PDA

View Full Version : KIT N' KABOODLE SWAP *OPEN NOW*

*KnitPixie*
10-10-2008, 10:38 PM
SWAP IS NOW CLOSED!!!!
Hello Everyone!! My Best friend(KnitPrincess) and I(*KnitPixie*) have decided that it is time for a new swap and we have decided to make it a kit swap:woohoo: Wouldn't everyone just LOVE to get a package in which they could make something right away? Have you ever found a pattern you loved and wanted to knit but realized that you do not have all the essentials to do so..well with the kit made from your swap pal you will be able to:) Your pal will select Five patterns he/she have been wanting to knit/crochet and you will then choose a pattern in which you would like to base the kit around..YAY WHAT FUN?!
For example:
From a list from my pal I chose the Jaywalker sock pattern and plan to make a little sock kit.
So I would include sock yarn to make the socks, sock stitch markers, and maybe even sew a cute project bag and include some chocolate..Voila!! A sock kit that she is sure to love:)
Please be sensitive to the fact that this is our first time being swap hostesses so we decided to do it together to take off some of the pressure:teehee:

This swap is now for international swappers as well as the states
If there are any questions at all please email me( TINKS624@aol.com)titled HELP SWAP and My Best friend and I will review your question and get back to you as soon as we can:wink:

Swap time line:
Registration by: October 24,2008 (Closed)
Partners will be given by: October 31,2008(Already given)
Packages must be mailed by: November 28,2008
*ALL PACKAGES MUST HAVE A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION(less than a dollar) SO THE PACKAGE CAN BE TRACKED*

Here is the 'Kit n' Kaboodle' plan:
*Price ranges are $15, $20, $25, and $30(not including shipping) These prices are USD

* This theme is based on getting a knitting kit to complete a given project. Meaning a kit that has a pattern, yarn to knit the chosen project and a knitting tool/notion tailored to suit your partners preference.
* Please keep in mind favourite fibers (and allergies too! got to be a responsible swapper.)

* Your swap pal will pick five patterns that they have been wanting to knit/crochet but these patterns must be of a simple nature as to keep within the price range. Examples :Socks, scarves, hats,mittens, ect. Also you are to create a healthy mix of free patterns as well if you include pay patterns:)

the secret sender would then be responsible for doing the following:

* dye, spin, or buy yarn in their selected price range
*Choose one pattern from the choices they have given to make your pal a kit. If you have a higher price range to meet feel free to add more patterns and yarn until you meet the price range=)
*You are also responsible for including a knitting tool/notion. This can be knitting needles,stitch markers, holders, tape measurers, row counters etc.

:heart:optional of course (as usual) would be little goodies like chocolate, teas, special regional treats or favourite candies .. whatever pops into your wonderful heads!(can be included in price range but please no more than 15% of the price as this is a knitting swap and most of the contents should relate to knitting;) Fair enough?!)

Package tracking or delivery confirmation is required for this swap
Also we think communication is very important in a swap so we have decided that the rules are:
You must contact your secret pal once when you get their info(2-3 days), a second time, no later than Nov. 15th, and a third time when you have mailed the package.
:fingerwag: We will not tolerate anyone NOT contacting their pal. This helps your pal know you are still participating, and keeps you more accountable for your package. Swappers, if your partner fails to contact you by November 15th, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Via PM please!!

*KnitPixie*
10-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Copy and paste this into an email and email me (TINKS624@aol.com (TINKS624@aol.com)) the entire questionnaire with all answers filled in! Title it SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE To make it easier for me, I will be assigning you a number as I receive your questionnaire. This will be how I track your emails from then on and you will need to include it in the subject line of all your emails to me please!

There is a limit of 50 people to this swap(including us since we want to play too).

1. KnitPrincess
2.*KnitPixie*
3. Catz
4. Lieke
5. Samsam
6. KnitPurlGurl
7. gargoylelib
8. Cognizantamiga
9. oneyarn
10. jess_hawk
11. Songbirdy
12. lucky_alf2

Price categories are in USD -------------------------------------------------
QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, Ravelry Name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like us to contact you? (Primary email, KnittingHelp PM, Ravelry PM)

5. Price category $15, $20, $25, $30

6. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept odorless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

7. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

8. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

9. Fiber preference(make sure to keep within your price range)?

10. What are your favorite colors?

11. Do you prefer solid or variegated yarn?or do you prefer your partner to surprise you =)

11. Please list at least five possible patterns you would like to receive for your surprise kit!
(a direct link or name is best, and please, if you list a 'paid' pattern, try to include a free on as well!)

12. What knitting tools or notion(stitch markers, stitch holders, or a certain pair of knitting needles) Approx. $5 in value) that you would like to receive in your kit (please keep in mind the patterns you have chosen)?

13. Would you be willing to be an "Angel" (Back Up Secret Swapper) for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? It would be much appreciated=) (you would then have 2 people to give to please keep this in mind)

14. Would you be willing to ship internationally?

*KnitPixie*
10-11-2008, 02:55 PM
No one wants to join us...ahhh come on it will be fun. Don't make us swap all by our lonesomes=)

lelvsdgs
10-12-2008, 12:23 AM
This sounds like so much fun!!! I can't join you though, I'm going into the hospital on Tuesday for a hysterectomy and will be out of commission for a while. Maybe next time. I'm sure there'll be others who'd love to jump in!

*KnitPixie*
10-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Lee well wishes and you can join us next time;) Although from the looks of it my friend and I will be swapping alone teehee

Catz
10-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm in.

*KnitPixie*
10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
yay thanks for joining us:)

gargoylelib
10-13-2008, 07:33 AM
*grrr* why did you have to post a swap? :) I'm going to be in the
U.S. during the swap time and I'm awfully tempted to join! I think I'll
have to let it stew for a few days hehe....

Great idea for a swap, btw!

Libbie :)

Lieke
10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to think about some patterns first and will sign up soon.

Samsam
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Cool! I will join, I have to go now but I fill fill out the questionaire when I get back. Thanks for the invite :cheering:

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
come on you know you want to join us...Muah ha ha :D

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Yay!! Samsam and Lieke that will make 5 people including us the hostesses lol
Does anyone know how to make a swap banner for us?

Samsam
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Just sent in the answers!

I can make a banner. I see you still have the one from the new year swap I made :) I'll get right on it.

knitpurlgurl
10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm in.

Samsam
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I made a button and put it in my signature, you can save it to your computer and put it in your siggy too.

edited to see it it'll show up.

