PDA

View Full Version : "Guilt" free knitting...

cheley
10-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone..Is there anyone else out there that does this: Never, Never knits till everything else is done? Today (along with posting here very very early a.m.) I just wanted to re-start a poncho (that I totally goofed up yesterday)but DROVE MY NIECE TOO SCHOOL (10 miles), VACUMMED THE LIVING ROOM, DID A FEW LOADS OF LAUNDRY, POPPED DINNER INTO THE OVEN, DUSTED,ETC ETC... I have been up since 5 a.m. and now it's almost 10...which gives me about 1hour knitting time.(that's if I skip my morning shower) does anyone get up forget everyone else and KNIT???:biting:

jheatherley
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Of course. With the possible exception of getting the kid to school, everything else can wait -- indefinitely.

auburnchick
10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Yes, that's me.

I get up, get myself ready for work, do devotions with the kids, and then head off for the day. Fortunately, I work part-time and get home no later than 3pm.

Then, I'm busy trying to get dinner going (if we're lucky) and do a few chores.

I save the knitting for after dinner when I'm ready to watch TV.

Now, on Sundays, I knit guilt-free. I won't allow myself or the kids to do chores (except the ones that involve taking care of the animals).

Jan in CA
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Nah, my motto is "Knit First, Work Later". :teehee:

knitgal
10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah, that sounds like me too. On my day off I usually clean the house, so I'll do that, laundry etc. before knitting. Maybe we need to make it a priority?

Debkcs
10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Schedule the luxuries first, then when you get around to the chores,they won't feel so chore like.

But hey, I'm on SSDI, so I'm supposed to sit around!

knitpurlgurl
10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Unfortunately, no. I'm too guilt ridden to sit and knit when I know other things need to get done. I shouldn't be. I do deserve time for me - but I am: woman's/mom's curse I think. I am so with you - I start a project (usually late at night), make a mistake, and never really seem to be able to get back it for a long time. We all need to make time for us and our knitting.

GinnyG
10-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I have the PERFECT solution to guilt free knitting. I volunteer as an EMT for 3-12 hour shifts a week at my Firehouse. I live to far away to respond to emergencies at home so I am a "bunker" (that means I have to sleep at the firehouse), my DH volunteers as well (he drives the ambualnce) so we get to spend time together and when we aren't on calls, it's a small rural town so we have alot of "down" time, I get to sit and knit!!!!

Sometimes I can spend an entire day "doing good" and knitting. I would never sit at home and knit all day but at the Firehouse I am doig something important AND getting guilt free knitting in:woot:

Puddinpop
10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Do you think maybe, you are procrastinating about knitting? The reason I say that is, I can't wait to sew something, but when I finally have the time, it seems that I do everything but that. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I am going to have to do a lot of altering the pattern before I sew. I don't really know. Now knitting, I will put off if I have to fix a boo boo.