but I plead new knitter to account for my ignorance. (Of course, as a new knitter, I also don't yet have much of a "stash" to pull from.) What exactly are pet snugglers? I kinda gleaned that you're making something (a small blanket?) for pets in shelters, and I would love to contribute to something like that (especially if the knitting doesn't have to be perfect--I do pretty good, but still a newbie). So could somebody clue me in with more details so I can decide if I want to "sign up"? Maybe there's a link?
Thanks
DJ
:??

Mulderknitter
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
:waving: Hi DJBug!
A pet snuggle is basically a small blanket for pets. They are called "oddballs" because a bunch of knitters work on it from what they have in their stash, and it kinda/sorta matches but it's nice because it's all different and nothing is perfect! It's a great way for a newbie to learn! All you do on these pet snuggles are the knit stitch for 5 inches, everything comes in the mail to you with the blanket already started on the needles from the other people, keep everything on the needles and send it in the mail to the next person. You don't have to bind off or weave in ends because it goes in the mail for the next person to work on!

You can look at previous posts in this forum for an idea of what they look like, or on the 2nd page I posted a picture of the one I started just a few days ago.

You can feel free to join in if you want, and contact anyone of us via this forum or pm me if you get the blanket in the mail and are confused. Otherwise, you can also feel free to "watch" along with the thread to see if you are interested. We also make a point of contacting the next knitter in line when the blanket is ready to go off so that they are ready, and if they have too much stuff going on to work on the blanket, we just send it to the next person, so no one is obligated to work on it if it's their turn and they have too much other stuff going on.
Hope that helps!:muah:

Mulderknitter
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Just wanted to say welcome to our new Acrylic pet snuggle knitter-Sakura-Panda!:waving: :muah:
You will be the 4th knitter on Snuggle Buddy, I forgot to add myself to the list :roflhard: It will be started sometime this week

DJBug
01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
(I thought I already posted a reply, but I don't see it anywhere, so sorry if I end up double-posting)
This sounds like fun to me; of course I'll have to go buy some acrylic yarn--gives me an excuse to go shopping!
I really like working with variegated yarns, but am willing to do whatever--let me know so I know what to pick up next time I head out to the craft store. Oh, and what weight--worsted? (showing my beginner-ness again!)
(I'm assuming at some point someone will ask for my address to be able to send the project to me....)

Looking forward to adding to a blanket.....

Shandeh
01-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Worsted weight is correct! :thumbsup:

Some of our knitters like to wait until they get the snuggle in their hands, and they take it to the craft store to choose a color that will work well with it.

Oh! And we sometimes include little treats to the next knitter. (tea, coffee, candy, notecards, candles, yarn, knitting notions) Makes things even more fun! :heart:

Mulderknitter
01-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi and welcome DJ bug!:muah: I will be casting on Snuggle buddy this week and will start another one probably shortly after. (dunno, reds??? haven't done reds yet???) Would you like to work in blue's or another color scheme? You can do variegated in blues if you want for Snuggle buddy, or you can do anything that goes well with it. Like Sandy said, sometimes I wait to get the blanket from the knitter and take it to the store to see what will go well. You will just need 2 strands of worsted weight yarn held together, and you will be set!
If you want to work on snuggle buddy just let me know, i will do a bit of rearranging so that you won't be the last knitter on it.
Please pm me your address and what blanket you want to be on, and I will get you on the list! Don't forget, we are always here (always, really, I work on a computer at work and constantly check this site :roflhard: ) to answer any questions you might have.
:waving:

sakura-panda
01-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Just wanted to say welcome to our new Acrylic pet snuggle knitter-Sakura-Panda!:waving: :muah:
You will be the 4th knitter on Snuggle Buddy, I forgot to add myself to the list :roflhard: It will be started sometime this week

Thanks! I'm looking forward to working on my first oddball. :happydance:

Secksiebrat
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I received 2 pet snuggles today! BUT I don't know what their names are!

1. is the blanket I'm finishing, it came from someone in Parix, Tx (I didn't want to say her real name).
2. is the blanket that came from Spikey. I will be the 2nd knitter on this blanket.
Thank you to both ladies for the 2 skeins of yarn I received. I just love getting new yarn!

I hope this isn't too confusing for you shandeh!

~danielle~

PS. Please forgive me, but are there any color/themes I need to be aware of for either of these blankets? Blame it on the pregnancy but I seem to be forgetting everything! :)

Spikey
01-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I sent you Whiskers Wooby. Sorry that I didn't put in an instruction sheet, but I can email you one if you want to PM me your email address.

No particular color scheme for this one. Glad you like the yarn!

Mulderknitter
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Danielle-i believe the first one you got was from JDee? she is in Paris, Tx. The name of that blanket is forever friends. I wonder if there are cards in either of those blankets that have the names of the blankets on them? If there aren't do you think you could throw one in or write the name of the blanket on the cards???
Thanks for updating!:muah:

Mulderknitter
01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
:woohoo: We have another new knitter! DJBug is officially on Snuggle Buddy!
I have reordered the snuggle buddy blanket a bit so that our new knitters (or new to the oddballs) don't have to cast off or weave in ends. If this new order doesn't suit you, please let me know.
Snuggle Buddy:
Mulderknitter (casting on)
DJBug
Jdee
Sakura-panda
MishaRF

If anyone is adverse to ending the blanket, I can just put myself as the last knitter, and donate to Feline Rescue http://www.felinerescue.org/ here in MN. They are a no kill/foster/shelter program for cats and kittens and if you are a longtime member you may remember the saga of the 5 kittens and mama that I found under my porch. That is the organization that took in and found homes for all of those poor guys. If you are a knitter that wants to donate, I would urge you to seek a program that values your beliefs in animal humaneness. Even shelters that are not no-kill need help too!

Thank you everyone for helping me with this project. I have been blessed by my two snuggle buddies Mulder and Itchy, and I thank you for helping me pass those blessings on!:muah:

jdee
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, I sent the one from Paris, Tx. I'm glad you got it.

Also, I got Pampered Pets today. Thanks for my yarn!

Secksiebrat
01-08-2009, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't mind being an end knitter at some point in time (future blanket is perfectly fine). I'll be donating the blanket to the best friends organization in utah.

They do the tv show dogtown on natgeo and they took in 22 of the michael vick dogs. They are a no kill shelter and just a wonderful group. I have a blanket I will be finishing up from the cotton snuggles that will be headed there soon along with some homemade catnip toys and hopefully a parrot sweater or two!

~danielle~

sgtpam
01-08-2009, 10:19 PM
... and hopefully a parrot sweater or two!

~danielle~

I've never seen a parrot sweater :??

...don't forget to post a picture!

sakura-panda
01-08-2009, 10:35 PM
If you are a knitter that wants to donate, I would urge you to seek a program that values your beliefs in animal humaneness. Even shelters that are not no-kill need help too!

I looked on that website linked in the cotton snuggles thread and the local shelter that I got my beagle from is listed. :thumbsup: I'll be happy to finish one sometime in the future, but before I take that on I want to try one and see how I manage that first piece. :knitting:

sakura-panda
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Also, I went through all of my yarn tonight (my stash isn't huge, but I don't have any plans for any of it so it is something that needs to be managed) and I found I do have partial skeins of Country Blue and Soft Navy. (Not the colors I guessed earlier. :lol:)

I don't have a lot of the Country Blue left -- I weighed it on my little scale and came up with 68g (includes sleeve). Any idea if that is enough? I'll have to check and make sure somebody carries it so I can run and buy a skein when my turn is up, if I need to. :)

Shandeh
01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Yippee!! Our snuggles are on the MOVE! :cheering:

Please forgive me, but are there any color/themes I need to be aware of for either of these blankets? Blame it on the pregnancy but I seem to be forgetting everything! :)
Thanks for the message, Danielle!
Neither of those snuggles have a color scheme. Just a free-for-all. Use up those little bits of cotton yarn! :)

Secksiebrat
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Sounds great! They are next up on the list after I finished the two baby blankets I've got! Hopefully by the end of next week the one snuggle will be ready to move!