Samsam
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Here is the link to the picture
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/moomoo4u2/knks.jpg

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Yay that makes six*squeels*

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Sam for the cute button you'll have to teach me how to do that sometime;)

Samsam
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
No problem ^^ I'm very excited about this swap!

*KnitPixie*
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM
That makes two of us because I am stalking this thread lol

Nobones
10-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Hello Ladies, thank you so much for the invite. Sadly I'm not going to be able to join. Between knitting another dressing gown (I know, I said never again, but my friend looked so upset when I said no it broke my heart! Now I'm knitting another one in secret!).

I'm also arranging a get-together in my area for people with Marfans Syndrome. It's taking up all my time so much of time at the moment, and energy if I'm honest.

I do however think it's a great idea, I hope you al have fun and I'll be watching. :hug:

Lieke
10-14-2008, 03:56 AM
What a great button. I love it. Hopefully it'll help to get more people to sign up here.

gargoylelib
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Ok, I couldn't resist. It just sounds like a fun swap theme...I sent
my questionnaire in. I reasoned that since I'll be in the U.S. shipping
won't be that bad so might as well join in! haha....like I needed a
real reason! :)

Libbie

*KnitPixie*
10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Nobones we will definately have another one in the future and I will make it a point to remember you;)

KnittinMitchie
10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I would really love to but I'm hip deep in projects right now. I've got a blanket to get finished for Rabbit's son and I have signed up for 2 other swaps I have to knit for. Maybe next time around

CognizantAmiga
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Are you still open? If so, I will fill out the questionarre. I love the idea of this swap. As a matter of fact, I will fill out the form, but if you are finished taking people, I will just join in on the next one.

*KnitPixie*
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes we are still open..come join us we would love to have you:D

Tropicflower24
10-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this swap..... but I'm not sure I will be able to (funds). How long will you be accepting people? I'd really like to join, but I'd hate to have to pull out at the last minute.

*KnitPixie*
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
We will be accepting people until October 24th:)

Tropicflower24
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Another q.... I've never done a swap b4..... if this is supposed to be secret, how do you contact your swap partner while being anonymous?

*KnitPixie*
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
It usually is kept a secret and we make up new email addresses just to tease our partner. Usually by using google or yahoo;) Oh and if you don't want to do that I can be the "go-between" hostess (meaning I will relay your messages to your pal so you can remain anonymous):D Do not worry about a thing swaps are extremely fun!!

*KnitPixie*
10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
*UPDATE* we have 10 people signed up so far and 9 days to go for sign-ups! squeals I can't wait:woot:

Samsam
10-16-2008, 06:32 PM
:woot:

Lieke
10-18-2008, 01:58 PM
can't wait for the pals to go out, but it looks like we're going to be with only 10 :P

*KnitPixie*
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Thats okay if its only 10 people it will be a nice, personal swap;) Besides swap partners will be given out sooner:teehee:

Only 6 days to go everyone!!!:happydance:

gargoylelib
10-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Haven't been commenting too much yet but rest assured I'm anxiously
stalking! :) I'm in a mad dash to finish all my Christmas knitting by
the end of the month so I can take it with me when I go visit my
parents. Anyone wanting to know how to knit faster just set yourself
an impossible deadline! haha...

Libbie

*KnitPixie*
10-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Libbie thanks for the tip:teehee: I am sure glad I only do hand knit gifts for the few people in my family that I know are sure to appreciate it

gargoylelib
10-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Libbie thanks for the tip:teehee: I am sure glad I only do hand knit gifts for the few people in my family that I know are sure to appreciate it

Yep, this deadline has forced me to judiciously cut my knit gift list to
those who I know really enjoy the hand knits. Everyone else will be
getting something store bought so hopefully there won't be any
complaints...nope, I'm not that lucky..someone will complain! :)

*KnitPixie*
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Sounds just like my family:teehee:

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO:woot:

Lieke
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't handknit christmasgifts for my family. I'm just way to slow, I should start in January to finish in time. Besides that, I'm not sure if they'd appreciate it. And I hate deadline-knitting.

*KnitPixie*
10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't worry lieke I am a slow knitter too(I have a icky rheumatoid condition which causes some setbacks) so even a small sock takes me a while to do which can be very frustrating but I can say one thing..the plus is that when the FO is complete I truly treasure it:heart:

gargoylelib
10-21-2008, 02:13 AM
I guess I'm fortunate that I'm a fast knitter but I have to say it's not
something I aspired to haha I only realized recently that I must knit
fast! I think in my case it was just a matter of necessity to get
things done. I taught myself to knit right after having my dd and
was really slow but I was doing it to relax so didn't care. The older
she has gotten the more of my time she demands so I have a limited
time for knitting and I guess subconsciously I started getting faster
and faster just so I could get things done in the short time each day.
I think if you are enjoying your knitting it doesn't matter if you are
fast or slow! :)

Libbie

Lieke
10-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Don't worry lieke I am a slow knitter too(I have a icky rheumatoid condition which causes some setbacks) so even a small sock takes me a while to do which can be very frustrating but I can say one thing..the plus is that when the FO is complete I truly treasure it:heart:

Yes, I feel like that as well. I'm currently wearing a recent FO which took me almost a year. I totally love the cardi and knowing it took me almost a year makes me love it even more.

I know how long a sock can take. If I finish one in a month, I'm really pleased with myself, because that's really fast. I guess I only managed to finish anklets within a month.

I guess I'm fortunate that I'm a fast knitter but I have to say it's not
something I aspired to haha I only realized recently that I must knit
fast! I think in my case it was just a matter of necessity to get
things done. I taught myself to knit right after having my dd and
was really slow but I was doing it to relax so didn't care. The older
she has gotten the more of my time she demands so I have a limited
time for knitting and I guess subconsciously I started getting faster
and faster just so I could get things done in the short time each day.
I think if you are enjoying your knitting it doesn't matter if you are
fast or slow! :)

Libbie

I totally agree with you. The only thing that matters is if you enjoy you knitting. That's why I don't do deadline-knitting. I just don't enjoy the stress. It doesn't relax me as knitting is supposed to do. In contrast of you, I didn't start knitting faster when I got less time (due to my internship and now masterpaper I'm currently working on), but I did enjoy the little bit of knitting time I had more. I guess I'm a bit of a process-knitter, I just love to knit.

Lieke
10-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm totally ready. I'm really looking forward to seeing what patterns my pal will like. It's a nice way to find new patterns as well.

*KnitPixie*
10-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Thats one of my favorite parts of swapping as well...and the buying the yarn for my pal and a little for myself of course:teehee: Did I mention I love swaps:happydance:

Songbirdy
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi!

