PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Mulderknitter
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks JDee for all the pics! They all look so great! I will go ahead and pm you my address, I'm always ready!
I will also add you to Cat Nap!
So now we just need one more for Scrappy doo acrylic and one more for Cat nap cotton!
I think that 1 1/2 skeins should be enough. If not we can find more I'm sure!
:muah: :muah: :muah:

jdee
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I just sent Scrappy and Creature Comfort out today. That just leaves me to finish Snugglebug and start a new one, so it looks like I'm caught up enough to take my turn when it comes. Thanks, everyone for your patience. This is such a great group of people.:muah:

jdee
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Snuggle bug is complete, and I wanted to post some pictures. As you can see, Max, my snuggle tester, approves.:teehee:

jdee
05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I need some opinions about the snuggle I'm about to start. I found that using scraps for only one strand on Scrappy-Doo didn't get rid of as many scraps as I thought it would. Would anyone be interested in a Scrappy Two, made with scraps only? If not, that's fine. Just let me know.

Mulderknitter
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
If you want to do a scrappy 3 4 and 5, I have enough for everyone!
Count me in!

Mulderknitter
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Cat Nap cotton blanket is going out today to Secksiebrat!

Mulderknitter
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Cat nap didn't go out on Friday as expected, so hopefully on Monday. Sorry. Time got away from me
I got Scrappy Doo today! Thanks JDee!

yarncharmer
05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
and Creature Comfort arrived at my house! I have to say, it's the most cheerful, pretty little snuggle - it looks like spring. I can't wait to get started on it, but it will have to wait - I've got a baby blanket and snuggle to do first. I'm halfway through both of those.

Thank you, JDee, for the pen and notebook - it will come in handy; I'm always looking for somewhere to write notes, and green is my favorite color these days!

Mulderknitter
05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
:muah: Welcome to our newest snuggle knitter Vertigo1414! :woot:
I promise you will have so much fun with our group, you'll be addicted to charity knitting forever!:knitting: :yay:

Ladybug Lady
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Add me to Scrappy Two as long as it's acrylic, I've got scraps!!! :D

jdee
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, Scrappy Two is acrylic. It's ready to go out next week to whomever is ready. I don't remember the next knitter on it.:aww:

Mulderknitter
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, Scrappy Two is acrylic. It's ready to go out next week to whomever is ready. I don't remember the next knitter on it.:aww:
So far it's just us and yarncharmer! You can mail it to yarncharmer when you are finished. just pm me when you need the address
We need 2 more for scrappy 2 and one more still for scrappy 1!

sgtpam
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
You can add me to either one.

cheley
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I can always finish em up(whatever ones) and deliver before June 8..Still waiting for Snuggly:cheering:

Ladybug Lady
05-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Please add me to Scrappy Two! :)

Mulderknitter
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys!:muah:
So far the order for Scrappy doo 1 is
Jdee-Done
Mulderknitter-just about done
SgtPam
Ladybug lady
Chely

Scrappy Doo 2 is
Jdee-working on it
Ladybug lady
SgtPam
Mulderknitter
needs 1 more

Snuggly Wuggly went out to Mckane19020 back in April, but I haven't heard anything on her status. Ladybug lady and Cheley will be after her
Pink panther is being worked on by yarncarmer, then JDee, then Mckane19020 to finish
That's all our blankets for now!

Vertigo1414
05-10-2009, 07:05 PM
you can add me to scrappy 2, but i'll have to send it to someone else to finish it.

Mulderknitter
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I do have you as the last knitter, Vertigo, on Scrappy 2, but if you get it and don't want to weave in the ends, you can send it to me and I will be happy to do so.
The other option is you can work on it, cast off, and see how you feel about weaving in those ends. They aren't a big thing, just use a yarn needle and try to hide the yarn in the stitches. I'm sure that no one here does a superb job when finishing them off, they go in the wash and the pets don't care!
ETA: i have myself right before you, so I can just switch us out too, and finish it here.

jdee
05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
When we mentioned the pet snuggles to our local shelter, they had never heard of them, and didn't seem particularly interested. So could someone help me find someone to send them to? I just want them to be appreciated.

Vertigo1414
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
there's a local couple local shelters in my area i could try. there's also a very large animal hospital/shelter in Boston i could contct. my older dog (the one in my avatar) went there as a puppy for surgery.

jdee
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Scrappy Two just went out today.

Vertigo, when you find out, just PM me an address, and I'd be happy to send the two snuggles I have. Thank you.

Mulderknitter
05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Cat nap and Scrappy doo 1 went out today!
happy knitting everyone!

sgtpam
05-11-2009, 06:57 PM
When we mentioned the pet snuggles to our local shelter, they had never heard of them, and didn't seem particularly interested. So could someone help me find someone to send them to? I just want them to be appreciated.

JDee..go to the snuggles project website to find places who have signed up to participate. You put in your state, city (and, I think ZIP) and it'll give you a list in your area. That's how I found the one donated to. http://www.snugglesproject.org/

Also, if you want the contact I made here in Fort Worth, just pm me. The people who run it are not the same as whoever signed up and they didn't even know it was available...they foster animals and run the adoption at one of the PetSmarts. They were really excited to get them and I have 2 more I'm taking to them.

jdee
05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks, SgtPam. I think I'll send them to the place you use. It's almost local to me.

cheley
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
FYI I have asked to finish up and deliver "any" snuggle (Mulder knows) because the newest addition to our local Mall is a "Rescue Center" and they were over joyed to rec the snuggle I donated for "us"...

Shandeh
05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I just love the names of all the new snuggles!!! :heart: :heart:

sgtpam
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks, SgtPam. I think I'll send them to the place you use. It's almost local to me.

I e-mailed her and let her you might be contacting her. If you e-mail her, put Snuggle Project in the subject so she'll know it's you.:hug:

Mulderknitter
05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for working that all out guys. It's good to see us networking!
Cheley is right, she has a great new rescue place to donate too as well if we are in need of resources. I have inundated myown animal hospital and may be sending or letting her finish one's in lieu of me. Just a thought too!:muah:

jdee
05-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I wrote to her, and have gotten an address. I'll get the two finished snuggles sent out as soon as possible.

yarncharmer
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Pink Panther is ready! Who do I need to send it to?

thanks!

Vertigo1414
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM
i end up hearing back from the local shelter in my area, and they said they always need blanket for their cats to snuggle. maybe in the future...

Vertigo1414
05-16-2009, 01:49 AM
random question since i'm kinda new, how many snuggies are "we" working on right now? pure couriousity, that and i found a bunch of purple yarn i want to use up...lol:knitting:

sgtpam
05-16-2009, 07:17 PM
:happydance:
I took Her Highness and Cuddlebug to Little Orphan Angels today. They were excited and loved them. One of the foster "mommies" got Her Highness to take home with her while I was there. She has a few foster kittens at home. They all sent a big thank you. :grphug:

Her Highness

Cuddlebug

Both were also Shebah tested and approved.......
:grphug:

Shandeh
05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Shebah always makes me smile. Adorable! cloud9

sgtpam
05-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Shebah always makes me smile. Adorable! cloud9

Me, too! And my favorite model

Mulderknitter
05-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys!:muah:
So far the order for Scrappy doo 1 is
Jdee-Done
Mulderknitter-just about done
SgtPam
Ladybug lady
Chely

Scrappy Doo 2 is
Jdee-working on it
Ladybug lady
SgtPam
Mulderknitter
needs 1 more

Snuggly Wuggly went out to Mckane19020 back in April, but I haven't heard anything on her status. Ladybug lady and Cheley will be after her
Pink panther is being worked on by yarncarmer, then JDee, then Mckane19020 to finish
That's all our blankets for now!
Vertigo,
this is still the updated list for what we have. I will be casting on another blanket today though!

