PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Pet Snuggles - Cotton or Acrylic Yarn

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Hello pet lovers! :waving:
It's time for us to start a new Oddball Project! :cheering:

I've decided to make something different this time - PET blankets!
http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/16.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/1.gif

Our blankets will be donated to the Snuggles Project (http://www.snugglesproject.org/), as a comfort to pets in an animal shelter. :)

We will be making two different kinds of snuggles. Some of the snuggles will be made with cotton yarn, and the others will be made with acrylic yarn. That way, we'll be able to use ALL of our leftover stash for snuggles! :)

The cotton snuggles will be made using 2 strands of worsted weight COTTON yarn. (This is a perfect way to use up some of your Peaches & Creme, Sugar 'n Cream, Cottontots, or other soft cotton yarn.)

The acrylic snuggles will be made with 2 strands of worsted weight acrylic yarn.

Our Oddball Pet Snuggles will measure 24 x 25 inches, so they can be used for cats or dogs. The first knitter will cast on 72 stitches (with US size 10 or 11 needles), knit for 5 inches, and will need 4 more knitters to make each snuggle complete. We will each knit 5 additional inches, in garter stitch.
(See additional knitting pattern ideas on the Snuggles website here (http://www.snugglesproject.org/content/category/5/16/32/).)

Since the blankets will be given to an animal shelter, there is no need to worry about pet hair getting on our knitting! We'll just have the last knitter donate each blanket to an animal shelter in their area.
:thumbsup:
(The last knitter will need to bind off the stitches, weave in all the loose ends of yarn, and wash the blanket before donating it.)

As with all our Oddball projects, the blankets will be kept on the same knitting needles throughout their creation. So, all you'll have to do is add your yarn and start knitting. When you finish your 5 inches of knitting, just put the blanket in a package, and mail it to the next knitter. Feel free to include a small gift to the next knitter (or their pet!), but please don't feel obligated to do this.

If you would like to join our Oddball Pet Snuggles project, just send a private message to Sakura-Panda (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=24109). (Click on that link, scroll down the page, then select "send a private message to sakura-panda")

gmmarton
09-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Count me in, please...I love animals!

Spikey
09-12-2008, 08:57 AM
LOVE IT!!! Count me in!!!

I wound up with a bunch of extra double worsted peaches & creme (due to a shipping error on their part):teehee:. Can I use that, too?

KnittinMitchie
09-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Count me in Sandy :) Just put me near the end and I'll do the borders.

jjminarcik
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Me, Me, Me! I am SO in! I can do borders, too!

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Wonderful! Thank you all for joining! :cheering:

So far, there are 5 of us. If we get just one more knitter, we'll have enough to get started. We will just have to each knit for 4 inches instead of 3. But, there's still room for two more knitters, if we stick to our original plan of 3 inches per person.

I started my section last night, and it feels so soft and cushy! I'm just doing all knit stitches, to make it thick and comfy.

Spikey, you can use whatever cotton yarn you want, as long as it knits to about 3 stitches per inch with size 10 1/2 needles.

My gauge is a little bigger than that, but not by much. I ended up with 11 stitches over 4 inches, so I think our Snuggle might be a little bigger than 24 inches. I figure that will still be okay, though. Pets aren't picky about things like that. :)

KnittinMitchie and jjminarcik, thanks for offering to do borders! I don't know if we'll need a border or not, but I'll keep you both in mind if we do. :hug:

Here's what I've done so far, displayed with the only furry pet I can have. :teehee: :
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/2850533893_94d589cf01.jpg

I have a feeling that this thread is going to have LOTS of photos of pets in it! :wink:

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh....and if anyone is an allergic pet lover like me, you're still welcome to join in the knit-along. I'll just have you knit at the beginning of the blanket, just after me. :)

jdee
09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I can knit on it. I have lots of sugar and cream yarn.

Mulderknitter
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
:muah: OOOOOOOOO I have sooooooo much cotton yarn! I am sooooo in!
Now that I have finished school I have time to work on stuff like this! I love it!:yay:
I am not allergic, and have 2 cats that like to "help" with the knitting. I should be placed close to or last on the list after others with allergies. I also have no problem weaving in/washing the fo. :blooby:

misha rf
09-12-2008, 09:03 PM
If you need another knitter, I'd like to help. :teehee:

mamapaulsel
09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I'd be willing to work on this wonderful cause too. Just let me know when you need me if you have enough for the first one.

Shandeh
09-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Yay! Now we have EXTRA knitters! :cheering:
I knew this project would be a fun one. :)

It looks like I need to start TWO Snuggles!

I hesitate giving them names like the baby blankets have. Maybe we should just give them numbers.

So, I'll start Snuggle #1 and Snuggle #2.

Now, we need a few more knitters, and we'll be ready to fly!
:woohoo:

kellyh57
09-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I'll join in! How about we name them after animals or give them animal like names- like Rover, Fido, etc. It's much more fun to have cutesy names!

Kelly

Shandeh
09-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks for joining us, Kelly! :hug:

Okay....we can use fun names like you're suggesting. Sounds good! We'll use names that don't require a specific color theme, cause I have a feeling these blankets are not gonna be beautiful. :teehee:

How about number one being "Paws and Claws"
and number two being "Puppy Love"?

Spikey
09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Great idea!

KnittinMitchie
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds good Sandy

Shandeh
09-15-2008, 12:14 AM
All righty then! :thumbsup:

So, it looks like there are 10 of us. Here's what we'll do.

There will be 6 knitters on each blanket. (Hopefully, we will get ONE more knitter to join us before we are through.) :wink:

Paws & Claws
Shandeh
Mulderknitter
misha rf
kellyh57
Spikey
jjminarcik

Puppy Love
Shandeh
jdee
gmmarton
mamapaulsel
(need one more knitter)
KnittinMitchie

And here's the name of our NEXT blanket, when we're ready to get started on another one. :)
Kitty Cuddles
Shandeh
(need 5 knitters)

I'll include a small card, so we can sign our names, and write the state we live in when we work on the blankets.

Since we might be sending treats for each other's pets, let's each take time to respond the following:

1) What are the names and types of pets you have?
2) Do they have any requests for a small treat?
3) Show us a photo of your pets! :heart:
4) Tell us a story about your pet. :hug:

Shandeh
09-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello again everyone! :waving:

I just made a blog for our project:
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

And here's a button I made if you want to use one:
(that's my son's dog and Amy's cat in the photo) :wink:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2858848476_eb76a5716d_m.jpg
link: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2858848476_eb76a5716d_m.jpg

Tiny button:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2858848476_eb76a5716d_t.jpg
link: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2858848476_eb76a5716d_t.jpg

Spikey
09-15-2008, 10:49 AM
How could I resist "Kitty Cuddles"?????

Sign me up!

sgtpam
09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok...you've been pulling me in slowly to join the fun of an oddball blanket. :teehee:

This sounds like a good one (a puppy won't notice if I make a wrong stitch) for me to start on. Most definitely don't want to be first or last...but in the middle would be good.

So....put me in coach....to knit on Puppy Love

Sgt Pam

Shandeh
09-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for joining, Sgt Pam! :hug:

Now our list of knitters is complete for two snuggles! :cheering:

kellee0302
09-16-2008, 08:06 AM
I would like to join this oddball project. I have always had way too many animals, cats and dogs especially. At this point I am down to just 3 dogs, that's a record. I have a pug, siberian husky, and german shepard. We just recently lost our last cat and just can't replace her. I have participated in many volunteer times at our local humane society thru my work place and that's fits right in. If you need me to I could start a blanket. No allergies here for me but since I do have pets that could determine who knits after me. Just let me know.

Mulderknitter
09-16-2008, 07:08 PM
All righty then! :thumbsup:
Since we might be sending treats for each other's pets, let's each take time to respond the following:

I'll be the first I guess!
1) My cats names are Mulder and Itchy. Mulder is 12 yrs old and Itchy is 3 yrs old.
2) Mulder is diabetic, so can't have any treats really, and itchy just plays with them. But they both LOVE catnip and catnip toys! Itchy loves it so much it has to get taken away or he gets too "high"!
3)Mulder napping with his eyes half open
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture135.jpg
Itchy at 3 weeks old
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture.jpg
Itchy more recently
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture025.jpg
4)Mulder is the resident cat, Itchy was found in our lilac bush at 3 weeks old and adopted by us. He is still quite a wild thing, chases dirt and dust at top speed, and only likes to cuddle on his terms. He is the only cat I know that likes to snuggle under the covers with me. Mulder could care less about Itchy, and outweighs him by 6 or more pounds. Watching them fight is like watching a sumo wrestler swat a fly.:roflhard:

Secksiebrat
09-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I would like to join! I'm a bit late thanks to Ike!!!!

I have 1 cat, Ming who is 4 this month. She is part Siamese and mouthy :)

I have 3 dogs, Sampson, 6 who is a Great Pyrenees, Sassie, 5 who is a black lab/shepard mix and Buster, who will be 2 and he is a treeing Feist (same family as a jack russel).

~danielle~

Shandeh
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I would like to join this oddball project.
Thanks for joining! :hug:
I've added you to the "Kitty Cuddles" blanket. :thumbsup:
I'll be the first I guess!
Thanks for sharing your pet stories, Mulderknitter! Do you mind if I do a short version and put it on our blog?

Shandeh
09-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I would like to join! I'm a bit late thanks to Ike!!!!
Thanks for joining, Danielle! :muah:
I hope you and your family are okay after the hurricane.

