PDA

View Full Version : Re-hi, and yarn q

isabeau
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Um. Dunno if anyone here remembers me at all, but I used to be active several months back (...okay, probably more than "several" *sheepish grin*). Sucky RL issues kind of suck. (Especially when they involve a stretch of time in which I couldn't knit. zomg. not sure how I survived ;) )

Anyway, hi, or re-hi to anyone that remembers me :waving:

Also, I joined a group at my church for making prayer shawls. Any suggestions for a yarn (worsted or thicker) which a) is soft and snuggly-feeling, b) isn't likely to cause allergy problems, c) has some color variation, d) preferably is machine washable, e) isn't too expensive (since I'm going to need a lot of it), and f) is available online?

brittyknits
09-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Try this, and I would recommend looking at the purely acrylic ones, because if allergies are a concern, any animal fiber may be a problem: http://www.herrschners.com/depts/id-1935.html

Simply_Renee
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
The ones I made were out of Lion Brand Homespun. Very soft, beautiful colors, machine washable. Recipients loved them!

Downside- a PIA to work with, and 5.99 per skein online fron their store but you can get awesome lots on e-bay.

The recipe I used was CO 57 stitches, k3, p3 to end of each row. (each row starts with k3- it will not look like ribbing but just kind of textured). I used 2 skeins, and it made a decent size rectangular shawl. I also used size 13 needles so it works up fast, you could go even bigger if you wanted to.

Good luck!

lelvsdgs
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to say welcome back!