Mulderknitter
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Meet "Buddy" so far he is in shades of blue acrylic yarn
Anyone want to be on him?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture329.jpg

Vertigo1414
05-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Vertigo,
this is still the updated list for what we have. I will be casting on another blanket today though!

except i'm on scrappy 2 right? i've gone a little knitting crazy lately...

Mulderknitter
05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, you are on Scrappy 2. Did you want to cast off or switch with me for casting off and donating that one?

Vertigo1414
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
no i'll take care of it. i'll hop on the new one too

Secksiebrat
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I received a pet snuggle in the mail on Saturday. I can't, for the life of me remember what the name is! LOL. Sorry! I'll dig through the posts and find it if you need me to!

~danielle~

Ladybug Lady
05-20-2009, 02:32 AM
I received Scrappy Doo 2 a few days ago.

Sorry for the lag, my son (1 yr) and I BOTH have ear infections. It seems all we do is go to the doctor's office! Grandma finally came down for a few weeks to provide some respite, though, something tells me she would be here even if we weren't sick!

jdee
05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I just wanted all of you to know that I got a nice email from Orphaned Angels, thanking me for the two pet snuggles. She told me that she put one in the kitten room. :heart:

Mulderknitter
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks Jdee! It's nice to know they are appreciated!
I still need 3 more knitters for acrylic Buddy, if anyone is interested:yay:

jdee
05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll Knit on Buddy.

yarncharmer
05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Pink Panther is on its way to JDee! It should arrive Saturday.

jdee
05-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Pink Panther arrived today. Thank you for the garden theme magnets and note cards, and for the nice letter. I really appreciate it.

jdee
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok. Here's what happened today. I took Pink Panther into my yarn stash room, so I could pick out the best pink to add. I was going though my yarns, and when I turned around, Max, my monster cat was chewing on the ends of the needles. :aww: I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to replace them. There's no way the yarn is going to slide smoothly over those teeth marks. I hope you can all forgive my rotten boy. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Ok. Here's what happened today. I took Pink Panther into my yarn stash room, so I could pick out the best pink to add. I was going though my yarns, and when I turned around, Max, my monster cat was chewing on the ends of the needles. :aww: I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to replace them. There's no way the yarn is going to slide smoothly over those teeth marks. I hope you can all forgive my rotten boy. :teehee:
Funny! Itchy likes to chew on the needles too!

Vertigo1414
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
makes me glad my dogs just like to lay on the skein as i'm knitting

Secksiebrat
05-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Cat Nap will be ready to mail out on Monday! Please let me know who's next in line! Thanks and have a great weekend!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
05-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Jdee is next for cat nap, but we still need 1 more knitter to finish it! It's a cotton blanket, any takers?

Mulderknitter
05-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I also need 2 more knitters for Acrylic blanket "buddy", anyone?
I hesitate to start any new ones even though we are down to only a few in progress until we get the ones' we have filled with knitters

yarncharmer
05-30-2009, 06:27 PM
You can add me to both Cat Nap and Buddy. I'm starting to feel caught up again. :knitting:

Mulderknitter
05-30-2009, 07:49 PM
You can add me to both Cat Nap and Buddy. I'm starting to feel caught up again. :knitting:
Thanks! will do!
Vertigo, I have you after me for Buddy, and now that there is only 1 space left, is it ok if I get it out in the mail to you?

Vertigo1414
05-31-2009, 03:32 PM
sure, go for it. did we ever get a color theme for it or is it just whatever?

Mulderknitter
05-31-2009, 04:31 PM
sure, go for it. did we ever get a color theme for it or is it just whatever?
It's really just whatever you have that matches when you get it. I hate to do a theme and have no one have the yarn. I'll let you know when it is out!
:muah:

Mulderknitter
05-31-2009, 04:32 PM
:muah: Hey knitters!
Jdee is finished with her section of Pink panther, but we have no one to finish it... Any takers?:waving:

Secksiebrat
06-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Cat Nap will be in the mail to JDee on Friday! Sorry for the delay but I don't usually go to the post office but once or twice a week!

~danielle~

Ladybug Lady
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Scrappy Too (acrylic) is ready for the next knitter! :)

jdee
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Cat Nap arrived today. :muah:

Secksiebrat
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I didn't figure it would take long to make it to you since you just live up the road! We'll have to get together sometime Jdee!!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I mailed out "buddy" on Saturday!

Vertigo1414
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
buddy arrived today safe and sound.

jdee
06-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Pink Panther is finished. :) I think it turned out pretty.

Mulderknitter
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Pink Panther is finished. :) I think it turned out pretty.
Very pretty! Thanks for the pic!:muah:

yarncharmer
06-12-2009, 10:09 AM
It's really pretty! Thanks for the pic! I love seeing the finished projects, especially if it's one I helped on. It's fun to see what direction they take after you've finished with your particular section.

Things have really slowed down on the snuggles lately haven't they? Is it just because it's summer?

Mulderknitter
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
It's really pretty! Thanks for the pic! I love seeing the finished projects, especially if it's one I helped on. It's fun to see what direction they take after you've finished with your particular section.

Things have really slowed down on the snuggles lately haven't they? Is it just because it's summer?
I think so. I don't have very many active knitters right now to start any blankets. The blankets that are in rotation I'm having a hard time getting a hold of people to work on them. :shrug:

Vertigo1414
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
buddy's had a little set back...i had it about half way done and decided i hated the pattern i was using...i know i'm a picky brat so i frogged back to the last color. i have today and tomorrow off though and i just finished my tank, so i can hopefully bang it out this week. just wanted to update and let everyone know!

yarncharmer
06-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Mulderknitter, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to post a little summary of the current snuggles, if they're cotton or acrylic, and how many open spots they have. Hopefully things will pick back up again when it starts to cool off.

Vertigo, do you knit in different patterns? I thought we were just doing garter stitch, but different patterns might be fun.

Vertigo1414
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
oh,i thought it was patterns like the baby blankets, but i'll just do garter stitch. maybe it's a good thing i frogged it.

yarncharmer
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure -- patterns may be fine. Maybe we should wait to hear from mulderknitter...

sgtpam
06-12-2009, 08:19 PM
If you haven't looked at the snuggle website, check it out....http://www.snugglesproject.org/
It's also where you can find an organization near you to donate to.:cool:

They show other stitches on the site, so it would be ok. I think that we were just doing garter stitch because it was quick and easy....especially for beginners to be included. That's how I jumped into the oddballs...because I figured a puppy/kitty wouldn't care if I messed up.:teehee:

I'm all for trying some new stitches...as long as they're ok with the project rules.:knitting:

Vertigo1414
06-12-2009, 11:25 PM
just to double check (since obviously i'm brain dead) it is 5 inches right?

yarncharmer
06-13-2009, 08:48 AM
yes, it's 5 inches :)

Mulderknitter
06-13-2009, 01:17 PM
We've been doing garter stitch like SgtPam said because it was easier for the newbies to get started with us. I am perfectly fine with different stitch patterns though, just no cables or lace. Cables pull in too much, and lace is easy for paws to get stuck in.
I will post a current list of the blankets in a bit. Have to have more coffee and wake up a bit. :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
06-13-2009, 04:44 PM
:waving: Here is a list of the current blankets in progress:
Cotton
Cat Nap
Jdee - working on it
Yarncharmer - next to finish

Acrylic
Scrappy Doo 2
ladybug lady - working on it
Mulderknitter
Vergigo1414
SgtPam

Scrappy Doo 1
SgtPam - working on it
Ladybug Lady
Cheley

Buddy
Vergigo1414 - working on it
Jdee
Yarncharmer
Needs 1 knitter to finish

Just a note, if you were on Snuggly Wuggly or My prince, these blankets have been listed by me as lost. I have tried to contact the knitters that have them to no avail.

