PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

chj
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi - I stop in every once in a while to see how you all are doing. It's a wonderful thing you do!! I continue to make snuggles for my local shelter when I have time. I just donated my 24th one since mid-last year! I hope that the shelters where you donate them appreciates them as much as my local shelter does. I found out that they sometimes give them with newly adopted cats, which is kind of fun. I poked in at the shelter's web site and caught a picture of a kitty on one, so I thought I'd share. Anyway, keep up the good work!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

jdee
04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I probably have her addy somewhere, but would you mind PMing it to me anyway. I don't want to take the chance of mixing her up with someone else.

Mulderknitter
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Twillight has been started, but my Grandma wanted in on the action, so before it goes off to Melmac51, it's going to her. I hope no one minds! :muah: It will just shift everyone's spot down 1.

Mulderknitter
04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
The right hand bar of the blog is updated again with our blanket status! :muah:
If you think something is off or you want to change something, let me know...
It's getting to that time where we have a lot of blankets being finished and not a lot on the move anymore. I'd like to get some more going and have more activity!
Do you have any ideas? Are there any blankets you really liked working on? Did you like the fun fur? Do you have other crazy yarn (I know I do:knitting: ) that you think would work? What about chunky yarn?
Please, give us all your ideas! I can get some more going and get you all on the lists! Lets get some blankets on the move again!:muah:

melmac51
05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Twilight is ready for the next knitter! ...and Misty Morning is just about finished...

Mulderknitter
05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I just pm'd you to check on it!
thanks!

I am getting another blanket started, but haven't had anyone offer to start any for me which is why we're so low right now.
Does anyone have any needles and want to start one or want to mail them to someone who can??:muah:

mspwrz
05-17-2010, 06:49 PM
What size needles do you use and are the straight or circular?
thanks!

I am getting another blanket started, but haven't had anyone offer to start any for me which is why we're so low right now.
Does anyone have any needles and want to start one or want to mail them to someone who can??:muah:

Mulderknitter
05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
What size needles do you use and are the straight or circular?
We use size 10 to 10.5 US sizes. We use circular needles because they can hold the size of the blanket and be folded up nicely for mailing
:yay:

melmac51
05-18-2010, 08:59 AM
thanks!

I have the needles from Misty Morning. I'll start one if you want. Do you want cotton or acrylic?

cricket22
05-18-2010, 09:43 AM
thanks!

I have the needles form "Furry Friends" and a lot of green acrylic leftover. How about "Enchanted Forest"

cricket22
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
P.S. Feel free to add me to "Patriotic Paws" if that spot is still available.

yarncharmer
05-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Cricket, I finished Patriotic Paws a couple of weeks ago, and it's been donated to a Shih Tzu rescue group. It turned out really cute! I also finished Snug as a Bug last night-- another pretty one! Now I just need to do Team Spirit, and donate it and "Bug" and I will be finished with all the snuggles in my possession. I will try to post pics of them all, too, but I seem to be picture-posting challenged. :cool:

yarncharmer
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Oh, yeah, and I have empty needles from Patriotic Paws, Snug as a Bug, Peachy, and soon will have them from Team Spirit. :aww: sorry to end up with so many :aww: but most of them all arrived here near the same time. I can start one and send some needles around to some other people to start some more. Who wants them? :happydance:

cricket22
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the update Yarncharmer. I'd be happy to be added to any upcoming blankets.

Shandeh
05-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I just noticed that someone posted a comment on the blog, saying they would like to help with the Snuggles. Their comment is on the Feb 14 post.

jdee
05-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Ooh, I'd love to work on one called Enchaned Forest. I have tons of green.

mspwrz
05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
I have lots of small pieces of odds and ends of projects in acrylic. I was thinking of starting a new snuggle and calling it 'Kitchen Sink" I would make one strand a continuous solid color and the other I would use to 'use up' the small pieces that I dont really know what to do with. What do you thinK? If you think it is a good idea, I be happy to get one started for us. If there are any going please put me on the list.:heart:

yarncharmer
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea, mspwrz! I think there was one with black carried throughout and then a different color for each section, and it turned out really pretty! And I think having lots of smaller scraps within the sections sounds like it would look great, especially with the one color carried through the whole thing. Would you like me to send you a set of needles? The needles stay with the project through the whole snuggle, so I'd be glad to send you some dedicated snuggle-needles so you don't have to give up some of your own. Just let me know!

mspwrz
05-19-2010, 12:06 AM
That would be great. I have started a baby snuggle before but this will be my first pet snuggle. I just think it will look really cute with several different colors accented with one main color AND I can use up some of those odds and ends that we alll probably have.:woot:
I think that sounds like a great idea, mspwrz! I think there was one with black carried throughout and then a different color for each section, and it turned out really pretty! And I think having lots of smaller scraps within the sections sounds like it would look great, especially with the one color carried through the whole thing. Would you like me to send you a set of needles? The needles stay with the project through the whole snuggle, so I'd be glad to send you some dedicated snuggle-needles so you don't have to give up some of your own. Just let me know!

Mulderknitter
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Wow you guys! Thanks for all the help! I will try to get you all organized on my spreadsheet and update the blog! I will post when it is, and let you know of spots & blankets!
:muah: :muah: :muah:

melmac51
05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
You can put me on "Kitchen Sink". Thanks!

jdee
05-22-2010, 06:09 PM
When I was at Hobby Lobby today, I found a set of size 10 circs in the discount sale bin. I got them to use for a new snuggle. I thought of putting red and brown together and calling it Chocolate cover cherries, but I'm thinking it would open more color options if we called it Box of Chocolates. Then we can pair brown with just about any color.

Mulderknitter
05-22-2010, 09:36 PM
When I was at Hobby Lobby today, I found a set of size 10 circs in the discount sale bin. I got them to use for a new snuggle. I thought of putting red and brown together and calling it Chocolate cover cherries, but I'm thinking it would open more color options if we called it Box of Chocolates. Then we can pair brown with just about any color.
That sounds awesome to me!

I plan to have the blog and blanket list updated Sunday. :muah:

Mulderknitter
05-23-2010, 04:55 PM
The blog has been updated with a few pics of finished blankets and 3 new ones that are being started, so we have some open spots! Do you want to be on a blanket or want to start one? Let me know!

cricket22
05-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Enchanted Forest is ready for the next knitter and I'd love to be included on the chocolate blanket!

mspwrz
05-24-2010, 01:01 AM
I would like to be included on Box of Chocolates!:woot:

melmac51
05-24-2010, 09:20 AM
You can add me to Box of Chocolates too.

jdee
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks, fellow snuggle knitters! I guess I better get started on that chocolate one. Also, I'll be ready for Enchanted forest anytime you want to send it.

Mulderknitter
05-25-2010, 08:04 AM
I forgot to check with JDee last night on the enchanted forest spot.
JDee, if you want to pm your address to Cricket22 that would be great, or I can do it tonight when I get home.
Thanks guys!:muah:

jdee
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Just pm'd her. Choclate is ready to go when the next knitter is ready.

cricket22
05-26-2010, 11:11 AM

WoW jdee you're fast! Enchanted Forest was sent out this morning.

jdee
05-26-2010, 03:08 PM
WoW jdee you're fast! Enchanted Forest was sent out this morning
I knit it up during the 2 hour finale of 24. I just happened to have unbusy hands that day, so I busied them with this.

Mulderknitter
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Cricket22 is the next knitter, I'll pm her!

jdee
06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I got Chocolate mailed off today, and enchanted forest arrived. Thank you for the eye grow. It's so cute.

Mulderknitter
06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
3 Blankets are in the mail to donate to Feline Rescue of Mpls, Mn!
:muah: :muah:

jdee
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Enchanted Forest is ready for the next knitter.:)

Mulderknitter
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Enchanted Forest is ready for the next knitter.:)
I pm'd the next knitter!

cricket22
06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Box of Chocolate arrived today. Thanks for the memo pad. I love those little pens. I am adding mint meltaway for my section.Mmmm Yummy.

cricket22
06-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Box of Chocolates is ready for it's next flavor. Finished it while watching the Hawks win the Stanley Cup!!! Must admit it was difficult to knit and bite my nails at the same time.

jdee
06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Enchanted Forest went out yesterday. Cricket, you're so funny. Maybe the snuggle saved your nails. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Box of Chocolates is ready for it's next flavor.
I pm'd the next knitter!
Glad you had fun knitting it!:muah:

cricket22
06-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I pm'd the next knitter!
Glad you had fun knitting it!:muah:

Not only did I have fun knitting this but a customer came in my line today(I'm a cashier) and gave me a box of chocolate, Mint meltaways! If someone gives Jdee some chocolate covered cherries then I will think this is some magical Snuggle. So I suggest that whoever works on this next pick their most favorite flavor of chocolate. You never know!

Mulderknitter
06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Not only did I have fun knitting this but a customer came in my line today(I'm a cashier) and gave me a box of chocolate, Mint meltaways! If someone gives Jdee some chocolate covered cherries then I will think this is some magical Snuggle. So I suggest that whoever works on this next pick their most favorite flavor of chocolate. You never know!
The one blanket I'm not on! Dang it!:hair:

melmac51
06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Twilight is on it's way to the next knitter.