~danielle~

Secksiebrat
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Best friends has asked for parrot sweaters b/c these birds usually come from homes that have been stressfull/neglectfull. The birds tend to pull their feathers out (it's a reaction to the stress/neglect). There is a really easy pattern someone came up on ravelry. I'll just be using that simple pattern to knit up a couple to send along to help the birds. It's a good way to use up more of that acrylic yarn!

~danielle~
www.bestfriends.org (http://www.bestfriends.org)

Mulderknitter
01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Also, I went through all of my yarn tonight (my stash isn't huge, but I don't have any plans for any of it so it is something that needs to be managed) and I found I do have partial skeins of Country Blue and Soft Navy. (Not the colors I guessed earlier. :lol:)

I don't have a lot of the Country Blue left -- I weighed it on my little scale and came up with 68g (includes sleeve). Any idea if that is enough? I'll have to check and make sure somebody carries it so I can run and buy a skein when my turn is up, if I need to. :)
I really don't know :?? Maybe just wait and see when the blanket comes your way. I know it's not a lot used, but I couldnt' really guess as to the amount.

Mulderknitter
01-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't mind being an end knitter at some point in time (future blanket is perfectly fine). I'll be donating the blanket to the best friends organization in utah.

They do the tv show dogtown on natgeo and they took in 22 of the michael vick dogs. They are a no kill shelter and just a wonderful group. I have a blanket I will be finishing up from the cotton snuggles that will be headed there soon along with some homemade catnip toys and hopefully a parrot sweater or two!

~danielle~
I watch dogtown on nat geo all the time! that sounds like a great idea!:yay:

sakura-panda
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I really don't know :?? Maybe just wait and see when the blanket comes your way. I know it's not a lot used, but I couldnt' really guess as to the amount.

That is my plan, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :thumbsup: Thanks! (Can you see I'm anxious to get started? Is this how all first-timers feel? :lol:)

Mulderknitter
01-09-2009, 12:03 PM
That is my plan, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :thumbsup: Thanks! (Can you see I'm anxious to get started? Is this how all first-timers feel? :lol:)
I did! Glad your'e ready to go! :muah:

sgtpam
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks! (Can you see I'm anxious to get started? Is this how all first-timers feel? :lol:)

Yes, it is! I was very excited and anxious to get my first one. And that's nothing...wait till you see it in your mailbox! Now, that's a sight to come home to after a hard day at work :teehee:

I'm waiting on my second one now...either this one or one of the cottons...whichever gets here first!

:woohoo:

Mulderknitter
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
hugs n snugs went off to TraceleighJ today, Spanky51 is next! I'm so excited to see my snuggles on the move! :woohoo:

Shandeh
01-09-2009, 11:28 PM
You GO girl! :woohoo:

jdee
01-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, it is! I was very excited and anxious to get my first one. And that's nothing...wait till you see it in your mailbox! Now, that's a sight to come home to after a hard day at work :teehee:

That's exactly how I feel. I love getting packages in the mail, but I don't have tons of money to order yarn. This project is a way for me to get my packages without having to spend the money.:)

traceleighj
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
That's exactly how I feel. I love getting packages in the mail, but I don't have tons of money to order yarn. This project is a way for me to get my packages without having to spend the money.:)

I know. It's fun to get mail that isn't a BILL!!!

Shandeh
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree! It's so cool to see a package from a KH friend. :heart:

Mulderknitter
01-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Snuggle Buddy is started and ready to go off to DJBug... yea another blanket on the move!:muah:
I will be casting on another blanket sometime this coming week, I was thinking all reds/burgundy-ish colors. I am calling it "Critter Cozy"
I will need 4 more knitters for critter cozy... anyone want to be on the list???

jdee
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I'll knit on Critter Cozy. I have plenty of reds.

Mulderknitter
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll knit on Critter Cozy. I have plenty of reds.
Thanks JDee! I'll let you know when she's ready to go. It's been super crazy around here, if you check out my blog you'll see I have been working on a baby set that turned out to be the wrong color (ultrasound was wrong) so I'm knitting lots and trying to keep my sanity at the same time!
And just to let everyone know, I like to have a color theme to the blankets, but this is absolutely not set in stone. It is just a start. If you have some yarn and want to knit, just let me know. There are many ways we can help out. You can knit iin another color which is totally fine, (animals don't care) or we can send you some yarn if you want to keep with the theme. NO WORRIES AT ALL! The charity blankets are so that we can help out, not stress or worry in any way at all. If you in any way want to help out but are anxious about sharing with the group that you don't have the yarn, just pm me. :yay: :muah:

traceleighj
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
hugs n snugs is done, but with the snow tonight (it took over an hour to get home) I am in for the night to do laundry and knit (I know, fun right?) DH is still over an hour away and he left 2 hours ago!! Soon, I will be too hungry to wait for him for dinner. So, with that being said, I will send it out this week(Thursday at the latest as I am on vaca that day) and let you know when it is on the way!

Shandeh
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Hang in there, Tracie! Think happy, warm thoughts. :muah:

traceleighj
01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Hang in there, Tracie! Think happy, warm thoughts. :muah:

Thanks Shandeh! I was good until about 8pm- DH walked in the door as I was pulling dinner out of the oven:woohoo: The drive into work this am stunk though lots of ice and idiots driving too fast. Thank goodness for the back roads :figureditout:

Mulderknitter
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
We got out of work early on monday. When insurance companies close, you know it's bad!:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I have not gotten to the post office yet. It's been so cold here I haven't wanted to go anywhere! I will get it out definately by friday, sorry for the wait DJBug!

Shandeh
01-15-2009, 08:54 AM
We got out of work early on monday. When insurance companies close, you know it's bad!:roflhard:
:teehee: I can vouch for that statement. I used to work for Aetna. We were ALWAYS open. :roll:

mckane19020
01-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi,

I'd love to work on pet snuggles. Pretty much my entire stash is acryllic as I'm allergic to wool so I have a variety of colors. I have a ton of cream yarn if that fits into any of the color schemes.

Thanks

cheley
01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I'd love to work on pet snuggles. Pretty much my entire stash is acryllic as I'm allergic to wool so I have a variety of colors. I have a ton of cream yarn if that fits into any of the color schemes.

Thanks Yea, me too..:?? just saw this link...How do you start???

Mulderknitter
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi Mckane and cheley!
All you have to do is pm me your address and if you have a preference for a blanket you want to be on. Right now we have knitters for all but Critter Cozy, but I will be casting on more blankets as soon as I have some time :roflhard: The blankets are made with 2 strands of worsted acrylic held together, so the color possiblities are endless!
cheley-I believe cream yarn will fit into ANY of the color schemes, if that helps.
Welcome to acrylic oddball knitters!:muah:

traceleighj
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I have not gotten to the post office yet. It's been so cold here I haven't wanted to go anywhere!

I can back that up and second it too! The high yesterday was -6 with a -25 windchill. Do you know what that equals? A cold day you know where! I am on vacation today and tomorrow and I am saving all of my errands for tomorrow when I go out I will do EVERYTHING. Including the USPS.

