PDA

View Full Version : I'm going on a kayak trip

Plantgoddess+
09-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm leaving early Monday morning for a 3 day 2 night kayaking trip with 3 girlfriends. It's put on by our local parks and recreation dept. We will be sleeping aboard a houseboat and heading out during the day in kayaks. We will be getting lessons each day. We'll be cruising on Lake Roosevelt in eastern Wa which is above Grand Coulee dam. Meals are supplied and we'll be 2 to a room. We will also be able to go out separately in the kayaks and explore some of the coves and bays along the way.

Our local parks dept is said to have the most extensive program of any city in the US. I have also done some of their x-country skiing day trips. If my dogs were younger I might even try the skijoring class.

We are even getting 80+ degree weather for our trip which is great for this time of year in the NW. I also plan on taking a knitting project with me. There will be 10 people plus 2 staff and I don't have to cook for 3 days. :woohoo: :woohoo:

evona
09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I wish we had stuff like that around here. I went ocean kayaking once and loved it! Have fun!!

Puddinpop
09-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Lucky you. I know you will have a great time. Will you be taking a camera?

twoxover
09-28-2008, 07:44 AM
what a great trip! we have two open hull kayaks (for slow rivers and lakes) and love them....

betsey

Plantgoddess+
09-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I have my camera with me and hope to remember to take pictures.
I do have my own kayak, but the parks dept. is supplying kayaks and lifevests for this trip.
I've started the Ballet camisole in case I have time to knit on the trip. Unfortunately I'm driving so I guess knitting on the way over is out.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballet-camisole

Puddinpop
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
So cute. I hope you post a picture of it when you are done.