Confirmation Number: 03093220000226930007

Mulderknitter
06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to let you all know I got a lovely thank you card from Feline Rescue thanking us for the 3 blankets we donated!
The card reads:
Many thanks for the hand-knitted cat beds you sent us-let me assure you we'll put them to good use! Our cats love cuddly blankets to curl up on and they know just how to break them in!

jdee
06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I just checked the blog for spaces, and noticed you need a knitter to finish Kitchen Sink. I can do that, as well as a portion of Purple People Eater.

Mulderknitter
06-24-2010, 09:27 AM
I just checked the blog for spaces, and noticed you need a knitter to finish Kitchen Sink. I can do that, as well as a portion of Purple People Eater.
Thanks! KnittyMcKnit is also done with her portion of Twillight, are you ready to finish it off?

Mulderknitter
06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
I will update the blog sometime today or Friday!

jdee
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks! KnittyMcKnit is also done with her portion of Twillight, are you ready to finish it off?
Ready. :)

mspwrz
06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Kitchen Sink will be in the mail to Melanie in LA in the morining. I will post the confirmation number as soon as I get home from the post office. I originally planned for one strand to be the same color through out the blanket (black) but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of it being the same color throughout the section so that you can use up those odds and ends. So ladies on the list, use everything and the kitchen sink!!!:muah:

Mulderknitter
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
The blog is now updated, and we have 2 new blankets, United Nations (flag colors) and Fiesta!
:muah:

cricket22
06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Box of Chocolates is on it's way!

mspwrz
06-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Kitchen sink is in the mail to Melanie in LA, Confirmation Number is 0309 1830 0001 1317 4405 . Havew fun with it Melanie!

mspwrz
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
It has been quiet a coup;e of days. I just checked on Kitchen Sink and it shows to be in transit. I have not seen confirmation on Box of Chocolates but am anxiously awaiting. Have a great day ladies!

cricket22
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
It has been quiet a coup;e of days. I just checked on Kitchen Sink and it shows to be in transit. I have not seen confirmation on Box of Chocolates but am anxiously awaiting. Have a great day ladies!

DCon# is 9101 1288 8230 0209 9153 57 It was in Fort Worth
just after midnight you should receive it shortly.

mspwrz
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Box of Chocolates has arrived safely in Wichita Falls. I am thinking of a milk chocolate and orange creme if I can find the right shade of orange. I Love it! What a nice way to pass the rainy days brought on by Alex!!!!!

mspwrz
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Box of Chocolates now has an Orange Creme and Milk Chocolate band to go along with the Mint Meltaway and Chocolate Covered Cherry bands and is ready for the next knitter!

mspwrz
07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Kitchen sink shows to have been delivered on Friday to Melanie in LA. Box of Chocolates will be mailed to the next knitter as soon as I hear from Mulderknitter as to who is next up. I will try to post a picture again this afternoon. I have to lower the settings on my camera so that the file is not too large to post on the site. I am still learning how to do this. Hope everyone had a blessed 4th as our family did (in spite of the rain).:muah:

mspwrz
07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Box of Chocolates is on its way to Melanie in LA. Confimation # 0309 1830 0001 1314 3272.

Happy KNitting everyone!

jdee
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Twilight arrived today and it's just gorgeous. I believe I'm supposed to finish this one. I'll take a picture when it's done.
Edited to say Thank you for the beaded bookmark. I now have two, and I love them.

melmac51
07-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Kitchen Sink will be in the mail to Melanie in LA in the morining. I will post the confirmation number as soon as I get home from the post office. I originally planned for one strand to be the same color through out the blanket (black) but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of it being the same color throughout the section so that you can use up those odds and ends. So ladies on the list, use everything and the kitchen sink!!!:muah:

I have Kitchen Sink, and received Box of Chocolates this afternoon. Thanks for the lovely book marks and Mary Englebreit Journal!

My daughter was visiting and knitted a few rows onto Kitchen Sink. She loves all animals.

mspwrz
07-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I spent the afternooon volunteering at an adoption event for the Wichita County Humane Society. I had never volunteered before but my son and his girlfriend were going and asked me to come along. We had a great time! I will be volunteering regularly at the shelter now that I have seen the sweet animals there. They will take snuggles and blankets. I am going to try and make a few sewn ones as well as knitted ones.
I am going back tomorrow to visit some of the dogs and meet some of the kitties in the cat habitat with the kids. Will try to post pics if I can get them.

jdee
07-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Here is Twilight finished. I'll be mailing this to The Little Orphaned Angels rescue next week.

jdee
08-03-2010, 02:06 PM
It really hurts me to do this. My husband will soon be changing jobs, and we will be losing a large portion of our income for a period of time. Because I need to tighten our budget during this transitional period, and mailing snuggles costs extra money, I'm going to have to withdraw from the oddball snuggle project for a while. I hate to do this so much, but I'm going to have to remove my name from the snuggles I've signed for. I'll be back the second our finances return to normal.

Shandeh
08-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I'll be praying for your situation, jdee!

Mulderknitter
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I am sorry that you are in a tough spot JDee, but understand completely the need to step back. Thanks for letting me know!:muah:

jdee
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks, both of you, for your support.

Mulderknitter
08-08-2010, 05:48 PM
The blog is updated on the right bar again. If I missed something, like you have a blanket or are still waiting on one that hasn't arrived, please let me know. I would like to get the ones in progress finished up so that we can get the # of blankets down a bit because of how small our group has gotten recently.
Thanks everyone!

melmac51
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Hello All!

Just a note to say that "Kitchen Sink", and "Box of Chocolates" are ready for the next knitters. Sorry it took me so long, but we had a few obstacles. My DH went in for an outpatient surgery, and we found out that he has non-hodgkins lymphoma and chronic lymphocitic leukemia. What a shock! His surgery was on the Monday after I lost my job.

Between taking care of him as he recovered from his surgery, and picking up the slack while he's unable to cut the grass and his other "husbandly" chores, I was just too exhausted to knit for awhile there. Back on it though...I even brought them with me to a few of his doctors and procedures appointments. He's doing okay, the cancer is very treatable. He started his treatments last week, and so far, he's only had a couple of bad days.

Just let me know who to mail those snuggles to, and I'll get them to the post office! Also, I have a set of needles from the snuggle that I completed. Any suggestions for themes for the next snuggle?

:grphug:

mspwrz
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Melanie,
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I just knew that something must be wrong because you pretty much disappeared for a while. My mom is a breast cancer survivor so I understand the way that it can totally rock your world in a bad way. Things have been pretty slow as the summer has heated up so I don't think any one is upset about the delay. I am getting ready to go back to my teaching job next week but will work some this week to get my new room ready. I will be praying for both your employment situation and your husbands treatment.

Mulderknitter
08-10-2010, 12:29 AM
We never mind and completely understand that life happens to all of us. I am sorry that you are going thru such a rough patch, :muah: I will check with the next knitters. Summers are notoriously slow for us oddball knitters, so really, no worries at all! Here's to a speedy recovery and well wishes for you!:muah:

melmac51
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Hello All!

I sent out Box of Chocolates (03101230000231991481) and Kitchen Sink (03101230000231991474) today.

:thumbsup:

jdee
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
It's been so chaotic I forgot to tell Muldarknitter that I sent the needles from my last finished snuggle. I hope it isn't long until I'm back on the list, but for now, I thought it best keep the needles in the loop...and I'm temporarily out of the loop. :cry:

mspwrz
10-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I got Purple People Eater in the mail yesterday and I will be working on it later this week. I am very concerned that our group seems to have dwindled. It makes me sad because the snuggles are an easy knit that anyone can do. Being a shelter volunteer, I know that there are countless animals out there that need the snuggles. I really wish for new life for our group. The need is most definitely there.

chj
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
I got Purple People Eater in the mail yesterday and I will be working on it later this week. I am very concerned that our group seems to have dwindled. It makes me sad because the snuggles are an easy knit that anyone can do. Being a shelter volunteer, I know that there are countless animals out there that need the snuggles. I really wish for new life for our group. The need is most definitely there.

Hi Rhonda - Yes, it's been fun watching this group do so much for the shelters. All of you Snuggles knitters inspired me, and I just finished my 38th one. My stash is big and I get leftover yarn from other people (and use my 40% off coupons from Michaels, etc.) and so I launched my own Snuggle campaign a little over a year ago. When I take the Snuggles to the shelter, they love them. And I often see pictures on the shelter's web site with a kitty sitting on one I made.

So keep up the good work, everyone!

CHJ

mspwrz
11-12-2010, 07:30 PM
PPE is on the move to Crystal in IL. Confirmation # 0301 0480 0001 4073 4502.

Shandeh
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I would like to make a challenge to all the Oddball Blanket groups.

Use my design ideas to knit two blankets for your group.

Blanket 1: “GENIUS” :cool:
Black, White, and Red

Blanket 2: “SUPERHERO” :star:
Comic Book Colors

I think it will be interesting to see what each group does with this!
I will make a new blog, showing the progress of the blankets. Be sure to post photos, which I can use to highlight the work for your regions!

When the blankets are complete, I will send an additional blanket (knit by me) to your region, for you to donate in your area. So, everyone will be a winner! :)

yarncharmer
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I'd love to start the Superhero snuggle, if that's ok. I have an empty set of snuggle needles that I can use.

