PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Sales

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
AC Moore last night: All baby yarns and all "eco friendly" yarns 25% off

Walmart today: caron SS, red heart baby, caron SS Baby, cotton yarns, Bernat and Lion brand ww, bamboo knitting needles all ranging from $1 to $3.50

suzeeq
09-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Apparently some walmart stores are discontinuing SS, so everyone might check their local one if they use it a lot.

Debkcs
09-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Friday, Jo-Ann's Fabrics had Vanna White yarn at 2 for $5.00. That's fairly inexpensive for a good quality acrylic. At least, I think the quality is fairly good.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
i've never tried the vanna white yarn.... it felt a lot rougher to me than RH SS.... I know that the RH also withstands the "toddler test" and softens as it's washed, also pulling the item right back into shape.

How does the vanna White do?

kellycat66
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
I went to AC Moore yesterday and found Heart and Sole sock yarn for 3.99 a skein. I had never found sock yarn at AC Moores before. I was so excited I bought 3 skeins in every color they had. It was cheaper than the sock yarn from Knit Picks and dyed for stripes and fair isle patterning. I'm looking forward to starting a pair. I just finished my first pair of socks and am anxious to start another.

KnittinMitchie
09-28-2008, 04:46 PM
i've never tried the vanna white yarn.... it felt a lot rougher to me than RH SS.... I know that the RH also withstands the "toddler test" and softens as it's washed, also pulling the item right back into shape.

How does the vanna White do?

Vanna's Choice holds up well and is easy ti work with. I've bought 2 skeins so far as Micheal's had it one sale 2 for $5. I find it a little pricey compaired to Red Heart or Caron.