If there are enough knitters with interest, I can cast on another blanket or 2!

Vertigo1414
06-14-2009, 07:24 PM
well i already started garter stitch and i'm not frogging again...maybe the next one we start could be a pattern one?

Vertigo1414
06-14-2009, 10:53 PM
alright thanks to an evening knitting session (i've been going since my last post) Buddy is ready to mail, unfortunally i'm working overtime this week so i won't be able to mail him till wednesday. so where's he going?

p.s. i thought i was last on scrappy 2, or did we change it? or am i just going crazy?

edit:added pics. I had to wait till my "model" fell asleep. This is my Mittens, thankfully she had a bath yesterday cause she played in a mud puddle.
http://www.vertigosweb.com/knitpicks/june1409 001.JPG
http://www.vertigosweb.com/knitpicks/june1409 003.JPG

jdee
06-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Absolutely adorable! And the blanket's pretty, too. :)

Mulderknitter
06-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the pics! What a pretty dog!
You were last on Scrappy 2, but we had to move things because a knitter wasn't quite ready for her part. Do you still want to be last? I can rearrange.

Vertigo1414
06-15-2009, 09:40 AM
not that's fine i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going crazy. i also need to know where Buddy's going and if they're ready so i can get him packed up.

Mulderknitter
06-15-2009, 10:11 AM
I will get back to you later with the info!

Mulderknitter
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
:waving: Hi knitters!
I thought I would do a list for us of our active summer knitters, so we can see just how many of us are working on the blankets, and if we want to cast on anymore. This doesn't by any means in any way whatsoever mean that the non-active-summer knitters are out of the loop, just using this for info for us!

Jdee, Yarncharmer, Ladybug Lady, Vergito1414 seem to be the most active. SgtPam is on vacation for a bit, but still working on blankets when she has time.

Thats 5 or 6 of us for the next few months I think. JDee and I have lots of needles if you all think you want some new blankets to work on. I certainly have enough yarn, and there's nothing better for tv knitting than an oddball blanket!

I believe that the rest of our group is using the summer to do summer things! If you think I left you out of the "active" group, or want to be more active, or want more blankets, let me know!:muah: :muah:

Vertigo1414
06-16-2009, 03:42 PM
i sent Buddy out today.

jdee
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I just sent Cat Nap out today.

sgtpam
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm back and will be ready next week to jump back in.:hug:

cheley
06-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi there...checking in from San Fran...I never rec'd anything to "finish" and deliver to a local Rescue Group...(as I posted a few months back) anyway on vacation until June 23...but I will check in..remember I started Snuggly Wuggly????

melmac51
06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I think so. I don't have very many active knitters right now to start any blankets. The blankets that are in rotation I'm having a hard time getting a hold of people to work on them. :shrug:

I want to "play"! :cheering: I have 3 dogs and two cats. One of my cats showed up in my garden about 9 or 10 years ago when she was a kitten, and the other one used to belong to the tenants who used to live next door to us, but he decided he wanted us to be his people. They moved away, and he kept coming back. We tried and tried to return him to them, but he just kept coming back. After Hurricane Katrina, we lost touch with them. But they knew that we'd never let anything happen to him. :heart: :heart:

One thing though. I've never used circular needles before. Is it very hard? I have more acrylic yarn than cotton in my stash, but I'd go and get some more cotton if necessary. (any old excuse to buy yarn!!)

I did participate in a crochet along for preemie blankets.

Let me know if you want to send me one (or two).

Mulderknitter
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Hiya Melmac51! We'd love to have you "play"!:muah:

Circular needles are super easy. When knitting something flat, like a blanket, you use them so that they will hold more stitches. It stays knit flat because you never join the yarn to make a circle. when you get to the end of a row, you just flip it over and start again. The only difference between circular needles and straight needles is that there aren't 2 needles, you just use the other end of the circular as the 2nd needle.

Trust me, this will make sense!

I do need another knitter for our blanket "buddy" which is all acrylic yarn. We just use 2 strands of worsted weight held together. JDee is working on it right now. If you want, I can add you in, and have Yarncharmer be the finisher of the blanket.

If you get the blanket and don't know what to do with it, or get stuck, just post in here. Lots of us check every day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, and will get back to you right away!

Could you pm me your address and info so that I know where the blanket will get mailed to?

Mulderknitter
06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Welcome Melmac51! :woot:
The order for "buddy" has changed to include our new knitter, after Jdee, it will go to Melmac, then to Yarncharmer to finish off if that's ok with everyone.
Jdee, I was thinking of 2 new blankets, wondering if you would have time to cast on one and I could cast on one and start the blankets going?
I will post a pic of my cast on blanket by the end of the weekend. :muah:
yea! new blankies!

melmac51
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
"I have 3 dogs and two cats. One of my cats showed up in my garden about 9 or 10 years ago when she was a kitten, and the other one used to belong to the tenants who used to live next door to us, but he decided he wanted us to be his people. They moved away, and he kept coming back. We tried and tried to return him to them, but he just kept coming back. After Hurricane Katrina, we lost touch with them. But they knew that we'd never let anything happen to him. :heart: :heart:"

I forgot to tell y'all about my doggies! Jaeger came to us from a Petsmart Adoption day. He's a Catahoula/Lab mix. He's about 100 pounds of gentle giant. Stella is officially our "grand dog". She is a rat terrier and she actually is my daughter's dog, but she lives with us. And Cleo is a rat terrior mix. She is a Katrina survivor, and my mother-in-law adopted her from Petsmart after her previous dog escaped from me in Houston when I worked there after the storm. My mother-in-law passed away in February, so Cleo is my former "sister-dog-in-law", but now she's my baby too. And, the littlest dog (Stella) is the boss, and rules with an iron paw.

yarncharmer
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Sure, that's fine with me!

jdee
06-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Sure, I can cast on a blanket. Do we want acrylic or cotton?

Also, Buddy is here today. Thank you so much for the pretty yarn. :muah:

Mulderknitter
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Another acrylic should be fine. I have tons of cotton, but not a lot of other people do :muah:

Vertigo1414
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
i have no cotton at all, but pounds of acrylic. i just opened the skein i used on buddy...if you cast it, i will knit :knitting:

yarncharmer
06-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Catnap arrived today! Thanks jdee for the yarn - it's really pretty!

jdee
06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Your welcome. :)

Mulderknitter
06-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi knitters!
As promised I have cast on another acrylic blanket:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture341.jpg
You are my sunshine!
Bright happy colors!
Let me know if you want in on this one! Also, if you want to be last to donate the blanket, you can let me know that too!:muah:

Vertigo1414
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
i'm in, would anyone mind if we give this one to my local shelter?

Shandeh
06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh , I love those colors! :heart: :heart:

jdee
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Here is the snuggle I started. I decided to call it Pleasant Dreams. I started it in a dark teal color, but I really don't have a color scheme in mind, so feel free to play with whatever colors you have.

Edited to add, that I'll be happy to knit on You Are My Sunshine if there's room.

Mulderknitter
06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Here is the snuggle I started. I decided to call it Pleasant Dreams. I started it in a dark teal color, but I really don't have a color scheme in mind, so feel free to play with whatever colors you have.