Let me know if that's ok Mulderknitter

cricket22
02-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I've been away for a while but would be happy to start the "Genius" snuggle. Anxious to get started again. Let me know if that
s O.K.

sakura-panda
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi all! :waving:

I haven't been around or doing much knitting lately, but I was thinking I'd like to sign up for these blankets again. It's been about two years since I last participated (when I was on maternity leave for my now two year old :teehee:) and I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Are you taking new knitters? How much time do we get with each blanket? What are the requirements again? Is the process the same or have there been changes and improvements? (Not that I remember what I did before. :blush:)

I'd be happy to be at the beginning, middle or end of a blanket -- I have a couple of local shelters that I think would accept them and I would love the excuse to go buy a new circ -- just let me know. :)

I guess I could just make my own too, but I remember how fun it was keeping track of the blankets and watching them grow! And how interesting it was to see the differences in everyone's garter stitch.

Shandeh
03-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi Katie! :waving:

I'll let Mulderknitter know about your questions.
Thanks for helping out! :hug:

tinajane
06-07-2011, 04:13 AM
How much time do we get with each blanket? What are the requirements again? Is the process the same or have there been changes and improvements? (Not that I remember what I did before.?:cheering:

TreshaRuthe
08-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I realize that this appears to be past its heyday, but I would love to participate in this if we still have a group going. If we don't is there someway we can get another going and try to start this back up? There's a lot of good work we can do and a lot of animals we can help with this kind of cooperative community.

Tre'sha.

CountryNaturals
08-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Our daughter runs a sanctuary for special needs animals in Northern California. There's never enough money to cover spay/neuter, food, and vet bills. I buy yarn at yard sales, then knit or crochet pet beds, toys, and blankets for the critters, and also people products to sell online with all the proceeds going to the animals. I'M ALWAYS UP FOR ANY PET/YARN PROJECT THAT ANYBODY WANTS TO WORK ON. I can also promote what others are doing on my websites, Twitter, Facebook, etc. :happydance:

Shandeh
08-06-2011, 06:32 PM
It looks like Mulderknitter (the leader of the Oddball Pet Snuggles) is not participating here in the KH Forum anymore. And there aren't any active discussions in the Ravelry group either.

I'll be happy to start a blanket for you all here, and the rest of you can knit sections, finish it off, and donate it to a shelter. I'm allergic to animal hair, so I can only START blankets. (I know that several of you have animals that "love on" the blankets as you are working on them.) :wink:

Then, when the snuggle is finished, that knitter can start another blanket, and get the ball rolling again. This way, we will at least have some snuggles being created for the animals.

Here is the chart I made, that shows the different sizes of snuggles we can make.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/2400558768_735fd3b36f_o.jpg

Shandeh
08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Since it's been so long since our group has knit a snuggle, let's just start over here. I just need to know who is participating now. You can send me a private message, with your name and mailing address to sign up. (Don't post your name and address here, since this is a public forum)

I will be happy to manage the snuggles here in the KH Forum. We are a smaller, more intimate group than the one in Ravelry.

bugsyblacklab
08-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I just sent you a private post with my name and address. I hope I did it right, as I am not familiar with this type forum. I would love to work on Pet Snuggles. I have lots of acrylic and cotton (an embarrassing amount) and I need to pare down my stash!

Bugsyblacklab (yes, that's my baby) :knitting:

Shandeh
08-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I got your message! :thumbsup:
Thanks for joining in. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pet snuggles we create!

TreshaRuthe
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Shandeh, I had sent you (I think) my info for the SE Baby blankets group... Do you still have it/ did I send it to you?

BTW, I only knit in my bedroom and while I have animals none of them are allowed in my bedroom (or even in my wing of this multi-generational nut house I live in), so you can knit on a blanket that I started :D.

Shandeh
08-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Yay! Thanks, my friend. :)
Yes, I still have your info.

Let's do this thing!

TreshaRuthe
08-07-2011, 12:55 AM
So do we work with themes like with the baby blankets or what? I've got tons of white, lots of red and multiple shades of blue super saver... I've got three cones of ombre yellow/white Peaches N' Cream cotton. (That I can see right this moment...) And if I recall what the first page said, we knit with two strands on size 10 needles right?

Shandeh
08-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Good questions!

Yes, we name our blankets, just like we do with the Oddball Baby Blankets. Makes it easier to keep up with discussions about each blanket. Otherwise, we'd be saying, "I finished my section of that blue and red and orange blanket....who's next?" :teehee:

If you'd like, you can start a "Patriotic Pets" snuggle with your red, white and blue. Send it to me when you finish the first section, and I'll add a section to it. :)

You are correct about the way they are made:

Size 10 or 11 knitting needles. Cast on 72 stitches.
Two strands of yarn held together throughout.
Each section is 5 inches long.

We use either acrylic or cotton....but the fiber should be consistent from beginning to end. Each snuggle should be entirely cotton....or entirely acrylic.

Here's our blog, which hasn't been updated in over a year.
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

I'll update it when we get some snuggles started. I don't know the status of the earlier snuggles. Maybe Mulderknitter can tell us where they are. But, I prefer to focus on starting up new ones.

TreshaRuthe
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I'll pick up a set of needles on my next trip to town, Shandeh!

Shandeh
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Awesome!

So, are you going with the Patriotic idea? If so, I need to get others to sign up to join in making that snuggle.

Did you want to knit the last section as well, so you can get your needles back? If you are, then we only need two more knitters.

TreshaRuthe
08-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I was definitely liking the patriotic idea, and getting my needles back would be lovely, though as long as they keep circulating to keep this going, I'm fine with that as well. (Run-on should have been my middle name...)

Anyway, when it comes right down to it, if we can get a third member that would be lovely, otherwise, I'm happy to do the final slot.

Shandeh
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
:teehee: I try to fit too much in a sentence too. :hug:

So now, we know the details for sure.

We need TWO MORE KNITTERS for the "Patriotic Pets" snuggle.
Anyone interested?

bugsyblacklab
08-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I am interested. Sign me up. :woohoo:

Shandeh
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I am interested. Sign me up. :woohoo:

Awesome! :)
I'll add you to the list.
Now, we just need one more patriotic knitter.
:guyknitting:

Shandeh
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Today, I am sending out a message to all those who participated in our Oddball Pet Snuggle project earlier.

Hopefully, we will get some of them participating with us. Right now, I have 4 knitters on our list, but I'm sure we'll have more very soon. :heart:

sakura-panda
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Just got the PM. :)

I'd love to join up again! I will warn you that I am a bit of a slow knitter -- it was taking me about two weeks to finish my section when I participated before, and I was on maternity leave then! I'm working full-time now and I expect it will take me longer.

If that's not a problem, go ahead and sign me up! I can even start a blanket. :thumbsup:

I'm an acrylic girl; if I ever make a dent in my acrylic stash, maybe I'll consider cotton, but right now I'm looking at this being a stash busting exercise. :teehee:

I also have pets so I can't ever send to Shandeh. :pout: :blush:

Shandeh
08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Welcome back to the Oddball Snugglers, Katie! :hug:

I'm a slow knitter too, so I understand. Maybe we should say that we will each have 3 weeks to knit each section of the snuggles. :thumbsup:

Tresha has started the "Patriotic Pets" snuggle, which is being made with red, white, and blue, of course. We need one more knitter for that one. Would you like to be that one knitter for us?

TreshaRuthe
08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Actually, I will be starting that one on Saturday when I'm stuck in a car for 14 hours. That way I can be certain that no pet gets near it. :D

sakura-panda
08-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome back to the Oddball Snugglers, Katie! :hug:

I'm a slow knitter too, so I understand. Maybe we should say that we will each have 3 weeks to knit each section of the snuggles. :thumbsup:

Tresha has started the "Patriotic Pets" snuggle, which is being made with red, white, and blue, of course. We need one more knitter for that one. Would you like to be that one knitter for us?

Sure, go ahead and add me to the list. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Actually, I will be starting that one on Saturday when I'm stuck in a car for 14 hours. That way I can be certain that no pet gets near it. :D
Good plan! :wink:
I appreciate you doing that for me. :hug:

Sure, go ahead and add me to the list. :thumbsup:
Excellent! Now, we have enough knitters for our Patriotic Pets snuggle! :woohoo:

gill1
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
If you need another knitter, I'd like to help. :teehee:

hi i would love to join in with this i have lots of acrylic yarn to use

Shandeh
08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Gill1,

I wish we could use you to help with our snuggles, but we only use knitters located in the USA.

You're welcome to start a group in Ireland, though! Just check with your local animal shelters, to see what size blankets they need, then get together a group of your knitting friends to make the snuggles as a team, passing the blanket from house to house.

Take care! :hug:

sgtpam
08-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Today, I am sending out a message to all those who participated in our Oddball Pet Snuggle project earlier.

Hopefully, we will get some of them participating with us. Right now, I have 4 knitters on our list, but I'm sure we'll have more very soon. :heart:

Where DO you find the time, my friend?:noway: I'm in...let me know when you're ready to start another one.:knitting:

Shandeh
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Where DO you find the time, my friend?:noway: I'm in...let me know when you're ready to start another one.:knitting:

It's my good friend Pam! Nice to hear that you are joining us with the pet snuggles again. :muah:

I think I will go ahead and cast on one myself. Let me look through my stash, and see what colors I have, then we will give our new snuggle a name. It sure is nice to be leading a small group of Oddball knitters again.
cloud9

CivicSista
08-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Can you please add me to a blanket?