DJBug
01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
NP....it's been pretty cold here, too. Unfortunately, babies are born no matter what the weather, so I still have to go to work--labor & delivery just doesn't close!
Let me know when you do send it so I know when to look for it!

Mulderknitter
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I have added Mckane19020 and Cheley to Critter Cozy. The order for critter cozy is
Mulderknitter
Jdee
Cheley
Mckane19020
We need 1 more knitter for critter cozy! I will be starting it this weekend and hopefully get it out to Jdee this coming week.
I am also missing a few addresses for people, if you could pm me so I have them ready for when it's your turn:
Shandeh, TraceleighJ, Gmmarton, and SgtPam. :muah:

traceleighj
01-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Mulder- Sent you a pm.
I am going to the USPS tomorrow to mail Hugs n Snugs. Will provide tracking tomorrow.:p

sgtpam
01-17-2009, 12:07 AM
I sent you a p.m., too.

Mulderknitter
01-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I have all of your addresses now except for Sandy!
Please continue to post here when you mail or recieve a blanket, I like to keep track of them. And if you are last and decide to donate, please let me know so I can keep track of that as well:yay:

gmmarton
01-17-2009, 01:37 AM
I have Sandy's address...I will pm you in the morning, unless she responds first.

Shandeh
01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! I have all of your addresses now except for Sandy!
Please continue to post here when you mail or recieve a blanket, I like to keep track of them. And if you are last and decide to donate, please let me know so I can keep track of that as well:yay:
:roflhard:
I'm so BAAAD!!! :teehee:

I'm sorry I haven't sent you the spreadsheet yet, Susan.
Please forgive me. :pray:

Gail, thanks for sending my address. You all are great at keeping things rolling. :thumbsup:

gmmarton
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
And you, Sandy, are so wonderful at keeping us inspired! :yay:

Mulderknitter
01-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Snuggle Buddy went out to DJBug today!:muah:

DJBug
01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll keep a look-out for it!

Shandeh
01-17-2009, 11:02 PM
And you, Sandy, are so wonderful at keeping us inspired! :yay:
cloud9 Thank you for the love! :muah:

traceleighj
01-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi!
Hugs N Snugs was mailed on Saturday to Spanky 51. Tracking info is:
0308 1400 0001 6010 7504

I forgot to take a picture.....:hair:

Secksiebrat
01-20-2009, 05:20 PM
I finished up whisker wooby today! It's ready to move to the next knitter. I plan to mail it tomorrow! I'll try to post a picture later!

~danielle~

DJBug
01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I got Snuggle Buddy yesterday. Will pick up my yarn on my way to work tomorrow (need to wait for the paycheck....went to IKEA on Monday and, of course, overspent our budget:shrug: .....good thing we limit our trips to 3-4 times a year! :teehee: )

Were there supposed to be instructions? Like the next address to send it to? Other than that, I'll be all set once I get my yarn tomorrow....will keep you posted when I'm ready to send it along.

Mulderknitter
01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't have the instruction sheet set up yet. Basically do the same as the person did before you, 5 inches of garter stitch w/ 2 worsted weight yarns held together. When you are done with your section, you can pm me or post here and I will contact the next knitter.
Thanks!:waving:

Shandeh
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Sorry Susan! That's ANOTHER thing I forgot to send to you!
:doh:

I've attached the instruction sheet here, as well as the greeting card you can use with each snuggle.

Just make changes to the document as you want. :hug:

Shandeh
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
This morning, I finally finished the first section of "His Majesty".

I'll post a photo tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

Mulderknitter
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
DJBug-feel free to print out that instruction sheet and put it in with the blanket. I am sorry that I forgot about that.
Sandy-Thank you! I actually took a picture off the pet snuggle website and created our own card for the blankets. Go ahead and include this one though for the one that you are starting. No big deal.
:muah: Thanks everyone for being patient while we get these first blankets sorted out!

jdee
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I finally made it to the post office today. Pampered Pets is on its way to Spikey.

Mulderknitter
01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi:waving:
Just another quick note while our project gets started. You CAN, but you don't HAVE TO include a special "treat" or "present" for the next knitter on the blanket. Some people like to send some special yarn, some tea or coffee, a candle, etc. Nothing big, or expensive, just a nice thank you for being on the project. But in no way should anyone feel obligated to do so. Just being a part of the project is present enough for us!
If you are going to include a present or treat, could you please include a small note letting the next person know that you are including that for them? I'm guilty of the no note when in a rush to get to the post office, but we should try to make sure our wonderful knitters know that when we do include a goodie it's for them to enjoy!:muah:
Because I didn't have the instruction sheet when starting this project, if you have a blanket that doesn't have one/only has the card to sign, if you could be so kind as to print one off if you can and include it when you mail it to the next knitter? This might be a pain and I really apologize for not having that set up at the get-go, but I sure would appreciate it.
And if you ever have questions when you get your blanket in the mail, please pm me! :waving:

DJBug
01-23-2009, 09:53 PM
NP, I'll add the letter to Snuggle Buddy. Already started the knitting (ok, just one row, but I had to see how the yarn was going to look before I headed to work tonight!).

Shandeh
01-23-2009, 10:58 PM
:muah: Thanks everyone for being patient while we get these first blankets sorted out!
Thank YOU for handling them! :hug:
Sorry I sent you off into the frontier without all your tools.
I'm glad you're fully equipped now.

I'll try to send you some knitting needles when I find some on sale. :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Thank YOU for handling them! :hug:
Sorry I sent you off into the frontier without all your tools.
I'm glad you're fully equipped now.

I'll try to send you some knitting needles when I find some on sale. :thumbsup:
I've been trying to get some deals off ebay, but keep getting outbidded:pout: It's not estate sale season yet, so I am just hoarding those coupons!:knitting:
Dont' worry about the late post of the instructions. We've worked it out, we're a smart bunch!:thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
01-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Because I'm Mulderknitter, I thought I would post an inspiring pic of my cats for our lovely charity knitters. This is Mulder, he is 13 years old now, has diabetes that requires 2x a day insulin shots, but he smacks down the kitten of the house like the best of them. This pic was taken on Thanksgiving this year, we were all chilling out, Mulder chilling like the best of 'em
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture242.jpg
Go ahead and post some pics of your animals!

Shandeh
01-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Yippee! :)

As promised, here's a photo of "His Majesty". It doesn't look very regal yet, but I'm sure it will look better as it grows.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3412/3217237386_a8137be9bd.jpg

Shandeh
01-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Mulder! :heart:

jdee
01-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Mulder looks like the king of his castle. :roflhard: He's such a handsome fellow.

BTW, I have a size 10.5 plastic circular needle that I'd be happy to donate to the cause. Would you like me to start a snuggle with it, and send it on?

Mulderknitter
01-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Mulder looks like the king of his castle. :roflhard: He's such a handsome fellow.

BTW, I have a size 10.5 plastic circular needle that I'd be happy to donate to the cause. Would you like me to start a snuggle with it, and send it on?
Feel free to! You can use the templates that Sandy linked in here and just include those with the blanket when it's ready to go. Go ahead and post the name or pm me and we'll see who's ready to be on the list!
I am starting Critty Cozy today, it might be ready to be in the mail come monday.

jdee
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
It'll probably be next week when I start it. I'm in the middle of a hat that I promised to make for my nephew.:)

Shandeh
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I've finally taken a step in the right direction. I chose the yarn I'm using to start the "Grapevine" snuggle. :roll:

Mulderknitter
01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I've finally taken a step in the right direction. I chose the yarn I'm using to start the "Grapevine" snuggle. :roll:
That purple is the reason I have so much acrylic! It's so pretty!:muah:

gmmarton
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Whiskers Wooby arrived in CT this afternoon. The timing is perfect, as I am currently inbetween Oddball Projects. I will try and finish it up quickly so that it can be mailed out later this week.