Edited to add, that I'll be happy to knit on You Are My Sunshine if there's room.
The name Pleasant Dreams and the color you picked make me think of nice cool blue colors!
Thanks for casting on for us!
ETA: Lets get some knitters on these new blankets!

yarncharmer
06-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I can work on you are my sunshine. I have some sunny colors. :happydance:

eta: I have some yarn that would be good for the 'pleasant dreams' snuggle too, if you want to add me. They're both acrylic, right?

Vertigo1414
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
i'll knit on anything at this point, but if there's someone else who hasn't done much lately i'll give up my spot.

sgtpam
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
The name Pleasant Dreams and the color you picked make me think of nice cool blue colors!
Thanks for casting on for us!
ETA: Lets get some knitters on these new blankets!

I'm ready again...you can put me on one of these.

Mulderknitter
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
yay! We've got some blanket knitters!
so far we have for You are my sunshine:
Mulderknitter: done
Yarncharmer
Vertigo1414 to finish
needs 2 knitters
Pleasant Dreams:
Jdee: done
SgtPam
Yarncharmer
needs 2 knitters!
Because we are so short on summer knitters, I'm wondering if I can put some of you on more than 1 if you haven't specified? Vertigo, I know you're up for some knitting, and Jdee too, maybe put Vertigo on both and Jdee on both too?

Mulderknitter
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
I can work on you are my sunshine. I have some sunny colors. :happydance:

eta: I have some yarn that would be good for the 'pleasant dreams' snuggle too, if you want to add me. They're both acrylic, right?
yes, they are both acrylic, I'll put you on both!

jdee
06-22-2009, 10:40 PM
That will be fine.:thumbsup:

Vertigo1414
06-23-2009, 12:01 AM
fine by me!:happydance:

yarncharmer
06-23-2009, 09:55 AM
While knitters are in short supply this summer, what we increased the size of the sections a little -- 4 knitters at 6 1/4 inches would give the same size snuggle, and wouldn't take that much more time.

What do you think?

Mulderknitter
06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
While knitters are in short supply this summer, what we increased the size of the sections a little -- 4 knitters at 6 1/4 inches would give the same size snuggle, and wouldn't take that much more time.

What do you think?
I think it's brilliant!:woot:
What does everyone else think?
Except that the last 2 cast on, you are my sunshine and pleasant dreams are only 5 inches cast on.

yarncharmer
06-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, if they haven't been mailed out yet, they could just be increased a bit. Or, if we only had 4 knitters on them, knitters 2 and 3 could each do 7 1/2 inches, and knitter 4 could do 5 inches, so they would look symmetrical. Would 7 1/2 inches be too much?

jdee
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I have enough yarn, and I don't mind knitting another inch and a half on Pleasant Dreams before sending it on.
I think after summer and vacations are over, we'll be able to go back to normal. The reason I'm able to knit, is because we're not taking a vacation this year. DH wants to work at his new job a while longer before taking off, and I don't work outside the home. I don't think I'm any more dedicated than anyone else, I just happen to have lots of time.

Mulderknitter
06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I have the yarn too, I don't mind adding another 1.5 inches.
That means that both new snuggles are full up on knitters!
Did we miss someone that wants in? we can certainly cast on another!
I will add the extra and let us all know when it's ready.

Vertigo1414
06-23-2009, 06:56 PM
so we're doing 6 1/4, i just want to be sure. maybe you guys could write that on the sheet that goes with the snuggies so i don't forget.
i can knit a ton now, but once fall comes around i have school so i don't know how much i'll be on.

yarncharmer
06-23-2009, 10:47 PM
You both really only need to add an inch and a quarter :thumbsup:
otherwise that extra 1/4 inch per knitter will make the finished snuggle an inch bigger than they are now. Not that the dogs and kitties would mind, I'm sure, but just thought I'd mention it so we don't add more than we need to. :cool: :happydance:

jdee
06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I finally got Buddy sent off. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long. I seem to be having one of my unenergetic, depressive episodes, where I don't want to leave the house. But it's on its way now. :aww:

yarncharmer
06-25-2009, 09:27 AM
:hug: Jdee :hug: Hope you're feeling better today! Is it really hot where you are? It is here, and it makes me not want to do anything. Yesterday I felt really anxious and sad; DH and DD were crabby too. Maybe some cooler breezes will blow in soon and bring some lighter moods with them. We can hope...

Vertigo1414
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
:hug: Jdee :hug: Hope you're feeling better today! Is it really hot where you are? It is here, and it makes me not want to do anything. Yesterday I felt really anxious and sad; DH and DD were crabby too. Maybe some cooler breezes will blow in soon and bring some lighter moods with them. We can hope...

you can have my cold. it's been rainey or just eww everyday for 2 weeks and it's not letting up. i'm supposted to go to nascar this weekend and they're still saying rain.:grrr:

yarncharmer
06-25-2009, 09:45 AM
We're having plenty of rain, too, Vertigo. The only problem is it storms and then immediately ramps back up to hot and ultra-muggy. We were going to go canoeing last weekend, but none of the canoe outfitters were open because the water levels were too high. It looks like they'll be too high this weekend too.

Hope the sun shines :sun: on you for Nascar this weekend.

The one plus to all the rain - I haven't had to water the garden much.

jdee
06-25-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll be ok. It's just one of my moods. It is extremely hot here. My garden has weeds in it, and my plants have droopy leaves because I don't have the energy to get out there and tend to them. A lot of seasonal depression comes around the Holiday time, but mine hits me hardest during the summer. But it'll pass. It always does.

Mulderknitter
06-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I should have Sunshine ready to mail by the end of the weekend, I'm pm'ing the next knitter for JDee's now!

Shandeh
06-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Hang in there, jdee! I get that way myself lots of times. I sometimes have to cancel piano lessons, and just stay home and mope. :heart: :heart:

melmac51
06-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I finally got Buddy sent off. I'm so sorry it's taken me so long. I seem to be having one of my unenergetic, depressive episodes, where I don't want to leave the house. But it's on its way now. :aww:

Buddy has arrived (just in time for my vacation)! I won't be leaving until Thursday, but will try to get started before then. Wish me luck on my first attempt at circular needles. And, thanks Jennifer! Did you dye the yarn yourself?

To All, have a safe and happy 4th!!

Mulderknitter
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi,
I got scrappy two today from Ladybug Lady! Thanks for the clipboard, what a neat idea! Maybe my cat will stay off the pattern that way!:roflhard:

jdee
07-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I just sent Pleasant Dreams off to SgtPam today. :muah:

sgtpam
07-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I just sent Pleasant Dreams off to SgtPam today. :muah:

Oh, goodie! That means I'll probably have it for the long weekend:happydance:

Mulderknitter
07-04-2009, 07:48 PM
We have a new knitter from Ravelry to help us out!
I will be casting on another acrylic this weekend, I'll try to post a pic by Sunday. If you want on the new one let me know, it will be another "summer" blanket, where we use 4 knitters instead of the regular 5. If I get more than 2 more people that want to be on it, well, we'll just cast on another!
I also just finished my part on Scrappy 2 and will pm the next knittter!

sgtpam
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm afraid I got behind and took a little long to finish...but, Scrappy Doo 1 is finally ready fo the next lucky kniter. So sorry for the delay.

I love the way this one looks! Great idea!:cheering:

Ladybug Lady
07-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Hi everyone! I'm finally back in the pet snuggle loop, whew!