Shandeh
08-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Certainly, my friend! :)
Thanks for joining in again to help us make pet snuggles.

I will cast on a new snuggle this week, and you will be the 3rd knitter. Now, we just need one or two more knitters for that one. And I still need to come up with a name, because I haven't even looked at my stash yet.

I was busy this week, knitting a French Scarf to wear when I go to visit my sister in California at the end of this month. She paid for plane tickets for me and my oldest son to go there for a week. I'm so excited!

I've heard that the nights get chilly in California, so now I'll have something to wrap around my shoulders. cloud9
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6184/6043075801_cab7f912bc.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6043075801/)
Wearing the French Scarf (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6043075801/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

bugsyblacklab
08-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Shandeh, Please add me to your No Name Yet snuggle. Also, be aware that I have six dogs and three cats.:grphug: Keeping them away from my knitting is a full time job in itself. So I can't guarantee that my hairy children have not been on my knitting. Wouldn't want anyone with allergies to knit after me. :thumbsup:

sakura-panda
08-15-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll do it if I'm not up for another one at the same time. I wouldn't want all the blankets stuck at me. :teehee:

Shandeh
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Thank you both!

Which one of you wants to be the last knitter?

Our last knitter will need to bind off the snuggle, donate it to their local animal shelter, and start another snuggle for us.

I've come up with a name for this snuggle. Since I have a lot of brownish colors available in my stash, I'm calling it "Mountain Hike".

All of this yarn was given to me for my charity knitting. I'll be double stranding the Vanna's Choice along with one or two of the other yarns.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6190/6045918661_c5c66aee62.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6045918661/)
Yarn for Snuggles (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6045918661/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

susauehl
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I would like to be signed up for a blanket if there is any!

I also have 4 cats. So there is some cat hair in the house.
Thanks!:happydance:

Shandeh
08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome susauehl! :hug:
We have two snuggles going now, and they are full of knitters. But, I'm sure we will start another soon. Looking forward to getting to know you here in the group!

By the way, you can see our latest list of snuggles, and a list of all our knitters on our blog.
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

I would like to be signed up for a blanket if there is any!

I also have 4 cats. So there is some cat hair in the house.
Thanks!:happydance:

Shandeh
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Today, I received a package of knitting needles for our snuggles, from our former Snuggles group leader Mulderknitter!
Thank you, Mulderknitter! :muah:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6081/6045912367_d1b45c89f9.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6045912367/)
Needles from Mulderknitter (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6045912367/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

bugsyblacklab
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Put me anywhere you want me. :muah:

glowyone
08-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I have a pair of needles left over from when the Rav. Pet Oddballs stopped. Want me to start a blankie, or send them on? Let me know what you want me to do.

sakura-panda
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow, Shandeh! How cool and generous is that! :yay:

If you start a blanket and put me down as the second knitter, you can send me a set (or two) along with it and I can start one (or two). :)

That is, if you want to -- I know that with your allergies it's convenient for you to be at the start! :thumbsup:

CivicSista
08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Put me down for whatever you need- I need to destash!

Shandeh
08-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a pair of needles left over from when the Rav. Pet Oddballs stopped. Want me to start a blankie, or send them on? Let me know what you want me to do.
Nice! Go ahead and start another snuggle for us. You can give it a name too. :heart: Let us know when you are ready for other knitters to sign up for it.

If you start a blanket and put me down as the second knitter, you can send me a set (or two) along with it and I can start one (or two). :)
I DID just start another one! :teehee: I came across some purple yarn in my stash, and decided to blend it with one of the variegated leftovers I found this week. The first section went very quickly, while I was watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix. Love that show! Anyway, I've named this bright, colorful snuggle "Flower Path".
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6050693640_4fbe70f201.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6050693640/)
Flower Path after Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6050693640/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

I will make you the 2nd knitter on that snuggle. Now, we need THREE MORE KNITTERS for the Flower Path snuggle. Just plan on using bright, happy colors for this one. Imagine a pretty flower garden.

Put me down for whatever you need- I need to destash!
Awesome! I'll make you the last knitter for the Flower Path snuggle. That way, you can knit TWO sections, because you'll be ending that one, and starting up another one. :thumbsup:

Now, we just need TWO MORE KNITTERS for the "Flower Path" snuggle. :cheering:

Shandeh
08-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Here is the first section of the Mountain Hike snuggle:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6199/6050130833_579517a960.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6050130833/)
Mountain Hike After Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6050130833/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

bugsyblacklab
08-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I would love a spot on Flower Path, if no one else takes it--don't want to be a blanket hog, just itching to knit!
:X:

susauehl
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I would like to be on Flower Path if you still knitters!

Shandeh
08-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Okay, after looking at our list of knitters, I just realized that 3 of our knitters have not been involved in any of the snuggles yet, so if the rest of you don't mind, I will put all of them on the Flower Path snuggle.

Here's the list of knitters for Flower Path:
Shandeh - done
glowyone
susauehl
calimama
CivicSista

Is this okay that I'm not using you this time, Sakura-Panda and bugsyblacklab?

sakura-panda
08-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Is this okay that I'm not using you this time, Sakura-Panda and bugsyblacklab?

That's fine with me, Sandy. You could even reassign my spot on "Mountain Hike". (I'm spot #4 on both that one AND Patriotic Pets so I am concerned that I will get them at the same time.)

I signed up mostly because I don't have a blanket right now and didn't want any blanket to be left hanging without enough knitters. :pout:

I underestimated our popularity! :happydance:

sakura-panda
08-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Also, I'm wondering how people are doing the ends of the rows? I normally just knit to the end, turn, knit to the end, turn, etc, but I was reading across the board that people have different ways of doing the end stitches.

I've been experimenting with slipping the last stitch purlwise, but I haven't actually finished anything that way and am not sure what I think of it yet.

I don't know that it matters, but I wonder what everyone else does/is doing/will be doing? I would be interested to see if everyone already has the same strategy and I'm the lone one without a plan! :teehee:

bugsyblacklab
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Shandeh, it's fine with me that you are using other knitters on Flower Path. Don't want to leave anyone out of the fun, but don't want any blankets to sit without knitters either. :waving:

sakura-panda, and everyone else. I have tried several ways of working the first and last stitches for a neat edge and this is the one I like best. With the yarn in the back, I slip the first stitch in the row as if to knit; then I knit the second-to-last stitch and purl the last stitch in the row. This gives a twist to the edge stitches and makes them a little tighter than the standard "slip the first stitch purlwise with yarn in front and knit the last stitch". (I have never liked that edge because the stitches are too loosy-goosy to me.) On the oddball baby blankets I have worked on, I just do what the previous knitters have done, so as not to confuse anyone. :knitting:

Shandeh
08-17-2011, 12:18 AM
I always just knit every stitch, from beginning to end, on every row. Looks fine to me. And I like keeping the snuggles easy, so beginners are comfortable joining our project.

Here is a link to a very large photo of a snuggle I just knit. You can see the edge well with that shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6050130833/sizes/o

I teach several young girls to knit, and they have expressed an interest in knitting snuggles for pets also. It's a quick, easy project, and gives love to animals. You just KNOW kids are gonna want to participate in that! :wink:

CivicSista
08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Awesome! I'll make you the last knitter for the Flower Path snuggle. That way, you can knit TWO sections, because you'll be ending that one, and starting up another one. :thumbsup:

Cool deal! Looking forward to it. I'll have to see if I have an extra needles, and I could start one. What size do you all like to use?

Shandeh
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Cool deal! Looking forward to it. I'll have to see if I have an extra needles, and I could start one. What size do you all like to use?

You won't need to worry about knitting needles, because you can just use the ones from the snuggle you finish. :wink:

I used size 10 1/2 needles for the Flower Path snuggle.

sakura-panda
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
sakura-panda, and everyone else. I have tried several ways of working the first and last stitches for a neat edge and this is the one I like best. With the yarn in the back, I slip the first stitch in the row as if to knit; then I knit the second-to-last stitch and purl the last stitch in the row. This gives a twist to the edge stitches and makes them a little tighter than the standard "slip the first stitch purlwise with yarn in front and knit the last stitch". (I have never liked that edge because the stitches are too loosy-goosy to me.) On the oddball baby blankets I have worked on, I just do what the previous knitters have done, so as not to confuse anyone. :knitting:

I always just knit every stitch, from beginning to end, on every row. Looks fine to me. And I like keeping the snuggles easy, so beginners are comfortable joining our project.

I will have to try that method, bugsyblacklab, and see what I think of it, although I suspect I'll be doing the back and forth when it's my turn on this one. I just didn't want to be the only one. :eyes:

Shandeh
08-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Okay, now we have several Oddball Pet Snuggles cast on, and ready to go. Let's not start any more until we get these completed. If we have too many going at once, it just causes confusion for everyone.

We have 3 snuggles listed on our blog:
Patriotic Pets
Mountain Hike
Flower Path

Gill1 in Ireland is casting on one or two more for us.
And glowyone just told me that she has cast on one as well.

That's 5 snuggles - more than enough, since there are only 10 knitters participating.