Mulderknitter
09-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks for sharing your pet stories, Mulderknitter! Do you mind if I do a short version and put it on our blog?
Of course not! go right ahead! :muah:

Shandeh
09-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I have 1 cat, Ming who is 4 this month. She is part Siamese and mouthy :) I have 3 dogs, Sampson, 6 who is a Great Pyrenees, Sassie, 5 who is a black lab/shepard mix and Buster, who will be 2 and he is a treeing Feist (same family as a jack russel).
Hey Danielle, can I add your stuff as well, while I'm updating the blog?

Spikey
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
We have three wonderful kitties: Mikey, Spike, and Luke.

Mikey (buff & white) will be 18 next week. I've had him since he was three months old! He is a love. Not a lap cat but will come up and tap your leg when he wants attention. He is not well right now, but we are managing as best we can :sad:

Spikey (in my ravatar) will be 9 in November. He is our lap cat, sleeps with us, and can't get enough of us. For an unknown reason, he went into acute renal failure when he was 4 or 5 years old. We are very fortunate that the acute episode resolved, but his kidneys still do not function properly and we treasure every day that we have with him.

Luke (gray and white) is our newest baby. He was a feral cat that we started feeding around our house for about 6 months, and we finally caught him in June. The vet thinks he is about a year and a half old. We live in a very wooded area and he has some scratches on his ears and nose, from fighting with other animals, so we are especially glad to have him safe and sound as an indoor cat now. He has transitioned amazingly well, loves to be petted and brushed, and has even taken to becoming Mikey's protector, trying to chase me away when Mikey needs his medicine.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2837709215_261e40a290.jpg

Secksiebrat
09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Of course! Add away! :)

~danielle~

Howdovely
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Luke (gray and white) is our newest baby. He was a feral cat that we started feeding around our house for about 6 months, and we finally caught him in June. The vet thinks he is about a year and a half old. We live in a very wooded area and he has some scratches on his ears and nose, from fighting with other animals, so we are especially glad to have him safe and sound as an indoor cat now. He has transitioned amazingly well, loves to be petted and brushed, and has even taken to becoming Mikey's protector, trying to chase me away when Mikey needs his medicine.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2837709215_261e40a290.jpg

That is the sweeeeetest story! Your cats are beautiful.

heatherg23
09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm always knitting for them. I'm on my #6 pet bed.

jdee
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, I have 6 indoor cats, plus lots of strays that we've managed to catch and have spayed/neutered. Some have become friendly, some probably never will, but I love them all.

I'm only going to list, and show pics of my indoor cats here. Abby (calico) and Annie (tortie), were from a litter of farm kittens, that my aunt bottle fed after they lost thier mother. When they became old enough, she gave these two to us. Merlin (himalayan) and Morty (orange tabby) were adopted from the shelter in Sulpher Springs, TX, where we took our strays to be fixed and vetted. Mabel (long haired tortie) used to belong to my niece and her family until they hit some financial struggles, and had to move in with her MIL (her MIL doesn't allow pets in her house). And Max (Tabby kitten in my avatar) was a stray, found on the parking lot of the bank, by a co-worker of DH's.
Yes, I'm a sucker.:aww:

Shandeh
09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Yay! I love reading all the stories! :cheering:

You know what, I'm going to quit asking if I can post these on the blog, and just go ahead and do it! :teehee:

So, if any of you do NOT want me to post your pet stories or photos, just let me know. THAT will be easier for me to manage. :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Sandy, it looks like you may need an extra knitter on that 2nd blanket, so go ahead and put me on the list. I am finding that even though I am on a bunch of the charity knitting blankies, my part is really only a 2 or 3 hour movie. And it is excellent destashing!
I also checked out the website for the snuggles project. Do you need to be a member(ie donate) to give them a donation of a blankie or something else? I linked and saw some local orgs that are part that could use other things too.

Shandeh
09-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks Susan! :)
Now, we just need 2 more knitters on Kitty Cuddles! :)

You don't have to be a member of the project to make a donation. All we have to do is print out the form they have available, fill it out and put it with the blanket. Then find an animal shelter in our area that accepts handknit snuggles. (There is a list of participating shelters on that website, but all you have to do is call a shelter in your area if you want.)
:thumbsup:

Secksiebrat
09-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Sandy,

You can add me to that blanket. I'm on the list of knitters but not currently assigned to a blanket!

~danielle~

lizardknits
09-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Sandy,
I would love to join.
I am owned by a grey gal in Charlotte, Hannah.
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v203/131/122/169803943/s169803943_30620273_4533.jpg

Shandeh
09-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Woo Hoo! Now we have 14 knitters, enough for all three blankets! :woohoo:

I finished my part of "Paws and Claws", and will be mailing it to Mulderknitter this week. :)

You can add me to that blanket. I'm on the list of knitters but not currently assigned to a blanket!
:doh: I must be getting old or something. :teehee:

I would love to join.
I am owned by a grey gal in Charlotte, Hannah.
Thanks for joining us, lizardknits! :hug:
Would you mind sending me your mailing address? For some reason, I can't find it in my records. :think:

Shandeh
09-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm always knitting for them. I'm on my #6 pet bed.
That's wonderful, Heather! :heart:

Mulderknitter
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm ready for my part, mail away!

Shandeh
09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I'll be going to the post office this Friday! :)

Last night, I completed the first section of "Puppy Love".
jdee, are you ready to add your part?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2884990265_bfe4bffa7e.jpg

jdee
09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
:thumbsup: Send it on. I'll be waiting.

Shandeh
09-25-2008, 04:42 PM
This morning, I finished the first section of our 3rd snuggle, "Kitty Cuddles". Are you ready for it, Spikey?

I used one strand of Cottontots in Lilac, and one strand of Lily Sugar & Cream in Midnight Magic.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2888311588_dc29166df2.jpg

Spikey
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Absolutely! Send it on, I can't wait.

I pulled out some scraps of double worsted peaches & creme over the weekend and made a little catnip-filled toy for our boys. They love it! Great yarn choice!

jjminarcik
09-25-2008, 07:45 PM

1) I have a 8 1/2 year old black lab mix named Cisco. Him and DH came as a package deal! :teehee: We adopted an orange tabby cat from a shelter, he is 4 1/2 and named Griffin (after the tv show Family Guy :teehee:).

2) They eat anything. But Griffin seems to be especially fond of inanimate objects!

Cisco is a 2 time cancer survivor. He had a tumor on his elbow that has been removed twice. The cancer hasn't spread, but we still keep our eye on him.

After we had Griffin for 2 months, he ate a doorstopper and had to be cut open from stem to stern to have it removed. :shrug: He's weird!

I went through a serious bout with depression a few years ago. The animals stayed with me and cuddled and laid at my feet for months. After that I got there actual pawprints tattooed on my back.

kellee0302
09-26-2008, 03:32 PM

3) Show us a photo of your pets!
4) Tell us a story about your pet.

I have 3 dogs, who pretty much will eat anything put in front of them.
Otis is the oldest at 9 years old. He is a testy and fat pug. His manners aren't the best around company so he must be kept away from company.
Storm is next at 5 years old. He is a beautiful black and silver Siberian Husky with steel blue eyes. He is an outside dog since that is where he prefers to be and loves the snow.
Then there is Bo at 3 years old, he came with the DH. He was an inside dog that is thrilled to be able to be outside more since he has come to live with me. I have land to run on. Although he stills enjoys being inside with the family.

scrappygolden
09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I know that I'm late to the party (been out of town), but this is a project near and dear to me. Keep me in mind as a pinch hitter in case you need help or if we start another one please! :)

Shandeh
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Welcome, scrappygolden! :hug:
Just send me a private message with your name and mailing address, and you'll officially be a member! :thumbsup:

Everyone, be sure to check out our blog again. I just posted all our pet stories and photos! (I stole a couple of your Flickr photos, so let me know if you want me to remove them.) :wink:
http://oddballsnuggles.blogspot.com/

Mulderknitter
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
:waving: Hi Sandy!
Just wondering if you've mailed off the first blanket to me yet?

Shandeh
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Not yet....I've been SO BAD!!! :shock:

I worked on getting all 3 packages together today. I want to add a little treat for everyone's pets, and I'm finishing those up tonight.

So, all three packages should be sent out by Monday at the latest.
Thanks for checking, Mulderknitter! :muah:

Mulderknitter
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Not yet....I've been SO BAD!!! :shock:

I worked on getting all 3 packages together today. I want to add a little treat for everyone's pets, and I'm finishing those up tonight.

So, all three packages should be sent out by Monday at the latest.
Thanks for checking, Mulderknitter! :muah:
That is so sweet of you! :yay: Just wanted to make sure the postman didn't run away with a blankie!:roflhard:
My DH likes to lock the front porch where the postman leaves my packages, so I like to let him know approx what days not to lock it, so just send me a pm if convenient so I know to leave that unlocked. I sure would appreciate it!
Thanks again for starting this lovely project, I can't wait to raid the stash!:blooby:

Shandeh
10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Yay! I made all the little treats for the pets! :cheering:

All three of you have cats, so I've made a catnip toy for each of them! :)

This morning, I got out the patterns I had found online, and gathered together everything I would need to make them: fiberfill, catnip, bits of yarns, some jingle bells, and knitting needles. (I went out to Walmart last night to get the catnip.) :wink:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2913897756_fab0319f13.jpg
After getting everything together, I went to the kitchen to make 2 cups of hot tea to get me through my knitting session.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2913052029_bec13ebed9_m.jpg

Before long, my first catnip toy was ready to be stuffed!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/2913051613_b044062400_m.jpg

I put in a jingle bell, then some fiberfill, then some catnip, then more fiberfill, then I stitched it closed. Easy-peasy!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/2913897466_8153fb54fd_m.jpg

But, I wasn't thrilled with the look of the garter stitch, and didn't really enjoy knitting it with two needles. So I made the next one in the round with dpns. MUCH better!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2913051393_4935ca13df_m.jpg

Here's my third toy, which looks even better than the second!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2913897226_6f3801d80f_m.jpg

After making 4 of those little toys, I decided to try a different pattern, but I changed it a LOT, and didn't like the way it turned out. It took up a lot more yarn, a lot more time, and a lot more seaming and stuffing and catnip. So I only made one of that design.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/2913897002_c2c4a203c6.jpg

Before the day was through, I had completed ELEVEN catnip toys! :woohoo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2913051083_50836dbd50.jpg
These will be going to Mulderknitter, jdee, and Spikey, to give to their kitties:
Abby, Annie, Merlin, Morty, Mabel, Max, Mulder, Itchy, Mikey, Spikey, and Luke :heart: :hug: :heart:

Mulderknitter
10-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh my goodness gracious if those aren't the cutest little things ever!:woot: I sure hope my kitties get one! :woohoo:If you put a jingle bell in there you will be the favoritist kittie pressie gift giver ever! (Itchy likes to be loud!)

sgtpam
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Those almost make me wish I was a cat person :teehee:

But.....I've always been a dog lover. I'll post my best friend's picture soon. Can't wait till it's my turn!

