PDA

View Full Version : TINKing when working with Mohair

lynn893
09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
OMG, I can't believe I goofed up somewhere! UGGGG....

I'm making a beautiful shrug for my daughter's 18 birthday. I'm using Patons Fashion Mohair, in purple (her favorite color)

It's a pattern I found on Ravelry. I'm 8 rows into the main portion, and on a row 1, I've ended with 2 sts after the pattern portion, when there should only be 1.
So I tinked the row back almost to the beginning, where I THOUGHT the mistake had been made, and redid the row, only to come across the same problem..... UGGGGGGG.....

So, I'm going to tink it again..... brutal! It takes about 10 minutes to knit the row, but over an hour to tink it! (stupid mohair..... shedding purple hairs all over me, in my drink, on my clothes, on my floor)

:noway:

Jan in CA
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Frogging or tinking mohair sucks big time and can be nearly impossible. Good luck!:hug:

suzeeq
09-27-2008, 12:44 AM
They say putting mohair in the freezer helps. The hairs don't stick to each other so much.

WandaT
09-27-2008, 08:06 AM
That does bite. I've got a mohair scarf OTN and had to tink so many times when figuring out the pattern that I got some plain yarn until I got it. The worst part? The pattern is only a 2 row repeat and one of those rows is knit!!!! ROTFLOL. I finally figured out that I wasn't counting a YO before the last two stitches and it was throwing my counting off. UGH! You don't even want to know how long it took me to figure that out.

lynn893
09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
I've got a lamp on the floor in front of me, trying to see my stitches better. :roflhard: I still can't figure out where I went wrong... :hair:

Argggg..... so guess what I'm doing all afternoon?
:frog:

lynn893
09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I found where I made the mistake (must have picked up a strand of the 'fuzz' and treated it like a st...)

I ONLY had to tink a row and a half back, but it took me over an hour!

Now, I'm back in the game (abet knitting much more slowly and being super careful of each of my stitches)

I'm not sure if I'll ever use mohair again.... I mean, it is soft and fuzzy and the color is bright and vibrant... but what a pain to fix a mistake!