Here is our current list of knitters:
bugsyblacklab
calimama
CivicSista
Gill1
glowyone
Sakura-Panda
sgtpam
Shandeh
susauehl
TreshaRuthe

sakura-panda
08-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Those of us that don't have a Snuggle in our grubby paws are anxious to get started and we figure if we get 20 or 30 of them going at once, one of them is bound to end up in our laps. :roflhard:

Thanks for keeping track and summarizing for us, Sandy! We'll try to sit back *patiently* and wait for our turns. :eyebrow:

Shandeh
08-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Thanks Katie! :muah:

I think the fun part of our project is the anticipation, and the excitement when we get our package in the mail! I know I have a smile on my face whenever I get a package. Feels like Christmas!

So, now that we are all getting set up and learning more about each other, let's talk about what kinds of treats we would like to get in the mail.

Some of our knitters will include small, inexpensive treats for the next knitter, just to make it a little more fun. We don't spend a lot of money. Just little things. Like tea bags, or chewing gum, or a skein of yarn.

Here are my favorite little treats:
Tic Tacs
Altoids
Chewing Gum (any flavor)
Sour Gummies
Jelly Bellies
Life Savers
Sugar free candies
Tiny boxes or metal tins, for storing knitting gadgets or medicines
Tea bags
A single bag of popcorn
Knitting and Crochet Gadgets (of course!)
Old magazines (any kind)

What kind of treats would the rest of you enjoy?

sakura-panda
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Sandy -- that is an awesome list -- can I steal it for me too? ;) Except for the magazines and the tiny boxes, I can go along with everything else you put down. Those are all so fun! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
08-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Of course! :hug:
Now, we just need to know what everyone else likes.

We have a new snuggle started, and ready to go! "Pink Poodle" is ready to go to the next knitter. Glowyone started it for us. Thanks, my friend! :heart:

Now, we need 4 MORE KNITTERS for "Pink Poodle"

Shandeh
08-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Here is our current list of snuggles.
(located with the person who is in large type)

Patriotic Pets - tresharuth, shandeh, bugsyblacklab, sakura-panda, tresharuth

Mountain Hike - shandeh, sgtpam, CivicSista, sakura-panda, bugsyblacklab

Flower Path - shandeh, calimama, susauehl, glowyone, CivicSista

Pink Poodle - glowyone, ________, ________, ________, ________

sakura-panda
08-23-2011, 11:51 AM

We have a new snuggle started, and ready to go! "Pink Poodle" is ready to go to the next knitter. Glowyone started it for us. Thanks, my friend! :heart:

(located with the person who is in large type)

Patriotic Pets - tresharuth, shandeh, bugsyblacklab, sakura-panda, tresharuth

Flower Path - shandeh, calimama, susauehl, glowyone, CivicSista

Pink Poodle - glowyone, ________, ________, ________, ________

You can put me down for Pink Poodle, Sandy. I don't think I have to worry about an overlap since I'm so far down the list on the other two I've signed up for. :)

Thanks!

glowyone
08-23-2011, 12:28 PM
You can put me down for Pink Poodle, Sandy. I don't think I have to worry about an overlap since I'm so far down the list on the other two I've signed up for. :)

Thanks!
Probably wouldn't take too long too get to you either. Looks like we are both in Southeast MI.

bugsyblacklab
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Pink Poodle sounds like fun. Please add me. :balloons:

Shandeh
08-23-2011, 08:21 PM
You can put me down for Pink Poodle, Sandy. I don't think I have to worry about an overlap since I'm so far down the list on the other two I've signed up for.
Probably wouldn't take too long too get to you either. Looks like we are both in Southeast MI.
Perfect! Sakura-Panda can be the next knitter on "Pink Poodle". glowyone, just send a private message to sakura-panda, to get her mailing address, so you two can work out the transition. :)

Pink Poodle sounds like fun. Please add me. :balloons:
Great! Now, we just need TWO MORE KNITTERS for PINK POODLE.

Shandeh
08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I haven't mailed out my two packages yet, because I've been feelin kinda wonky. Hope to get to the post office tomorrow, though.

TreshaRuthe
08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, I left for Wisconsin on Saturday and was done with my section by Sunday afternoon... I just forgot one very important thing... To have the address of the next person on for me to send it onward in its journey. The picture will follow when I can get somewhere that doesn't have pets.

Shandeh, please put me on the list of only knitting first as well. I have discovered that after years of not living with cats I have developed a massive allergy to cats. Before it was minor and I could live with it, now it's REALLY bad.

As soon as I have the address of where to send Patriotic Pets to it'll go out the following day (hopefully).

TIA,
Tre'sha

susauehl
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM

If there is still room I would take a spot on Pink Poodle!
Susan

:heart:

Shandeh
08-25-2011, 12:51 AM
If there is still room I would take a spot on Pink Poodle! Susan

Thanks Susan! :hug:
Now, we just need ONE MORE KNITTER for Pink Poodle!

Today, I mailed out both of the snuggles I started.
Mountain Hike to sgtpam - 0310-3490-0002-1794-8465
Flower Path to calimama - 0310-3490-0002-1794-8472

glowyone
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Pink Poodle is on its way north to Sakura Panda. Do I turn in the tracking number somewhere?

Shandeh
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Pink Poodle is on its way north to Sakura Panda. Do I turn in the tracking number somewhere?

You can just post the tracking number here.

And I've decided that we won't worry about having a card for everyone to sign. Most of them get lost anyway. When the last knitter finishes up a snuggle, they can write a note, listing the KH Forum names of all the knitters, or they can just let the shelter know that 5 knitters from all over the US each took turns knitting the snuggle.

sgtpam
08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
You can just post the tracking number here.

And I've decided that we won't worry about having a card for everyone to sign. Most of them get lost anyway. When the last knitter finishes up a snuggle, they can write a note, listing the KH Forum names of all the knitters, or they can just let the shelter know that 5 knitters from all over the US each took turns knitting the snuggle.

Good idea

sakura-panda
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Yay! :happydance:

glowyone
08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh ok. I put a card in Pink Poodle, out of habit.

I just saw that there are some allergic knitters. I have more than my fair share of pets. I probably should be towards the end from now on.

Here is the DC # for Pink Poodle. 0309 3220 0001 5008 2636

Shandeh
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
No problem, my friend. :wink: It's a good habit. I just decided to change things yesterday.

I just saw that there are some allergic knitters. I have more than my fair share of pets. I probably should be towards the end from now on.
I'll do my best to keep our snuggles in a good order for our allergy sufferers. *hug*

TreshaRuthe
08-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Thank you bunches and bunches, Sandy. I must admit that the current bout of allergy issues has just about been more than I can handle atm. You're a dream, doll. >:D<

Tre'sha

Shandeh
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I know how you feel, Tresha! My allergies are INSANE!
:mad:
Funny thing is, I am a piano teacher, and teach in other people's homes. Most of my students have pets, so I'm exposed to animals almost every day, all week long. But, my students and their parents know that I'm allergic, so they keep their animals in another room. And I take allergy pills and use an inhaler every day. So, I'm working hard to deal with it.

Fridays are my worst day, because my medicine just can't handle one of the houses I go to teach that day. They have SIX CATS! I teach 3 lessons in that same house, so by the end of the lessons, I'm sneezing and scratching my eyes. So, I use my rescue inhaler as soon as possible, and drive home with the windows down.
:teehee:

sgtpam
08-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Mountain Hike came today. :woot: Thanks for the colorful sock yarn!! I love the bright colors. :hug:

sakura-panda
08-27-2011, 08:06 AM

Here is the DC # for Pink Poodle. 0309 3220 0001 5008 2636

It was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. :) Thanks!

glowyone
08-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Good! Sorry I forgot to put any goodies in the envelope before I sealed it. I meant to, honest :(

sgtpam
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
So, now that we are all getting set up and learning more about each other, let's talk about what kinds of treats we would like to get in the mail.

Some of our knitters will include small, inexpensive treats for the next knitter, just to make it a little more fun. We don't spend a lot of money. Just little things. Like tea bags, or chewing gum, or a skein of yarn.

What kind of treats would the rest of you enjoy?

Here are my favorite surprises::woot:
Knitting Gadgets
Tiny boxes, bags or metal tins, for storing knitting gadgets
Yarn; if it's from someone else's stash, it still counts a stash busting....right?:knitting:
Knitting magazines or patterns
Tea, Spices, Herbs
Sugar free candies, mints

sgtpam
08-28-2011, 06:29 PM

Mountain Hike is almost ready for CivicSista if you want to p.m her address to me...she's not on my old list:cool:

Shandeh
08-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Good! Sorry I forgot to put any goodies in the envelope before I sealed it. I meant to, honest :(

No worries, my friend! We will all have plenty of opportunities to send packages to each other. And there is never a requirement to include gifts. We just sometimes like to do it, for fun.

Mountain Hike is almost ready for CivicSista if you want to p.m her address to me...she's not on my old list:cool:

I am in California this week, visiting my sister. All my addresses are on my computer at home. You can wait until next week, or look for the next knitter in my earlier post here, to see who the next knitter is. Then u could contact them here for their address.

sakura-panda
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM

That's okay -- I was so tickled to finally get a blanket that I don't think I would have been able to notice anything else. :happydance:

I had a busy weekend -- we went away for the weekend and I took it with me but didn't get a chance to start on it; I will definitely get started on it sometime this week! :thumbsup:

bugsyblacklab
08-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Some one in the Oddball Baby Blanket sent me some coffee flavored hard candies that are to die for. The label says "Mini Coffee KOPIKO Cappuccino". I can't find them anywhere around here. They may be a regional thing and not found in Texas. :waah:
I also like:
Chewing Gum
Jelly Bellies
Life Savers
Tiny boxes or metal tins
Tea bags (anything with peach flavor)
A single bag of popcorn
Knitting and Crochet Gadgets
Yarn--come on, don't you have some Why did I buy that?? yarn hiding in your stash :shrug:
Crystal Lite type single drink pouches--tea with, what else, peach or raspberry--love raspberry

calimama
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Flower Path arrived on Saturday. Thank you so much for the sock yarn! Hope you're feeling better.