Spikey
10-05-2008, 08:41 AM
:thud:Oh my! :inlove:

What wonderful gifts for our boys! They will LOVE them!

I made one very similar to the blue one (but just used up scraps of yarn) and they love it, especially Spikey.

You are too sweet! :hug: Thank you. :heart:

jdee
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Awww! Aren't those the cutest things? You are so sweet to make those for our kittyfriends. :muah: Thank you so much.

Shandeh
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm so glad you all like the catnip toys!
They were lots of fun to make. :sun:

I sure hope my kitties get one! :woohoo:If you put a jingle bell in there you will be the favoritist kittie pressie gift giver ever! (Itchy likes to be loud!)
Of COURSE your kitties are getting some! :hug:
And there are jingle bells in every one of them! :)
What wonderful gifts for our boys! They will LOVE them!
:cheering:
Awww! Aren't those the cutest things? You are so sweet to make those for our kittyfriends.
You're welcome! :heart:

Mulderknitter
10-10-2008, 12:49 PM
:woohoo: I got my part today! Thanks Sandy! The candle smells wonderful:muah: And the kitties dove right into those toys!
Here's a pic of Mulder. Remember past posts where he drowns his mousy toys in his water bowl? Well, the first thing he did was claim one of those little toys as his own!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture218.jpg
Thank you!

KnittinMitchie
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I guess Mulder was a mob hit man in a past life. That is just too cute.

KnittinMitchie
10-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Here are the "puppies" in our family.

The 2 Chocolate Labs are my mom's dogs. Cooper is on the left and just about 18 months old. Cocoa is on the right (wearing orange) and is 6 yrs old.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/KnittinMitchie/SO5PkhrmBaI/AAAAAAAAAyI/woL-N5c94oc/s800/Cooper%20%26%20Cococa.jpg

Here are my 2 "deamons" Michelle, the 3 yr old, and Pudgy my terrier Mix is 7 yrs old. Michelle LOVES to "play" with Pudgy.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/KnittinMitchie/SO-WO_4An9I/AAAAAAAAAyc/jEEncJCZsD0/09-02-07_1432.jpg

Shandeh
10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Here's a pic of Mulder. Remember past posts where he drowns his mousy toys in his water bowl? Well, the first thing he did was claim one of those little toys as his own!
Yay!!!! How cool to see one of my catnip toys being loved!
:cheering: :heart: :heart:
I guess Mulder was a mob hit man in a past life. That is just too cute.
:roflhard: :roflhard:
Here are the "puppies" in our family.
Thanks so much for the story and photos! :hug:

Spikey
10-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh, Sandy! :muah:

Just got home and opened the box. Our boys went nuts over the toys!

Luke claimed the blue and white square one, immediately pouncing on it and rolling around like a wild man. DH and I were laughing too hard to get a picture. He NEVER plays with toys, being an ex-feral kitty. But he absolutely loves this!

Spike claimed the orange mouse, batting it and chasing it down the wood floor in our long bedroom hallway like a pro hockey player :roflhard:

Even poor, old, sick Mikey got in on the act, claiming the green and purple mouse for his very own, rubbing his face on it and carrying it around like wild prey he had caught. It brought a tear to my eye. Thanks. He is falling asleep on his pillow right now with it in the crook of his front leg.

The candle is lovely, too. DH and I can't wait to light it on a romantic evening.

Thanks SO much for your thoughtfulness! :heart:

Shandeh
10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Awwww!! cloud9
I love the story you shared, Spikey!
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! That NEVER happens to me! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm so glad that Luke, Spike, and Mikey like the toys I made for them. Enjoy your romantic evening VERY soon! :wink:

sgtpam
10-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Here’s my best friend. I named her Shebah (as in queen of…). I got her (or she got me) as soon as she was ready to leave her birth mom, December of 1999. Her mom is a full shitzu and it was an unplanned pregnancy. Mom was a family pet of a coworker. They only let her “play” with other shitzus and when she had pups, they kept a few and the rest went to people at work or friends…just so you know that they weren’t breeding for sale. Anyways, she was a little floozy and got out one day and “played” with the neighbor dog. Luckily, the boy next door was an adorable full miniature silky terrier and they had 6 or 7 pups. When they brought them to work to put them up for adoption, I just fell in love with the runt of the litter. I had just bought my house and was ready to move in…so, she and I moved into my new house together. :heart: :woohoo:

I take her with me whenever I can…she doesn’t mind flying (though it’s just about gotten too expensive to take her anymore, prices have tripled since the first time I flew with her) and loves to go. She has a dog sitter that takes care of her when I have to travel for military duty; we’ve had the same dog sitter from the start, she has had 2 boys since then and now they help take care of “their Shebah Debah”. :grphug:

She does not, however, love my new knitting obsession! My lap and attention have belonged to her for so long that she just doesn't think she should have to share it! As soon as I get settled in, that's when she decides it's time to play or cuddle. She's getting better about it though...as long as she gets a treat first. She also insists on an appetizer before she'll eat dinner and, at 8pm--830 at the latest...she better get her "greenie" or she won't quite till she gets it....yup, she's just a little spoiled. But, she's a great dog.

The first picture is one of the first I took of her as a puppy. The other is one that my sister took when I spent Christmas with her in Tennessee a couple of years ago. She’s a professional photographer…kids and live sports are her specialty. Shebah doesn’t usually sit still long enough to get a picture.;)

KnittinMitchie
10-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks so much for the story and photos! :hug:

The labs are SPOILED to the core and they are my other 2 siblings. Mom got Cocoa after I moved out and got Cooper last Thanksgiving after my brother graduated HS. So they're our replacements. So see where we stand at in the scheme of things. Its the dogs and the grand baby, "forget" the rest of us.

Mulderknitter
10-11-2008, 07:59 PM
:waving: Hi! I finished my part on "paws and claws" today. Misha RF, are you ready? I haven't seen you post about what pets you have, so if you could reply and let me know I would love it!:muah:

jdee
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I just wanted to let you know that "Puppy Love" arrived safely. We were out of town yesterday, and today, and when we got home, it was here waiting to be opened. I love coming home, and finding packages. :teehee:

Thank you so much for the candle. And as you can see, the kitty toys are a big hit!

misha rf
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
:waving: Hi! I finished my part on "paws and claws" today. Misha RF, are you ready? I haven't seen you post about what pets you have, so if you could reply and let me know I would love it!:muah:

I'm ready! I'll PM you my addy.

We recently got a dog, Maggie. We also have 8 cats (my husband is the crazy cat lady, not me--only 3 of them are mine). We really don't need any more cat toys. Most of the time, we end up taking them away from the dog! I suppose we should be happy that *someone* will play with them...:rofl:

You should also know that I'll be out of town until late Thursday, so if it arrives while I'm gone, I won't be able to acknowledge it until Friday.

Shandeh
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to let you know that "Puppy Love" arrived safely..........Thank you so much for the candle. And as you can see, the kitty toys are a big hit!
You're welcome! Thanks so much for the photos - the kitties look so happy! :hug:

I've decided to cast on another snuggle, naming it "Forever Friend".

I'm placing "scrappygolden" as the next knitter after me, since she hasn't had a chance to work on one yet. :)

Who else wants to knit on "Forever Friend"? We need 4 more knitters.

Mulderknitter
10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm ready! I'll PM you my addy.

We recently got a dog, Maggie. We also have 8 cats (my husband is the crazy cat lady, not me--only 3 of them are mine). We really don't need any more cat toys. Most of the time, we end up taking them away from the dog! I suppose we should be happy that *someone* will play with them...:rofl:

You should also know that I'll be out of town until late Thursday, so if it arrives while I'm gone, I won't be able to acknowledge it until Friday.
It will probably go in the mail on Tuesday, so you'll get it friday then. Since you have so many animals, I included something for you and something "in honor of" our animals and blankies. Hope you like it!
Sandy, go ahead and add me to any blanket you need a knitter on! I have so much cotton yarn it's silly:roflhard: I also finally invested in a nice stitch dictionary that I'm dying to try out. Over 300 stitches, I'm so excited!:woohoo:

Shandeh
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Cool! Thanks Mulderknitter! :hug:

Now, we need 3 more knitters to work on the "Forever Friend" Oddball Pet Snuggle.

New knitters are welcome!

jjminarcik
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Feel free to add me! I have a TON of cotton yarn to use!

jdee
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Just a quick note to let gmmarton know that "Puppy Love" is on its way. Confirmation #0308 0660 0000 2550 8524.

Also if you need another knitter on "Forever Friend," count me in.:)

Shandeh
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone!
Now, we just need one more knitter for "Forever Friend".

