PDA

View Full Version : Knitted in public (for the first time)

Andres
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I had always avoided knitting in public (I used to think I'd probably drop a stitch), but, today, I did it, and it feels awesome!

I thought I'd feel uncomfortable. I didn't know what I was missing :doh:...

Crycket
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Grats!

Mystery_Gyrl
10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Huzzah. Outside and knitting proud. :thumbsup:

knitasha
10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Felicidades, Andres!

Where did you knit? In a park, on a bus, at a cafe? What are you making?

Andres
10-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Where did you knit? In a park, on a bus, at a cafe? What are you making?

In an indoor soccer arena. I'm making socks...

Thanks! :)

Knitting_Guy
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Best conversation starter I know. I just got back to my truck from a little pub near where I'm delivering a military vehicle tomorrow. I was working on a Palindrome scarf and wasn't lacking for conversation at all :rofl:

lelvsdgs
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
That's great! Now you'll need to take your knitting with you wherever you go!

Knitting_Guy
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
isn't that like a law or something? ;)

lelvsdgs
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
isn't that like a law or something? ;)
Certainly is in my world!:happydance:

Andres
10-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Best conversation starter I know. I just got back to my truck from a little pub near where I'm delivering a military vehicle tomorrow. I was working on a Palindrome scarf and wasn't lacking for conversation at all :rofl:

Haha... and lots of questions (which doesn't bother me at all): what are you knitting? do you sell them?, etc.

Whenever possible!...

DeeJay
10-09-2008, 12:39 AM
My knitting has yet to leave my home.
Really simple reasons really.. I either walk or bike whenever I go out so not able to sit in a car. When I take the bus there's always the problem of the bus being too busy and I would have to stand.
And I'm boring, I don't go to games, parks or anywhere I can sit for a while, I do groceries and other shopping whenever I go out.
Although I've suggested to a piano-playing friend of mine (that only lives downstairs in the apartment building), that one night while her partner works, I can take my knitting down, she can play the piano and we can keep each other company. Still waiting for her bf to work a night again though :rofl:

blueygh2
10-09-2008, 01:17 AM
I was nervous first time and made a few mistakes.
In the knitting.
Then it was much better.

Now I only knit lace,and I'm a bit reluctant to take that with me, no matter the pattern, especially when the yarn is very unfroggable...

Simply_Renee
10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Knit proud! :thumbsup:

I take my knitting EVERYWHERE- it's the only way I get it done!

And Mason- did you "accidentally" end up in that pub- or was it an on-purpose kind of thing this time? :teehee:

wends
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Knitting outside is so fun! And I find it really relaxing.

1knittychick
10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
[quote=Andres;1161057]I had always avoided knitting in public (I used to think I'd probably drop a stitch), but, today, I did it, and it feels awesome!

I thought I'd feel uncomfortable. I didn't know what I was missing :doh:...

Welcome! At one time, I avoided KIP, because I was scared that my way of knitting was the wrong way. I got over it!:yay: When my son's football team is warming up on the field, I knit in the stands. He looks up in the stands to find me and gives me a thumbs up (our signal for he's ready to play) and shakes his head (his signal for OMG she's knitting again!):knitting:

KnittingNana
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
When our son was in junior high & high school, I went on alot of band trips. I wish I knew how many dishcloths I made in those 6 years!

I hardly ever leave the house without my knitting. About the onyl time I do is if I'm driving & running errands here in town. :D

Cynamar
10-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I knit while I wait for carry out and once did while I sat still in traffic on my way to work. There is always a project in my purse (a small one).