PDA

View Full Version : Blog... I started my own...

teachermom
10-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I keep hearing about more and more people are blogging... so this morning I was putting off some work that I had to do and started my own blog.:cheering:

I'm excited and was amazed at how easy and addicting it can be. I've never done anything like this and decided what the heck... let's see what all the fuss is about a blog.

I got into it this morning and decided to upload some pictures of my recent projects.

Anyone else out there also blog???

JustAFloridaGirl
10-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey there, I left a comment on your blog.

I also have a blog and I use it to cover all my endeavors in the domestic arts (cooking and baking are actually my favorites.) The link is in my signature.

I can't wait to see pictures of your quilting. My grandmother quilted a lot and I've always thought it would be nice to know how to do.

Andres
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I have a blog, too.

It's a knitting blog: My projects, and other knitting-related things... :)

...I left a comment on you blog, by the way.

teachermom
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a blog, too.

It's a knitting blog: My projects, and other knitting-related things... :)

...I left a comment on you blog, by the way.

Thank you Andres.... I got your comment - the book I have is my grandmothers and they call it 'auto heel', it was from the 1940's. I did some research on the internet and it is also known as short row heel. I found these instructions: http://misocrafty.squarespace.com/journal/2006/9/21/short-row-heel-tutorial.html

They were fun to make but I don't think I'll use it as an option on most of my socks. The auto heel or short row heel is not as sturdy as a traditional knitted heel.

Andres
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks! :)

lelvsdgs
10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the world of blogging! I started out blogging to have a place to put my writing and it's expanded to include my knitting. Haven't had much time to do much lately but it's fun to do and it's fun to see what others are doing as well. Happy Blogging!:happydance:

iwouldratherbeknitting
10-13-2008, 05:22 AM
I have a blog too-- and I've written and posted photos there for a year now.

You'll slowly start getting new readers... I'm always amazed that anyone reads my blog... much less that I have repeat readers! :woot:

Good luck with your blog.