PDA

View Full Version : Bad Circular Needle Karma?

Aramis3737
09-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi all,

I've noticed my friendly addi turbo size 5, 16" needles are looking a bit like they're taking on a set shape. I've been making berets like mad on them, and tend to force the wire into weird shapes ( la magic loop) when when decreasing b/c my size 5 dpns are dancing with a sock project. Am I "hurting" them? Is the wire going to rip out or become misshapen forever?

Maybe I'll come back as a yarn that smells really, really bad all the time?

Cheers!

Limey
09-26-2008, 04:19 AM
Hi

I was once asked by a friend if my one-and-only Addi 16" turbo would crease - because hers definitely had. Don't know what she'd been doing.

They do crease but if yours are just taking on the shape of the Loop, it might be handy karma to let them stew in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes.

Fish them out very carefully (the metal tips obviously will be hot) - get a tea towel and run your finger and thumb up and down on the cable to straighten it - don't be tempted to stretch the cable, though.

Hang the needles over a door handle or something that won't let them get together much in the middle of the cable - I have a large duck ornament and I stash my needles around its neck (but we won't get into that one just now).

They might not straighten with just one go like this but it's worth trying a couple of times. Good Luck.

Ellie

Aramis3737
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
This is exciting news - I had no idea that getting water on my addi's (oh god, what?!) would potentially solve the wire abuse going on. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I daren't imagine who the first to do this was, but if it was you, you're a brave one. ps: fiesta sedona makes a really pretty tweedy look for anyone into self-patterners. i just found it on someone's blog and i'm in love with it.

Limey
09-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Hiya

You're very welcome - but nah, I'm definitely not the original brave bunny who dunked the circs in the soup. Whoever she/he was deserves a medal!

It's one of those things you just come across, mooching about the net.

Anyway, I hope it helps - it might take a couple of goes but they definitely should be less kinky than before - if you'll pardon the expression.

All the Best
Ellie