Okay... I just couldn't resist. I simply loved the only ever exchange I participated (hereby dating myself) the mini-sock exchange and I have my lil' socks in my knitting bag and they accompany me everywhere... so...

because of being welcomed out of the retirement side of the web-site by *KnitPixie*...

:poke:

I'm back ;)

*KnitPixie*
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Yay!! I am so glad you decided to join us..welcome back to knittinghelp:wink:

1 more day left to sign up everybody ..and then the swap is on:woot:

CognizantAmiga
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't want to wait anymore!!!!!! I am so excited about getting my partner!

Songbirdy
10-23-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah... I want my partner now too... :lol: I even went to the local Alpaca farm... but they wanted $25.00 for a single skein... which wouldn't be a whole project now, would it?

Lieke
10-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't want to wait anymore!!!!!! I am so excited about getting my partner!
I totally agree! Can't wait any longer!

*KnitPixie*
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT:

SWAP REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!!!

We are pairing partners up right now and the prospect of getting your partners early is very likely:wink:

*KnitPixie*
10-24-2008, 11:02 PM
PARTNERS HAVE ALL BEEN SENT OUT TO EVERYONE VIA PRIMARY E-MAIL...LET THE SWAP BEGIN:woot: :woohoo: :yay: :cheering: :happydance: :blooby: :eyebrow: cloud9 :)

NOTE:
Me(*KnitPixie*) and KnitPrincess do NOT know who is sending to us.We wanted to be surprised just like everybody else so we divided up the swap questionnaires between the two of us so that it would be possible:wink: So if you have questions and one of us is your pal contact the appropriate hostess:teehee:

oneyarn
10-24-2008, 11:14 PM
:woohoo: I have my swap partner's info...ready to start planning and shopping.

gargoylelib
10-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Woohoo! I have my partner's info :) All ready to start shopping and
teasing :wink:

Libbie

Catz
10-25-2008, 05:14 AM
I have mine too. I'm so going to enjoy this swap :woot:

CognizantAmiga
10-25-2008, 10:56 AM
WoooooHoooooooo!!!!!! I have heard from my partner and mine should hear from me soon!

What FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knitpurlgurl
10-25-2008, 02:07 PM
OMG - I'm so excited! I just read my email and know who I am collecting items for! I can't wait to begin!! :)

*KnitPixie*
10-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Jess_Hawk- I sent you another copy of your pals info via KH pm as requested;)

I am so happy my pal has contacted me and even more happy because she seems just as excited as I do about this swap, Ya gotta love when you get a fun, enthusiastic pal:teehee: Now the fun begins... off to shop for and tease the heck out of my pal :woot:

oneyarn
10-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Went to a LYS's birthday party today---found you the perfect yarn for one of your patterns.
Guess what? They had everything on sale so now I get to pick out yarn for at least one more of your patterns......
Lucky you!:yay:

Samsam
10-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Got my pal, excited!

gargoylelib
10-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Heard from my swapper...now the hunt begins. Can I guess who you
are? :wink:

To my swappee, was at the store yesterday and found some lovely
yarn in ********colors. It was so nice I might buy some for myself!

Lieke
10-26-2008, 05:09 AM
heard for my pal :woohoo:

I'm already so loving this swap! Now I must find some time to go yarn-shopping. I've already been browsing on-line stores, since my LYS is not that local and I'm not sure if I have time to go there.

*KnitPixie*
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
I bought my pal something today...here is a hint :teehee:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Antirrhinum_majus_from_Thasos.JPG/400px-Antirrhinum_majus_from_Thasos.JPG

oneyarn
10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Contacted and heard back from my pal.
Guess who ever has me is out of town for the weekend....hope you had fun.

jess_hawk
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Aimee, I got the pm. Don't know why my email wasn't working. I've sent out to my partner and also have heard from and replied to the one who has me. Hopefully they both get their emails. I'll be watching to see if they post on here that they heard from me.
Can't wait to start shopping!

*KnitPixie*
10-26-2008, 11:47 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL SWAPPERS:

I am sure your partner will contact you soon if they haven't already done so. Do not worry about it just yet:wink: Knitprincess is correct in saying give it some time..however the rules clearly state that your partner should email you no later than 3 days after recieving their partner info so please keep this rule in mind. On Tueday night we will ask everyone to post if they have/ have not been contacted by their pal so that we can keep everyone in check and make sure they are still an active participantCrossed Fingers Until then enjoy your hunt for the perfect goodies for your pals kit :blooby:and just sit
back and relax :clink:

gargoylelib
10-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey swappee, look what I bought for you today! :happydance:

*KnitPixie*
10-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Oooo that is sooo pretty libbie:)

Samsam
10-28-2008, 06:05 AM
I heard from my partner and mailed my own :cheering:

knitpurlgurl
10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
'Heard from my partner and sent my swapee an email to let them know that they have a swap partner!! :)

Songbirdy
10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi! I just wanted to make a general reminder that if you have some sort of 'spam' control on your mailbox, to perhaps check your spam.

Just hinting.

For the record, I'd like to thank my Swap partner for that nice 'tease' :lol:

Just a hint, :lol:

*KnitPixie*
10-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi! I just wanted to make a general reminder that if you have some sort of 'spam' control on your mailbox, to perhaps check your spam.

This is excellent advice..Thank you Roberta for putting that out there;)

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Everyone please check your spam box for messages from your partners as messages have often been known to hide out in there:teehee: With that said at this time I would like everyone who has not already done so to post if you have/have not heard from your pal. This will help us to make sure that everyone is accountable and actively participating in this swap:thumbsup: Thanks so much!!!!

Catz
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I have sent an email and heard from both pals.

oneyarn
10-28-2008, 06:28 PM
:woohoo: I got an email from my pal.
You are so sweet to write your concern about sending me skeins of yarn that have knots in them. That is sad when you find one, but I don't think it's the worst thing that can happen. I have learned all kinds of "joins" due to this. It has never stopped me from knitting with the yarn, even when doing lace work.
Please don't stress over this.....just go with the yarn you think I would like with or without knots....I am sure I will love what you decide on.

