PDA

View Full Version : Say Hello to Knitting Guy's Mom!

FloridaCrochetMom
09-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello, this if FloridaCrochetMomjust signed up on the sight. I am knitting guys mom, I know a lot of you know him. To all of you that sent me cards, hats and etc. after my cancer surgery, I thank all from the bottom of my heart. I can no longer speak since my voice box had to be removed so am very happy to have the computer to talk with, which is also a gift from my sons knitting friends, I thank them for sending it from Korea to me.I wanted to let everyone know that my doctors says that they think that they got all of the cancer this time, we just have to pray that it does not come back someplace else.Bye for this time.

Lisa R.
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello! I hope we'll see more of you. My own mom went through cancer treatment a couple of years ago, and is still in remission!

I'm glad to hear you're doing better, and hope we'll get to see more of you here! :)

Sunshine's Mom
09-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello! It's wonderful to meet you. You've raised quite a great son. Thank you for joining us. Hope to see much more of you.:cheering: :woohoo:

Amy

stacyk9
09-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello! Glad to know you are feeling better. Hope to hear from you again soon!!

Knitting_Guy
09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Glad ya signed up and posted!

BTW, the computer was actually from some of my blog readers. :)

auburnchick
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Hello, this if FloridaCrochetMomjust signed up on the sight. I am knitting guys mom, I know a lot of you know him. To all of you that sent me cards, hats and etc. after my cancer surgery, I thank all from the bottom of my heart. I can no longer speak since my voice box had to be removed so am very happy to have the computer to talk with, which is also a gift from my sons knitting friends, I thank them for sending it from Korea to me.I wanted to let everyone know that my doctors says that they think that they got all of the cancer this time, we just have to pray that it does not come back someplace else.Bye for this time.

Oh, hello!!!

I was hoping that Mason would help get you plugged in here!

Hugs to you!!!!

Welcome to the sweetest place on the internet.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

The.Knitter
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Well Hello there Mason's Mom (do you have an identity of your own or are you to forever be Mason's Mom to us?) Welcome to KH! It is so nice to talk with you. I am very pleased that all our prayers were answered and you came through your surgery and treatment so well. You are always in my prayers, as are all of my KH family (yes including Mason, because we all love him)!

You can tell I've been here a while, this is my 2,600th post on KH!!

Do you knit like your wonderful son does, or do you only crochet?

I look forward to seeing pictures of lots of your projects, what we call FO's (finished objects).

It's so nice to see you here! Thanks for joining our little yarn addicted family.

jdee
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Hello, and welcome to KH. I'm so glad your feeling better, and are able to join us here. :)

Jan in CA
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello and welcome to Knitting Help! It's nice to meet you!

We all love Mason and look forward to his posts. He looks like such a tough guy, but we found out he's really a sweetheart. :teehee: You have a great son! :thumbsup:

Wanda Witch
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
All here are so glad you signed up. So good to hear you came through your surgery and treatment(s) so well. Everyone here was so very concerned about you and you were in our prayers. I do believe we all adore Mason, he is like an adoped son, brother and certainly a great friend and asset to this community.

Take care of yourself, come back often. :yay:

FloridaCrochetMom
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes, I have ID of my own, name is Jean. Thanks for all of the nice messages, very nice to meet you!

The.Knitter
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Lovely to meet you too Jean. Have a great day and drop in often! We may joke, we may tease, but we NEVER bite!!!

FloridaCrochetMom
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
:muah: Yes I have my own ID, my name is Jean. Thanks for all of the nice messages, nice to meet all of you. All of your prayers are appreciated.

KnittinMitchie
09-18-2008, 02:27 PM
hi Jean So very glad to see you :)

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

I'm the one who put that lovely border on your blanket. SO very glad you are enjoying it.

Plantgoddess+
09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Welcome and best wishes for a continued recovery.

sue in canada
09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Hello and welcome to Knitting Help. Look forward to seeing more posts from you. Your son certainly keeps us entertained. We can now even view him in his daily life.

Mirl56
09-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi, Jean - welcome & so glad to meet you! Glead to hear your diagnosis is good.

It'll be fun have a mom/son team here.

Tropicflower24
09-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Welcome!

stitchwitch
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Howdy! :waving:

JustAFloridaGirl
09-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Welcome. From what I've seen around here you've raised a wonderful son. Best wishes for continued recovery.

