PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Holidays Support Group

Amberle
10-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Hey all,

this is my first year of having requests for hand-knitted stuffs for Christmas :star: . I received the requests enthusiastically and cast on for about three projects at a time (I'm making gifts for all 5 ladies in my family: all crafty, all extremely talented, none are knitters).

I want to prepare myself in advance for giving things that look handmade (a little uneven, a little too long etc., but full of love! :hug: ).

Is anyone else nervous to give knitted gifts (it's my first time)? Any suggestions?
:blooby:

Karina
10-06-2008, 06:00 AM
What are you planning on making? if you are worried I would keep it simple. like washcloths or hats. wrist warmers I find quite simple. If you can knit in the round, using magic loop or DPNs they are a quick knit. I made a pair for my daughter in a weekend. I think there are a lot of patterns on Knitty.com.

What every you decide to make, I am sure they will love it. and since they are crafters they know and appreciate the time and work that you have put into it.

DQ
10-06-2008, 06:27 AM
For anyone on Ravelry...type 'gift' into the pattern browser and you get great ideas! I just found a pattern for a soap sock, a tie, bookmarks and some scarves that will make nice quick gifts.

I do want to do a few knitted gifts this year but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself because stress is not good!

Amberle
10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
You're right about stress being no good!

I'm keeping it fairly simple, except the mittens I made for my mum. They're not exactly the same size ... whoops!

I can't be perfect, but I'd sure like to be.