Songbirdy
10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
My swap partner is sending those e-mails out... curious, very am I :D

and with a 9 y/o son who likes... Yoda :D

Lieke
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Dearest pal,

I've bought some yarn for you and I'm working on finishing the kit. I hope you'll love what I've come up with. I might be mailing out within a few weeks!

lucky_alf2
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I heard from my partner and mailed my own :cheering:

Songbirdy
10-30-2008, 12:39 AM
I got some treats to go in my partner's package today. I'm almost ready to mail the package, some final touches and details and then into the mail it goes! :):yay:

*KnitPixie*
10-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Ooooo packages are going out all ready!!! How Exciting..woohoo that means we are gonna get some yarn porn:teehee: :happydance:

At this point everyone has recieved word from their partners which is great news!! I hope everyone is having as much fun with this swap as I am:)
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````

Hey pal I bought you some yarn for you yesterday and since I am so nice!!!! I am going to tell you one thing about the yarn I bought for you...It is...it is.... ready for it................................................ ...................................WOOL yarn...MUAH HA HA Did you really think I would tell you something important?! You are never gonna figure me out!!! Nah Nah Nah...Nah Nah

gargoylelib
10-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Oh wow, a package on the way already. What is it with these super
fast people? :wink: Mine will be on it's way in about a week. I
need to pick up a couple more things. Can't wait to see who is
getting what!! :)

Libbie

Lieke
10-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Hey pal I bought you some yarn for you yesterday and since I am so nice!!!! I am going to tell you one thing about the yarn I bought for you...It is...it is.... ready for it................................................ ...................................WOOL yarn...MUAH HA HA Did you really think I would tell you something important?! You are never gonna figure me out!!! Nah Nah Nah...Nah Nah

Well, it gives me information: You are NOT my pal, because you wouldn't buy wool for me :teehee:

*KnitPixie*
10-31-2008, 01:14 PM
LOL I kind of figured that.... but thought hey at least it will give Lieke a little something to go off of to make some deductions as to who her partner is:teehee:

Happy Halloween everyone:muah:

CognizantAmiga
11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I bought the prettiest sparkly ********* this weekend!! I think it will add some spunk to my partners pattern!!!! I wonder who it will go to???!?!?!?

Lieke
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, I ordered the yarn online but got an email today they hadn't got it in their stock. I'll have to wait another 10 days before it'll arrive. Sorry pal, you'll have to wait a little bit longer. I'm just really happy I ordered in time, so the package will be out before end of the month.

*KnitPixie*
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
My pal's package is almost complete..just need to pick up a few more odds and ends and wait for some stuff to come in the mail, wrap it up and then off it will go:wink: I bought some really cool notions to toss in the package the other day and guess what the stitch markers I hand crafted for my pal were made with "genuine"(by all stretches of my imagination I mean)
_ R _ _ _ N

_ _ A _ _ S

........ how cool is that!!!...and they are green and shiny and everything...I am loving my pals kit so far ,it has been a total blast to put together:teehee:

Samsam
11-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm having so much fun picking out stuff ^^:cheering:

oneyarn
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Good news for you......had to get a bigger box to put your kits in. Closer to taping it closed.

astonh
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm SO sad that I have been out of pocket. I would have loved to have joined you guys but will have fun, all the same, keeping watch as to the fun you guys have. I wish you all a WONDERFUL swap.

*KnitPixie*
11-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Heather like I said there will be more ..thats a promise;)Thanks for the well wishes!

Songbirdy
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I am getting close to getting my parcel in the mail... ;) Exciting times (I'm hoping!)

oneyarn
11-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Start watching your mail......the package is now on it's way across the country.
But is it going east or maybe west?

gargoylelib
11-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Due to a family emergency I won't be getting my package out until next week. Don't worry pal, I haven't forgotten you. Actually, since I've gotten to visit another city before I had planned I think it means you'll be getting some other goodies in your box! :)

Libbie

Lieke
11-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Today my pals yarn came (ok, there was some yarn for me as well :oops:) so now I'll have to go shopping for goodies and then my pal's package will be on its way.

*KnitPixie*
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Due to a family emergency I won't be getting my package out until next week. Don't worry pal, I haven't forgotten you. Actually, since I've gotten to visit another city before I had planned I think it means you'll be getting some other goodies in your box! :)

Libbie
Hope all is well Libbie:muah: :hug:

gargoylelib
11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks "guys"! :)

All is well...my sil had to have emergency gall bladder surgery and my brother had no one to look after the new baby or 2 year old so I went and stayed at their house while everything was happening. An emergency baby sitter! :) Let's just say I was reminded how much work new babies are and have no plans to have another any time soon haha....

*KnitPixie*
11-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Well I am glad all is well and hope your sister in law gets well real soon;) Babies are definitely alot of work but so cute at the same time lol

oneyarn
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
:teehee: Glad you were surprised when you got your package. I think that's one of the things that makes swaps so much fun. Coming home to a box just for you full of goodies.
I am so glad that Harvey made the trip okay.....my cat Essie Rose is still searching for him.

*KnitPixie*
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Teehee you two are a trip and I am so glad I do not have to carry the secret of who Jenn's(KnitPrincess) pal is anymore:teehee: Harvey is soo cute ..but the rest of you will have to wait until she posts her pictures to see for yourselves just how cute he really is :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be sending my pals package out this Saturday , I am just wrapping everything up now and putting the final touches on the package and then off it goes...my pal also has a little guy in her package as well and I am hoping he doesn't accidentally sneeze...seems he has seasonal allergies..we talked about the complications if he does sneeze and he promised to take his allergy meds before he begins his journey to you. We will just have to wait and see ...and hope the package makes it there in one piece:teehee:

jess_hawk
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
My pal's package should be going out next week sometime... :)

*KnitPixie*
11-15-2008, 11:47 PM
I sent my pal's package out, I can't wait
until she gets it:happydance: :teehee:

gargoylelib
11-16-2008, 10:27 AM
I've got my pal's package sent out as well! Can't wait for the pics to start flowing in :)

Libbie

*KnitPixie*
11-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Hopefully this worked I have been having trouble with flickr..grrrrrr
Here my friend hope this helps ya:wink: When clicked on they can be seen just thought this would be easier for everyone..explain away lol
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/3036759229_31dc640830.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/3036759467_c26c4daa2d.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/3036759675_bd2e987fce.jpg?v=0

CognizantAmiga
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
My partner's package is in the mail!!!! However--being like I am, I forgot to put my name ANYWHERE on the package! So......if you get a package from TN be sure to post, so I can tell you if it is me! Can't wait to see what you think!

knitpurlgurl
11-17-2008, 04:55 PM
I just received my swap package today!!!!! OMG it's so AWESOME! I don't have my camera tonight - but will have it tomorrow and will definitely post pics of everything! Gargoylelib - you so outdid yourself!! THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!!