Thanks! :cheering:

Shandeh
01-26-2009, 03:21 PM
It is definitely a bright and happy color. :)

Mulderknitter
01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Hugs N Snugs went off to SgtPam today from Spanky51!:muah: :woohoo:

jdee
01-26-2009, 06:33 PM
I started the new snuggle with a brown varigated color. I'm not sure what to name it, so I'm open for suggestions. I couldn't open the card and instruction sheet. Could you PM or email them to me?

Mulderknitter
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't think you can pm attachments, but if you pm me your email address I will email them to you.
Thanks for getting started!

Spikey
01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Pampered Pets arrived today. Thank you, jdee, for the lovely goodies! :muah:

jdee
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
You're very welcome. :muah:

gmmarton
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I have finished my section on Whiskers Wooby. I have a snow day today, so won't be going out, but should get this in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

Shandeh
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't think you can pm attachments, but if you pm me your email address I will email them to you.
You can PM some attachments, but not all of them.

jdee
01-29-2009, 05:02 PM
The snuggle I started went out to Mulderknitter today.

sgtpam
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
I started the new snuggle with a brown varigated color. I'm not sure what to name it, so I'm open for suggestions. I couldn't open the card and instruction sheet. Could you PM or email them to me?
How about "Bear Hugs"?:hug:

Mulderknitter
01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Brilliant!:muah:

sgtpam
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
:woohoo: :woot:
"Hugs 'n Snugs" was waiting when I got home from work today! Double great because the last time I got an oddball blanket to work on it was in my mailbox and I looked there first....no snuggle there :sad:
....but, wait.........what's that on my doorstep? Could it be ........YES.....there it was when I drove up the driveway!!:happydance:

Spanky51...Thanks for the nice yarn surprise--you're right it's a pretty color and REALLY soft:hug: :blooby:

I'm off to find yarn for my contribution. I'll post a pic as soon as I find that thingy I need to download it from my phone....:out: :X:

Mulderknitter
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi knitters!
Just checking in to give you all an update on our blankets!
Jdee has just sent me "bear hugs" which I should receive soon and need 3 more knitters for, also Critter Cozy needs a last person, so if anyone wants to finish and donate a blanket let me know!
I hope to cast on another blanket this weekend when things aren't so hectic around here :hair: if anyone is interested in another one as well.:muah:

traceleighj
01-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Mulder- Throw me on one of them :cool: - either one is fine...

jdee
01-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I love it! :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
01-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Mulder- Throw me on one of them :cool: - either one is fine...
I'll put you on Bear Hugs, thanks!:muah: You'll be right after me after I finish it. Gives us an excuse to go drink expensive coffee and knit!:yay:

traceleighj
01-30-2009, 11:46 PM
I'll put you on Bear Hugs, thanks!:muah: You'll be right after me after I finish it. Gives us an excuse to go drink expensive coffee and knit!:yay:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I sure like that!!!!! One can never have too much coffee!

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Sound the alarm! I actually finished the first section of the "Grapevine" snuggle! :woohoo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3479/3240332632_0ffb81f17f.jpg

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Slow Shandeh is back with another report. :)

I got "His Majesty" boxed up and ready to mail. Now, I just have to wait until I can afford to mail it! Ha! :teehee:

I just paid our house payment today, and that wiped me out. I have 6 packages sitting here, ready to go. So, next week after I teach a few piano lessons, I'll take them all to the post office.

In the meantime, I've been knitting up a storm. I finished the first section of THREE pet snuggles this week. (One of them is an acrylic snuggle for Mulderknitter's group.)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3380/3239494127_36a00c1a63.jpg

The bottom two snuggles are "My Prince" and "Sweet Princess".
:cheering:

sgtpam
01-31-2009, 12:36 AM
I got "His Majesty" boxed up and ready to mail. Now, I just have to wait until I can afford to mail it! Ha! :teehee:

Ready when you are!!
:happydance:

gmmarton
01-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Am I next for that, Sandy?

Mulderknitter
01-31-2009, 11:31 AM
I do have you next on the list for Grapevine:waving:

Mulderknitter
01-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I sent out Critter Cozy to Jdee today, they said it should be there Monday!:muah:

sakura-panda
01-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm still waiting to get my first one to see how long it takes me and how well it goes before I commit to any more. :)

However, if you end up with a blanket that is waiting for a volunteer, you can go ahead and send it to me. I'm getting impatient. :teehee:

I can even finish Critter Cozy and drop it off at the Humane Society of Livingston County (http://www.h4ha.org/shelter-directory/index.php), which appears to accept Snuggles Projects. (Their description includes "We would love to receive the Snuggles! They would certainly be put to good use.") I've never been there -- I live at the very edge of the next county -- but they are not far from me. You just have to tell me what I need to do to finish it off. :)

Mulderknitter
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Sakura!
Right now you are 2 people away on Snuggle Buddy:
Mulderknitter-done
DJBug-working on it
Jdee
Sakura-panda
MishaRF
I can also put you after TraceleighJ on Bear hugs. I know Tracie moves pretty fast when she gets her part, so it shouldn't be too long! :muah: How does that sound?

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Last night, I finished the first section of "Her Highness". :cheering:
(no photo necessary, because it looks EXACTLY like "Sweet Princess".)

Now, I can get to work on some other Oddball projects. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 07:45 PM
I do have you next on the list for Grapevine:waving:
Thanks, you two!
If you'd like, I can send it to sakura-panda instead.
Just say the word. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Sakura!
Right now you are 2 people away on Snuggle Buddy:
Mulderknitter-done
DJBug-working on it
Jdee
Sakura-panda
MishaRF
I can also put you after TraceleighJ on Bear hugs. I know Tracie moves pretty fast when she gets her part, so it shouldn't be too long! :muah: How does that sound?

That sounds good to me! Thanks!

sakura-panda
01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks, you two!
If you'd like, I can send it to sakura-panda instead.
Just say the word. :thumbsup:

Or this. Just not both at the same time. :eyes: Thanks! :)

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Update: I need some Oddball knitters to fill EIGHT spots for our new cotton snuggles.

"Her Highness" - needs 1 knitter
(knit with red, purple, or pink yarns)

"My Prince" - needs 3 knitters
(knit with blue and purple yarns)

"Furry Friends" - needs 4 knitters
(being cast on by lizardknits)

By the way, our "Kitty Cuddles" snuggle was recently donated to the Humane Society of Charlotte (http://www.humanesocietyofcharlotte.org/)by lizardknits! :hug:

Marria
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd love to join. Let me know the details on how!

sgtpam
01-31-2009, 08:21 PM
You can add me to another one, too. I've got all of those colors and then some...:)

Mulderknitter
01-31-2009, 08:30 PM
You can add me to another one, too. I've got all of those colors and then some...:)
Me too! Add me where you need me! I went a bit crazy with the cotton yarn a bit back, have a whole drawer full!:roflhard:

Mulderknitter
01-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Or this. Just not both at the same time. :eyes: Thanks! :)
I'm keeping an eye on the list and trying not to have any knitter have 2 at the same time, especially because a bunch of us are on multiple projects, don't want to overwhelm! :knitting:

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd love to join. Let me know the details on how!
Yay! A new member of our group! :hug:
I'll send you a private message with the details.