My car died, so we were down to 1 vehicle for a while, and then my precious 14 mo old got chicken pox, so we were on 'house arrest', lol! Then Grandma and Grandpa decided to pop in for a week at the last minute, just to make sure their favorite little guy was still cute despite the spots!

Whew! Where did June go?? lol

You can add me to 1 or 2 acrylics, I have tons of oddball yarns, and the garter stitch is great for what I really need right now: brainless, super easy knitting.

:)

Mulderknitter
07-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I finished a new blanket for us! I'm calling it Superman because for some reason that's the colors it turned out, not on purpose!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture347.jpg
I have me, grannydani (rav) and Ladybug Lady on Superman,
I will need 1 knitter for the finishing of Superman!
You are My sunshine also went out today to Yarncharmer!

Vertigo1414
07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
i'll hop on, i've got some spare red kicking around somewhere...
btw in case anyone really cared i just looked at the snuggles projectg website and my local shelter is actually listed on the site.

any chance we could get an updated list of blankets? i know i've signed up for a few i just want to remember how many.

Mulderknitter
07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks Vertigo! Good idea on the updated list!
Scrappy Doo 2: almost in the mail to vertigo1414, then SgtPam to finish
Buddy: Melmac51 working on it, then yarncharmer to finish
Scrappy Doo 1: In the mail to ladybug lady, then Cheley to finish
You are my sunshine: in the mail to Yarncharmer, then Jdee, then Vertigo1414 to finish
Pleasant Dreams: in the mail to Stpam, then yarncharmer, then Vertigo1414 to finish
Superman: Grannydani, ladybug lady, then vertigo1414 to finish

Vertigo, you are on a lot for finishing, and you stated at the beginning that you didn't want to have to weave in ends or finish them. Is this list ok w/ you or do you want to switch out with someone else for finishing?:muah:

Vertigo1414
07-07-2009, 12:27 AM
fine by me. after finishing one of the preemie baby blankets i feel a lot better about it.

Scrappy Doo 2: almost in the mail to vertigo1414, then SgtPam to finish
Buddy: Melmac51 working on it, then yarncharmer to finish
Scrappy Doo 1: In the mail to ladybug lady, then Cheley to finish
You are my sunshine: in the mail to Yarncharmer, then Jdee, then Vertigo1414 to finish
Pleasant Dreams: in the mail to Stpam, then yarncharmer, then Vertigo1414 to finish
Superman: Grannydani, ladybug lady, then vertigo1414 to finish

Vertigo, you are on a lot for finishing, and you stated at the beginning that you didn't want to have to weave in ends or finish them. Is this list ok w/ you or do you want to switch out with someone else for finishing?:muah:

melmac51
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Back from vacation yesterday. Started on "buddy". Found out that knitting on circs isn't as scary as I thought it would be. (of course this is, like someone else said, mindless knitting...what better way to learn?)

Mulderknitter
07-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Back from vacation yesterday. Started on "buddy". Found out that knitting on circs isn't as scary as I thought it would be. (of course this is, like someone else said, mindless knitting...what better way to learn?)
I knew you'd be fine!

yarncharmer
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
You Are My Sunshine arrived today. It's even prettier in person than the picture you posted. I love that tangerine-y orange.

Thank you for the yarn, Mulderknitter! I think I'm going to use it to make one of those bunny-buddy baby toys. I think the color is perfect for that!

Mulderknitter
07-09-2009, 08:16 AM
You are very welcome Yarncharmer!
I love bright colors for the blankets, my cats seem to always gravitate to the bright colors, I think they can see them better. :??

Vertigo1414
07-13-2009, 05:25 PM
scrappy 2 got here today and it looks fabulous. thank you for the "kitty" toy too, since i don't have any cats my dogs are enjoying it.

Mulderknitter
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
scrappy 2 got here today and it looks fabulous. thank you for the "kitty" toy too, since i don't have any cats my dogs are enjoying it.
OMG! I feel so silly!:zombie: I thought for sure you had a cat!
It does have jingle bells in it, I hope they like those! Just be careful they don't swallow them!:roflhard:

Vertigo1414
07-14-2009, 12:20 AM
we watch them with everythign cause they rip it apart. my mom told me my younger dog took it to bed tonight...:teehee:

Mulderknitter
07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
we watch them with everythign cause they rip it apart. my mom told me my younger dog took it to bed tonight...:teehee:
Maybe I need to expand the cat toys to include dog toys too then!:blooby:

melmac51
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Hello All!

Buddy's ready for the next stop. Please, somebody pm me an address and I'll send it on. If you'd like to send me another, feel free.

My next learning experience is going to be continental style knitting, I think.

sgtpam
07-15-2009, 11:04 PM

I'm almost done with Pleasant Dreams...if Yarncharmer is ready?

yarncharmer
07-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Sure, you can send Pleasant Dreams my way. Mulderknitter, I'm ready to send You Are My Sunshine on to the next knitter, too - just let me know where it needs to be sent!

Vertigo1414
07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm not quite done yet (an inch and a half to go, it'll be done by tonight), but i had my camera out today so i snapped a quick one of scrappy 2.

jdee
07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Scrappy 2 turned out great. :) Thanks for the picture.

Mulderknitter
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm almost done with Pleasant Dreams...if Yarncharmer is ready?
I pm'd ya yarncharmers address!

Mulderknitter
07-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Sure, you can send Pleasant Dreams my way. Mulderknitter, I'm ready to send You Are My Sunshine on to the next knitter, too - just let me know where it needs to be sent!
Pm'd the next knitter!

Mulderknitter
07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm not quite done yet (an inch and a half to go, it'll be done by tonight), but i had my camera out today so i snapped a quick one of scrappy 2.
Pm'd the next knitter
thanks so much for the pic! it looks great!

Ladybug Lady
07-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Scrappy Doo arrived last weekend safe and sound. Thanks for the goodies. I really like the bookmark, I just got pics of my 14 mo old cutie pie, so he's going in there!

sgtpam
07-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Scrappy Doo arrived last weekend safe and sound. Thanks for the goodies. I really like the bookmark, I just got pics of my 14 mo old cutie pie, so he's going in there!

Oh, good. I love the way the Scrappy Doos show off so many colors. I may have to try an afghan like it.:knitting:

Mulderknitter
07-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Oh, good. I love the way the Scrappy Doos show off so many colors. I may have to try an afghan like it.:knitting:
What a good idea!

Shandeh
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I love it too! :inlove:

Vertigo1414
07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
put scrappy two in the mail today.

melmac51
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Buddy's on its way. Put it in the mail this afternoon.

BTW, "scrappy 2" is very pretty.

yarncharmer
07-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Pleasant Dreams arrived yesterday. I love the peaceful, tranquil colors! And I like that it's so uncluttered and non-busy with just one yarn being doubled instead of two different ones held together--it's really a different look, and I like it! :happydance:

Thank you SgtPam for the yarn (such a pretty shade!) and the notebook. Both are much appreciated and will go to good use, I'm sure!

yarncharmer
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Buddy just arrived at my door! Thank you Melanie for the tote bag. My daughter is trying to latch onto it - she wants to decorate it with fabric paints... we'll see!

Buddy is another beautiful snuggle. I have to say, it's amazing how we can take such a simple idea and turn out such pretty and unique creations. It would be awesome to pull all the pics we have of the different snuggles and put them all together on one post in a snuggle wall of fame. I wonder how hard that would be?

Vertigo1414
07-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Buddy just arrived at my door! Thank you Melanie for the tote bag. My daughter is trying to latch onto it - she wants to decorate it with fabric paints... we'll see!