PurlyGyrl
09-18-2008, 03:37 PM
:hug: Hello, Miss Jean! Welcome to KH. Glad you signed up. I will look forward to talking "crochet" with you. Yep, I crochet and knit!

figaro
09-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi there and welcome to the greatest bunch of people on the net! :waving:

FloridaCrochetMom
09-18-2008, 04:35 PM
:hug: Hello, Miss Jean! Welcome to KH. Glad you signed up. I will look forward to talking "crochet" with you. Yep, I crochet and knit!
Glad to meet you too. I do not knit, have tried to learn but just can not get the hang of it, guess I have crocheted for too long. Mason tried to teach me. He picked up needles, and learn to knit book, just can not get it, too old to learn, or have sometimers Maybe I can pick up some pointers from everyone here. Have a great day!

sabrinasmom
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Jean.Welcome to KH!! :hug: I'm glad you are doing well. Somewhere along the way I found KH and then I saw your son's postings. That kept me coming back here- a man that has the patience to knit!! :thumbsup: It's a wonderful site.

brittyknits
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Hello Miss Jean, and congratulations on the good medical report-- great news!! Welcome to the home of your son's fan club. We're all his yarn groupies here, following along on his projects and his knitting stories and advice on life. We love him!:grphug:

bambi
09-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Hello and welcome! I'm so happy that your surgery went well and that you are connected. I'm glad you enjoyed all our goodies, too. Come on back for a chat anytime.

:hug:

Bambi

evona
09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Welcome Mason's mom!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear from you!!!! I'm glad that the doctors have good news. :hug: :hug: :hug: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

evona
09-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Glad to meet you too. I do not knit, have tried to learn but just can not get the hang of it, guess I have crocheted for too long. Mason tried to teach me. He picked up needles, and learn to knit book, just can not get it, too old to learn, or have sometimers Maybe I can pick up some pointers from everyone here. Have a great day!

Knit or crochet, you're welcome here just the same. There's a bunch of crocheters here too :)

mks22300
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome to KH! So glad to hear that you are doing well! :hug:

Knit4Fun
09-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Hello Jean!

It is good to have you here in the forum - you've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot over the past months. I hope you've enjoyed the books I sent down and that your spirits are up.

:muah:

Knit4Pie
09-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Hello and welcome! Glad you're doing well.

Doublereeder2
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Jean -
So glad you have joined us :-) We love Mason and pray for your continuing good health.
Ceci

lestrella
09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome! I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Ronda
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi! It's so nice to see you here!

mwhite
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Hello, Mason's Mom!!! So glad you've decided to join us! We hope to make you feel as welcome and part of the KH family as we can. By the way, love your son's wonderful sense of humor and enthusiasm...bet he got it from you!

Daylilydayzed
09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello Miss Jean, I am so glad you are a cancer survivor. I am a cancer survivor also. I had thyroid cancer in 1999 and had my thyroid gland removed. Your son is a good man and we love him here on KH.

saracidaltendencies
09-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Hello and welcome! Good to see ya here and I'm so glad the surgery went well!

Sewing Angel
09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Hello Miss Jean! I'm so happy you decided to join us at our virtual home. I'm glad you are feeling better. This is a great place to visit. I look forward to being with us.
Angel

lelvsdgs
09-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!:woohoo:
So glad to hear you are doing so well. You and your son have been in my thoughts and prayers and so glad to hear of your good prognosis.
I'm sure you know you have a remarkable son in Mason and we're so glad you're willing to share him with us. Love all of his adventures and wonderful sense of humor.
Hope to see you around a lot and do post photos of the things you make. I'd love to see them!

iwouldratherbeknitting
09-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi there..

I'm the teacher that was living in Korea... (just moved to Germany this summer) and you might have remembered Korea because.. I sent the soft red hat knitted out of baby alpaca..

HOWEVER, I think that you really might remember Korea.. because I was knitting on your hat; this summer on the plane from Korea to the states (on my way to see the hand surgeon before he could tell me that I couldn't knit for a few months- which he did) and while I was innocently knitting on your hat.. one of my knitting needles flew out of my hand, hit the window across from me, and then it went flying 2 rows back... and I quickly 'stashed' my knitting in that little pocket and grabbed a magazine.. pretending to read.. while listening for 'sounds' of..

OUCH.. what was that thing? Etc... :aww:

After hearing no sounds of pain and agony or calls for a flight attendant to arrest the owner of the flying, pointed on both ends, wooden projectile... I continued to knit on your hat until I was finished... (plenty of time on flights that take 18 hours)

Glad you are on line and I hope that you have enjoyed wearing all the hats knitted w/ love... and one knitted with a flying needle too. :aww: *I have never had a needle fly out of my hand and I couldn't believe that it happened on the plane!