Thanks Pam! You're on "Her Highness". Now it's ready to go, with a full list of knitters.
Me too! Add me where you need me! I went a bit crazy with the cotton yarn a bit back, have a whole drawer full!:roflhard:
Thanks Susan! You're an Oddball CRAZY knitter! :teehee: I think you're on EVERY snuggle, as well as all the acrylic snuggles you're making. SUPER MULDER!!! :notworthy:

Here's our list of knitters for the current Cotton Oddball Pet Snuggles:

Puppy Love - being finished by KnittinMitchie
Forever Friend - being finished by Secksiebrat
Pampered Pets - with Spikey right now, and will go to jjminarcik to be completed
Whiskers Wooby - on to the way to misha rf, then it will be finished by Mulderknitter

And here are our new snuggles, getting started right now:

His Majesty
Shandeh - done
sgtpam
Secksiebrat
jdee
Mulderknitter

Sweet Princess
Shandeh - done
jdee
Spikey
Mulderknitter
misha rf

Her Highness
Shandeh - done
Spikey
jjminarcik
sgtpam
Mulderknitter

My Prince
Shandeh - done
Mulderknitter
Marria
(need 2 more knitters)

Furry Friends
lizardknits
jdee
(need 3 more knitters)

"Paws and Claws" and "Kitty Cuddles" were completed and donated to animal shelters. :woohoo:

Shandeh
01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Smart Susan! :thumbsup:

Secksiebrat
01-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Forever Friend is complete. I'll get a picture up in the next day or two!!! It will be going to Best Friends in Utah along with some catnip toys and a parrot sweater or two in a couple of weeks!

I will post those needles to you (shandeh) on Monday!

~danielle~

sgtpam
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Question........:?? :???:

I have Hugs 'n Snugs. Are we doing 4 or 5 inches on each? I thought it was 5, but this one is done in 4" sections. Will we need one more knitter? I couldn't find what the final dimensions will be. :shrug:

I'm done with 4", should I do another one...or wrap it up? Or I can do another section....:knitting:

jdee
01-31-2009, 11:46 PM
You can add me to "Furry Friends" if you'd like. It looks all lonely.

Secksiebrat
01-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Here are two pictures. One is of Forever Friend, which is now complete and the other is the Whiskery Wooby that was sent out last week!

~danielle~

traceleighj
02-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Question........:?? :???:

I have Hugs 'n Snugs. Are we doing 4 or 5 inches on each? I thought it was 5, but this one is done in 4" sections. Will we need one more knitter? I couldn't find what the final dimensions will be. :shrug:

I'm done with 4", should I do another one...or wrap it up? Or I can do another section....:knitting:

I think that one is my fault!! Sorry....:noway: I think I had an oddball blanket on my brain and not a snuggle........

sgtpam
02-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I think that one is my fault!! Sorry....:noway: I think I had an oddball blanket on my brain and not a snuggle........

I remembered reading that on the blanket forum. One more reason to love the ODD part of this project's name!!:rofl:

No worries...all the other sections are also 4" (give or take) and is 21" wide. Sooooo, if I do one extra inch in the same colors and the last knitter does an extra row or so to make it a 21" square (or a 24" rectangle), would that be the best way? :think:

I think that 24" was the target, but I doubt any of our pets would know or care that it was a little off.:wink:

Your call, Mulderknitter...that's why they pay you the big bucks.....:roflhard: :hug:

Mulderknitter
02-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I think the knitter before you had the same problem. Just go ahead and do your 4 inches and send it on, or do an extra inch if you don't mind. I don't think it will matter much if it's a bit short.
Secksiebrat-you are scheduled to have Hugs n Snugs after SgtPam, would you mind doing the full 5 inches even though the beginning sections are only 4?
Um... yea... this one might be the example of ODD:roflhard:

sgtpam
02-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I think the knitter before you had the same problem. Just go ahead and do your 4 inches and send it on, or do an extra inch if you don't mind. I don't think it will matter much if it's a bit short.
Secksiebrat-you are scheduled to have Hugs n Snugs after SgtPam, would you mind doing the full 5 inches even though the beginning sections are only 4?

Glad to add an extra inch!:knitting: :knitting:

If either of you will pm me Secksiebrat's address, I'll mail it on Monday or Tuesday. :thumbsup:

DJBug
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm almost done with my section (I'm doing 5 inches for what it's worth, even though the initial section is about 4 inches). I should be sending it out Monday or Tuesday--just need the address to send it to.

sgtpam
02-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I was looking at the Snuggle Project website to check out a few places in my area that participate so that I can finish one sometime soon and donate it in my town. :happydance:

Anyway.......they have some other patterns you might like. Maybe we could start one with the twisted garter stitch? It's still just one stitch, but it's "K in back loop of every stitch in every row". The note says that it "creates a firmer, plusher straight knit Snug".

:blooby: http://www.snugglesproject.org/content/view/88/30/

if you haven't looked at the project's website yet, I'd encourage you to check it out.

Mulderknitter
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I have PM'd secksiebrat and Jdee to see if they are ready. I will pm their addresses to you as soon as I hear back from them.
If you are a more advanced knitter and want to use one of the stitch patterns suggested, go right ahead:muah: I think we started it with garter stitch because it's easier when holding 2 yarns together and the new knitters don't have to worry about a pattern. Whatever makes you happy!

Shandeh
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the photos, Danielle! :muah:

You can add me to "Furry Friends" if you'd like. It looks all lonely.
Thanks, jdee!! :heart: :hug: :heart:

Shandeh
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
We've had LOTS of "oddball" examples in our projects. :teehee:
That actually makes it fun, because we learn new stitches as we're going. Our project is a WONDERFUL way for new knitters to learn the craft of knitting. :)

And with the snuggles, I don't think the pets will mind if our blankets look "interesting". :wink:

jdee
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to let you know that Critter Cozy came today. Thank you so much for the tea candles. :muah:

misha rf
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Whiskers Wooby arrived today!! Gmmarton, thank you for the yarn! :muah: I'm sure it will come in very handy. And my apologies again about the zip code mixup.

Sandy, feel free to add me on wherever you need me.

Mulderknitter
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
I got Bear Hugs today! So fun stash diving!
Thank you for the yarn, I can't tell you how lovely it is!:muah:
I hit an estate sale on Sunday, they had posted they had yarn so I waited for the last minute to go so they would discount everything. Everything in the house was $10 a bag!!:woohoo: I walked out with about 50 odd skeins of yarn, mostly acrylic, but enough in one color that I could make a really nice afghan if I found the time!:roflhard:

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Congratulations! :woohoo:

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 02:36 AM
.....And my apologies again about the zip code mixup.
Do I have the wrong address info for you? :pout:

Sandy, feel free to add me on wherever you need me.
I put you on the list for "Furry Friends". :hug:
Now we just need two more knitters each for "My Prince" and "Furry Friends". :)

trvlbuddy
02-03-2009, 04:06 AM
I just joined and would love to be part of this project. I don't have any cotton stash but what the hey, i can get some real quick.

I have one cat named Taz (tazmen) and she is 14 yrs old. She loves to sit in my lap and edge out my knitting or my book. I don't mind where I am in the rotation. Let me know what to do next.

misha rf
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Do I have the wrong address info for you? :pout:

Nah, it was my own mix-up, as I sent her my addy directly.

Also, Whiskers Wooby is done! I had computer issues last night & couldn't access the pattern I needed for another project. Garter stitch FTW! Who's next?