On another happy note - I am sending my partner's package tomorrow or Wednesday depending on the weather!! YIPPEE!!

gargoylelib
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Hurray! I'm glad it arrived so quickly! I really hope you enjoy everything :)

Libbie

oneyarn
11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
KnitPrincess,
It sounds like I sent Harvey to a great home.....just watch him close...he likes to bury himself in soft yarn.
I had a lot of fun putting together your "kit" package....glad you liked everything.
Always the best swaps happen here at KH!

knitpurlgurl
11-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Here (http://tiny.cc/32vcY) are pics of the goodies Goargoylelib sent me!! {{{Squeals}}}

*KnitPixie*
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
WOW everyone is getting such lovely packages!!! Great job on the 'kit' packages oneyarn and gargoyelib your pals both seem so pleased :)

gargoylelib
11-19-2008, 12:55 AM
This has definitely been one of the most enjoyable swaps I have done. Usually, I'm never sure about what yarn to send because I try to consider what my partner will be able to do with it. This time it was a pure joy to go shopping with a pattern in mind! If you guys decide to do a round 2 to this swap I'll definitely be joining in again!

Thanks for such a fun swap idea!!

*KnitPixie*
11-19-2008, 02:54 AM
This has definitely been one of the most enjoyable swaps I have done. Usually, I'm never sure about what yarn to send because I try to consider what my partner will be able to do with it. This time it was a pure joy to go shopping with a pattern in mind! If you guys decide to do a round 2 to this swap I'll definitely be joining in again!

Thanks for such a fun swap idea!!

Awwww thanks:aww: I am so glad that you enjoyed this swap... I enjoyed it as well! It's great all ways round because you enjoy making the kit for your pal because you know the project it is to be intented for and your pal enjoys her package even more because if he/she felt so inclined they could make the project right away because they already have suitable yarn for the pattern..I :heart: this swap and Jenn loved it and we definitely see many more "Kit" swaps in our future;)

Songbirdy
11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
My package is in the mail. I had a hard time getting to a post office, and wouldn't you know it... first snow storm of the year... cars sliding everywhere! The post office is very close to my darling daughter's ballet studio...

There I was walking down the roads... slip. slip. sliding everywhere... lol. but the package is in the mail. I have the tracking information... what should I do with that?

Songbirdy
11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
oh... and delivery confirmation thingy... in Canada is quite a bit more than a dollar, lol, so now I know ;)

Songbirdy
11-20-2008, 05:31 PM
That's life but ah, its worth it :D

Hmm... I'll see what I do, probably to KnitPixie, because you'd just know who I was sending to now, wouldn't you? Maybe, that person would just prefer knowing now... hmm, I'll check the tracking and see if it lists the destination!

*KnitPixie*
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
My package is in the mail. I had a hard time getting to a post office, and wouldn't you know it... first snow storm of the year... cars sliding everywhere! The post office is very close to my darling daughter's ballet studio...

There I was walking down the roads... slip. slip. sliding everywhere... lol. but the package is in the mail. I have the tracking information... what should I do with that?
You sound like you have luck like me:teehee: What a great pal you are walking out on those treacherous roads just to mail a swap package that isnt even due to be mailed yet:notworthy: I am so sorry to hear that delivery confirmation cost more for you but I can assure you we have good reasoning behind requiring them..They are great to have because if a package mysteriously dissappears for one way or another we will know that you did send your package and the problem lies elsewhere and this in and of itself prevents hard feelings and mean accusations out of our lovely swap:heart: Also you can track the package yourself to make sure it arrives to your pals house. With that said you should keep the delivery confirmation in a safe place until your pal recieves her package and has made a public post about it. You can(optional) give the pal the # so she can track her own package if you want to do so. Personally I did not as I thought it might lessen the surprise factor and to put it simply I enjoy teasing my pal very much..to the fullest even as for me it is part of the fun of a swap:) :happydance:

gargoylelib
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Woohoo!!:woot: My package arrived today...I got back from the store to see it sitting under the carport at my mom's house. I was trying to hide my excitement hehe...

Thank you Thank you Knitpixie!!:muah: You sent such lovely stuff! I couldn't possibly be happier with a package and Suvi is thrilled as well! I don't have a way to post regular pics here but I'm going to try and get some snapshots with the webcam to try and show what an awesome package I got! Not only nice stuff for me but a great little gift set for my little girl as well. She is thrilled and asked me "is it Christmas already?" :) Thank you!!!!!:hug:

Libbie

*KnitPixie*
11-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Libbie I am so glad you and your daughter liked everything... it was so much fun to put together :) Check your email for the pdf to the sock pattern(I forgot to mention that in the letter)

jess_hawk
11-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Mmmmmmm.... forgot to mention that I sent my package out! Hope my partner likes it!

gargoylelib
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Ok, here are some truly *awful* pictures of my swap goodies but I hope they will give a small idea of the awesome package I got! I could not get teh webcam to focus clearly and no matter how much light I turned on they still look dark...sorry!!

I got 4 balls of Patons Classic Merino to make up the pattern Slither from Knitty plus all the buttons! Some really cool "dragon scales" stitch markers (that Suvi is convinced are hers), a dragon soap that smells so yummy I could eat it, some jolly ranchers *yum*, and for Suvi: a Tinkerbell book, Tink stickers and a dinosaur themed view master set. Aimee *Knit Pixie* sent an awesome package and so sorry for the awful pics!
ETA: I forgot!! There was also a cutie beanie dragon named scorch who behaved himself quite admirably and didn't burn up our box on the way! Suvi confiscated him immediately!! :)

Oh, I'll keep my eyes open for the pattern in the email...have you sent it already? There was nothing there this morning :)

Songbirdy
11-21-2008, 11:06 AM
It is fun waiting, kind of.;)

Songbirdy
11-21-2008, 01:13 PM
okay I checked out the link, now you can too ;) see the parcel is in the mail! (https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do?action=display&language=en)

*KnitPixie*
11-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Ok, here are some truly *awful* pictures of my swap goodies but I hope they will give a small idea of the awesome package I got! I could not get teh webcam to focus clearly and no matter how much light I turned on they still look dark...sorry!!

I got 4 balls of Patons Classic Merino to make up the pattern Slither from Knitty plus all the buttons! Some really cool "dragon scales" stitch markers (that Suvi is convinced are hers), a dragon soap that smells so yummy I could eat it, some jolly ranchers *yum*, and for Suvi: a Tinkerbell book, Tink stickers and a dinosaur themed view master set. Aimee *Knit Pixie* sent an awesome package and so sorry for the awful pics!
ETA: I forgot!! There was also a cutie beanie dragon named scorch who behaved himself quite admirably and didn't burn up our box on the way! Suvi confiscated him immediately!! :)

Oh, I'll keep my eyes open for the pattern in the email...have you sent it already? There was nothing there this morning :)

I just sent you the pdf again turns out I only thought I did so before:teehee: Did you like the color of the yarns I picked for the slither pattern?.... it seems Suvi approves of your package as she keeps confiscating everything :roflhard: Oh and please do not worry about the pictures as long as you are happy with your package then thats all that matters!