Buddy is another beautiful snuggle. I have to say, it's amazing how we can take such a simple idea and turn out such pretty and unique creations. It would be awesome to pull all the pics we have of the different snuggles and put them all together on one post in a snuggle wall of fame. I wonder how hard that would be?

I think there's actually a snuggie blog already set up, i'm also a web developer in training and own my own domain. if the powers that be want to set something up i could do it fairly easily

Vertigo1414
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
*Going off topic for a moment* Mulderknitter sent me a "kitty" toy with scrappy two and i got a couple shots of it in use that i just had to share.

Mulderknitter
07-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the pics of the "kitty" toy! glad to see it's in active use!
There is a snuggle website that Sandy created, but I haven't had the time to keep it updated. Perhaps if you pm her you could get access to it to update it. I have lots of snuggle pics in my camera and computer!:yay:

yarncharmer
07-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I found the snuggle blog yesterday when I was poking around through some old posts. It has some pics of the very first few snuggles. I liked the stories from knitters about their pets-- kind of fun to get to know people a little better.

Mulderknitter, do you keep track of how many snuggles have been knitted so far? It seems like a lot in a fairly short amount of time (it looks like KH members just started doing these last September - is that right?)

Vertigo, your dogs are so cute. Are they siblings? They're loving that 'kitty' toy!

Vertigo1414
07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Vertigo, your dogs are so cute. Are they siblings? They're loving that 'kitty' toy!

The older one (Winnie,on the left) is the younger (Mittens) one's half aunt. Winnie's mom is Mitsy's grandmother. And Win's half sister is Mitsy's mom.

Ladybug Lady
07-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm almost done with Scrappy Doo, please pm me the next knitter's address.

Also, I received Superman in the mail yesterday, it looks great! Thanks for the note pad!! : )

Shandeh
07-25-2009, 03:41 AM
Here's the old blog!
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

yarncharmer
07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Pleasant Dreams is ready for the next knitter!

JDee, I didn't get You Are My Sunshine sent until Friday -- I'm sorry it took me so long. I went to the post office earlier in the week but the line was too long and then it took me forever to get back there again. It's on it's way now though-- I think it should be there Tuesday. I hope you're not going through Snuggle withdrawal... :cool:

yarncharmer
07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Pleasant Dreams is on its way to Vertigo. It should be there on Thursday.

Vertigo1414
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
After going through a bunch of posts i got all the pictures together i could of the snuggles and updated the blog. If anyone has more recent pictures than what's posted or any ideas to post please let me know.
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com

Shandeh
07-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Yay! Way to go! :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

yarncharmer
07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Woo-hoo Candace! :woohoo: That is fab-u-lous!!! Thanks for taking the time to wade through all those posts to put this together! I really like being able to see all the snuggles.

To update, I've finished Creature Comfort, Cat Nap, and Woofer Wubby. I just need to figure out how to post pictures. :cool: I haven't worked on Buddy yet, and it will be queued up after I finish a couple of preemie blankets.

I may have some more updated pics of the snuggles in progress, if you want them.

Thanks again! :hug: You rock!

Ladybug Lady
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Superman is done. Please PM me the next addy.

Srappy Doo is in today's outgoing mail. Conf # 01038555749819250204

Vertigo1414
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I may have some more updated pics of the snuggles in progress, if you want them.

Thanks again! :hug: You rock!

Send em along, i just got the most updated one i could find.

Ladybug i sent you my address.

Mulderknitter
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Send em along, i just got the most updated one i could find.

Ladybug i sent you my address.
Thanks for passing on the info! You are too fast for me!
i have 2 new knitters to join, one is from Rav, the other from here, Knittingupnorth!:waving: Welcome knitters!
I have started another summer acrylic blanket, it's Peachy, I will post a pic tonight I hope. Will need 1 more knitter for that blanket, and possibly if one of you have needles you could get another acrylic started? If not, that's fine, just let me know. I think it's time for some more blankets!
Thanks sooooooo much Vertigo for the blog updates!:woohoo: :woot: I have had nooooo time to keep up with it, I appreciate it sooo much!
ETA: I also have pics of my new kitty to share, will post tonight!

Vertigo1414
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
i should be getting one of the snuggles this week so i'll start another one this weekend assumeing the mail shows up.

yarncharmer
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I can work on Peachy and can start a new acrylic if you want. I've got needles from the ones I've finished.

Mulderknitter
07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Here is a pic of Peachy!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture362.jpg
And here is a pic of our new kitty Dexter!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture357.jpg
Yes, he looks exactly like Itchy, and they even act the same! More pics and stories on my blog for the kitties!

Mulderknitter
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Things sure are hopping over on Ravelry!:muah:
We have two more knitters to welcome to the group, Weirdo222444, and njcrab24!
Let me know knitters when you've started some new blankets and I'll get some lists going!

yarncharmer
07-30-2009, 10:19 PM
I like Peachy!!

Do you think there are enough new knitters that you want to go back to 5 inches and 5 knitters, or do you want to stick with 6 1/4 inches and 4 knitters for the ones we're casting on?

Vertigo1414
07-31-2009, 12:50 AM
i got pleasant dreams today. looks fab. thanks for the notecards...i just spent 6 hours installing 2 fan in my house. i'm dead.

Mulderknitter
07-31-2009, 08:31 AM
i'm not sure yet on the summer knits. i think i might want to stick with the 4 knitters for a bit yet. at least until the end of August? what do you all think? But you're right, we do have a bit of new knitters.

Ladybug Lady
07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
End of August sounds good to me.

yarncharmer
07-31-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it's a good idea to wait awhile too.

melmac51
07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
You can count me in. I sure enjoyed working on "buddy". Cotton or acrylic...doesn't matter which.

cheley
07-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone..rec'd "Scrappy Do" today....very pretty!!!!! Thanks for "including" the last section of the snuggle's yarn..that's a great idea!!!!! Thank "you" for the candle too!!!!! I will get right on it and post pics soon:hug:

jdee
07-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow! It looks like things have been busy in Pet Snuggle land. I've just gotten back from spending the week with my sisters to find "You Are My Sunshine" waiting for me. Thanks so much for the kitty mice. They love playing with them. This snuggle is so bright and cheerful, it's going to be a pleasure to knit on it.

yarncharmer
07-31-2009, 09:49 PM
You're welcome jdee! :muah: I'm glad your kitties like them. And I'm glad to see you back - I'd noticed you had gone missing, and wondered where you were. Hope you had fun with your sisters.

Vertigo1414
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Pleasant Dreams is done. I've also casting on for a cotton snuggle that needs a name. Any ideas? The pictures are a little dark but i just couldn't wait to take them

yarncharmer
08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Pleasant Dreams turned out really nice! I like the color of the new cotton snuggle too -- it reminds me of summer, but I haven't really come up with a good name.

ETA I started a new acrylic snuggle which I named Kitten Caboodle. I've got about another inch to go. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble posting a picture. I resized it to 800 x 600 pixels but it's about 187 kb which exceeds the 146 kb allowed here. Any one got any suggestions?

Vertigo1414
08-02-2009, 11:06 PM
i have photoshop and can adjust the kb if you want. PM me and i'll send you my e-mail addess.
Also the name i picked for the new cotton snuggle is Chicken Little.

Pleasant Dreams turned out really nice! I like the color of the new cotton snuggle too -- it reminds me of summer, but I haven't really come up with a good name.

ETA I started a new acrylic snuggle which I named Kitten Caboodle. I've got about another inch to go. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble posting a picture. I resized it to 800 x 600 pixels but it's about 187 kb which exceeds the 146 kb allowed here. Any one got any suggestions?