DJBug
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
A bit homebound today between the snow and a headcold, but snuggle buddy will definitely be on it's way tomorrow. I have the address and everything is all ready for a stop at the post office.
:woot:

sgtpam
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Hugs 'n Snugs went out today to Secksiebrat:cheering:

Mulderknitter
02-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Here is an updated list of our snuggle Acrylic blankets:
Gravpevine
Shandeh done
Gmmarton
TraceleihJ
Spanky51
Mulderknitter
HugsnSnugs
Mulderknitter done
TraceleighJ done
Spanky51 done
SgtPam done
Secksiebrat
Snuggle Buddy
Mulderknitter done
DJBug done
Jdee
Sakura-panda
MishaRF
Critter Cozy
Mulderknitter done
Jdee working on it
Cheley
Mckane19020
Bear Hugs
Jdee done
Mulderknitter working on it
Traceleighj
Sakura-Panda
We need one more each for Critter Cozy and Bear Hugs, who wants to finish them off and donate???:muah:

sgtpam
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd like to finish Bear Hugs.

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I just joined and would love to be part of this project. I don't have any cotton stash but what the hey, i can get some real quick.
Hi trvlbuddy! :waving:
You're welcome to join us. :hug: You might be interested in the acrylic pet snuggles group also, which uses acrylic yarn to make snuggles. If you want to work with us in the cotton snuggles world, you'll need to buy 2 skeins of cotton yarn for each section you knit.

If you want to join our group, just send me a private message with your name and mailing address to make it official. If you want to join the acrylic group, contact Mulderknitter. :)

....Whiskers Wooby is done! ......Who's next?
I'll check on the next knitter right now. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I mailed out LOTS of packages today. :thumbsup:

Here are delivery confirmation numbers for the Oddball Snuggles I mailed:

"His Majesty" to sgtpam - 0308 0730 0001 2452 7509

"Sweet Princess" to jdee - 0308 0730 0001 2452 7523

"Her Highness" to Spikey - 0308 0730 0001 2453 0011

"My Prince" to Mulderknitter - 0308 0730 0001 2453 0028
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Shandeh
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I'll be mailing out Grapevine to gmmarton tomorrow. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I may be able to finish off Critter Cozy, depending on when the other two that I signed up get to me, although it may be awhile before I can drop it off. (Having a newborn means I may have time to work on it; but having a newborn means I may or may not be driving around in the middle of winter. :) I wonder if I can just mail it? :?? )

Tomorrow I go to the hospital to deliver and I probably won't be back online until next week sometime, so I just wanted to toss my name out now in case you get to that point before then and you need a volunteer. :thumbsup:

sgtpam
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
You're having the babe tomorrow? I must have missed that.....Good luck and easy delivery thoughts.......congrats, Katie

Mulderknitter
02-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow! You're having a baby! That's so great! congrats!:woohoo: I'll keep you in mind for the end of critter cozy. it will be a bit yet, so no worries!
Thanks everyone!

Mulderknitter
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I mailed out LOTS of packages today. :thumbsup:

Way to go Sandy! When you go to the post office I bet you need a truck to get all those packages in!:roflhard:

Secksiebrat
02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
"hugs and snugs" made it safely to my house today! Thanks sgtpam for the yarn and the netting! I haven't used that yarn yet either!

I'll take some pictures once I get a chance to finish it up!

~danielle~

sgtpam
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
"hugs and snugs" made it safely to my house today! Thanks sgtpam for the yarn and the netting! I haven't used that yarn yet either!

I'll take some pictures once I get a chance to finish it up!

~danielle~

Wow! That was quick for the postal service! I didn't even find that thingy to post the picture I took:shrug:

Shandeh
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, I DID have to take two trips from the car. I took in one stack, left it on the counter, then went and got the other stack. I left it sitting there and stood in line with nothing in my hands. When I got to the clerk, I stepped over and carried over all the packages. :wink:

Here's the stack when I finished packing them at home:

Mulderknitter
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
:roflhard:

mckane19020
02-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I can finish Critter Cozy if you don't have a fifth person by the time it gets to me.

jdee
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Just wanted you to know that Sweet Princess arrived today. Thank you so much for the yarn and the notepad. It's perfect.:muah:

Mulderknitter
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Sandy!:muah: I got My Prince today and it sure is lovely!
Thank you for the yarn and notepad. It always brightens my day to get thoughtful gifts from knitters!:yay: :woohoo:

Mulderknitter
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks Mckane, I will keep that in mind!:muah:

Spikey
02-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Sandy!

I received Her Highness today. Thanks so much for the yarn and the notepad. Our pet sitter will definitely appreciate it!

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I have not mailed "Grapevine" yet, because I've been sick in bed (with a fever of 102 degrees!). As soon as I get over this thing, I'll go to the post office.

Here's a photo of my section:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3479/3240332632_0ffb81f17f.jpg

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 12:45 AM
So glad you all got your packages. Sorry I wasn't as creative as usual with the gifts. Everyone got the same thing. :teehee:

gmmarton
02-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Feel better, Shandeh...and don't worry about the blanket!

jdee
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Also, Snuggle Buddy arrived today. Thanks.:muah:

Mulderknitter
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
:waving: Hi Sandy!
My prince is ready for the next knitter! (knit it while watching Grey's last night!)

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 05:05 PM
These snuggles go FAST, don't they Susan?

I'll check with the next knitter. :)

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Thank you both! :)
I was actually able to get out of bed today, and knit for a little while. It was nice. cloud9

Eventually, I walked to the mailbox to get the mail, and was absolutely WIPED OUT by the time I walked back inside. This flu is a WICKED thing. :help:

Shandeh
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
As you all can see, our "My Prince" snuggle is on the move quickly. We still need 2 more knitters for that snuggle, so please let me know if you want to be part of it. :)

Have a good weekend, everyone! :hug:

sgtpam
02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
:woohoo:

I got His Majesty today! Great timing...that blue is even prettier than the picture. I'm off to the great stash room to find what'll look best next to it.

Thanks for the goodies, I've been wanting some of those knitting coils. :hug:

misha rf
02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
You can always put me where there's a blank spot!

Shandeh
02-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Glad you got the package Pam! :)

Thanks for helping out, Michele! Now, I just need one more knitter for "My Prince", and two more knitters for "Furry Friends".

DJBug
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I too was sick with a fever for a couple of days (DH had it, too which means my house has been totally ravaged by the savages I call my sons...LOL).

Mulderknitter
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I too was sick with a fever for a couple of days (DH had it, too which means my house has been totally ravaged by the savages I call my sons...LOL).
No problem! Hope you are feeling better!

Mulderknitter
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
:waving: We are about halfway through most of our blankets, with Secksiebrat finishing off Hugs n snugs soon. I thought I would cast on another blanket and see if there are any takers!
This one will be in pastel/white colors. Why is it that I have so much acrylic white???:roflhard: I will call it Pretty Pets. I will be casting on this weekend, please let me know if you want to be on it, and if you have a preference for where you are in the order (remember 5 knitters to a blanket) or you want to be the one to donate, don't hesitate to speak up! :yay:
If I get more than enough knitters for this new blanket, I will cast on another, so no one will be left out!

jdee
02-08-2009, 01:14 AM
You can always count me in.

Secksiebrat
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Whites may not be such a good idea with animals. The white will be so dirty! That's just my two cents though!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
02-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Whites may not be such a good idea with animals. The white will be so dirty! That's just my two cents though!

~danielle~
:?? Your're probably right.... Maybe just go with the pastel colors then. Yellow, green, orange, blue, purple, whatever!:knitting:

misha rf
02-08-2009, 09:59 PM
You can add me anywhere you need a knitter. :teehee:

sgtpam
02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I was reading this great story about a couple of soldiers in Iraq that saved 2 puppies and were able to bring them home with the help of this search and recue project/program.