Samsam
11-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks soo much swap partner, I received my package! I will post about it tomorrow with pics!

gargoylelib
11-22-2008, 10:17 AM
I just sent you the pdf again turns out I only thought I did so before:teehee: Did you like the color of the yarns I picked for the slither pattern?.... it seems Suvi approves of your package as she keeps confiscating everything :roflhard: Oh and please do not worry about the pictures as long as you are happy with your package then thats all that matters!

Yes, I did get the pdf! I can't thank you enough for that :) I loved teh colors you chose for Slither! For those who don't know and can't tell from the pics, I got purple, green and black. All favourite colours of mine!! Suvi definitely approves of the package...the only thing she didn't care about was the pattern! I had to make her leave the yarn and stitch markers alone but just gave up everything else :roflhard: She wanted the yarn because she builds "operators" (yeah, we still haven't figured out what she means so any suggestions are welcome hehe) but I told her that it was mine!!!

Songbirdy
11-22-2008, 11:53 AM
My parcel has arrived in its destination country... I'm expecting you'll have the parcel on Monday!

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-22-2008, 06:24 PM
How often do you guys do this? This is so great. I'm sorry I couldnt have been a part of it. I would love to know if one of these come up again.

Thanks and happy knitting:knitting:

*KnitPixie*
11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Well this is our first time hostessing a swap but we plan on hosting a kit swap #2 after the holidays are over:) and probably many more after that as it was so much fun.. we will send you a message when we do that!

IM4EVERGOOD2U
11-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Well this is our first time hostessing a swap but we plan on hosting a kit swap #2 after the holidays are over:) and probably many more after that as it was so much fun.. we will send you a message when we do that!

Awesome! Thanks! I'll be looking forward for it:woohoo:

Samsam
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Here's my package! Sorry it took a bit to post this.
Enough yarn to make the Maple leaf bag pattern from Knitty plus some extra wool, perfect for felting!
It includes Cascade heathers, Plymouth galaway, Ella rae
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/moomoo4u2/005.jpg
Notions---those green dodads are for intarsta
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/moomoo4u2/006.jpg
And a ball of patons wool in a beautiful golden color that I love that I started a beret with (Meret from Raverly)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/moomoo4u2/003.jpg

Thanks again Emily! :hug:
Excited to start the bag after the hat. Hopefully if won't be another one of my failed intarsia attempts :P
As for my partner, it will be in the mail before the deadline and I will mail you the tracking info of course ^^

jess_hawk
11-23-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm glad you liked everything. Hopefully that gold wool has enough to finish your beret!

Songbirdy
11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
To my swap pal, I really, really hope you like your package... I'm actually quite nervous now... yeesh! [crossing my fingers!]

Samsam
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I finished the beret last night! Love the color soo much.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Everythingbagel/meret-mystery-beret

oneyarn
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Samsam, your beret is great. You make me want to knit one. Just printed out a copy of the pattern.

*KnitPixie*
11-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I just got my package from my wonderful pal Cognizantamiga and I am so excited:woot: :woohoo: My pal spoiled me rotten! I :heart: everything I recieved from my pal....The colors of the yarn she picked for me are gorgeous and the buttons are just perfect!

Look what I got everyone:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/swappic2.jpg?t=1227585138

I have a cool peg it row counter and knit tally set which I really wanted as I am sick of wasting paper to mark off rows and a yummy smelling candle, some stickers as I am going to be a teacher and I also recieved some really yummy vanilla sugar and a pretty decorated spoon. (My fiance promptly screwed the lid off and tasted that and said mmm and then quickly ate one of my snickers *teehee* MEN!) See that white thing at the bottom of the pic..that is a terry cloth handmade heating pad and I love it ( I wonder what is inside it? Hmmmm)..you see I have a rheumatoid condition so my pal made it for me wasn't that so sweet of her?!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/swappic3.jpg?t=1227585414

My pal went with two kits ..this one is the cable neckwarmer I have been wanting to make for some time now. The yarn is Caron simply soft Eco which is awesome since I am trying to be more environmentally friendly these days and I love the buttons..soo shiny:)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/Fall08KitnKaboodleSwap1.jpg?t=1227585455
The other kit my pal chose was for the pattern Prairie boots..she chose Lambs pride bulky in a nice, rich shade of Maroon for the MC and a nice grey shade for the sole...she even went the extra mile and got me the fiber trends suede sole to go with it which I was planning on getting for myself when I first seen this pattern.....Ashley Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :muah: :hug: cloud9

CognizantAmiga
11-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Aimee--

I am so glad you liked everything. I had a fun time looking for it all. You were a great swap partner to shop for! Especially the buttons. I had so much fun looking and deciding what I liked. Can't wait to see your boots all finished up! Hope your hands allow you to work. (The heating bag has beans in it, but I have also made several with rice. The work so good and keep the heat really well!) Hope you enjoy it!

Ashley

Catz
11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
My package arrived today :cheering: Thank you Leike,
The yarn is 100% alpaca in a lovely lilac color, 2 row counters, some hand made stitch markers,a chocolate S and some hard candy. I will not be sharing them with my fiance lol They're all MINE!!!!! lol. Pictures to follow as I have miss placed my camera.

Lieke
11-27-2008, 03:44 PM
My package arrived today :cheering: Thank you Leike,
The yarn is 100% alpaca in a lovely lilac color, 2 row counters, some hand made stitch markers,a chocolate S and some hard candy. I will not be sharing them with my fiance lol They're all MINE!!!!! lol. Pictures to follow as I have miss placed my camera.
I'm glad you like everything and it arrived safely. That went quite fast, concidering I've only mailed it last monday.