If there's still a spot on Pink Poodle, I'd love to take it.

sgtpam
08-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I am in California this week, visiting my sister. All my addresses are on my computer at home. You can wait until next week, or look for the next knitter in my earlier post here, to see who the next knitter is. Then u could contact them here for their address.

No problem, she contacted me with her address. Have a great time with your sister!

susauehl
08-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Flower Path arrived on Saturday. Thank you so much for the sock yarn! Hope you're feeling better.

I like tea any flavor
mints
tiny tins or boxes
gum
note cards
anything thing to do with quilting.
most anything not to fussy!

Susan
P.S. since I have 4 cats I probably should be close to the end. I don't want anyone to have a problem!
:happydance:

sgtpam
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM

I sent Mountain Hike to you yesterday and you should get it tomorrow. Forgot to take a picture, though. Have Fun

CivicSista
09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
I sent Mountain Hike to you yesterday and you should get it tomorrow. Forgot to take a picture, though. Have Fun

awesome- will be on the look out for it.

Shandeh
09-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm back! :cheering:
My trip to California was wonderful. If you want to see photos, check out my online collection here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/sets/72157627587993940/with/6114863450/

I put you in the last spot, so you'll be finishing up the Pink Poodle snuggle, donating it in your area, and starting a new snuggle for us with the needles. :hug:

sakura-panda
09-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I've finished with my section of Pink Poodle! :thumbsup:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6090/6114595193_0a279a2ace.jpg

I think that bugsyblacklab is next and I've sent a PM requesting her address. :)

Shandeh
09-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I've finished with my section of Pink Poodle! :thumbsup: I think that bugsyblacklab is next and I've sent a PM requesting her address. :)
Thanks for the photo! :wink:
I've updated the spreadsheet for Pink Poodle. susauehl will be after bugsyblacklab.

CivicSista
09-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I received mountain hike in the mail the other day- have been so busy that I haven;t even opened it yet. About to go get it now :)

Just opened it- Thank you so much for the goodies!!

I see that it has browns in it- think just a green section would be ok? Trees are green :)

susauehl
09-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the photo! :wink:
I've updated the spreadsheet for Pink Poodle. susauehl will be after bugsyblacklab.

Welcome back! Hope you had a good time. I am not sure how to find the spreadsheet for the blankets if it is posted. Could you let me know.
Thanks!

sgtpam
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I received mountain hike in the mail the other day- have been so busy that I haven;t even opened it yet. About to go get it now :)

Just opened it- Thank you so much for the goodies!!

I see that it has browns in it- think just a green section would be ok? Trees are green :)

You're welcome, does our blanket smell like mint?

Green sounds fine...wish we had more of that in the hills of Texas right now.

sakura-panda
09-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Pink Poodle is in the mail! :happydance:

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0311 0240 0000 6027 2132

I had three packages to mail and didn't send any of them priority, which is odd because I normally *always* use priority. :eyes: Coming off a long weekend, I guess I wasn't thinking properly. :oops:

CivicSista
09-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I have another question.... Can I use 1 strand of wool-ease chunky or should I double it up? Sorry for so many questions....

TG

Shandeh
09-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone! :waving:
I bet you were all wondering where I've been. :hiding:

As soon as I got home from California, I got sick with a killer cold. I spent several days in bed, and am just now beginning to get better. I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said I have a bad sinus infection. I'm now on antibiotics, using an inhaler and nasal spray, and running a vaporizer.

My voice sounds bizarre! :help:
If I were an actress, I could easily get the part of a Star Trek alien right now. :teehee:

I received mountain hike in the mail the other day.............I see that it has browns in it- think just a green section would be ok? Trees are green :)
I think green will be perfect! :thumbsup:

Welcome back! Hope you had a good time. I am not sure how to find the spreadsheet for the blankets if it is posted. Could you let me know. Thanks!
I just keep the spreadsheet on my computer. There's only 10 of us, so it works fine for now.

I have another question.... Can I use 1 strand of wool-ease chunky or should I double it up? Sorry for so many questions....TG
We use two strands of worsted weight for all our blankets. Chunky is not quite thick enough, I don't think....but I could be wrong. I guess the only way to know would be to knit a gauge swatch with the chunky, and another swatch with two strands worsted, and see how they measure up to each other.

Shandeh
09-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Susauehl has just started a new snuggle for us!

It's called "Autumn Run", and makes me think of a dog and cat playfully chasing each other, while leaves are falling all around.
cloud9

She has finished the first section, and is ready to mail it to the next knitter. She used size 11 needles, with two strands of worsted weight acrylic. One color is Dark Sage and the other is a variegated called Fall.

Now, we need 4 more knitters for Autumn Run.

bugsyblacklab
09-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Shandeh,

Please add me to Autumn Run. :knitting:

And, welcome back--hope you get to feeling better really soon. :hug:

bugsyblacklab
09-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi Katie,

Pink Poodle landed in my mail box today. Thank you so much for the mints--they are greatly appreciated. :cheering:

I picked out some Shocking Pink RHSS and an I Love This Yarn stripe in Pomegranite that I think I will try together. I will post a picture when my section is done. :knitting:

sakura-panda
09-10-2011, 09:55 PM
You're welcome. :) That's what my section was made from -- one RHSS and one I Love This Yarn. :knitting:

Can we please get an updated list of who and where all the blankets are? I'm mostly wondering how close I am to getting either of the other two I signed up for and whether or not I should sign up for Autumn Run. (I'm getting antsy again. LOL)

Thanks!

Shandeh
09-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Sure thing. Here's the list I have. The name in CAPITAL LETTERS is where the snuggle is now:

Patriotic Pets
TRESHARUTHE, shandeh, bugsyblacklab, sakura-panda, tresharuthe

Mountain Hike
Shandeh, sgtpam, CIVICSISTA, Sakura-Panda, bugsyblacklab
(CivicSista, did you receive it yet?)

Flower Path
Shandeh, CALIMAMA, susauehl, glowyone, CivicSista

Pink Poodle
glowyone, Sakura-Panda, BUGSYBLACKLAB, susauehl, calimama

Autumn Run
SUSAUEHL, bugsyblacklab

susauehl
09-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Sure thing. Here's the list I have. The name in CAPITAL LETTERS is where the snuggle is now:

Patriotic Pets
TRESHARUTHE, shandeh, bugsyblacklab, sakura-panda, tresharuthe

Mountain Hike
Shandeh, sgtpam, CIVICSISTA, Sakura-Panda, bugsyblacklab
(CivicSista, did you receive it yet?)

Flower Path
Shandeh, CALIMAMA, susauehl, glowyone, CivicSista

Pink Poodle
glowyone, Sakura-Panda, BUGSYBLACKLAB, susauehl, calimama

Autumn Run
SUSAUEHL, bugsyblacklab

Thank you for the update! That helps alot!

susauehl
09-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi Katie,

Pink Poodle landed in my mail box today. Thank you so much for the mints--they are greatly appreciated. :cheering:

I picked out some Shocking Pink RHSS and an I Love This Yarn stripe in Pomegranite that I think I will try together. I will post a picture when my section is done. :knitting:

I was wondering what RHSS stands for? Is it a brand of yarn that you use. I am not familiar with alot of different types.
Thanks,
Susan:happydance:

Shandeh
09-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I was wondering what RHSS stands for? Is it a brand of yarn that you use. I am not familiar with alot of different types.

RHSS = Red Heart Super Saver
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2565598725_388718d921_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/2565598725/)
Red Heart Super Saver - Plum Pudding (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/2565598725/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

susauehl
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
:wall: RHSS = Red Heart Super Saver
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/2565598725_388718d921_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/2565598725/)
Red Heart Super Saver - Plum Pudding (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/2565598725/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

I thought that after I posted it!! Sometimes I think my mind is leaving me!!

Shandeh
09-11-2011, 11:50 PM
:hug:
Believe me, you're among friends.

I get confused when people use initials for their family relations. Like when people say DS instead of "son". I mean, COME ON, it's just ONE letter less to type. :roll:

But, to each his or her own. Some people just like using those initials.