Howdovely
10-15-2008, 07:20 AM
As much as i would LOVE to join in - I am an animal lover and have always had at least one around. I really need to take a break from being on too many oddball projects. I would love to finish up a few projects i have started. Including one from almost 3 years ago....

Perhaps I'll designate Winter as time to knit for myself, and join up again on Oddballs after. I have SO much yarn around here (as you saw, haha!) that's designated for 'Me' projects, I'd really like to get to them!

I loved your catnip toys - I think I just have to make one for Cheeto. He's never had catnip before, and I think it would be pretty funny. He's so entertaining otherwise, so I think that would make him even MORE entertaining! haha

Secksiebrat
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
I am happy to knit on the new forever friends blanket if you don't get a new knitter!

~danielle~

Shandeh
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks Danielle! I'll put you as a TENTATIVE last knitter. If someone else joins, I'll remove your name. :thumbsup:

..........I really need to take a break from being on too many oddball projects.
Sure thing, my friend. Just let me know when you want to go again! :hug:

I would love to finish up a few projects i have started. Including one from almost 3 years ago....
I know exactly what you mean! I'm just now working on a sweater I started 3 years ago, and I think I'll finally finish it this month! :woohoo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2936298257_921f8dd951_m.jpg

I loved your catnip toys - I think I just have to make one for Cheeto......
Go for it! Here's the pattern I used, but I changed it to be in the round with dpns:
http://milotis.wordpress.com/2006/05/31/catnip-mice/

Mulderknitter
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Paws and claws is still in my car. the post office was closed when I went, and I won't be able to get it out until Friday now. Sorry for the delay!
Sandy-I must make those toys! thanks for posting the pattern. Sadly, mousey #1 has gone into hiding from Itchy's persistant playing. Only Itchy and mousey know where he is. mousey #2 is on constant drying, Mulder won't stop putting it back in the water bowl. It dries, we set down, back in bowl. About 3 or 4 times now. Quite a persistant one he is.

Shandeh
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Have fun with the pattern! It's so quick and easy. :thumbsup:
I used catnip from Walmart, if that makes any difference.
:psst:

Mulderknitter
10-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Paws and claws went out today priority mail, conf # 03081400000189535166

Shandeh
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I got "Forever Friend" started this weekend!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/2956633684_d5301ce2a8.jpg

misha rf
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Paws & Claws arrived today! Thank you so much for the soap (it smells lovely) and the bracelet! I've gone online to look at VCA & am impressed. Thank you so much!!!!

Question: How much yarn are y'all using for each section? Will a full ball of Peaches & Creme work? (OK, I know technically it would be 2, since it's knit doubled.) Just plotting my color choices...

Thank you again!

Shandeh
10-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Misha, I used about 1 1/2 balls of yarn for my section.

Mulderknitter
10-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Misha, I used about 1 1/2 balls of yarn for my section.
That's about how much I used too.

gmmarton
10-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Puppy Love arrived from Texas this morning. It is adorable! I'm so happy to be part of this project. :hug:

Thank you Jennifer for the sock yarn. I can't wait to get started on a new pair.

misha rf
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm done! (Yay for size 11 needles!)

Who's next???

Shandeh
10-22-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm done! (Yay for size 11 needles!)
Who's next???
It DOES go quickly, doesn't it?! :thumbsup:
I'll check on the next knitter for you, Misha.

Last night, I finished the first section of "Forever Friend", and my little stuffed friend immediately cuddled up in it. ;)

Mulderknitter
10-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Paws & Claws arrived today! Thank you so much for the soap (it smells lovely) and the bracelet! I've gone online to look at VCA & am impressed. Thank you so much!!!!
Thank you again!
Glad you liked the soap and the bracelet. VCA is the place I take my cats too for vet services and get their food from. They are a really great place. The donation for the bracelet goes to the Katrina pets.
Once you get started the sections sure go quick don't they!

gmmarton
10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Sandy,

I love the photo!

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Thanks Gail! :hug:

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 05:50 AM
I just won the MOST INCREDIBLE auction on eBay!

I got 96 skeins of cotton yarn for about 20 dollars!!!!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Here's a photo of 6 of the skeins. There are 16 packs like this in the auction. I'm a happy girl. :)

Mulderknitter
10-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow! what a lucky girl you are! i never find good stuff like that on ebay!

misha rf
10-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Holy cow!! :passedout: That's a lot of yarn!!

kellyh57
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay, I realized I never posted my story on my dog! When my husband and I got married, we lived in an apartment with outrageous pet rates. I really wanted a dog since I'd always had one growing up, but I had to go without! A year later we bought our first house. The first thing we did was start looking for a dog! He wanted a basset hound but I said "NO WAY" as they are big, slobbery, shedding loud lugs! I compromised to a beagle. We found one we liked at a small shelter. We went home to think it over and went back a few days later and she had a sold sign on her kennel.

We went to the big animal shelter the next weekend. We walked all the rows and just didn't find the perfect dog. They were either too big, too small, shed too much, or something that we didn't like. Right before we left, we realized that we missed the first row. We walked by and saw a cute little doggie that I was playing with. There was an older couple looking at "Baby" a few kennels down. I didn't feel it with the dog I was playing with and as soon as the older couple stepped away, I went over to see "Baby." She was the cutest little thing! She was about 11 months old and a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix). She was really timid and hid at the back of her cage. We got her out and took her into another room to play with her. She was really fun and I was in LOVE! We paid for her and made our appointment to pick her up the next week!

They were supposed to spay her and do all of her shots and stuff. They laid her up on the table and realized she was already spayed, so we ended up getting her cheaper. The thing of it is, she was brought in by a family because they said she was too hyper. (DUH, she was a PUPPY!) Typically, if pets are brought in for any reason, they are euthenized after the 5 day waiting period. If we had not picked her out, she wouuld've been gone on Monday! It just breaks my heart to think that she'd have been a goner if it weren't for us! I can't stand to think about shelters and how many animals they have to put under because of irresponsible people. I can't imagine EVER getting rid of a dog and letting them euthenize them! Yeah, Bailey (we changed her name) is hyper, but she's our dog and we love her to death! She's just adorable too, right???

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2967525180_30457cc5d7.jpg

Kelly

Howdovely
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I just won the MOST INCREDIBLE auction on eBay!

I got 96 skeins of cotton yarn for about 20 dollars!!!!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Here's a photo of 6 of the skeins. There are 16 packs like this in the auction. I'm a happy girl. :)

Wow! That's a bargain! What will you do with all of it??? All same color?

Shandeh
10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow! what a lucky girl you are! i never find good stuff like that on ebay!
It WAS luck! I was just looking through yarn on eBay a couple days ago, and saw this auction. I clicked on it out of curiosity, and noticed that the item description said there were 96 skeins. The auction photo only showed 6, so I sent a message to the seller to confirm the quantity. She told me that it WAS 96 skeins, so I immediately bid on it.

I think that most people thought it was supposed to be 6 skeins like I did. So, that's probably how I won. :)

It pays to read the small details! :thumbsup:
Holy cow!! :passedout: That's a lot of yarn!!
I KNOW! :thud:
Wow! That's a bargain! What will you do with all of it??? All same color?
Yes, it is a bargain. Just a little more than 20 cents a skein! :wink:

I'll probably have enough to make a summer top. Ya think? :teehee:

I'm also planning on using some of it for our pet snuggles. That's why I posted it here. I think I'll send some to all of you to use in our blankets. Maybe we should call them all the Pepto Bismol set! Ha! :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm also planning on using some of it for our pet snuggles. That's why I posted it here. I think I'll send some to all of you to use in our blankets. Maybe we should call them all the Pepto Bismol set! Ha! :roflhard:
What a sweetheart you are!
Keep those blankies coming!
Until further notice, you can add me to any blanket you start for the pets. I love working on them and "if" I ever run out of cotton yarn, not likely, it's so cheap it's worth it to me! I also have quite a few extra large circs, if you start running low just pm me and I can start one to go. :blooby:
I feel especially close to this project because both of my kitties were rescues, and I would want them to have blankies in a time of loneliness, sickness, or other need. I can't adopt all the kitties, but I can help keep them snuggled!

sgtpam
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
She's just adorable too, right??? Kelly

She sure is...how could you not fall for a face like that? Glad you got just the right new friend:heart:

Spikey
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I finally finished my part on Kitty Cuddles. Sandy, would you please see if the next knitter is ready?

Am out of town, but will post a pic when I get home on Sunday.

Thanks!

gmmarton
10-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Puppy Love, an Oddball Blanket for the Snuggles Project, is ready for the next knitter. If ready, please let me know, and I will mail it out this weekend. Thanks!

Shandeh
10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I also have quite a few extra large circs, if you start running low just pm me and I can start one to go.
Thanks, my friend! :hug:

Feel free to start another blanket for us anytime you want. Just let us know when it's ready to go, and we'll get a group of knitters signed up for it! :thumbsup:

Using size 10 or 10 1/2 needles, cast on about 70 stitches. Then knit for 4 inches. Give your snuggle a name, print out the instruction sheet and greeting card to include with the package, and sign the card with your name and state.

I've attached the instruction sheet and greeting card here!
:)

misha rf
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Feel free to add me if you need another knitter... :rofl:

sgtpam
10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Puppy Love, an Oddball Blanket for the Snuggles Project, is ready for the next knitter. If ready, please let me know, and I will mail it out this weekend. Thanks! I think that mamapaulsel is next...then ME! It's my first one and I'm excited that it's almost my turn.:woot:
:knitting:
Did you get a picture yet?

Shandeh
10-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm glad that you're excited! :muah:
I think that mamapaulsel is next...then ME!
That is the plan. I'm waiting to hear back from mamapaulsel, to see if she's ready for the snuggle to come to her place.

gmmarton
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I took a photo of Puppy Love this morning; however, I haven't posted it yet because my camera's battery was very low. Once the camera is charged I will post the photo.