Dangles
09-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Miss Jean, hello and welcome to KH. You have a wonderful son and we all love Mason here. You are continually in my prayers. I am glad to hear about your current prognosis. :hug:

Debkcs
09-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Hello Jean!

So glad that you have decided to join us. That's quite a son you have raised, as you can tell, we love him to death around here.

My Mothers' name is also Jean, so yours will be easy to remember.

BTW, I have a grown son, and thought knitting was beyond me, but with the patient help of the folks here, I've come quite a way in the past thirteen months. After 35 years of crocheting, it was a change.

Praying for your continued good health!

gingerbread
09-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi Jean, So wonderful to hear from you. As you know we all love Mason to bits. You have raised a great son. Hope to keep hearing from you. This is the best place with wonderful helpful people.

:waving:

MAmaDawn
09-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Welcome! Glad to hear that the surgery was a success! Praying for you.

ritaw
09-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Jean , A huge welcome to the site hun :) I am so happy to hear that the treatment was a success. Your son is a gem :)

FloridaCrochetMom
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Hello Jean!

It is good to have you here in the forum - you've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot over the past months. I hope you've enjoyed the books I sent down and that your spirits are up.

thank you very much for the books, they were a great pick me up. I thank all of you for being so kind to Mason, I worry about him being out on the highway all the time, we have such nuts out there that think the big rigs can stop on a dime! It is very nice mee4ting you and hope we talk again soon. Jean

Knitting_Guy
09-19-2008, 09:28 AM
we have such nuts out there that think the big rigs can stop on a dime!

We do stop on a dime, it's usually in their pocket at the time though :doh:

KnittingNat
09-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome Jean/Mason's mom! Glad to hear you're doing well. You'll find a great bunch of people here:hug:

MMario
09-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi There Jean! (though I will admit I will probably think of you primarily as "Mason's Mom")

Mason is greatly appreciated both here and at MenWhoKnit for his stories of knitting on the road. Maybe you can joiin in trying to pursued him to write some of the stories up for publication?

BinkyKat
09-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Helloooo from ND Jean!
Hoping for continued health and happiness for you!
I get a big kick out of Mason's adventures, it's always a treat to read about him and a privilege that he shares them with us!
My brother only occasionally drives a semi now, but I have heard many a harrowing story. But, he seems to take it with a grain of salt and just watches out for his own hide so he can come back home safely. Sounds like Mason does too, right buddy?
Well, take care and enjoy the craziness that can be KH...can get a little "blue" in conversation once in a while and definitely a laugh and a half every day!
Welcome and enjoy the ride! :hug:

knitasha
09-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Welcome, Jean--
Even though it's called "KnittingHelp" there are plenty of people who crochet on this forum, and we'll be happy to talk crochet with you anytime. Hey, if Mason can't teach you to knit, maybe you can teach him to crochet!
Stay well --

gailf
09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Jean Glad to hear you're doing well!

Knit4Fun
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
thank you very much for the books, they were a great pick me up. I thank all of you for being so kind to Mason, I worry about him being out on the highway all the time, we have such nuts out there that think the big rigs can stop on a dime! It is very nice mee4ting you and hope we talk again soon. Jean

I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Mason is a great friend to many of us on the forum and his antics out on the road are always informative, entertaining...or usually BOTH! :teehee:

I am thrilled that you are on the forum and hope we can keep in touch. :heart:

Spikey
09-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Jean, and welcome! Glad hear that they got it all! And that you can still communicate with so many of us around the world who have gotten to 'know' you through your wonderful son :grphug:

The folks in the crochet thread should make you feel right at home. You'll get no pressure to learn to knit around here.

All the best!

FloridaCrochetMom
09-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi there..

I'm the teacher that was living in Korea... (just moved to Germany this summer) and you might have remembered Korea because.. I sent the soft red hat knitted out of baby alpaca..

HOWEVER, I think that you really might remember Korea.. because I was knitting on your hat; this summer on the plane from Korea to the states (on my way to see the hand surgeon before he could tell me that I couldn't knit for a few months- which he did) and while I was innocently knitting on your hat.. one of my knitting needles flew out of my hand, hit the window across from me, and then it went flying 2 rows back... and I quickly 'stashed' my knitting in that little pocket and grabbed a magazine.. pretending to read.. while listening for 'sounds' of..