Mulderknitter
08-03-2009, 08:10 AM

You can also use a site like photobucket, you upload and can resize to the appropriate sizes there.

yarncharmer
08-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Chicken Little - cute name!

Thanks for offering to help vertigo. When you mentioned Photoshop, I decided to try it on my own. We have it on our computer, but I've never used it before. I think I may have just played around with it enough to figure it out. Hopefully so - it's a good skill to have. Anyway, here goes...

ETA: Yay!! I'm so excited! It worked!!

That's Kitten Caboodle. Anyone want to knit a section?

jdee
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I can knit on Kitten Caboodle, and the Cotton one if I'm needed. They're both very pretty colors.:)

melmac51
08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I can knit on Kitten Caboodle, and the Cotton one if I'm needed. They're both very pretty colors.:)

Me too!

Vertigo1414
08-03-2009, 05:58 PM
there's going to be a slight hold up on Chicken Little. i got to the end of my skein and i'm only at 4.5 inches so i need to get another skein but i won't be able to till this weekend. but never fear it will get done i've been on a knitting binge lately since i have so many things i want to cast on i'm trying to get my needles clean first.

yarncharmer
08-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Kitten Caboodle is ready to send out. JDee are you ready for it?

jdee
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Send it on. :thumbsup:

yarncharmer
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
we've been having a monsoon for the past couple of hours, but the power just came back on. Hopefully I can get it sent to you today, jdee, but if not, tomorrow. I had just gone out earlier to take care of some things when the storm hit. I came back home and now have things to get done before I can get to the post office.

Mulderknitter, do you want to let people on ravelry know about these snuggles - there is only one spot left on each of them, I think. Rather than take a spot on chicken little, I was thinking maybe I'd start another one, so I can get the needles back out into circulation. Is that ok with you? Or should I wait a while?

Mulderknitter
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
You are right Yarncharmer! There is only one spot left on each Chicken Little and Kitten Caboodle! go ahead and get those needles going!
The lineup for the new knits so far is
Kitten Caboodle (acrylic)
Yarncharmer
Melmac51
JDee

Chicken Little (cotton)
Vertigo1414
JDee
Melmac51

Anyone want to take the last leg of these?

Mulderknitter
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Kitten Caboodle is ready to send out. JDee are you ready for it?
Do you need Jdee's address?

Vertigo1414
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
i'll finish up Kitten if no one else wants to.

yarncharmer
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I've got jdee's address :thumbsup: I didn't get it sent out today but will tomorrow.

I think I'll start a cotton one, if that's ok. They're just so soft and nice. It will be several days before I can do it though. I still have a preemie blanket that I'll need to do first. "Buddy" is about 1/2 way done and looks good!

I'd be happy to do Chicken Little if no one else wants to, but thought I'd wait to make sure there aren't other takers first.

Mulderknitter
08-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I've got jdee's address :thumbsup: I didn't get it sent out today but will tomorrow.

I think I'll start a cotton one, if that's ok. They're just so soft and nice. It will be several days before I can do it though. I still have a preemie blanket that I'll need to do first. "Buddy" is about 1/2 way done and looks good!

I'd be happy to do Chicken Little if no one else wants to, but thought I'd wait to make sure there aren't other takers first.
I don't mind waiting a day or so to see if there are any other takers! I know Cheley likes to finish off blankets, and there are some others we haven't heard from in a bit.
Go ahead and start another blanket if you want. Sometimes if I have an hour or so when I don't have anything going on I'll cast on and have one "waiting" for when we need it. Peachy has been done for a while, I just waited until the right time.

yarncharmer
08-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Since there are a few people over on Ravelry who want to join us, should I post the new blanket over there first? If I have time, maybe I can start a couple. I like your idea of having a few of them started and waiting 'until the time is right'.

Mulderknitter
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Since there are a few people over on Ravelry who want to join us, should I post the new blanket over there first? If I have time, maybe I can start a couple. I like your idea of having a few of them started and waiting 'until the time is right'.
Go right ahead! There were 2 people on Rav that were joining us, but something came up and they can't now. but there are still a few if you want to invite them too!

Vertigo1414
08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
blog is updated for the week, if i messed anything up let me know

jdee
08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
You Are My Sunshine is on its way to Vertigo1414. The blog looks great!

yarncharmer
08-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm almost finished with Buddy - just about an inch to go. I'll try to post pictures of it and the others I've finished soon.

The next one I'm going to start will be cotton with neon green and pink for the starting colors. Any takers? I'm going to post it on Ravelry too....

Jdee, Kitten Caboodle should arrive on Monday... :happydance:

Vertigo1414
08-06-2009, 05:35 PM
just have to brag for a min...went to my LYS last night and they got a bunch of clerance stuff in including a ton of lion brand cotton in a bunch of colors. i got a skein of white for my scrubbies and 2 colored ones for snuggles for $4...happy dance time:woohoo:
BTW i left the last 2 spots open on the 2 newest blankets in case someone from ravelry wants them, i know yarmcharmer and i said we would step up if need be.

Mulderknitter
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Nice score on the yarn Vertigo! I am always up for the cotton snuggles too, so I can step in as well.
Thanks for stepping up both you and Yarncharmer, I sure do appreciate the way that this forum works. People seem to rotate being able to help out at different times with starting blankets and such. I know we all are busy at different times of the year, and I soooo appreciate people that get involved whent they can:muah: :grphug:
As of tonight we have 3 open spots on Rainbow brite cotton, 1 spot on chicken little cotton, and 1 spot on kitten caboodle acrylic.
Anyone that hasn't been on one in a while want in? I hate to exclude anyone:yay:

Mulderknitter
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I had an idea for our wonderful blog operated by Vertigo1414. If you have donated a blanket, could you let us know where you donated it to? maybe we could put a list of donation spots on the blog, so that people know where the blankets went to or where if they live near there is a good place. Donation spots absolutely do not have to be to the sites listed by the snuggle project, this forum is using the snuggle project as a guideline for the project. I know a lot of you have great spots, and some not so much. Let us know about your snuggle donation experience!
Post here, including pics if you have them, and we can add them to the blog!

Mulderknitter
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Peachy went in the mail today!:muah:

Mulderknitter
08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
It's not knitting related, but had to share a pic of our new cat Dexter helping me with a puzzle today.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture368.jpg

Shandeh
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM
It looks like the new cat is right at home now. :heart:

jdee
08-10-2009, 02:05 PM
THat's so funny. I used to love to put jigsaws together, but since I have so many cats now, it's impossible to finish one without missing pieces.

Well, I recieved Kitten Caboodle today. Thanks so much for the beautiful blue cotton yarn. :muah:

Mulderknitter
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
THat's so funny. I used to love to put jigsaws together, but since I have so many cats now, it's impossible to finish one without missing pieces.

I usually have a few missing pieces too, but oh well!
I like puzzles kinda the same way I like knitting, it's the process that relaxes me. Except for that day of course!:roflhard:

jdee
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
I love puzzles, too. When I only had two cats, I could fend them off ok, but with 6....well, I'm just too outnumbered now. :teehee:

yarncharmer
08-11-2009, 09:32 AM
You're welcome jdee!

Mulderknitter, I'm glad your kitties are settling in. Dexter is beautiful - he's lucky to have found a new home with you.