But, in MY little world, DS means this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/3143128676_7f854e89ee_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/3143128676/)
valentines ds (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/3143128676/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

sgtpam
09-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Autumn Run
SUSAUEHL, bugsyblacklab

You can add me to Autumn Run; I have just the color for it:knitting:

sakura-panda
09-13-2011, 01:29 PM
DS isn't much of an abbreviation, but DD and DH are and I use them all in places where that is the convention. (I write them out if at a site that doesn't have a lot of that sort of use.) I throw in "YDS" too for the youngest. :)

However, I have a couple of those DSs too, Sandy -- a black DS Lite and burgundy DSi XL. I have been resisting the 3DSi, but when they come out with a 3D Mario game, I might not have the willpower to not buy one. (Although I didn't buy either of the other ones; both of those were birthday presents from DH, different years, of course. If Mario is out before the end of the month... ;))

I'm trying to be good, but it's getting hard -- you can put me down on Autumn Run too. I'll have to see what it looks like when I get it 'cause I don't think I have the right color yarn right now -- but that is painlessly remedied. I've had an itch to buy yarn for the last couple of weeks but have held back because I don't *need* any. :teehee:

CivicSista
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Mountain Hike is here, and should be ready to go by next weekend. :) Had a friend in town from Dallas and had no time to knit :( I will post pictures when finished.

bugsyblacklab
09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/1315961988.jpg

I PM'ed susauehl for her address. The middle section of this gorgeous snuggle does not show up well. It is a beautiful white and red, but looks brown--cell phone picture--what can I say except, sorry Katie. One of these days I will learn how to use my digital camera!

sakura-panda
09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
You mean you didn't tear out my whole section and redo it with your own colors? :shock: :noway: :roflhard:

It's funny because the first section looks exactly right, but my section does seem a *little* off. It must be because the my colors are so different from each other and the contrast between them confused your camera. :eyes:

Thanks for the picture! :thumbsup: I love that bright pink!

susauehl
09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Autumn Run is on it's way to Texas! No. is 0311 0820 0001 3140 7241.It is suppose to be there on Tuesday.

bugsyblacklab
09-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi Susan,

Pink Poodle and baby blanket Summer Days are both on their way to you. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1716 9001. ETA is next Friday.

Enjoy!! :happydance:

Elizabeth

CivicSista
09-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Mountain Hike should be ready to go by weeks end. I had to tink back a bit but it's going to look awesome!

CivicSista
09-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I started over on the blanket and I absolutely love how it is turning out!

Shandeh
09-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi Susan,
Pink Poodle and baby blanket Summer Days are both on their way to you
:?? I must be losing brain cells. I don't know what Summer Days is.

I started over on the blanket and I absolutely love how it is turning out!
Cool! Just let us know when it's ready to go. :thumbsup:

susauehl
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
It is one of the baby blankets with Western Region. We are in the same groups.

bugsyblacklab
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1330125]:?? I must be losing brain cells. I don't know what Summer Days is.

You can see a pic of Summer Days here. :happydance:

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/western-regions-oddball-baby-blankets/1786760/51-75

bugsyblacklab
09-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Susan,

Autumn Run arrived today--love the fall colors you used. :cheering:

Thank you so much for the gum and the note cards. I was thinking I needed to get some to include in any snuggles/blankets I start. Both gifts are greatly appreciated. :woot:

E. :knitting:

susauehl
09-19-2011, 08:43 PM
You're welcome!

calimama
09-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Flower Path is finally on its way to Susan. DC #950010001347126300035. Delivery expected on Friday. Sorry it took me so long!

susauehl
09-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Flower Path is finally on its way to Susan. DC #950010001347126300035. Delivery expected on Friday. Sorry it took me so long!

That's ok. I will let you know when it arrives.:cool:

Susan

sakura-panda
09-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I have not been saving addresses and I just realized I probably should be. :blush: :teehee:

CivicSista
09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I always just double check to make sure people haven't moved and that they are ready for the blanket....

susauehl
09-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Received Flower Path today! Adding a blue color. Thank you for the soap! Smells refreshing!
Susan

susauehl
09-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Received Flower Path today! Adding a blue color. Thank you for the soap! Smells refreshing!
Susan

Flower Path is ready to move on! Who is next?:heart:

Susan

CivicSista
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Mountain Hike has been sent out Tracking # 0311 0240 00001 3379 4875

Shandeh
09-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Our snuggles are growing QUICKLY! :woohoo:
Thank you all for staying on top of them, and knitting your sections. :muah:

We will probably start some new ones at the end of October, so we might plan on using some holiday or wintry colors. Start dreaming on wintry names for our snuggles! :)

I have not been saving addresses and I just realized I probably should be. :blush: :teehee:
Nah...some of us move, or take long breaks. So, it's best to always check with the next knitter to confirm their address.

Flower Path is ready to move on! Who is next?:heart: Susan
Thanks Susan! I just sent you a PM, and copied the next knitter, so we can find out if she's ready.

sakura-panda
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Mountain Hike has been sent out Tracking # 0311 0240 00001 3379 4875

That's for me! Yay! :happydance:

Nah...some of us move, or take long breaks. So, it's best to always check with the next knitter to confirm their address.

That's pretty much what I've been doing. I think I'll just keep not saving them and not worrying about it. :teehee: I was just thinking it might be odd to get a blanket *from* someone, then later having to ask them for their address to mail a different one *to* them.

I do feel like it's better to get to a *fresh* address, in any case, and it sounds like that's okay with all of you too. :)

bugsyblacklab
09-24-2011, 12:02 AM
I have finished my section of Autumn Run. Shandeh, do we have another knitter lined up? :shrug:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/1316824303.jpg

Susan used a deep green (RHSS Hunter Green ??) and a variegated called Fall. Her section reminds me of the northern pine woods. :heart:
For my section, I also used Fall and alternated every other row with Tea Leaf and Carrot. This is what the Big Thicket of east Texas looks like in the fall of the year.

sihaya
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi!

I'm Geetu (Sihaya on Ravelry), and finally came over here from the RAV group.

I'd love to join in... you can add me to any snuggle that still needs knitters. I do have 2 cats, and everything in my home is covered with cat hair, so I shouldn't be on a list to send the snuggle to anyone with allergies.

I'm looking forward to "meeting" everyone!

cheers!
geetu

susauehl
09-25-2011, 01:01 AM
I have finished my section of Autumn Run. Shandeh, do we have another knitter lined up? :shrug:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j465/bugsyblacklab/1316824303.jpg

Susan used a deep green (RHSS Hunter Green ??) and a variegated called Fall. Her section reminds me of the northern pine woods. :heart:
For my section, I also used Fall and alternated every other row with Tea Leaf and Carrot. This is what the Big Thicket of east Texas looks like in the fall of the year.

Glad to see the photo. Looking good! It was Sage that I used:heart:

sakura-panda
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm trying to be good, but it's getting hard -- you can put me down on Autumn Run too. I'll have to see what it looks like when I get it 'cause I don't think I have the right color yarn right now -- but that is painlessly remedied. I've had an itch to buy yarn for the last couple of weeks but have held back because I don't *need* any. :teehee:

I volunteered for it earlier, but I don't know if I'm "official". :teehee: You can go ahead and send it to me if it hasn't been promised to someone else. I'm going away this coming weekend and should be able to get it finished either on the way there or on the way back. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks so much for the photo! :inlove:
Let's see if sgtpam is ready to work on it now.

I volunteered for it earlier, but I don't know if I'm "official". :teehee: You can go ahead and send it to me if it hasn't been promised to someone else.
sgtpam is scheduled next on this blanket. I've actually put you last on the "Autumn Run" snuggle, so you can finish it up, donate it to a shelter in your area, and cast on another snuggle for us. :thumbsup:

I'm Geetu (Sihaya on Ravelry), and finally came over here from the RAV group.
Hi geetu! :waving:
Welcome to the Oddball Snugglers. :hug:
I'm the keeper of the spreadsheet, so go ahead and send me a private message with your name and address, so I can add you to the list. I'll put you after sgtpam on the "Autumn Run" blanket. :)

Shandeh
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM
We are reaching the end of several snuggles now, so I will start another one, using ALL COTTON yarns.
Let's call this one Cloud Nine cloud9

Who else wants to knit a section of our cotton snuggle?

susauehl
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
We are reaching the end of several snuggles now, so I will start another one, using ALL COTTON yarns.
Let's call this one Cloud Nine cloud9

Who else wants to knit a section of our cotton snuggle?

I would like to be one this one please.Is that yarn like the Sugar & Cream yarn?Thanks!,
Susan:hug:

susauehl
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Pink Poodle arrived on Saturday. Thank you for the goodies! I do like the colors of this pet snuggle!! I'm going to us melonberry for one color and not sure what I will put with it!

Shandeh
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM
I would like to be one this one please.Is that yarn like the Sugar & Cream yarn?Thanks!,
Susan:hug:

Awesome! :thumbsup:
Yes, any worsted weight cotton will work. As with our acrylic blankets, you will hold two strands together throughout. So, two small skeins of dishcloth cotton will be more than enough. And you will have enough leftover to make yourself a two color dishcloth! :)

I knit my section with blue, pink, and white yarns. I'll post a photo soon.

sakura-panda
09-26-2011, 01:18 PM
sgtpam is scheduled next on this blanket. I've actually put you last on the "Autumn Run" snuggle, so you can finish it up, donate it to a shelter in your area, and cast on another snuggle for us. :thumbsup:

Awesome, Sandy! Thanks! :thumbsup:

susauehl
09-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Flower Path on its way to Crystal ! DC is 0311 0240 0002 3618 2555.

Susan:knitting:

susauehl
09-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Pink Poodle is done and ready to travel!:hug: :hug:

sakura-panda
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
I think I forgot to mention that I received "Mountain Hike" on Saturday. Thanks for the goodies! I'm planning to work on it this weekend. :knitting:

bugsyblacklab
09-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Shandeh and Pam,

I posted Autumn Run this afternoon. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1716 9650. It should be there tomorrow. :woot:

Enjoy,

sgtpam
09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah! & I'll be back from my short trip tomorrow, too

Shandeh
09-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I took a photo of the "Cloud Nine" cotton snuggle I started.