Here's the story http://rescue.dogpile.com/jackandemma/

You use it just like google. Here's their "mission statement"

We're on a mission to help pets in need. We call it our Search & Rescue program. Now when you search with Dogpile, a portion of the revenue generated will be donated to the pet charity ASPCAź.* The more you search, the more we'll rescue. It's that simple. Our goal is to raise $1 million for pet rescue by the end of 2009.

Check it out.

mckane19020
02-09-2009, 08:24 AM
You can add me in anywhere too

sakura-panda
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi! :waving:

I've been home since Friday -- I'll post more details in the next day or so -- and I wanted to pop in and say I'm ready to go! :)

I need yarn, though -- I only have the yarn for Snuggle Buddy in my stash. I figure this is a good opportunity for me to try out some acrylics other than the red heart super saver that is in my stash. Is anyone else buying yarn as you go? Any suggestions on brands or labels to check? I have Michael's, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's stores close by, so I'll be watching their sales ads while I wait for my turn.

jdee
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Hobby Lobby sells a yarn called I Love This Yarn. It's the same price as RH Super Saver, has lots of yardage, and comes in lots of pretty colors, but it's much softer. I use it alot for Oddball knitting. Vanna's Choice is another soft yarn. It's more pricey, but is frequently on sale.

Mulderknitter
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
You can also get Caron's Simply Soft, and Red Heart has a Soft yarn now too. Both are around $2 a skein and lots of yardage as well.
How is that baby??:muah:

Mulderknitter
02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
My Prince went out to Marria today!:woohoo:

Marria
02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Well, I DID have to take two trips from the car. I took in one stack, left it on the counter, then went and got the other stack. I left it sitting there and stood in line with nothing in my hands. When I got to the clerk, I stepped over and carried over all the packages. :wink:

Here's the stack when I finished packing them at home:

Just a quick thank you to you Shandeh for coordinating this whole project. You are awesome! :notworthy:

Shandeh
02-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Thanks Marria! :heart: :hug: :heart:

I haven't been in the forum much lately, because I'm still sick. I had the flu last week, and was stuck in bed for about 4 days. I tried to get up and live Sunday, but soon collapsed back in bed again. Monday, I tried to teach piano lessons, but only made it through one lesson, before heading back home.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so hopefully things will improve. I'll do my best to stay on top of things here.

Here's the list of Snuggles right now:

Puppy Love - being finished by KnittinMitchie
Forever Friend - being finished by Secksiebrat
Pampered Pets - with Spikey right now, and will go to jjminarcik to be completed
Whiskers Wooby - ready to be finished by Mulderknitter

His Majesty
Shandeh - done
sgtpam - working on it now
Secksiebrat
jdee
Mulderknitter

Sweet Princess
Shandeh - done
jdee - done
Spikey
Mulderknitter
misha rf

Her Highness
Shandeh - done
Spikey - done
jjminarcik
sgtpam
Mulderknitter

My Prince
Shandeh - done
Mulderknitter - done
Marria
misha rf
trvlbuddy

Furry Friends
lizardknits
jdee
misha rf
(need 2 more knitters)

When each snuggle is finished, the last knitter can bind off stitches and donate the snuggle to an animal shelter in their area. That person can either start another snuggle, or mail the needles back to me.

Thank you all! :muah:

sakura-panda
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the recommendations! It gives me a good place to start.

The baby is doing well; we've been home since Friday.

Here's a picture of Nathan shortly after he was born, and with his brother and sister a few days later:

http://www.kindredcreations.com/kcgallery/albums/userpics/15525/normal_NathanFirstPhotos.jpg

He was born on Feb 4, 8 lbs, 3 ozs and 21 inches long.

Mulderknitter
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Pretty Pets is just about ready to go to the next knitter, so far I have:
McKane19020
JDee
MishaRf
I need 1 more knitter for this blanket. Please let me know if you want to join! I have knit this one with pink/violet variegated held with purple.

traceleighj
02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Cute little guy Sakura-Panda. Congrats! And happy birthday Nathan!:balloons:

jdee
02-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Hello fellow snuggle knitters,
I just wanted to let ya'll know that my husband and I are going on vacation starting Saturday, so I will not be home next week. Please feel free to skip me if my turn to knit comes up during that time. I'll be happy to switch places with that person when I get back home. :muah: `

Mulderknitter
02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
:muah: I got Whiskers Wooby today! Thanks For the yarn!:yay: Paton's classic wool is one of my favorite yarns to knit with! It felts fantastically! Thank you!:woohoo:

Shandeh
02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm finally starting to feel closer to normal now. Still out of breath, though. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and she gave me an inhaler to use. I hate those things! :pout:

I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

By the way, if you have recently joined our snuggles project, feel free to share stories with us about your pets. Include photos, and I'll add your story and photo on our blog:

Marria
02-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm finally starting to feel closer to normal now. Still out of breath, though. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and she gave me an inhaler to use. I hate those things! :pout:

I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

By the way, if you have recently joined our snuggles project, feel free to share stories with us about your pets. Include photos, and I'll add your story and photo on our blog:

I'm glad you're feeling better Shandeh. I hate inhalers too. I had to use one when I had bronchitis a few years ago and it made me so dizzy! I got to the point where I wasn't sure which was worse, the dizziness or feeling out of breath. Makes me so glad I quit smoking. I hope you are 100% again really soon. :hug:

I got My Prince in the mail today and I am going to work on him tonight. Barring anything weird happening, I should be able to have my section done by the weekend and get it into the mail early next week.

misha rf
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Yay!! Glad it got there and glad you like the yarn!!

Mulderknitter
02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Yay!! Glad it got there and glad you like the yarn!!
How is it possible to not like yarn??? :roflhard:
funny though, I already have one skein of the same, but wanted to make felted slippers and didn't have enough. Now I do!:woohoo:

Spikey
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Pampered Pets and Her Highness went out to jjminarcik today, just in time for me to receive Sweet Princess from jdee.

Thanks for the lovely journal, jdee! :muah:

sakura-panda
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Have a nice vacation, Jennifer! Thanks for the cute journal! :)

Critter Cozy arrived today. I told DH what it was and what we were doing with it and his opinion is that we could buy plenty of blankets with the money we are spending shipping it from one person to another. :rofl:

However, he is also indulgent and tomorrow he is taking me out to buy yarn for it. (I have some yarn that would work, but I like having a "good" excuse to go out and shop for yarn. :teehee: I'm planning to buy one new skein and pair it with one out of my stash. Win-win, right? :eyebrow: )

Marria
02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
How is it possible to not like yarn??? :roflhard:

Hmmm....ask me about my relationship with Lion Brand Homespun sometime. So pretty, yet so crazymaking...:teehee:

Anyway--I PMed Shandeh, but I'm done with my section of My Prince, so I'll get it out to misha as soon as I have the address. I'll also try to post a photo of our progress if there is decent light tomorrow. The sun is on hiatus today.

Mulderknitter
02-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Critter Cozy arrived today. I told DH what it was and what we were doing with it and his opinion is that we could buy plenty of blankets with the money we are spending shipping it from one person to another. :rofl:

In defense of the project, I don't think it's so much about the product (aka buying the blankets) but the process and the community. I like to knit and I like to meet other knitters, it's just a bonus for me that it's for a good cause. :muah:

Mulderknitter
02-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Pretty Pets went out to McKane19020 today!

jdee
02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and let ya'll know that we'll be dropping "Snuggle Buddy" off at the post office on our way out of town. Thanks-
Jennifer:muah:

Forgive me if I sound a little giddy. Not only am I excited, but I'm also sleep deprived. lol

Mulderknitter
02-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Whiskers Wooby is done and ready to be donated! I will let you all know when that happens. Here are some pics, the first is it completed, the second is with some toys that are going with that I couldn't help myself to adding!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture269.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture270.jpg

Mulderknitter
02-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Bear Hugs was passed on to TracieLeighJ today!:muah:

traceleighj
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks Mulder for the yarn and window cling. I showed DH and he was very excited over the cling.