Vertigo1414
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
you are my sunshine arrived today and looks fabulous. it was funny as soon as i took it out of the plastic bag it had 2 noses all over it. they must have smelled jdee's cats. btw thanks for the candle jdee. i'll post pics when it's done.

cheley
08-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone...rec'd "Scrappy" a few weeks back...just a little Fyi, Had to take a "knitting time off".. OUCH...the good ole arthritis got me in the index finger:waah: ,then a very nasty gastro virus..dbl yuk!!!!!! I can "maybe" knit continental, but I can't hide my knitting (away from the cats) fast enough to head to the salle de bain....:aww: BTW Whatever happened to SNUGGLY WUGGLY???

jdee
08-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Chicken Little arrived safely today. Thank you for the cute little pouch filled with buttons. :muah:

Mulderknitter
08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been a bit gone from here for updates, things got kinda out of control on the home front.
First, welcome Cricket22!:muah:
For a quick update on blankets that need knitters, we have 2 spot on Chicken Little Cotton, and 2 spots on Rainbow Brite cotton
Kitten Caboodle acrylic has 1 spot open, and Patches is being cast on by Vertigo1414 and has 2 spots open.
Vertigo is doing a great job with keeping our website updated, so check there if you are wondering about the order of knitters on blankets, or check here!

Mulderknitter
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
New update! We've switched some things around for our new knitter to join!
Kitten Caboodle:
Yarncharmer: done
JDee: working on it
Melmac51
Cricket22

Patches:
Yarncharmer: casting on
3 places open

Chicken little: (cotton)
Vertigo1414: done
JDee: working on it
Melmac51
Cricket22

Rainbow Brite (cotton)
Yarncharmer: working on it
Vertigo1414
2 spots open

Hope this clears up the new blanket order for everyone!

Vertigo1414
08-17-2009, 05:55 PM
small edit i'm casting on Patchs not yarncharmer. the blog should get updated tonight, assuming i don't fall asleep first

sgtpam
08-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I have pictures.......:woot:

I took Pretty Pets to Little Orphan Angels this weekend.

and Scrappy Two is ready and will go next weekend. I was telling my massage therapist about the snuggles project and she got so excited (she's also a major pet lover). She told me that she has a client who is working with a foster program in town, so she's going to get Scrappy Two.

sgtpam
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Now.......I have 2 sets of empty needles and I'm caught up on my deadline knitting. Oops........:oops:
I just looked again...I have 4 sets of empty snuggle oddball needles....how'd that happen:noway:

I can cast on one now, hold on to them till you're ready or send them on...or any combination of these; whatever you want.:knitting:

You can also put me on one more of the new ones...doesn't matter which one:knitting:

yarncharmer
08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh good Vertigo - I was kind of not remembering Patches.

I have several needles on hand right now, too, but I'm not going to have any time in the immediate future to cast on. I've got some deadlines in August and early September, and I'm feeling the pressure. :knitting:

So, I can hold on to them for awhile, or send them on to someone else, or some combo -- like Pam said :cool:

Mulderknitter
08-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone so much! i love those pictures! And it's lovely to know we have a great place to donate to!
As for the empty needles, I'm out of needles right now, so if anyone wants to forward them to me I can keep them for when casting on time is right, or you can hold onto them for casting on yourself. Just keep them in the pet snuggle family! Pm me if you want to send them to me. I think with the open spots and Sept/Oct coming soon, maybe we could wait to cast on and then go back to the normal 5 person snuggles? What do you all think?:waving:

Mulderknitter
08-17-2009, 08:36 PM
You can also put me on one more of the new ones...doesn't matter which one:knitting:
Do you have a preference on cotton or acrylic?

sgtpam
08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Do you have a preference on cotton or acrylic?

Ah what the heck......put me on one of each...I've made enough decision for the day!:teehee:

pm me your addee...I'm sure I had it, I really need to put all my oddball addresses in one place.......:??

I'll hold one set and send you the other 3.....K?

jdee
08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I can knit on Patches and Rainbow. :)

SgtPam, I love the finished Snuggle pictures. I'm very happy with how the scrappy one turned out.

Vertigo1414
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
my mom went to a fair over the weekend (where is beyond me) and got me 6 balls of red heart super saver for a quarter each so i can knit acrylic till the cows come home. i got 2 white, 3 peachish and one mauve/pink thing.

jdee
08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I just sent Chicken Little and Kitten Caboodle off to Melmac.:muah:

Mulderknitter
08-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys!
We just have the 1 last spot open on Patches now!

Vertigo1414
08-19-2009, 12:05 AM
did i ever mention that Patches will be a scrappy style blanket? not that anyone doesn't have the acrylic scrap sitting around :teehee:

jdee
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I can work on Patches. I have tons of little scraps.

Vertigo1414
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm updating the blog as i type (i actually have it open in another tab, hehe).I have some pictures to add, but I won't be able to get to that untill tomorow(i hope). I got You are my Sunshine finished today, I'm going to try and donate that and Pleasant Dreams on friday if i can get a ride over to the shelter.
Please check the blog and make sure i didn't forget anyone!

melmac51
08-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Hello All!

Just letting you know that Kitten Caboodle and Chicken Little were waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work. I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :cheering: :cheering:

Vertigo1414
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
on the way over to cape ann animal aid to donate Pleasant Dreams and You are my Sunshine.
i just want to let everyone know the next 4 weeks are going to be a little busy for me, since i'm going back to school so the blog updates may get a little sporatic until i get a routine going, but i'll try my best.

Mulderknitter
08-23-2009, 06:05 PM
We have a new member from Ravelry! Welcome Lauriena!

Vertigo1414
08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
well i got you are my sunshine donated friday. so i was almost finished with it and i laid it out on my bed to measure it, i turn around to get my measuring tape and i turn back and there's a Mittens on the snuggle. At least we know it's dog approved ;)
http://www.vertigosweb.com/knits/pics/mizsun.JPG

Mulderknitter
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
It's so pretty! Thanks for the pic! Made me smile on a Monday morning!

Shandeh
08-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh how precious! My heart is glowing! :heart: :heart:

melmac51
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Love that one! (Yellow is my favorite color.) I think Mittens likes it so much, you may have to make him/her one of his/her own.

jdee
08-24-2009, 04:55 PM
OH, how sweet and adorable....and the blanket's beautiful. Thanks for the picture.

Mulderknitter
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I've put Lauriena from Rav on the last spot for Patches, we are now full up!

Mulderknitter
08-24-2009, 07:50 PM
From everything I've heard from new reasearch and my own experience, cats and dogs can actually see some colors. My own kitties tend to go for the more bright colors, maybe that's why Mittens likes our snuggle so much?

Vertigo1414
08-24-2009, 11:28 PM
who knows, she just likes to get in my way. she's been a big slug since it got hot out.
i finally casted on for Patches today, it's been a busy week. I had another baby blanket show up today. i just need to turn off the computer and knit.:knitting:

Vertigo1414
08-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Patches is ready to get mailed out, who's next?

chj
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Pet Snuggle people!! Please tell me if I'm out of line to post this question here... I meet weekly with a knitting group here in my neighborhood. Today they were all lamenting about their large stashes of leftover yarn, and being an animal lover, I have always liked the idea of making snuggles. I'm thinking of doing it with my group (I told them about it, and they thought it would be fun) but we would do it locally and work directly with the local shelter (rather than mailing with all of you). I did read the "rules" on the Snuggles Project page, and I intend to join and donate and report to them what we make, so that they get credit for what we do. Is there anything else I should think of?

OK so far? My main question for you all is, what are your favorite patterns, both knit and crochet? We have knitters and crocheters in our group.

Anyway, I think that what you all are doing is great, and I'm sure all the critters appreciate it too. :hug:

Thanks!
Carol