I also did receive my package today! I'm so spoiled, I didn't know what happened to me. I was all alone at home when the package came, so nobody around to share the excitement with, so I decided to take pics. Of course, my camera had no batteries (why is it alway empty when you need it) so I used my cell-phone instead, so I'm sorry for the really crappy pics, but it's already dark outside so I did my best to get enough light to make the pics. (Be carefull, this post is picture-heavy)

When I opened the package, I saw a lot of paper:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00008.jpg

I took away some paper and found a little note from my still secret pal.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00009.jpg

When I took away the note I saw a LOT of packages (I nearly fainted at this point)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00010.jpg

First thing I unpacked were two really cute monkeys (yes, they were nice, they didn't build a little nest and stayed away from my yarn and goodies)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00011.jpg

Then, some yarn: chrystal palace panda cotton, I've been dying to try it forever!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00012.jpg

More yarn (laceweight cotton)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00013.jpg

At this point I thought I had found all my yarn, but there were still a lot of presents left. Next thing I found was dark chocolate. (my favorite!)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00014.jpg

And then, to my surprise, I found even more yarn.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00015.jpg

And there was still more!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00017.jpg

Well, I thought I had been spoiled enough, but when I looked inside the box, there was still a lot left.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00018.jpg

So I unwrapped the next present

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00019.jpg

And the next:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00020.jpg

And there was still more. The next present wasn't for me, but for my gerbils. They were spoiled as well. I hope this helps them to stay away from their house, they've been eating it since I've got them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00021.jpg

And some candy for the gerbils as well. (timon and pumba really liked it)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00022.jpg

I also found some hot chocolate with marshmellow (I think, I'm not sure about it)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00023.jpg

A little notebook:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00024.jpg

And last, but not least, a circular needle.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00025.jpg

After that, I found a letter, in which my pal finally gave away her name. Jennifer (AKA Knitprincess) THANK you so MUCH for the great swap package. You really spoiled me! Thanks for organizing and I totally LOVE the yarn and the goodies.

And this is how it looked all toghether:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/DSC00027.jpg

Again, thank you very very much Jennifer. My evening couldn't have been better! Now I'm going to cast on for Laminaria (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTlaminaria.html) and I think I'll spoil myself with some of the chocolate.

Lieke
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
I already casted on for the shawl and for the socks as well. Couldn't wait :wink:

Samsam
11-29-2008, 04:00 PM
My yahoo mail isn't working so here is the tracking info
03082040000131465311 Only stalk this if your name is Adrianne and live in Arizona :balloons: Hope you get it soon!

*KnitPixie*
11-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I was getting on here to post a list of people who recieved their packages so that we can keep track of what is going on and hold people accountable for their packages..but looks like Jenn beat me to it:teehee: See this swap is being watched every day so please don't hesitate to contact us if their are any problems you are experiencing or questions/concerns:wink: It is better if we(the hostesses and your pal) know that you are having trouble getting your packages out on time than thinking you just decided to leave your partner high and dry because that is just not acceptable:fingerwag:

Songbirdy
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I have had my package mailed out for a while, I'm not sure why it hasn't shown recieved because it does show arrived at destination country. So perhaps someone isn't home to get their parcel?

knitpurlgurl
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
My went out last week.. it should arrive Tuesday.

Songbirdy
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
It may be in their country but not in their state right now. Sometimes it takes a day for them to update the location of the parcel. Check back later today to see if the status has changed =) Let us know if you run into any problems.

Its been in Texas two days after I left it at the post office... so I dunno!!! It showed it arrived at Texas and then its just sat there!

I also feel kind of bad because this is my first swap and I'm afraid mine is kind of plain :oops: . I ended up basically spending the monies completely on yarn and notions. And when I look at all the cute stuff I feel badly! I sincerely hope the package is okay!!!

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up, I've been checking eagerly to see if my parcel arrived, lol! :teehee: I wanted it to get there before Christmas, ;)

oneyarn
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
:woohoo: Thank you Songbirdy...I can't believe I am the one that was waiting for your package to arrive. Got a notice in my mailbox on Saturday that I could pick something up today at the post office, but thought it was a "traveling scarf". But what I got instead was a box wrapped in really cute paper with butterflies, bees, and dragon flies on it.
I loved everything you sent and I love that you spent all the money on yarn and notions.
I don't think I would have ever been able talk myself into getting the yarn for the Liquid Siver Shawl by Rosemary Hill..my "yarn money" always seems to go to getting yarn to make something for someone else. The color of yarn is a wonderful rose shade and the amethyst/cooper lined beads are just perfect for the yarn. You even sent big eye beading needles which will really come in handy.
And to top things off you sent 2 boxes of tea....Wild Berry Zinger and Holiday Chai.
I was so lucky when you got picked to be my swap pal. First time or not, you did great and I would take you as my partner any time......
Thanks again for everything....now I don't have to just dream about the shawl....:muah:

*KnitPixie*
12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Its been in Texas two days after I left it at the post office... so I dunno!!! It showed it arrived at Texas and then its just sat there!

I also feel kind of bad because this is my first swap and I'm afraid mine is kind of plain :oops: . I ended up basically spending the monies completely on yarn and notions. And when I look at all the cute stuff I feel badly! I sincerely hope the package is okay!!!

Perhaps I'm just getting worked up, I've been checking eagerly to see if my parcel arrived, lol! :teehee: I wanted it to get there before Christmas, ;)

Songbirdy I am sure your pal will just love your package:wink: The other little things others included are not really required just done as fillers and well fun I guess:teehee: Hmm its been sitting in Texas huh! How strange..on the reciept is there some kind of number you can call to inquire about it? Maybe a phone call would get this package moving again.

Songbirdy
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh you have no idea how relieved I am... phew! I was getting quite anxious, so it is a huge relief that the parcel arrived and is enjoyed :)...

This was fun, my kids were just enthralled with the idea that people would *do* stuff like this for eachother, and... my friends thought I was nuts! lol

I did the mini-sock exchange but that seemed so much smaller (since you only needed the envelope, lol)...

I had fun and I'd love to try it again. Thanks for your work hosts!

*KnitPixie*
12-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Songbirdy I am so glad to hear that your first swap worked out well for you! See... I told you she would love your package;)

*KnitPixie*
12-02-2008, 01:12 AM
The color of yarn is a wonderful rose shade and the amethyst/cooper lined beads are just perfect for the yarn.
oneyarn do you have any pics? The yarn and beads sound beautiful!!! I would love to see them together:)

oneyarn
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
No pictures yet, but I will try to get some of the yarn and beads.
I am busy searching were my size 8 needles are.so I can cast on the shawl...the package is empty, so where are they? Is there a UFO hiding somewhere?

knitpurlgurl
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM

Mine was kinda plain too! I purchase the required amount in yarn and such and then bought extra yarn and notions as goodies.. not so much cutesy things. I hope my swap partner isn't disappointed. I guess I'll know what to do next time! :)

*KnitPixie*
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Like people each package is different. If we all made them the same way it wouldn't be much fun swapping :teehee: Everyone had put a lot of thought into their gifts and we all had fun which is what counts :muah:
Couldn't have said it better:wink:

CognizantAmiga
12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
My package arrived from knitpurlgurl yesterday!!!! I had hoped to get the pictures uploaded during nap today....but no sit down time for me. So pictures and descriptions will follow tomorrow! I am so excited. She did such a great job! My sister was over and was fairly drooling over my yarn today!

