PDA

View Full Version : Need yarn suggestion

tgwillis
10-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Can anyone point me to a yarn the felts thick that is easy on the budget. It will be used for felted clogs and they need to have thick bottoms.

cftwo
10-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Have you looked at Brown Sheep yarns?

dustinac
10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
When I made the felted clogs I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I held two strands together...also Paton's Classic Merino Wool is a good felting yarn...again just hold 2 strands together :thumbsup:

nannaknits
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
That is what I did too, I held two strands together using Paton's Mernio.

vaknitter
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I use Cascade 220 for all my clogs. They turned out really comfy. I believe Michaels now sells a lot of feltable yarn that you could get with 40% off coupons, but I have never used any of it. I prefer the Cascade over other feltable wools b/c it isn't too hairy. Some yarns shed so much I feel like I am pulling a cat out of the washer.
How thick something felts is a matter of how thick the yarn is to begin with and how much you let it felt. The more you let it felt the thicker and smaller it will get.

Mirl56
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I've felted with Lion Brand Wool, Patons Classic Merino Wool and LB Fishermsns Wool.

I've never made clogs (yet! plan to!) but I expect with any of these you'd double up the yarn.