Shandeh
02-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Whiskers Wooby is done and ready to be donated! I will let you all know when that happens. Here are some pics, the first is it completed, the second is with some toys that are going with that I couldn't help myself to adding!
Great job everyone! :thumbsup:
Susan, you can keep the needle to use for the acrylic snuggles projects. :)

mckane19020
02-15-2009, 07:27 PM
:happydance: I'll be on the look out for it!

sgtpam
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
His Majesty is ready to go...Secksiebrat, I think you're next...You ready?:knitting:

Sandy, what brand is the dark blue that you used? I couldn't find any cotton that felt the same:??

Shandeh
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
.....Sandy, what brand is the dark blue that you used? I couldn't find any cotton that felt the same:??
The dark blue was Lily Sugar 'n Cream (http://www.sugarncream.com/).
The light blue was Bernat Cottontots (http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=cottontots).

I'll check with the next knitter. :hug:

sgtpam
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
The dark blue was Lily Sugar 'n Cream (http://www.sugarncream.com/).
The light blue was Bernat Cottontots (http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=cottontots).

I'll check with the next knitter. :hug:

Oops, it was the light blue I needed to know. Neither my HL or Joanne's had any I could find that felt like it; but, now I know what to look for. I like the feel of it. Thanks:hug:

Secksiebrat
02-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm ready!

~danielle~

Marria
02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Here's a picture of My Prince so far:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/3288261209_d2da0eb481.jpg

Shandeh
02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks Marria! :hug:

I resized your photo, so it would not exceed the size limits of our forum. Your photos should not be more than 500 pixels wide. :wink:

Mulderknitter
02-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks Marria! :hug:

I resized your photo, so it would not exceed the size limits of our forum. Your photos should not be more than 500 pixels wide. :wink:
You can use the features of photobucket to auto resize your photos for you. They also have an image code you can copy and paste that KH uses for it's photos

Mulderknitter
02-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi knitters!:waving: Thought I would give an update on our status:
Gravpevine
Shandeh done
Gmmarton
TraceleihJ
Spanky51
Mulderknitter
Hugs N Snugs
Mulderknitter done
TraceleighJ done
Spanky51 done
SgtPam done
Secksiebrat working on it
Snuggle Buddy
Mulderknitter done
DJBug done
Jdee done
Sakura-panda working on it
MishaRF
Critter Cozy
Mulderknitter done
Jdee done
SakuraPanda working on it
Mckane19020
Cheley
Bear Hugs
Jdee done
Mulderknitter done
Traceleighj working on it
Sakura-Panda
SgtPam
Pretty Pets
Mulderknitter done
Mckane19020
Jdee
MishaRF

I have also cast on this blanket, yet to be named ( any ideas????) and am looking for knitters for it!:muah:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture271.jpg

A special thanks to my rock star knitter Jdee, she has been on 4 blankets so far and even started one for us!:woohoo: :woot:

Shandeh
02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Yep...and Flickr works too. I always post the Medium size photos from my Flickr account, and they fit perfectly in the forum.

sgtpam
02-18-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm ready!

~danielle~

On it's way. Mailed it today.:hug:

Marria
02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Yep...and Flickr works too. I always post the Medium size photos from my Flickr account, and they fit perfectly in the forum.

I actually used one of the resizing sites that Jan in CA lists in her post here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80610

I assumed that the 800 pixel limit she posted there applied to all the forums on KH. I'll make sure to keep the photos to 500 pixels or less in the future. Thanks. :)

I have the snuggle packed up and ready to go--I just got pulled into an all day meeting today and didn't have time to go to the post office. I plan to do it on my lunch hour tomorrow.

Thanks!

Shandeh
02-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I assumed that the 800 pixel limit she posted there applied to all the forums on KH. I'll make sure to keep the photos to 500 pixels or less in the future. Thanks. :)
Neat! I'm glad that Jan's stuff helped you out. She's a smart one. And I'm sure she's right about the 800 pixels. I usually size down to 500 pixels because I never have a problem that way.

sgtpam
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
On it's way. Mailed it today.:hug:

Danielle,
Good thing you already know the what to do with it...'cause I just realized that I forgot to include the "It's your turn" instruction page that Sandy puts in the bag...........sorry!:noway:

Secksiebrat
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
LOL no worries. I may have an extra one laying around here :)

~danielle~

sgtpam
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
LOL no worries. I may have an extra one laying around here :)

~danielle~

Thought you might......;)

mckane19020
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
:knitting:

Thanks so much for the Yarn Harlot....definately a kindred sole!!:muah:

Mulderknitter
02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
:knitting:

Thanks so much for the Yarn Harlot....definately a kindred sole!!:muah:
You are very welcome!

Shandeh
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Here's the instruction sheet for the cotton snuggles. :)

misha rf
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi knitters!:waving: Thought I would give an update on our status:

I have also cast on this blanket, yet to be named ( any ideas????) and am looking for knitters for it!:muah:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture271.jpg

A special thanks to my rock star knitter Jdee, she has been on 4 blankets so far and even started one for us!:woohoo: :woot:

I'd be happy to knit on it!

How about Cuddlebug?

And GO JDEE!!! :notworthy:

Mulderknitter
02-19-2009, 04:52 PM
How about Cuddlebug?

I love you guys:woohoo: Cuddlebug is awesome!
I am home with some sort of plague today, and am off work tomorrow so I have time to knit, and garter stitch is about the only thing my fever addled brain can handle. If I can stumble to the post office, will you be ok with me mailing it this weekend?
We still need 3 more knitters for Cuddlebug!:yay:
And we need 1 finisher for Pretty pets!

yarncharmer
02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I love Cuddlebug! (The colors and the name). I'd like to help with this one - it will be my first snuggle... I'm currently working on my first oddball baby blanket, and it's fast, and fun! Where else can you "finish" a project with only 4 or 5 inches of knitting?

Mulderknitter
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I love Cuddlebug! (The colors and the name). I'd like to help with this one - it will be my first snuggle... I'm currently working on my first oddball baby blanket, and it's fast, and fun! Where else can you "finish" a project with only 4 or 5 inches of knitting?
Hi yarncharmer and welcome!:waving:
Do you want to be the finisher of Cuddlebug? Or you can be after MishaRF as the 3rd knitter on the blanket. Just let me know
could you pm me your info (address) and I will add you to the list!
Thanks so much for joining!:muah: :woohoo:

yarncharmer
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I don't care which spot you put me in - wherever works best, although I don't know what's required for finishing. I'll send you a pm.

Secksiebrat
02-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I got it today, thanks SgtPam! The kitty was adorable!

~danielle~

sgtpam
02-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I got it today, thanks SgtPam! The kitty was adorable!

~danielle~

Glad you like it...I got myself the puppy and use it to hold down the mound of paperwork on my desk:cool:

Shandeh
02-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that I will be away this weekend. My hubby and I are going to the mountains for a few days for some "bonding time". cloud9

I should be back on Monday.

Secksiebrat
02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Enjoy your retreat Shandeh! :)

~danielle~

Marria
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, I finally got My Prince shipped out and then I left the slip with the tracking number at work. :doh: I'll PM it to Michele on Monday!

jdee
02-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Have a great time, Shandeh. I just got back home from vacation. I should be relaxed, but all I can think of is how much I need to clean this house.