I must admit, I rather enjoyed knitting in cotton yarn for an Oddball Blanket. I've got quite a lot of cotton around, so I will check my stash and circular needles and see about starting up another Snuggles Blanket.

Thanks again Sandy for this making this Snuggles Project happen. :hug:

gmmarton
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I took a photo of Puppy Love this morning; however, I haven't posted it yet because my camera's battery was very low. Once the camera is charged I will post the photo.

I must admit, I rather enjoyed knitting in cotton yarn for an Oddball Blanket. I've got quite a lot of cotton around, so I will check my stash and circular needles and see about starting up another Snuggles Blanket.

Thanks again Sandy for this making this Snuggles Project happen. :hug:

Here is the photo of Puppy Love, the Snuggles blanket that was mailed out this morning.

misha rf
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Paws & Claws went out today. Confirmation # 03080660000029483001.

jdee
10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Puppy Love is looking great! I love that pink.

Shandeh
10-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Here is the photo of Puppy Love, the Snuggles blanket that was mailed out this morning.
Love it! :heart:

Spikey
10-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Here's Kitty Cuddles, with Mikey. (I couldn't resist) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/2975848640_e5d6174592.jpg

Shandeh
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Beautiful photo! :heart:

Secksiebrat
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I thought I would make a post about where I plan to donate my pet snuggle when the time comes for me to finish a blanket. I also though if others were unsure of a place to donate it, I would make a recommendation. Please don't feel obligated to donate to this organization it's just a suggestion as sometimes it's not always easy to figure out where you'd like to send your knitted gift!

www.bestfriends.org (http://www.bestfriends.org) . They are a wonderful organization that helps to take care of animals, even unwanted ones. They have actually taken in all the pit bulls that were taken from Michael Vick's home in Virginia. They will have forever homes there if they are not adoptable. I also emailed the donation cordinator and she said they would be happy to accept our blankets (I wanted to be sure since blankets weren't on their wish list).

So if you're unsure or scoping out places to donate, you may consider this organization! I am making up some knitted catnip toys (thank you Shandeh for the pattern/idea) to send with my knitted blanket when my time comes!

~danielle~

kellyh57
10-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I received Paws and Claws yesterday! I started working on it already in navy and hunter green. My husband asked why I wasn't using white with another color like everyone else :shrug:. Silly men! It should be on it's way in a few days!!

Kelly

Shandeh
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Danielle, I've made you the last knitter on "Forever Friend", so you can donate that one! :)

Secksiebrat
10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Thank you Sandy! I look forward to knitting and donating that blanket to Best Friends!

~danielle~

scrappygolden
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I received Forever Friend from my new BFF Sandy :muah: and am picking out colors from my stash. I'll be knitting on it tonight and am excited about this project. And probably 99% of the time when I knit I have my cat Meeko on my lap and my golden retriever Joe at my feet. Somehow that seems so fitting doesn't it???

Elizabeth

Shandeh
10-30-2008, 12:20 AM
:angelgrin:

gmmarton
10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Puppy Love left southern CT today and is headed to the southwest. Delivery Confirmation #: 0306 0320 0001 5128 3279.

Shandeh
11-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Mulderknitter, are you still casting on a new snuggle?
Just let me know when you're ready, because I have two knitters ready to knit after you: misha rf, and kellyh57

You'll still need 3 more knitters for that snuggle.

Also, I'm going to cast on four more snuggles in the next two months. They will have a "Royalty" theme, since so many animals have a kingly or queenly attitude. :teehee:

Her Highness - pink, red, purple
Sweet Princess - pink
His Majesty - blue, purple
My Prince - blue

I will probably wait until January to mail these out, so we can all concentrate on our holiday knitting.

jdee
11-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Shandeh,
feel free to add me to any snuggle I'm needed on. I thoroughly enjoy knitting on these.

Jennifer:)

misha rf
11-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Same here (if I didn't say that already. I'm all confused with the time change...).

misha rf
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM
And here's a pic of Paws & Claws. We're a Kansas State household, so it's purple & white for critters here...

Shandeh
11-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the photo update! :)

Our "Paws and Claws" blanket looks like striped taffy! :mmm:

Spikey
11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Kitty Cuddles went out to kellee0302 this morning. I have the conf number but don't want to risk ruining my wet nail polish to dig around in my purse. :teehee:

Conveniently, the post office is across the street from my favorite salon.

Howdovely
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Kitty Cuddles went out to kellee0302 this morning. I have the conf number but don't want to risk ruining my wet nail polish to dig around in my purse. :teehee:

Conveniently, the post office is across the street from my favorite salon.

OMG, that's pretty funny!

Shandeh
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
:hug:

Shandeh
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Today, I got the box of cotton yarn I won on eBay. Woo Hoo!
Just like the seller said, there are 96 skeins in the box.
Wow. :thud:

Funny thing....when I started this Oddball Snuggle project, I wanted to use up my stash of cotton yarn. Now, I just laugh, because my stash has GROWN instead! :teehee:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/3000703999_714cfda50f.jpg

There are 4 layers of yarn in the box. It looks like it's never-ending! :heart: :heart: :heart:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/3000703267_8f6f406567_m.jpg

Secksiebrat
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Wow Shandeh, NICE score! Cotton yarn is the one thing I don't have much of! I'll have to buy so more for these snuggles! I can't wait to see what you do with it all!

~danielle~

scrappygolden
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Forever Friend is ready to go out to the next knitter. Shandeh can you pm me the address for whoever is next please?

Thanks all! :muah:

Shandeh
11-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Wow Shandeh, NICE score! Cotton yarn is the one thing I don't have much of! I'll have to buy so more for these snuggles!
Danielle, don't buy any! I'll be happy to send you some of this. It was only 20 cents a skein, so I'm glad to share it for our snuggles. :)
Forever Friend is ready to go out to the next knitter. Shandeh can you pm me the address for whoever is next please?
Thanks, scrappy! I'll check on the next knitter right now. :thumbsup:

Spikey
11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Paws & Claws arrived safely today.

Thanks for the terrific yarn!

kellyh57
11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think I ever posted pictures of Paws & Claws. My part is actually navy and green, but it shows up really dark in the picture.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3020319380_04dc09e995.jpg

I couldn't resist putting my baby's doggie with it! My real dog would never pose for me!

Kelly

mamapaulsel
11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Due to last weeks kidney stones, it has delayed my progress on puppy love. I have about half of my section done, so please be patient with me. I'm working as fast as I can :teehee: :knitting:

Mulderknitter
11-13-2008, 09:11 AM
:waving: I'm going to cast on a new blankie for all of us this weekend, but I can't come up with a name!:?? Any ideas????

Spikey
11-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I've finished with Paws & Claws! :happydance:

Will post a pic tomorrow.

Have started a new snuggle with the needle, too. How about Whiskers Wooby? :teehee:

Sandy, do you have any knitters lined up, or is anyone interested?

mamapaulsel
11-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Puppy Love is ready for the next knitter. Please PM me with their address and I'll send it on it's way.

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 04:27 AM
I've finished with Paws & Claws! :happydance:
Yay! Our first completed Pet Snuggle! :cheering:
Have started a new snuggle with the needle, too. Sandy, do you have any knitters lined up, or is anyone interested?
Thanks for starting "Whiskers Wooby", Spikey! :)

Let's get a list of knitters for that one now. :thumbsup:
We need FIVE more knitters for Spikey's snuggle.

Mulderknitter is also starting a new snuggle (as she mentioned above), and needs a name for it. Here is her list of knitters:
Mulderknitter, misha rf, kellyh57, jdee, Spikey, jjminarcik

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 04:28 AM
Puppy Love is ready for the next knitter. Please PM me with their address and I'll send it on it's way.
Thanks Brenda. I'm checking on the next knitter right now. :)

kellee0302
11-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Sent out Kitty Cuddles, yesterday with confirmation #0306 1070 0002 9867 9442.

Spikey
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Yay! Our first completed Pet Snuggle! :cheering:

Wow! I didn't know it was the first one done! I'd better get you guys a picture!

Edited - here it is!http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/3029299555_13dd3635c7.jpg

Secksiebrat
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm happy to knit on one of the new ones if you need a knitter!

~danielle~

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow! I didn't know it was the first one done! I'd better get you guys a picture!
Yay!!! :cheering: It looks wonderful! And since it will get all "ruffed up" in an animal cage, it doesn't need a border. :wink:

I'm happy to knit on one of the new ones if you need a knitter!
Excellent! :thumbsup:
I'll put you down as the next knitter on "Whiskers Wooby" - the one that Spikey is starting now. :)

gmmarton
11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd like to knit on Whiskers Wooby...is there space available? I've gots lots of cotton yarn!

Thanks, Shandeh!

Shandeh
11-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Sure thing! We are just a bunch of cotton-knittin' gals! :wink:

Shandeh
11-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Spikey...one more question. Would you mind measuring our first completed snuggle? I want to see if it's 24 x 24 like we wanted. If not, we can get a crocheter to add some stripes on the sides or something. Also, it would be nice for planning the rest of our snuggles. :thumbsup:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/3029299555_13dd3635c7.jpg

Spikey
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Sandy,
I'll definitely measure it when I get home from work. The picture does not show the true size, as a bit of the side was hanging off the edge of the table.

I'd be a bit concerned about adding a crocheted border, as it was already tough to keep our baby cat from biting at the edges while I was knitting. I'd worry that an edge might be that much more tempting and easier to unravel (making it a choking hazard), but I'm not a crocheter...