OUCH.. what was that thing? Etc... :aww:

After hearing no sounds of pain and agony or calls for a flight attendant to arrest the owner of the flying, pointed on both ends, wooden projectile... I continued to knit on your hat until I was finished... (plenty of time on flights that take 18 hours)

Glad you are on line and I hope that you have enjoyed wearing all the hats knitted w/ love... and one knitted with a flying needle too. :aww: *I have never had a needle fly out of my hand and I couldn't believe that it happened on the plane!

Thank you for the hat, I love the yarn, it is so soft! How do you like living In Korea and will be in Germany? I did not know that you taught, I am a teacher also. What do you teach? Again, thank you for the hat. Have a great day. Jean

FloridaCrochetMom
09-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Hello Miss Jean, I am so glad you are a cancer survivor. I am a cancer survivor also. I had thyroid cancer in 1999 and had my thyroid gland removed. Your son is a good man and we love him here on KH.

:hug: I am glad to hear from a survivor! This is my third round with cancer, twice in the throat and once in the breast, I pray that it doesn't come back again. I just had a mammo done and waiting for results, gets on my nerves waiting. I went through radiation and chemmo, sure do not want that again, the doctors cooked me! YES, Mason IS A GREAT GUY, VERY PROUD OF HIM, COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER SON. Take care. Jean

FloridaCrochetMom
09-20-2008, 11:24 AM
hi Jean So very glad to see you :)

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

I'm the one who put that lovely border on your blanket. SO very glad you are enjoying it.
The blanket is wonderful, with the air on here most of the time it keeps me nice and warm, the border is very nice, thank you so very much . I see you live in Texas, I have a grandson in El Paso, getting ready to leave there for Fort Bragg on the 26th, he and wife both are in the Army, she is eight months along, getting ready to present me with my 5th great grand child! I am too young for this, not even in mid 60's yet! Guess that is what I get for getting married so young.Take care, have a great day and again, thanks for the nice blanket. Jean

The.Knitter
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Jean! Just think, another little one to pass a handmade heirloom to. Start crocheting. Have a great weekend!

cindycactus
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Don't know how I missed this thread. Welcome Jean. I made one of the squares in your blanket and sent a hat also. Still pray for you and Mason. So happy to hear you are doing well. My sister had Breast Cancer and survived 11 years before developing a very rare cancer and I lost her almost two years ago. My husband is a cancer survivor too. He had lymphoma in 1989. It can be beaten. Your son reminds me so much of my son. He is a big boy like him and he used to drive a oil tanker but now works for a company that does Towing. Mason is a joy here. Hope you visit often.

Cynamar
09-22-2008, 04:15 PM
It's nice to meet you!

gotta knit
09-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the site Jean, glad to hear you're doing well.

Shandeh
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jean! :hug:

iwouldratherbeknitting
09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
Thank you for the hat, I love the yarn, it is so soft! How do you like living In Korea and will be in Germany? I did not know that you taught, I am a teacher also. What do you teach? Again, thank you for the hat. Have a great day. Jean

Yes, I'm a teacher. I'm teaching elementary art at a brand newly formed school this year. I liked living in Korea and already miss getting on the subway to shop at the markets - especially the YARN MARKET!!

However, it is absolutely beautiful here where I am in Germany- I've really enjoyed seeing the landscapes.. the mountains in the distance, the wheat and corn fields along the road sides, and the little towns in the distance-- that look just like they were on a puzzle box or on a post-card!

AND, I'm so glad that you liked the hat that I knitted- it was the last thing that I knitted until just this week... it hurt to knit- but, I still knitted some baby booties and a baby hat for a long, long overdue baby gift.

And it was so nice to be able to knit again- I'd been w/out knitting for 3 months+.

MoniDew
09-23-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm sorry to have missed this when it was first posted. I just wanted to add my greetings and well-wishes. Welcome!
________
ROOR BONG (http://roorbongs.org)

mathwizard
09-23-2008, 08:16 AM
You are a lucky Mom to have such a great son!! I hope you will like it here and I look forward to seeing some pictures of your work. Verbal talking can be overrated and I use my hands when I talk. Let the fingers do the walking and keep talking!:-P

dustinac
09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Welcome to KH!! :hug:

Andres
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello! and welcome...

tokmom
09-26-2008, 09:37 AM
It's very nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy it here.:hug:

DQ
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Welcome :mrgreen:

Doodknitwit
09-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Great to meet you. Does Mason get his quirky sense of humor from you? :roflhard:
sending you well wishes!! Hugs too :hug:

Dimpledapple
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
It's wonderful to meet you!! Welcome :hug: