PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I'd Brought My Sweater

Knitting_Guy
09-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Brrrrr. I'm in North Dakota this morning. It's cold. It was comfortable when I went to bed last night but when I woke this morning I thought I'd left the air conditioner running. I hadn't.

It's 41 degrees here this morning. That may not be cold to Northern folks, but to this Florida bot it's downright freezing. I left my sweater at home thinking I wouldn't be needing it this time around but now I wish I had brought it along. Perfect temperatures for wearing a hand knit sweater.

You can bet I'll be bringing it along next time around.

twoxover
09-27-2008, 07:49 AM
40 degrees is chilly! But Mason--you just want to attract all the chicks <g>

betsey

BinkyKat
09-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Where in ND are you?????
Welcome to ND!:happydance:
Yeah 41 in the am may be nothing to us...but just wait until January... -35 windchills...yeehaw!:teehee:
The cooler mornings make for the nice change in the foliage though.

evona
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Mother's rule # 5: Always bring a sweater. Even if you don't think you'll need it ;)

Mother's rules #'s 1-4 are mostly about putting things in your mouth and running with sharp objects :)

lelvsdgs
09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
41 is pretty cold just about anywhere when you don't have your sweater! Hopefully it'll warm up soon... brrr

rachael72knitter
09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
It's 41 degrees here this morning. That may not be cold to Northern folks, but to this Florida bot it's downright freezing. I left my sweater at home thinking I wouldn't be needing it this time around but now I wish I had brought it along. Perfect temperatures for wearing a hand knit sweater.

You can bet I'll be bringing it along next time around.

Good excuse to start knitting one. You should get to the LYS stat!

Puddinpop
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
The weather is getting cooler. It's been in the high 50's in the mornings in Alabama. Mason, miss checking in on you on your web cam. That was fun.

Knitting_Guy
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I made it out of ND alive LOL

I was way up in Portal, which is right on the Canadian border. I delivered a fire truck there that was going to an airport in Canada.

Am in WI now and it's still kinda chilly. I guess Old Man Winter is on his way whether we like it or not.

Sorry about the webcam thing, I haven't hit too many good wifi spots so far on the road. Hauling oversized is pretty much run all day and then drop to get a few hours sleep.

MoniDew
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
would love a pic of that handknit sweater!
________
Dt250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_DT250)

Puddinpop
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
A fire truck. That is a big haul. I would be all tense to have to haul something that big all day long.

Knitting_Guy
09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
would love a pic of that handknit sweater!
It's posted in the Whatch'a Knittin' section.

Knitting_Guy
09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
A fire truck. That is a big haul. I would be all tense to have to haul something that big all day long.

It's just another load to me. I do a lot of oversized loads. As soon as I made it back to the yard today I loaded up another fire truck and am taking it to an airport in Western Wyoming.

Crycket
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
neat....

Which Canadian Airport? Do you suspect Toronto? That is near me....*winks*

Knitting_Guy
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
neat....

Which Canadian Airport? Do you suspect Toronto? That is near me....*winks*
It went to the Saskatoon airport. Am now in Wyoming, I'm delivering another fire truck to the airport in Jackson, WY tomorrow.