Mulderknitter
11-15-2008, 12:36 PM
I just got Kitty Cuddles from Kellee0302! Thank you for all the wonderful goodies! The kitties are hiding from my brother right now, but we'll be sure to let them play with those toys tonight!:muah: Thank you! I will post a pic of the blankie as soon as my part is added before it goes out for the mail

Shandeh
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I'd be a bit concerned about adding a crocheted border, as it was already tough to keep our baby cat from biting at the edges while I was knitting. I'd worry that an edge might be that much more tempting and easier to unravel (making it a choking hazard), but I'm not a crocheter...
Thanks for the input! I'm not a pet-owner, so I don't know about those things. :hug:

KnittinMitchie
11-16-2008, 12:09 AM
speaking from experience here. If a puppy eats a piece of cotton sting a small piece say and inch or so they will be fine. it is elastic that you REALLY need to watch out for.

BUT I do agree the border to a kitty is tempting. If a border is put on I would do 2-3 rows of single crochet and nothing else.

Spikey
11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Paws & Claws measures almost exactly 24x24". Give or take ~1/2", depending on where I measure.

Looks like your plan was spot on, Sandy!

Spikey
11-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm going to cast on four more snuggles in the next two months. They will have a "Royalty" theme, since so many animals have a kingly or queenly attitude. :teehee:

Her Highness - pink, red, purple
Sweet Princess - pink
His Majesty - blue, purple
My Prince - blue

I will probably wait until January to mail these out, so we can all concentrate on our holiday knitting.

Please add me to Her Highness and Sweet Princess. I have a fuschia pink double worsted cotton that would be perfect!

Mulderknitter
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Kitty Cuddles is ready for the next knitter!
Who's next????
Here is what she looks like so far:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture237.jpg

Shandeh
11-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Paws & Claws measures almost exactly 24x24". Give or take ~1/2", depending on where I measure.
Looks like your plan was spot on, Sandy!
Yay! :cheering: Are we lucky, or what!? :thumbsup:
Please add me to Her Highness and Sweet Princess. I have a fuschia pink double worsted cotton that would be perfect!
Great....thanks for joining those Spikey! Right now, it's just you and me on the lists. :teehee:
Kitty Cuddles is ready for the next knitter! Who's next?
It looks wonderful! Thanks for the photo. I'll check with the next knitter right now. :hug:

Mulderknitter
11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Sandy,
Do you think you could add a post here that you could edit so that we know what blankets are currently out there/being worked on and who is on the list for each one? I kinda forgot what I signed up for and it would be helpful. Tracie has one in a post on our midwest blankies that I find useful. Just a suggestion but it would totally help me:shrug:

Secksiebrat
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I think she has one on the blog if I'm not mistaken. You may check that out?

~danielle~

mamapaulsel
11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Puppy Love will go in the mail tomorrow after work. I didn't make it in time on Saturday, sorry.

Shandeh
11-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Do you think you could add a post here that you could edit so that we know what blankets are currently out there/being worked on and who is on the list for each one?
Here you go. The names in BOLD are the knitters that still have to work on the particular snuggles:
Paws & Claws - COMPLETE!
(Shandeh, Mulderknitter, misha rf, kellyh57, Spikey)

Puppy Love
(Shandeh, jdee, gmmarton, mamapaulsel, sgtpam, KnittinMitchie)

Kitty Cuddles
(Shandeh, Spikey, kellee0302, Mulderknitter, Secksiebrat, lizardknits)

Forever Friend
(Shandeh, scrappygolden, jjminarcik, Mulderknitter, jdee, Secksiebrat)

Unnamed Snuggle
(Mulderknitter, misha rf, kellyh57, jdee, Spikey, jjminarcik)

Whiskers Wooby
(Spikey, Secksiebrat, gmmarton, NEED 3 KNITTERS)

Her Highness
(Shandeh, Spikey, NEED 4 KNITTERS)

Sweet Princess

Puppy Love will go in the mail tomorrow after work. I didn't make it in time on Saturday, sorry.
No apology necessary. Thanks so much! :hug:

Mulderknitter
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
I think she has one on the blog if I'm not mistaken. You may check that out?

~danielle~
I looked but didn't see it if it was there :??
Thanks for posting one anyway Sandy!
The "unnamed blanket" I think will be "Pampered Pets" Sound good?

jjminarcik
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I received "Forever Friend" on Friday last week! I think it was delivered earlier, but I was out of town and didn't get it until then.

Shandeh - Will you put me on the list for Her Highness? I have TONS of pretty "girly" yarn! :teehee:

sgtpam
11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Great! I can't wait :woohoo:

This is my very first oddball and I want to be ready. What brand of yarn did you use? Also, what color? so I can check my stash first to see if I have something that'll work...or if I have to go back to Joannes (oh, shucky darn:wink: )

So far I've found their prices and selection is best for cotton around here, especially with HL's 40% of coupon...which they have again this week! :woot:

Thanks for the update...I'll keep my eye out for the mail.

sgtpam
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Here you go. The names in BOLD are the knitters that still have to work on the particular snuggles:

Whiskers Wooby
(Spikey, Secksiebrat, gmmarton, NEED 3 KNITTERS)

Her Highness

Sweet Princess

If you're trying to keep them in the same region, you can put me on any of these that are coming towards Texas.

Mulderknitter
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Great! I can't wait :woohoo:

This is my very first oddball and I want to be ready. What brand of yarn did you use? Also, what color? so I can check my stash first to see if I have something that'll work...or if I have to go back to Joannes (oh, shucky darn:wink: )

So far I've found their prices and selection is best for cotton around here, especially with HL's 40% of coupon...which they have again this week! :woot:

Thanks for the update...I'll keep my eye out for the mail.
Most of us are using the peaches n cream or sugar n cream cotton yarn i think. I was just at Michael's and they are about $1.50 each.
FYI for everyone, Michaels' will take competitors coupons!
I think the fun of the oddballs is getting it in the mail and seeing what everyone else has done. the last one I got "kitty cuddles" i had no idea the colors and I was so surprise, nice royal purples and blues. :yay:

Shandeh
11-18-2008, 05:14 AM
I looked but didn't see it if it was there :?? Thanks for posting one anyway Sandy!
I'm not putting the list on the blog. We only have eight snuggles right now, so we can manage it here. :thumbsup:

The "unnamed blanket" I think will be "Pampered Pets" Sound good?
Great name! :cheering:

Shandeh - Will you put me on the list for Her Highness? I have TONS of pretty "girly" yarn! :teehee:
Thanks so much! :hug:

This is my very first oddball and I want to be ready. What brand of yarn did you use? Also, what color?
As long as it's cotton, and it's worsted weight, it will work. :wink:
Just keep in mind that we are using TWO STRANDS of yarn, held together throughout, so it's best to buy two skeins to make it easier.

Go for it, my friend! And keep in mind that Hobby Lobby wil have a 40% coupon EVERY WEEK during the holidays!
:woohoo:

If you're trying to keep them in the same region, you can put me on any of these that are coming towards Texas.
There are fifteen knitters in our project, and SEVEN of them are in Texas! You Texas knitters are awesome! (and the rest of you are too.) :hug:

I am not putting the snuggles in regions, because there are not that many of us involved. We are in Connecticut (1), Texas (7), New York (1), Missouri (1), North Carolina (3), Minnesota (1), and Pennsylvania (1).

Thank you all for your hard work on our snuggles! :heart:

jdee
11-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Of the four going out in January, if you'd like, you can put my name on a boy one and a girl one. Or any other you need a knitter on.:muah:

Spikey
11-18-2008, 09:24 AM
As long as it's cotton, and it's worsted weight, it will work. :wink: Just keep in mind that we are using TWO STRANDS of yarn, held together throughout, so it's best to buy two skeins to make it easier.

The other option is to use one strand of double worsted weight cotton, which I've done for all three snuggles I've worked on so far.

Mine is Peaches and Creme, from their website, but I think you can get it in stores, too. I've bought it intermittently to make the Absorba the Great rug from the first Mason-Dixon book. Previously, I'd been using the leftovers to make super-thick pot holders and trivets.

Compare prices & yardage to see what gets you the best deal.

Shandeh
11-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks jdee! I've added you to "Sweet Princess" (pinks) and "His Majesty" (blues, purples)

Thanks for the reminder about the double worsted yarn, Spikey.

Mulderknitter
11-18-2008, 06:59 PM
"kitty cuddles" went out to Secksiebrat today! conf # 0305 0830 0002 5747 9357:yay:

Mulderknitter
11-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Pampered pets has been cast on and I am working on it. Misha RF will you be ok with getting it mailed out by next week?
Sandy-I'm a bit overwhelmed with blankies at the moment, but if you could put me on the bottom of the list for those last blankies you have I would love to help.
I didn't have a blankie to work on for weeks and now I have 3! How does that work!:roflhard: :knitting:

Shandeh
11-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Sandy-I'm a bit overwhelmed with blankies at the moment, but if you could put me on the bottom of the list for those last blankies you have I would love to help.
I understand your pain! I'll be enjoying a bit of rest from "Oddballing" over the holidays. :teehee:
I'll put you at the end of "Her Highness" and "His Majesty".

I didn't have a blankie to work on for weeks and now I have 3! How does that work!:roflhard: :knitting:
That always seems to be the way it goes. :roll:
You just cannot predict when they will actually appear at your door.