We still need 3 more knitters for this one. (It needs COTTON yarn, held double throughout.)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6157/6188689036_b5519b43ba.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6188689036/)
Cloud Nine (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59646927@N00/6188689036/) by Shandeh (http://www.flickr.com/people/59646927@N00/), on Flickr

sgtpam
09-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Shandeh and Pam,

I posted Autumn Run this afternoon. DC# 0311 0240 0002 1716 9650. It should be there tomorrow. :woot:

Enjoy,

Autumn Run was here waiting for me when I got home. Thanks for the cute calendar...I love puppies and kitties playing together:hug:

susauehl
09-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Pink Poodle is on its way to Shana in CA. DC is 0311 0240 0002 3618 2685. Should be there by Monday.:cool:

calimama
10-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Pink Poodle arrived today, and it's beautiful. Thanks so much for the note cards!

susauehl
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Your Welcome! I think it's a pretty blanket also!

Shandeh
10-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Pink Poodle arrived today, and it's beautiful. Thanks so much for the note cards!

Glad you got the Pink Poodle snuggle!
This will be the first blanket we have finished as a new group.
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Please take a photo if you can, so we can see how it looks when it's done.

When the snuggle is complete, just take it to a local animal shelter, so it can give comfort to a homeless pet there. And while you are there, ask them if they need more....and see if they have requests on sizes, thickness, etc.

Then, you can go home, and start another snuggle for us, using the needles from Pink Poodle. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
10-07-2011, 09:39 PM
We still need 3 more knitters for the ALL COTTON "Cloud Nine" snuggle.

I hope everyone is doing well, and has a wonderful weekend.

sakura-panda
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Mountain Hike is nearly done. :) Where does it go next?

Also, I don't normally knit with cotton yarn -- I like the elasticity of acrylic -- but you can put me down if you don't get any other takers. It would be a good way for me to get used to it. I'd like to knit with cotton, I just don't. :eyes:

sgtpam
10-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Autumn Run is ready to go....who's next:knitting:

bugsyblacklab
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Mountain Hike is nearly done. :) Where does it go next?

Looks like I am the last section of Mountain Hike. I will PM you my address. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Autumn Run is ready to go....who's next:knitting:
Let's go ahead and let Sakura-Panda be next on that one. We still need one more knitter, who will need to finish up that snuggle and give it to a shelter.

Sakura-Panda, the other option would be for you to knit two sections on Autumn Run, to finish it up. Let us know what you decide.

Looks like I am the last section of Mountain Hike. I will PM you my address. :thumbsup:
That's correct! :thumbsup:
When you finish it up, you can start another one for us.

Shandeh
10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't normally knit with cotton yarn -- I like the elasticity of acrylic -- but you can put me down if you don't get any other takers. It would be a good way for me to get used to it. I'd like to knit with cotton, I just don't. :eyes:

That's understandable! :wink:
If no one else signs up for Cloud Nine, then I will knit two more sections, then send it to susauehl, for her to knit two sections and donate it.

We will probably have to stick with just acrylic snuggles from now on.

susauehl
10-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Let's go ahead and let Sakura-Panda be next on that one. We still need one more knitter, who will need to finish up that snuggle and give it to a shelter.

Sakura-Panda, the other option would be for you to knit two sections on Autumn Run, to finish it up. Let us know what you decide.

That's correct! :thumbsup:
When you finish it up, you can start another one for us.

Autumn Run could come back to me and I would be glad to give it to a shelter here. Also willing to start another one! Just let me know.

Susan:cool: :cool:

bugsyblacklab
10-11-2011, 12:08 AM
That's understandable! :wink:
If no one else signs up for Cloud Nine, then I will knit two more sections, then send it to susauehl, for her to knit two sections and donate it.

We will probably have to stick with just acrylic snuggles from now on.

Shandeh, I had not asked for a section on Cloud Nine because I had five baby blankets coming to me all at once--just worked out that way. :passedout: However, I have finished three and am half through with the fourth. :knitting: I could take a section now, but not the last. I am getting the last on Mountain Hike and would like to see someone else be able to donate Cloud Nine. :hug:

sakura-panda
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Autumn Run could come back to me and I would be glad to give it to a shelter here. Also willing to start another one! Just let me know.

I would be happy to do two sections on Autumn Run, donate, and start new, or to send it back to Susan. I guess we have to duke it out between ourselves. :roflhard:

PM'ing my address to Pam, in the meantime. ;)

sakura-panda
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Shandeh, I had not asked for a section on Cloud Nine because I had five baby blankets coming to me all at once--just worked out that way. :passedout: However, I have finished three and am half through with the fourth. :knitting: I could take a section now, but not the last. I am getting the last on Mountain Hike and would like to see someone else be able to donate Cloud Nine. :hug:

I would be happy to take on a section too -- I was just explaining earlier why I haven't jumped to volunteer before now. :blush: I do think it would be a good exercise for me to practice knitting with cotton. :thumbsup:

susauehl
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I would be happy to do two sections on Autumn Run, donate, and start new, or to send it back to Susan. I guess we have to duke it out between ourselves. :roflhard:

PM'ing my address to Pam, in the meantime. ;)

I don't mind either way works for me!Just let me know!:happydance:

Shandeh
10-11-2011, 10:07 PM
glowyone, have you received Flower Path? I know it was sent on 9-26.

tresharuthe, did you ever mail Patriotic Pets? I haven't seen it yet.

Autumn Run could come back to me and I would be glad to give it to a shelter here. Also willing to start another one! Just let me know. Susan
I like that idea, Susan! You started this snuggle, so the needles belong to you. After you finish the last section of Autumn Run and donate it, let us know if you want to start another one. :thumbsup:

Shandeh, I had not asked for a section on Cloud Nine because I had five baby blankets coming to me all at once..............I could take a section now, but not the last.
:cheering: Awesome! Thanks so much. I think I will knit one more section, then send Cloud Nine your way in a couple weeks.

I would be happy to do two sections on Autumn Run, donate, and start new, or to send it back to Susan. I guess we have to duke it out between ourselves. PM'ing my address to Pam, in the meantime...............I would be happy to take on a section (of Cloud Nine) too -- I was just explaining earlier why I haven't jumped to volunteer before now. I do think it would be a good exercise for me to practice knitting with cotton.
Thank you, my friend! :hug:
I think I will make you the last knitter on Cloud Nine, so you can donate that soft, cushy snuggle to a shelter in your area. :heart:
We'll let susauehl donate Autumn Run.

bugsyblacklab
10-11-2011, 11:08 PM
:cheering: Awesome! Thanks so much. I think I will knit one more section, then send Cloud Nine your way in a couple weeks.

Great! :yay:

glowyone
10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Yes I got it and it is almost ready to move on. Where does it go to next?

sakura-panda
10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I like that idea, Susan! You started this snuggle, so the needles belong to you. After you finish the last section of Autumn Run and donate it, let us know if you want to start another one. :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend! :hug:
I think I will make you the last knitter on Cloud Nine, so you can donate that soft, cushy snuggle to a shelter in your area. :heart:
We'll let susauehl donate Autumn Run.

That sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup: (I knew Sandy would think of something good. :inlove: )

Mountain Hike will be dropped in the mail later today; I was holding onto it to take a picture of it with a nicer camera than the one on my phone (which sounds better than actual "I didn't get out of work until after the post office closed." ;)). I'll post the photo after bugsyblacklab gets it, so that she can be surprised.

susauehl
10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
That works great for me! Thank you! Yes I will start another one. Just have to think of a name!!

Susan

sakura-panda
10-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Mountain Hike went into the mail yesterday (Yay for post offices open until 6 pm!)

Sent Priority and the Delivery Confirmation number is 0311 0820 0002 3473 0925.

Shandeh
10-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Yes I got it and it is almost ready to move on. Where does it go to next?
CivicSista is the last knitter for Flower Path. Just check with her, and confirm the mailing address, then send it her way. Let us know when it's been sent. :)

..........I was holding onto it to take a picture of it with a nicer camera than the one on my phone (which sounds better than actual "I didn't get out of work until after the post office closed." ;)).
:teehee:

That works great for me! Thank you! Yes I will start another one. Just have to think of a name!! Susan
:thumbsup:

bugsyblacklab
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Mountain Hike went into the mail yesterday (Yay for post offices open until 6 pm!)

Sent Priority and the Delivery Confirmation number is 0311 0820 0002 3473 0925.

Hi Katie,
Mountain Hike arrived yesterday. :yay: What a beautiful snuggle! Thank you so much for the note pad and the blackberry jam potporri--it smells wonderful. :hug: I haven't decided what to use for my section--I will just have to start pulling colors and see what looks good. :knitting:
I have been thinking about the snuggle I will start on these needles. Here is a hint--what color is your pet? ;)

sakura-panda
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm glad you liked it! :)

Here is the photo of the snuggle after I finished. I started out with Vanna's Choice "Mountain Print" and Red Heart Super Saver "Country Blue" until I ran out of the blue, and I added Vanna's Choice "Olive" in it's place.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6041/6251467719_c531e02e86.jpg

There was just enough color in the snuggle that I thought the color change wouldn't be too misplaced. I couldn't decide between to the blue and the green and this way I got to use both!