Thanks so much knitpurlgurl!!!!!

jess_hawk
12-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Don't be scared! Gloves are fun!!!

lucky_alf2
12-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I opened my package this morning!! It's awesome! What pretty pretty soft yarn! And great goodies too! Thanks so much Samsam for making my day special! I'll post some pics when I get a chance--Tuedays and Wednesdays are crazy days for me and the kids.

Adri :)

CognizantAmiga
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
:heart: O.K. Ladies here for your porn pleasure......

First off, the notions! I loved :heart: everything in my package. It was beautiful and so tasteful!!!! :cheering:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/3077689891_d95d2221b1.jpg

She sent a wonderful little zipper pouch that will fit in my notebook to hold notions! I never would have noticed those, but I love it! Inside the pouch were...two yankee tarts (pumpkin spice smell ---yummmmm), little bitty picture frames, a heart embellishment from Be Sweet yarns, and the sweetest lamb tape measure!!! I am having to fight kids and my sister over this one!!!! THere was also some loose leaf "tropical green tea" from My Cup of Tea (Moni Dew here on KH) It is simply delicious. I am going to have to check out what all she has!

Then we have the yarn!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/3077685699_1203548c7a.jpg

First for a wonderful pattern for Tweedy Cabled Cap found here (http://aestheticentanglementz.blogspot.com/2008/04/because-you-asked.html). With the Khatmandu yarn in a beautiful tweedy green! This will be my first cable project and I am SOOOO excited!!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/3078518350_b76f17761d.jpg

Then some Knitpicks Cotlin in a wonderful Moroccan red color. To make the Grrrlfriend Market Bag here (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grrlfriend-market-bag)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/3078519094_db42090e90.jpg

And then as a special suprise she also included a breast cancer awareness scarf pattern and yarn (complete with awareness ribbon)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/3078520226_24e2fd24f9.jpg

I hope I got everything in there. There was so much and it is all so great!! Thank you so much Karrie. :muah: No dissapointment here AT ALL!!!!:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

knitpurlgurl
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
CognizantAmiga - I'm SO glad you liked everything!!! I had so much fun putting it all together. I had originally ordered you stitch markers that were thin ovals of pearl, but most of them cracked in shipping and that really threw me off! I had to drive on over to my LYS and scavenge for notions! :)

Samsam
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Glad you liked ^^

*KnitPixie*
12-07-2008, 03:40 AM
It would seem that Songbirdy and Jess_Hawk did not get their packages yet? Is this correct or have they just not posted about them yet? It has been a little over a week since packages should have been sent out. With that said at this point I would like to ask that their secret pals please pm me asap so that Jenn and I are aware of the status of the packages, problems you are experiencing, etc. Thank You so much :muah:

jess_hawk
12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
My pal emailed me that mine was sent out last weekend but it hadn't arrived yet Friday. Our post office pretty much follows school hours (its campus mail) though so I haven't been able to check this weekend.

Songbirdy
12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I have not recieved my package yet. My pal had mentioned some mitigating factors a week or two ago. Its okay and I understand :o) I just look forward to getting my package when she/he can get it out, it will truly be a pleasant surprise now :)

jess_hawk
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
My adventure at the post office:
Goal: retrieve mail and lunch
So, I left my dorm and sloshed through the slush over to the university center, where the post office and food court are. My mailbox contained a lollipop snowman from my cousin, and the long-anticipated, "Please stop by to pick up a package (2)" slip. :woot: . I took the slip to get my packages - one from lucky_alf2 and one that has the replacement cord for my mom's sewing machine. On the way to order my food, my knitting kit package opened itself. No seriously, it did. There was a tiny hole in it when I got it, and by the time my food was ordered, the entire end of the package was open. Of course, this was obviously a sign from God that there was no reason for me to wait to explore the package. :woohoo:
It contained the following items:
IK Holiday Gifts 2008
1 candle from Gold Canyon Candle Co. - I'm getting over a cold so I'm still working on what it smells like lol
a "Yarn Traveller" from Creative Couture - which I've been wanting for ages but could never justify for myself :) - comes complete with a carabiner attachement - Carabiners replace Duct Tape in my universe as the force by which all is held together.
2 packets of movie theatre butter popcorn
2 flavor packets for the aforementioned popcorn
4 of those chewy peppermint candy thingies (I love peppermint *dies*)
Designer collection tissues with my initial "E" on them (OK I admit to taking a minute figuring out what these were...):teehee:
A purple folder of the patterns I picked out and a paperclip to keep my place. The first one, Spirogyra, is the one which my kit was created for. Included are a "pocket-sized" version of the Spirogyra pattern, a note that online comments indicate 30 pattern rows to be sufficient length, a card from Adrianne, and a set of green and blue stitch markers made by her so I can keep my place on the pattern.

Now, you all may have noticed that this package had no yarn in it. Don't worry! My yarn is coming directly from the store, because Adrianne has a cat, Tegan, and I am allergic to cats, so she was concerned about cat hair in my yarn. :hug:
"Emily?"... "Emily!"... oh crap I was here to get food, wasn't I?
Photos as soon as my roommates are out of the living room so I can take it over!

*KnitPixie*
12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Emily Your package sounds lovely! I am so glad it has arrived and Adrianne was so sweet to have your yarn delivered seperately due to the cat allergies. Sounds like this swap is turning out to be a great swap and I couldn't be happier everyone is doing such a great job:thumbsup:

One package to go and I also have heard of the predicament by Songbirdy's Pal so I am not worried either as I happen to know her secret pal is good with swaps and she will be taken care of. Please let us know when your package arrives, hopefully it will not be to long before your package finds its way to you:blooby:so you can roll around in your goodies..not that I myself did that lol :eyebrow: :teehee:

jess_hawk
12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
As promised, my package! http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/3093708367_0dfc0577ab.jpg?v=0
You can't see the stitch markers very well in this but between my two cameras and four batteries, I still did not have enough batteries for more than one photo. So a detailed photo of the stitch markers will be included when the yarn arrives.
Isn't it beautiful!? Thanks Adrianne!:hug: :woohoo:

jess_hawk
12-10-2008, 01:11 AM
My yarn came today! 2 balls of KP Andean Treasure in Lilac Heather... sooooooo yummy! I haven't charged my camera batteries yet but wanted to let you know it got here safe... now I have to study, yuck...

*KnitPixie*
12-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Songbirdy we did not forget you, your pal has informed us that your package is on the way:wink: Please keep us posted