Mulderknitter
11-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Dear Kellee0302,
While I want to sincerely thank you for the awesome kitty gifts, I seem to be having 2 problems. The first is that Itchy decided that the shiny one with the feathers was "his" and won't tell anyone where he put it. I suspect it is under something, but we have too many somethings to pursue this idea. Meanwhile, he seems to have forgotten where it is and has now taken to looking under every "something" which is starting to drive me batty.
The second problem is that Mulder can't seem to keep the other shiny one with the stars from becoming drowned. This was cute at first. We would watch him walk across the room with the toy in his mouth and the dangly bit hanging down and watch him "plop" it in the bowl. But it is now becoming a bit ridicuolous. He HAS to have it in the bowl. When it is not in the bowl, he is upset and looks for it. When it is out, he picks it up and puts it back in the bowl. This would be fine, but he is also a water hog. He likes clean water. The toy makes the water dirty, which he soundly dissapproves of. Hence, whenever said toy is in bowl, he wants new water. Take toy out, new water, give toy back, toy back in water.
Seriously, I'm exhausted. And the water bill is getting pretty high I'm sure.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/MulderMom/Picture240.jpg
Sincerely,
Mulderknitter, aka at the beck and call of the cats.
PS, this is all in jest, I love that you found toys that amuse the 13 year old Mulder this much:muah:

mamapaulsel
11-22-2008, 02:40 PM
:doh: :eyes: Silly me! I forgot to mail Puppy Love until yesterday. I am sooooooo sorry! It has been one busy week and now DD is sick.

Secksiebrat
11-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I received kitty cuddles today! Thanks for the cute notebook!

~danielle~

Mulderknitter
11-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I received kitty cuddles today! Thanks for the cute notebook!

~danielle~
You are welcome! I keep one in my purse all the time!

Secksiebrat
11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Kitty Cuddles is ready for it's last knitter! I had a bunch of shows to catch up on on my DVR so when my son and hubby napped today, I knitted (finished another oddball blanket too!).

I'll post it Monday if the next person is ready!

~danielle~

Shandeh
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
"Kitty Cuddles" looks amazing! :)

I just sent a message to the last knitter. I'll let you know when I hear if they are ready! :wink:

Mulderknitter
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
:waving: Hi Sandy! could you see if the next knitter is ready for "Pampered Pets?"
Thanks!

sgtpam
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
:doh: :eyes: Silly me! I forgot to mail Puppy Love until yesterday. I am sooooooo sorry! It has been one busy week and now DD is sick.

My turn...my turn!!!:happydance:

I got Puppy Love today; I was hoping it would come before I left for Thanksgiving. :woohoo:

I wonder what color I should add....hmmmmmm....decisions, decisions....:think:

Now, which stash did I put that cotton in:??

p.s. hope your DD is feeling better!

misha rf
11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Just popping in to ooh and aah over the cuddles! :happydance: And to say that you can put me on any of 'em that need extra knitters.

Thanks!

Mulderknitter
11-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Just popping in to ooh and aah over the cuddles! :happydance: And to say that you can put me on any of 'em that need extra knitters.

Thanks!
I believe you are next for Pampered pets, are you ready?

misha rf
11-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Sure! Send it on! :happydance:

Shandeh
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
:waving: Hi Sandy! could you see if the next knitter is ready for "Pampered Pets?" Thanks!
I'm glad y'all found each other in here. I've just been WAY too busy lately. :shock: Church music is busy this time of year, so you'll all have to be patient with me for a while. Let me know if you need misha's address.

I got Puppy Love today; I was hoping it would come before I left for Thanksgiving.
Yay! Have fun with the blanket! :hug:

Just popping in to ooh and aah over the cuddles! :happydance: And to say that you can put me on any of 'em that need extra knitters. Thanks!
Thanks misha! I've added you to "Whiskers Wooby" and "Sweet Princess". :heart:

Mulderknitter
11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Pampered Pets went out to MishaRF today:yay:

Shandeh
11-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Good to hear! :thumbsup:

misha rf
12-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Pampered Pets is here! It's lovely! :cheering:

Thank you for the candle--it smells great! (And certainly better than the dog smells right now...) :rofl:

misha rf
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Pampered Pets is done! Who's next??

Shandeh
12-04-2008, 02:27 AM
That was FAST Misha! :cheering:
I'll check with the next knitter right now.

Spikey
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Whiskers Wooby is just about done. Sandy, would you please see if the next knitter is ready?
Thanks!

Secksiebrat
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
These definitely seem to knit up fast! I'm glad to see them moving! :)

~danielle~

misha rf
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Garter stitch is the fastest thing!

Shandeh
12-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Whiskers Wooby is just about done. Sandy, would you please see if the next knitter is ready?
Thanks!
I'll check right now. Hey....Danielle, are you ready to knit "Whiskers Wooby"? :teehee:
These definitely seem to knit up fast! I'm glad to see them moving! :)
~danielle~
Yes they do! The doubled-up yarn makes for quick work.
Garter stitch is the fastest thing!
:thumbsup: I love it!

sgtpam
12-05-2008, 07:00 PM
:woohoo: I finished my part of my first oddball. Here's Puppy Love (and my puppy)....who's next?

Shandeh, I've still got some Christmas knitting to finish; but, you can put me on another one after the New Year...:knitting:

Shandeh
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
:woohoo: I finished my part of my first oddball. Here's Puppy Love (and my puppy)....who's next?

Woo Hoo! Great job!
I'll check on the next knitter right now. :thumbsup:

Shandeh, I've still got some Christmas knitting to finish; but, you can put me on another one after the New Year...:knitting:
Same here. I'll be SO glad when all my Christmas stuff is DONE!

KnittinMitchie
12-08-2008, 08:43 AM
i'll be looking forward to puppy love.

misha rf
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Here's a shot of Pampered Pets. Yeah, I like purple.

Mulderknitter
12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Here's a shot of Pampered Pets. Yeah, I like purple.
That's why i started it in purple!:yay:

jjminarcik
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Forever Friend is on its way to Mulderknitter! Delivery confirmation # is 0494 2435 6110 5210 4009.

sgtpam
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
i'll be looking forward to puppy love.

And........it's on its way to you. :cheering:

I'll pm the Confirmation Number to you.

Happy knitting.:knitting:

kellyh57
12-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I received Pampered Pets Monday! Thanks Misha for the YUMMY yarn! I'm trying to figure out which yarn will look good with it and I'll get on it! (I don't have purple!)

Kelly

misha rf
12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
You're welcome! Glad it got there & that you like the yarn!

KnittinMitchie
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I have Puppy Love. I won't get a chance to knit on it until next weekend. I've got to get the suitcases packed and finish up Christmas stuff so I'll be busy.

We're leaving to go to Ohio for 2 weeks on the 20th so I'll have PLENTY of time in the car to get it done.

sgtpam
12-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I have Puppy Love. I won't get a chance to knit on it until next weekend. I've got to get the suitcases packed and finish up Christmas stuff so I'll be busy.

We're leaving to go to Ohio for 2 weeks on the 20th so I'll have PLENTY of time in the car to get it done.
Can't wait to see PL when you get done with it. I don't remember seeing who you're giving it to; was it posted?

Two weeks...wow! Drive safe, have a great time and a Merry Christmas.

Mulderknitter
12-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Forever Friend is on its way to Mulderknitter! Delivery confirmation # is 0494 2435 6110 5210 4009.
I just got Forever Friends, thank you so much for those jingle cat toys! I'm sure I will be hearing them go all over the house tonight, you are so kind! Though I doubt that Mulder will be able to pick them up and put them in the water bowl, but I will see!:roflhard:

Shandeh
12-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Thank you all for keeping our snuggles on the move during the holiday season!
:muah:

Secksiebrat
12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Kitty Cuddles is finally on it's way to Lizardknits! Sorry for the delay on my part! :)

~danielle~

Spikey
12-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry, Danielle, I know you are waiting for Whiskers Wooby. I've gotten a little behind between my holiday responsibilities and our last minute push to get the Northeast baby blankets out. Will post it as soon as I can.

Secksiebrat
12-16-2008, 01:27 PM
No worries! I have 2 baby blankets I"m currently sitting on, 2 more crochet ones coming soon and 3.5 pairs of clogs, 2 hats and some socks that need beads put on them. I have PLENTY to work on before/after christmas. Post it when you can! :)

~danielle~

PS. Some day I'll quit procrastinating!

Shandeh
12-17-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm amazed to see that any of you are able to work on the snuggles right now. I'm exhausted from all the Christmas stuff, piano lessons, and music gigs I'm doing.

Go Snuggle Knitters! :notworthy:

Mulderknitter
12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Forever friends is ready to move on, sandy, i'm pm'ing jdee to see if she's ready, you don't have to!

jdee
12-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Ready! Pm'd ya back. :muah:

Shandeh
12-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Thank you both! I'm just way too busy right now.
:help:

I'll be glad when this year is over.

lizardknits
12-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Kitty Cuddles !!!!!!
:woohoo: :hug: :cheering: :happydance: :woot: cloud9 :woohoo:
it JUST arrived this morning in Greensboro. I told my dad that it was a blanket that I would take home for kitty to lay on :teehee: ..... yes, I will indeed be able to get the obligatory kitty on Kitty Cuddles picture :heart: :mrgreen: :cool: :) . (I will try to get the picture later today of possible)
:hug:, danielle. thanks for making my last day here a bit better, even though I know I will definitely miss my roommate (she moves out tomorrow, and I dont know if I will be able to see her again:pout: unless I get some money saved up so I can visit her in Japan.... she is Japanese). :verysad: Out of the two roommates I had this semester, she was the one that I really enjoyed being around (long story as to why I had two roommates this semester).
:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah::hug: :muah::hug:

Mulderknitter
12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Jdee-your package is all ready to go in the mail, but it might not go out until monday. the post office is crazy this time of year, so I might not make it in time before they close on saturday. It will go as soon as I get a chance!:muah:

sgtpam
12-19-2008, 08:51 PM
.... the post office is crazy this time of year, so I might not make it in time before they close on saturday. It will go as soon as I get a chance!:muah:

You are a BRAVE lady!:notworthy:

I'm not going anywhere NEAR a post office next week!:cheering:

lizardknits
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Kitty Cuddles is finished. I finished the knitting and sewed in the tail from binding off. :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheering: :happydance: :woot: :woot: :woot:
I added bright blue sugar and cream to the blanket. :knitting:
Sandy, would you like me to start one (an oddball pet snuggle)? Would you like the circular needle back? I bought two skeins of worsted weight bright blue and I have some left over. I also have random cotton around the house.
(I will try to have pictures soon, one with cat, and one without cat :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: ).

