PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Lace Edge Magic Shrug (Bedjacket)

The.Knitter
09-13-2008, 03:59 PM
This is a pattern from Moda Dea called "Lace Edge Magic Shrug". I have twiddled with the pattern a bit in order to make it for my sister as a bedjacket. She is ummmm larger than the model on this pattern. My sister is also allergic to wool, so I am making this shrug for her with Bernat Softee Chunky in Hot Blue, because turquoise is her favourite colour. I have the 10" of lace finished and am knitting the 15" ribbing, then I will go back to the lace for 10" more inches, sew up the sides and... tada! I will have a bedjacket.

The pattern:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/product...llection+1.htm

The pattern I am knitting is #5 on the list, when you are scrolling down in Moda Dea Fashion Collection 1 (top row end pattern booklet).

jheatherley
09-14-2008, 10:20 AM
That link doesn't work for me. Looks like a pattern I would like to have. But the pattern I really want is for the table cover you have under the shrug. Did you make that? Where, oh where did you get that pattern?

The.Knitter
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I got that table cover at the Dollar Store here in town. I got the table and needed something to cover it with but I could not find a round table cloth. So I grabbed that for now. I bought two of them in case one got stained. Do you want me to pick one up for you?

I don't know why that link did not work, perhaps try going to www.modadea.com then look for Fashion Collection #1 and it's the fifth one down on the list there.

jheatherley
09-14-2008, 01:28 PM
You are so thoughtful to offer to get the table cover for me. But I don't want just the cover; I want the joy of making it myself. You know how that goes. Thanks much.

mhansen
09-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Pretty color. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

PurlyGyrl
09-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Great beginning!:yay: I love the color. I've always wanted to make a bed jacket. Maybe some day. Sigh.

GirlChris
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM
looking good, what a bright and cheerful color

The.Knitter
09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
My sister decided she wanted the body of the bedjacket knit in double moss stitch, so I tinked back five rows of ribbing I had finished, but not the lace pattern, and started the double moss stitch. It looks nice and I think it is going to be a lovely touch. Thanks for all your compliments. My sister loves turquoise and this is the closest I could get to it!

WandaT
09-15-2008, 10:27 PM
It's going to be beautiful!! That color is perfect!

Puddinpop
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Awesome and the color is one of my favorites.

ArtLady1981
09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Oooo la la! Very very nice so far!

PS: I couldn't get the link to open.

The.Knitter
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Try www.modadea.com click on designs at the top of the page and go to Fashion Collection Book #1 (top row, far right booklet), it is the fifth pattern down and is called Lace Edge Magic Shrug! I'm sorry you could not get the link to open. I just saved this and then tried it and it opens for me!