Shandeh
12-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Kitty Cuddles is finished. I finished the knitting and sewed in the tail from binding off.
Yay! :cheering: Great job! :thumbsup:

Sandy, would you like me to start one (an oddball pet snuggle)? Would you like the circular needle back? I bought two skeins of worsted weight bright blue and I have some left over. I also have random cotton around the house.
Great idea! Cast one on, and let us know what you want to call it. Then, we'll get a list of knitters ready to work on it after you.

Mulderknitter
12-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I have still not been brave enough to try the post office to mail out forever friends, it's just too crazy right now. i have friday off so hopefully it will be less crazy and i will get it out then. Sorry for the wait!

lizardknits
12-25-2008, 01:14 AM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1622/131/122/169803943/n169803943_30876433_1786.jpg

(note- the yellow is not actually THAT bright)
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1622/131/122/169803943/n169803943_30876434_2240.jpg
beware the glowing eyes
(our diabetic kitty, Hannah, on the finished pet blanket)

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1622/131/122/169803943/n169803943_30876435_2691.jpg
gray baby, as we like to call her, really liked the blanket (I think she wants one of her own)

Shandeh
12-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the photos! :hug:
I'm glad to hear that your kitty liked our snuggle.
That's a good sign! :thumbsup:

Mulderknitter
12-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Forever friends went out to JDee today! conf #0308 2040 0002 0445 7625:yay:

Shandeh
12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
You've all done a wonderful job on our new project so far. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of our snuggles in animal shelters in 2009! :woohoo:

Mulderknitter
12-27-2008, 10:38 PM
You've all done a wonderful job on our new project so far. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of our snuggles in animal shelters in 2009! :woohoo:
It's only because of you that this has been started, so thank you!:muah: :woohoo:

lizardknits
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Kitty Cuddles was delivered to the Humane Society of Charlotte on Saturday. They loved it. When asked if I made it, I replied, " I helped make it", and proceeded to tell them about our group and the projects that we have done. I handed them the card that showed how far the blanket had traveled. I even invited them to join our forum (one of their workers is a knitter).

Shandeh
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks so much for the full story, Elizabeth! :muah:
It's so wonderful to know that our snuggle is appreciated.
:cheering:

jdee
12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Just a note to let ya'll know that "Pampered Pets" arrived safely. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Just a note to let ya'll know that "Pampered Pets" arrived safely. :thumbsup:
Thanks jdee.
Did you get "Forever Friend" from Mulderknitter yet?

Mulderknitter
12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks jdee.
Did you get "Forever Friend" from Mulderknitter yet?
i have the conf # if we need to check on it:shrug:

jdee
12-31-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't have Forever Friends yet. I'm sure it will be here soon.

Mulderknitter
12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
:?? I wonder if we're all getting confused here on the names of the blankies? i have this info on the blanket i thought was forever friends:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gifLabel/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0002 0445 7625

Your item was delivered at 4:31 PM on December 29, 2008 in PARIS, TX 75460.
:shrug:

jdee
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Oops! After after PMing Muldarknitter, I discovered that I got the blankets mixed up. It's "Forever Friends" that arrived, and not "Pampered Pets." I'll let you know as soon as Pampered Pets arrives. Sorry for the confusion. :aww:

sgtpam
01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm ready for another one? Is there one started that needs another knitter?Crossed Fingers :knitting:

Shandeh
01-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm ready for another one? Is there one started that needs another knitter?Crossed Fingers :knitting:
I'll cast on "His Majesty" tonight! I was waiting for Christmas to be over, and it's over now! :)

You're the next knitter on that one, so it will probably be ready to come to you in about a week. :thumbsup:

sgtpam
01-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I'll cast on "His Majesty" tonight! I was waiting for Christmas to be over, and it's over now! :)

You're the next knitter on that one, so it will probably be ready to come to you in about a week. :thumbsup:

:woot:

What colors are we using for that one?

gmmarton
01-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope you are feeling better, Sandy. Sounds like you have had a little roughness recently...

Shandeh
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
:woot:
What colors are we using for that one?
Blues and Purples....for royalty. :)

I hope you are feeling better, Sandy. Sounds like you have had a little roughness recently...
I am feeling MUCH better. Thanks for asking! :hug:
The medicine my doctor prescribed is working. :wink:

Secksiebrat
01-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Please add me to one of the new blankets if you still have space!

~danielle~

kellyh57
01-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I'll let you know as soon as Pampered Pets arrives.

Are you waiting on Pampered Pets from me? I still have it. I've never received an address to send it to. :?? I was getting worried after not hearing from anyone for a couple of weeks, but figured with the holidays maybe it was just too busy for everyone anyway. Send me your address and I can get it sent to you!

Kelly

jdee
01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I just sent you a PM. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Please add me to one of the new blankets if you still have space!~danielle~
Thanks Danielle! I've added you to "His Majesty". I'm almost finished with the first section. Here is the list of knitters for that snuggle. (By the way, we are using blue and purple yarns for this one.)
"His Majesty"
Shandeh
sgtpam
Secksiebrat
jdee
Mulderknitter

Are you waiting on Pampered Pets from me? I still have it. I've never received an address to send it to. .........
I just sent you a PM. I'm so sorry for the confusion.
Thank you both for taking care of that! :hug:

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Attention Snuggle Knitters!
http://bestsmileys.com/waving/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/waving/1.gif http://bestsmileys.com/waving/1.gif
We're making a small change on our new blankets for 2009. http://bestsmileys.com/transform/10.gif

Now, instead of each knitter knitting for 4 inches on the snuggles, we will each knit for 5 inches. The project goes very quickly, since we're using double stranded yarn. And I think that two regular skeins of cotton worsted will work perfectly for that amount of knitting.

So, now we will have 5 knitters on each new snuggle, and we will each knit for 5 inches. This will make the snuggle measure 24 x 25, which should still work fine for the Snuggles project guidelines. Just be sure to ONLY knit for 5 inches...no more.

This guideline goes into effect for "His Majesty", "Sweet Princess", "Her Highness", "My Prince", and any other snuggles started from now on.

(Our earlier snuggles started in 2008 will still have the original 4 inch guideline.)

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I hit the Michael's sale where the cotton yarn was 4 for $5, so I have a bunch ready to go! Add me wherever you need me Sandy!
:knitting:

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Great deal! :thumbsup:
I've added you to "Sweet Princess" and "My Prince".
(You were already on all the others.) :teehee:

Now, you just wait....you're gonna tell me later you have too many! :roflhard:

(Which is fine....if you get overloaded, just let me know.)

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Great deal! :thumbsup:
I've added you to "Sweet Princess" and "My Prince".
(You were already on all the others.) :teehee:

Now, you just wait....you're gonna tell me later you have too many! :roflhard:

(Which is fine....if you get overloaded, just let me know.)
I know I know....
But since the holidays are over I have much more time for this stuff. Except I should start my holiday knitting now...:??

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Ha! :wink:

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I was checking out the snuggle website, and it does say that you can use acrylic or cotton. Was wondering if maybe we couldn't include a few acrylic blankies in the mix? Do the same, double the yarn, knit 5 inches. It would greatly improve my stashbusting for the year. I have so much acrylic to work with that I would rather throw into a blankie to have it be washed a gazillion times than use to knit with to make something for a person to wear. Does that make sense???:??
I would be happy to start one if you wanted to give advice on needle size. Same as the cotton? size 10 or so? I have some 10.5 's that aren't in use? Would anyone like to join????

Mulderknitter
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I was checking out the snuggle website, and it does say that you can use acrylic or cotton. Was wondering if maybe we couldn't include a few acrylic blankies in the mix? Do the same, double the yarn, knit 5 inches. It would greatly improve my stashbusting for the year. I have so much acrylic to work with that I would rather throw into a blankie to have it be washed a gazillion times than use to knit with to make something for a person to wear. Does that make sense???:??
I would be happy to start one if you wanted to give advice on needle size. Same as the cotton? size 10 or so? I have some 10.5 's that aren't in use? Would anyone like to join????

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks Mulderknitter!

Here's what I'll do. I'll start another discussion thread for Acrylic Oddball Pet Snuggles. I'll copy your post to that thread, and we'll see who else wants to join in! :)

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone! :waving:

One of our Oddball Pet Snuggle knitters has asked if we can start making pet snuggles with acrylic yarn instead of cotton. She wants to use up some of her acrylic stash. (The Snuggles website says that animal shelters can use blankets made of acrylic or cotton yarn.)

The guidelines would be the same. Five knitters would each knit for five inches, so the snuggle would measure 24 x 25 inches when it's complete. We would each use two strands of acrylic yarn from our own stash, held together throughout the snuggle. They would be made with all knit stitches, so the snuggles would be nice and thick.

The first knitter would cast on 72 stitches with a size 10, 10.5, or 11 needle.

Our Oddball Pet Snuggles will all be donated to animal shelters to comfort homeless pets. :heart:

I'm happy to start some snuggles with acrylic yarn. Anyone else interested?

traceleighj
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Shandeh and Mulder- you said the magic words! ACRYLIC!! Count me in! I am sure you both know the amount of acrylic yarn I have :cool: . Just add me where you need me!

Shandeh
01-03-2009, 10:07 PM
And the cool thing is that we don't have to worry about making it soft enough for a baby! :woohoo: So, we can use up ALL of our acrylic yarn. :thumbsup: